Author Topic: Cyberpunk 2077 - We're finally Next-Gen!  (Read 160502 times)

Great Rumbler

• Dab on the sinners
  • Global Moderator
Re: Cyberpunk 2077 - "2077" Refers To The Release Date
« Reply #480 on: July 03, 2020, 12:28:02 PM »
Or maybe that was bullshit CGI. :idont

Either way, there is a noticeable downgrade with the game.

(Image removed from quote.)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vjF9GgrY9c0&t=12m56s

:marimo

Compared to:

(14-15 seconds in)

You're going to tell me with a straight face the city's density is the same? :comeon That's not to mention the city's cars density and the early E3 build driving around being completely empty (which you could chalk up to "EARLY DEVELOPMENTZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZzzzzzzzzzzzzzz" if you wanted a defense)

Like: I'm getting Cyberpunk, I've pre-ordered it, I'm hype: But, you'd have to be blind to not notice the town density being lower than that original E3 reveal Raist posted.

The older video takes place during the day in the nicest part of town. The new video takes places at night in a slummier part of town.
dog

thetylerrob

« Reply #481 on: July 03, 2020, 12:46:58 PM »
Someone needs to lower the population density slider on this thread  :gun :gun :gun

Raist

• Winner of the Baited Award 2018
« Reply #482 on: July 03, 2020, 01:34:32 PM »

Compared to:

(14-15 seconds in)

You're going to tell me with a straight face the city's density is the same? :comeon That's not to mention the city's cars density and the early E3 build driving around being completely empty (which you could chalk up to "EARLY DEVELOPMENTZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZzzzzzzzzzzzzzz" if you wanted a defense)

Like: I'm getting Cyberpunk, I've pre-ordered it, I'm hype: But, you'd have to be blind to not notice the town density being lower than that original E3 reveal Raist posted.

The older video takes place during the day in the nicest part of town. The new video takes places at night in a slummier part of town.

I'd give them the benefit of the doubt, but they pulled the exact same stunt with TW3, so...

They're basically the Ubisoft of Poland.

Human Snorenado

• Stay out of Malibu, Lebowski
  • Icon
« Reply #483 on: July 03, 2020, 01:45:17 PM »
Which, as we all know and has been well documented, DIRECTLY RESULTED in TW3 being one of the worst unplayable pieces of shit ever produced

Seriously, gtfo with this dumb fucking bullshit, I swear
« Last Edit: July 03, 2020, 02:06:01 PM by Human Snorenado »
yar

Tasty

« Reply #484 on: July 03, 2020, 01:55:34 PM »
Oh no there's definitely fewer people milling around aimlessly in town, but if that matters to you or you think it will impact gameplay you should be tied to a rock and thrown into the sea and your relatives all murdered so we get your genes out of humanity's pool
Maybe you should put down the videogames and invest in a shrink, bro.  :holeup

He's been possessed by the spirit of Glen, just like the Emperor (KOTOR version.)

Pissy F Benny

• Is down with the sickness
« Reply #485 on: July 03, 2020, 08:08:03 PM »
Which, as we all know and has been well documented, DIRECTLY RESULTED in TW3 being one of the worst unplayable pieces of shit ever produced

Seriously, gtfo with this dumb fucking bullshit, I swear

:piss :gamer :piss2
(ice)

thisismyusername

• GunOn™! Apply directly to forehead!

thisismyusername

• GunOn™! Apply directly to forehead!
« Reply #487 on: July 15, 2020, 08:41:21 AM »

Compared to:

(14-15 seconds in)

You and Snorenado are going to tell me with a straight face that the Population Density in a goddamn mega-city is lower because "it's night bro lol"? :comeon So what, a city with a Lore-enabled Combat Zone (https://cyberpunk.fandom.com/wiki/Combat_Zone ) running through it is just enabled Martial Law 60 years after the Core Rulebook/situation deterorated? :comeon I guess the entire City is now the Combat Zone in this case? :idont

Raist

« Reply #488 on: July 15, 2020, 04:00:57 PM »
"Welcome to Night City. Which has no night life."

Human Snorenado

• Icon
« Reply #489 on: July 15, 2020, 07:17:34 PM »
No, I'm telling you with a straight face that it won't fucking detract from the end product unless you're a total fucking special fellow
yar

MMaRsu

• Administrator
« Reply #490 on: July 16, 2020, 04:05:17 AM »
An empty city will surely detract from the overall experience. Imagine GTA V with two peds per street 😅.

I am just pretty sure they will tighten it up and polish this turd till its a diamond and the populqtion will be increased
« Last Edit: July 16, 2020, 04:19:41 AM by MMaRsu »
What

Cerveza mas fina

• I don't care for Islam tbqh
  • filler
« Reply #491 on: July 16, 2020, 11:00:10 AM »
Too bad GTA is shit and Witcher 3 is the game of the last decade.

I think I will take my chances with Cyberpunk and trust CDPR to deliver a decent game.

Don Rumata

• Hard To Be A John
« Reply #492 on: July 16, 2020, 12:18:15 PM »

I think I will take my chances with Cyberpunk and trust CDPR to deliver a decent game.
Literally the three amazing things about Witcher 3 are writing, graphics... and world building:lol

Combat is mediocre, quest design, loot balancing, RPG elements are all pretty shallow.

I love Witcher 3, but a lot of its power rests on its ability to sell the world through production values.

Flannel Boy

• classic millennial sex pickle
  • Icon
« Reply #493 on: July 16, 2020, 03:53:26 PM »
Everyone is working from home and social distancing.

Tasty

« Reply #494 on: July 16, 2020, 04:55:52 PM »
An empty city will surely detract from the overall experience. Imagine GTA V with two peds per street 😅.

I am just pretty sure they will tighten it up and polish this turd till its a diamond and the populqtion will be increased

More like Cyberpunk 7 NPCs amiright?

Human Snorenado

• Icon
« Reply #495 on: July 16, 2020, 05:00:39 PM »
If only a bunch of people had played this game and could give detailed impressions on if it was good

oh well I guess we'll never know
yar

Cerveza mas fina

• filler
« Reply #496 on: July 16, 2020, 05:11:06 PM »
Now Diablo 3 though...

Human Snorenado

• Icon
« Reply #497 on: July 16, 2020, 05:13:26 PM »
Now Diablo 3 though...

Launch and vanilla (pre RoS) D3 is a completely different beast than present day D3, DO NOT @ ME BITCH
yar

Raist

« Reply #498 on: July 16, 2020, 05:38:08 PM »
Ah yes the people who "played the game" as in vertical slices in ultra controlled settings, and got a lot of free swag. Definitely trustworthy opinions :lol

Human Snorenado

• Icon
« Reply #499 on: July 16, 2020, 07:52:02 PM »
iT's aBoUt eThIcS iN gAmE jOuRnAlIsM

So are you saying you seriously think this game is going to suck OR some mythical 30% reduction of crowds is going to meaningfully detract from the game play experience? Just trying to get straight what you're trying to say, unless you're shitposting.

spoiler (click to show/hide)
You're shitposting
[close]
yar

naff

• someday you feed on a tree frog
« Reply #500 on: July 16, 2020, 08:03:46 PM »
it's a weird thing to weigh in on, but even in the most dense parts of tokyo and seoul if u go to a nightclub on an off night it's pretty dead.
◕‿◕

naff

• someday you feed on a tree frog
« Reply #501 on: July 16, 2020, 08:11:29 PM »
im sure the final build will feel right, and there will be specific areas that are dense af. some random club in the slums with dudes playing basketball outside. not the sort of area you'd expect huge crowds unless they were throwing a specific event.

i think everyone would think it felt pretty fake if there were suddenly huge random crowds doing nothing everywhere. imo, future dystopias should feel less dense than current cities not more. populations in these places are barely increasing, birth rates are significantly declining, unless you're a fucking badass you probably dont want to be hanging out outside that much etc etc
« Last Edit: July 16, 2020, 08:28:57 PM by naff »
◕‿◕

El Babua

« Reply #502 on: July 16, 2020, 11:05:33 PM »
Should've never developed this as a current gen game tbh  :doge

Don Rumata

• Hard To Be A John
« Reply #503 on: July 17, 2020, 12:19:48 PM »
iT's aBoUt eThIcS iN gAmE jOuRnAlIsM

So are you saying you seriously think this game is going to suck OR some mythical 30% reduction of crowds is going to meaningfully detract from the game play experience? Just trying to get straight what you're trying to say, unless you're shitposting.

spoiler (click to show/hide)
You're shitposting
[close]
Speaking of shitposting...
Nobody said the game is going to suck, we criticized a specific aspect of it, and said the lack of life in the open world is going to impact immersion (an important aspect of in RPG like this, like it or not).
If criticizing ONE aspect of the game is too much for you to handle, i don't know how to help you.

Cerveza mas fina

• filler
« Reply #504 on: July 17, 2020, 12:54:53 PM »
Don't act surprised people think you are anal now

Cerveza mas fina

• filler
« Reply #505 on: July 17, 2020, 12:57:06 PM »
it's a weird thing to weigh in on, but even in the most dense parts of tokyo and seoul if u go to a nightclub on an off night it's pretty dead.

Bro most of these people have never been in a big city, at night, not in a game.

Trent Dole

• the sharpest tool in the shed
« Reply #506 on: July 17, 2020, 01:14:08 PM »
Are people still really this surprised that the vision presented in an announcement trailer doesn't exactly line up with the final product? :doge
Hi

Don Rumata

• Hard To Be A John
« Reply #507 on: July 17, 2020, 01:24:07 PM »
Ah, "anal", is that why you guys got such a massive butthurt for a minor criticism?  :doge

mormapope

• WHADDYA HEAR, WHADDYA SAY
« Reply #508 on: July 17, 2020, 01:29:03 PM »
This thread is now about great club vibes

Are people still really this surprised that the vision presented in an announcement trailer doesn't exactly line up with the final product? :doge

The main lesson I learned is Polish game developers should go to better clubs.  :doge
OH!

Cerveza mas fina

• filler
« Reply #509 on: July 17, 2020, 01:49:08 PM »
Ah, "anal", is that why you guys got such a massive butthurt for a minor criticism?  :doge

Hahaha i dont care bro

Like its you having a problem not me

I will enjoy it just fine

Cerveza mas fina

• filler
« Reply #510 on: July 17, 2020, 01:51:51 PM »
Like why would anyone be upset you don't enjoy something  :lol

Himu

« Reply #511 on: July 17, 2020, 02:17:12 PM »

Literally the three amazing things about Witcher 3 are writing, graphics... and world building:lol

Combat is mediocre, quest design, loot balancing, RPG elements are all pretty shallow.

I love Witcher 3, but a lot of its power rests on its ability to sell the world through production values.

So it's best I watch The Witcher 3 the movie rather than give the game another chance? I agree. Felt like writing was the best thing going for it. Might as well just be a book.

That's probably my biggest concern with Cyberpunk. As far as I'm concerned CDPR haven't shown they have the chops to pull off a highly deep role playing experience which this game promises to deliver. Hopefully it does. If not, there's always Bloodlines 2.
IYKYK

Don Rumata

• Hard To Be A John
« Reply #512 on: July 17, 2020, 02:20:03 PM »
Like why would anyone be upset you don't enjoy something  :lol
It's what i'm trying to understand myself.  ::)
I said i thought streets looked a bit too lifeless, and it seemed like i called someone's mom a whore.  :lol

Himu

« Reply #513 on: July 17, 2020, 02:22:21 PM »
Which video has the lifeless streets and lack of peds so I can see how I feel about it?
IYKYK

Don Rumata

• Hard To Be A John
« Reply #514 on: July 17, 2020, 02:22:47 PM »

So it's best I watch The Witcher 3 the movie rather than give the game another chance? I agree. Felt like writing was the best thing going for it. Might as well just be a book.
Depends what you look for in a game, i enjoy even just walking around looking at stuff if the world building is well done (like it is in Witcher 3).
Besides, an element being mediocre (like the combat in W3) doesn't mean it's shit, it can still be serviceable and be good enough to sustain the excellent parts.
This is true for any game, since no game is excellent under every aspect.

Which video has the lifeless streets and lack of peds so I can see how I feel about it?
This was based on the latest round of previews/B-roll footage.

But again, i'm not saying the game is going to suck, nor am i saying everybody should care (and yes, it is something that could improve by release).
It was just something that stuck out, and for some reason dragged on for 2 pages.  :yeshrug

Himu

« Reply #515 on: July 17, 2020, 02:25:49 PM »

Depends what you look for in a game, i enjoy even just walking around looking at stuff if the world building is well done (like it is in Witcher 3).
Besides, an element being mediocre (like the combat in W3) doesn't mean it's shit, it can still be serviceable and be good enough to sustain the excellent parts.

You literally said combat, quest design, loot balance, and rpg elements are all shallow. Indicating a poor game, but a well written product that might as well be a movie.

:thinking

How do go from "all of these gameplay aspects are poor" to "only one element"? By your own descriptor, The Witcher 3 is a bad game.
IYKYK

Cerveza mas fina

• filler
« Reply #516 on: July 17, 2020, 02:27:35 PM »
Nah, its so good because its a game.

Combat etc is rough, but serviceable

Its more then the sum of its parts, you cant take it apart like that

Don Rumata

• Hard To Be A John
« Reply #517 on: July 17, 2020, 02:32:22 PM »

You literally said combat, quest design, loot balance, and rpg elements are all shallow. Indicating a poor game, but a well written product that might as well be a movie.

I don't think that's how it works.
The Witcher3's narrative is its strongest point, but it's still a game narrative, meaning you could not just slap it on the screen and get the same result and feedback.
There's this (wrong) belief that narrative and gameplay are two entities separated from each other, that the latter is just something borrowed from cinema or literature, but i disagree.
When i walk from A to B in the forest in an open world game, that is narrative, that is narrative that is unique to a videogame, that is narrative that you can't just slap on a movie.
It's not a narrative structure that is as well understood as cinema's and book's techniques are, but it's there.

That's why you should always look at a game in its entirety, rather than break it down in small pieces (gameplay, story, graphics) pretending that one and the other aren't directly connected.

Himu

« Reply #518 on: July 17, 2020, 02:34:57 PM »

This was based on the latest round of previews/B-roll footage.

Okay. The overworld is barren and empty but AfterLife looks fine and no different from any western rpg of any other generation. That club has as much npcs as you would find in an interior as Fallout NV, Mass Effect, or KOTOR.

Given there's a disclaimer that literally says "product not finished or indicative of final product" it doesn't mean anything to me. They probably limited NPCs in the overworld for better performance to show it off.

The real kicker is depth. If this game does not provide it, it will not be worth playing. If it's another "the story is good but the gameplay is eh" game from CDPR, it'll prove they're anti-Bethesda. As in, Bethesda can't write but they can make semi-fun/addictive games. On the contrary, CDPR can write but are bad at making games.
« Last Edit: July 17, 2020, 02:47:48 PM by Cindi Mayweather »
IYKYK

Himu

« Reply #519 on: July 17, 2020, 02:41:00 PM »

I don't think that's how it works.
The Witcher3's narrative is its strongest point, but it's still a game narrative, meaning you could not just slap it on the screen and get the same result and feedback.
There's this (wrong) belief that narrative and gameplay are two entities separated from each other, that the latter is just something borrowed from cinema or literature, but i disagree.
When i walk from A to B in the forest in an open world game, that is narrative, that is narrative that is unique to a videogame, that is narrative that you can't just slap on a movie.
It's not a narrative structure that is as well understood as cinema's and book's techniques are, but it's there.

That's why you should always look at a game in its entirety, rather than break it down in small pieces (gameplay, story, graphics) pretending that one and the other aren't directly connected.

Okay, I get that. The idea it's the game of the decade and it has shallow quests, combat;etc. is still ridiculous to me but different people have different preferences and standards. When everyone shouts to high heaven about a games quality and important aspects like quests are shallow? You better come with the goods especially when a decade has games like Dark Souls, Bloodborne, Mario Odyssey, and Breath of the Wild.

But that's my expectation.

I also place different expectations on different genres. Like, I don't expect a horror game or an adventure game (which horror games often constitute) to have deep gameplay. Those are experience games. And that's fine! But The Witcher 3 is being hailed as best game ever, best game of the decade. Given these praises mediocre gameplay is completely unsatisfactory and makes any claim of hype or "game of the decade" accolades to be literal laugh in your face worthy.
« Last Edit: July 17, 2020, 02:55:05 PM by Cindi Mayweather »
IYKYK

Nabbis

• oops
« Reply #520 on: July 17, 2020, 03:44:03 PM »
I kinda feel that the game would be better in a Deus Ex styled smaller segments instead of open-world. For me the only recent open-world game that justified it's size is Zelda:Botw, mostly due to it having ridiculous amounts of sandbox elements.

Himu

« Reply #521 on: July 17, 2020, 03:45:38 PM »
I kinda feel that the game would be better in a Deus Ex styled smaller segments instead of open-world. For me the only recent open-world game that justified it's size is Zelda:Botw, mostly due to it having ridiculous amounts of sandbox elements.

I agree. Zones like Deus Ex and Bloodlines would be preferable.
IYKYK

Great Rumbler

• Dab on the sinners
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #522 on: July 17, 2020, 06:45:13 PM »
The Witcher 3 is probably the best RPG I've played this past decade.
dog

Human Snorenado

• Icon
« Reply #523 on: July 17, 2020, 10:09:02 PM »
The Witcher 3 is probably the best RPG I've played this past decade.

...BRUH

Witcher 3 is great tho. It definitely has elements that can be shallow on lower difficulties (and some wack ass camera bullshit) but those are also elements that I feel Cindy places a premium on, so I wouldn't recommend she replay it again *shrugs*
yar

Great Rumbler

• Dab on the sinners
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #524 on: July 17, 2020, 10:25:01 PM »
Disco Elysium feels like the first big RPG of the new decade, even though it actually came out last year.
dog

Cerveza mas fina

• filler
« Reply #525 on: July 18, 2020, 03:38:09 AM »
There would be no benefit at all to make witcher into zones except to make it feel smaller.

I also don't get why Cindi keeps trying to like it.

Don Rumata

• Hard To Be A John
« Reply #526 on: July 18, 2020, 08:57:54 AM »
There would be no benefit at all to make witcher into zones except to make it feel smaller.

I also don't get why Cindi keeps trying to like it.
In general i don't get the obsession with general public opinions, like "but they said it's the best thing ever".
It never does any good to go into a game with such ridiculous expectations, nor is it the game's fault, if people love to be hyperbolic.
And of course, just because a game is well liked, it doesn't mean literally everyone are going to like it.

Pissy F Benny

« Reply #527 on: July 18, 2020, 10:00:56 AM »
anyone who doesn't like exactly the same things as me is a low life imo 

:maduro
(ice)

Cerveza mas fina

• filler
« Reply #528 on: August 07, 2020, 03:36:19 PM »
I got the World of Cyberpunk 2077 hardcover book today. Really nice introduction to the world and some good art.

Great Rumbler

• Dab on the sinners
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #529 on: August 07, 2020, 05:22:09 PM »
Next episode of Night City Wire is scheduled for Monday.
dog

Cerveza mas fina

• filler
« Reply #530 on: August 08, 2020, 04:02:40 AM »
Disco Elysium feels like the first big RPG of the new decade, even though it actually came out last year.

I know that feel, Matrix came out in 99 too

Svejk

« Reply #531 on: August 10, 2020, 12:01:19 PM »

MMaRsu

• Administrator
« Reply #532 on: August 10, 2020, 12:04:01 PM »
Still not a lot of npc on them streets
What

Pissy F Benny

« Reply #533 on: August 10, 2020, 12:09:24 PM »
game = confirmed trash

:biden
(ice)

MMaRsu

• Administrator
« Reply #534 on: August 10, 2020, 12:27:34 PM »
Nah Im still looking forward to it, just better to keep expectations in check.
What

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #535 on: August 10, 2020, 12:45:18 PM »
This game looks so good. Holy fucking shit.

CD Projekt Red: You can pick between different backstories that alter your options in the game. We basically made three entirely different introductions.  :snob

343i: plz be excited, we promise to add more graphics to lvl 1 soon  :fbm
🤴

Pissy F Benny

« Reply #536 on: August 10, 2020, 12:52:58 PM »
CDPR: look at all these weapons in the game :mynicca

343i: o shit shotguns, we forgot about them we might add them in an update down the line :duh

:biden
(ice)

MMaRsu

• Administrator
« Reply #537 on: August 10, 2020, 12:57:39 PM »
Honestly I have zero clue why anyone gives a shit about any 343i game. They are all terrible. That developer sucks ass
What

MMaRsu

• Administrator
« Reply #538 on: August 10, 2020, 12:58:10 PM »
What

Great Rumbler

• Dab on the sinners
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #539 on: August 10, 2020, 02:41:41 PM »
Looks dope! :rejoice