Author Topic: Cyberpunk 2077 - We're finally Next-Gen!  (Read 160990 times)

Svejk

Re: Cyberpunk 2077 - "2077" Refers To The Release Date
« Reply #540 on: August 10, 2020, 03:28:01 PM »
I think I'm gonna have to start Nomad first go round.

Don Rumata

• Hard To Be A John
« Reply #541 on: August 10, 2020, 03:50:21 PM »
Street Kid seems the most appealing to me, but i think 90% will do Corporate.

I don't understand why they talk like southern US in the outskirts though, isn't it just outside the city?

EDIT: I guess in places like New Jersey they have a significantly different accent than New York City? :thinking

Akala

• Easy Victor
« Reply #542 on: August 10, 2020, 04:02:29 PM »
looking great except for areas of a megacity that should be packed yet are sparse. need some AC unity-style NPC fodder to liven things up.

Rufus

• 🙈🙉🙊
« Reply #543 on: August 10, 2020, 04:03:17 PM »
I don't understand why they talk like southern US in the outskirts though, isn't it just outside the city?
They don't though. :wtf

El Babua

« Reply #544 on: August 10, 2020, 06:14:58 PM »
The voice acting and dialogue they've shown off has been pretty bad ngl

Don Rumata

• Hard To Be A John
« Reply #545 on: August 10, 2020, 06:18:25 PM »
They don't though. :wtf
I seemed to hear that kind of accent from the VO, when you see the guy in the Cowboy hat, maybe it's just him, or maybe i can't tell them apart.  :thinking
Both are likely.

Anyway, there seems to be quite a lot of wepon modding in it, i always lose a lot of time with that shit in games.
Make sense, since you actually do see the gun 90% of the time.

Human Snorenado

• Stay out of Malibu, Lebowski
  • Icon
« Reply #546 on: August 10, 2020, 06:43:39 PM »
I was actually high on playing a Nomad until I saw they went a hillbilly route instead of a Mad Max route

Guess I'll flip between street kid and corpo
yar

Great Rumbler

• Dab on the sinners
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #547 on: August 10, 2020, 06:48:38 PM »
Night City is on the California coast, somewhere between LA and San Francisco.
dog

Svejk

« Reply #548 on: August 11, 2020, 09:23:16 AM »
Why do you think that? Just curious.  It was probably my second choice, only due to being in thrown directly into the high end corporate dirt...  and then assuming you get stripped of everything, thrown back on the streets, and have to start off with nothing and work your way back up..(like Metroid maybe? SOTN?)   That's kinda what I picture they're aiming for maybe?

As for the nomad, what makes me gravitate toward it more atm, is the feeling of starting off in a smaller area (like White Orchard from Witcher 3), kind of like a tutorial area, and then eventually getting to the big city with the game busting wide open several hours in.. Sounds like bliss to me....  That is, that's what I'm assuming they're aiming for.   Oh, and whatever that techy, ratted out Golf looking hatchback car is...  :hyper  gimme that ugly shit!  Love it!

The hype is totally here, but I'm still undecided on what platform to get this on still.  I probably won't make a decision until the last minute when next gen shit starts to truly drop and more things get confirmed.

Himu

« Reply #549 on: August 11, 2020, 09:47:27 AM »

Very well could be goty.

Game has oodles of potential.
« Last Edit: August 11, 2020, 09:51:39 AM by Cindi Mayweather »
IYKYK

Svejk

« Reply #550 on: August 11, 2020, 10:05:23 AM »
Already my GOTY, easy... don't even need to play it. I'm already too biased. lol  It could very well be my GOTG, only to knock Witcher 3 off the throne.  I've been dreaming of this game ever since playing Snatcher for the first time.  Give it to me!!

:bow CDPR  :bow2
« Last Edit: August 11, 2020, 10:25:04 AM by Svejk »

Pissy F Benny

• Is down with the sickness
« Reply #551 on: August 11, 2020, 10:48:55 AM »
i'm keeping my expectations in check, idk if it can live up to the hype, which will probably be nuclear once we get near to launch :snob
(ice)

MMaRsu

• Administrator
« Reply #552 on: August 11, 2020, 11:44:38 AM »

Bad compared to what exactly
What

Cerveza mas fina

• I don't care for Islam tbqh
  • filler
« Reply #553 on: August 11, 2020, 12:47:05 PM »
Why do you think that? Just curious.  It was probably my second choice, only due to being in thrown directly into the high end corporate dirt...  and then assuming you get stripped of everything, thrown back on the streets, and have to start off with nothing and work your way back up..(like Metroid maybe? SOTN?)   That's kinda what I picture they're aiming for maybe?

As for the nomad, what makes me gravitate toward it more atm, is the feeling of starting off in a smaller area (like White Orchard from Witcher 3), kind of like a tutorial area, and then eventually getting to the big city with the game busting wide open several hours in.. Sounds like bliss to me....  That is, that's what I'm assuming they're aiming for.   Oh, and whatever that techy, ratted out Golf looking hatchback car is...  :hyper  gimme that ugly shit!  Love it!

The hype is totally here, but I'm still undecided on what platform to get this on still.  I probably won't make a decision until the last minute when next gen shit starts to truly drop and more things get confirmed.

Thats a good reason to go Nomad. Not sure though what options would be open to one

Corpo seems most Cyberpunk though. Corpo is also popular as you will get more interaction with Keanus character. As a bonus I think I will like Corpos dialogue options too.

Street Kid should have some cool dialogue options too.

Svejk

« Reply #554 on: August 11, 2020, 12:57:05 PM »

Thats a good reason to go Nomad. Not sure though what options would be open to one

Corpo seems most Cyberpunk though. Corpo is also popular as you will get more interaction with Keanus character. As a bonus I think I will like Corpos dialogue options too.

Street Kid should have some cool dialogue options too.
In general, I like all 3 options... though, it only makes it harder to decide.  I already know I'm gonna spend a stupid amount of unnecessary time with the character creator already...  :doge
Wish they'd just drop a demo/stand alone character creator to let you have a character prepped and ready to roll Day 1.  Cripes, why is this not done more often like Saints Row III did?!?  :noah

Don Rumata

• Hard To Be A John
« Reply #555 on: August 11, 2020, 01:42:05 PM »
Why do you think that? Just curious.
Just anecdotal, based on what i've heard/read around.
My rationalization for that is that it's: the most sleek environment; the one closer to the Deus Ex/GitS idea of Cyber Punk; and probably even gives you the illusion of starting more well off.
I associate Cyber Punk with city underbelly, so that's why i gravitate towards Street Kid more, but Corpo would be my second choice as well.

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #556 on: August 11, 2020, 01:44:47 PM »
I'm going to be Corpo V Jensen, I never asked for this  :hmph
« Last Edit: August 11, 2020, 01:51:51 PM by Nintex »
🤴

Pissy F Benny

« Reply #557 on: August 11, 2020, 01:58:38 PM »
skeet kid 1st i think :mynicca
(ice)

Yeti

• Hail Hydra
« Reply #558 on: August 11, 2020, 06:15:49 PM »
I’m going to be nomad first, because when I don’t know what a cyber-mobobulator is I can just chalk it up to being a country bumpkin in the big city
WDW

Cryo

« Reply #559 on: August 11, 2020, 07:19:06 PM »
which path do I need to pick to make Grimes my cyberfu  :tocry

Human Snorenado

• Stay out of Malibu, Lebowski
  • Icon
« Reply #560 on: August 11, 2020, 07:38:27 PM »

Corpo obvs

yar

El Babua

« Reply #561 on: August 12, 2020, 01:55:05 AM »

Bad compared to what exactly

Pretty much any narrative heavy AAA game released lately, including Witcher 3.

MMaRsu

• Administrator
« Reply #562 on: August 12, 2020, 02:23:12 AM »
You mean the tone and writing isnt mature enough or?
What

kingv

« Reply #563 on: August 12, 2020, 02:52:37 AM »

Corpo obvs

(Image removed from quote.)

# of times I’ve seen this and just realized this dipshit didn’t even inhale

Don Rumata

• Hard To Be A John
« Reply #564 on: August 12, 2020, 03:07:13 AM »
You mean the tone and writing isnt mature enough or?
Both male and female V do have a bit of a grating voice imo, but the game is going for that "ATTITUDE" CyberPunk thing anyway.

El Babua

« Reply #565 on: August 12, 2020, 04:40:57 AM »
^Yeah, the tone is very "B-Movie" style Cyberpunk but I feel a sort of disconnect. Hard to explain honestly.

The acting and dialogue don't sell me as being genuine to what the tone the rest of the game's art, setting and design are telling me. I think it would have clicked with me more if the writing stopped trying to act cool because I can tell it's all written by some lame ass nerds who post on forums.

MMaRsu

• Administrator
« Reply #566 on: September 01, 2020, 01:00:01 PM »
What

kingv

« Reply #567 on: September 01, 2020, 03:14:54 PM »
I love YouTube compression.

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #568 on: September 18, 2020, 03:14:32 PM »

Holy fucking shit this game

Yes Hollie, I will be playing Cyberpunk 2077 on PC  :rejoice :rejoice
🤴

Pissy F Benny

« Reply #569 on: September 18, 2020, 03:39:47 PM »
Who da fudge is holly :hmm
(ice)

Let's Cyber

• Banned (duration pending)
« Reply #570 on: September 18, 2020, 03:59:04 PM »
She used to work at Playstation Access.

Hadn't seen her in a few years until she popped up hosting these Night City Wires.

Don Rumata

• Hard To Be A John
« Reply #571 on: September 19, 2020, 12:18:23 AM »
Those ingame TV commercials and fake website are 100% GTA material, damn.

Anyway, system Req. surprisingly low, i'm happy.
My hobo build enters in the recommended, which is shocking to me (1060 6GB and i5-8400, which is equal to what they ask).
Nice so i don't have to obsess about getting a 3070 immediately, and can plan things out a bit better.

Borealis

« Reply #572 on: September 19, 2020, 02:34:07 AM »
Those ingame TV commercials and fake website are 100% GTA material, damn.

Anyway, system Req. surprisingly low, i'm happy.
My hobo build enters in the recommended, which is shocking to me (1060 6GB and i5-8400, which is equal to what they ask).
Nice so i don't have to obsess about getting a 3070 immediately, and can plan things out a bit better.

Definitely reminds me of the TW3's material that leaned heavily into GTA V marketing vibe, not exactly a bad thing I guess. I wanna see more choice and consequence material tho. 

Don Rumata

• Hard To Be A John
« Reply #573 on: September 19, 2020, 03:20:42 AM »
I'm talking less about the trailer itself, and more about the commercial they showed, like these from GTAV:

etc.

the tone, sarcasm, energy, are very close.
Not saying it as a bad thing, i guess whoever was expecting this to be Blade Runner style of CyberPunk, had plenty of time to get with the program by now.
I'm hyped to explore the world, it seems like they're the only other company that can get on R*'s level of detail/quality.

Let's Cyber

• Banned (duration pending)
« Reply #574 on: September 19, 2020, 01:56:17 PM »
I think they've always been Rockstar fanboys, and that is perfectly ok. You could see a bit of RDR1 DNA in the open world of W3.

Also GTAV has sold like 130+ million copies  :doge, which also explains why they're doing Cyberpunk Online.

Coax

« Reply #575 on: September 20, 2020, 08:03:28 AM »
These new screenshots doing more for me than the videos tbh.

God I hope enough interesting buildings have explorable verticality.

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #576 on: September 20, 2020, 07:10:39 PM »
 :rejoice :drool :aah :whew
🤴

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #577 on: September 21, 2020, 06:06:40 PM »

:whoo
🤴

naff

• someday you feed on a tree frog
« Reply #578 on: September 22, 2020, 08:06:40 AM »
hadn't really watched any of the new content abt this and didn't realise they've done away with eh numbers flying out of enemies rpg shooter approach :rejoice

this interview going through each of the starting classes and detailing the weapons goddamn. this is lookin' fucking amazing
◕‿◕

MMaRsu

• Administrator
« Reply #579 on: September 22, 2020, 12:02:50 PM »
Oh ffs no numbers thank god
What

Pissy F Benny

« Reply #580 on: September 22, 2020, 12:27:55 PM »
but i like numbers they tell me how much ass i'm whipping :fbm
(ice)

naff

« Reply #581 on: September 22, 2020, 06:31:20 PM »
Yeah, it seems like they've done away with level modifying your weapon damage and you "level up" by improving your reload speed, accuracy and other modifiers that make more sense in an arpg. Will this make Cindi mad?  :lol
◕‿◕

naff

« Reply #582 on: September 22, 2020, 07:58:36 PM »
Seems more like a mix of Deus Ex and modern shlooters. You loot crates and carry out missions to roll for weapons of different rareties and classes with "Legendary" weapons being the ultimate pickup. The thing that made me balk a little was when they talked about acquiring legendaries and how there will be "hard decisions" to make when acquiring them and the example was: This key NPC has a legendary weapon, the only way to acquire it is to kill them "This will make for a hard decision because you might really like the character"... Well, idk about you guys but if they're standing between me and an item i want they're as good as dead and this type of "decision making" is lame.

Bringing randomised loot into this kind of game could be good and give it an amount of longevity and push me to try different things dependent on what items i get that are good. can see a lot of people hating on the system too depending on implementation. shlootin can be a controversial practice.

edit: the reason i think it's "lame" is specifically because non-player characters in games are never good enough for me to get so attached i won't kill them for a random buff. i'd only refrain if it locked me out of some content. effectively highlighting how shallow their game really is and a detriment to immersion.
« Last Edit: September 22, 2020, 08:14:21 PM by naff »
◕‿◕

remy

• my hog is small but it is mighty
« Reply #583 on: September 22, 2020, 08:57:14 PM »
Yeah, it seems like they've done away with level modifying your weapon damage and you "level up" by improving your reload speed, accuracy and other modifiers that make more sense in an arpg. Will this make Cindi mad?  :lol
Damage tied to level SUCKS in games where you shoot like borderlands

naff

« Reply #584 on: September 22, 2020, 09:09:21 PM »
yeah, it feels really incongruent with the concept of guns but i'm ok with it. not that different to hacking and slashing with swords and bows and seeing health slowly go down, but for such an arpg live action game i'd rather have gun damage be more realistic. sounds like a huge amount of experimentation has gone into balancing the feel of merging gunplay and roleplay right. imagine there's going to be a bunch of binary thinkers from either camp frustrated by the new systems, but the vast majority will rejoice.
◕‿◕

Don Rumata

• Hard To Be A John
« Reply #585 on: September 23, 2020, 12:02:54 AM »
I'm all for the one-shot-one-kill philosophy, and not just for headshots, one of the reasons why i like tac.shooters more, but yeah in an RPG i don't find it weird.
It's the same with swords, not every game can be Bushido Blade.

The only thing i find annoying in an ARPG is hit chance tied to stats (like Morrowind), both with guns and swords, if the hit connects, it should just connect.

Borealis

« Reply #586 on: September 23, 2020, 05:10:12 AM »

If toned down or totally gone, that sounds even better to me. I guess in an RPG, playing the levelling numbers game to boost damage figures by xyx % etc. is part of the package, likewise for the world's enemies. I find often though, with Ubi's new AssCreeds or whatever games they've dumped Division mechanics into, this being just exhausting. Even worse when they're above/outside some lvl threshold and can then fuck you up like no tomorrow.

It seems so low effort to create these big open singleplayer worlds, only to populate them with different human enemies whose defining characteristic is one in zone A having lvl 3 stats and the other in zone G at lvl 20. No new combat behaviors, tools used against the player, or special attributes, just more dmg output, more health yadda yadda yadda. Recent AC games were a big offender on that front.

Witcher 3's levelling and looting kinda sucked compared to 2 for me, which was ok itself. I'm pretty keen to see where 2077 lands in all this.

Don Rumata

• Hard To Be A John
« Reply #587 on: September 23, 2020, 06:49:04 AM »
It's all in the how it's done.
I think Division 2 remains fun despite the level based gameplay, because the factions have distinct AI routines and behaviour.
AC Odyssey doesn't blend well at all with the level system, because it's obviously calibrated to have you waste as much time as possible, trying to compensate mediocre combat with massive health pools.
The problem is not the mechanic itself, but how it's balanced, like most things.

Svejk

« Reply #588 on: September 23, 2020, 07:59:48 AM »
I'm all for the one-shot-one-kill philosophy, and not just for headshots, one of the reasons why i like tac.shooters more, but yeah in an RPG i don't find it weird.
It's the same with swords, not every game can be Bushido Blade.

The only thing i find annoying in an ARPG is hit chance tied to stats (like Morrowind), both with guns and swords, if the hit connects, it should just connect.
This reminds me of how much I hated Vagrant Story's combat; Swings a sword through a bat.. sparks fly with a slashing sound... Zero points of damage. :doge

naff

« Reply #589 on: September 29, 2020, 06:08:48 PM »
https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2020-09-29/cyberpunk-2077-publisher-orders-6-day-weeks-ahead-of-game-debut

“I take it upon myself to receive the full backlash for the decision,” he wrote. “I know this is in direct opposition to what we’ve said about crunch. It’s also in direct opposition to what I personally grew to believe a while back -- that crunch should never be the answer. But we’ve extended all other possible means of navigating the situation.”

:success

day 1 crunch patch here we come.
◕‿◕

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #590 on: September 29, 2020, 06:19:43 PM »
Finish the fight boys  :salute

Make this the best video game playing video game ever

spoiler (click to show/hide)
Until BOTW2 releases
[close]
🤴

Don Rumata

• Hard To Be A John
« Reply #591 on: September 29, 2020, 06:39:43 PM »
Last time i checked, a week has 7 days.  :mods

Yulwei

« Reply #592 on: September 29, 2020, 06:45:11 PM »
They’ll be fine. Sitting in a clean and comfy room (with heating) for a few extra hours ain’t so bad.  :kermit

naff

« Reply #593 on: September 29, 2020, 07:40:50 PM »
being transparent and apologetic about an expectation of 1 extra day of extra work every week during the final month of dev before the game goes gold does seem kinda fine to me, but maybe i'm just a neolib corporate shill that should be burned on the pyre
◕‿◕

naff

« Reply #594 on: September 29, 2020, 07:42:35 PM »
i am extremely pro unionized workforces, but even if the labour force was entirely unionized i don't think they'd necessarily be against this as it seems like a fairly reasonable decision?
◕‿◕

Stoney Mason

• So Long and thanks for all the fish
« Reply #595 on: September 29, 2020, 08:29:10 PM »
I worked plenty of crunch hours in my game dev years and for the game industry unfortunately I would say its a necessary evil in a lot of cases.

That being said, it says a little about your process when you have to publicly go against a promised stance to your workers for a game that has already been delayed many many times. Perhaps targeting a spring release or a staggered release window instead of cramming to try to hit all these platforms at once with a new console launch just to get all those early adopters. I understand why crunch happens. I also understand that being greedy also causes crunch to happen.

Trent Dole

• the sharpest tool in the shed
« Reply #596 on: September 29, 2020, 08:29:17 PM »
Everyone's getting paid OT which doesn't always happen, it sucks but that's kind of the way it goes when the end of a project approaches. You do service work such as retail etc there's certain prime times where you work a fuck of a lot more. Same as end of your school term you are going harder than normal. :yeshrug
Hi

Svejk

« Reply #597 on: September 30, 2020, 07:57:41 AM »
Currently, I'm going on day 23 (@ 10 hours per) in a row and shows no signs of stopping anytime soon.   
I'm right there with them with superiors breathing down my neck.  Only difference is, they're doing something they, at one point, wanted to do.  :doge

Like Nintex said, Make this the best video game playing video game ever

spoiler (click to show/hide)
until Dragon's Dogma 2  :betty
[close]

naff

« Reply #598 on: September 30, 2020, 08:38:53 AM »
sorry to hear man, that sounds fuckin tough and shitty. hope you have some sick remuneration and a good holiday coming your way soon!
◕‿◕

Svejk

« Reply #599 on: September 30, 2020, 09:33:13 AM »
sorry to hear man, that sounds fuckin tough and shitty. hope you have some sick remuneration and a good holiday coming your way soon!
Thanksgiving technically  :-\ .  I appreciate the response, but it could be much worse...  I could have no job or doing manual labor for less.  I get to work from home and be with my family, so the trade up is worth it.  :)  I'm just glued to my desk all day, everyday lately.