Author Topic: US Politics Thread |OT| THE DARKEST TIMELINE  (Read 2284654 times)

Himu

Re: US Politics Thread |OT| THE DARKEST TIMELINE
« Reply #23400 on: November 14, 2016, 09:20:53 AM »
do you fellas like john oliver? maybe it's me being british but he just comes across as a shrill, bleating charicature of what every hard righter wants to paint every liberal as.

the sort of kid who the kids who were bullied at school took it all out on, and even his own parents knew it was basically his fault for demanding that he kept his books in a briefcase and drank his darjeeling at the teacher's table at lunch.

He's okay. His analogies and comedy are awful but he can be informative depending on the issue.
IYKYK

Raist

• Winner of the Baited Award 2018
« Reply #23401 on: November 14, 2016, 09:22:00 AM »
Rare picture of Oliver back when he was in high school.

spoiler (click to show/hide)
[close]

nudemacusers

« Reply #23402 on: November 14, 2016, 09:49:19 AM »
^ too accurate lmao

Sorry but: 

(Image removed from quote.)

:lol :lol
Still aches  :(
﷽﷽﷽﷽﷽

Bebpo

« Reply #23403 on: November 14, 2016, 11:48:47 AM »
Obviously not ideal, but Pew posted a chart that touches on some of the stuff we've been talking about in terms of the disconnect:

Only one that surprises me is gap between rich and the poor.  Poor folks in the republican camp don't care that they're poor & getting poorer, while the 1% get richer?  With all the economy & jobs talk, would've thought they'd agree wih D on that.  Then again I guess republican leaders tell them it's the immigrants & PoC stealing their jobs and keeping them poor and richer 1%ers have nothing to do with it.

Also considering how strongly Trump's supporters don't seem to give a shit about the 1%/99% gap which includes the banks, it definitely throws a question on if Bernie would've done better since that was essentially his whole platform + free college which Trump voters don't care about either.

agrajag

« Reply #23404 on: November 14, 2016, 11:52:52 AM »
Obviously not ideal, but Pew posted a chart that touches on some of the stuff we've been talking about in terms of the disconnect:

Only one that surprises me is gap between rich and the poor.  Poor folks in the republican camp don't care that they're poor & getting poorer, while the 1% get richer?  With all the economy & jobs talk, would've thought they'd agree wih D on that.  Then again I guess republican leaders tell them it's the immigrants & PoC stealing their jobs and keeping them poor and richer 1%ers have nothing to do with it.

Also considering how strongly Trump's supporters don't seem to give a shit about the 1%/99% gap which includes the banks, it definitely throws a question on if Bernie would've done better since that was essentially his whole platform + free college which Trump voters don't care about either.

They believe the fairy tales about trickle down economics.

Great Rumbler

• Dab on the sinners
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #23405 on: November 14, 2016, 01:08:11 PM »
I'd be more willing to believe that Trump was actually a moderate Republican the whole time if he wasn't exclusively hiring far-right ideologues and sycophantic morons [not mutually exclusive] to be in his administration.
dog

VomKriege

• Do the moron
« Reply #23406 on: November 14, 2016, 01:18:06 PM »
I think Oliver is alright. Just like benji, I think he deserves points for the editorial effort of doing vulgarization exposés on real issues out of the beaten path : as much as I may like other similar shows, they often are just hot takes. His delivery (or joke pool) is pretty shallow though.
But yeah sure, he's part of a slanted media bubble just like most of his colleagues. I wouldn't hold it against them, it's on the audience to keep in mind those are comedians and to diversify their sources.

I'd be more willing to believe that Trump was actually a moderate Republican the whole time if he wasn't exclusively hiring far-right ideologues and sycophantic morons [not mutually exclusive] to be in his administration.

Bannon being surely in and Arpaio or Palin being considered is telling the whole story. A bunch of clowns and harmful ones at that.

Only one that surprises me is gap between rich and the poor.  Poor folks in the republican camp don't care that they're poor & getting poorer, while the 1% get richer?

I suspect it's not so much that they deny the gap in itself, more that they think it is not a problem because it reflects merit.
« Last Edit: November 14, 2016, 01:24:20 PM by VomKriege »
ὕβρις

Am_I_Anonymous

• And I'm pretty sure fuck you (italics implied)
« Reply #23407 on: November 14, 2016, 01:22:24 PM »
Man y'all some terrible losers. Instead of crying over shit none of you can change why don't you start figuring out how to save your corrupt fuckhole party by 2020?

Well unless it's not "PC" to support criminals, then you should just quit. A bunch of dudes up in here with the combined power of a popcorn fart talking shit...smh.
YMMV

Human Snorenado

• Stay out of Malibu, Lebowski
  • Icon
« Reply #23408 on: November 14, 2016, 01:26:10 PM »
We're just supposed to shrug and accept the CEO of Breitbart having an office in the WH and drawing a salary from the taxpayers, but imagine if Obama had ever tried the same thing with Markos Moulitsas.
yar

Himu

« Reply #23409 on: November 14, 2016, 01:26:48 PM »
You mention crying over things we can't change when there's nothing we can do to save the party right now except wait for the DNC pick. pretty much all of us have accepted this.

The fact you consider having Bannon in the White House a win and came here to gloat about things "we can't change" makes me think you're full on coon, Trump vote or no Trump vote. No offense.
IYKYK

Am_I_Anonymous

« Reply #23410 on: November 14, 2016, 01:27:34 PM »
We're just supposed to shrug and accept the CEO of Breitbart having an office in the WH and drawing a salary from the taxpayers, but imagine if Obama had ever tried the same thing with Markos Moulitsas.

Y'all talk too much and do too little. Clinton losing will hopefully motivate you uneducated blobs into actually learning how to fix the system rather than regurgitating the latest CNN bullshit. We can only hope...
YMMV

Himu

« Reply #23411 on: November 14, 2016, 01:30:30 PM »
How do we do too little exactly?

I've changed how I read political news, and I'm trying to get out of my news bubble. I've taken the loss to heart and I'm trying to change my habits.
IYKYK

Himu

« Reply #23412 on: November 14, 2016, 01:46:41 PM »
i'm not sure if aia realizes that the democratic party is at civil war right now. keith ellison for dnc chair.

http://www.salon.com/2016/11/14/robert-reich-why-we-need-a-new-democratic-party-now_partner/
IYKYK

Optimus

• Lieutenant colonel, 26th Hate Machine battalion
« Reply #23413 on: November 14, 2016, 01:47:41 PM »
Re Oliver, it's kind of amusing, given all the talk of how the left ignored rural America throughout the campaign and reaped the consequences, that his "fuck 2016" send off consisted of either urban dwellers or celebrities.

He's completely out of touch just like the rest of the Hollywood/entertainment elite. They have created their own little hugbox and think they're helping their cause by preaching to the population from up there on their high horse. In reality their only make the situation worse and make sure no one takes them seriously outside hardcore liberals.

No introspection, no criticism about his party or himself, nothing, he started with the fearmongering demonizing anyone not in his team in the beginning of the episode and never stopped.

Trump is still gonna be president in 2021 isn't he? Goddamnit.

Joe Molotov

• I'm much more humble than you would understand.
  • Administrator
« Reply #23414 on: November 14, 2016, 01:52:45 PM »
How do we do too little exactly?

I've changed how I read political news, and I'm trying to get out of my news bubble. I've taken the loss to heart and I'm trying to change my habits.

Just pull your party up by it's bootstraps. Give it a hand up, not a hand out.
©@©™

Phoenix Dark

• I got no game it's just some bitches understand my story
« Reply #23415 on: November 14, 2016, 02:02:54 PM »
Here's an idea. Instead of normalizing "both sides are the same" fuckery (i.e. the "bubble" nonsense) or crying over a loss how about you nominate a candidate people actually like in 2020, who isn't dealing with an idiotic scandal of her own design due to not giving a fuck.

I lived through the Bush years. Congrats, we have another republican president who most voters voted against. In fact we still live in a reality where republicans have won the popular vote ONCE since 1992. So stop crying and find another Bill or Obama, i.e. candidates who the base loves and will show up for.

Fuckin babies I swear
:snoop

agrajag

« Reply #23416 on: November 14, 2016, 02:07:39 PM »
John Oliver isn't really saying anything much different than what's frequently posted on this very forum. Only difference is that he's on TV.  :yeshrug

Himu

« Reply #23417 on: November 14, 2016, 02:10:25 PM »
Here's an idea. Instead of normalizing "both sides are the same" fuckery (i.e. the "bubble" nonsense) or crying over a loss how about you nominate a candidate people actually like in 2020, who isn't dealing with an idiotic scandal of her own design due to not giving a fuck.

I lived through the Bush years. Congrats, we have another republican president who most voters voted against. In fact we still live in a reality where republicans have won the popular vote ONCE since 1992. So stop crying and find another Bill or Obama, i.e. candidates who the base loves and will show up for.

Fuckin babies I swear

i'm confused by this post

who is it even targeting?

John Oliver isn't really saying anything much different than what's frequently posted on this very forum. Only difference is that he's on TV.  :yeshrug

the problem is he had a platform and used it to rail on 2016 being a shitty year instead of the political candidate that allowed this loss to happen.
IYKYK

Optimus

« Reply #23418 on: November 14, 2016, 02:12:13 PM »

Fuckin babies I swear

Bill and Obama (along with Republicans of course) are the ones who created this mess. They were both corporate shills who put the foundations for the decimation of the middle class we witness today. And the middle class fought back by electing someone who they thought isn't anything like them. The era of charismatic neoliberal hacks hopefully has ended.

agrajag

« Reply #23419 on: November 14, 2016, 02:14:32 PM »

Fuckin babies I swear

the problem is he had a platform and used it to rail on 2016 being a shitty year instead of the political candidate that allowed this loss to happen.

come on, let's not pin this on Jon Oliver now. It's a comedy show on HBO.

Himu

« Reply #23420 on: November 14, 2016, 02:15:06 PM »

Fuckin babies I swear

Bill and Obama (along with Republicans of course) are the ones who created this mess. They were both corporate shills who put the foundations for the decimation of the middle class we witness today. And the middle class fought back by electing someone who they thought isn't anything like them. The era of charismatic neoliberal hacks hopefully has ended.

i agree except hillary clinton is more culpable for blame than obama or bill especially when her team didn't have the guidance to listen to the counsel of bill clinton on getting some votes.

Fuckin babies I swear

come on, let's not pin this on Jon Oliver now. It's a comedy show on HBO.

pin what on jon oliver? that he had a platform and attacked media coverage of trump without the self awareness that he contributed to it? ("Do it! Do it!") He mentions a bunch of organizations to donate to, which is great and fantastic, but isn't critical of the party that allowed this happen? The party that said this was the biggest election of our lives and completely failed us? His coverage of the media was highly shallow. The Atlantic's story on the matter was more nuanced and brought up more relevant facts as well that the media is completely unprepared for a Trump presidency. He wants us to defeat Trump but glosses over a party and campaign that allowed this to happen? If the Democrats lose one more state they lose the percentage necessary to oppose new constitutional amendments. "This is a crisis, but let's put this entirely on the media, for which I am a part of!"

People like Jon Oliver are part of the problem. They have taken this loss and think the democratic party's actions are fine and everything else to blame. Even if it's not what he thinks, wouldn't you agree that taking this complicated issue and talking about only one aspect of it for nearly 30 minutes is completely irresponsible?
« Last Edit: November 14, 2016, 02:25:26 PM by Queen of Ice »
IYKYK

Optimus

« Reply #23421 on: November 14, 2016, 02:28:32 PM »

Fuckin babies I swear

i agree except hillary clinton is more culpable for blame than obama or bill especially when her team didn't have the guidance to listen to the counsel of bill clinton on getting some votes.

Hillary was playing politics on hard mode anyway and didn't know it. Her name alone was a huge problem for her. The country is sick and tired of these con-artists and their media cheerleaders. Sick and desperate.  That's the main reason, imo, they turned to Trump. There's a video from Trumpland that vividly explains this btw:
(the Trumptards cut the last part where he says "for a day or two" btw)

It it amazing watching the Hollywood and media idiots talk about how great of a president Obama was. They have no idea what's going on. Absolutely none.

agrajag

« Reply #23422 on: November 14, 2016, 02:30:34 PM »
Yeah. But he shouldn't be taken too seriously in the first place. Neither should Maher and other talking heads.

And as much nuance and different sides of the issues as he failed to communicate, actual legit news channels (hello CNN) did a thousand times worse, when they talked about the pussy grab or emails round the clock.

Himu

« Reply #23423 on: November 14, 2016, 02:31:38 PM »
I bet Michael Moore voted for Trump and he will take that to his grave.

Yeah. But he shouldn't be taken too seriously in the first place. Neither should Maher and other talking heads.

And as much nuance and different sides of the issues as he failed to communicate, actual legit news channels (hello CNN) did a thousand times worse, when they talked about the pussy grab or emails round the clock.

I don't disagree.
IYKYK

agrajag

« Reply #23424 on: November 14, 2016, 03:05:44 PM »
I'm telling you guys, Michael Moore is happy as fuck Trump won. He was spelling doom and gloom before the election and now is his chance to be the face of the democratic reform movement. He's basking in the limelight right now. :hans1

he might be a well-meaning guy, I don't know
[close]

agrajag

« Reply #23425 on: November 14, 2016, 03:08:34 PM »
Btw, in the last show Oliver touched on how people are too gullible with fake Facebook memes masquerading as news, even ones that are against Trump. So at least there's that.

I also agree with Dufus and PD that people should chill out a little with the doom and gloom for the democratic party. Pundits and forumites alike have been spelling doom for the GOP for many election cycles now. Calling for them to reform, if they don't change their ways. Make no mistakes, whatever it is that's rotting the dems from the inside out isn't any better with them. Yet look at them now. Did they change to become more inclusive like everyone said they should for them to be relevant? No, they just doubled down on their awful policies.

Trump is a phenomena that is hard to explain and there are no easy answers. That plus Hillary being a weak candidate that no one could get excited about created a perfect storm of events. Historians will be talking about this election cycle for decades.

But yes, the democrats need to rethink a lot of things and drain their swamp. :doge
« Last Edit: November 14, 2016, 03:13:34 PM by agrajag »

Himu

« Reply #23426 on: November 14, 2016, 03:10:05 PM »
a co-worker told me last night at work that trump was going to cut 500k jobs from the department of education. i had to go to snopes to see if it was legitimate.

where did he find it? fucking facebook.
IYKYK

Cerveza mas fina

• I don't care for Islam tbqh
  • filler
« Reply #23427 on: November 14, 2016, 03:13:02 PM »
Hillary ran a decent campaign, lets not retcon this. She won the majority of votes as proof.

Too bad she or her staff were playing checkers while Trump played chess and won states and electoral votes.

No need really to re ANAL yze her whole effort, just look at these few key lost states.

agrajag

« Reply #23428 on: November 14, 2016, 03:15:00 PM »
a co-worker told me last night at work that trump was going to cut 500k jobs from the department of education. i had to go to snopes to see if it was legitimate.

where did he find it? fucking facebook.

A friend of mine posted some link about Dvid Rockefeller getting his 7th heart transplant the other day. I clicked on the link and it was full of illuminati nonsense

Himu

« Reply #23429 on: November 14, 2016, 03:17:22 PM »
Hillary ran a decent campaign, lets not retcon this. She won the majority of votes as proof.

Too bad she or her staff were playing checkers while Trump played chess and won states and electoral votes.

No need really to re ANAL yze her whole effort, just look at these few key lost states.

She never went to Wisconsin and didn't consider Michigan even though she lost the state to Sanders. In August it felt like she disappeared from the election entirely while Donald Trump was still ramping momentum. Her campaign sucked. I agree with Dufus surprisingly. 2004 was the first election I was ever allowed to vote in and it really reminded me of 2004 where the only reason I was behind the candidate was because they weren't the opposite side. Kerry never resonated with me in a real way. Not like how Dean did, and the only reason I went along with it was to defend my party line.
IYKYK

Joe Molotov

• Administrator
« Reply #23430 on: November 14, 2016, 03:18:08 PM »
©@©™

Cerveza mas fina

• I don't care for Islam tbqh
  • filler
« Reply #23431 on: November 14, 2016, 03:19:55 PM »

She never went to Wisconsin and didn't consider Michigan even though she lost the state to Sanders. Her campaign sucked. I agree with Dufus surprisingly. 2004 was the first election I was ever allowed to vote in and it really reminded me of 2004 where the only reason I was behind the candidate was because they weren't the opposite side. Kerry never resonated with me in a real way. Not like how Dean did, and the only reason I went along with it was to defend my party line.

she didnt even go to wisconsin?  :lol

i take my words back

Himu

« Reply #23432 on: November 14, 2016, 03:24:51 PM »

She never went to Wisconsin and didn't consider Michigan even though she lost the state to Sanders. Her campaign sucked. I agree with Dufus surprisingly. 2004 was the first election I was ever allowed to vote in and it really reminded me of 2004 where the only reason I was behind the candidate was because they weren't the opposite side. Kerry never resonated with me in a real way. Not like how Dean did, and the only reason I went along with it was to defend my party line.

she didnt even go to wisconsin?  :lol

i take my words back

Have you not read this?

http://www.salon.com/2016/11/09/the-hillary-clinton-campaign-intentionally-created-donald-trump-with-its-pied-piper-strategy/

Hillary Clinton ran a campaign promising that she was doing so for an equal America where racial minorities, women, and lgbt people would be a part of the process. It was the most diverse election campaign ever conceived I believe. All this while her campaign deliberately attempted to make Trump's far right rhetoric normal  in order to make an easy win in the general.

Fuck Hillary Cllinton and fuck the DNC.

I see Democrats defending both. Hillary's campaign continues to only blame Comey.

IYKYK

VomKriege

• Do the moron
« Reply #23433 on: November 14, 2016, 03:26:23 PM »

Fuckin babies I swear

But isn't the problem that the Dems rely on fielding a charismatic candidate to win (and to win only the White House, mostly, since they lost a ton a offices in the last 6 years) ?
Finding a charismatic candidate is easier said than done, otherwise parties (and their militants who vote in primaries !) would field just that instead of Kerry, McCain, Romney or Clinton... It's basically reducing politics to luck of the draw or rolling a dice. Obama emerged as a contender fairly close to the primary cycle, didn't he ?

The real problem of the Democrats is that they rely on a "coalition" (a base) that need to come out in large numbers where it matters and can't be trusted to, it seems. They are confident that the demographic shift will favor them, but it's a future solution, not one for right now (and that's betting on keeping a strong hold on future latino votes). They need to widen their base and appeal to other demographics : they don't need to "win" those, just shifting a few points in their favor will do. It is also my understanding that for many offices in deep red land, Republicans run unopposed and that sound like madness to me.

In the immediate future, it doesn't make a lot of sense to pick theorical candidates for 2020 (we saw all the good a so called "deep bench" had in the GOP primaries...), Dems will have to focus on rebuilding on the ground and must mobilize around concrete issues like defending the ACA if needed.

Not a US citizen, please disregard if wrong. :yeshrug
ὕβρις

agrajag

« Reply #23434 on: November 14, 2016, 03:29:02 PM »
Most of the original colonists and pilgrims came here in their adulthood from another country.

The name of that country?
Great Brittain  :gbcry
[close]

Himu

« Reply #23435 on: November 14, 2016, 03:32:42 PM »
Democrats going with another establishment pick would very well force the base to stay home again.

Democrats have a userbase problem. This userbase doesn't come out to vote during mid-terms and they didn't come out to vote this election. 6 million democrats stayed home this election. But apparently we need to concentrate on finding the next Obama or Clinton. :snoop Democrats first call to action, besides gaining a more progressive DNC chair, should be to find out why their base doesn't come out to mid-terms and how to win elections.
IYKYK

Phoenix Dark

« Reply #23436 on: November 14, 2016, 03:35:59 PM »
Nah if anything it reinforces that you need a strong candidate who can hold the coalitions together. The party is what it is, it's not going to stop being a coalition in four years. The goal is to unify it as best as you can, because if it's unified then you have a really good shot at winning.

Do you need a perfect candidate like Obama? No. But they can sure as hell do better than Hillary Clinton next time.

And in terms of midterms...that's a separate issue. The problem is less so gerrymandering and moreso the reality that minority/dem leaning voters tend to pile up in cities, and whiter/GOP leaning voters tend to be everywhere else. 2010 was going to be a bloodbath for democrats regardless due to the economy, and 2014 featured democrats running away from Obama+dealing with ebola and ISIS scares.

I'm just tired of hearing all this "democrats need xyz" shit that misses the fucking point. Hillary lost because she couldn't hold blue states. Because she took them for granted and didn't campaign hard enough there, and because she spent a year lying about TPP to rust belt voters. My views on trade have been expressed, I agree NAFTA is a scapegoat, etc. But when you call TPP the "gold standard" and then try to act like you're against it now...that's hard to get away with brehs. And it hurt her. The same way her Iraq war vote hurt her in 08 against Obama. You've got to be right the first time...sometimes. And she just wasn't, on too many issues.

seagrams hotsauce

« Reply #23437 on: November 14, 2016, 03:36:04 PM »
do you fellas like john oliver? maybe it's me being british but he just comes across as a shrill, bleating charicature of what every hard righter wants to paint every liberal as.

He's got about two decades of work to do before he takes that crown from Maher

Van Cruncheon

• live mas or die trying
  • Banned
« Reply #23438 on: November 14, 2016, 03:38:53 PM »
kurt eichenwald curbstomps bernie bros: http://www.newsweek.com/myths-cost-democrats-presidential-election-521044

mandark: vindicated
gaf: annihilated
duc

Himu

« Reply #23439 on: November 14, 2016, 03:42:01 PM »
democrats need xyz because they lost a crucial election and now no one trusts them worth shit anymore. Who is the party even for now? The messaging is all over the place. The democrats need xyz because you're concentrating only on hillary's defeat because she took blue states for granted when under the Obama administration they lost over 900 state legislature seats, and now control only 13 state legislatures. thinking this was only a problem with the hillary campaign on not the party in general is foolish and is damning us to repeat 2016 in 2020.
IYKYK

Van Cruncheon

• live mas or die trying
  • Banned
« Reply #23440 on: November 14, 2016, 03:45:12 PM »
basically, america is electorally racist and bigoted as fuck. i'm beyond the bullshit economic handwringing that makes white democrats feel better. nah, kids, a significant percentage of electoral votes are potentially controlled by people who hate baggy pants and taco trucks and musicals.

buh buh buh 2008 obama! yeah, 4 years and mitt romney ago. this time around, the obama support didn't even bother to show, because false equivalency and who cares about minorities
« Last Edit: November 14, 2016, 03:49:55 PM by Van Cruncheon »
duc

Himu

« Reply #23441 on: November 14, 2016, 03:50:30 PM »
I think limiting this loss to just America being racist is going to come bite us in the ass. Certainly older democrats refuse to make Clinton administration culpable. Bernie lost to Hillary but the DNC leaks certainly didn't help matters. If Bernie was going to lose just let him lose. Don't meddle. It certainly doesn't help the argument that the election is rigged by Donald Trump when it's leaked that the DNC only made one candidate reasonably backable.

That Newsweek article is written by a hard line Democrat defending his party and his candidate to extreme fervor.

Mandark didn't win shit. Come on. :lol He even admitted this!
IYKYK

Van Cruncheon

• live mas or die trying
  • Banned
« Reply #23442 on: November 14, 2016, 03:53:39 PM »
did you READ the article? bernie was fuckin' unelectable. the media woulda ripped his old ass apart with the bones in his closets.

9.5 words: "i like trump because he says what we're thinkin'." that was the refrain EVERYWHERE.
duc

Van Cruncheon

• live mas or die trying
  • Banned
« Reply #23443 on: November 14, 2016, 03:57:18 PM »
mandark certainly beat ME. i was the one who reneged on the racism assumption and got sucked in by the entirely anecdotal rust belt economic narratives. i got fuck pwn3d, fam.
duc

agrajag

« Reply #23444 on: November 14, 2016, 03:57:32 PM »
GAF is only Bernie land with hindsight. Bernie bros was one of the most reviled groups on GAF before she lost.

Himu

« Reply #23445 on: November 14, 2016, 03:58:26 PM »
I'm not sure if Bernie being unelectable is true or not. He won the very states that made Hillary lose. Certainly he lost the candidacy, but I don't think those emails helped at all.

The media tore Donald Trump apart and it didn't matter an iota. He still won.

That article is awful. Those are the only myths from this election? Why the Bernie focus?

The article is brimming with liberal smug.
IYKYK

Joe Molotov

• Administrator
« Reply #23446 on: November 14, 2016, 04:00:03 PM »
Everybody is an expert now on how Hillary/the DNC messed everything up. Just like everyone was an expert beforehand on how Trump had no path to victory.
©@©™

Himu

« Reply #23447 on: November 14, 2016, 04:01:23 PM »
Everybody is an expert now on how Hillary/the DNC messed everything up. Just like everyone was an expert beforehand on how Trump had no path to victory.

I dunno. It's not hard for a lay person to understand that she lost the rust belt, didn't bother to campaign there in a meaningful way even though she lost Michigan, and didn't do polling until the last minute.
IYKYK

Phoenix Dark

« Reply #23448 on: November 14, 2016, 04:02:32 PM »
Minorities came out hard in PA/Philly. The problem is that Hillary spend nearly all of her time in Philly and Pittsburgh instead of branching out to whiter areas. Are some of those voters racist? Sure yea. But many of them in MI/WI/PA voted for Obama twice yet didn't vote for Hillary. It's hard to win over voters if you laugh off the mere idea of campaigning for them...

Speaking of which
http://neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=224449500&postcount=93

Am_I_Anonymous

« Reply #23449 on: November 14, 2016, 04:02:45 PM »
PD once again showing how poli-bore makes poli-GAF look well composed :umad
YMMV

Joe Molotov

• Administrator
« Reply #23450 on: November 14, 2016, 04:04:36 PM »

Well now we know about what went on behind the scenes with the Hillary campaign etc and that makes it easier to analyse the election results. :yeshrug

We knew she wasn't campaigning in Wisconsin before Election Day, you could look at her scheduled speeches.
©@©™

Himu

« Reply #23451 on: November 14, 2016, 04:04:55 PM »
Minorities came out hard in PA/Philly. The problem is that Hillary spend nearly all of her time in Philly and Pittsburgh instead of branching out to whiter areas. Are some of those voters racist? Sure yea. But many of them in MI/WI/PA voted for Obama twice yet didn't vote for Hillary. It's hard to win over voters if you laugh off the mere idea of campaigning for them...

Speaking of which
http://neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=224449500&postcount=93

Hillary's campaign schedule is disgusting. She had it set up so she could go home and sleep in her bed every night. Fuck Hillary Clinton.
IYKYK

Am_I_Anonymous

« Reply #23452 on: November 14, 2016, 04:11:08 PM »
It's funny.

Trump did and made some really stupid things during the run up to the election. Nobody talks about them

Hilary was caught showing her age (woozy dropping) and couldn't escape the FBI. 

Nobody likes Hilary. She's the opposite of Bill. She's probably done with politics so at least we have that going for us.

Also when you say "Sure but America voted clinton"

No your resource suckling population centers did. The ones who actually feed/house/employ you voted trump and they are much more valuable to our future. The fucking election map looks like a Verizon advertisement.

Oh yet and yet it's the peaceful liberals beating the shit out of Americans right now. Good look brehs.

Take your L bore. It's better for the country in the short term and better for your party moving forward  if we finally can shed the Bush/Clinton idiocy.
YMMV

Phoenix Dark

« Reply #23453 on: November 14, 2016, 04:17:21 PM »
It's funny.

Trump did and made some really stupid things during the run up to the election. Nobody talks about them

Nobody likes Hilary. She's the opposite of Bill. She's probably done with politics so at least we have that going for us.

No your resource suckling population centers did. The ones who actually feed/house/employ you voted trump and they are much more valuable to our future. The fucking election map looks like a Verizon advertisement.

Oh yet and yet it's the peaceful liberals beating the shit out of Americans right now. Good look brehs.

Take your L bore. It's better for the country in the short term and better for your party moving forward  if we finally can shed the Bush/Clinton idiocy.

What the hell are you talking about bro.
You are familiar with this state called California that currently feeds most of the United States and has the 6th largest economy in the world. That's where much of Clinton's pop vote margin will come from, and votes are still being counted there.

Am_I_Anonymous

« Reply #23454 on: November 14, 2016, 04:18:18 PM »
No your resource suckling population centers did. The ones who actually feed/house/employ you voted trump and they are much more valuable to our future.

So all the takers voted for Clinton and the all makers voted for Trump.

That's a very nuanced take on the election results breh.

But seriously how much Fox News have you been watching lately.

Well I don't have much time because I'm still searching for something made in NYC, Seattle, and Miami that this country requires in order to survive. I'll brb.
YMMV

Am_I_Anonymous

« Reply #23455 on: November 14, 2016, 04:19:44 PM »
It's funny.

What the hell are you talking about bro.
You are familiar with this state called California that currently feeds most of the United States and has the 6th largest economy in the world. That's where much of Clinton's pop vote margin will come from, and votes are still being counted there.

So we are counting IOU's as tangible property then?

Don't try this college intellectual lazy bullshit. It's beneath you
YMMV

Himu

« Reply #23456 on: November 14, 2016, 04:20:06 PM »
Let's ignore Houston and California. Some great rationalization there. Houston has the largest medical center in the world and a mass amount of the energy business is here. We vote blue.

Obama threw Clinton and the DNC under the goddamn bus. Good. :aah bububu racism won bububu
IYKYK

Tasty

« Reply #23457 on: November 14, 2016, 04:21:05 PM »

Am_I_Anonymous

« Reply #23458 on: November 14, 2016, 04:22:37 PM »
Surprised to see you here Tasty. Don't you have some Trump supporters to molest or something? Gotta toe that company line bro.
YMMV

Am_I_Anonymous

« Reply #23459 on: November 14, 2016, 04:23:27 PM »
Let's ignore Houston and California. Some great rationalization there. Houston has the largest medical center in the world and a mass amount of the energy business is here. We vote blue.

Obama threw Clinton and the DNC under the goddamn bus. Good. :aah bububu racism won bububu

Ha ha you smashed your own agenda with your last sentence. I mean Obama don't even like the bitch, clearly.
YMMV