Author Topic: Game  (Read 373333 times)

Eel O'Brian

• Southern Permasexual
I'm just trying to download a BF4 patch
sup

Eel O'Brian

• Southern Permasexual
At the height of the Steam sale, I was still getting pretty awesome DL speeds.  This shit is just Sony being Sony, ill-prepared for anything and everything.  A simple fucking PSN sale can bring their shit to its knees at kbps speeds. And people are getting excited for streaming games on Playstation Now?

:heh
sup

Rufus

• 🙈🙉🙊
I don't think they're going to use the same servers for that. But I fully expect them to cheap out on them, too, so I guess you're right in the end. :shaq2

Olivia Wilde Homo

• Proud Kinkshamer
Looks like Amazon will get some PS4s in on January 22nd.  You can pre-order one now if you want.  I just did.

Thought about getting Ass Crud 4.  Is that game good?  Never played an Assassins Creed game before.
« Last Edit: January 15, 2014, 07:16:37 AM by Mary Tyler Whore »
🍆🍆

Eel O'Brian

• Southern Permasexual
It's pretty good!
sup

Cerveza mas fina

• I don't care for Islam tbqh
  • filler
Ass Creed games are extremely mediocre.

If you want one big fetch quest with mediocre combat, automated platforming and a stupid story then it might be up your alley.

Best thing about them is the setting.

duckman2000

• A lot of shit pisses me off
I caved.  :'(

Amazon (UK) customer service licks ass, though. Fucker insisted that my bundle had entered the dispatch process, only to email me two days after saying they are expecting stock back in two weeks from now. SimplyGames, on the other hand, shipped out a bundle 10 minutes after I ordered.

Olivia Wilde Homo

• Proud Kinkshamer
Amazon shipped it to me today.  Greatness awaits!
🍆🍆

Mupepe

• Icon
I keep seeing ps4's at my local target off and on and fuck I have been tempted. Goddamn new gadget fever

Cerveza mas fina

• filler
PS+ is such a genius stroke from Sony.

I already have 2 PS4 games for free, by the time my PS+ sub ends in September I will have 10 games for PS4 without even having one yet.

:rejoice

Olivia Wilde Homo

• Proud Kinkshamer
I keep seeing ps4's at my local target off and on and fuck I have been tempted. Goddamn new gadget fever

Don't fight it, embrace it :rejoice
🍆🍆

Himu

Wait till Infamous.
IYKYK

Bildi

• AKA Bildo
Judging by the length of the PS4 and Xbone threads, I'm guessing this is no longer a Xbox-centric community. :lol

I've been playing the crap out of AC4, first AC I've played since getting bored part way through AC2.  Kind of glad I skipped all those ACs, makes AC4 feel a little fresh.

Mostly it's good, but they really could halve the volume of chests or ditch them completely.  Bit of a grind for completionists.

Bebpo

I'd recommend you don't bother getting all the chests/fragments in the Uncharted islands spread around the map.  Waste of time since you have to swim out from your boat and back to it and there's not even a trophy for it!  All the islands are just the same copy paste and they don't unlock anything.

Bildi

• AKA Bildo
Yeah, I just finished getting all the uncharted stuff but it was a chore after the first few.  Not sure why I bother other than a sense of completion.

The Animus fragments are OK since at least it's vaguely interesting to reach some of them, but the chests are a really tired staple.

duckman2000

Really like the UI. Actually, the whole system is just plain slick.

Olivia Wilde Homo

• Proud Kinkshamer
I got it yesterday and I like it so far.  Played a little bit of Ass Creed 4 and played a BRD on it to see how that went.  Need to get a PS+ account set up again.
🍆🍆

Bildi

• AKA Bildo
360 is great but gawd it takes ages to start up.  PS4 is so zippy.

Pity it can't play USB media yet.  >:(

duckman2000

Oh my god Killzone is so boring. It's like they looked at Far Cry 3 and Halo 4 and said "that" and then totally missed what made those games special in the first place. Makes for a nice vision of what real developers will be able to do (it's pretty and runs real well), but these fuckers really can't craft an exciting scenario for the lives of them. I think maybe they just need a new producer. Oh well, it's less bad than PDZ at least.

G The Resurrected

Oh march why you take so long... You guys are in for a treat

MyNameIsMethodis

• QUIT
  • Ebola Carrier
weres the games sony
USA

Cerveza mas fina

• filler
Oh my god Killzone is so boring. It's like they looked at Far Cry 3 and Halo 4 and said "that" and then totally missed what made those games special in the first place. Makes for a nice vision of what real developers will be able to do (it's pretty and runs real well), but these fuckers really can't craft an exciting scenario for the lives of them. I think maybe they just need a new producer. Oh well, it's less bad than PDZ at least.

Maybe the problem is halo 4 and kz3 are shit too?

Groogrux

• Unofficial Bore Prude
You guys need to pick up Tomb Raider DE.  Shit is beautiful and makes people like me who only bought BF4 that their investment was worth it.
WTF

duckman2000

Maybe the problem is halo 4 and kz3 are shit too?

:ufup

Nice shit post there, shitman

Olivia Wilde Homo

• Proud Kinkshamer
Resogun is a pretty good game even though I thought using the right stick to shoot was a little odd.  It's a free game on PS+ and would be worth the $15 if you're not a subscriber.  I'm hoping the PS+ on PS4 is as good as it is on the Vita.  Probably not but I'm hoping Sony has a lot of good deals to justify $50 a year.
🍆🍆

duckman2000

So this headphone out port on the controller is a fucking brilliant thing.  :lawd

benjipwns

• your bright ideas always burn me
So this headphone out port on the controller is a fucking brilliant thing.  :lawd
:bow 3DO :bow2
:bow Trip Hawkins :bow2

chronovore

• relapsed dev

Yeah, I wish the 360 controllers had a headphone/headset jack, instead of just the headset one. It's amazing that there isn't a more elegant solution based around the wireless controller. Hell, I've even considered getting a Roku TV gadget, because of the headphone/remote control combo.

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
Ono with more Ultra Street Fighter IV trolling. 

ウル4のβロケテストのご意見は、ドンドン公式 綾野blogへポストして頂ければ拝読させて頂きます。先週末は皆さん、有難うございました。Thanks for test playing USF4 at location-test!
(Image removed from quote.)

I wonder why they don't just come out and confirm that it's coming to PS4 already?
ど助平

Bildi

• AKA Bildo
You guys need to pick up Tomb Raider DE.  Shit is beautiful and makes people like me who only bought BF4 that their investment was worth it.

I would do if I hadn't picked it up on the 360 six months ago.  >:(

And I've only played an hour of it.   ::)

demi

• cooler than willco
  • Administrator

Lol. We all played it already. And it didn't cost us $400+
fat

I finally saw a PS4 at a store today. Still no interest in buying one, though.
野球

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator

I hate that the PS4 isn't backwards compatible.  Yeah, yeah, PS Now, I know, I know.

I'd be playing the shit out of my PS4 if it played PS3 games and streamed them to the Vita. 

:-\
ど助平

Sho Nuff

• o/~ TOUCH ME AND I'LL BREAK YOUR FACE o/~

I hate that the PS4 isn't backwards compatible.  Yeah, yeah, PS Now, I know, I know.

I'd be playing the shit out of my PS4 if it played PS3 games and streamed them to the Vita. 

:-\

Kutaragi was a loon, but I loved how he insisted the Playstation DNA required you to be able to play all your old games. When they took that out of the PS3 I was heartbroken. I would have bought a PS4 at launch if it had that capability. I guess I'm the rare breed who still plays old games and doesn't sell them :(

Shaka Khan

• Leather Jihadist
PS4 with BC would be a no-brainer, day-1 purchase for me. But with how things played out? barring any surprise hits, I'll probably pick one sometime next year.
Unzip

Bebpo

That's what you say until the first Gundam game is released on it a few months after Jpn launch :P

tiesto

• ルカルカ★ナイトフィーバー

Same here, although Tomb Raider is the first game I'd have even the slightest interest in picking up (never played the other versions).
^_^

That's what you say until the first Gundam game is released on it a few months after Jpn launch :P

Well yeah. I've made that clear in the past.

PS3 still has Missing Link coming, so I bet that Gundam PS4 game is gonna be a Fall/Holiday 2014 release.
« Last Edit: February 11, 2014, 04:32:44 PM by Mr. Gundam »
野球

cool breeze

the japan playstation store is partially up.  there's a strider demo, final fantasy 14 beta, and animu mahjong game~!

demi

• cooler than willco
  • Administrator

Same here, although Tomb Raider is the first game I'd have even the slightest interest in picking up (never played the other versions).

Just play it on your Xbox or PS3. It was on PS+ just the other day. Or is that Europe.
fat

Mupepe

• Icon
So first thoughts: I'm not really fond of the UI. It's better than the ps3 but I just don't like it.

Updates were really fast. The controller feels good. The console looks gorgeous and is so damn lightweight. I love that

Mupepe

• Icon
First issue. I think I am an idiot. No I know am. I can't figure out how to put a disc in. Google here I come

Mupepe

• Icon
Got it. He left the FIFA disc in and I couldn't find the eject button. AC time!

Mupepe

• Icon
AC is AC   Bleh

Mupepe

• Icon
Goddamn. Image quality is fucking great on this console

Mupepe

• Icon
Anyone else playing the ff IV beta? I'm downloading it now. So kawaii

mjemirzian

I'm waiting for infamous to dust off my PS4. :P

Bebpo

Anyone else playing the ff IV beta? I'm downloading it now. So kawaii

I heard you have to jump through like 10 hoops to get to actually playing...don't think I have the patience to set it all up.  Otherwise would like to give it a shot since all the FF fans say the story and world exploration is an excellent FF and that you can solo it and play it like a single player FF for most of it.

Himu

Yeah I hear a lot if great things about 14 from FF buddies. Looking forward to getting a ps4 and aging with you Mups :heartbeat what games you got
IYKYK

G The Resurrected

Mups add me bzchanboy if you haven't already. I've been playing FF14 off and on pc, but I wanted an excuse to try the PS4 beta.

Mupepe

• Icon
Yeah I hear a lot if great things about 14 from FF buddies. Looking forward to getting a ps4 and aging with you Mups :heartbeat what games you got
FIFA, bf4, ghosts and ass crud

g, I'll add you tonight

Olivia Wilde Homo

• Proud Kinkshamer
You should get a PS+ subscription and download Resogun for free.  I'm finding that it is the only PS4 game I'm playing.  The game is fun but can be really frustrating at times.
🍆🍆

duckman2000

For as crud as KZSF (SP) is, it's actually better than the remarkably shitty shit that is COD Ghosts. :/ People complain that it's the same old, but it's not. The old was good, this... it's just shit.

Mupepe

• Icon
You should get a PS+ subscription and download Resogun for free.  I'm finding that it is the only PS4 game I'm playing.  The game is fun but can be really frustrating at times.
well my friend had bought a whole year of ps+ so instead of it going to waste I'm using his account. I don't have any real ties to my old psn account. So resogun is on there. I was telling me I need to play it too. He also bought digital Lego marvels so I have that too. Woot woot

For as crud as KZSF (SP) is, it's actually better than the remarkably shitty shit that is COD Ghosts. :/ People complain that it's the same old, but it's not. The old was good, this... it's just shit.
yeah I played like 45 minutes of ghosts last night and fuck me thats some boring shit. I haven't cared for a COD since MW2 though

duckman2000

KZ feels like an unfinished mess (though MP has grown on me a bit), but at least it's pretty, Ghost basically has nothing going for it.

Mupepe

• Icon
Is it even worth game flying it?

AdmiralViscen

• Murdered in the digital realm
KZ multiplayer is fun

I also have BF4/Rivals/Resogun, and FF14 demo

Viscen

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
Is BF4 worth getting?  I keep reading that the game has so many technical problems still.
ど助平

Mupepe

• Icon
I dont have much experience with it on the ps4, but on the 360 and x1 there is still some hit detection and rubber banding issues and outside of a rare crash its stable. Definitely playable now

Eel O'Brian

• Southern Permasexual
Aside from rubberbanding in a few maps, and the occasional crash since the new patch, it's no longer the misery to play it was at launch
sup