Author Topic: Yet another GAF thread - I still haven't got over it :( (No spergfits allowed)  (Read 4210323 times)

Himu

Did Benji just imply that an ape is a brown person?

*files nails*
IYKYK

If it's so much work Evilore should just outsource the modding then. Get a warehouse of brown people to do it for like three cents a day.
(Image removed from quote.)

Haha, very funny jackass. But get your facts straight: I don't get three cents a day.

nudemacusers

If Mac became a mod, he would be instantly less fun. It is written. Don't pursue the red name, Mac. You'd likely start posting less at the bore too. The people who become mods always do. If they offer a mod position, please turn it down!!!

If you think you'll have free reign as a mod like you do now, you are sorely mistaken. :(
it is my suspicion that steve's response lacked a full commitment to sincerity.

i don't really want to be a mod anyway, shit's beneath me

spoiler (click to show/hide)
pua negging
[close]
﷽﷽﷽﷽﷽

Himu

That's my man. :tocry
IYKYK

Dennis

Do mods have like a schedule and area of focus?

As in "OK, Steve you and Kabouter do Gaming this morning and Bish takes care of Off-topic until noon"

Or do you just fuck around reading whatever threads you want and moderate whatever you feel like?

I seem to notice some mods more active in Off-topic than others but that could just be because of their interests.

Himu

I think most of them concentrate on specific threads. Evi-san seems to create mods for their specific interests so that they can hold down their areas. Like for cornballer is in tv threads so he mods those. Aeana in jrpg and rpg threads in general so she mods those. And then they fill in gaps by paying attention to any new thread, its activity, and whether or not a bomb will go off.

Edit: fucking phone.
« Last Edit: July 16, 2014, 01:38:38 PM by Formerly Known As Himuro »
IYKYK

benjipwns

• your bright ideas always burn me
Haha, very funny jackass. But get your facts straight: I don't get three cents a day.

nudemacusers

how much would it cost to get my own personal moderator?
﷽﷽﷽﷽﷽

Himu

3.99 for five days. Don't forget to be nice and rewind.
IYKYK

Dennis

I think most of them concentrate on specific threads. Evi-san seems to create mods for their specific interests so that they can hold down their areas. Like for cornballer is in tv threads so he mods those. Aeana in jrpg and rpg threads in general so she mods those. And then they fill in gaps by paying attention to any new thread, its activity, and whether or not a bomb will go off.

Definitely see

Aeana in (J)RPG threads
Cornballer in TV threads
Nirolak in Gaming News threads
bishoptl in Race threads
Stumpokapow, Opiate, besada, Cyan, charlequin and Mumei in Social Justice threads
duckroll in anime threads
Kagari in Final Fantasy threads
EatChildren in Mass Effect perv threads
Wes in Football threads
Kabouter in Paradox games threads
ThoseDeafMutes in Real GAF and Fake GAF threads
Minsc in Baldur's Gate 2-type threads
Teknopathetic in about one thread per month

Then you got most of the others that to my mind are more general
« Last Edit: July 16, 2014, 01:59:57 PM by Dennis »

how much would it cost to get my own personal moderator?

women get a society of them for free

king of the internet

• 🚽

Definitely see

Aeana in (J)RPG threads
Cornballer in TV threads
Nirolak in Gaming News threads
bishoptl in Race threads
Stumpakow, Opiate, besada, Cyan, charlequin and Mumei in Social Justice threads
duckroll in anime threads
Kagari in Final Fantasy threads
EatChildren in Mass Effect perv threads
Wes in Football threads
Kabouter in Paradox games threads
ThoseDeafMutes in Real GAF and Fake GAF threads

The social justice crew is disproportionate to the rest. Interesting that they have more enforcers in that subject than the rest. I'm not saying there's an agenda but it's very curious.

Kabouter

As in "OK, Steve you and Kabouter do Gaming this morning and Bish takes care of Off-topic until noon"

Or do you just fuck around reading whatever threads you want and moderate whatever you feel like?

I seem to notice some mods more active in Off-topic than others but that could just be because of their interests.

Basically being a mod is just browsing as normal, except if someone is being a dick, you ban them. For me, that means I don't ban a lot compared to most others. As you may imagine, debates about the Treaty of Tordesillas and how it should be reflected in video games tend not to spiral out of control very often.

Dennis

Basically being a mod is just browsing as normal, except if someone is being a dick, you ban them. For me, that means I don't ban a lot compared to most others. As you may imagine, debates about the Treaty of Tordesillas and how it should be reflected in video games tend not to spiral out of control very often.

Whenever I see you around I make sure not to talk shit about the Dutch Republic.

Kabouter

Whenever I see you around I make sure not to talk shit about the Dutch Republic.

I figured that was just as thanks for usually backing you against the Swedes in wars.

nudemacusers

fuck the dutch real talk
﷽﷽﷽﷽﷽

Steve Contra

• Bought a lemon tree straight cash
fuck the dutch real talk
Dutch girls though :lawd speaking of cactivities
vin

Momo

• Nebuchadnezzar
The dutch gave us the absolute most beautiful form of football :rejoice

Kara

• It was all going to be very admirable and noble and it would show us - philosophically - what it means to be human.
They're also a pernicious international tax haven.

Rufus

• 🙈🙉🙊
United Europe. Sigh. :fbm

Rufus

• 🙈🙉🙊
What. Fucking Denmark would be better off alone? :beli

parallax

Dennis

Gypsy thread detected.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=856462

Watch out my European brothers.

Has there ever been a GAF gypsy thread without bans? I doubt it.

Kara

• It was all going to be very admirable and noble and it would show us - philosophically - what it means to be human.
I was going to make a snide Manuel Noriega comment but benji already made it for me in the OP. :mynicca

Kara

Rufus

• 🙈🙉🙊
Gypsy thread detected.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=856462

Watch out my European brothers.

Has there ever been a GAF gypsy thread without bans? I doubt it.

besada

We go where we will and ban who we like.  I'm mostly in race/sex/gender topics because no one else wants to do it, and if we don't do it people complain.  Of course, they complain when we do, too.  That's the thing I learned first.

I'm mostly in OT with occasional forays into gaming.  Oh, and I can't count the number of times you guys got people banned on GAF.

Shit, did you guys say Gypsy thread?

so we were the shadow mod all along

:ohhh

When you wake up, do you scroll through the previous day's @neogafshitposts in your robe while sipping coffee?

Shadow Mod

• It was Tuesday

nudemacusers

nobody is really funny anymore, just shitty.

i make some lols and i'm branded as a joke character and exiled from the community  :'(
﷽﷽﷽﷽﷽

Shadow Mod

• It was Tuesday
Only serious posting allowed ho.

i still love you mac  :heart
full homo
😈

nudemacusers

﷽﷽﷽﷽﷽

Himu

So like. Those 10 guests always peeping this thread. Are they gaf staff or wat.

IYKYK

Himu

7 more pages till this incarnation of the thread hits 1000 pages.

IYKYK

nudemacusers

﷽﷽﷽﷽﷽

king of the internet

• 🚽
Gonna start quoting the fuck out of posters I don't like now.

Narag

so we were the shadow mod all along

:ohhh

It's been that way. People don't post funny shit here as much as 'this person should be banned' stuff.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=856708 this work?
DMC

Momo

• Nebuchadnezzar
7 more pages till this incarnation of the thread hits 1000 pages.

(Image removed from quote.)
It's page 894 for me, whats your ppp?

Atramental

• 🧘‍♂️
Don't know the ppp but I'm on 993.

Maybe you have someone on ignore? I don't even know if that's a feature on the bore. Haven't checked yet.

edit: also, I need to stop posting on my phone. This is like the 20th post I've fucked up with bad grammar and spelling this week.
« Last Edit: July 17, 2014, 01:36:30 AM by Atramental »

Momo

• Nebuchadnezzar
I have a fuck load of people on ignore :hitler

I've changed my policy and required people to be opt in from now on so I have no-one else to blame if my jimmies get rustled :hitler

Shadow Mod

• It was Tuesday
45 ppp vs 50 ppp

Plywood

50 ppp >*

Momo

• Nebuchadnezzar
45 ppp vs 50 ppp
Thanks for doing the math for me, I was trying it in my head, failing and I'm way too lazy to get cntrl + r and type calc  :stahp

Plywood

How many of you use the green theme? The default theme makes if hard for me to follow this thread.

StealthFan

• Swings Both Ways
I didn't even know we had different themes :whew This shit looks nice.
reckt

bluemax

If it's so much work Evilore should just outsource the modding then. Get a warehouse of brown people to do it for like three cents a day.

Why would he give people any money for anything related to NeoGAF? That's money earmarked for next year's trip to EDC!
NO

StealthFan

• Swings Both Ways
I'd rather fuck failed beauty queens than spend money on a forum, especially when my clientale are as complacent as gaffers.
reckt

Plywood

I didn't even know we had different themes :whew This shit looks nice.
Wasn't sure if the bulk of you were purist or just didn't know about it.

Momo

• Nebuchadnezzar
How many of you use the green theme? The default theme makes if hard for me to follow this thread.
Its only me and you.

Momo

• Nebuchadnezzar
You fucks, I made a thread about the theme, it was on the front page of the diversity lounge at least 2 weeks :maf

Rufus

• 🙈🙉🙊
The menu actually tells you how many people use a theme. :leon
Only 13 are using the green one. :heh
Though if they're all active users then that's like half the board.

Dennis

So what is the good theme? There appears to be like 4 or 5 to choose from.

archnemesis

I'm the only one currently using the good theme.

Momo

• Nebuchadnezzar
Use mindi or Envision2013.

Plywood

Use mindi or Envision2013.
Damn mindi is pretty slick, just wish it wasn't so white.

edit: Oh and mindi has no like button.

StealthFan

• Swings Both Ways
I switched to mindi and yeah it's too white. I don't give a fuck about the like button. Gonna switch to normal mode.
reckt