Author Topic: ULTRA Street Fighter IV  (Read 32095 times)

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
Re: ULTRA Street Fighter IV - PS4 Release On 5/26 For $24.99
« Reply #120 on: August 16, 2014, 11:04:05 PM »
What's your inbox looking like? The only time people would message me on XBLA was when I played SF4. :heh

Not as much hatemail lately.   :(

Nah, I can hold back. It's when it's 4(Hold)6(quickly)4(quickly)6(hold? dash? Longer black arrow)+PPP or KKK or just a P/K it throws me.

Anything that isn't HCF/QCF/B kills me. :fbm

Last part of that should just be 6+PPP or KKK.  No need to hold anything.  Hit up training and practice it!   :)
ど助平

thisismyusername

• GunOn™! Apply directly to forehead!
« Reply #121 on: August 16, 2014, 11:51:56 PM »
So wait instead of 4(hold) 646 it's just 4(hold)6 for the Ultra? Why is the notation icon a 646666666 dealie?

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #122 on: August 17, 2014, 10:43:06 AM »
Huh?

No, it's charge back -> forward -> back -> forward + PPP/KKK at the same time.  Or CB 4646+PPP/KKK.  I'm just saying that the only part you should be charging/holding is the first back motion.

What kind of controller do you use?  If it's a stock pad and you're using an analog stick, that could be the problem.
« Last Edit: August 17, 2014, 10:58:53 AM by bork laser »
ど助平

thisismyusername

« Reply #123 on: August 17, 2014, 05:22:01 PM »
Nah, I'm using the stock PS3/DS3 Dpad. Maybe I'm hitting 2 on the transition to 4646+PPP on it.

chronovore

• relapsed dev
« Reply #124 on: September 15, 2014, 02:14:49 AM »
:lol :lol :lol

Awesome! PSN people are so much more likely to send hate mail from what I've noticed.

So this Friday I'm having a drunken master bday tourney (gotta take a shot before each set) with edition select. Not sure who to play. I'll probably end up going Cammy just cause I wanna play a vanilla version of someone but I stink with Sagat.
I think PSN peeps usually don't have the mic, so they're relegated to spamming type-ahead messages with a virtual keyboard.

I do miss the voice message hate mail from XBL. 

There's also an increase in tards with mics.  I love letting them scream whatever for several minutes before I message them to tell them that I have the sound down and can't hear a word.   :lol
My least favorite MS design decision in years is having the Kinect microphone default to "on." Most players don't know, care, or notice enough that they're broadcasting their own game's audio back at everyone, plus their screaming kids or moms, or their crappy music. :maf

But, yeah, as much as I dislike that passive, thoughtless inconsideration, I like it even less when some 8-year-old makes me question the validity of my hobby when they start trying to act hard in a voce soprano.

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #125 on: September 15, 2014, 02:04:52 PM »
SF4 also defaults the Mic to "on" on PCs, post-Steamworks.   >:(
ど助平

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #126 on: September 20, 2014, 09:58:25 AM »
Omega Mode just got announced.  Free DLC mode that will give the characters new/changed up moves and abilities.  Lots of crazy shit!

ど助平

brob

• 8 diagram pole rider
« Reply #127 on: September 20, 2014, 10:07:16 AM »
Ryu w/ donkey kick pls

thisismyusername

« Reply #128 on: September 20, 2014, 10:29:23 AM »
So it's... basically, the mods that people did on PC for characters to be other characters... with faster move properties and other stuff?

Why is this needed? I mean okay, sure it's "free/for fun!" but I really don't get the point of doing this.

Yulwei

« Reply #129 on: September 30, 2014, 01:54:49 PM »
You know, I really didn't expect Poison to become one of my most hated matchups in USF4. I knew for sure that Rolento would be annoying (just as he was annoying in SFA2, SFA3, CVS2 and SFxT...), and Decapre also seemed kind of gimmicky, but I never expected Poison to be as infuriating to fight as she is. She is like Ryu on crack. She zones extremely well, can switch to crazy pressure at the drop of a hat, has some really annoying tactics like crossup love me tender, great backdash, good AA (her cr.HP is very nice). Not to mention that poison players absolutely love to mash ex DP like no one's business.

I've also switched mains around a bit. Went to E.Ryu then to Yang but finally settled on Yun. Yun's combos are so damn satisfying to pull off, and he has some really tight blockstrings with the help of his TC5 and lp shoulder. He also does very good damage thanks to his buffed cr and st.mp.

He is also incredibly cheap.

I've been playing the Steam version over XBL/PSN the last few days and I find that I really miss being able to message players. It sucks ass how you can't message randoms on the Steam ver and from what I can tell there's no "recent players list". GFWL had those things which was nice.

I really wanted to give that mashing Dudley from last night a piece of my mind. That dude mashed out 4 ex DPs almost one after the other... and he also loved to mash ex machine gun blow on wakeup.  ??? >:(
« Last Edit: September 30, 2014, 01:58:56 PM by Yulwei »

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #130 on: October 01, 2014, 01:16:37 AM »
Don't get salty- if you want to give a shitty player a piece of your mind...punish them for playing stupidly.

Or enable your mic.   :P
ど助平

Yulwei

« Reply #131 on: October 01, 2014, 01:31:18 AM »
Oh I did, he didn't come close to winning. I still can't help but get salty at online tactics so I like to send a sarcastic message or two. Nothing nasty :P

Yulwei

« Reply #132 on: October 16, 2014, 10:09:18 AM »
New patch came out yesterday and it was supposed to make netplay better.

So, has anyone noticed any improvements? I sure haven't

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #133 on: October 16, 2014, 10:27:17 AM »
New patch came out yesterday and it was supposed to make netplay better.

So, has anyone noticed any improvements? I sure haven't

Forgot about it!  Will try today.  The netplay improvements are for PC only AFAIK, btw.
ど助平

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #134 on: December 15, 2014, 03:23:10 PM »
Omega mode (and changes for the regular mode) patch is up.

And an infinite was already found.   :lol

:dead
ど助平

Rufus

• 🙈🙉🙊
« Reply #135 on: December 15, 2014, 04:33:53 PM »
And a really stupid one at that...

Yulwei

« Reply #136 on: December 16, 2014, 01:46:15 AM »
the best is when you get the life lead and then make them block your infinite  :patel

Enl

« Reply #137 on: December 16, 2014, 05:05:46 PM »
Jumped into my first Omega match last night, my opponent chooses Gen, and he proceeds to easily inifinite kick me through the 3/5 rounds. The salt flowed and I kicked him out shortly after. I hope that patch they released today fixed that because I would really like to pick this back up again soon due to the edition select.
mmm

Bebpo

« Reply #138 on: December 16, 2014, 06:57:54 PM »
Do most people not care about fun and just care about padding their useless stats?

Because that doesn't sound like fun.

thisismyusername

« Reply #139 on: December 16, 2014, 10:26:46 PM »
Omega mode (and changes for the regular mode) patch is up.

And an infinite was already found.   :lol

Omega? More like Low Kick-a. Kappa.

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #140 on: December 16, 2014, 11:29:41 PM »
Do most people not care about fun and just care about padding their useless stats?

Omega is only available in Endless matches.  No rankings affected. 
ど助平

Bebpo

« Reply #141 on: December 17, 2014, 12:12:18 AM »

Then why do that? 

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #142 on: December 17, 2014, 12:16:26 AM »

Then why do that?

Why do Endless?  That's where you can have lobbies for up to eight players and play for fun.  The option select stuff is kind of unfair in some ways and would break ranked if it were in use.  You can choose to create or find matches with that turned off as well.
ど助平

Bebpo

« Reply #143 on: December 17, 2014, 12:54:49 AM »
Lyte, I'm talking about the stupid leg infinite and how Enl went online to have fun playing and his opponent just did the leg kicks all day.

If the battles are ranked why are people doing stupid shit like that infinite online to other players.  I don't see how that could be more fun than normal playing.

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #144 on: December 17, 2014, 08:09:43 AM »
Lyte, I'm talking about the stupid leg infinite and how Enl went online to have fun playing and his opponent just did the leg kicks all day.

Good.  I was worried there for a second.  ;P

If the battles are ranked why are people doing stupid shit like that infinite online to other players.  I don't see how that could be more fun than normal playing.

Trolling.
ど助平

Yulwei

« Reply #145 on: December 18, 2014, 01:57:02 AM »
Ryu buffs in 1.04  :rejoice we back baby!

Been trying him out since the moment the patch hit and he is so good now. I can actually zone people out with my fireball and it is fucking awesome. The fireball is now a threat and much harder to block on reaction. The lp fb is great for catching neutral jumpers and hp fb now makes ryu a top class zoner.

Not only that but I hear he can do ridiculous easy damage due to cl.hk now being red focus cancelable. They fucked over Cody by making ex CU non-projectile invincible now, but they made up for it with Ryu buffs.

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #146 on: December 18, 2014, 08:24:34 AM »
I'm sure I've asked this- what do you play on, Yulwei?
ど助平

Yulwei

« Reply #147 on: December 18, 2014, 11:52:15 AM »
PS3, 360 and PC :P i hop randomly between the three. although, i've been playing PC more often these days since i wanted to get my PC PP up to par with my console accounts

you can add me on steam: opunibeam
« Last Edit: December 18, 2014, 12:00:54 PM by Yulwei »

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #148 on: December 18, 2014, 02:17:08 PM »
PS3, 360 and PC :P i hop randomly between the three. although, i've been playing PC more often these days since i wanted to get my PC PP up to par with my console accounts

you can add me on steam: opunibeam

What's your PSN ID?
ど助平

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #149 on: April 17, 2015, 11:41:48 AM »
The PS4 version is coming out in North America and Europe on 5/26 for $24.99.  Appears to be digital-only.
ど助平

iconoclast

• レーダーマン
« Reply #150 on: April 20, 2015, 03:40:20 PM »
I hope PS3 sticks will work with this. I'll definitely get it if I can use my Qanba.

In other news, it looks like Super Santarou Man (Sagat) is going to be facing Luffy (Rose) in a $10,000 USF4 money match at Stunfest. Source: https://twitter.com/supersatarou/status/500107362837880832

Hopefully it gets streamed.
BiSH

thisismyusername

« Reply #151 on: April 21, 2015, 09:15:55 AM »
I hope PS3 sticks will work with this.

Unlikely unless people rabble Sony about it. Despite the fact that someone in-house (Naughty Dog) did a driver for it.  :lol

nachobro

• Live Más
« Reply #152 on: April 21, 2015, 09:05:02 PM »
MadCatz have licensed sticks to sell.  :lol Capcom isn't gonna support old sticks for shit.

iconoclast

• レーダーマン
« Reply #153 on: April 22, 2015, 12:29:44 AM »
That's what I've been thinking, but if they don't support PS3 sticks for USF4, they're going to fuck over all of the tournaments that Sony is now sponsoring (and isn't Sony publishing USF4? If they are I'd assume it's their call). Or maybe it'll just screw EVO, since I'm not sure if the smaller tournaments will run the PS4 version.
BiSH

nachobro

• Live Más
« Reply #154 on: April 22, 2015, 12:33:24 AM »
Last year MadCatz just had a zillion X1 loaner sticks for KI at EVO, I assume they'll do the same for MKX and USF4 this year

mormapope

• WHADDYA HEAR, WHADDYA SAY
« Reply #155 on: April 22, 2015, 12:34:29 AM »
There will be sticks that can be rented or borrowed for EVO from Capcom themselves I believe. Smaller tournaments will use common sense and use the army of used 360's out there.

OH!

thisismyusername

« Reply #156 on: April 22, 2015, 01:31:11 AM »
MadCatz have licensed sticks to sell.  :lol Capcom isn't gonna support old sticks for shit.

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2014-10-23-skullgirls-on-ps4-supports-some-ps3-fight-sticks

But in a Facebook post Mad Catz community manager "MarkMan" said the company was behind the initiative.

"Lots of love to the Skullgirls team for making this happen!" he said. "I've already seen a few comments online where people mentioned that myself or Mad Catz are probably angry because we can't sell you a new $200 PS4 stick. This is so far from the truth. We are glad that you can continue to use your FightStick & hope more developers follow suit so that our products can become your weapons for more years to come. Happy gaming!"

Okay, bro. The problem is Sony is REQUIRING developers to do it themselves (Skullgirls only got it because someone internal at Naughty Dog/Sony-first party did the legwork instead of Lab Zero having to do the legwork themselves). Mortal Kombat got the driver support IIRC. Arc System Works didn't use the driver so GG:Xrd doesn't allow PS3 sticks.

Since this is a Sony (not Capcom! Sony is bankrolling/doing it themselves) port it's a matter of rabble rabble rabble-ing Sony to use the ND driver. Capcom would be able to "veto" it but what do they give a shit about, the peripherals aren't their business.

As it is: MadCatz is doing "retro" PS3/4 cross-compatible sticks so if people are worried about driver support, they can buy those. But I seriously doubt MadCatz is that pissed about the driver if it means they can get someone when their stick eventually breaks over people NOT buying a new stick because they aren't buying fighting games due to lack of stick support in next-gen consoles from their previous gen/hardware.

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #157 on: April 22, 2015, 08:17:01 AM »
The Skullgirls people are the ones who made the driver, not Naughty Dog, that they've offered up as free for anyone to use, for using older controllers/sticks on PS4.  It's even in the article you linked to.
The PlayStation 4 version of 2D fighting game Skullgirls Encore will support PlayStation 3 fight sticks, developer Lab Zero Games has revealed.

The studio created a custom USB driver that means any stick that reads as a generic USB gamepad or joystick will work with the PS4 version of the game - and it's making the driver available to other developers free of charge.
ど助平

thisismyusername

« Reply #158 on: April 22, 2015, 10:01:48 AM »
The Skullgirls people are the ones who made the driver, not Naughty Dog, that they've offered up as free for anyone to use, for using older controllers/sticks on PS4.  It's even in the article you linked to.
The PlayStation 4 version of 2D fighting game Skullgirls Encore will support PlayStation 3 fight sticks, developer Lab Zero Games has revealed.

The studio created a custom USB driver that means any stick that reads as a generic USB gamepad or joystick will work with the PS4 version of the game - and it's making the driver available to other developers free of charge.

http://www.ign.com/articles/2014/10/27/skullgirls-encore-developer-creates-ps3-to-ps4-controller-drivers

The USB driver was coded for Lab Zero by Naughty Dog programmer John Bellomy.

It's even in the article you linked to.

Just for you, since it's even in the one I linked to previously:

Quote from: Eurogamer
It seems Sony has given Lab Zero Games' work its blessing: the driver will be tested at an upcoming official PlayStation event in December. In fact Naughty Dog programmer John "Cowboy" Bellomy wrote the driver in his spare time.

Again: Thank Naughty Dog for having the sense to at least help people use their sticks beyond one console generation.

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #159 on: April 22, 2015, 10:37:37 AM »
So he made it...off the clock...for Lab Zero.   

:heyman
ど助平

nachobro

• Live Más
« Reply #160 on: April 22, 2015, 10:42:26 AM »
In any case, you're better off modding an old stick or buying a new one. Setting up a PS3 stick is obnoxious with the driver since you still need a dualshock connected and always on, and the controller and stick share inputs.

thisismyusername

« Reply #161 on: April 22, 2015, 11:39:26 AM »
So he made it...off the clock...for Lab Zero.   

:heyman

Correct. But Lab Zero didn't make it themselves. They were planning on doing it, but one of Naughty Dogs programmers did the leg work for them.

Lab Zero had nothing to do with the actual thing other than go "well we plan to fix this oversight by Sony."

In any case, you're better off modding an old stick or buying a new one. Setting up a PS3 stick is obnoxious with the driver since you still need a dualshock connected and always on, and the controller and stick share inputs.

Don't you still need the DS4 on for PS4 sticks anyway? Since it requires that stupid backlight on the controller being on or whatever?

nachobro

• Live Más
« Reply #162 on: April 22, 2015, 09:29:26 PM »
Not sure with ps4 sticks. Never used one. You don't need a ds4 on for the mkx pad.

« Reply #163 on: May 22, 2015, 12:02:54 PM »

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #164 on: May 26, 2015, 03:04:02 PM »
Out today!  :hyper

Still not up yet!   :gloomy
ど助平

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
ど助平

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #166 on: May 26, 2015, 07:48:55 PM »
My impressions:

- There's menu lag and it is absolutely unacceptable.  You get slowness and input lag in every menu, including the character select screen. 

+ Once the match gets going, the lag is gone, so this port is at least extremely playable once the fight starts.

+ The load times are better than the other console versions.

+ Plugged in a Mad Catz PS3 fightpad and it works perfectly.

- Something seems to be off about the sound.  At times the sound effects are too loud, and at others, the music drowns out the announcer. 

- The timing from when you win/lose the match and the win music starts playing is also off.

+ Looks nice overall at 1080P.

- Some of the menu items and in-game effects are noticeably lower-res.  The PC version looks better.

- I've been playing Ultra on PS3 and PC since it came out.  There were a few matches I had on the PS4 version that felt worse online than on either platform.  Fortunately most matches were good-great quality.

They need to fix the menus and sound issues stat and this will be an overall great port.  For now, though, I'd stick to playing this on other platforms.

Also for shits n' giggles, I tried playing this using Vita remote play.  It was actually OK offline, but worse than I would have thought online.
« Last Edit: May 26, 2015, 08:05:06 PM by bork laser »
ど助平

mormapope

« Reply #167 on: May 27, 2015, 12:24:26 AM »
This port....
 :oreilly :dayum :heh :neogaf

Guile has fucked sonic booms
spoiler (click to show/hide)
[close]

Howler monkeys
[close]

Juri breaks the entire game
[close]

Dudley causes double background noise
[close]

Decapre's teleports are fucked, apparently default Sagat for online play is vanilla Sagat, fucked up damage properties for multiple characters. All this info if from the FGC Gaf thread.

And this is or was going to be the played version at EVO!
 :mollywater :mollywater :mollywater :mollywater
OH!

mormapope

« Reply #168 on: May 27, 2015, 12:46:19 AM »
#t=11

They need to fix the menus and sound issues stat and this will be an overall great port

There is a ton of stuff fucked up besides visual/audio glitches.
OH!

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #169 on: May 27, 2015, 09:24:46 AM »
That Juri glitch :rofl

There is a ton of stuff fucked up besides visual/audio glitches.

Yeah, I posted that before a lot of shit was found.
ど助平

thisismyusername

« Reply #170 on: May 27, 2015, 11:01:35 AM »
The Guile Sonic Booms.  :lol :lol :lol :rofl

demi

• cooler than willco
  • Administrator
« Reply #171 on: May 27, 2015, 11:26:51 AM »
port it to ps4 they said

it'll be the best version they said

FFX
SF4
fat

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #172 on: May 27, 2015, 11:30:04 AM »
port it to ps4 they said

it'll be the best version they said

FFX
SF4

:stahp

What happened with FFX?  Edit: Ah.
ど助平

mormapope

« Reply #173 on: May 27, 2015, 01:32:08 PM »
How do you mess up FFX's RNG systems when doing a port:lol
OH!

nachobro

• Live Más
« Reply #174 on: May 27, 2015, 01:38:52 PM »
Can't say I'm surprised. Other Ocean couldn't handle porting MK 1-3 on to consoles, of course they couldn't handle this.

At least Wizard said he'll move USF4 back to 360 for EVO if this shitshow doesn't get fixed.

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #175 on: May 27, 2015, 02:11:35 PM »
How do you mess up FFX's RNG systems when doing a port:lol

:dizzy

This did lead me to find that Square Enix made a retail version of FFX-2 for Vita, in English, for Asian territories.  Did not know that.
ど助平

mormapope

« Reply #176 on: May 27, 2015, 02:31:15 PM »

:huh

At least they nerfed Ultras and Evil Ryu with one stone.
OH!

naff

• someday you feed on a tree frog
« Reply #177 on: May 27, 2015, 07:47:02 PM »
Is the pc version all good? Missed out on the capcom sale the other week, but found a key site selling at the same discounted price, looking to sell off all my console stuff and go pc only.
◕‿◕

thisismyusername

« Reply #178 on: May 28, 2015, 12:55:29 AM »
Is the pc version all good?

If the netcode is fine with you: Yeah. It's hit and miss for some people, I dunno if they tweaked it more or not.

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #179 on: May 28, 2015, 08:23:01 AM »
The PC version's net code is pretty good now.  Read that it had something more to do with stuff done to Steam itself and not anything Capcom did, but regardless it's been playing pretty well for a few months now.
ど助平