Author Topic: Xbone thread of I'm sorry Dave, I'm afraid I can't let you play that.  (Read 28122 times)

huckleberry

Re: Xbone 720p and OS issues rumormageddon thread (CoD Ghosts, Titanfall)
« Reply #120 on: October 25, 2013, 10:28:47 AM »
ps4 doesn't have a usb port on the back - just like the ps3 didn't. i knew when i saw it in february they weren't going to support hard drives. sucks but it looks easy as fuck to put in a replacement.
wub

Tasty

• 🌺 Neo Flower Child 🌸
« Reply #121 on: October 25, 2013, 11:48:21 AM »
X1 won't support it at launch either.

Wii U is the only next gen console.

1080p + External HDD support, Nintendo tech gods :bow2

It's truly beautiful. :uguu
🕊

Cerveza mas fina

• I don't care for Islam tbqh
  • filler
« Reply #122 on: October 25, 2013, 01:18:44 PM »

All of this hoopla about Ghosts running at 720p, I don't care. Wasn't interested in it anyhow.
The hoopla is really less about ghosts and titanfall; but the very high possibility that there will be a sizeable rift between the PS4 and XB1 graphically for the duration of this gen.....

The rift probably won't be as sizeable as you think

You want a bbc upgrade, get a 4k PC monitor and Geforce 880 SLI rig
this is another reason it doesn't matter. Remember the hyperbole at the ps3 launch about it being a whole generation ahead of the 360? The only people who ended up caring were the system warriors with their bullet point lists.

Except the difference this time is huge and no one can deny it

ManaByte

• I must hurry back to my comic book store, where I dispense the insults rather than absorb them.
« Reply #123 on: October 25, 2013, 02:17:55 PM »
CBG

Mupepe

• Icon
« Reply #124 on: October 25, 2013, 02:53:11 PM »

All of this hoopla about Ghosts running at 720p, I don't care. Wasn't interested in it anyhow.
The hoopla is really less about ghosts and titanfall; but the very high possibility that there will be a sizeable rift between the PS4 and XB1 graphically for the duration of this gen.....

The rift probably won't be as sizeable as you think

You want a bbc upgrade, get a 4k PC monitor and Geforce 880 SLI rig
this is another reason it doesn't matter. Remember the hyperbole at the ps3 launch about it being a whole generation ahead of the 360? The only people who ended up caring were the system warriors with their bullet point lists.

Except the difference this time is huge and no one can deny it
I guess I'll chalk it up to a different definition of huge.  When a game actually can't be released on one system because it's not powerful enough I think I'll care.  But if we're talking about having to take zoomed in screenshots or discuss advanced shaders and resolutions I can't really be bothered.  I'll have both either way because I need my DR3 and Forza :drool

Shaka Khan

• Leather Jihadist
« Reply #125 on: October 26, 2013, 02:01:26 AM »
Wow, Manabyte— you couldn't believe people laughed at one of your jokes so you ran it into the ground. Congrats.
Unzip

Eel O'Brian

• Southern Permasexual
« Reply #126 on: October 26, 2013, 07:34:45 AM »
:dead
sup

Howard Alan Treesong

• キング・メタル・ドラゴン
  • Icon
« Reply #127 on: October 26, 2013, 01:59:35 PM »
These jokes have been great for Manabyte. He's really turned his reputation around 720 degrees.
乱学者

Shaka Khan

• Leather Jihadist
Unzip

Joe Molotov

• I'm much more humble than you would understand.
  • Administrator
« Reply #129 on: October 26, 2013, 05:01:40 PM »
Manabyte droppen zal bombas.
©@©™

Esch

• Bob's Burghers
« Reply #131 on: October 26, 2013, 05:20:08 PM »
Quote from: bishoptl;87585064
If CBOAT ever spills publicly what s/he shared via PM regarding a myriad of other technical issues going on right now...

I'm going right back in that shelter and welding it shut.

:holeup

Joe Molotov

• Administrator
« Reply #132 on: October 26, 2013, 05:35:28 PM »
Now that crazy buttocks has entered the fray, that thread is going to Defcon 1.
©@©™

Esch

• Bob's Burghers
« Reply #133 on: October 26, 2013, 05:36:25 PM »
what have you done manabyte

Joe Molotov

• Administrator
« Reply #134 on: October 26, 2013, 05:41:20 PM »
omg this gif

©@©™

demi

• cooler than willco
  • Administrator
« Reply #135 on: October 26, 2013, 05:44:19 PM »
ManaByte is FAMOUS
fat

Shaka Khan

• Leather Jihadist
« Reply #136 on: October 26, 2013, 05:48:34 PM »
Just to be clear, I never REALLY hated Manabyte.
Unzip

Cerveza mas fina

• I don't care for Islam tbqh
  • filler
« Reply #137 on: October 26, 2013, 06:06:10 PM »
Man i thought Mana was just playinh mmos all day :)

Cool he took a little dump on the xbone in between

Purple Filth

• This cosmic dance of bursting decadence and withheld permissions twists all our arms collectively, but if sweetness can win—and it can—then I'll still be here tomorrow to high-five you yesterday, my friend. Peace
« Reply #138 on: October 26, 2013, 06:08:56 PM »
Just to be clear, I never REALLY hated Manabyte.

Wagonist  :P

Esch

• Bob's Burghers
« Reply #139 on: October 26, 2013, 06:17:48 PM »

:american :american :american :american :american :american :american :american :american

Purple Filth

• This cosmic dance of bursting decadence and withheld permissions twists all our arms collectively, but if sweetness can win—and it can—then I'll still be here tomorrow to high-five you yesterday, my friend. Peace
« Reply #140 on: October 26, 2013, 06:24:54 PM »
First time i'm seeing this pic

:holeup

Joe Molotov

• Administrator
« Reply #141 on: October 26, 2013, 06:41:05 PM »
The Day 1 patch will fix everything, DRM, resolution, EVERYTHING.
©@©™

Eel O'Brian

• Southern Permasexual
All this is funny to read, to be sure, but it's ultimately meaningless. People are gonna go where their friends are, where the games they want to play are, etc. If technical specifications meant shit the Wii would have sold at Ouya levels.
sup

All this is funny to read, to be sure, but it's ultimately meaningless. People are gonna go where their friends are, where the games they want to play are, etc. If technical specifications meant shit the Wii would have sold at Ouya levels.

Agreed. The price might be a factor, and anti hype generally, but if they get the eco system and games right again they'll be fine. Launch looks good to me aside from price.

Rendering resolution in cross gen launch titles could only ever cause actual butthurt or glee in the internet's most insufferable wank stain keyboard warriors. Nobody else. The day I hear a socially well-adjusted human being weighing the virtues of Call of Duty SKUs with their friends in any other way than 'hey dyou have it on PlayStation or Xbox?' I'll know that society has broken down far enough to turn even the most carefree dudebro into an even more stupid, nitpicky, consumer tribalistic, first world problem having CUNT. Gamers are horrible.

Esch

• Bob's Burghers

The only thing that matters is the errors/issues with the hardware, that will actually piss people off i reckon.

Eel O'Brian

• Southern Permasexual
yeah, that and borked servers, you won't even be able to play if that happens
sup

Yulwei

I am enjoying console resolutiongate 2

demi

• cooler than willco
  • Administrator
I'm trying to read a 70 page thread dedicated to manabyte, but I am curious what this big hidden thing is apparently?
fat

I've been trying to figure that out too. From a quick skim of the thread it seems that Ghosts on the X1 is set for 720p vs PS4's 1080p.

There was also a 4chan post quoted multiple times about how MS is going to put ads in games and show 30 second ad videos after loading sequences :lol

Esch

• Bob's Burghers
I'm trying to read a 70 page thread dedicated to manabyte, but I am curious what this big hidden thing is apparently?
it has to be some sort of shitty hardware/firmware issue, what else could it be?

that said, i reckon a lot of the hoopla will be solved by MS soon, surely having to switch up their system software after going backwards on their DRM policies wasnt easy, and perhaps not even finished?

MCD

• Fastest selling shit
It's not easy flipping a switch. Major Nelson was right.

mjemirzian

There's a gay joke waiting to happen with that post. :P

Anyway, I haven't seen this much internet drama and meltdown since PS3's 599 ridge racing giant crabs.

Phoenix Dark

• I got no game it's just some bitches understand my story
This can't be stressed enough. The social aspect will drive success here. MS' bigger problem is price considering many people might go with the cheaper (better) alternative. And a sales advantage would likely become a social advantage. Why buy an Xbone if all your friends buy a PS4, basically.

Btw the ps4 version of Ghost looks pretty shitty, graphics wise. I don't see how a higher res will matter with that title.

MCD

• Fastest selling shit

Esch

• Bob's Burghers

recursivelyenumerable

• you might think that; I couldn't possibly comment
it has to be some sort of shitty hardware/firmware issue, what else could it be?

that said, i reckon a lot of the hoopla will be solved by MS soon, surely having to switch up their system software after going backwards on their DRM policies wasnt easy, and perhaps not even finished?

Technically the change they had to make wasn't "turning off DRM", it was replacing one form of DRM (server-based checks) with a different form of DRM (disc-based checks). There wasn't any protection on the discs themselves before so the schedule impact actually came from having to add a new DRM system.
QED

nudemacusers

this is gonna be a good few weeks. many accounts will die come november.
﷽﷽﷽﷽﷽

MCD

• Fastest selling shit
So, lets say me, you, and Thuway have xbox one

:neogaf

Tasty

• 🌺 Neo Flower Child 🌸
this is gonna be a good few weeks. many accounts will die come november.

The Sonybots and Ninthings will inherit the earth. :aah
🕊

Esch

• Bob's Burghers
:sabu implying that the xbone wont outsell the Wii U

Shaka Khan

• Leather Jihadist
So, lets say me, you, and Thuway have xbox one

Thank you for this. :lol

"HYPOTHETICALLY SPEAKING!"
Unzip

nudemacusers

« Last Edit: October 28, 2013, 02:04:14 AM by nudemacusers »
﷽﷽﷽﷽﷽

Shaka Khan

• Leather Jihadist
One thing I'm sure of is that Mortimer's not handling this really well. He's pretty close to losing his head, if he hasn't lost it already. It's pretty clear from observing his posts, reporting patterns, timing, and phrasing that he's become incredibly codependent on GAF/the internet's attention. Whenever there's a new leaker in spotlight he gets visibly upset. And he's constantly complimenting and admiring CBOAT, but I wouldn't be surprised if he resents him (doth protest too much?)
« Last Edit: October 28, 2013, 02:11:02 AM by Shaka Khan »
Unzip

Tasty

• 🌺 Neo Flower Child 🌸
:sabu implying that the xbone wont outsell the Wii U

Considering the Xbone will have launch issues (prolly) and the Wii U is $200 less and bundled with two free games... I'd say it's 50/50. :larry
🕊

Purple Filth

looks like November is gonna be fun  :lol :lol :lol

Esch

• Bob's Burghers
One thing I'm pretty sure of is that Mortimer's not handling this really well. He's pretty close to losing his head, if he hasn't lost it already. It's pretty clear from observing his posts, reporting patterns, timing, and phrasing that's become incredibly codependent on GAF/the internet's attention. Whenever there's a new leaker in spotlight he gets visibly upset. He's constantly complimenting and admiring CBOAT, but I wouldn't be surprised if he resents him.
Most definitely some attention seeking behavior going on. The lack of an alias or 'e-disguise' is sort of telling in that regard. He seems slightly deranged in some of those posts. I wouldn't be surprised if he's a little shook from angry Xfag fan mail though, I'm sure people write threats over dumb shit like this.

Considering the Xbone will have launch issues (prolly) and the Wii U is $200 less and bundled with two free games... I'd say it's 50/50. :larry

50/50? Generous. Andy, the Wii U is gamecube status. I haven't even been keeping up on NPD performance because of how irrelevant the thing is. it's out, and has been for a while, and the public seems to have unilaterally declared it a swagless poverty pile of silicon and tears. At least the Xbone and PS4 have a clean slate

nudemacusers

One thing I'm sure of is that Mortimer's not handling this really well. He's pretty close to losing his head, if he hasn't lost it already. It's pretty clear from observing his posts, reporting patterns, timing, and phrasing that he's become incredibly codependent on GAF/the internet's attention. Whenever there's a new leaker in spotlight he gets visibly upset. And he's constantly complimenting and admiring CBOAT, but I wouldn't be surprised if he resents him (doth protest too much?)
getting his wife involved in this shit was just... dumb. why would you open your wife up to harassment of the fanboy sperglords?
﷽﷽﷽﷽﷽

Tasty

• 🌺 Neo Flower Child 🌸
We'll see Escha. :larry
🕊

Esch

• Bob's Burghers

Sho Nuff

• o/~ TOUCH ME AND I'LL BREAK YOUR FACE o/~
I can't wait for the shitstorm

Gonna be soakin up the entertainment as I play my $5 copy of Marlow Briggs

Huff

• stronger ties you have, more power you gain
Lotta peeps pulling a can't wait to see launch reactions shit in that thread. Morts def losing it, but he's probably right about something in there
dur

Vertigo

I was just reading his blog and it's weird, it's almost like his now being fed certain info to smoke out CBOAT.

He even explicitly asks for a CBOAT appearance. This is like a very bad dark comedy.

Phoenix Dark

• I got no game it's just some bitches understand my story
WiiU is gonna sell boat loads this holiday season, come on. Cheap, kids, PS4/XB1 will have supply issues, etc.

DCharlieJP

• the ex-XFE, now 3rd in-line for SFE
  • Icon
i definitely see that happen - your kids ask for a next gen console so you completely ignore them and buy a WiiU. What sort of parenting is that ? If you are going to short change them at least get them an X360. Worst case scenario the games at least look better than the WiiU's -and- there's more of them.

O=X

maxy

• Sales Loser
Normal kids will ask for tablet/smartphone,age of consoles is done.

WiiU?

nobody cares about that thing
cat

MCD

• Fastest selling shit
kids still ask for gta and cod.

maxy

• Sales Loser
kids still ask for gta and cod.

Kids ask for lots of things.
cat

pilonv1