Author Topic: Xbone thread of I'm sorry Dave, I'm afraid I can't let you play that.  (Read 58767 times)

Shaka Khan

• Leather Jihadist
So, lets say me, you, and Thuway have xbox one

:neogaf

Thank you for this. :lol

"HYPOTHETICALLY SPEAKING!"
Unzip

nudemacusers

« Last Edit: October 28, 2013, 02:04:14 AM by nudemacusers »
﷽﷽﷽﷽﷽

Shaka Khan

• Leather Jihadist
One thing I'm sure of is that Mortimer's not handling this really well. He's pretty close to losing his head, if he hasn't lost it already. It's pretty clear from observing his posts, reporting patterns, timing, and phrasing that he's become incredibly codependent on GAF/the internet's attention. Whenever there's a new leaker in spotlight he gets visibly upset. And he's constantly complimenting and admiring CBOAT, but I wouldn't be surprised if he resents him (doth protest too much?)
« Last Edit: October 28, 2013, 02:11:02 AM by Shaka Khan »
Unzip

Tasty

:sabu implying that the xbone wont outsell the Wii U

Considering the Xbone will have launch issues (prolly) and the Wii U is $200 less and bundled with two free games... I'd say it's 50/50. :larry

Purple Filth

• This cosmic dance of bursting decadence and withheld permissions twists all our arms collectively, but if sweetness can win—and it can—then I'll still be here tomorrow to high-five you yesterday, my friend. Peace
looks like November is gonna be fun  :lol :lol :lol

nudemacusers

One thing I'm sure of is that Mortimer's not handling this really well. He's pretty close to losing his head, if he hasn't lost it already. It's pretty clear from observing his posts, reporting patterns, timing, and phrasing that he's become incredibly codependent on GAF/the internet's attention. Whenever there's a new leaker in spotlight he gets visibly upset. And he's constantly complimenting and admiring CBOAT, but I wouldn't be surprised if he resents him (doth protest too much?)
getting his wife involved in this shit was just... dumb. why would you open your wife up to harassment of the fanboy sperglords?
﷽﷽﷽﷽﷽

Tasty

We'll see Escha. :larry

Sho Nuff

• o/~ TOUCH ME AND I'LL BREAK YOUR FACE o/~
I can't wait for the shitstorm

Gonna be soakin up the entertainment as I play my $5 copy of Marlow Briggs

Huff

• stronger ties you have, more power you gain
Lotta peeps pulling a can't wait to see launch reactions shit in that thread. Morts def losing it, but he's probably right about something in there
dur

Vertigo

I was just reading his blog and it's weird, it's almost like his now being fed certain info to smoke out CBOAT.

He even explicitly asks for a CBOAT appearance. This is like a very bad dark comedy.

Phoenix Dark

• I got no game it's just some bitches understand my story
WiiU is gonna sell boat loads this holiday season, come on. Cheap, kids, PS4/XB1 will have supply issues, etc.

DCharlieJP

• the ex-XFE, now 3rd in-line for SFE
  • Icon
i definitely see that happen - your kids ask for a next gen console so you completely ignore them and buy a WiiU. What sort of parenting is that ? If you are going to short change them at least get them an X360. Worst case scenario the games at least look better than the WiiU's -and- there's more of them.

O=X

maxy

• Sales Loser
Normal kids will ask for tablet/smartphone,age of consoles is done.

WiiU?

nobody cares about that thing
cat

MCD

• Fastest selling shit
kids still ask for gta and cod.

maxy

• Sales Loser
kids still ask for gta and cod.

Kids ask for lots of things.
cat

pilonv1

• I love you just the way I am
who is this mortimer person? i've not heard of him before this week
itm

archie4208

Feels good being a PC gamer who likes watching the shitstorm.  :smug

Normal kids will ask for tablet/smartphone,age of consoles is done.

Kids asking for smartphones or tablets this Christmas simply aren't interested in this gaming industry as we've always known it. If they're not interested now, in the midst of these huge product launches and the start of a new generation, then I can't possibly consider any of those kids as part of the full-time gaming marketplace.

They might play *some* games on those devices now and then, but they would be transient participants at best. Big publishers chasing that dollar are playing with fire IMO.

If the age of consoles is 'done', so are the games we love. The only way that isn't the case is if PC and steambox somehow take up some console slack... or if controller-shells become standard, with $40+ games actually selling on the IOS/Android environment. The risk / reward model for publishers in that environment is just too different. Bububu Freemium -- nope. Increasingly saturated, increasingly risky.

Best thing for all of us would be for the big three to get a shit reception out of the gate, forcing them to polish up their acts, but ultimately -- for the console market to grow over the last generation again. Fuck what kids think they want. They're idiots.

Huff

so i went back and reread the rumor and i still dont understand whats going on

dur

mjemirzian

Best $500 I never spent. All that tasty drama.. :-[

hampster

A gaffer who was active / friendly on twitter and made some friends at sony and a few other devs.  He leaked some stuff earlier this year which caused other people to reach out / confide in him which lead to more leaks which lead to other people reaching out etc... He had a vita blog at one point also.
Zzz

Rahxephon91

WiiU is gonna sell boat loads this holiday season, come on. Cheap, kids, PS4/XB1 will have supply issues, etc.
There's always the PS3 and 360 in that case. Better purchase than the Wii U.

cool breeze

too many rumors.  what I'm getting is that most of the problems are on the software side.  that's not that bad.  xbox shipments will be cleared out this year, launch owners will beta test it, and sometime next year it can be fixed up.

Huff

these little baby back bitch leaks are boring. tell everyone to save their load until I can get a massive cumshot
dur

Diunx

• Humble motherfucker with a big-ass dick

Drunk

Tasty

Re: Xbone trail of tears
« Reply #145 on: October 28, 2013, 04:10:09 PM »
Title change :aah

Himu

« Reply #146 on: October 28, 2013, 04:17:09 PM »
PSN > xbl?

:sabu
IYKYK

Joe Molotov

• I'm much more humble than you would understand.
  • Administrator
« Reply #147 on: October 28, 2013, 04:21:35 PM »

A guy who works at an old people's home.

He probably gets a lot of "leaks" there.
©@©™

Rahxephon91

« Reply #148 on: October 28, 2013, 04:25:47 PM »
PSN > xbl?

:sabu
If true. Jesus. How the mighty have fallen.

Still better then WiiU though.

cool breeze

these little baby back bitch leaks are boring. tell everyone to save their load until I can get a massive cumshot

seriously.  and xbox fans are boring.  they lie and get depressed.  I want full blown crazy.

nudemacusers

« Reply #150 on: October 28, 2013, 04:35:16 PM »
"People take L's"
﷽﷽﷽﷽﷽

Purple Filth

• This cosmic dance of bursting decadence and withheld permissions twists all our arms collectively, but if sweetness can win—and it can—then I'll still be here tomorrow to high-five you yesterday, my friend. Peace
« Reply #151 on: October 28, 2013, 04:53:59 PM »
that Battlefield 4 comparison coming later tonight is gonna be fucking glorious  :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol

Brehvolution

• Until at last, I threw down my enemy and smote his ruin upon the mountainside.
« Reply #152 on: October 28, 2013, 04:56:43 PM »
©ZH

Mupepe

• Icon
« Reply #153 on: October 28, 2013, 05:00:12 PM »
I'm gonna gladly take the xbone dry on Nov. 22 :drool

Hope they fix this shit before then *shrug*

MCD

• Fastest selling shit
« Reply #154 on: October 28, 2013, 05:04:53 PM »
we don't comment on rumors. especially from sfags on twitter.

« Reply #155 on: October 28, 2013, 05:05:34 PM »
Xbone seems hopelessly broken. Both of these consoles seem like turds. Launch games are bleh. Services are gonna be borked. PSN...lol.

You're crazy, Mupepe. Hookers and blow seem a more sensible option right now.

Purple Filth

« Reply #156 on: October 28, 2013, 05:22:34 PM »
Tonight or tomorrow?

I hope we have a thread about it here.

Having to wade through shitty GIFs on GAF is getting annoying.

apparently its gonna happen at 12:01am Eastern time so its basically tomorrow I guess  :P.

« Last Edit: October 28, 2013, 05:37:50 PM by Purple Filth »

Barry Egan

• The neurotic is nailed to the cross of his fiction.
« Reply #157 on: October 28, 2013, 05:30:54 PM »
I can't even remember a console launch this messy before.  It's been a rolling disaster ever since being announced.  If the console is as entertaining as it's pre-launch it will be the best console of all time.  :rejoice

cool breeze

« Reply #158 on: October 28, 2013, 05:35:37 PM »
I honestly have a lot of trouble believing ms fucked up live. Seems suspect.

yeah, at the point Microsoft should spread a bunch of heinous rumor that they can debunk.

change the message from "wait, it's worse" to "at least it's not that bad"

Himu

« Reply #159 on: October 28, 2013, 05:48:55 PM »
« Last Edit: October 28, 2013, 07:42:30 PM by Formerly Known As Himuro »
IYKYK

huckleberry

wub

Joe Molotov

• Administrator
« Reply #161 on: October 28, 2013, 06:02:45 PM »
:lol

This should be combined somehow with the "If you've made it this far, you're next gen" image.
©@©™

MCD

• Fastest selling shit
« Reply #162 on: October 28, 2013, 06:09:34 PM »

Believe in Redmond.

Tasty

« Reply #163 on: October 28, 2013, 06:14:46 PM »

Phoenix Dark

• I got no game it's just some bitches understand my story
« Reply #164 on: October 28, 2013, 06:23:57 PM »
(Image removed from quote.)

:lol

Someone quick, find that picture of Nintendo finally arriving in the next gen. I'm assuming that's where MCD is leading the herd.

Cerveza mas fina

• I don't care for Islam tbqh
  • filler
« Reply #165 on: October 28, 2013, 06:46:02 PM »
These rumours are total BS. Last ditch efforts to derail the Xbox brand before launch. It's not working. I'm still buying one and it will have a better OS and online service than my PS4 in every way that matters. I have 100% confidence in that.

Howard Alan Treesong

• キング・メタル・ドラゴン
  • Icon
« Reply #166 on: October 28, 2013, 07:30:29 PM »
These rumours are total BS. Last ditch efforts to derail the Xbox brand before launch. It's not working. I'm still buying one and it will have a better OS and online service than my PS4 in every way that matters. I have 100% confidence in that.

copypasta
乱学者

fizzel

« Reply #167 on: October 28, 2013, 07:54:27 PM »
wasn't thuway one of those sonylings that invaded and shat up beyond3d? and now he's some kind of distinguished mentally-challenged GAF celebrity.  :lol

thisismyusername

• GunOn™! Apply directly to forehead!
« Reply #168 on: October 28, 2013, 08:17:42 PM »

Let me save you time, they won't. November 22nd is less than three weeks away. If they aren't crunching insane hours and even then, they aren't going to fix it before launch.

MS thought they had a year to plan their shit and announce it piece-by-piece because Sony was late last time. Unfortunately for them, they backed the wrong guessing horse and are paying for it in rushing to launch.

They should've (if rumors are to be believed) stuck with the 2014 launch date and launched then. Even giving Sony a headstart would've been far better than the fiasco of cobbled-together features and 180's on policies they're doing at this moment.

Mupepe

• Icon
« Reply #169 on: October 28, 2013, 08:43:00 PM »

Let me save you time, they won't. November 22nd is less than three weeks away. If they aren't crunching insane hours and even then, they aren't going to fix it before launch.

MS thought they had a year to plan their shit and announce it piece-by-piece because Sony was late last time. Unfortunately for them, they backed the wrong guessing horse and are paying for it in rushing to launch.

They should've (if rumors are to be believed) stuck with the 2014 launch date and launched then. Even giving Sony a headstart would've been far better than the fiasco of cobbled-together features and 180's on policies they're doing at this moment.
That sucks... But as long as I can play DR3 ill be fine til they fix it. I'm not too bothered. I'm enjoying the fanboy fallout though

Smooth Groove

• Both teams played hard, my man
« Reply #170 on: October 28, 2013, 09:09:30 PM »
that Battlefield 4 comparison coming later tonight is gonna be fucking glorious  :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol

spoiler (click to show/hide)
PC wins again
[close]

Yulwei

« Reply #171 on: October 28, 2013, 09:20:25 PM »
These last couple of days have been phenomenal. I love how it has evolved from "console-resolutiongate" to just "xbonegate"

Shaka Khan

• Leather Jihadist
« Reply #172 on: October 28, 2013, 10:14:37 PM »
To be quite honest I think everyone almost invested in this is a moron, because the more I think about it, the more it sounds like your typical crunch-time woes. I mean, do you know how incredibly stupid all of these leakers will look when the world realizes the leaks were blown out of proportion? The first few months will be bumpy, full of updates and bug-squashing regardless. I think it's a little naive to expect a perfectly smooth launch, with all these features and connectivity, knowing what we know about these companies. And I say this as someone who's just waiting for Second Son to drop so I can cop the Quadruple (WIP).
« Last Edit: October 28, 2013, 10:24:03 PM by Shaka Khan »
Unzip

Himu

« Reply #173 on: October 28, 2013, 10:16:28 PM »
I don't think anyone in these boards really gives a shit. It is just funny.
IYKYK

Shaka Khan

• Leather Jihadist
« Reply #174 on: October 28, 2013, 10:18:22 PM »
That wasn't directed at anyone here.
Unzip

Joe Molotov

• Administrator
« Reply #175 on: October 28, 2013, 10:23:33 PM »
To be quite honest I think everyone almost invested in this is a moron, because the more I think about this, the more it sounds like your typical crunch-time woes. I mean, do you know how incredibly stupid all of these leakers will look when the world realize all the reports were blown out of proportion? The first few months will be bumpy and full of updates and bug-squashing regardless, anyone who expected a perfectly smooth launch with all these features and connectivity is a little naive. And I say this as someone who's just waiting for Second Son to drop so I can cop the Quadruple (WIP).

Microsoft even paying shills to damage control at The Bore. Things must be desperate.
©@©™

Shaka Khan

• Leather Jihadist
« Reply #176 on: October 28, 2013, 10:25:52 PM »
Unzip

ToxicAdam

• captain of my capsized ship
« Reply #177 on: October 28, 2013, 10:26:29 PM »
The problem when you remove yourself from this stuff is that it doesn't seem as epic anymore. I know if this shit went down in 2005 I would have been going apeshit, but now these all seem like such relatively small problems that future software updates and hardware tweaks can correct.

So yea, it might cost MS a few million users in the first couple years, but in the big picture it doesn't really mean much. People will still want to play games.

I mean, whatever issues the Xbone has it's not going to be the steaming pile that the Vita or Wii U is. It's problems seem more cosmetic than structurally fucked.

« Last Edit: October 28, 2013, 10:28:23 PM by ToxicAdam »

hampster

« Reply #178 on: October 28, 2013, 10:48:51 PM »
I wish the internet was around in the SNES / Genesis era :( I would have sperged so fucking hard

:punch Sonic 4 Life :punch
Zzz

Trent Dole

• the sharpest tool in the shed
« Reply #179 on: October 28, 2013, 10:50:12 PM »
Yeah, xbone isn't gonna be a total :poop bomba but it's still hilarious to see it go from the sure fire winner before the reveal to everyone fucking hating it. Kind of like the PS3 last round. 8)
Hi