Author Topic: Making a Final Fantasy thread and no one can stop me. (Finalphile Support Group)  (Read 162644 times)

Joe Molotov

• I'm much more humble than you would understand.
  • Administrator
It's on the backburner.
©@©™

Lucretius

V and VI are the only FF games I never beat.  Never got very far in either even.

Just got my Dragoon to lvl 50 in XIV though!

http://na.finalfantasyxiv.com/lodestone/character/7666095/
lip

benjipwns

• your bright ideas always burn me
FINALLY:
High Speed Mode

Speedrunner special! This mode allows you to speed up certain parts of the game (cutscenes, movies, battles and more) by up to five times the regular speed!

Battle Assistance

Great for final boss battles or for taking on Ultima/Omega Weapon again, this booster grants you an always full ATB gauge, always full HP as well as making Limit Breaks always available. It's almost like cheating, except that your characters will still die if the damage they suffer from one hit is greater than their HP levels.

Pretty self-explanatory! Your normal attacks, certain limit breaks and some Guardian Force (G.F.) attacks will always deal the maximum 9,999 damage.

AP Max

Ability Points (AP) are used to teach your G.F. new abilities. This booster therefore allows your G.F. to max out their APs when you're on the world map. This should also help those of you attempting the No-Level challenge!

Magic and Gil Max

The magic booster, as before will give you 100 of each acquired magic spell, but this booster now also allows you to give yourself the maximum limit of Gil.
http://eu.square-enix.com/en/blog/final-fantasy-viii-now-updated-new-features

demi

• cooler than willco
  • Administrator
It's on the backburner.

Fuck this shit. You cant just break continuity.
fat

ZephyrFate

....no one in here mentioned mog :wtf
Himuro edited his post, which originally talked about how she never uses mog or gau

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
Don't like the battle system? You WOULD like the sailor moon stuff.

Battle system?  Who said anything about that?  It's the running around on pre-rendered BGs, high encounter rates, and having to look for save points that doesn't sit well with me. Plus the load times kind of suck now.

Just pretty much reminds me of why I don't usually like Square games.  I'll keep going and get further in before dropping the final judgement, though.
ど助平

demi

• cooler than willco
  • Administrator
THE FINAL JUDGMENT
fat

Joe Molotov

• Administrator
©@©™

Decided to participate in the Fiesta after all, even if a little late.

Wind Job: Thief.

Water Job: Berserker.  :dead

Joe Molotov

• Administrator
I've been grinding and mah peeps are all buff as hell now. Lv. 34 starting out World 2, also bought two Flame Rings. Gilgamesh went down like a bitch.
©@©™

Himu

I've been grinding and mah peeps are all buff as hell now. Lv. 34 starting out World 2, also bought two Flame Rings. Gilgamesh went down like a bitch.

Jesus Christ.
IYKYK

Joe Molotov

• Administrator
I let my party walk around Berserked while watching The Lego Movie and Godzilla vs Biollante.
©@©™

Joe Molotov

• Administrator
"Grass isn't supposed to attack people!"

Profound words of wisdom.
©@©™

magus

• LIKES FF7
<----

recursivelyenumerable

• you might think that; I couldn't possibly comment
diff cultures have diff norms - some would be shocked & insulted by grass not bothering to attack them
QED

Joe Molotov

• Administrator
Galuf :'(

He was a true bro. Not only did he die to save everyone, but he also gave me his underage granddaughter.
©@©™

Joe Molotov

• Administrator
I made it to NeoExdeath, but I got wrekt.
©@©™

ZephyrFate

im doing a random FJF, and I rolled Black Mage/Summoner/Monk/Mystic Knight

I feel like the Monk is def gonna be the weak link soon.

Joe Molotov

• Administrator
Final Fantasy V
Fainaru Fantajī Faibu
Original Release: December 6, 1992
Edition Played: GBA
Time to Beat: 36 hours
Score: Androgynous Princess/10

FFV was pretty rad. I had fun doing the Job Fiesta, even though it was my first playthrough. My party was almost pure physical, so my playthrough was just all about grindan, getting sweet loot, and bashing guys. The good things in life. I kept my party leveled above the curve so I didn't have much trouble in the game until late, mostly with high-defense enemies, but nothing too major. Exdeath was tough, it took me about 6-7 goes at him before I finally brought him down, praying to RNGsus the whole time that he wouldn't cast Almagest too many times or that Grand Cross wouldn't turn everyone into a zombie. Finally did it, and with everyone at near max health even, so I got the good ending where everyone escapes the Void. Feels good, man.

Now my FF batteries are recharged, I'm diving back into FFIV and I've already got FFVI Advance on order. :rock
©@©™

ZephyrFate

can't get through great sea trench. the switch for kaiser knuckles works, one of the switches in the SW corner works, but the other two won't work so I can't get to the tablet at all. wtf.

ZephyrFate

nvm. love that only one fucking walkthrough actually stated that the switches have to be hit in a certain order

recursivelyenumerable

The pyramid was the most annoying dungeon though
QED

ZephyrFate

i ran from everything i didn't need to fight. not worth it. those fucking snakes though :|

Joe Molotov

• Administrator
Bout 10 hours into FF4, just did the Tower of Babil.  How many niccas gonna die on me in this game? Like Cecil ain't already got enough blood on his hands. :beli
©@©™

magus

• LIKES FF7
Bout 10 hours into FF4, just did the Tower of Babil.  How many niccas gonna die on me in this game? Like Cecil ain't already got enough blood on his hands. :beli

is it time for me to post that comic again?

IT IS!
<----

Joe Molotov

• Administrator
Dammit, my copy of Final Fantasy VI Advance came today, and it's obvious bootleg (cart feels weird, no Squeenix/Nintendo logo on label, characters from FF4 on the artwork, lawl  ::) ) I was nervous because when I bought it from Amazon, there were all these "Just Started" sellers selling FF6 way cheaper than everyone else, so I avoided those and went with one that was more expensive and was from a seller with like 20,000+ sells and ~97% positive. Still got a bootleg. Back to Amazon with you.
©@©™

archnemesis

GBA bootlegs are so common that you are better off pirating games for it.

demi

• cooler than willco
  • Administrator
Or he could stop for a second and look for actual auctions with pictures. Thought you were smarter than this, chubs.
fat

Joe Molotov

• Administrator
I didn't know I'd be able to tell a bootleg just by looking at the label. I figured if they could copy the game, they could copy the label too. Oh well, I'm sending it back.
©@©™

Positive Touch

• Woo Papa
buy my copy aside from a slight crease in the cover its mint and complete
pcp

nachobro

• Live Más
I'm thinking about running through FF12 International now that I've wrung out all I'm gonna get from FFX/X2. I got the game running in 720p in PCSX2 but are there any must have mods? I got the English patch ISO maker thing already but I dunno what else is out there.
« Last Edit: July 05, 2014, 08:10:25 PM by nachobro »

Joe Molotov

• Administrator
buy my copy aside from a slight crease in the cover its mint and complete

How much you want for it?
©@©™

Positive Touch

• Woo Papa
um whatever the going rate is i guess? or a few dollars off that?? i dunno sorry ive gotta go out in a minute and wont be back til late so i cant get you the details like pics or whatever til tomorrow  :-\
pcp

Positive Touch

• Woo Papa
ok wait i have time now pm'd
pcp

demi

• cooler than willco
  • Administrator
Damn u getting fleeced, Joe. Might as well just take your chance online if hes offering online prices.
fat

Positive Touch

• Woo Papa
goddamnit demi you bastard quit cockblocking :lol you know when you order from me you're getting exactly what's promised. QUALITY UEBER ALLES.

but seriously Joe no pressure; if u don't wanna order from me that's completely fine. no response necessary.
pcp

Joe Molotov

• Administrator
Well for now, I'm finishing up FF4. I'm on the moon, doing moon stuff atm. After that I'll probably either do After Years or just skip ahead to FF7.

Or maybe Mystic Quest.   :leon
©@©™

Positive Touch

• Woo Papa
mystic quest soundtrack :rejoice
pcp

Joe Molotov

• Administrator
Right at the end of FFIV; I've pretty much done everything you can do before beating the game. I got Bahamut, I did the Cave of Trials, I got everyone's l33t gear. Only thing I didn't do is get any Pink Tails. I thought about doing it, but the grind is pretty distinguished mentally-challenged. I fought the Flan Princessess for about an hour, then I looked online and saw that there was only a 1/64 of getting a Pink Tail IF anything drops, and judging by my success rate, there's only like a 1/5 chance of anything dropping. Even using sirens, that's just painful.
©@©™

Joe Molotov

• Administrator
Final Fantasy IV
Fainaru Fantajī Fō
Original Release: July 19, 1991
Edition Played: PSP
Time to Beat: 27 hours
Score: Everyone Dies (J/K!)/10

FF4 was a lot more straightforward than FF5 (although the way I played FF5 was pretty straightforward too). No job system, only Black/White/Summon magic, automatically learn spells. People come and go from your party, but you never have more than 5 people at a time, and can't switch out characters until the very end. When characters come back, they're always properly learned, so you don't have to worry about people getting behind. The story was pretty straightforward too: bad guy is trying to get all the crystals, you have to stop him or bad stuff will happen. The beginning was cool though, with Cecil basically being a bad guy and the beginning and then having to try to atone for his sins and become a hero. Then the end when you went to moon, things got a little weird there.

It was fun. I think I liked FF5 better, though. Probably not going to play After Years right away, I'll come back to it later at some point.
©@©™

Lucretius

The secret best PlayStation FF game turned 14 years old today.

Final Fantasy IX was released in Japan July 7, 2000.

I never understood the hate for IX.  I think the chibi/super deformed art style was reviled in much the same way it was initially criticized in Wind Waker.  But IX has aged way better visually than VII or VIII.

I think IX is probably my favorite (non MMORPG) Final Fantasy game.

lip

Himu

The hate for IX has always been overstated. Upon reveal, it always had its detractors from people who simply didn't like the art style. Can remember when it was revealed alongside with X, and XI and get warm fuzzy feelings inside my tummy. IX is a great game. Just highly flawed, mostly in the combat area. Still a fantastic game and probably the first game I got addicted to. Got off disc 1 in less than a week during Thanksgiving vacation and beat the fuck out of it in time for Christmas. At the time, it was bad for my grades but I still managed to pull them back up to A's and B's. I have no idea how I did it but it had to be Squaresoft Power coupled with Ritalin. At one point in time (upon release) it was probably my favorite in the series. That changed over time, though.
« Last Edit: July 08, 2014, 12:01:21 AM by Formerly Known As Himuro »
IYKYK

Cerveza mas fina

• I don't care for Islam tbqh
  • filler
Is Final Fantasy VI Advance region free?

I'm sure I have it at my parents home, boxed and in good shape.

Didn't know it was worth something.

archnemesis

Yep, the GBA games are region free. I have the North American versions of the Final Fantasy Advance games and they work fine with my European NDS.

ZephyrFate

IX has some of the most brilliant & awe-inspiring background design I've seen in videogames. If you haven't seen Mama Robotnik's HD background art (the "lost art" of FFIX) you need to. They were doing things the PS2 wasn't really even able to do for a while, but it had to be super-compressed to fit on the PS1 discs.

Joe Molotov

• Administrator
Final Fantasy: Mystic Quest

The first enemy hit me with a critical attack and I died. Dark Souls-tier difficulty, over here.

©@©™

Positive Touch

• Woo Papa

:fistful
pcp

tiesto

• ルカルカ★ナイトフィーバー
In hindsight, I really liked 9, but the slow battle speed and the fact I didn't find the soundtrack nearly as memorable as 7 or 8 (thought Nobuo was stretched a bit too thin on it) hurt it. It's much better than anything that followed it.
^_^

ZephyrFate

I used to think FFIX had weak tracks, but when you realize how well-tuned to the context of each area they are, it becomes a basically perfect soundtrack. Even stuff like Qu's Marsh has an incredible track.

recursivelyenumerable

Yeah IX's soundtrack is high-tier FF when you're playing the game or if you listen selectively, but listening to the whole OST isn't really a thing you can do (even by giant-dork-like-me-who-listens-to-4-disc-game-OSTs-front-to-back standards)
« Last Edit: July 10, 2014, 05:20:07 AM by recursivelyenumerable »
QED

Joe Molotov

• Administrator
FYI, Mystic Quest is not very good.
©@©™

Himu

Thank you for telling us
IYKYK

Joe Molotov

• Administrator
©@©™

Joe Molotov

• Administrator
©@©™

Positive Touch

• Woo Papa
I actually ordered the free strategy guide that came with it back in the day. shame I can't find it anymore because scans of it online are really rare.
pcp

recursivelyenumerable

MQ is one of the few FF games to have something resembling actual level design, though
QED

magus

• LIKES FF7

so you are telling me mystic quest is the lightning returns of the past? :hitler

<----

Joe Molotov

• Administrator
The best part about FF Legends was the end of the first one.

spoiler (click to show/hide)

lawl, eff you, god!
[close]
©@©™

recursivelyenumerable

mystic quest is another final fantasy legend game.  only better.

:comeon

mq has a few good aspects, but ffl1/2 are still up there with my fave rpgs of all time for their worlds and character/ability systems
QED

ZephyrFate

so you are telling me mystic quest is the lightning returns of the past? :hitler
no, LR is actually good.