Author Topic: Official NFL Thread: NFL Draft Weekend  (Read 300080 times)

Phoenix Dark

• I got no game it's just some bitches understand my story
Re: NFL 2014-2015 Thread: SUPER BOWL - PEDs vs Big balls
« Reply #1860 on: February 02, 2015, 12:21:54 PM »
GRRM at the game

Go Seahawks!!

Deflate the Pats!

LATER: life is meaningless and full of pain.

And that was beyond a doubt the worst play call in the history of the superbowl.
http://grrm.livejournal.com/405448.html

:dead
dude hates Bellicheck with a passion

Flannel Boy

• classic millennial sex pickle
  • Icon
« Reply #1861 on: February 02, 2015, 12:55:17 PM »
Montana is still the GOAT, but Brady is the second GOAT.

Flannel Boy

• classic millennial sex pickle
  • Icon
« Reply #1862 on: February 02, 2015, 12:59:07 PM »
What if they call three running plays in a row, and the Pats stuff them with a valiant goal line stand? That would have been a perfectly reasonable possibility, since the Pats had stopped Lynch for no gain several times in the game already.

Hell, what if they ran one running play and Lynch fumbled?
Run on second, call a time out, then throw it twice.

Were those plays in which he was stuffed designed for short yardage situations? Even if he gets stuffed, they can throw it on third down. 

He lost two fumbles all season, and he likely didn't fumble at the goal line. If he had the ball here, he'd grip it with two hands like it was the last bag of Skittles on the planet.

« Reply #1863 on: February 02, 2015, 01:23:21 PM »
I figured we'd run on 2nd, throw on 3rd and run again on 4th.

This sucks, but can't dwell on it. :-/
野球

eleuin

• perennial loser
« Reply #1864 on: February 02, 2015, 01:27:58 PM »
Tom Brady is a mastermind, threw that pick to injure lane so they could pick on Simon for 3 TDs

You run it 4 times with beast mode and live with your decision, if you can't get 1 yard you deserve the L

« Reply #1865 on: February 02, 2015, 01:30:30 PM »
Tom Brady is a mastermind, threw that pick to injure lane so they could pick on Simon for 3 TDs

You run it 4 times with beast mode and live with your decision, if you can't get 1 yard you deserve the L

We didn't have enough time and enough time outs for three Beast runs, but I agree with the sentiment.
野球

Great Rumbler

• Dab on the sinners
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #1866 on: February 02, 2015, 01:51:17 PM »
AIA, there's hope for your boy next season:

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/12267487/johnny-manziel-cleveland-browns-entering-rehab-improve-himself

CLEVELAND -- Johnny Manziel entered treatment on Wednesday, adviser Brad Beckworth told ESPN.com on Monday through a spokesman for the Browns quarterback.

"Johnny knows there are areas in which he needs to improve in order to be a better family member, friend and teammate, and he thought the offseason was the right time to take this step," Beckworth said.

The quarterback is voluntarily entering treatment as a direct result of his lifestyle away from the field, and he informed people in his circle last week that he wants to "figure out his value system," a source said.

:neogaf
dog

Am_I_Anonymous

• And I'm pretty sure fuck you (italics implied)
« Reply #1867 on: February 02, 2015, 01:53:27 PM »
 :fbm
YMMV

Phoenix Dark

« Reply #1868 on: February 02, 2015, 01:56:49 PM »
Conveniently reported after the Super Bowl, guaranteeing maximum coverage. Fuck this.

Am_I_Anonymous

« Reply #1869 on: February 02, 2015, 02:01:00 PM »
You would prefer we discuss how the Lions will be dismantled this year due to b-tier level cap planning?

YMMV

ToxicAdam

• captain of my capsized ship
« Reply #1870 on: February 02, 2015, 02:07:50 PM »

Human Snorenado

• Stay out of Malibu, Lebowski
  • Icon
« Reply #1871 on: February 02, 2015, 02:08:16 PM »
We should only be talking about how dreamy Tom Brady is for the next week

:heh
yar

Brehvolution

• Until at last, I threw down my enemy and smote his ruin upon the mountainside.
« Reply #1872 on: February 02, 2015, 02:14:54 PM »
Did Greg Roman sneak into the OC box and call that last play? :hitler
©ZH

eleuin

• perennial loser
« Reply #1873 on: February 02, 2015, 02:54:18 PM »

We didn't have enough time and enough time outs for three Beast runs, but I agree with the sentiment.
oh, thought you guys had 2 TOs for some reason.

CajoleJuice

• kill me
  • Icon
Re: NFL 2014-2015 Thread: SUPER BOWL - GOAT CHOKE
« Reply #1874 on: February 02, 2015, 06:24:22 PM »
http://www.theonion.com/articles/god-fuck-russell-wilson,37911/

THE HEAVENS—Following the game-ending interception against the New England Patriots in Super Bowl XLIX, God Almighty, Creator and Supreme Ruler of the Universe, confirmed Monday that He “can’t fucking stand Russell Wilson” and that the Seattle Seahawks star quarterback “can go fuck himself.” “I hate Russell Wilson, so fuck him, and fuck the Seahawks,” said the Heavenly Father, adding that Jermaine Kearse’s incredible catch on Seattle’s final drive was indeed a case of divine intervention, but only so Wilson could then throw an interception that cost his team the Super Bowl. “I mean, the look on his face right after I made him throw that pick on the goal line was just priceless. He’s so fucking annoying, so I wanted to get his hopes up and then crush him in front of the whole world. Self-righteous little prick.” Despite subsequently allowing the Patriots to win their fourth Super Bowl title, God also clarified that Tom Brady, Bill Belichick, and Robert Kraft are all “dirty fucking cheats” who will spend an eternity in Hell after they die.
AMC

Phoenix Dark

« Reply #1875 on: February 02, 2015, 07:19:32 PM »

kiss your daughter on the lips brehs

CatsCatsCats

• 🤷‍♀️
« Reply #1876 on: February 02, 2015, 07:23:59 PM »
:yeshrug

TakingBackSunday

• Banana Grabber
« Reply #1877 on: February 02, 2015, 07:58:11 PM »
Since when is it weird to kiss your kids on the lips?
püp

Joe Molotov

• I'm much more humble than you would understand.
  • Administrator
« Reply #1878 on: February 02, 2015, 08:02:18 PM »
We already know you kiss family members on the lips.  :-*
©@©™

Himu

« Reply #1879 on: February 02, 2015, 08:03:33 PM »
Since when is it weird to kiss your kids on the lips?

..............fucking ohioans, man
IYKYK

bachikarn

« Reply #1880 on: February 02, 2015, 09:38:00 PM »
The call wasn't as bad as people are making it seem. The slant was wide open and it took a ridiculous great play by the Pats DB to get that interception. People should be talking about him more cos he made one of the best defensive players in Super Bowl history.

538 does an analysis on why passing it there was marginally worse than throwing it: http://fivethirtyeight.com/features/a-head-coach-botched-the-end-of-the-super-bowl-and-it-wasnt-pete-carroll/

Brehvolution

• Until at last, I threw down my enemy and smote his ruin upon the mountainside.
©ZH

Am_I_Anonymous

YMMV

MrAngryFace

• I have the most sensible car on The Bore
o_0

Phoenix Dark

« Reply #1884 on: February 03, 2015, 11:32:29 AM »
Hold on, that still doesn't make sense. I get that they wanted to do a pass play first, and while I disagree I'll allow it. So why the hell would they run a pick play against a goal line defense, which is a recipe for disaster? Worse yet they ran an illegal one, the refs just didn't throw a flag; if they had called it that's a 10yd penalty and loss of a down.

If you're going to take a shot in the endzone to waste some time, you call a fade route. Safest endzone play - either your guys catches it or no one does. Throwing it into the defense like that was foolish. I wouldn't even want a QB with a stronger arm than Russell (Stafford, Luck, etc) to do that. They could throw a bullet into that coverage window perfectly...but there would still be too much risk (for instance what if the defender knocked the ball into the air).

I would have just run the ball, scored, and trusted my defense to stop Brady. He didn't hit too many deep passes...

Joe Molotov

• Administrator
« Reply #1885 on: February 03, 2015, 11:40:44 AM »
©@©™

ToxicAdam

« Reply #1886 on: February 03, 2015, 11:58:18 AM »
The interesting nugget about that story was that he was busted at 7am. You have to be **high as fuck** to be trolling around at 7AM and looking for pussy.

Phoenix Dark

« Reply #1887 on: February 03, 2015, 12:31:51 PM »
The funny thing is that they weren't even cops, they were legit providers. Why the fffuuuck would you argue with them in a hotel, knowing full well one call to the cops could fuck you over.  :lol

Sapp is bankrupt too btw. Brilliant way to lose a $500k/yr job.

MrAngryFace

• I have the most sensible car on The Bore
« Reply #1888 on: February 03, 2015, 03:35:32 PM »
Hold on, that still doesn't make sense. I get that they wanted to do a pass play first, and while I disagree I'll allow it. So why the hell would they run a pick play against a goal line defense, which is a recipe for disaster? Worse yet they ran an illegal one, the refs just didn't throw a flag; if they had called it that's a 10yd penalty and loss of a down.

If you're going to take a shot in the endzone to waste some time, you call a fade route. Safest endzone play - either your guys catches it or no one does. Throwing it into the defense like that was foolish. I wouldn't even want a QB with a stronger arm than Russell (Stafford, Luck, etc) to do that. They could throw a bullet into that coverage window perfectly...but there would still be too much risk (for instance what if the defender knocked the ball into the air).

I would have just run the ball, scored, and trusted my defense to stop Brady. He didn't hit too many deep passes...

No matter how long this discussion goes on, the thing that actually happened failed, the proposed 'run' everyone goes on about only had a chance to succeed, but since it never happened it never failed- so there is no reason for anyone arguing for 'run it' to concede on any point. We argue the 'run it' approach like it had 100% chance to succeed- but if it failed patriot fans would run around saying they stopped beast mode and seahawk fans would run around going OH NOES DID TEH BEAST MODE LOSE ITS MAGIC?!

If anything criticism should be placed on going into the 4th 10 ahead and putting themselves in a position where they had to make that play at all.
o_0

Joe Molotov

• Administrator
« Reply #1889 on: February 03, 2015, 03:48:21 PM »
If they gave it to Lynch and he got stuffed, then it would at least feel like they gave it their best shot and they came up short.
©@©™

Phoenix Dark

« Reply #1890 on: February 03, 2015, 04:23:15 PM »

No matter how long this discussion goes on, the thing that actually happened failed, the proposed 'run' everyone goes on about only had a chance to succeed, but since it never happened it never failed- so there is no reason for anyone arguing for 'run it' to concede on any point. We argue the 'run it' approach like it had 100% chance to succeed- but if it failed patriot fans would run around saying they stopped beast mode and seahawk fans would run around going OH NOES DID TEH BEAST MODE LOSE ITS MAGIC?!

If anything criticism should be placed on going into the 4th 10 ahead and putting themselves in a position where they had to make that play at all.

I don't think it had a 100% chance to succeed, but it had a higher chance to succeed - and more importantly: a lower chance of turning the ball over - than letting a small QB throw into the middle of a stacked goal line defense. Lynch only lost two fumbles the entire year, and neither happened on a run play. They were on the one yard line with the best power runner in the league. Who almost scored a TD on the previous play. Against a defense that had just been shocked by a demoralizing miracle catch to Kearse.

It really comes down to risk and overthinking IMO. When you're in the endzone in a game winning situation your job is pretty simple: don't turn the ball over, score. That's why teams don't pass the ball when they're yards away from game winning or tying FG yardage: they run the ball, it's the least risky call. The Seahawks took the absolute riskiest option and got burned.

Dickie Dee

• It's not the band I hate, it's their fans.
« Reply #1891 on: February 03, 2015, 09:30:07 PM »

I remember Cris Colliinsworth just seconds after the play summing up his disbelief by saying basically you give Lynch the 1 yard attempt and if he doesn't make it, so be it, you properly used all you had.
___

Phoenix Dark

« Reply #1892 on: February 03, 2015, 09:34:02 PM »
I could live with Lynch not scoring on two tries at the 1yd line. The better team would have played epic defense and beat you. Can't hate on that. There wouldn't be a large contingent of people saying "you should have thrown a fade route!" Sure, there would be some wondering why not let Russell run it...but if the best power runner in the game can't get you one yard (on two tries!), you deserve to lose.

eleuin

• perennial loser
« Reply #1893 on: February 03, 2015, 09:49:22 PM »
There's another picture of bill and his daughter with tongue  :yuck

Himu

« Reply #1894 on: February 03, 2015, 11:08:42 PM »
JJ watt is a sweetheart

Texans get 5 new coaches including Paul Pasqualoni, and Mike Devlin

http://www.houstontexans.com/news/article-2/Texans-hire-Pasqualoni-Devlin-announce-coaching-staff-changes/730a5aaa-63f3-4270-a501-5898faf6a24b

They look like really good additions!

IYKYK

bachikarn

« Reply #1895 on: February 03, 2015, 11:44:42 PM »
I don't think it had a 100% chance to succeed, but it had a higher chance to succeed - and more importantly: a lower chance of turning the ball over - than letting a small QB throw into the middle of a stacked goal line defense. Lynch only lost two fumbles the entire year, and neither happened on a run play. They were on the one yard line with the best power runner in the league. Who almost scored a TD on the previous play. Against a defense that had just been shocked by a demoralizing miracle catch to Kearse.

It really comes down to risk and overthinking IMO. When you're in the endzone in a game winning situation your job is pretty simple: don't turn the ball over, score. That's why teams don't pass the ball when they're yards away from game winning or tying FG yardage: they run the ball, it's the least risky call. The Seahawks took the absolute riskiest option and got burned.

I mean, the slant was WIDE open and the Pats made an amazing play to get the interception. The 538 article goes through the risk/reward analysis and it turns out it wasn't horrendously stupid to pass it there. I would have ran it too, but I don't think throwing against a defense that is going all out to stop the run is an unwise move.

For some reason people would be okay if they ran it and fumbled than what happened, despite the probabilities being pretty similar. Again, the Pats DB made an EXCELLENT play on the ball. That play doesn't end in an INT most times.

Also shit like "Against a defense that had just been shocked by a demoralizing miracle catch to Kearse" is complete speculation. This isn't pee-wee football, the Pats were going to play hard as fuck. If simplistic sports analysis were accurate, the Pats wouldn't have even gotten up 4 because Seattle had all the momentum in the world to start the 4th. It's actually pretty much false given the intensity that Pats DB played with at the last play.

Phoenix Dark

« Reply #1896 on: February 04, 2015, 01:43:08 AM »
Throwing wasn't the problem, the problem was throwing a slant into the middle of a defense. With a short QB. It's just a risky call when all they needed to do was waste some time.

Lynch didn't fumble once on a run play this season. That seals it to me but I do agree that passing in general wasn't a bad idea...but if you pass, do a safe pass. Fade route or screen.

Am_I_Anonymous

« Reply #1897 on: February 04, 2015, 06:32:33 AM »
Throwing wasn't the problem, the problem was throwing a slant into the middle of a defense. With a short QB. It's just a risky call when all they needed to do was waste some time.

Lynch didn't fumble once on a run play this season. That seals it to me but I do agree that passing in general wasn't a bad idea...but if you pass, do a safe pass. Fade route or screen.

Hell should have tried a flea flicker if anything it's about as reliable as a midget throwing a power side slant.
YMMV

Brehvolution

« Reply #1898 on: February 04, 2015, 08:39:48 AM »
For all the shit Sherman talked about Kap losing the SB and NFC title games on late picks.... karma is a bitch. :lawd
©ZH

Phoenix Dark

« Reply #1899 on: February 04, 2015, 10:42:44 AM »
Just read that Lynch wasn't tackled for a loss during the entire Super Bowl. He was stopped for no gain twice, out of 24 carries.

Joe Molotov

• Administrator
« Reply #1900 on: February 04, 2015, 10:45:09 AM »
He was stopped for one big loss at the end of the game by Pete Carroll, tho.
©@©™

Brehvolution

« Reply #1901 on: February 04, 2015, 02:07:02 PM »

©ZH

Himu

« Reply #1902 on: February 04, 2015, 04:49:12 PM »
http://espn.go.com/boston/nfl/story/_/id/12277589/criticism-seattle-seahawks-play-call-line-bill-belichick-new-england-patriots-says

belichick says criticism towards the Seahawks' play is out of line

What? :lol

"There has been a lot of criticism that I don't think is anywhere close to being deserved or founded," Belichick said Tuesday during his weekly appearance on sports radio WEEI in Boston. "That football team is very good, very well-coached, and Pete does a great job. "Malcolm and Brandon [Browner], on that particular play, just made a great play. I think the criticism they've gotten for the game is totally out of line and by a lot of people who I don't think are anywhere near even qualified to be commenting on it."
« Last Edit: February 04, 2015, 04:55:33 PM by Queen of Ice »
IYKYK

« Reply #1903 on: February 04, 2015, 06:36:55 PM »
No matter how many times I watch the replays, it never feels quite real to me.

The way Lockette flies away...

It's still not real to me, dammit!

Phoenix Dark

« Reply #1904 on: February 07, 2015, 04:13:47 PM »

:dead

Phoenix Dark

Re: NFL Off Season - Tears For Fears
« Reply #1905 on: February 25, 2015, 07:31:21 PM »
@AdamSchefter

Lions cut RB Reggie Bush, per source.

He had one great year here, and one riddled by injuries (ie last year). I'm fine with letting him go but definitely think he can still play. Just not behind a bad o-line like ours. Hopefully we rebuild it in the draft, and our current pieces get healthy. The last thing I want is to take an RB in the first round. Specifically Gurly.

Jeremy Langford will probably be available in the third round, why not aim for him.

Great Rumbler

• Dab on the sinners
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #1906 on: February 25, 2015, 10:39:06 PM »
So...there might be video of Dez Bryant punching a woman in the face at Wal-Mart...

Or it might be somebody else entirely in the video...

Or maybe the video doesn't actually even exist...
dog

Human Snorenado

• Stay out of Malibu, Lebowski
  • Icon
« Reply #1907 on: February 26, 2015, 12:49:57 AM »
When you make millions of dollars, you'd have to be a complete fuckwit to go into a Walmart yourself.

So, of course, I believe the news about Dez.
yar

Phoenix Dark

« Reply #1908 on: February 26, 2015, 07:56:58 AM »
Sounds more like a convenient excuse for Dallas to continue dicking around on his contract. Franchising him wouldn't be too expensive.

Am_I_Anonymous

« Reply #1909 on: February 26, 2015, 08:15:49 AM »
When you make millions of dollars, you'd have to be a complete fuckwit to go into a Walmart yourself.

So, of course, I believe the news about Dez.

He already slapped his mother.....how can we not believe this?
YMMV

Brehvolution

« Reply #1910 on: February 26, 2015, 10:27:34 AM »
You could make a very competitive team out of this free agency when all the cuts are done. It's mainly the reason why I won't plunk down a bunch of money for a Jersey.
spoiler (click to show/hide)
I still have a Terrell Owens Niners jersey.
[close]
©ZH

Am_I_Anonymous

« Reply #1911 on: February 26, 2015, 10:29:33 AM »
Wear jersey's brehs......

I actually wore one for work and never rock them shits. I even still have official gear with my name on it. (Hey I sold 218 jersey's, I was a serious big deal....ok ok....the punter had 208....)
YMMV

Brehvolution

« Reply #1912 on: February 26, 2015, 10:35:06 AM »
My brother is a big Giants fan. Whenever he buys a jersey, that player leaves in free agency 2-3 years later.

To me, when a player leaves the team it makes the jersey worthless in most cases. Exceptions being players like Montana or Rice. Somebody you would never associate with another team.
©ZH

Am_I_Anonymous

« Reply #1913 on: February 26, 2015, 10:35:55 AM »
My brother is a big Giants fan. Whenever he buys a jersey, that player leaves in free agency 2-3 years later.

To me, when a player leaves the team it makes the jersey worthless in most cases. Exceptions being players like Montana or Rice. Somebody you would never associate with another team.

Seriously, take it from me. Just get an official jersey and put your name or a funny name on it (Always like Sir Poopalot)
YMMV

Brehvolution

« Reply #1914 on: February 26, 2015, 10:40:11 AM »
©ZH

dkdk

« Reply #1915 on: February 26, 2015, 11:20:38 PM »
accepting the fact that we're stuck w/ mettenberger for the foreseeable future  :goty2

ToxicAdam

« Reply #1916 on: February 27, 2015, 12:04:22 PM »
I liked Mettenberger the best out of his QB draft class going into it. So, I'm still pulling for the guy, but right now it looks like Carr might turn out the be the best.

Am_I_Anonymous

« Reply #1917 on: February 27, 2015, 01:06:06 PM »
accepting the fact that we're stuck w/ mettenberger for the foreseeable future  :goty2

Try being a Brown's fan. We could either trade our draft away for a quarterback in the draft, neither of which I like. Or we could trade for Sam Bradford's knees, or we could resign Hoyer and do the whole Johnny Football show again.

:snoop
YMMV

« Reply #1918 on: February 27, 2015, 02:52:01 PM »

Seriously, take it from me. Just get an official jersey and put your name or a funny name on it (Always like Sir Poopalot)

Which is why I only ever own Seahawks jersey with 12 on them.

All those poor kids who got Tate jerseys in 2013 for Christmas... Or that one poor SOB with a Matt Flynn jersey.
野球

Phoenix Dark

« Reply #1919 on: March 02, 2015, 11:10:37 AM »
@jkatzenstein

Lions announce they will not use the franchise tag on DT Ndamukong Suh.

good