Author Topic: Sunset Overdrive - Now Out On PC  (Read 21816 times)

toku

• 𝕩𝕩𝕩
Re: Sunset Overdrive
« Reply #180 on: March 08, 2015, 10:24:42 PM »
My grind now lights things on fire. This game is amazing.

toku

• 𝕩𝕩𝕩
« Reply #181 on: March 09, 2015, 04:09:17 AM »
Told you.

Send me your XBL account if you haven't already.

It's "Tokubetsu" on xbl

Beezy

« Reply #182 on: March 09, 2015, 09:20:04 AM »
When are you two usually on? I beat the main game, but I've yet to play it online or complete all of the challenges.

Am_I_Anonymous

• And I'm pretty sure fuck you (italics implied)
« Reply #183 on: March 09, 2015, 03:20:07 PM »

I'm sorry but the comparison in looks between the guy who actually plays the games and the girl who's paid to be there is mindfucking me right now.
YMMV

toku

• 𝕩𝕩𝕩
« Reply #184 on: March 17, 2015, 03:39:31 AM »

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #185 on: November 15, 2018, 05:10:13 PM »
Out on PC tomorrow!

Early leaks indicate it releasing on Steam and the Windows store, with all DLC included, for $20.
ど助平

toku

• 𝕩𝕩𝕩
Re: Sunset Overdrive - Out On PC 11/16
« Reply #186 on: November 15, 2018, 05:18:01 PM »
Great price for a great game. Glad it's getting a second chance at life.

Bebpo

« Reply #187 on: November 15, 2018, 05:19:11 PM »
I actually own an $8 copy of this even though I don't have an Xbox One. This was the only exclusive left I wanted to play someday since it looks right up my alley.

spoiler (click to show/hide)
Now I can save $500 on a Xbox One X
[close]

nachobro

• Live Más
« Reply #188 on: November 15, 2018, 11:25:54 PM »
There's not even an X Enhanced version :'( so PC it is. Damn good game so I'll be happy to replay it

thisismyusername

• GunOn™! Apply directly to forehead!
« Reply #189 on: November 16, 2018, 12:46:21 AM »
Out on PC tomorrow!

Early leaks indicate it releasing on Steam and the Windows store, with all DLC included, for $20.

Hey Microsoft?

Put fucking Forza Horizon on Steam

No love,
Me who is willing to give you money but not for shitty UWP apps through your goddamn store.

Stoney Mason

• So Long and thanks for all the fish
« Reply #190 on: November 16, 2018, 01:27:18 AM »
One of my favorite games of this gen.

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #191 on: November 16, 2018, 08:26:48 AM »
Can't wait till the neogaf line gets changed to reddit or something.

WTF?  :lol 
ど助平

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #192 on: November 16, 2018, 01:33:51 PM »
It's up!

Downloading from Steam.
ど助平

Bebpo

« Reply #193 on: November 16, 2018, 02:22:17 PM »
Yep, same. It's not on the Windows store yet for some reason. Was waiting to see if it was included in game pass since I'm on that atm, but eh, I'd like to own SO permanently so picked it up on Steam anyhow.

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #194 on: November 16, 2018, 05:02:10 PM »
HOLY FUCK THIS GAME IS GREAT

ど助平

Stoney Mason

• So Long and thanks for all the fish
« Reply #195 on: November 16, 2018, 11:17:29 PM »
The movement felt so damn good in Sunset Overdrive. After sunset overdrive I couldn't play Assassin's Creed anymore. I couldn't tolerate the movement in that franchise anymore. (Haven't played the last two games so maybe its gotten better)

Bebpo

« Reply #196 on: November 17, 2018, 05:38:32 AM »
Enjoying this way less than I expected. The traversal has no weight at all and feels kinda crappy like Ratchet grinding vs something like Tony Hawk or JSR. The weapons don't feel good and then I got to the first tower defense mission and I was just like fuck this I'm out. I hate TD with a passion and didn't realize SO has TD shit.

Bebpo

« Reply #197 on: November 18, 2018, 12:05:00 PM »
Hate to say it, but after giving it another hour yesterday, this game just does not click with me.
I really like Ratchet & Clank, so the concept of the weapon system from that game with all the leveling up of weapons + customization + sandbox + JSR sounds GREAT in concept.

But I really really hate the combat in Sunset Overdrive.
The platforming is ok, I think it moves too fast and floaty for its own good and getting the collectibles never feels like much because you just zoom by them. My favorite missions so far are the platforming challenges, those give me JSR call backs (with a bit of Just Cause mini-games?) and are pretty fun.

But the combat is so boring, even with the fun weapons. The enemies are just zzzzzz and feel like spam there's so many of them. Having to always keep moving for me got old really really fast, mostly just shooting while grinding around the enemies over and over and over.

The mission design early on seems really bad too, like Insomniac's first attempt at an open world. Just feels really weak compared to their linear level design in Ratchet or even the Resistance games and the world feels really empty. This is like the early X360 sandbox era where people were jumping in before they knew how to make sandbox gaming fun. Honestly, not having playing Spider-Man yet, I think Sony was batshit insane to give an open-world Spiderman to Insomniac after SO, especially when they had another studio that actually had experience in open world superhero games with Sucker Punch and Infamous.

I'm probably done after 2 sessions and maybe 3 hours of this. It's one of those games I want to love but it just does not click with me at all and I'm not having any fun  :'(

Purrp Skirrp

• Mr. Paté
Re: Sunset Overdrive - Now Out On PC
« Reply #198 on: November 18, 2018, 09:13:33 PM »
I wanted to like this game too and even bought the white Xbox One bundle partly for it.
Between the humor rarely landing and some initially lackluster mission design—base defense with waves of spammy horde like enemies—it turned me off enough that I dropped it after a few hours.