Author Topic: Sunset Overdrive - Now Out On PC  (Read 21932 times)

G The Resurrected

Re: Sunset Overdrive
« Reply #60 on: October 12, 2014, 07:17:17 PM »
As an experiment I pre purchased this digitally. I want to see if I can use one copy at the same time for coop on two consoles. One being the home console and the other being the online only console. Its worked in the pasr , but I've never tried it with a retail game. It looks fun and reminds me of jsrf with ratchet gun play.

Cheddahz

« Reply #61 on: October 19, 2014, 11:55:24 PM »
Once the music kicks in, I get the biggest Tony Hawk Pro Skater vibe ever and I couldn't be happier about that (this is the intro for the game, so if you don't want to be spoiled, then don't watch it)

toku

• 𝕩𝕩𝕩
« Reply #62 on: October 21, 2014, 08:11:32 AM »
Saw intro gameplay on one of those yt channels. Looks pretty good.

toku

• 𝕩𝕩𝕩
« Reply #63 on: October 21, 2014, 05:49:15 PM »
"I think I want this" - me after this trailer

tiesto

• ルカルカ★ナイトフィーバー
« Reply #64 on: October 21, 2014, 11:05:29 PM »
Game looks awesome, I hope it at least comes to the PC like DR3 did, since I don't really want to (ever) buy an Xbone :P
^_^

Cheddahz

« Reply #65 on: October 23, 2014, 12:20:26 AM »
I think I'm going to hold off getting this at launch. Bayonetta 2 comes out a few days before it and while the game does look dope, I really don't feel like getting two console games around the same damn time

For anyone who is getting though, be sure to post impressions and what not, cause I'm sure I'll pick it up some time down the road!

demi

• cooler than willco
  • Administrator
« Reply #66 on: October 27, 2014, 11:27:44 AM »
Totally on board for this one. Will pick up tomorrow.
fat

sarslip

« Reply #67 on: October 27, 2014, 11:29:14 AM »
Resistance 1-3 were not good games  :shaq2

why am i sucker for an 80+ metacritic  :goty

will probably be buying this  :american :gun

Howard Alan Treesong

• キング・メタル・ドラゴン
  • Icon
« Reply #68 on: October 27, 2014, 12:18:36 PM »
乱学者

Cheddahz

« Reply #69 on: October 27, 2014, 12:32:45 PM »
Wasn't planning on picking this one up right away (money got kinda tight), but hell, I'll just pick it up Friday whenever I get paid

demi

• cooler than willco
  • Administrator
« Reply #70 on: October 27, 2014, 02:00:34 PM »
Target has free 3 month XBL with purchase. Better than nothing I suppose
fat

toku

• 𝕩𝕩𝕩
« Reply #71 on: October 27, 2014, 05:05:02 PM »
Resistance 3 was a good game.

G The Resurrected

« Reply #72 on: October 27, 2014, 05:23:21 PM »
Target has free 3 month XBL with purchase. Better than nothing I suppose

Also you can find the 3+1 month cards exclusively at target as well.

Gotta pick up my Tshirt, hat and cozy with my game tomorrow. I'll be enjoying the digital copy tonight though.

sarslip

« Reply #73 on: October 27, 2014, 05:54:29 PM »
Resistance 3 was a good game.

i really hated the invisible walls, and artificial lock-out points where you couldn't go backwards.  i like an FPS like Half-Life where they give you more space to experiment.  a good example is when R3 does the whole Ravenholm-homage from Half-Life 2, but it's not nearly as good or fun.  overall the series was really disappointing, i mean they killed off the main potagonist and no one cared. 

cool breeze

« Reply #74 on: October 27, 2014, 05:58:13 PM »

looks really fun (except for the tower defense part)

Eel O'Brian

• Southern Permasexual
« Reply #75 on: October 27, 2014, 06:00:43 PM »
Hope I don't regret using my trade credit for this.
sup

Human Snorenado

• Stay out of Malibu, Lebowski
  • Icon
« Reply #76 on: October 27, 2014, 06:26:28 PM »
Nevermind, that Sunset Overdrive bundle only comes in white

:yuck
yar

demi

• cooler than willco
  • Administrator
« Reply #77 on: October 28, 2014, 08:04:17 AM »
I might hold off on this one now that I got Evil Within and Sherlok Holmes in my possession. Will be on sale for Black Friday anyway
fat

sarslip

« Reply #78 on: October 28, 2014, 10:23:13 AM »

looks really fun (except for the tower defense part)

:mindblown

Eel O'Brian

• Southern Permasexual
« Reply #79 on: October 28, 2014, 12:16:13 PM »
This is getting really good reviews. It's a bit surprising considering all the preview writers seemed to have muted reactions to it (at best).
sup

Bebpo

« Reply #80 on: October 28, 2014, 07:03:23 PM »
Looks fun, love the use of motion blur and animations; Insomniac's also had a good "Pixar-like" animation style with their cartoony stuff. 
Going from the videos, I kind of agree with the "moves too slow" if you're looking at it from a Jet Set Radio viewpoint of fast high-speed platforming and grinding game, which it doesn't appear to be, which is fine.

I'll grab it for sure in a couple of years when I pick up a system for Crackdown 3.

BobFromPikeCreek

« Reply #81 on: October 28, 2014, 08:41:46 PM »
The Quick Look, despite Brad's game incompetence, has me REALLY wanting to play this. Ugh. Why can't this be on PC? :'(
zzzzz

toku

• 𝕩𝕩𝕩
« Reply #82 on: October 28, 2014, 09:14:26 PM »
Might grab based on yours and cheds impressions

Stoney Mason

• So Long and thanks for all the fish
« Reply #83 on: October 28, 2014, 10:19:22 PM »
Watched somebody on my friend's list stream it for a bit. It looks fun. But the kind of fun I'd rather spend a little less on for later when it goes on sale.

AdmiralViscen

• Murdered in the digital realm
« Reply #84 on: October 29, 2014, 12:40:23 AM »
This is fucking awesome

sarslip

« Reply #85 on: October 29, 2014, 07:20:21 AM »
only played the first hour or so, but i agree with others initial impressions.  the game, despite being set in an open-world setting, could not feel more unique.  it's a nice change of pace after the dreary setting of Mordor. 

the two people i was watching the opening sequences with were genuinely laughing at the jokes and giving me funny ideas for customization of the character, and generally making me feel like a kid again really. 

seems like MP would be a lot of fun too, has anyone tried it yet?

sarslip

« Reply #86 on: October 29, 2014, 08:19:20 AM »
c0dhand on xbla for anyone who wants to play, i literally dusted off the xbox one for this.  might pick up Forza 2 too. 

Stoney Mason

• So Long and thanks for all the fish
« Reply #87 on: October 29, 2014, 09:20:53 AM »
Sounds good. I hope the game does decent enough. Xbox needs more diverse games like this.

Eel O'Brian

• Southern Permasexual
« Reply #88 on: October 29, 2014, 09:48:46 AM »
Only had time to play this for about 30 minutes last night, but it's pretty fun so far. Man, does it make me feel old, though. There is so much shit happening on screen that I'm finding it hard to track, haha.
sup

sarslip

« Reply #89 on: October 31, 2014, 09:43:18 AM »
dayum, you smoked through that game!  thanks for the impressions, glad it was good, and yeah, Mordor lets you finish the open-world stuff after the end game too, which is always nice. 

waiting for this weekend, but now i gotta work half of sunday. :trash 

still free Saturday if anyone wants to try mp, i'll try to clock in as many hours as i can. 

AdmiralViscen

« Reply #90 on: October 31, 2014, 10:04:49 AM »
How long did it take you?

Also how does fast travel work? I just did the tutorial for it and it says to just press A but I'm jamming A on the map and it didn't warp me? I wound up just running back to complete the mission. I'm assuming I missed something obvious.

Cheddahz

« Reply #91 on: October 31, 2014, 10:43:59 AM »
Well, someone was selling their Day One Edition on GAF for $48 (physical copy and all that), so yeah, I just broke down and bought it

Mupepe

• Icon
« Reply #92 on: October 31, 2014, 10:45:07 AM »
I'm thinking about picking this up for just some nonsensical carnage in a dead rising 3 type way.  Do you think I'd be satisfied, Wrath?

AdmiralViscen

« Reply #93 on: October 31, 2014, 11:18:34 AM »
This is like Dead Rising Crackdown Jet Set

Beezy

« Reply #94 on: October 31, 2014, 08:39:55 PM »
Just got a Wii U and now I'm seriously considering getting a One for this game. Wrath loving it isn't helping either. :-\

Beezy

« Reply #95 on: October 31, 2014, 10:25:54 PM »
 :leon

Cheddahz

« Reply #96 on: November 01, 2014, 12:27:13 PM »
Well, the person just shipped off the game today. Time to try and complete Bayonetta 2 before Sunset shows up

TakingBackSunday

• Banana Grabber
« Reply #97 on: November 01, 2014, 01:52:40 PM »
Just got a Wii U and now I'm seriously considering getting a One for this game. Wrath loving it isn't helping either. :-\

If you end up deciding to, don't do it till November the 8th. Best buy has a bundle with this that's $350 and comes with free 1 year of Xbox Live Gold.

goddamit I don't get paid until the 11th
püp

Eel O'Brian

• Southern Permasexual
« Reply #98 on: November 01, 2014, 06:34:34 PM »
Probably a week long deal if it's from their Sunday Ad insert.
sup

Eel O'Brian

• Southern Permasexual
« Reply #99 on: November 01, 2014, 09:25:42 PM »
Do you have to do the tower defense parts to finish the game? Because I'm not going to finish the game if you do. I despise those missions.
sup

Eel O'Brian

• Southern Permasexual
« Reply #100 on: November 01, 2014, 09:30:42 PM »
I mean, seriously, who the fuck thinks tower defense is still a fun video game activity in 2014?
sup

Barry Egan

• The neurotic is nailed to the cross of his fiction.
« Reply #101 on: November 02, 2014, 08:52:06 AM »
How the fuck is not a racing game?

drunk post!!!

Beezy

« Reply #102 on: November 02, 2014, 11:40:57 AM »

If you end up deciding to, don't do it till November the 8th. Best buy has a bundle with this that's $350 and comes with free 1 year of Xbox Live Gold.
This bundle is officially $350 everywhere now. Where did you hear about the free year of Live for next weekend?

chronovore

• relapsed dev
« Reply #103 on: November 02, 2014, 02:32:15 PM »
This is like Dead Rising Crackdown Jet Set

:hyper

Beezy

« Reply #104 on: November 02, 2014, 03:34:13 PM »
Ok. I think I'll just get this online today before they sell out. The stores around me don't even have them in stock because NYC has too many fucking people...

« Reply #105 on: November 02, 2014, 06:45:31 PM »
Racing? Tower Defense? What the hell is this game?
野球

tiesto

• ルカルカ★ナイトフィーバー
« Reply #106 on: November 02, 2014, 10:33:10 PM »
Played a bit of the game today since my brother was home and brought over his Xbone. Seemed good, traversal is fun and I like the amount of color/neon the game has. Though I thankfully didn't run into any tower defense stuff while playing.
^_^

« Reply #107 on: November 02, 2014, 11:45:55 PM »
There are two phrases that turn me off on games if they're uttered.

One is RTS.

The other is Tower Defense.
野球

sarslip

« Reply #108 on: November 03, 2014, 08:59:03 AM »
There are two phrases that turn me off on games if they're uttered.

One is RTS.

The other is Tower Defense.

I'm with you on tower defense, but if it weren't mentioned here, i probably wouldn't have realized that's what i was engaging in with this game.

I wouldn't let it deter you, if you were thinking about getting it and didn't like tower defense. 

I played about five hours over the weekend, just getting collectibles and had a lot of fun.   my only problem is the protagonist's quippy cornball remarks.  like

"oh look there go some guys about to be dead"   :snoop

AdmiralViscen

« Reply #109 on: November 03, 2014, 09:37:44 AM »
The Tower Defense in this game, if that's what you want to call it, is pretty forgiving. It's really more of a horde mode and you have plenty of ammo and AOE weapons to protect your position. They can do quite a bit of damage and you still pass the mission.

Is it worth buying collectable maps or is it a waste of money? I'd rather divert those funds to actual guns and I think I heard that currency can be limited in this game.

sarslip

« Reply #110 on: November 03, 2014, 11:11:47 AM »
The Tower Defense in this game, if that's what you want to call it, is pretty forgiving. It's really more of a horde mode and you have plenty of ammo and AOE weapons to protect your position. They can do quite a bit of damage and you still pass the mission.

Is it worth buying collectable maps or is it a waste of money? I'd rather divert those funds to actual guns and I think I heard that currency can be limited in this game.

damn is it?  i am a sucker for buying all maps first.

AdmiralViscen

« Reply #111 on: November 03, 2014, 11:19:42 AM »
I think if you want to buy 100% of the overdrive-based things you have to play multiplayer, the missions don't offer enough.

sarslip

« Reply #112 on: November 04, 2014, 08:19:16 AM »
I misheard how much overcharge you get from the weekly challenges, but ah well more gameplay for me. I've collected everything and am 19 achievements away from a 100%

32 hours of game time so far. I really need to try multiplayer at some point. So I can finally buy all the weapons with the overcharge from that, got two weapons left. Bought all the clothes and amps, got gold medals in all the challenges, collected everything and basically did everything single player can give me. Took me 30 hours of gameplay with some dicking around, so not bad, especially since I'm still not tired of it.

Easily my game of the year. I recommend it to anyone and everyone who has an XBone. I really hope this sells, I want more of this. Hopefully the bundle and new price make it a big seller.

yeah i'm trying to convince a friend to bite the bullet on an xbox one.  we played 360 all the time, but the One hasnt had a lot of good exclusives until this really. 

Cheddahz

« Reply #113 on: November 07, 2014, 09:47:57 AM »
My copy of this is finally gonna show up and I'm pretty stoked on playing it

Cheddahz

« Reply #114 on: November 07, 2014, 08:42:05 PM »
GUYS, THIS GAME IS DOPE

MUSIC IS TIGHT
GAMEPLAY IS TIGHT
VISUALS ARE TIGHT
TIGHT TIGHT TIGHT

honestly though, reminds me of older tony hawk games, when you would try for hours to get the perfect line down....or that's what i've found myself doing a whole lot

Mupepe

• Icon
« Reply #115 on: November 08, 2014, 09:47:32 AM »
I'll have this in a few days. My schedule finally called down so ill have some time to play games! Hyped!

Take My Breh Away

« Reply #116 on: November 08, 2014, 01:49:36 PM »
The only beef I have with this game so far is that rolling out your weapon loadout is hard when all the enemy types are in play and keeping something that is strong against all types is hard. Fizzco Bots only have very few weaknesses so you have to dump ammo like freeze blats and dump AK-FU rounds in. Once you run out, you are fucked. Even firing High Fidelity rounds with an amp strong against bots like Freeze amps does fuck all damage. 

Also holy shit fuck Muggers and scab rushers. 

sarslip

« Reply #117 on: November 11, 2014, 09:12:20 AM »
feels good to rule over people who have lives and have played less than me.

As someone actively trying to beat your scores, I appreciate the honesty.

Holy shit, the music, disagree!  Shit is like terribad Green Day cover bands.  I had to turn it off due to the repetitive obnoxious guitar riffs, which creates the lame side effect of cutting out Sound FX from cutscenes.   :goty2 

I can appreciate the 90s MTV vibe hey were going for, but I think licensed tunes would've been welcome. 

Also people saying the dialog gets better...not sure when, cause I'm ten hours in; it still sucks, and is rife with juvenile dick humor, on par with Bulletstorm, but possibly worse.

I sound negative, but I love the gameplay.  The sweet, sweet gameplay.   
                                                                                      :mouf

« Last Edit: November 11, 2014, 09:18:09 AM by sarslip »

Cheddahz

« Reply #118 on: November 11, 2014, 11:40:49 AM »
The challenges you find through out the world have been some of the most fun I've had with a game all year

Mupepe

• Icon
« Reply #119 on: November 13, 2014, 10:13:34 PM »
Played for about an hour tonight. I plan on playing pretty much all day tomorrow. I'm having flashbacks to this time last year when I bundled up from the cold and spent hours with dead rising3. Its so damn silly that its awesome. I haven't actually lol'ed at a game in years