Author Topic: 1,000+ Pages of NeoGAF: The Story of Wasted Lives and Hardcore Salt  (Read 4858468 times)

Rahxephon91

What am I wrong about? You just said she dosen't have insider info...She literately has never passed off legit info while prancing around as if she does and is in hold of some. I'm pretty sure you can go back and find the Kotaku thread where they said FF Versus was getting a rename and she would claim thats wrong because of lord Nomura. Hell I'm sure she claimed that Stella person was still in the game and when constantly asked about it she probably did'nt have an answer until she got made because Tabata revealed all of her guesses were wrong.

Yes I would hope she would have PR contacts. She runs a pretty by the numbers rpg site. I'm sure anyone who starts up a website can also do the same thing.

If your going to pass yourself off as having actual knowledge at least know more than a Gamestop manager.
« Last Edit: August 11, 2015, 04:27:43 PM by Rahxephon91 »

Tasty

thing about Kags is that she does have insider knowledge.
She doesn't have insider knowledge, per se afaik,
:mindblown

:dead :dead :dead

Never though I'd see someone get schooled by Rahx :whew

Himu

Kagari does talk to insiders. She herself is not an insider, though, because she doesn't work for SE. Again, getting video game insider info is not that hard if you're friendly with the right people. And Kagari is friendly with the right peole. You're acting like getting SE insider contacts is an anomaly or harder than getting into college or something. As Contra said, multiple people on this forum and on this very page have SE contacts. Kagari isn't that special; stop pretending like she is. She has contacts, discussion closed. :lol
IYKYK

studyguy

I'm less interested in seeing how SE develops and more interested in seeing the final product tbh.
I don't give a shit what their directors do anymore. Just show me the game when it's out at this point or a demo I can get my hands on. Whatever.

That Nikkei or whatever report came out about Konami merking dudes careers cause they liked someone's post on facebook a while back. I'd be interested in that insider info. Not a continued discussion of SE incompetence.
« Last Edit: August 11, 2015, 04:32:01 PM by studyguy »
pause

Himu

I'm less interested in seeing how SE develops and more interested in seeing the final product tbh.
I don't give a shit what their directors do anymore. Just show me the game when it's out at this point or a demo I can get my hands on. Whatever.

Their current directors leave me cold. They have failed to create new and talented directors and staff after Gooch left. SE shot themselves in the foot. :hitler
IYKYK

Rahxephon91

She herself is not an insider, though, because she doesn't work for SE.

Well no shit.
Again, getting video game insider info is not that hard if you're friendly with the right people.

Well I don't know, I'm not in the "industry" then again I don't try to pass of my predictions as actual solid information unlike Kagari.

See unlike your Shenmue example where I guess the guy just chose not to reveal the info. Kagari likes to prade as if what she's saying is actually the written law and when it's not she just attacks SE. So even if she's an insider she seems to be a pretty shit one.

Poster: Are we going to get a big story trailer and reveal from SE for FFXV at Gamescom?

Kagari: There will be a trailer and will probably reveal stuff.

Poster:Awesome, you sure know whats going with this game.

Later when there is in fact a trailer as if no one could think that.

Poster: That trailer sucked and this game seems fucked.

Kagari: Yeah, SE WTF.

Thats how pretty much everything with her insider info plays out.
You're acting like getting SE insider contacts is an anomaly or harder than getting into college or something.
[/spoiler]Hmm? No I'm not. I'm acting like Kagari is just a mod on a video game forum who doesn't actually know whats going on in the company. I have yet to read anything from her that paid off or see her reveal anything that was actually true.

« Last Edit: August 11, 2015, 04:38:53 PM by Rahxephon91 »

Himu

Jesus fuck. Who cares.
IYKYK

zomgee

• We've *all*
I wouldn't even give it a second thought really, but logging online you'd think it was a massive conspiracy to police all thought.

Raising my 17 year old daughter you'd think the she gets her sustenance from it.
rub

Van Cruncheon

• live mas or die trying
  • Banned
if it ain't on shelves, zero fucks given. you know what ruins e3? nerd hopes and dreams.
duc

suppadoopa

As Contra said, multiple people on this forum and on this very page have SE contacts.
CONTACTS
O
N
T
A
C
T
S

studyguy

As Contra said, multiple people on this forum and on this very page have SE contacts.
CONTACTS
O
N
T
A
C
T
S
(Image removed from quote.)

pause

Great Rumbler

• Dab on the sinners
  • Global Moderator
If Kagari never passes along any information that's actually useful, does it even matter whether she has contacts or not?
dog

Kara

• It was all going to be very admirable and noble and it would show us - philosophically - what it means to be human.
Kagari-sama is playing go while y'all playing othello. Sowing disinformation, manipulating stock prices, it's all very impressive. :bow2

Kara

• It was all going to be very admirable and noble and it would show us - philosophically - what it means to be human.
When I typed sowing my phone thought I wanted to type Soweto. :snoop #freemomo

Tasty

If Kagari never passes along any information that's actually useful, does it even matter whether she has contacts or not?

Mr Gilhaney

• Gay and suicidal
Nomura is my uncle

studyguy

pause

suppadoopa

I'm Motomu Toriyama

thisismyusername

• GunOn™! Apply directly to forehead!
She's the Miss Cleo of Sony Info.

Call now and discover the release date of FF15, To-day?

:neogaf Phantom Dust gets canned.  :neogaf

I'm still angry about that.  :maf I was all set to drop $500 on an X-box but nooooooooo. Phil just had to cancel it.

bluemax

Thing about Kags is that she does have insider knowledge. I just think she blows her load too early on the info before letting the info pan out so people know wtf is going on. Often leaks are passed down from person to person to person, and you know don't always have complete concrete information because it's a game of he said she said.

How does a Game Stop clerk from Indiana have a single reputable insider source for a multi million dollar global company?
NO

Rman

Thing about Kags is that she does have insider knowledge. I just think she blows her load too early on the info before letting the info pan out so people know wtf is going on. Often leaks are passed down from person to person to person, and you know don't always have complete concrete information because it's a game of he said she said.

How does a Game Stop clerk from Indiana have a single reputable insider source for a multi million dollar global company?

From what people have said here she got PR contacts from running a FF fansite. 

Jansen

« Last Edit: August 11, 2015, 07:56:01 PM by Jansen »

Rahxephon91

I talked to the Acitivsion Sales Rep about putting the no longer requires expansion stickers on the Starcraft boxes. Guess I have a contact at Activision. Here's a scoop, there will be a CoD on the PS4 next year. May or may not be developed by Infinite Realm.

VomKriege

• Do the moron
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1094535

MUH CHAT EXPERIENCE (Image removed from quote.)

Trolls trolling trolls while trolls donate... ?
 :idont

Parsing the topic, I understand there's girls streaming on twitch that let themselves (purposefully ?) get harassed by trolls to get pity money from donors. Not sure if if I got that correctly ?
« Last Edit: August 11, 2015, 11:00:12 PM by VomKriege »
ὕβρις

Shadow Mod

• It was Tuesday
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1094535

MUH CHAT EXPERIENCE (Image removed from quote.)

Trolls trolling trolls while trolls donate... ?
 :idont

Parsing the topic, I understand there's girls streaming on twitch that lets themselves (purposefully ?) get harassed by trolls to get pity money from donors. Not sure if if I got that correctly ?

They also get money from the trolls.

Basically, it's twitch, who gives a shit.

recursivelyenumerable

• you might think that; I couldn't possibly comment
some of us still traumatized by the videogame internet argument atrocities we suffered and/or perpetrated in our wasted youths could really have used a trigger warning for the last few pages of this thread
QED

VomKriege

• Do the moron
TRIGGER WARNING :

spoiler (click to show/hide)
Activision
[close]
will release a new
Call of Duty
[close]
on
PS4
[close]
(Source : an insider at The Bore)  | OT | NO SPOILERS
ὕβρις

bluemax

NO

Jansen

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1094715

Quote from: HDgaming42;175106652
Help me out here.  I recently ordered Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate - Wii U from Amazon.ca and received what looks to me to be a resealed game.  Amazon was the seller (they're out now) and not just "fulfilled by".

Are we on the verge of another round of cost-cutting similar to when they punched holes in all the game cases to lessen their shipping weight?

Anyone with Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate - Wii U have a sealed copy they can provide a shot of for comparison?

I have many sealed games (the majority of them simply due to backlog) and not one of them looks this cheap or shoddy.

It's the kind of stuff you would see back when video stores existed and they would use some $40 shrink-wrap machine to re-wrap your purchase so you didn't feel like a heel giving your cousin a used game.

Check it out.  Here it is against another random factory sealed Wii U game.  Notice the awful seam that runs the entire length of the spine:

Back:

I called Amazon and they were quite understanding and shipped a replacement.  It is exactly the same.  I've lumped the two bastard children in with a plethora of other Wii U games I have yet to open.  Can you spot which ones I'm referring to?

It's not like the Wii U has a huge library.  I own most of it (actually found the time to play some of them) and not one has come "sealed" like this up until now.

Monster Hunter isn't a new release, and I'm finding it difficult to envision scenarios where I'm not holding re-sealed games.

Thoughts?  Experiences?  I've heard from others who say they have received re-sealed Blu-rays from Amazon (as the seller).

I'd love to know if I'm chasing a unicorn here, but I simply refuse to believe this was the official factory seal for this game...

even people that own wii u's don't want to play games on it :sabu

Great Rumbler

• Dab on the sinners
  • Global Moderator
I can't even. :goty
dog

nudemacusers

I hope 42 isn't his age
﷽﷽﷽﷽﷽

bluemax

http://m.neogaf.com/showpost.php?p=175095417

"View my shitty review on my Patreon!"

"[Going in Balls Deep is a series about the seedy sides of gaming and is not safe for work, or perhaps even life. You've been warned.]"

:kobeyuck

Wait that link to his Patreon is some NSFW article about people using some PS4 service to camwhore.
NO

Shadow Mod

• It was Tuesday
This dude knows that Tinychat exists right?

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1094766

I'm not quite sure that easy to access sex is a bad thing, would people prefer the olden days where you were pressured into getting married before you even had sex. I'm sure that encouraged some great relationships where no adultery or bitterness ensued.
« Last Edit: August 12, 2015, 02:48:08 AM by Shadow Mod »

Shadow Mod

• It was Tuesday

Kara

I want a Walter Mercado of insider info, not a Miss Cleo

Receive from me lots of leaks

But above else, lots and lots and lots of bullshit LOVE

benjipwns

• your bright ideas always burn me
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1094859
Francophones in Canada were suppressed until they had their own version of a civil rights movement. It's not so dissimilar [to the American blacks] that you can't compare them, especially if you realize that you don't choose your native language and culture, just as you don't choose your skin color.

benjipwns

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1094826

Does anyone else feel bothered by how anti-police things have gotten online?

Right off the bat since I know what people will instantly assume, so please read the whole thing.

I am aware of the abuses of police in the US and the way in which police can and do profile black people in out country. I make no excuses for it and recognize fully the need for reform which will properly train and weed out said behavior. Police are held to a high standard, as they should be. The death of Eric Garner was horrible and it ending with no consequences for his killer was eye-opening to me as to how uneven the application of justice could be in our country. One unarmed death is one too many and it would be a huge failure on our country to turn a blind eye.

With that said, this forum has become gross over the past few months. It's as if people don't recognize the need for the police, as if a sizable portion of this forum legitimately believe that if the police were just removed from the picture, places like Baltimore would be better off. I feel like legitimate anger has morphed into something else and people have lost sight of how the work police do is both dangerous and necessary. I honestly don't think I could do a job that stressful, and I doubt that many of you could either.

Mr Gilhaney

• Gay and suicidal
Quote from: BigMastadon;175117965
Does morbid obesity count?  If so.. that's mine.

http://m.neogaf.com/showpost.php?p=175117965

Oh... I've seen that username before.

Himu

Fuck the police.

:jawalrus
IYKYK

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
http://neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1094574

"Let's play JRPGs in Japanese without learning Japanese: cause it's still fun"

"6. Learning katakana helps a lot"

:huh
ど助平

Jansen

http://m.neogaf.com/showpost.php?p=175095417

"View my shitty review on my Patreon!"

"[Going in Balls Deep is a series about the seedy sides of gaming and is not safe for work, or perhaps even life. You've been warned.]"

Wait that link to his Patreon is some NSFW article about people using some PS4 service to camwhore.

"Censored looked at COCKulus #3 "Armin gets fucked""

:mindblown at linking to this on gaf of all places

Great Rumbler

• Dab on the sinners
  • Global Moderator
Even better, his avatar [presumably a picture of himself] is a bearded adult man wearing a Splatoon costume. :neogaf
dog

VomKriege

• Do the moron
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1094859
Francophones in Canada were suppressed until they had their own version of a civil rights movement. It's not so dissimilar [to the American blacks] that you can't compare them, especially if you realize that you don't choose your native language and culture, just as you don't choose your skin color.

The comparison is foolish but I think that the plight of francophones in Canada is very real (or rooted in serious grievances), irrespective of whether it is as severe as the abomination that was chattel slavery. This jockeying between victims (or their descendants) has become a really toxic component in a lot of discussions in Europe and the US, I think.
ὕβρις

FStop7

http://neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1094631

I knew Hyrule Historia would be there

benjipwns

The comparison is foolish but I think that the plight of francophones in Canada is very real (or rooted in serious grievances), irrespective of whether it is as severe as the abomination that was chattel slavery. This jockeying between victims (or their descendants) has become a really toxic component in a lot of discussions in Europe and the US, I think.
The part of the quoted post I was running with as absurd was "especially if you realize that you don't choose your native language and culture, just as you don't choose your skin color."

He doesn't seem to realize that the people who suppressed Francophones didn't choose their culture.

Steve Contra

• Bought a lemon tree straight cash
People insult French Canadians because a lot of them are assholes.
vin

benjipwns

Steven Crowder was born in Michigan but actually spent his entire childhood raised in Montreal.

QED

Kara

Quebec :preach

Tasty

:piss Montreal :piss2

Never been there, but fuck the Habs
[close]

Shadow Mod

• It was Tuesday
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1094664

I'm not advocating what they did. Body cavity search on the side of a road is fucking crazy. And feel like she probably has a good case in this sue happy america. They went too far plain and simple

BUT

am I the only one who feels like none of this shit would happen if you just comply with law enforcement requests. She was busted. Ran a stop sign. They smelled weed. Your fucking caught. Take the fucking appearance ticket. Pay your fine. Be on your fucking way. But nope. Smoke pot, run stop sign. Cops pull you over, you freak out and hide the roach down your pants or worse in your nature pocket. And deny deny deny.

The entitlement these days is astonshing. Everybody has broken some sort of law... the thing is, if you get caught, most don't for shit like this, your caught. Unlucky day for ya, now Be a man or women, be honest, and be on your way, try not to get caught next time instead of lie lie lie, hide hide hide.

Guess I'm just a old geezer.

Steve Contra

• Bought a lemon tree straight cash
I don't know what you were taught growing up but where I come from we say just comply with law enforcement requests and you won't have dirty old men shoving their paws up your lawbreaking cooter on the side of the road.
vin

tiesto

• ルカルカ★ナイトフィーバー
Kagari does talk to insiders. She herself is not an insider, though, because she doesn't work for SE. Again, getting video game insider info is not that hard if you're friendly with the right people. And Kagari is friendly with the right peole. You're acting like getting SE insider contacts is an anomaly or harder than getting into college or something. As Contra said, multiple people on this forum and on this very page have SE contacts. Kagari isn't that special; stop pretending like she is. She has contacts, discussion closed. :lol

Someone with SE contacts leak what the hell is going on with the English DQ releases, please.
^_^

Great Rumbler

• Dab on the sinners
  • Global Moderator
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1094664

I'm not sure that guy understands what the word "entitlement" actually means.
dog