Author Topic: Smash Some Bros. On 3DS And Wii U!  (Read 29581 times)

Tasty

Re: Smash Some Bros. On 3DS And Wii U!
« Reply #180 on: April 17, 2015, 01:31:53 PM »
Right... same for MGS and Pac-Man, lol.

Tasty

« Reply #181 on: April 17, 2015, 04:26:49 PM »
Yeah me 2 I love Ryo I hope they put him in smash too

His final smash can be Yumi Bakura and he uses the millunium ring 2 steal ur soul :omg

Yeti

• Hail Hydra
« Reply #182 on: April 19, 2015, 09:17:22 PM »
I don't think I want Ryu in Smash, it just seems wrong to me to have him do a hadoken simply by pressing the b button.
WDW

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #183 on: April 20, 2015, 12:01:19 PM »
I don't think I want Ryu in Smash, it just seems wrong to me to have him do a hadoken simply by pressing the b button.

No more wrong than it was having simplified controls in some home ports of CvS2 and touch-screen special moves in SSF4 3DS.
ど助平

thisismyusername

• GunOn™! Apply directly to forehead!
« Reply #184 on: June 13, 2015, 10:44:01 AM »

No more wrong than it was having simplified controls in some home ports of CvS2 and touch-screen special moves in SSF4 3DS.

Hey now, those home ports of CvS2 still needed some input. :wag

http://kotaku.com/supposed-smash-bros-leak-shows-street-fighters-ryu-in-1711085846

Andy-kun, your shit party game may be a fighting game to the FGC now. :uguu

D3RANG3D

• The Bore's Like Bot
« Reply #185 on: June 13, 2015, 03:54:09 PM »

Ryu's theme music.  :larry

TakingBackSunday

• Banana Grabber
« Reply #186 on: June 13, 2015, 04:02:57 PM »
damn, thats fucking fire.  really catchy
püp

nachobro

• Live Más
« Reply #187 on: June 13, 2015, 04:05:50 PM »
That's real good

Dude playing Ryu and Roy: http://www.twitch.tv/crediar/v/6141016
« Last Edit: June 13, 2015, 04:17:46 PM by nachobro »

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #188 on: June 14, 2015, 01:07:35 AM »
I will totally start playing this game again just for Ryu. 
spoiler (click to show/hide)
Then get bored and go back to USF4
[close]
ど助平

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #189 on: June 14, 2015, 10:59:51 AM »
Ryu, Lucas, Roy, new stages, new Mii fighter costumes (Virtua Fighter, Tekken, Mega Man.EXE, Zero, Animal Crossing, and Splatoon) are all up for sale today.  Says they should be available right now.  The servers are probably gonna get hammered.
ど助平

Tasty

« Reply #190 on: June 14, 2015, 11:18:31 AM »

- New characters: Roy [$4 per version, $5 for both versions]
- New character: Lucas [$4 per version, $5 for both versions]
- New costumes: Jackie (Virtua Fighter), Akira (Virtua Fighter), Heihachi (Tekken), MegaMan.EXE, Zero (MegaMan X), Inkling Boy and Inkling Girl, and Isabelle (Animal Crossing: New Leaf.) [$0.75 each per version, $1.15 each for both versions, $6 for all per version, $9.20 for all for both versions]
- New stage: Miiverse [free]
- Returning stage: Dreamland 64 [$2 per version, or $3 for both versions]
- Returning stages: Hyrule Castle and Peach's Castle eventually
- New feature: YouTube uploads for replays eventually
- New feature: Tourneys coming in August
- New character and stage: Ryu (Street Fighter) and Suzaka Castle [$6 per version, $7 for both versions]
- All DLC above can be purchased in a bundle for $21.96 per version, or $29.16 for both versions

All of this (except Tourneys, YouTube uploads and the latter two N64 stages) is available right now.

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #191 on: June 14, 2015, 11:24:39 AM »
Still can't get on the E-Shop.  N-Things are hammering the servers.
ど助平

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #192 on: June 14, 2015, 11:29:32 AM »
Got on the Wii U E-Shop.  This is taking forever.  It's fuckin' $43.35 to get all the content (I never bought the first round of shit) for both Wii U and 3DS.

...And it just timed out after I tried to buy it.   :lol
ど助平

Tasty

« Reply #193 on: June 14, 2015, 11:30:25 AM »

So u are ninthing then  :o

Got on the Wii U E-Shop.  This is taking forever.  It's fuckin' $43.35 to get all the content (I never bought the first round of shit) for both Wii U and 3DS.

PR said there should be a bundle option for all the DLC, $21.96 for each version or $29.16 for both.

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #194 on: June 14, 2015, 11:30:55 AM »
ど助平

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #195 on: June 14, 2015, 11:37:32 AM »

No, that's your schtick.

PR said there should be a bundle option for all the DLC, $21.96 for each version or $29.16 for both.

:ufup
ど助平

Tasty

« Reply #196 on: June 14, 2015, 11:39:16 AM »
Street Fighter® icon Ryu joins the roster of Super Smash Bros. for Nintendo 3DS / Wii U

During a special video presentation focused on Super Smash Bros. for Nintendo 3DS / Wii U, the game’s director, Masahiro Sakurai, unveiled a smashing amount of new content for the games, including two new playable characters: Ryu from the Street Fighter® series and Roy from Fire Emblem. They both join Lucas from Mother 3 as new playable fighters, and are available for download now! This additional paid content lands alongside a major software update that launched today for both systems, which also includes three new stages and many new costumes for Mii Fighters, including outfits from classic fighting series Virtua Fighter and Tekken. With these new characters, stages and costumes, top fighting game franchises Super Smash Bros., Street Fighter®, Virtua Fighter and Tekken unite for the very first time.

“Today’s update proves that the evergreen Super Smash Bros. games continue to evolve and grow with unexpected new content,” said Scott Moffitt, Nintendo of America’s Executive Vice President of Sales & Marketing. “We’re offering multiple price options and bundles for all this outstanding new content, so players can mix and match whatever characters, stages and costumes they want.”

The video presentation can be viewed in its entirety by visiting http://e3.nintendo.com/. Highlights of the update include:

Ryu from Street Fighter®: For the first time in Super Smash Bros. history, a character from the fighting game series Street Fighter® joins the battle. Iconic character Ryu, whose look in the game is based on Street Fighter II®, brings a new fighting style and feel to Super Smash Bros. for Nintendo 3DS / Wii U. Ryu’s traditional Light, Medium and Heavy attacks can be used depending on whether players tap, press or hold the buttons. Classic Street Fighter® moves like Hadoken and Shoryuken can be activated with just a one-button press, but players who enter the original button combinations from the Street Fighter® series will perform the same actions with higher damage. Ryu can be purchased in Super Smash Bros. for Wii U or Nintendo 3DS for $5.99 each, or both game versions together for $6.99. Purchase includes the bonus Suzaku Castle stage from the Street Fighter® series. This classic environment provides stable footing on the right side and a series of platforms on the left. It can also be played in Omega form, giving the stage a look and feel much like in the Street Fighter II® original.

Roy from Fire Emblem: A fan-favorite from his last appearance in Super Smash Bros. Melee for Nintendo GameCube, Roy from the Fire Emblem franchise returns to the series more powerful than ever before. Unlike Marth, Roy’s sword is stronger closer to the hilt, so he works better in close range. Roy also now has a Final Smash move in the form of a devastating sword blow. Roy can be purchased in Super Smash Bros. for Nintendo 3DS / Wii U for $3.99, or both game versions together for $4.99.

Lucas from Mother 3: As previously announced, Lucas is also available to purchase as a new downloadable character. Originating in the Japan-only Game Boy Advance RPG Mother 3, Lucas primarily uses lightning attacks to smash his opponents. Lucas can be purchased in Super Smash Bros. for Wii U or Nintendo 3DS for $3.99, or both game versions together for $4.99.

New Mii Fighter costumes: Multiple video games and characters from the past and present are represented in a new set of Mii Fighter costumes now available through the new update. Two costumes from classic fighting game Virtua Fighter are based on the Akira and Jacky characters, with Akira even maintaining his blocky polygonal look from the original game. Tekken fighter Heihachi (and his amazing hair) serves as inspiration for one costume, with additional costumes based on Isabelle from Animal Crossing, MegaMan.EXE from Mega Man Battle Network, ZERO from Mega Man X, the Inkling Girl and Boy and the squid hat from Splatoon also available. All costumes – eight in total – can be purchased in Super Smash Bros. for Nintendo 3DS / Wii U for $6, or both game versions together for $9.20. Costumes can also be purchased individually for $0.75 in either Super Smash Bros. for Nintendo 3DS / Wii U, or both game versions together for $1.15 each.

Dreamland stage: Based on the first Dreamland stage from the original Super Smash Bros. for Nintendo 64, this stage returns with a few tweaks. The Dreamland stage can be purchased in Super Smash Bros. for Nintendo 3DS / Wii U for $1.99, or both game versions together for $2.99.

Everything: Players who want every fighter, stage, outfit and accessory featured among today’s DLC releases can buy them all at once. The whole DLC pack can be purchased in Super Smash Bros. for Nintendo 3DS / Wii U for $21.96, or both game versions together for $29.16.

Miiverse stage: Available now to download for free, this new stage for Super Smash Bros. for Wii U features Miiverse posts created by players all over the world. During matches while connected to the Internet, players will see Miiverse posts appear that cheer specific fighters on from the background. These messages will be pulled from individual Miiverse communities that just opened for each Super Smash Bros. character.

Tourney mode: Scheduled to launch as part of a free update in August, two new Tourney modes are coming to Super Smash Bros. for Wii U and Nintendo 3DS. Community Tourneys let players compete for the highest points in a certain amount of time, while regular Tourneys have a specific set of rules and only happen at select times.

YouTube replays: Coming exclusively to Super Smash Bros. for Wii U at a later date, this free new feature allows players to post replay videos of their matches on YouTube. To use this feature, players must possess a Google account. Please visit http://www.smashbros.com/us/ for additional details.

Additional Super Smash Bros. amiibo: Mii Fighters are getting their own amiibo figures! When used in the game, the Mii Brawler, Mii Swordfighter and Mii Gunner amiibo characters can be configured with custom faces and players’ collected accessories and costumes. Four additional Super Smash Bros. characters are also getting amiibo: R.O.B., Duck Hunt, Mr. Game & Watch and Falco. These new amiibo will be available this September, except Falco who will be available this holiday season. Eventually, all playable characters in Super Smash Bros. will have corresponding amiibo figures, including Mewtwo, Lucas, Roy and Ryu.

Bonus Trophies: After downloading the update, in-game bonus trophies based on Ryu and Ken from Street Fighter®, Roy, Lucas and Splatoon will be available to unlock in play. Players can collect these trophies by completing All-Star mode in Super Smash Bros. for Nintendo 3DS / Wii U.

For more information about Super Smash Bros. for Wii U and Nintendo 3DS, visit http://www.smashbros.com/us/.

Remember that Wii U and Nintendo 3DS feature parental controls that let adults manage the content their children can access. For more information about this and other features, visit http://www.nintendo.com/wiiu or http://www.nintendo.com/3ds.

Tasty

« Reply #197 on: June 14, 2015, 11:40:07 AM »

No, that's your schtick.

But you said N-Things are hammering the servers... and you're hammering the servers... and I'm not... :omg

Sounds more like :ufup here breh :umad

Also fuck Mii costumes, not worth it. :ufup

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #198 on: June 14, 2015, 11:50:44 AM »
Look at the post you made above your last one.  Only N-things post PR crap.

Look at you being unable to read.  N-things can't read.
ど助平

Tasty

« Reply #199 on: June 14, 2015, 11:52:40 AM »
Well excuse me for trying to be helpful. :yeshrug

Why don't you go play Splatoon while you wait for the eShop to unclog. :sabu

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #200 on: June 14, 2015, 11:53:38 AM »
Well excuse me for trying to be helpful. :yeshrug

Trying to be helpful for Nintender stuff.  N-thing.
 :nintendo

Overwhelming evidence.
ど助平

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #201 on: June 14, 2015, 11:57:54 AM »
One hour later and I still can't get anything. 

Maybe Nintendo should have tried to get a version of Street Fighter for themselves again?   :P
ど助平

Tasty

« Reply #202 on: June 14, 2015, 12:02:34 PM »
But they already have the better fighting game anyways.

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #203 on: June 14, 2015, 12:28:03 PM »
But they already have the better fighting game anyways.

Textbook n-thing response.

ど助平

Tasty

« Reply #204 on: June 14, 2015, 12:44:52 PM »
Someone has deflection issues. :hitler

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #205 on: June 14, 2015, 01:13:36 PM »

Glad you're aware of your own problem.  There's hope...buy another console!
:heh
ど助平

Tasty

« Reply #206 on: June 14, 2015, 01:45:50 PM »

Glad you're aware of your own problem.  There's hope...buy another console!
:heh

But I have a PS3...

That reminds me, I still have TLOU in shrink wrap somewhere. Should probably got on that sometime...

Tasty

« Reply #207 on: June 14, 2015, 01:46:10 PM »

bork, you win :stahp

Resisting Amiibos until now has been relatively easy. But AC... I... can't... :stahp

Beezy

« Reply #208 on: June 14, 2015, 01:56:23 PM »
Welp, I'll be buying the bundle for both WiiU and 3DS.

nachobro

• Live Más
« Reply #209 on: June 14, 2015, 02:02:50 PM »
The one time I want something from Nintendo's online system and they drop the ball  :maf

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #210 on: June 14, 2015, 02:04:08 PM »
The one time I want something from Nintendo's online system and they drop the ball  :maf

Yup.  This reminds me of Splatoon online matches.  It's like Nintendo doesn't want me to buy or play anything.  :lol
ど助平

Beezy

« Reply #211 on: June 14, 2015, 04:25:53 PM »
Bought the bundle and also finally redeemed my Mewtwo codes. Didn't have any issues. I just had to download updates since I haven't played my Wii U or 3DS in so long.

thisismyusername

• GunOn™! Apply directly to forehead!
« Reply #212 on: June 14, 2015, 04:49:43 PM »
http://i.imgur.com/ynUqiwQ.png

bork, you win :stahp

Resisting Amiibos until now has been relatively easy. But AC... I... can't... :stahp

Animal Crossing. :kobeyuck

Just come out of the furry closet and have sex with Broseidon, breh.

Tasty

« Reply #213 on: September 30, 2015, 02:55:22 PM »

New stage: Super Mario Maker [$2.49 per version, $3.49 for both versions]
New Wii U-only stage: Pirate Ship (Brawl) [$1.99]
New 3DS-only stage: Duck Hunt [free]
New costumes: Business Suit, Toad Set, Viridi Set (Kid Icarus: Uprising), Hunter's Set (Monster Hunter), Rathalos Set (Monster Hunter), Fox Set, Captain Falcon Set [$0.75 each per version, $1.15 each for both versions, $5.25 for all per version, $8.05 for both versions]

Collection #4 (all above DLC): $7.74 for 3DS, $9.73 for Wii U, $13.53 for both versions

Patch 1.1.1 notes: http://smashboards.com/threads/magical-engimatic-land-1-1-1-patch-notes.419067/

Biggest change seems to be significantly more shieldstun for every character/attack. This is good as it de-emphasizes defensive play and should make matches go more quickly and be more exciting to watch than otherwise.

« Last Edit: September 30, 2015, 03:03:35 PM by Tasty Meat »

qq more

« Reply #214 on: October 01, 2015, 04:42:00 PM »
The Monster Hunter costumes looks pretty awesome. I bought just the DLC stages though, I always welcome more stages. (And Pirate Ship is one of the few good Brawl stages ever)

The Omega form of Pirate Ship is awesome. Love that they kept the weather cycles instead of making the stage feel a bit empty.
ok

Tasty

« Reply #215 on: October 01, 2015, 05:38:58 PM »
Yeah, love they went the extra mile for Pirate Ship, I really dig it too.

Tasty

« Reply #216 on: December 15, 2015, 05:19:53 PM »
BAYONETTA IN SMASH :lol

demi

• cooler than willco
  • Administrator
« Reply #217 on: December 15, 2015, 05:34:14 PM »
Cloud Amiibo about to be worth $200 on ebay
fat

Tasty

« Reply #218 on: December 15, 2015, 05:52:09 PM »
58 fighters
84 stages
99 costumes
97 hats
743 trophies
507 music tracks

Trent Dole

• the sharpest tool in the shed
« Reply #219 on: December 15, 2015, 05:52:56 PM »
What is the total cost for all the DLC for this game?
Hi

Bebpo

« Reply #220 on: December 15, 2015, 05:53:20 PM »
Smash has 58 fights and 84 stages these days?

That's pretty cool. 

Tasty

« Reply #221 on: December 15, 2015, 05:54:06 PM »

Tasty

« Reply #222 on: December 15, 2015, 05:54:40 PM »
What is the total cost for all the DLC for this game?

Including all the Mii costumes and shit? Probably like $60 or something.

Tasty

« Reply #223 on: December 15, 2015, 05:59:06 PM »

:dead

Mods Help

« Reply #224 on: December 15, 2015, 06:02:04 PM »
Even I'm tempted to give this thing a shot at this point, but playing a fighter with analog stick is yuck.

Tasty

« Reply #225 on: December 15, 2015, 06:05:43 PM »
Cloud (character), Midgar (stage), Chocobo (Mii costume) and Geno (Mii costume) will be out tonight.

Tasty

« Reply #226 on: December 15, 2015, 06:15:00 PM »
EVO NEXT YEAR IS GONNA BE FUCKING INSANE :lawd

Mods Help

« Reply #227 on: December 15, 2015, 06:26:16 PM »
My local FGC place has an entire room for the Smash players. Next time I drop by I'm asking them to teach me how to play. It looks similar to KOF in that there's different kinds of hops for distance and different offense tactics.

It looks complicated. Far more complicated that SF.

Bebpo

« Reply #228 on: December 15, 2015, 06:45:11 PM »
Any chance they'll put out a GoTY edition with all the DLC?  Does Nintendo do that kind of thing?  Still haven't picked up Smash U.

Rahxephon91

« Reply #229 on: December 15, 2015, 07:30:19 PM »
It's still Smash which I find to be trash, but all it took was them adding non Nintendo characters that I care about to at least make the game bearable. I'll probably get Bayo and Cloud.

Tasty

« Reply #230 on: December 15, 2015, 07:53:31 PM »
My local FGC place has an entire room for the Smash players. Next time I drop by I'm asking them to teach me how to play. It looks similar to KOF in that there's different kinds of hops for distance and different offense tactics.

It looks complicated. Far more complicated that SF.

I find SF more complex because of the button memorization needed to perform moves. In Smash, what you see is what you get. I couldn't comment on whether one is more complex than the other, though you're right in that Smash is deeper than most give it credit for.

Give it a serious shot. I can't imagine the difficulty in adjusting to analog control for movement, but in general terms it feels natural to me. Though, as a kid I had the damndest time trying to sprint consistently (fast/hard 100% tilt left or right.) Once I got that down Smash felt a lot more fluid. Mapping double jumping to a button press might also help you out.

(And actually, go into the controller settings and play around. There's a ton of options there.)

It's also important to memorize your characters' aerials (another thing that tripped me up as a kid.) Back then they felt totally a random and I was way more prone to button mash to get the one I wanted. :lol

I'm not sure if I should suggest starting with Ryu or not. He's a lot closer to SF than the other characters (obviously), but that hint of Smash difference could generate an uncanny valley effect and fuck you up.

Any chance they'll put out a GoTY edition with all the DLC?  Does Nintendo do that kind of thing?  Still haven't picked up Smash U.

Anything's possible.

It's not a perfect comparison, but they did put out a retail release of NSMBU + New Super Luigi U (DLC add-on.)

Tasty

« Reply #231 on: December 15, 2015, 07:59:24 PM »
Personally, I was really hoping for more retro stages. :-\ There weren't any characters I really wanted to see after Mewtwo and Lucas (except maybe Snake, Ice Climbers, and Ridley (for lols)) but there were like a dozen stages from 64, Brawl, and Melee I would have loved to seen brought back. Even 3DS stages ported to Wii U (and vice versa.)

Oh well, the amount of content is insane anyways. First world problems. :)

mormapope

• WHADDYA HEAR, WHADDYA SAY
« Reply #232 on: December 15, 2015, 08:42:04 PM »
In Smash, execution and reflexes are a lot more important. In Street Fighter, mindgames and spacing/footsies is a lot more important. Street Fighter is simple but hard to master. Smash seems to be really hard to master outright.
OH!

Mods Help

« Reply #233 on: December 15, 2015, 08:50:35 PM »
Smash is more complicated because there's more variables.

You not only have your character, over 50 of them.

On top of characters, to be competitive, you have to have rudimentary knowledge of over 80 stages, and given Smash's stage design, this almost as important as preparing for match ups.

You also have a block meter like in Blaz Blue.

In SF, there really aren't that many moves. You've got normals, specials and supers, but for the most part, these are the same moves they've had since SF2, so I guess I'm too used to it after playing SF since 1992. Also, while you have quite a number of moves, only a handful are ever useful at any given time.

Morma is on the money about Smash being hard to master period.

Mods Help

« Reply #234 on: December 15, 2015, 09:00:22 PM »
Tell me Smash aerials and all the jump attacks don't remind you of KOF hops. :lol

Both are execution heavy offensive-based fighters.

Yeti

• Hail Hydra
« Reply #235 on: December 15, 2015, 09:01:14 PM »
Why are there six Fire Emblem characters and still only one F-Zero character?  :doge
WDW

« Reply #236 on: December 15, 2015, 09:07:09 PM »
Because the new Fire Emblem comes out in February, around the same time as the character.

On top of characters, to be competitive, you have to have rudimentary knowledge of over 80 stages, and given Smash's stage design, this almost as important as preparing for match ups.

This depends on how your locals play. Lots of people I know use Omega mode competitively, which basically turns any stage into the token "Final Destination" layout of a flat surface decorated with the theme's normal stage stuff but no hazards or platforms.

mormapope

« Reply #237 on: December 15, 2015, 09:07:42 PM »
I'd say the main difference with jumping and hops in KoF versus Smash is how punishment for aerials works for both games.

In KoF, the timing of your anti air on the ground or in the air depends on the type of jump someone does. If you time it for a regular jump, but the other person hops, they will be able to sneak in their attack. If someone is spamming a projectile from full screen, the super jump will get you right in their face and you punish them quite easily. Forgot if you can hop backwards. If you can, that adds to spacing/footsies.

In Smash, jumping is a means for traversal around the stage to get in more advantageous positions for your moveset, or for mindgames. How you punish jumping in Smash depends entirely on your own position and how you position yourself against your opponent. Punishment relies on how you position yourself with your moveset, rather than just your moveset. 
OH!

mormapope

« Reply #238 on: December 15, 2015, 09:09:35 PM »
Execution is important in King of Fighters, but it isn't that important I'd say. A lot of normals are fantastic for footsies, and heavy normals can do a lot of damage. Doing the correct jumps/footsies for the right scenario is definitely more execution based than doing combos.
OH!

Beezy

« Reply #239 on: December 15, 2015, 09:43:23 PM »
Bayonetta?!!! :lol :hyper :heartbeat