Author Topic: It's 20XX and people are mad online about Star War!  (Read 555101 times)

Madrun Badrun

• twin-anused mascot
Re: It's 20XX and people are mad online about Star War!
« Reply #4800 on: December 30, 2019, 12:40:37 AM »
benji said they will probably never deal with the ramifications of the blip.  I said this was a silly thing to expect given the supporting evidence that 1) it was already a minor part of a movie already out and 2) the next set of tv shows and movies seem like they will deal with this.   There is no contradiction there. 

BIONIC

• Virgo. Live Music. The Office. Tacos. Fur mom. True crime junkie. INTJ.
« Reply #4801 on: December 30, 2019, 12:41:01 AM »
9 > Rogue One > Solo > Watching TVC fetish videos > 7 > 8
Margs

Boredfrom

« Reply #4802 on: December 30, 2019, 12:46:52 AM »
benji said they will probably never deal with the ramifications of the blip.  I said this was a silly thing to expect given the supporting evidence that 1) it was already a minor part of a movie already out and 2) the next set of tv shows and movies seem like they will deal with this.   There is no contradiction there.

Why say “is a silly thing to expect” when you could say “you are wrong, here are the examples”. It sounds more like you being dismissive of Benji wanting to see the ramifications of the snap until you suddenly remembered that the ramifications of the Snap was a minor part of the new spider man film and the shows can deal with unimportant side stuff like half of the universe population  being gone for five years.

benjipwns

• your bright ideas always burn me
« Reply #4803 on: December 30, 2019, 12:53:15 AM »
Wait, do they actually call it The Blip in Far From Home? That's fucking hilarious if they're going to refer to it as that from now on. :lol

Madrun Badrun

• twin-anused mascot
« Reply #4804 on: December 30, 2019, 12:53:35 AM »
Why say “is a silly thing to expect” when you could say “you are wrong, here are the examples”.

Because it depends on what he means by being dealt with.  Spiderman might not sufficiently deal with the issue to fully support the argument and the tv shows are not out yet.

It sounds more like you being dismissive of Benji wanting to see the ramifications of the snap until you suddenly remembered that the ramifications of the Snap was a minor part of the new spider man film and the shows can deal with unimportant side stuff like half of the universe population  being gone for five years.

I have no idea why you got that from what I said - nothing I said should lead you to thinking this.  I could watch 10 movies just dealing with snap stuff.

edit:  Did you think that what I said meant it was silly to expect the MCU to deal with the blip?

shosta

• Y = λ𝑓. (λ𝑥. 𝑓 (𝑥 𝑥)) (λ𝑥. 𝑓 (𝑥 𝑥))
« Reply #4805 on: December 30, 2019, 12:53:37 AM »
It feels like about time for something to come out of left field and take the world by storm. And yet considering the monopoly disney has on the market, the over-reliance on brands of past success still being a thing, and how much of filmmaking has moved to streaming I dunno if that is even possible or matters.
it's time for the Shanghai film industry to disrupt movie making :preach
每天生气

Madrun Badrun

• twin-anused mascot
« Reply #4806 on: December 30, 2019, 12:57:26 AM »
Wait, do they actually call it The Blip in Far From Home? That's fucking hilarious if they're going to refer to it as that from now on. :lol

They do call it that and ya its hilarious.  My friend pointed out that it should have been an acronym for something scientific but its kind of a hard thing to find a good name for.

thisismyusername

• GunOn™! Apply directly to forehead!
« Reply #4807 on: December 30, 2019, 12:57:49 AM »
Phase 4 is going to be the true make-or-break for the MCU. I have some interest in a few of the films (Guardians vol. 3, Spiderman, and Black Widow's solo-outing-that-should've-been-before-Captain-Resting-Bitch-Face-That-Was-Advertised-And-Only-In-Endgame-for-10-minutes-while-ScarJo-Is-In-For-45-Mins-Or-So-And-Fucking-Dies-No-I'm-Not-Bitter-Why-Do-You-Ask?)

The west chasing China money is fucking stupid and I wish it'd stop, on another note. Star Wars doing it for hilarious flops, Magic: the Gathering doing it (for good reasons in expanding their brand, but honestly: They could've just did Core Set 2020 in Simplified or Mandarin Chinese and see if that took instead of Queerbaiting/erasing Chandra's sexuality), etc.

And all the time, their Queerbaiting/erasure films/properties flop in that market. It's so very :preach to watch that shit flop because "what if we have gays in this!? CHINA WOULDN'T LIKE THAT!" and surprise! China doesn't like it anyway.

thisismyusername

« Reply #4808 on: December 30, 2019, 01:05:19 AM »
Fuck China, fuck Epic, fuck their spyware storefront and other shit (hi, TikTok!), and most of all Fuck the Jannies (who do it for free). :kermit

Boredfrom

« Reply #4809 on: December 30, 2019, 01:06:06 AM »
. Did you think that what I said meant it was silly to expect the MCU to deal with the blip? 

I mean, why say:

is is a pretty silly thing to expect.

That was the impression you give me.

As you now claim you could just said :  “You are wrong Benji. This was referenced...” or “You are right Benji, this was just a silly minor plot point in the Spider-Man film.”

My whole argument is that sentence doesn’t make sense if you wanted either just reaffirm or refute Benji opinion of the Snap not being expected to be explored at all. Given you questioned others intelligence of being “bad look” for not following simple Marvel plots I thought your opinion was being outright dismissive before remembering this stuff was actually deal with in a minor way.
« Last Edit: December 30, 2019, 01:10:58 AM by Boredfrom »

benjipwns

« Reply #4810 on: December 30, 2019, 01:11:53 AM »
I think China Don't Care™ as much as Hollywood thinks and my headcanon is that a bunch of it is just to fuck with people. I mean the stuff the CCP requests not what fails at theatres or whatever. Especially when the explanation is supposed to be like a side character is black so Chinese people avoid it.

Then again, Will Smith was the lead and Suicide Squad wasn't allowed to be released in China so maybe it's true.

Madrun Badrun

• twin-anused mascot
« Reply #4811 on: December 30, 2019, 01:18:34 AM »
Nah man.  1)   Maybe 'This is a pretty silly thing to expect.' is an ambiguous reference on its own but combined with the following sentence it is not.  The charitable reading is the reading which makes the whole thing make sense not the one where you see a contradiction. You choose the uncharitable version. 2)  "As you now claim you could just said"  that is not what I said at all.  I said that there is supporting evidence to say he was wrong but it depends on how much supporting evidence he needed and that most of that supporting evidence is in stuff that is not out yet and hence could be wrong.  3) "As you now claim you could just said" and "It sounds more like you being dismissive of Benji wanting to see the ramifications of the snap until you suddenly remembered that the ramifications of the Snap was a minor part of the new spider man film and the shows can deal with unimportant side stuff like half of the universe population  being gone for five years.":  you keep on making it like I am changing my arguments all the time - no idea where you are getting these things from.  Again you are assigning me uncharitable intentions.

Come on dude, this is not my first dance...

Live footage of your dance

BIONIC

« Reply #4812 on: December 30, 2019, 01:19:07 AM »
The ChiComs already have large stakes in several major Hollywood studios.

The war is already lost :chinacry
Margs

Boredfrom

« Reply #4813 on: December 30, 2019, 01:25:28 AM »
You just said that it was foolish to expect any reaction

No, that was benjipwns position which I was arguing against.  Miss reading posts and not being able to follow simple MCU stories in a single post is a bad look.

Quote from: Madrun Badrun
2)  "As you now claim you could just said"  that is not what I said at all.  I said that there is supporting evidence to say he was wrong but it depends on how much supporting evidence he needed. 

Because it depends on what he means by being dealt with.  Spiderman might not sufficiently deal with the issue to fully support the argument and the tv shows are not out yet.

Dude, you could just say "I misspoke about that part. My point still stands" than insult anyone intelligence.

Maybe you should stop gaslighting people and try to not be affected by minor stuff like people pointing you contradicting yourself.

Madrun Badrun

• twin-anused mascot
« Reply #4814 on: December 30, 2019, 01:26:46 AM »
I think racism in china is a lot like western racism in that black people are fine on screen but not in the streets:  I don't think China is banning films based on black people being in them.  But they will totally ban anything with homosexuality and that's not acceptable.  I think we will see a lot of push back from actors on studios abandoning LGBT  this decade. 

Boredfrom

« Reply #4815 on: December 30, 2019, 01:28:13 AM »
I think racism in china is a lot like western racism in that black people are fine on screen but not in the streets: I don't think China is banning films based on black people being in them. But they will totally ban anything with homosexuality and that's not acceptable.  I think we will see a lot of push back from actors on studios abandoning LGBT  this decade.

They ban films because skeletons are there...

benjipwns

« Reply #4816 on: December 30, 2019, 01:29:33 AM »
Don't the Furious movies make a lot of money in China? Do cars outweigh a diverse cast? How does this China thing work?

benjipwns

« Reply #4817 on: December 30, 2019, 01:34:11 AM »
Black Panther seems to have done fine:
Black Panther was the top film in South Africa for seven weeks,[245] where it became the highest-grossing film ever.[246] It also became the highest-grossing film of all time in West and East Africa, and the southern Africa region,[242][247] and the highest-grossing superhero film ever in the Netherlands.[205] As of April 8, 2018, the film's largest markets were China ($104.6 million), the United Kingdom ($67.7 million), and South Korea ($42.8 million).
Black Panther opened in China ($66.5 million) with the fourth-highest MCU and superhero opening ever in the country. This included the biggest opening day and opening weekend ($7.3 million) of March for IMAX in China.
That's with it coming out a month later than everywhere else so probably half of China had pirated it by that point.

Madrun Badrun

• twin-anused mascot
« Reply #4818 on: December 30, 2019, 01:36:13 AM »
You just said that it was foolish to expect any reaction

No, that was benjipwns position which I was arguing against.  Miss reading posts and not being able to follow simple MCU stories in a single post is a bad look.

2)  "As you now claim you could just said"  that is not what I said at all.  I said that there is supporting evidence to say he was wrong but it depends on how much supporting evidence he needed. 

Dude, you could just say "I misspoke about that part. My point still stands" than insult anyone intelligence.

Maybe you should stop gaslighting people and try to not be affected by minor stuff like people pointing you contradicting yourself.

Buddy, I'll stop insulting your intelligence when you stop being dumb.  I did not misspeak.  I did not contradict myself.  Nor was the original post that ambiguous.  You're right that I could have written it with a sentence more at your grade level. 

Boredfrom

« Reply #4819 on: December 30, 2019, 01:39:09 AM »
 :umad

Again:

Stoney Mason

• So Long and thanks for all the fish
« Reply #4820 on: December 30, 2019, 02:47:10 AM »
So watched Rise of the Skywalker. I'll  just do a quick summation thing and maybe later expand on the specific points when I feel like it.

Read no posts in this thread nor any reviews online. Watched no trailers. The only thing I knew coming in through cultural osmosis what that the reception was mixed.

Yeah its a mess. Both a mess in and of itself but the larger mess is the way disney handled the trilogy which lead to this inevitable mess. In this day and age, if you want to make a franchise you have to have a vision, and an idea where you are going from the start. Instead Disney just gave each movie to the directors and said do whatever you want. And ROS is what you get when that is your process.

The Force Awakens I've always liked. I think it potentially set the table well and lead to a lot of potential avenues. I was always mixed on the The Last Jedi, mainly because right then and there, I realized it had not set the table very well for whatever was the last movie. So instead this movie tries to pretend like the Last Jedi never happened and that can't work. Even if you didn't like what the Last Jedi did, you can't follow up that movie with this movie. It doesn't work. This movie is just a bunch of stuff crammed in there to both setup and finalize a story while at the same time paying fan service to the 8 movies that came before. It's just a jumbled mess every step of the way.

The actors try their best. Poe, Rey, Finn, Kylo. They are still all likeable. But you can't just salvage a poor plotted story with likable people. Charisma only gets you so far. On a larger scale, they need to re-invent what Star Wars is for a modern audience. You just can't rely on nostalgia and doing to the same stuff over and hope nostalgia covers the day. I'll compare it to Star Trek. Star Trek Discovery is a modern show for modern times. I'm glad they just didn't try to do TNG rebooted nostalgia. Maybe the Mandalorian is the way forward. While that show has plenty of nostalgia going for it, it still feels more modern in its goals and storytelling than something like ROS felt. At its best it feels gritty and post modern in a way that ROS can't commit to. ROS basically felt like it was beholden to some vision of what Star Wars is supposed to be and what had come before. And you can't be that slavish with entertainment. Entertainment has to change. And that's the lesson Star Wars movies will have to learn.

Madrun Badrun

• twin-anused mascot
« Reply #4821 on: December 30, 2019, 03:16:16 AM »
I honestly expect it to go bad in season 2 by just trying to be too safe and not move the story.

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #4822 on: December 30, 2019, 05:40:38 AM »
Exactly as I thought, they wanted her to team up with Leia.

Apparently this movie wasn't Plan A, Plan B, Plan C but Plan E at this point.
https://twitter.com/vulture/status/1211354722172620801

"Ok, so in the next scene Lando helps Finn and Poe infiltrate the Star Destroyer and..."
"I'm sorry Mr. Abrams but I can't walk up and down stairs or ramps also I do believe it is time for my nap"

"Mr. Ford, next up Leia and Han share a hug and..."
"This is embarrassing to bring her back like that, you have your scene with me and Adam, I'm leaving"

"Alright honey, now you stand here in front of this green screen and talk to Leia about what you discovered on Exce... Excogol"
"But Mr. Terrio I find it hard to do this with no one to talk to don't we have a stand in... ?"
"Well dear just imagine that this... broomstick is Carrie Fisher"

"Hi JJ how is my Star Wars coming along"
"We shot all the scenes Bob but editing this thing is a nightmare, the Leia CG isn't working, Lando is less mobile than we thought and there's of course the problem of Hamill and Ford hating our guts so no reshoots"
"And what about the boy?"
"Adam Driver did good sir, we can certainly use those scenes"
"Good.... NOW KILL HIM our research tells us we don't want cisgender relationships on screen or the age old trope of a man saving a woman"
"Kylo Ren dies but Ben Solo lives Mr. Iger and they set off into the sunset together on Tatooine it is a very moving scene, possibly the best in the film"
"KILL HIM, THROW HIM DOWN THE SHAFT IF YOU HAVE TO!, DO IT!"
"He survives that sir..."
"THEN REVERSE THE SCENE!!!!"
« Last Edit: December 30, 2019, 05:55:17 AM by Nintex »
🤴

chronovore

• relapsed dev
« Reply #4823 on: December 30, 2019, 06:00:15 AM »
lol this movie was a fucking mess but goddamn I enjoyed it all the same.  It felt like fan fiction

Complete waste of what TLJ established but eh. 

TFA: 7/10
TLJ: 8.5/10
ROS: 6/10

:respect

chronovore

• relapsed dev
« Reply #4824 on: December 30, 2019, 06:21:40 AM »
(Image removed from quote.)

People complain about Rose being marginalized, but DJ didn't even show up in ROTS.

Man, this was such a shitty character.

As characters go, he was fine, but having him disappear entirely from TROS is pretty telling that Disney wanted to get away from any kind of nuance morals in storytelling.

Uncle

• Have You Ever
« Reply #4825 on: December 30, 2019, 06:46:32 AM »

People complain about Rose being marginalized, but DJ didn't even show up in ROTS.

As characters go, he was fine, but having him disappear entirely from TROS is pretty telling that Disney wanted to get away from any kind of nuance morals in storytelling.

no it's proof they have no patience for both-sidesism

DJ shows up like "ohhhh whatabout this though, both sides are doing bad things by funneling money into arms dealers" and disney rightfully said fuck ooooooffffff
Uncle

thisismyusername

« Reply #4826 on: December 30, 2019, 06:55:06 AM »
Wasn't he just a minor character in Last Jedi anyway? "Oh, I'm safe/code-cracker! BUT I'M GONNA BETRAY YOU! TEE-HEE!"

Seemed like a one-and-done plotpoint character that didn't really matter to the bigger universe/another film(s).

BIONIC

« Reply #4827 on: December 30, 2019, 07:49:52 AM »

When I think of nuanced and morally gray characters the stuttering cunt from TLJ is what first comes to mind ::)
Margs

Tasty

« Reply #4828 on: December 30, 2019, 08:52:56 AM »
And ROS is what you get when that is your process.

It's kind of annoying we have two RoS's in this franchise now.

Yeah yeah everyone will settle on TRoS for this one but it's still a dumb title and a dumb acronym.

Tasty

« Reply #4829 on: December 30, 2019, 08:53:41 AM »
Wasn't he just a minor character in Last Jedi anyway? "Oh, I'm safe/code-cracker! BUT I'M GONNA BETRAY YOU! TEE-HEE!"

Seemed like a one-and-done plotpoint character that didn't really matter to the bigger universe/another film(s).

So did Phasma but they had to bring her back for some reason.

(Probably because it was the only marketable toy for TLJ.)

Tasty

« Reply #4830 on: December 30, 2019, 08:56:23 AM »
Star Trek Discovery is a modern show for modern times.

:jeanluc

Discovery is warmed over mid-2000s action "scifi" schlock, ALSO doing it's damndest to pander to the "originals" (remember Spock??)

The effects are the only thing modern about it.

Great Rumbler

• Dab on the sinners
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #4831 on: December 30, 2019, 09:05:56 AM »
RELEASE THE BENJISALES CUT
dog

Tasty

« Reply #4832 on: December 30, 2019, 09:11:09 AM »
Writer Chris Terrio:

In Return of the Jedi, you have this line, “There is another.”

You mean Empire? :social2

Madrun Badrun

• twin-anused mascot
« Reply #4834 on: December 30, 2019, 10:45:21 AM »
I'd rather have stargate google effects. 

Tasty

« Reply #4835 on: December 30, 2019, 10:54:08 AM »
> The Modell sector, which the Endor system is part of, is apparently “rife with hyperspace anomalies” that are responsible for dumping everything from interstellar detritus to even starships in and around the gas giant and its nine primary moons. Those anomalies seemingly also deposited the falling Death Star debris elsewhere in the sector, saving Endor from a fiery, apocalyptic fate

Lulz. Basically "a wizard did it."

Tasty

« Reply #4836 on: December 30, 2019, 11:03:46 AM »
https://www.ign.com/articles/2019/12/24/star-wars-the-rise-of-skywalker-makes-kotors-darth-revan-canon

Interesting development. Does this retroactively reincorporate KOTOR/II/TOR into the canon?

Hm, I guess if it's like Thrawn, probably not.

FWIW the cinematics for two of the expansions are some Darn Good Star Warz. (They tell two angles of the same "story.")

:bow Blur :bow2

Madrun Badrun

• twin-anused mascot
« Reply #4837 on: December 30, 2019, 11:04:53 AM »
As reported by ScreenRant, the official Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker Visual Dictionary reveals that each 5,000-strong legion of Emperor Palpatine's Sith Troopers, which are part of his Final Order, are named after an ancient Sith Lord.

:lol :lol :lol  that's like the trashiest way of referencing previous work.

Coffee Dog

« Reply #4838 on: December 30, 2019, 11:08:09 AM »
https://www.ign.com/articles/2019/12/24/star-wars-the-rise-of-skywalker-makes-kotors-darth-revan-canon

Interesting development. Does this retroactively reincorporate KOTOR/II/TOR into the canon?

FWIW the cinematics for two of the expansions are some Darn Good Star Warz.

Kotor already is basically canon anyway. People keep attempting to make connections to it either in reference materials or through the various CG television shows. It was bound to happen eventually.

Tasty

« Reply #4839 on: December 30, 2019, 11:08:10 AM »
As reported by ScreenRant, the official Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker Visual Dictionary reveals that each 5,000-strong legion of Emperor Palpatine's Sith Troopers, which are part of his Final Order, are named after an ancient Sith Lord.

:lol :lol :lol  that's like the trashiest way of referencing previous work.

Hey man, all he had was time down there. You'd get bored too.

It's like the Sith equivalent of posting your Final Fantasy ranking.

Madrun Badrun

• twin-anused mascot
« Reply #4840 on: December 30, 2019, 11:09:09 AM »
And the KOTOR stuff is weird.  Wonder if Disney realizes that starwars might be more profitable as a video game franchise. 

Tasty

« Reply #4841 on: December 30, 2019, 11:14:20 AM »
And the KOTOR stuff is weird.  Wonder if Disney realizes that starwars might be more profitable as a video game franchise. 

EA:

Tripon

• Teach by day, Sleep by night
« Reply #4842 on: December 30, 2019, 11:19:44 AM »
People already forgetting how Battlefront II went?  :steiner

Also, there is a Star Wars game literally on store shelves right now.

BIONIC

« Reply #4843 on: December 30, 2019, 11:21:52 AM »
KOTOR I&II are the best things to come out of this wretched franchise :tocry
Margs

Madrun Badrun

• twin-anused mascot
« Reply #4844 on: December 30, 2019, 11:25:01 AM »
People already forgetting how Battlefront II went?  :steiner

Also, there is a Star Wars game literally on store shelves right now.

Isn't the new one selling like hot cakes?

MMaRsu

• Administrator
« Reply #4845 on: December 30, 2019, 11:31:25 AM »
KOTOR I&II are the best things to come out of this wretched franchise :tocry

Jedi Knight II?
What

MMaRsu

• Administrator
« Reply #4846 on: December 30, 2019, 11:34:33 AM »
What about this tho

What

Stoney Mason

« Reply #4847 on: December 30, 2019, 11:53:21 AM »
Also finished up the Mandalorian. I've already talked about how I generally feel about that show in the past, but overall I quite liked the first season. My complaint would be that they need to embrace longer form storytelling which they seem hesitant to do for whatever reasons but as a piece of entertainment season one was enjoyable. Not sure how long you can stretch this particular plotline of the show over multiple seasons so that will be the question. Baby Yoda was a fun thing but that quickly can become a deadend especially when the public falls in love with something.

CatsCatsCats

• 🤷‍♀️
« Reply #4848 on: December 30, 2019, 11:59:41 AM »
I kinda liked it

Stoney Mason

« Reply #4849 on: December 30, 2019, 12:17:32 PM »
TFA: Makes you remember how Star Wars FEELS when you're a kid

TLJ: Makes you realize what stupid shit Star Wars is as an adult

TROS: Makes you understand the blatant nostalgia cash grab bullshit Disney is pulling on you

For me it goes back to the idea that you can't do ROS after the Last Jedi. Tonally and theme wise those two are polar opposites. They should have made Johnson do the third one. As I said, I don't even much care for The Last Jedi (for mostly separate reasons than the fanbase) that movie has a completely different world view than the Force Awakens. So the whiplash between the two visions doesn't work at all. Either commit to what Rian Johnson wants or commit to JJ and let him set up the 2nd movie for the third movie instead of what happened which is trying to make two movies in one to replace the setup the last jedi didn't do.

I know it wasn't quite this simple as all these people had different schedules and such but Disney of course has the money to throw around and just get what they want. But they decided not to. And that is the bigger failing rather than an individual director's take on what Star Wars is.

ToxicAdam

• captain of my capsized ship
« Reply #4850 on: December 30, 2019, 12:50:20 PM »
Hindsight is 20/20, but it would've been cool if Disney did a bunch of one-offs for the first 6-7 years leading into a trilogy of mainline movies.  I had such high hopes for the franchise coming out of Rogue One and would've gladly plopped down money to watch other movies (with unknown characters) set in the universe.

But I can also see the other side where you want to lock in your cast right away and then utilize all the original cast before they pass away.

But it didn't work for me. I wanted new and different and they constantly beat me over the head with familiarity. Rian had the right instincts, but just executed it unevenly.

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #4851 on: December 30, 2019, 01:06:47 PM »
It was rushed.
Iger wanted 1.5 years between the movies. JJ and the boys wanted 3.
Iger settled for 2 and JJ said 'ok' but added he wouldn't do all 3.

TFA rolls along, the soft reboot they wanted. TLJ rolls along and during filming LucasFilm was very impressed by Rian Johnson working and staying on schedule. Writing and directing the thing all by himself.
So LucasFilm offered him his own trilogy before TLJ was out. Then TLJ was released and it was.... less good than they anticipated.

Around the same time Colin Trevorrow had wrote a script for TROS that Kennedy didn't like. They briefly brought in Jack Thorne of Harry Potter fame to rewrite Colin's script.
However, both Kennedy and Colin didn't like what he had done with it. So Colin said he would go and fix it himself but he was fired instead and Terrio was brought on board as a writer to create a new script. 
Presumably that was the Disney/Iger intervention. Shortly after taking on Terrio they asked JJ to direct as he would be the safest bet to get the movie out on time. But at that point they had already wasted 2 years on pre-production.

A delay was probably too expensive and with most of the cast being done with the project and some already difficult to get on set there probably wasn't a lot of time for reshoots either.
They pretty much rushed it to release. Figuring that as seasoned film makers they could 'save' it in the edit even if the script was wonky at times.
It's probably why they filmed multiple endings and went back with just Ridley and a skeleton crew to film another Tatooine scene after already having filmed one with Driver and Ridley together.
🤴

MMaRsu

• Administrator
« Reply #4852 on: December 30, 2019, 02:51:19 PM »

I love this guys Lucas impression

also Maclunkey wtf???????
« Last Edit: December 30, 2019, 03:00:27 PM by MMaRsu »
What

Tasty

« Reply #4853 on: December 30, 2019, 03:05:36 PM »
I'm wondering how scummy Collider can get with these deepfakes and how far they'll try pushing it before someone notices and tells them to knock it the fuck off.

Tasty

« Reply #4854 on: December 30, 2019, 03:06:41 PM »
Actually isn't profiting off someone else's likeness without permission, hm, not legally kosher?

Rufus

• 🙈🙉🙊
« Reply #4855 on: December 30, 2019, 03:16:04 PM »
Parody is safe.

For now. 

TakingBackSunday

• Banana Grabber
« Reply #4856 on: December 30, 2019, 04:55:22 PM »
"i'm the spy" made me laugh harder than it should've
püp

kingv

« Reply #4857 on: December 30, 2019, 05:16:40 PM »
I guess my hot take is Mandalorian is pretty goddamn safe in every aspect. It's like you have a good piece of chicken but no spices to really give it flavor. None of the dialogue, cinematography and framing, action scenes, literally anything stands out. It's very baseline in all of it's aspects. It's an enjoyable watch, but by no means is it "interesting" for lack of a better word.

Agreed. If this is what Disney thinks will carry Disney+, imo, people will get tired of Disney+ content quickly.

It’s like a more boring, but higher budget Netflix show.

Tasty

thisismyusername

« Reply #4859 on: December 30, 2019, 05:29:21 PM »

FWIW the cinematics for two of the expansions are some Darn Good Star Warz.

Kotor already is basically canon anyway. People keep attempting to make connections to it either in reference materials or through the various CG television shows. It was bound to happen eventually.

KotOR 1/2 are the only good Star Wars Lore things (I hesitate to say games, because Jedi Outcast/Republic Commando exists) so it makes sense Disney would throw a bone to folks after jettisoning the Expanded Universe the first time.