Author Topic: minor inconveniences that are not struggles  (Read 885287 times)

chronovore

• relapsed dev
Re: minor inconveniences that are not struggles
« Reply #6960 on: March 14, 2019, 01:53:54 AM »
Turned down by a total of five agencies for rooms in share houses; gonna hafta look at more money to rent a studio and be entirely on my own

That's just fucked-up.   :-\

On Monday, when the first place had me come all the way in to the office for a meeting, and then turned me (politely) aside, I was sad.

The next two dismissive notes arrived, I was depressed.

The next two arrived, and I got angry, and determined to make a Plan B. That's where I am right now, except my allergies have made me stupid.

Stupid and angry?  Shit, I may end up voting for tRump.

team filler

• filler
  • filler
« Reply #6961 on: March 14, 2019, 04:27:46 AM »
might need new headphones, left side keeps making staticy sound  :-\

skullstorm

« Reply #6962 on: March 14, 2019, 12:35:31 PM »
Got a loaner phone while mine is being serviced, which will take around two weeks, great. So the phone that I have now is a Huawei (with a cracked screen  :yuck) , we'll see how long it takes for me to get used to this after only ever using Samsung smartphones... To be honest I was expecting to get a dumb phone as a loaner or some super old smartphone so I can't really complain.

Now I'm just dreading how badly the service firm is gonna screw me  :-\ If they decide whatever is wrong with it isn't covered by the warranty I'll flip  :maf

I'm a Puppy!

• Knows the muffin man.
« Reply #6963 on: March 20, 2019, 01:49:46 PM »
I hate having English be my second language. I mean evidently when I tell my team "Please update the excel sheet on sharepoint, it's the bible" They take it to mean "Please come up with your own excel sheet that has nothing to do with the excel sheet I told you about."

Must be my heavy accent.  :(
que

brawndolicious

• Nylonhilist
« Reply #6964 on: March 20, 2019, 05:52:28 PM »
But Puppy, you're The Excel Guy™. I mean sure, they can enter some stuff into their own sheets but you would be so much faster so it would just make sense to give everything to you to unmerge, reformat, and paste correctly. It's just synergistical.

nachobro

• Live Más
« Reply #6965 on: March 24, 2019, 11:32:13 AM »
i don't know if its alarm system or some low battery thing but something in my neighborhood has been making a beep-beep noise every 15 seconds for the past 12 hours and it's slowly killing me.

nachobro

• Live Más
« Reply #6966 on: March 24, 2019, 11:54:06 AM »
the worst social experiment of all time :gloomy

Madrun Badrun

• twin-anused mascot
« Reply #6967 on: March 24, 2019, 12:11:55 PM »
i don't know if its alarm system or some low battery thing but something in my neighborhood has been making a beep-beep noise every 15 seconds for the past 12 hours and it's slowly killing me.

Have you left your neighborhood in that time? 

nachobro

• Live Más
« Reply #6968 on: March 24, 2019, 12:15:58 PM »
I was sleeping for a lot of that so I really can't account for all 12 hours. i did hear it in my dreams a few times though which was pretty disturbing.

Oblivion

« Reply #6969 on: March 24, 2019, 07:21:36 PM »
Was invited to hang out at a bar and then dinner last night when I really, really didn't want to and wound up spending over $40. :fbm

:piss having friends :piss2

HardcoreRetro

• Punk Mushi no Onna
« Reply #6970 on: March 26, 2019, 03:06:34 PM »
Get a month of PSN+ cause you're sick of fighting Orphan of Kos in Bloodborne. Beat him on my own anyways. :S

Oh well, might as well play the COD4 remaster since it's one of the games this month.

I'm a Puppy!

• Knows the muffin man.
« Reply #6971 on: March 26, 2019, 05:04:33 PM »
Tried a new Kebab shop. It SUCKED. I mean how do you screw up kebabs?! :fbm
que

Madrun Badrun

• twin-anused mascot
« Reply #6972 on: March 26, 2019, 05:21:30 PM »
I feel really really bad - like breathing is really hard and my head feels like it's going to explode. It feels the worst after eating.  Not sure if its an anxiety thing or a physical thing.  Not going to the doctor though.  If I suddenly stop posting we can assume it was a heart attack. 

CatsCatsCats

• 🤷‍♀️
« Reply #6973 on: March 26, 2019, 05:23:24 PM »
Look at this Canadian privilege fuck, go to the doctor

Yeti

• Hail Hydra
« Reply #6974 on: March 26, 2019, 11:22:08 PM »
Yes flaunt your socialized health care system in our faces
WDW

Olivia Wilde Homo

• Proud Kinkshamer
« Reply #6975 on: March 29, 2019, 06:59:48 AM »
:aah no matter how much you advance, no matter how hard you work, no matter how many things you see through to fruition, it’s always a great feeling when you get reminded that you aren’t shit and there’s others less capable who will be your boss.
🍆🍆

nachobro

• Live Más
« Reply #6976 on: April 01, 2019, 12:25:29 PM »
got the shits from some sus chinese food :'(

Great Rumbler

• Dab on the sinners
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #6977 on: April 01, 2019, 12:48:10 PM »
Got stung on the hand by a wasp yesterday. :goty

Fortunately, I'm not allergic, but it hurt like hell for a good ten minutes.
dog

Raist

• Winner of the Baited Award 2018
« Reply #6978 on: April 01, 2019, 01:33:04 PM »

Lies, wasp and bee venom is known to cause only very minor pain to dogs.

I'm a Puppy!

• Knows the muffin man.
« Reply #6979 on: April 01, 2019, 03:17:30 PM »
I think I've finally broken Spotify. The only thing it's giving me is 70's disco in my Discover weekly. I don't even remember the last time I listened to anything disco??
que

Joe Molotov

• I'm much more humble than you would understand.
  • Administrator
« Reply #6980 on: April 01, 2019, 03:24:02 PM »
I think I've finally broken Spotify. The only thing it's giving me is 70's disco in my Discover weekly. I don't even remember the last time I listened to anything disco??

https://www.altpress.com/news/spotify-disco-april-fools-day/

Haha, it's funny because the service you pay for doesn't work right.
©@©™

I'm a Puppy!

• Knows the muffin man.
« Reply #6981 on: April 01, 2019, 03:26:13 PM »

https://www.altpress.com/news/spotify-disco-april-fools-day/

Haha, it's funny because the service you pay for doesn't work right.
Fuck everything!!

:rage
que

I'm a Puppy!

• Knows the muffin man.
« Reply #6982 on: April 01, 2019, 07:46:42 PM »
"Puppy! We need an urgent meeting on subject x! Does 9am tomorrow work?"
Me: "No. For that I need my offshore lead, 9am is too late for her and I won't have her work that late. If not her, then I'll need my architect and he'll be on a plane tomorrow morning until after noon. So no. 9am doesn't work. Either move it earlier or move it to Wednesday."
"Thanks Puppy!"

<two minutes later I get an invite for tomorrow at 9:30am>
 :iface

Guess I'll be showing up tomorrow to the morning to be like "Yeah, that's all cool. I'll need my offshore lead or my architect. Shame we couldn't have this meeting when they could have attended." :trumps
que

Crash Dummy

• teleiophile
« Reply #6983 on: April 03, 2019, 03:39:46 AM »
lol don't waste your time and just decline the invite, tell the organiser to include the other people and let him/her have fun coordinating across multiple time zones

chronovore

• relapsed dev
« Reply #6984 on: April 03, 2019, 07:45:44 PM »
Moving today.
Enjoying the idea of being in a new place, but it’s still MOVING.

PACKING EVERYTHING SUCKS. Even when it’s just a single room’s worth of stuff.

shosta

• Y = λ𝑓. (λ𝑥. 𝑓 (𝑥 𝑥)) (λ𝑥. 𝑓 (𝑥 𝑥))
« Reply #6985 on: April 03, 2019, 07:51:39 PM »
Staying in Tokyo or moving to be closer to おくさん?
每天生气

chronovore

• relapsed dev
« Reply #6986 on: April 03, 2019, 08:05:19 PM »
Staying in Tokyo or moving to be closer to おくさん?

I'm moving to another spot in Tokyo. It's a nice spot, near Kichijoji, but somehow cheap rent.

…probably haunted.  :lol

Raist

« Reply #6987 on: April 04, 2019, 01:07:01 AM »
I'm expecting weekly reports on the ghost situation, with shaky video footage and all that.

:bolo

chronovore

• relapsed dev
« Reply #6988 on: April 04, 2019, 08:20:49 AM »

Guess I'll stick with singleplayer instead of multiplayer. And do my IMGUR viewing on my phone…?

I'm a Puppy!

• Knows the muffin man.
« Reply #6989 on: April 04, 2019, 02:26:47 PM »
lol don't waste your time and just decline the invite, tell the organiser to include the other people and let him/her have fun coordinating across multiple time zones
Oh no. I don't play that. I totally went. And when they asked me questions I was like "Wish I could help you. But the resources I needed on this meeting aren't here."
And then the executive was "Well why aren't they here?"
I said, "Yeah, organizer, why aren't they here? Would you please explain why?"
And then watched them stammer that they didn't know, and I was like "Akshually, I sent you an email telling you specifically that this time wouldn't work. Remember that?"
They were like "uhhh"
"I can bring it up if you'd like to see. You actually replied to it, so I know you got it. Did you happen to forget? I know you're very busy."

This shouldn't happen with this idiot again.
que

nachobro

• Live Más
« Reply #6990 on: April 04, 2019, 02:35:53 PM »
i appreciate that level of petty lol

shosta

« Reply #6991 on: April 04, 2019, 02:38:52 PM »
It's that dumbass's fault for scheduling puppy
每天生气

I'm a Puppy!

• Knows the muffin man.
« Reply #6992 on: April 04, 2019, 03:41:55 PM »
Sounds like it was other people's time that was wasted though.
Was it though? I mean, I think everyone learned an important lesson.
:snob
que

chronovore

• relapsed dev
« Reply #6993 on: April 04, 2019, 07:43:56 PM »
Myself, I would have first written one more mail clarifying that the resources would not be available at that time, but otherwise would have done what Puppy did.

Tell a man he's foolish, you've put him in his place for a day. Show that man's boss how foolish he is, you've put him in place for the next evaluation period.

nachobro

• Live Más
« Reply #6994 on: April 04, 2019, 08:24:11 PM »
but is my image really furthered if someone else's isn't diminished?

Olivia Wilde Homo

• Proud Kinkshamer
« Reply #6995 on: April 04, 2019, 08:25:19 PM »
I just decline and explain why in one or two sentences. This also works for the people who schedule a meeting right on top of another meeting and get a red ass when they find out that I’m not going to drop everything for them. My work schedule is a nightmare though lol...
🍆🍆

Bebpo

« Reply #6996 on: April 05, 2019, 10:25:38 PM »
Been having a lot of mental & physical breakdowns lately because work. We did an analysis of 2018 Jan - March vs. 2019 Jan - March and in 2018 we opened 60 cases at our office between 3 attorneys, in 2019 we opened 120 cases between 3 attorneys. We hired a 4th attorney and they started this week but just meant extra work for me in training and kind of explaining everything I do in all my work items (I tend to explain everything detail because that's just how I am).

Hopefully next week they'll start being able to do some stuff that otherwise I'd work on and thus save me some time. But even at full speed, 4 isn't double 3 and 120 is double 60 so long term solution I dunno. We can hire a 5th attorney but we have a lot of issues with office space as we have a lot of non-attorney employees now. Moving our entire office to a new space would be very...difficult. But we rent out offices in our suite to other attorneys not related to our firm and all of them are in their 70 & 80s, so if they retire at some point...we'll take back the space and have room to put new attorneys.

This sort of goes a long way to explaining these new migraines I've been diagnosed with as they sorta relate from all the stress. It's good that I enjoy being alive a lot, otherwise might start thinking some bad thoughts on the only way to get out of all of this. A lot of times feels like I'm always trying to get my head above water. I try to get out of the office by 5-5:30, but somehow I'm always there until 7pm+ and then taking care of house chores, dinner, exercise, some gaming, sleep and back at it first thing the next morning. I have very little life right now.

If I can't figure it out I think my mid-term goal is just to save up a few million while trying to not die from all this stress, move to the midwest and coast off savings, interest & investments and spend my time designing little indie videogames in my 50s/60s.

shosta

« Reply #6997 on: April 05, 2019, 11:34:15 PM »
best of luck, beps. ps that's a struggle, don't diminish your own adversities.
每天生气

Bebpo

« Reply #6998 on: April 06, 2019, 12:40:18 AM »
Thanks Shosta. Btw I was driving by somewhere the other day that had a giant Shasta sign and it just made me think that if it had said Shosta I'd have gotten a picture and sent it to you.

Crash Dummy

• teleiophile
« Reply #6999 on: April 06, 2019, 06:55:33 AM »
Oh no. I don't play that. I totally went. And when they asked me questions I was like "Wish I could help you. But the resources I needed on this meeting aren't here."
And then the executive was "Well why aren't they here?"
I said, "Yeah, organizer, why aren't they here? Would you please explain why?"
And then watched them stammer that they didn't know, and I was like "Akshually, I sent you an email telling you specifically that this time wouldn't work. Remember that?"
They were like "uhhh"
"I can bring it up if you'd like to see. You actually replied to it, so I know you got it. Did you happen to forget? I know you're very busy."

This shouldn't happen with this idiot again.
well that's one way of dealing with this, as long as the exec doesn't think you're an idiot too for wasting their time

Oblivion

« Reply #7000 on: April 11, 2019, 02:56:47 AM »
One of my upper front teeth are starting to be translucent. Ugh.

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #7001 on: April 12, 2019, 09:45:44 AM »
Got back from vacation in NYC yesterday.  It was a fun trip, but one thing kinda sucked- our hotel.  It's one of those "hip and trendy" places clearly targeted at a younger crowd who just wants to party instead of sleeping- the lobby area has a bar right when you walk in and a DJ is there playing music all night.  The top floor is also a lounge of some kind.  Combine these with what are apparently private room parties, and sleep becomes a rare commodity in some rooms. 

Our first night there was fine, but then on Monday night around 11 PM, loud, thumping bass-heavy techno starts blasting.  I thought it was coming from the room next door and didn't do anything because I was completely exhausted/half-sick and just didn't care.  Woke up feeling like shit the next day and hoped it was a one-time thing.  It wasn't and when we got back to the hotel close to midnight, the music was blasting again and it was worse than before.  Complained to the front desk and they sent security up.  A few minutes later, the music gets louder and they tell me "we found the source of the problem and it should be better now."  :lol  At this point, we realized it wasn't just hitting our room and could be heard anywhere on the floor, so it must be from a club or a party.  Told them it was worse and offered to let them in the room to hear.  Someone else then called and offered us an upgrade to a more expensive/bigger room for free, which was off on another side of the building and nice and QUIET.  It even had a white noise machine installed. 

Another thing we got to hating were the elevators.  We were on the 10th floor initially and for whatever reason, the elevators would not register button presses to that floor 80% of the time.  We'd get on with staff and they'd just go "yeah, it's like that...good luck!" or "just go to the 11th floor and walk down the emergency exit!"

Not a place we're gonna be staying at again.   :dizzy
ど助平

nachobro

• Live Más
« Reply #7002 on: April 12, 2019, 10:10:57 AM »
We stayed in a place like that for Wrestlemania one year and it was a weird experience. No clue who think this is a good idea but it doesn't make for a great hotel :lol

team filler

• filler
  • filler
« Reply #7003 on: April 12, 2019, 10:34:28 AM »

Raist

« Reply #7004 on: April 12, 2019, 02:55:52 PM »
bork's kryptonite:

- deliveries
- hotels

nachobro

• Live Más
« Reply #7005 on: April 12, 2019, 03:18:37 PM »
god forbid he ever orders a pizza to his hotel room

Raist

« Reply #7006 on: April 12, 2019, 05:05:25 PM »
god forbid he ever orders a pizza to his hotel room

shosta

« Reply #7007 on: April 12, 2019, 10:41:16 PM »
Got home from work and decided to take a shower. The water heater didn't seem to be working, so I turned the knob all the way to the left. It started to get warmer, and I got in. Then suddenly the water heater started working in overdrive, and it got unbearably, scaldingly hot, and I had to retreat to the far end of the shower. I didn't want to jump out and get water all over the floor, so I tried to angle my leg around the stream of water and turn the knob with my foot. Unfortunately I angled myself wrong and took a full blast of boiling hot water right to the dick head.  :-\

An hour later and shit still burns. Definitely not going to be able to fap tonight, and maybe not tomorrow either.
每天生气

CatsCatsCats

• 🤷‍♀️
« Reply #7008 on: April 12, 2019, 11:01:28 PM »
I showered this morning, stay safe

Madrun Badrun

• twin-anused mascot
« Reply #7009 on: April 12, 2019, 11:22:19 PM »
"No baby, it's just red because of the shower.  We can still do it.  See I even made a post about it to my cool friends."

spoiler (click to show/hide)
"and two of them liked my red penis"
[close]

Tasty

« Reply #7010 on: April 15, 2019, 04:46:17 PM »
Posted in real struggle thread.

BisMarckie

« Reply #7011 on: April 15, 2019, 06:01:36 PM »
Have the week off and caught a cold. :goty

Had a cold like a month ago. That‘s just bullshit.  :maf

HardcoreRetro

• Punk Mushi no Onna
« Reply #7012 on: April 17, 2019, 12:27:47 PM »
Get a mortar and pestle.

HardcoreRetro

• Punk Mushi no Onna
« Reply #7013 on: April 17, 2019, 03:52:48 PM »
Just check a damn thrift shop if you're that strapped for cash.

CatsCatsCats

• 🤷‍♀️
« Reply #7014 on: April 17, 2019, 05:06:51 PM »
Go find some smooth stones at some river I guess

skullstorm

« Reply #7015 on: April 17, 2019, 05:08:38 PM »
You can get a spice grinder from Ikea for like 6 euros, and most likely for just as cheap from a lot of other places. Maybe not the best quality but likely good enough for some puny seeds.

And if you don't want to keep on eating the seeds I'm sure you can think of other stuff to use the grinder for.

agrajag

« Reply #7016 on: April 17, 2019, 05:39:21 PM »

paw*

skullstorm

« Reply #7017 on: April 17, 2019, 06:42:18 PM »
anyways i bought a damn mortar and pestle, quit bugging me

Display that shit, girls will go wild

BisMarckie

« Reply #7018 on: April 24, 2019, 12:52:22 PM »
Went to the car wash yesterday because my car was full of pollen.
It is raining today. :beli

BisMarckie

« Reply #7019 on: April 24, 2019, 01:58:38 PM »
Wasted 10 bucks and an hour of my life. :goty