Author Topic: Struggle Thread mk II - No one likes us, we don't care  (Read 533224 times)

Kara

• It was all going to be very admirable and noble and it would show us - philosophically - what it means to be human.
Re: Super Struggle Thread II: Turbo
« Reply #480 on: July 28, 2015, 12:22:05 AM »
Got my second ticket in less than a week for expired tabs.

They both came after I renewed my registration :(

Did you move while leasing a vehicle? I recently had something similar happen (but I wasn't ticketed because #whiteexcellence) because even though I changed my address with the DMV immediately after moving I was supposed to change my car's address too because apparently cars have separate addresses when they're leased.

bluemax

« Reply #481 on: July 28, 2015, 01:43:53 AM »
Got my second ticket in less than a week for expired tabs.

They both came after I renewed my registration :(

Did you move while leasing a vehicle? I recently had something similar happen (but I wasn't ticketed because #whiteexcellence) because even though I changed my address with the DMV immediately after moving I was supposed to change my car's address too because apparently cars have separate addresses when they're leased.

No but I got a new job. So now I'm parking on the street in Venice every day and the cops seem to be ticket happy around here.
NO

Madrun Badrun

• twin-anused mascot
« Reply #482 on: July 28, 2015, 06:15:11 PM »
I always thought Robespierre was a cool young dude. :ohhh

ya

spoiler (click to show/hide)
[close]

Kara

• It was all going to be very admirable and noble and it would show us - philosophically - what it means to be human.
« Reply #483 on: July 28, 2015, 06:49:39 PM »
Agreed to meet with a prospective new client that I really couldn't bill if engaged because of the nature of their needs, how they came in contact with me, and perhaps most importantly, I don't want to have a link to on paper.

Be me y'all. :goty

Madrun Badrun

• twin-anused mascot
« Reply #484 on: July 28, 2015, 06:52:09 PM »
You can't turn down the mob dude.  Just do it and start thinking about where you would like to witness protection at.

Rufus

• 🙈🙉🙊
« Reply #485 on: July 28, 2015, 06:56:41 PM »
He's right, this might be your ticket to Switzerland.

Madrun Badrun

• twin-anused mascot
« Reply #486 on: July 28, 2015, 06:59:15 PM »
And if you're lucky, from there you might talk the Germans into sending you onto Russia.

Kara

« Reply #487 on: July 28, 2015, 07:03:00 PM »
He's right, this might be your ticket to Switzerland.

Or an unmarked grave. :ohhh

Madrun Badrun

• twin-anused mascot
« Reply #488 on: July 28, 2015, 07:04:40 PM »
Well at least that would have reasonable living costs. 

Purrp Skirrp

• Mr. Paté
« Reply #489 on: July 28, 2015, 07:09:10 PM »
Become cronies already. I regret not going into business with a fuckboi from Schenectady who had cartel connects. Gave him a fake # instead :sheik

Sometimes you just gotta burn all that is your life and start anew. Boredom and safety can lead to stagnation :idont

Kara

« Reply #490 on: July 28, 2015, 07:16:13 PM »
Real talk: I would work for the mafia and may have unintentionally done so already.

king of the internet

• 🚽
« Reply #491 on: July 28, 2015, 07:18:16 PM »
Day drunk-ish

bluemax

« Reply #492 on: July 28, 2015, 11:48:15 PM »
Well at least that would have reasonable living costs.

In Los Angeles? Not likely.
NO

Madrun Badrun

• twin-anused mascot
« Reply #493 on: July 29, 2015, 12:00:11 AM »
Goddamn yuppies driving up the prices of unmarked graves.

Madrun Badrun

• twin-anused mascot
« Reply #494 on: July 29, 2015, 12:03:50 AM »
I sat on my own cock.  I was attempting to sit down for a pee and I was parallel parking my ass to the seat, but some how my dick got traction with the front of the toilet seat and bent over itself.  I then panicked, mid park, and tired to both continue the sit down while scooting forward which ended up with my dick in between the seat and my own ass. 

Madrun Badrun

• twin-anused mascot
« Reply #495 on: July 29, 2015, 01:11:10 AM »
Not this time.

chronovore

• relapsed dev
« Reply #496 on: July 29, 2015, 05:40:36 AM »
I sat on my own cock.  I was attempting to sit down for a pee and I was parallel parking my ass to the seat, but some how my dick got traction with the front of the toilet seat and bent over itself.  I then panicked, mid park, and tired to both continue the sit down while scooting forward which ended up with my dick in between the seat and my own ass.
Sounds like you've accidentally trained your junk. You shouldn't be practicing this move so much:
 :nsfw
http://www.soundonsight.org/wp-content/uploads/2013/10/tumblr_meim8lB4XW1rkh53oo1_500.jpg

studyguy

« Reply #497 on: July 29, 2015, 10:40:15 AM »
Somone shot through my rear driverside window in my car.
Completely shattered...
 :-\
pause

Tasty

« Reply #498 on: July 29, 2015, 10:41:56 AM »
Completely shattered...

Uhh holy shit

:drudge :drudge

studyguy

« Reply #499 on: July 29, 2015, 10:54:29 AM »
Completely shattered...

Uhh holy shit

Shot through with like a bb or some shit,
there's a tiny ass entry hole. Looks like some other cars got it too on the block.
pause

Purrp Skirrp

• Mr. Paté
« Reply #500 on: July 29, 2015, 11:57:38 AM »
Completely shattered...

Uhh holy shit

Shot through with like a bb or some shit,
there's a tiny ass entry hole. Looks like some other cars got it too on the block.

That sucks man >:(

Probably some punk ass 13 year olds.

Madrun Badrun

• twin-anused mascot
« Reply #501 on: July 29, 2015, 12:25:52 PM »
http://i.imgur.com/kEEO4dt.gifv

Saw this and saw myself in it.  I do this far too much.  Especially if the girl smiles at me.  :(

king of the internet

• 🚽
« Reply #502 on: July 29, 2015, 12:51:24 PM »

Saw this and saw myself in it.  I do this far too much.  Especially if the girl smiles at me.  :(

Let's die alone together.  :-[

Drank for twelve hours straight on my day off yesterday. But maybe that's triumph thread material since I managed to stay coherent the entire time and did not injure myself as far as I can tell.  8)

Purrp Skirrp

• Mr. Paté
« Reply #503 on: July 29, 2015, 12:51:30 PM »

If it's as bad as that .gif, practice moving just your eyes and not your head.

Or if you can just look forward or at random things when you walk by and avoid eye contact altogether.

When you make eye contact though don't dart away, just let it end naturally.

If you jerk your head like that she's gonna think you find her ugly AF or something, or worse, lack confidence :-\

Madrun Badrun

• twin-anused mascot
« Reply #504 on: July 29, 2015, 01:06:24 PM »
Well most times I see a pretty girl on the street I pump myself up for it.  I go 'Arvid this is the time.  You can do it you sexy beast just lock eyes for as second' and then my weaker mind goes 'I can do it.  I can do it. ... O god she looked at me.  NOPE NOPE NOPE.' and weak me looks away. 

brawndolicious

• Nylonhilist
« Reply #505 on: July 29, 2015, 04:05:07 PM »
Why don't you just smile quickly rather than think of all these potential microexpressions?

Purrp Skirrp

• Mr. Paté
« Reply #506 on: July 29, 2015, 04:18:43 PM »
Why don't you just smile quickly rather than think of all these potential microexpressions?

To overthink is to overcome

Madrun Badrun

• twin-anused mascot
« Reply #507 on: July 29, 2015, 05:06:24 PM »
I have a beard.  I can't smile cause I don't want to make the girls think they are going to get raped.

studyguy

« Reply #508 on: July 29, 2015, 05:24:48 PM »
I have a beard.  I can't smile cause I don't want to make the girls think they are going to get raped.

Is it like a pubey struggle beard or an old hobo beard or something?
pause

brawndolicious

• Nylonhilist
« Reply #509 on: July 29, 2015, 05:40:20 PM »
He looks like Zach Galifinakis with shoulder length hair, which means he has a lot of testosterone and looks like a popular comedian but prettier.

Seriously, for such a not idiotic guy, I wonder why you don't love yourself more.

Madrun Badrun

• twin-anused mascot
« Reply #510 on: July 29, 2015, 05:42:01 PM »
I love myself 7 times a day.

Kara

« Reply #511 on: July 30, 2015, 01:52:56 AM »
I was gender essentialized by a motorist with poor eyesight. #microaggressions

Phoenix Dark

• I got no game it's just some bitches understand my story
« Reply #512 on: July 30, 2015, 10:16:19 AM »
Just realized I've been at work with my belt buckle almost two inches to the left of the center of my pants :dead

been looking like a wizard tier plebe for two hours and no one said shit. All they did was give me knowing glances. That's what I get for judging the attire of coworkers
:brazilcry

Madrun Badrun

• twin-anused mascot
« Reply #513 on: July 30, 2015, 10:21:18 AM »
O man that's embarrassing.  You better call in sick for the week just so they know that you were mortified by it and not that you just didn't know better.

studyguy

« Reply #514 on: July 30, 2015, 11:39:22 AM »
Getting my window replaced.
Out $130 bills now. Some bullshit.
pause

Joe Molotov

• I'm much more humble than you would understand.
  • Administrator
« Reply #515 on: July 30, 2015, 11:41:25 AM »
Subtly drop hints that you frequently take off your belt to beat your kids. Boost your black father cred.
« Last Edit: July 30, 2015, 12:29:55 PM by Joe Molotov »
©@©™

Madrun Badrun

• twin-anused mascot
« Reply #516 on: July 30, 2015, 12:05:53 PM »
I wore my buckle slightly off center in solidarity of you PD.  Just remember you are not alone. 

The National Suicide Prevention Lifeline is 1-800-273-TALK (8255).  Be strong dude.
[close]

Kara

« Reply #517 on: July 30, 2015, 01:34:49 PM »
I wore mine straight but was mocked for being dressed up. Why can't I be a minority people are afraid of offending. :brazilcry

Madrun Badrun

• twin-anused mascot
« Reply #518 on: July 30, 2015, 01:56:33 PM »
I straightened mine after the bus ride.  The shame was just too oppressing.  Sorry PD you'll have to bear this on your own. 

Phoenix Dark

• I got no game it's just some bitches understand my story
« Reply #519 on: July 30, 2015, 03:23:54 PM »
I've been randomly checking my belt all day. I have no idea how it happened lmao. I look in the mirror being leaving the house for work...I didn't use the restroom at work during that period of time...

ghosts
:stahp

Madrun Badrun

• twin-anused mascot
« Reply #520 on: July 30, 2015, 05:08:50 PM »
Welcome to my world.  Anxiety about everything. 

VomKriege

• Do the moron
« Reply #521 on: July 30, 2015, 06:03:02 PM »
News from the western industrial decline part number ?

Turns out the two companies battling for buying my employer are not doing that hot either. First one is under legal protection and they will probably merge us with a competitor they acquired and that is basically in the same situation as us (Guess Chapter 11 lite in France)... The other potential buyer has 6 times the debt we have (trivia : it is ten year old, my employer has existed for more than a century). I know it's never all the story but really it's just one more of those things that makes the whole thing absurd. Seems they're racing to reach critical mass so as to be "too big to fail".

Judge will decide tomorrow and Monday we'll be a new company and at our level we have no idea what will be going on. One of the buyers is basically doing away with all the managing staff in our department while on the other hand having little to no experience in our craft. Good times ahead.
ὕβρις

Kara

« Reply #522 on: July 30, 2015, 06:17:24 PM »
I'm currently doing my part pour la économie française by acquiring components made by Mavic, LOOK, and Hutchinson. :american

Atramental

• 🧘‍♂️
« Reply #523 on: July 30, 2015, 11:11:36 PM »
Sorry, only registered users can see this content. Please Login or Register.
« Last Edit: August 02, 2015, 09:23:23 PM by Atramental »

Kara

« Reply #524 on: July 30, 2015, 11:32:12 PM »
Blew my cheat day to work 15+ hours.

I'm living the nightmare. :preach

bluemax

« Reply #525 on: July 30, 2015, 11:45:49 PM »
An update to a previous struggle. I got my tabs today. No more tickets!
NO

Kara

« Reply #526 on: July 31, 2015, 03:15:18 AM »
I read the following sentence: "It's good to see Hyperhidrosis in mainstream viral videos."

Huff

• stronger ties you have, more power you gain
« Reply #527 on: July 31, 2015, 06:06:21 AM »
My glasses fell off my night stand and I can't find them without getting up and turning the lights on
dur

fistfulofmetal

• RAPTOR
« Reply #528 on: July 31, 2015, 12:07:46 PM »
just got my offer letter for a new job in NYC  :borys :borys

nat

Rufus

• 🙈🙉🙊
« Reply #529 on: July 31, 2015, 12:26:29 PM »
Triumph thread's thataway, bub.

fistfulofmetal

• RAPTOR
« Reply #530 on: July 31, 2015, 12:31:28 PM »
WHOOPS
nat

PlayDat

« Reply #531 on: August 01, 2015, 01:36:11 AM »
Does anyone know what kind of  bug this is?

http://imgur.com/cnWSKO2
http://imgur.com/OUeDAUl

I flew from Massachusetts to Singapore recently.  The trip was about 35 hours and involved 3 flights.  I checked on some luggage and noticed last night that one of my bags was infested.  I'd imaging getting rid of of them will be a lot easier once I can identify them.

Already threw away the duffle bag they were in, but I kept the clothes since I really don't have that much with me.  They're really small too, less than a centimeter in length.  Haven't come across too many so far today since I've been outside of my room a lot.  Nevertheless I feel paranoid enough to the point where I suspect they're the cause of every itch.  They've got me closely examining my skin all throughout the day even when I'm nowhere near the building.

VomKriege

• Do the moron
« Reply #532 on: August 01, 2015, 01:44:35 AM »
So my employer was sold off to one of the candidates. My department head is fired and she preferred to pack off at once and leave. She had her temper and flaws but if not for her letting get my hand on the job I would have been in a direr personal financial position 18 months ago. She was also protective of her employees, pretty lax with what we could do in the workshop and had experience in what we do. All in all it fostered a good ambiance at work and motivated us to go above and beyond our obligations in work. So  :-\
ὕβρις

PlayDat

« Reply #533 on: August 01, 2015, 02:04:55 AM »
Well, hopefully everything turns out fine on your end.  I don't know if you plan on/expect to be able to stay much longer.

T234

• Canadian Legal Expert and Hillballer
« Reply #534 on: August 01, 2015, 03:32:56 AM »
Today was a straight-up Rube Goldberg Machine of Horseshit.

Involving vinyl records that don't exist, invisible trailers and parking brakes, The Two-Ton Tractor That Either Went Too Fast Or Not At All, and the son of a bitch who tries to forcefully shove you out of the line at the gas station to buy lottery tickets only to get a Karl Malone Elbow to the dome for his insolence.

UK

VomKriege

• Do the moron
« Reply #535 on: August 01, 2015, 05:09:52 AM »
Well, hopefully everything turns out fine on your end.  I don't know if you plan on/expect to be able to stay much longer.

I'm working under an exceptional status as a glorified interim worker (while working more hours last year than a fulltime employee) and one of the few perks of that is that I'm free to go anywhere or even to work for several companies. Whether I stay there is dependent upon activity. The new owner told the judge first thing he was gonna do is renegociate with our biggest client, and that may shift the field completely. At one point I will probably have to go elsewhere to muscle the resume (I wouldn't rule out trying to work in Britain, Benelux... but I need to pay my dues in the French market first) and the pay was never really all that (although decent in absolute terms).

As for your bugs, you found them in duffle ? Maybe some kind of a moth / tick ? Maybe try lavander bags or printed newspapers stored with your clothes.
« Last Edit: August 01, 2015, 05:14:03 AM by VomKriege »
ὕβρις

Kara

« Reply #536 on: August 01, 2015, 12:32:40 PM »
That sounds like a lot of stress, VK. :-\

OT: there was hand drawn manya sitting on the dining room table at the Commune this morning. From the placement of the pen it was done by a lefty too. Double the embarrassment for me.

I wonder if there's a manga about the Paris Commune. :ohhh
[close]

Madrun Badrun

• twin-anused mascot
« Reply #537 on: August 01, 2015, 01:11:21 PM »
Summer is the evilest of seasons. 

king of the internet

• 🚽
« Reply #538 on: August 02, 2015, 01:43:57 PM »
Ugh. Just heard from this girl for the first time in forever. She's one of only two girls that I've accidentally caught feelings for in the past several years. The problem with her was that she happened to be best friends with my girlfriend at the time.  :sabu I was actually trying to get with her when I met the ex. :neogaf As my feelings waned for the girlfriend they grew in favor of her but I knew it it could never be so I let it go. :noah

Decided not to respond to her last text.  :obama Not to be gross but this is one of those situations where you should probably just rub one out and try to forget about it.

brawndolicious

• Nylonhilist
« Reply #539 on: August 03, 2015, 02:13:14 PM »
Had one of those nightmares where you're back in school and working on a ton of projects and apparently I forgot about one project that would cause me to retroactively flunk or something (don't remember if it took place in the present or the past). I've had this nightmare before too and I remember that right before I woke up, I kept wondering if it was just a dream again but the fear made me convinced it was too real and too detailed to be a dream.