Author Topic: Struggle Thread mk II - No one likes us, we don't care  (Read 530648 times)

Kara

• It was all going to be very admirable and noble and it would show us - philosophically - what it means to be human.
Struggle Thread mk II - No one likes us, we don't care
« on: May 11, 2015, 03:36:58 AM »
I needed a struggle thread and there no longer was one.
« Last Edit: October 06, 2015, 11:20:32 PM by Kara »

Vizzys

• green hair connoisseur
Re: Super Struggle Thread II: Turbo
« Reply #1 on: May 11, 2015, 03:56:34 AM »
just got back form the hospital from a panic attack
theyve been getting worse and worse tbh
as a temp solution lorazepam is good tho
not sure what to do long term as SSRI do not react well to me
萌え~

benjipwns

• your bright ideas always burn me
« Reply #2 on: May 11, 2015, 03:58:48 AM »
You're just making this thread because of bootleg ROM boards being installed.

Kara

• It was all going to be very admirable and noble and it would show us - philosophically - what it means to be human.
« Reply #3 on: May 11, 2015, 04:03:32 AM »

Sorry, that shit is rough.

Have you tried something like buspirone?

Vizzys

• green hair connoisseur
« Reply #4 on: May 11, 2015, 04:18:03 AM »
never heard of buspirone but ill talk to my doctor soon
basically it happened after a good mile or 2 of walking, blurry vision, intense feeling in my head
thought it was a clot tbh, but EKG checks out so just anxiety based paranoia
ive been dealing with anxiety for like 7ish years now and thankfully this year I now have health insurance
萌え~

Huff

• stronger ties you have, more power you gain
« Reply #5 on: May 11, 2015, 07:28:14 AM »

There's a decent amount of alt meds you should talk to your doc about if ssris don't do it for you
dur

Phoenix Dark

• I got no game it's just some bitches understand my story
« Reply #6 on: May 11, 2015, 08:15:13 AM »
File your struggle in minutes and get the maximum of Likes immediately*. We search over 300 e-deductions to ensure you receive as many pats on the back from complete strangles as you're eligible for.
 :PP

*State based Like refunds have been temporarily suspended as we investigate potential problems, in accordance with the Creepy Stalker Fraud Act.
« Last Edit: May 11, 2015, 08:21:10 AM by Phoenix Dark »

king of the internet

• 🚽
« Reply #7 on: May 11, 2015, 09:53:54 AM »
My knee has started to hurt after just a short amount of crouching / biking / walking / existing. It's getting kind of bad and I've never dealt with anything like this before. This shit runs in the family and it could get much worse...I don't think I can handle having my summer ruined because I'm now a cripple. Things are bad enough already.  :(

Experience the failings of a mortal body :fbm

Fifstar

« Reply #8 on: May 11, 2015, 11:03:12 AM »
Welcome to my life dude. Had knee/joint pain for the last 5 years and no doctor could do anything about it nor had an idea why I have full blown arthritis in my knees. Now other joints start to show similar symptoms.  ::)

On a more positive note, seems like my eyes are reacting good to the eyedrops I got prescribed and I seem to have a good puffer before my eyesight will actually detoriate because of my Glaucom.
Gulp

Rufus

• 🙈🙉🙊
« Reply #9 on: May 11, 2015, 11:07:33 AM »
You guys are too young for this shit. :fbm

HiResDes

« Reply #10 on: May 11, 2015, 11:09:14 AM »
Got a struggle that's been brewing ever since I made the brilliant decision to move out to the lame ass suburbs with my baby momma into a complex with over twenty buildings.

Anyway, this ongoing struggle all started Friday morning. I killed a large ass roach in my baby's room and then about two hours later I get a knock at my door. It's a pest control dude and he claims he's just there for "preventative" measures even though our hallway is a sporadic gallery of roaches and ants. Anyway he comes in and asks me if I've seen anything I guess thinking I'd be too embarassed to admit, but I'm yeah I just killed a big ass roach earlier today. "And he's really? Are you sure? No way? It had to have been a waterbug!..." And I'm like it was roach man, don't give that bull, like there's a big difference between the two anyway. Then once he realizes I ain't going for it, he's like oh they're probably just oriental roaches. Implying that if they were nicca or spic roaches I'd have a bigger problem. Motherfucker. He walks around and sprays in exactly one place and leaves.

Later that day I try to take a shower only to realize that there's no hot water, and that our AC unit, which has been broken for a week still hasn't been fixed. So I walk my ass up to the leasing office with my baby on my hip and a Negro League shirt and sweats on for the black power aesthetic. It's still before noon and I'm trying to give off the you better handle this shit now disgruntled look and they mindfuck me on some laissez faire shit. The lady's basically like yeah the hot water is going to be off for a week, didn't realize it was a big deal, what are you a little bitch? Oh and a ticket is out to have your AC unit fixed, we'll get to it whenever. Listen, it's whatever, you signed the lease slave boy. And I'm like yes master, touche.

Fast forward three days, and I'm still taking my dirty unwashed ass to work and going home to half a hot ass apartment with Asian cockroaches.

studyguy

« Reply #11 on: May 11, 2015, 11:10:43 AM »
I've had this pain in my abdomen, I thought I had a hernia for the longest time.
Had scans, docs check that shit for a year.

Nothing.

I'm convinced I have a bomb in me or something, I feel it just there all the time.
Like a dull ache.
pause

nachobro

• Live Más
« Reply #12 on: May 11, 2015, 11:45:41 AM »
You're just making this thread because of bootleg ROM boards being installed.
Super Struggle II Rainbow Edition would fit this board so much better though

king of the internet

• 🚽
« Reply #13 on: May 11, 2015, 01:07:30 PM »
I've had this pain in my abdomen, I thought I had a hernia for the longest time.

Nothing.

I'm convinced I have a bomb in me or something, I feel it just there all the time.
Like a dull ache.

Sounds like some sort of parasite eating you from the inside out. 🐛

studyguy

« Reply #14 on: May 11, 2015, 02:00:13 PM »

Nothing.

Like a dull ache.

Sounds like some sort of parasite eating you from the inside out. 🐛

Pretty sure that's just the daily struggle of life making sure I know I'm fucking up on the daily.
pause

Bebpo

« Reply #15 on: May 11, 2015, 05:02:00 PM »
I made an amateur interior design mistake.  I got a bunch of my various diplomas and stuff finally framed so I could put them up at work.  While picking out framing I used my artistic sense and got mattes and frames that match the color and styles of the diplomas so that they look nice individually.

Uh, I totally didn't realize that while the framed diplomas look good on their own, having a bunch of completely different style frames that don't match at all on a wall does not work.  Fuck.  Didn't realize that when you have an office and a bunch of things in frames that you want all of the actual frames to match for a consistent look across the wall.  Not sure what I'm gonna do, maybe just put like one up and hide the rest lol.

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #16 on: May 11, 2015, 05:10:46 PM »

Nothing.

Like a dull ache.

Have you had an upper endoscopy?
ど助平

studyguy

« Reply #17 on: May 11, 2015, 06:00:36 PM »

Nothing.

Like a dull ache.

Nah had two ultrasounds, one on my upper body cavity and one on the lower abdomen/pelvic area so far.
I might be changing jobs soon, once I do I'll probably go back in for a bout of tests.
pause

« Reply #18 on: May 11, 2015, 06:30:59 PM »
My supremely handsome, morally immaculate quarterback just got suspended for the very dumbest of reasons.

I demand satisfaction.

spoiler (click to show/hide)
I consider myself straight, yet "Tom Brady hot" might just be in my top ten search terms.
[close]

TakingBackSunday

• Banana Grabber
« Reply #19 on: May 11, 2015, 06:50:56 PM »
My parents had to put down my sweet lab Maggie today.  She was nearly 14 and had severe hip dysplasia, but was the most energetic, fun dog I've been around.  She cuddled with us on the couch every night.  She was just the best, and I am grieving that I couldn't be there to hold her paw as she passed away.

What a sweet sweet girl.
püp

Steve Contra

• Bought a lemon tree straight cash
« Reply #20 on: May 11, 2015, 06:51:44 PM »
:fbm
vin

Human Snorenado

• Stay out of Malibu, Lebowski
  • Icon
« Reply #21 on: May 11, 2015, 07:32:09 PM »
Sorry BN, losing animals sucks big time :(
yar

Madrun Badrun

• twin-anused mascot
« Reply #22 on: May 11, 2015, 09:49:20 PM »
sorry dude

I'm a Puppy!

• Knows the muffin man.
« Reply #23 on: May 11, 2015, 10:07:19 PM »
That sucks bn I'm sorry dude.

To lighten the mood this conversation happened in a teleconference today

C1:"Oh yeah, puppy has taken over that"
C2:"Who Is puppy? "
C1:"He's the white guy on The team"
Me: "uhh, I'm not white"
C1:"oh you know the non-Indian guy. white"

:brazilcry
que

Purrp Skirrp

• Mr. Paté
« Reply #24 on: May 11, 2015, 10:12:32 PM »

Is it mental anxiety like racing thoughts or do you get more of the physical symptoms like sweating, heart racing, palpitations, etc.?

Brehvolution

• Until at last, I threw down my enemy and smote his ruin upon the mountainside.
« Reply #25 on: May 12, 2015, 10:03:38 AM »
Damn gout has an insidious habit of creeping up at the worst times.  :maf Last August in Atlantic City for my wife's 40th and now Mother's day.

©ZH

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #26 on: May 12, 2015, 11:22:18 AM »
My condolences, BrandNew.   :(

Nothing.

Like a dull ache.

Nah had two ultrasounds, one on my upper body cavity and one on the lower abdomen/pelvic area so far.
I might be changing jobs soon, once I do I'll probably go back in for a bout of tests.

Time for something internal.  It's a big nothing; they put you under and you don't remember a thing.  I had a stomach problem similar to yours that was diagnosed as a hiatal hernia.   Meds keep me feeling fine.
ど助平

CatsCatsCats

• 🤷‍♀️
« Reply #27 on: May 12, 2015, 07:03:08 PM »
My power just got shut off. My brother who I live with has been lying about paying the electricity bill. We owe like 2k to them. I'm having a complete mental break.

Steve Contra

« Reply #28 on: May 12, 2015, 07:05:04 PM »
Holy shit, how long has it not been paid?  Luckily you have no power so you're brother won't be able to identify who kicked the shit out of him.
vin

CatsCatsCats

• 🤷‍♀️
« Reply #29 on: May 12, 2015, 07:15:39 PM »
I have no idea. Clearly long enough for them to just pull the plug. I'm having trouble making the mortgage as it is with him not paying me his portion of it, that's why we're selling (which will be a big profit when it happens, but doesn't help me any now) I'm so fucked. I'm at work but my wife is telling me that my step son is at home freaking out, thinking we can't even afford basic necessities because of this guy. Once this house sells my family is dead to me.

All I really know is the power company showed up, said they needed at least a grand to keep the lights on and my wife didn't have it so now we're dark.

CatsCatsCats

• 🤷‍♀️
« Reply #30 on: May 12, 2015, 07:22:30 PM »
Fucked up part is he makes more money then me and even paid his car off recently. Like wtf. He must be on coke or something, I don't know where his money goes

Olivia Wilde Homo

• Proud Kinkshamer
« Reply #31 on: May 12, 2015, 10:59:18 PM »
Last week my work announced a surprise reorganization.  My boss who has been AWOL for weeks was moved to another department.  His job no longer exists so I can't reapply for it.  I report to a new VP who has no idea about what he is overseeing.  As part of the reorg, my limit in terms of what I can approve has been slashed to almost $0 (as is all other managers, not just me).  So the VP is going to be swamped with approvals, which means I can expect to wait a lot longer for things to get done.  The reason for the reorg is that we need to strategically reposition ourselves because we may have decreased revenues in the future.  Keep in mind, we booked record profits last year and every year since the mid 90s.  I've never worked for a company that has pled poverty as much as mine.

On another note, I get almost daily recruiter messages on LinkedIn.  I graduate with my MBA in two months.  I think I can hold off until then because all signs are pointing for me to get the fuck out.
🍆🍆

team filler

• filler
  • filler
« Reply #32 on: May 12, 2015, 11:13:34 PM »
45 days extra duty and stripped of rank down to e-1. field grade article 15, brehs. still getting kicked out too

PlayDat

« Reply #33 on: May 13, 2015, 12:54:31 AM »
On another note, I get almost daily recruiter messages on LinkedIn.  I graduate with my MBA in two months.  I think I can hold off until then because all signs are pointing for me to get the fuck out.

People actually getting jobs through LinkedIn? :leon 

Maybe it's because I'm still an undergrad, but I've never heard actual success stories from there.

chronovore

• relapsed dev
« Reply #34 on: May 13, 2015, 01:52:19 AM »

People actually getting jobs through LinkedIn? :leon 

Maybe it's because I'm still an undergrad, but I've never heard actual success stories from there.
No, no-one gets jobs from LI, it’s just a way to keep in touch with your exiting network, and for recruiters to extend their reach.

My parents had to put down my sweet lab Maggie today.  She was nearly 14 and had severe hip dysplasia, but was the most energetic, fun dog I've been around.  She cuddled with us on the couch every night.  She was just the best, and I am grieving that I couldn't be there to hold her paw as she passed away.

What a sweet sweet girl.
Sorry, BN, that is some top-tier struggle there. Saying goodbye to a pet is harder than losing some relatives, and even harder when you’ve got to let them go to prevent undue suffering. I’m sad for you.

« Reply #35 on: May 13, 2015, 04:35:33 AM »
Realized I started thinking in Bore smileys. Found myself annoyed when I didn't get to use :rejoice on Facebook.

:beli

Edit: Remembered I pretend to call myself a programmer, made a simple extension.
« Last Edit: May 13, 2015, 07:42:09 AM by milchs evil twin »

sarslip

« Reply #36 on: May 13, 2015, 07:53:13 AM »
Damn Des a week without hot water is extreme.  I've seen people get far with Renter's Rights, which vary a bit between states. 

https://www.thelpa.com/lpa/landlord-tenant-law/ohio-tenant-rights.html

Purrp Skirrp

• Mr. Paté
« Reply #37 on: May 13, 2015, 01:10:21 PM »

Is it mental anxiety like racing thoughts or do you get more of the physical symptoms like sweating, heart racing, palpitations, etc.?

My point being maybe try a beta blocker like propranolol to knock out all the physical symptoms.

It stops your heart from racing so you can't get anxious (physically). No sweating, shaking, rapid breathing, or any other flight or fight responses. Musicians use it for performance anxiety.

Pair it with something like buspar (if it works) or low dose klonopin (less addictive and longer acting, more preventative then some reactionary 'oh shit panic attack, better pop a xanax or ativan').

spoiler (click to show/hide)

[close]

HiResDes

« Reply #38 on: May 13, 2015, 01:14:52 PM »
Damn Des a week without hot water is extreme.  I've seen people get far with Renter's Rights, which vary a bit between states. 

https://www.thelpa.com/lpa/landlord-tenant-law/ohio-tenant-rights.html

It came back on last night, crisis avoided. Was only like five or six days. Still was a struggle, washing dishes with cold ass water is just wrong.

CatsCatsCats

• 🤷‍♀️
« Reply #39 on: May 13, 2015, 01:35:26 PM »
Ended up making the electricity payment for my brother last night so the company would turn it back on, that legit shook me, never had the lights go off on me before.

Steve Contra

« Reply #40 on: May 13, 2015, 01:41:29 PM »
Given how difficult it is to shut off someone's power and the number of hoops you have jump through your brother was doing some serious concealment.
vin

HiResDes

« Reply #41 on: May 13, 2015, 01:41:54 PM »
I still haven't found a tea supplier. Or chocolate supplier although Lindt will do for now.

Read this and found out I was a digusting tea peasant http://www.seriouseats.com/2015/02/best-tea-where-to-buy.html

:stahp

Ain't nobody got time to pay that much an ounce for some organic shit grown in the back of some third world slumlord's garden...Give me that wholesale shit, flavored blends are great, and I'm not taking Teavana...That shit is too expensive too.

CatsCatsCats

• 🤷‍♀️
« Reply #42 on: May 13, 2015, 01:47:11 PM »
Yeah, apparently he fell behind on it like a year ago, and had just been paying enough to keep them from shutting us off. Despite getting a shut off notice that he hid from us that said you must pay in person or on the phone or risk shut off, he paid online and it didn't update in their system in time. So once it got turned off, the rule becomes you need to pay at least half the balance (which he had been building over time) to get it on again. Our household was not a comfortable place last night with the tension in the air.

Human Snorenado

• Icon
« Reply #43 on: May 13, 2015, 01:51:02 PM »
Ended up making the electricity payment for my brother last night so the company would turn it back on, that legit shook me, never had the lights go off on me before.

Has he said why he didn't make the payments? Any hope of getting that money back from his stupid ass or are you just gonna try to cut your losses? Family money issues suck big time, you've got my condolences on this one breh.
yar

CatsCatsCats

• 🤷‍♀️
« Reply #44 on: May 13, 2015, 01:53:46 PM »
He just lives beyond his means and is kind of a fuckwad. A redditor; probably sociopathic. We bought the house "together" but it's all in my name so I'll just take anything he owes me off the top when we sell. Just gonna be scraping by until we close. Ramen and frozen veggies for everyone! :lol

Madrun Badrun

• twin-anused mascot
« Reply #45 on: May 13, 2015, 05:07:54 PM »
Spent an hour and a half on the phone with the electric company cause they want to change me 365$ for one months electricity.  In the last four months I have talked to them four times.  This time.  Got frustrated asked for a manager.  'we don't let customers talk to the managers'.  Call gets dropped I call again.  Spend 45 mins talking to this one lady who finally says 'you'll have to talk to the manager but he's gone home for the day, call again tomorrow.'  I'm also pretty sure the issue is they are trying to change me a 300$ hook up fee which they've told me to ignore the last two times I called.   

And this is the moment I and came to understand the urge to murder and became a passionate supporter of eugenics.

king of the internet

• 🚽
« Reply #46 on: May 13, 2015, 05:09:02 PM »
Have a shitty day for seemingly no reason brehs :fbm

When your life is shitty you have shitty days by default.  :gloomy

TakingBackSunday

• Banana Grabber
« Reply #47 on: May 13, 2015, 05:18:01 PM »
morning star veggie burger caused me to spew vomit all night  :-X
püp

I'm a Puppy!

• Knows the muffin man.
« Reply #48 on: May 13, 2015, 06:58:11 PM »
:ufup
que

brawndolicious

• Nylonhilist
« Reply #49 on: May 13, 2015, 10:29:44 PM »
Decided that I should cut ties with a friend of about 10 years. Tough to do since he's the only person I know locally but he's just a miserable person and said that my having a deformed ear was what made him want to be my friend initially since it made him feel like I would not be too good for him as far as social standing (he's an incredibly shallow person with no other friends that I know of). I feel like still hanging out with him would just be bad for me.

Tasty

« Reply #50 on: May 13, 2015, 11:17:44 PM »
:ufup

Stole my post :stahp

I'm a Puppy!

• Knows the muffin man.
« Reply #51 on: May 14, 2015, 02:45:30 AM »
Decided that I should cut ties with a friend of about 10 years. Tough to do since he's the only person I know locally but he's just a miserable person and said that my having a deformed ear was what made him want to be my friend initially since it made him feel like I would not be too good for him as far as social standing (he's an incredibly shallow person with no other friends that I know of). I feel like still hanging out with him would just be bad for me.
Gee,
Can't possibly imagine why someone like that wouldn't have a lot of friends.
que

brawndolicious

• Nylonhilist
« Reply #52 on: May 14, 2015, 11:08:42 PM »
Gee,
Can't possibly imagine why someone like that wouldn't have a lot of friends.

Well he said that as a way to cheer me up since I was feeling down. I know it does bother many people to see it but I don't have the energy to forgive anyone.

Human Snorenado

• Icon
« Reply #53 on: May 17, 2015, 03:00:21 PM »
I'm thinking that maybe I should start an Official Bore Ennui Thread: for when your struggles are more than just a mere inconvenience, and your inconveniences are real struggles, but not like someone just died or whatever.
yar

CatsCatsCats

• 🤷‍♀️
« Reply #54 on: May 17, 2015, 03:32:46 PM »
They're all just bastard children of the random talk thread anyway

Human Snorenado

• Icon
« Reply #55 on: May 17, 2015, 03:51:15 PM »
Random talk thread  :yuck
yar

Kara

« Reply #56 on: May 17, 2015, 04:39:14 PM »
I'm thinking that maybe I should start an Official Bore Ennui Thread: for when your struggles are more than just a mere inconvenience, and your inconveniences are real struggles, but not like someone just died or whatever.

I'd create this thread, but starting threads is so passé.

Madrun Badrun

• twin-anused mascot
« Reply #57 on: May 17, 2015, 04:42:18 PM »
They're all just bastard children of the random talk thread anyway

I like the separation of the struggle thread though.   It's like sometimes I just want to post something inane but one of you assholes go and post about how one of your family members just died and then I can't post my shit until a few condolence posts come in without looking like an ass.  I want to live in a world where I can make the single post 'Sorry your dad died.  Also, got new shoes.'

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #58 on: May 18, 2015, 12:01:31 PM »
My grandfather passed away last night or early this morning.  Was told he went peacefully.  Helluva "birthday present" to wake up to.
ど助平

Human Snorenado

• Icon
« Reply #59 on: May 18, 2015, 12:05:10 PM »
Condolences, Bork :(
yar