Author Topic: Struggle Thread mk II - No one likes us, we don't care  (Read 535535 times)

Madrun Badrun

• twin-anused mascot
Re: Struggle Thread mk II - No one likes us, we don't care
« Reply #1080 on: October 12, 2015, 01:49:35 PM »
Quick show them best of Kara posts so they can fix the kid before its too late!

king of the internet

• 🚽
« Reply #1081 on: October 12, 2015, 02:17:35 PM »
Got drunk with a male co-worker who tried to make out with me afterwards (again).  :doge

Phoenix Dark

• I got no game it's just some bitches understand my story
« Reply #1082 on: October 12, 2015, 02:20:17 PM »
Got drunk with a male co-worker who tried to make out with me afterwards (again).  :doge

going to need as many details as possible.
:ohhh

Am_I_Anonymous

• And I'm pretty sure fuck you (italics implied)
« Reply #1083 on: October 12, 2015, 02:31:18 PM »

:beli
YMMV

Tasty

« Reply #1084 on: October 12, 2015, 02:32:57 PM »

Seconding.

Am_I_Anonymous

« Reply #1085 on: October 12, 2015, 02:34:24 PM »

Seconding.

:crazy
YMMV

king of the internet

• 🚽
« Reply #1086 on: October 12, 2015, 02:34:44 PM »

Not really much of a story to it.

One time last summer we were both hanging out in a group of co-workers, drinking. After I made a funny comment he said something along the lines of "he's such a funny guy, I just wanna make out with him sometimes!" to the whole group and I just assumed it was just a sorta creepy joke for my own sake but I did kinda get that vibe from him a few times. Another night soon after I go to his apartment with him after the bar to smoke some weed, and he starts begging me to come to bed and make out / cuddle with him and I peace the fuck out and just never mention it again since I have to continue working with the dude.  :kobeyuck

Anyways, last night it happened again, but at least this time it was outside and not where I was trapped in a tiny apartment. Now I gotta see the guy again today and pretend it never happened.  :snoop I don't even know if he's gay, he's just a super lonely dude looking for affection in any form. Honestly though, even if I was into dudes I don't think I'd go for it. Not that cute, sorry. :larry

Am_I_Anonymous

« Reply #1087 on: October 12, 2015, 02:36:24 PM »
My struggle is with people who can't figure out there, they're, and their on professional marketing slicks. I mean come the fuck on, really?
YMMV

Kara

• It was all going to be very admirable and noble and it would show us - philosophically - what it means to be human.
« Reply #1088 on: October 12, 2015, 02:43:18 PM »
My struggle is with people who can't figure out there, they're, and their on professional marketing slicks. I mean come the fuck on, really?

:goty2

Tasty

« Reply #1089 on: October 12, 2015, 02:45:47 PM »

Not really much of a story to it.

One time last summer we were both hanging out in a group of co-workers, drinking. After I made a funny comment he said something along the lines of "he's such a funny guy, I just wanna make out with him sometimes!" to the whole group and I just assumed it was just a sorta creepy joke for my own sake but I did kinda get that vibe from him a few times. Another night soon after I go to his apartment with him after the bar to smoke some weed, and he starts begging me to come to bed and make out / cuddle with him and I peace the fuck out and just never mention it again since I have to continue working with the dude.  :kobeyuck

Anyways, last night it happened again, but at least this time it was outside and not where I was trapped in a tiny apartment. Now I gotta see the guy again today and pretend it never happened.  :snoop I don't even know if he's gay, he's just a super lonely dude looking for affection in any form. Honestly though, even if I was into dudes I don't think I'd go for it. Not that cute, sorry. :larry

This story isn't hot at all. :beli

But yeah, coworkers are a no-no.

Phoenix Dark

« Reply #1090 on: October 12, 2015, 03:06:29 PM »
:brazilcry he sounds lonely as fuck

Joe Molotov

• I'm much more humble than you would understand.
  • Administrator
« Reply #1091 on: October 12, 2015, 03:10:36 PM »
I doubt he's black, PD.

But does he do black guys?
©@©™

Rufus

• 🙈🙉🙊
« Reply #1092 on: October 12, 2015, 06:04:23 PM »
I feel like I've become too apathetic and it probably led to all my issues lately.

Ah well, doesn't matter that much.
Uh-oh. :doge

Great Rumbler

• Dab on the sinners
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #1093 on: October 12, 2015, 08:33:21 PM »
Had a problem with anxiety/panic the past week, it's pretty much straight up hell-garbage, brehs. Couldn't relax, couldn't rest, my blood pressure was through the roof. I lost two whole nights to just feeling like I was gonna die. But I am feeling somewhat better today and I'm supposed to see a doctor soon. A lot of it just convincing myself that it's all in my head, though, and learning to calm down instead of getting so worked up.
dog

Great Rumbler

• Dab on the sinners
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #1094 on: October 12, 2015, 09:13:57 PM »
Not sure what I'll do [or get] just yet. I haven't had any problems with anxiety on this level before, so it's possible that it's just associated with being overly worried about the other health problem I've been dealing with lately, so it may just naturally pass once everything gets settled down again. For now I'll try to get through it without relying on medication.
dog

Kara

• It was all going to be very admirable and noble and it would show us - philosophically - what it means to be human.
« Reply #1095 on: October 12, 2015, 10:36:52 PM »
Get well soon GR. :)

OT: I got kicked a charity case that I took on. Big mistake. Taxpayer is a nice person but a fucking disaster as a taxpayer. And by disaster I mean I'll be reading the ethics regulations cover to cover tonight to cover my fucking ass, that's how much of a disaster. Help the downtrodden brehs.

Yeti

• Hail Hydra
« Reply #1096 on: October 12, 2015, 10:46:13 PM »
Who knew being a mod on the Bore could cause such anxiety?  :doge
WDW

Great Rumbler

• Dab on the sinners
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #1097 on: October 12, 2015, 10:48:07 PM »
It's probably from having to deal with all you yahoos and your nonsense that's causing it. :ufup
dog

CatsCatsCats

• 🤷‍♀️
« Reply #1098 on: October 12, 2015, 10:56:23 PM »
Getting fulfillment requests with "brake cases were needed" really disgusted me lately.

chronovore

• relapsed dev
« Reply #1099 on: October 12, 2015, 11:08:24 PM »
I feel like I've become too apathetic and it probably led to all my issues lately.

Ah well, doesn't matter that much.

Ruh-roh.

Srsly though, my brother-in-law has also called me "ambivalent" and it took me some time to realize he didn't mean it as a compliment.

Whatever.  :P

« Last Edit: October 13, 2015, 12:24:35 AM by chronovore »

Brehvolution

• Until at last, I threw down my enemy and smote his ruin upon the mountainside.
« Reply #1100 on: October 12, 2015, 11:55:58 PM »
Had a problem with anxiety/panic the past week, it's pretty much straight up hell-garbage, brehs. Couldn't relax, couldn't rest, my blood pressure was through the roof. I lost two whole nights to just feeling like I was gonna die. But I am feeling somewhat better today and I'm supposed to see a doctor soon. A lot of it just convincing myself that it's all in my head, though, and learning to calm down instead of getting so worked up.

Have you considered alcohol? A few drinks can help you game and sleep better. :shrug There is a strange stigma around it, but it beats the side effects that meds can impose.
©ZH

Kara

« Reply #1101 on: October 13, 2015, 12:23:24 AM »
When I had my six day panic attack last year pounding a fifth of hard liquor didn't do anything but let me black out for a few hours before waking up in terror.

studyguy

« Reply #1102 on: October 13, 2015, 11:21:16 AM »
I think I caught something overnight. Feel legit dizzy and already dry heaved at work once. Not sure if I'm gonna stay all today.
pause

king of the internet

• 🚽
« Reply #1103 on: October 13, 2015, 01:17:51 PM »
I think I caught something overnight. Feel legit dizzy and already dry heaved at work once. Not sure if I'm gonna stay all today.

Congrats you're pregnant. 👶

Bebpo

« Reply #1104 on: October 14, 2015, 12:38:09 PM »
Started on the project of fixing up my S2000 as I've left all the cosmetic damage alone for years since it didn't effect the driving and shit is expensive and I had a gf.  Just got the soft-top replaced since it had major tears I'd been dealing with patching/taping/sewing for 4 years since it's a design defect in all S2000 models that the top frame is too sharp at a couple of points and tears the soft top.  It's nice having a fixed soft top since the tears would always make the car noisy on the freeway to the point where you can't hear quieter music.  Patching it would work, but then you couldn't put the top down because it'd tear it back up again so it was just annoying all over. 

Next up is fixing a small dent in the back and paint damage from a scrapping a wall incident while doing a 9 point u-turn in a small enclosed space 4 years ago.

Then gotta replace the leather on both seats as it's torn in the body of the main seat and bottom of the passenger seat.

After all that it should look good as new.  Love driving and love the car, plan on keeping it forever and retiring it to a weekend car after about 10 years/110k miles.  Will get a boring electric car with good gas mileage in 4 years or so for local driving.

Phoenix Dark

« Reply #1105 on: October 14, 2015, 06:46:46 PM »
My dollar store adventures continued today :beli

Walked in and noticed 8 people were in line, and only one cash register was open. Typical dollar store fuckery. There was a black chick two people ahead of me, talking very casually and loudly into her phone which was on FaceTime for some reason. Real skinny, obvious long/curly black weave, skinny jeans, valley girl accent. There was a 40something yo black guy ahead of her who seemed drunk or buzzed, and he kept staring at her, then shaking his head when she seemingly didn't make eye contact with him. First time I thought it was odd, but he did this about three or four times and it just became uncomfortable as fuck. Obviously women deal with a lot of stares on a daily/hourly basis but I gotta think there's a difference between the casual once-over glance and nonstop continual staring.

After he paid for his shit he walked behind her/looked at her ass. She turned around, finally giving him attention. Then he said "I'm just throwing this away baby" and threw his receipt in a trash can. He smiled at her again and walked out.
:kobeyuck

dudes are trash

Madrun Badrun

• twin-anused mascot
« Reply #1106 on: October 14, 2015, 07:00:07 PM »
If only you could save all the dollar store women PD.  If only.

Huff

• stronger ties you have, more power you gain
« Reply #1107 on: October 15, 2015, 04:31:31 PM »
One of our managers just quit out of the blue. had her hand in so many different projects

i'm half curious/half scared of how much more work is going to get thrown on my plate
dur

Oblivion

« Reply #1108 on: October 15, 2015, 09:28:15 PM »
I had some pretty bad gum problems a while back that required me to get surgery. Things were looking up afterwards, but since last week, they started bleeding again. Before, they only bled in the mornings when I got up, but now they're bleeding randomly throughout the day again. I spent a fuckton of money on that surgery so this does not put me in good spirits. :/
« Last Edit: October 15, 2015, 09:35:49 PM by Oblivion »

brawndolicious

• Nylonhilist
« Reply #1109 on: October 15, 2015, 09:56:29 PM »
I had some pretty bad gum problems a while back that required me to get surgery. Things were looking up afterwards, but since last week, they started bleeding again. Before, they only bled in the mornings when I got up, but now they're bleeding randomly throughout the day again. I spent a fuckton of money on that surgery so this does not put me in good spirits. :/
I had a gum graft once and I think I remember random bleeding for a few weeks or months maybe after (this was like 10 years ago). Everything ended up fine though.

You got grafted?

Oblivion

« Reply #1110 on: October 15, 2015, 10:10:27 PM »
I had a gum graft once and I think I remember random bleeding for a few weeks or months maybe after (this was like 10 years ago). Everything ended up fine though.

You got grafted?

I had osseous/flap surgery with bone grafts. I'm mainly worried that the infection will eat into the new bone grafts that they put in.

Madrun Badrun

• twin-anused mascot
« Reply #1111 on: October 15, 2015, 10:48:37 PM »
Had 6 Klondike cones today.  Fuck.

Madrun Badrun

• twin-anused mascot
« Reply #1112 on: October 15, 2015, 10:57:58 PM »
Payed 4$ for two 3-packs cause they were on sale. 

Kara

« Reply #1113 on: October 15, 2015, 11:12:15 PM »

I ate a tub of cookies and cream the other night but it was made with nonfat milk and carob so it was barely 500 something calories. You can still be disgusting but not morally fat.

CatsCatsCats

• 🤷‍♀️
« Reply #1114 on: October 15, 2015, 11:14:37 PM »
Fuck carob and fuck you

Human Snorenado

• Stay out of Malibu, Lebowski
  • Icon
« Reply #1115 on: October 15, 2015, 11:19:16 PM »
I support Arvie's desire to be fat. I was in a shitty mood all day and the only thing that made me happy was eating a massive bowl of udon noodles and then a bunch of cookies. Dat gluten high.

Also, piss on Kara's bougie food binge session. Shit, he can't even be fat properly.
yar

CatsCatsCats

• 🤷‍♀️
« Reply #1116 on: October 15, 2015, 11:23:08 PM »

I ate a tub of cookies and cream the other night but it was made with nonfat milk and carob so it was barely 500 something calories. You can still be disgusting but not morally fat.

That doesn't even make sense :ufup

Kara

« Reply #1117 on: October 15, 2015, 11:31:22 PM »
I'll be sure to get the Federal Trade Commission on the horn about it.

chronovore

• relapsed dev
« Reply #1118 on: October 16, 2015, 02:45:21 AM »

Great Rumbler

• Dab on the sinners
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #1119 on: October 16, 2015, 09:54:09 PM »
Finally got to see a doctor about my anxiety/panic attacks after going through the roughest week of my entire life. He was a pretty good doctor and listened to me and helped work through some stuff, ended up getting prescriptions for clonazepam and paroxetin. I've already started to feel significantly better with just the first dose, so maybe this should have gone in the triumph thread instead.
dog

Am_I_Anonymous

« Reply #1120 on: October 16, 2015, 09:59:07 PM »
You cacs always getting a breh to bump. Goddamnit.
YMMV

Kara

« Reply #1121 on: October 16, 2015, 10:27:24 PM »
Made the mistake of going to Taco Bell at the same time as all the breeders. Now that we're getting booze Bells, can we get ones where you can't order more than five items each?

toku

• 𝕩𝕩𝕩
« Reply #1122 on: October 16, 2015, 11:14:15 PM »

cacs have a direct line to the demon

Atramental

• 🧘‍♂️
« Reply #1123 on: October 16, 2015, 11:25:27 PM »

No lies detected. :cody

chronovore

• relapsed dev
« Reply #1124 on: October 17, 2015, 02:29:02 AM »
Made the mistake of going to Taco Bell at the same time as all the breeders. Now that we're getting booze Bells, can we get ones where you can't order more than five items each?
Just order margarita smoothies for their kids and then let nature take its course.

I don't even know what you're talking about. Targeted assassinations? Pantsless Fridays?

Kara

« Reply #1125 on: October 17, 2015, 01:23:54 PM »
I'm not jeopardizing my license for breeders. I like money waaaaaay more than I dislike breeders.

Human Snorenado

• Stay out of Malibu, Lebowski
  • Icon
« Reply #1126 on: October 17, 2015, 01:31:04 PM »
I'm not jeopardizing my license for breeders. I like money waaaaaay more than I dislike breeders.

:ussrcry
yar

Kara

« Reply #1127 on: October 17, 2015, 02:26:41 PM »
"Socialism does not mean shared poverty," as Tongzhi Deng Xiaoping once said. :ufup

Madrun Badrun

• twin-anused mascot
« Reply #1128 on: October 17, 2015, 03:21:38 PM »
Quote Deng to defend your communism  :dead

Kara

« Reply #1129 on: October 17, 2015, 06:16:49 PM »
Most successful Communist after Lenin. :yeshrug

VomKriege

• Do the moron
« Reply #1130 on: October 17, 2015, 06:24:37 PM »
Most successful Communist after Lenin. :yeshrug

Not by the bodycount metric, the only measure for Great Figures of History©  :betty
ὕβρις

Van Cruncheon

• live mas or die trying
  • Banned
« Reply #1131 on: October 18, 2015, 11:44:18 AM »
i remember those college feels. dude i made one of my groomsmen cuz we was so tight didn't even invite me to his wedding two years later even though we still lived in the same area and hung out. :fbm

i said nothin' cuz feels aren't a good look but, you know, :dead
« Last Edit: October 19, 2015, 10:50:01 AM by Van Cruncheon »
duc

Phoenix Dark

« Reply #1132 on: October 18, 2015, 12:19:30 PM »
Weddings :kobeyuck

Coffee :kobeyuck

Grown up things :kobeyuck

Olivia Wilde Homo

• Proud Kinkshamer
« Reply #1133 on: October 18, 2015, 12:37:06 PM »
I've been there.

As you get older, people drift apart, especially as they get married and have children.  People just don't have the time to maintain as many friendships as they used to as their real life responsibilities grow.  I wouldn't take it personally because it (likely) isn't maliciously intentional.
🍆🍆

king of the internet

• 🚽
« Reply #1134 on: October 18, 2015, 12:43:50 PM »
That's the great thing about being excluded, you can assume one of two explanations. Either people hate you more than you realize and would prefer you didn't exist, or they just forgot you existed in the first place because you're really nothing to them.  :)

Tasty

« Reply #1135 on: October 18, 2015, 05:19:43 PM »
Yup, super dirtpoor broke right now and will remain so for the rest of the month.

No going out for drinks for two weeks. :stahp

I don't know if I can take that. :brazilcry

Phoenix Dark

« Reply #1136 on: October 18, 2015, 05:43:23 PM »
Yup, super dirtpoor broke right now and will remain so for the rest of the month.

there's always craigslist

Beezy

« Reply #1137 on: October 18, 2015, 06:01:09 PM »

:drudge WHITE WHINE :drudge

Tasty

« Reply #1138 on: October 18, 2015, 06:15:06 PM »

there's always craigslist
(Image removed from quote.)

Atramental

• 🧘‍♂️
« Reply #1139 on: October 18, 2015, 08:21:27 PM »
That emote. :dead