Author Topic: Struggle Thread mk II - No one likes us, we don't care  (Read 535146 times)

TVC15

• Laugh when you can, it’s cheap medicine -LB
Re: Struggle Thread mk II - No one likes us, we don't care
« Reply #3840 on: March 29, 2018, 12:01:29 PM »
That Xanax really worked. I conked the fuck out last night and had a wonderful dream. Cindi and I were selling children out of an elementary school nurses’s office, just like in the old days.

Seems like most of my other symptoms are lessened or gone, too. I feel fucking Xanax zombie tired though.
serge

Atramental

• 🧘‍♂️
« Reply #3841 on: March 29, 2018, 12:47:02 PM »
Sometimes I feel like I should be on Xans but at the same time I don’t want to fuck around with my brain chemistry too much.

« Reply #3842 on: March 29, 2018, 12:50:13 PM »
That Xanax really worked. I conked the fuck out last night and had a wonderful dream. Cindi and I were selling children out of an elementary school nurses’s office, just like in the old days.

Seems like most of my other symptoms are lessened or gone, too. I feel fucking Xanax zombie tired though.

Throw some ambien into the mix.  You'll start having those dreams with Cindi while you're still awake.

Great Rumbler

• Dab on the sinners
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #3843 on: March 30, 2018, 11:26:46 PM »

bless up
dog

agrajag

« Reply #3844 on: April 04, 2018, 09:10:22 AM »
So the restaurant I was working at has been struggling for a while now, and they just let us know that we will be closing the doors at the end of the week. I have a check coming up and probably another half a check for doing the closing inventory, cleaning up and making sure everything is squared away before we vacate the property. And then I also get a severance check and my insurance is good for a monthm

We knew it was going to close for a while, just not exactly when, but are still not allowed to tell the hourly employees anything, so they don't panic.  :-\ We're having a meeting with the HR director today at 1, and I assume she'll tell us to notify the staff.

Good thing is that I have a project lined up that will involve relocating to another state, for a lot more money and more room to grow.. but that's not until the earliest September. I don't want to take another chef job in the meanwhile though, just to dip in three-four months. I had the foresight to save up enough money to cover all my bills until september, and I'll probably drive uber or something during the summer.

shosta

• Y = λ𝑓. (λ𝑥. 𝑓 (𝑥 𝑥)) (λ𝑥. 𝑓 (𝑥 𝑥))
« Reply #3845 on: April 06, 2018, 09:24:34 PM »
Still having trouble finding work. I don't know how I'm going to pay my court ordered fine next week, which would be a probation violation, and then an arrest warrant. I have a good feeling I'll find a job next week, though, I can feel it.
每天生气

« Reply #3846 on: April 07, 2018, 04:40:42 AM »
Vomit and diarrhea has been the story of my week.
The little one was sick for a few days, then my girlfriend, and now it's my turn.
They survived but I'm not sure I will.
I've never thrown up so much in my life.
Throat is on fire. Ass is on fire.

chronovore

• relapsed dev
« Reply #3847 on: April 08, 2018, 05:51:41 AM »
Vomit and diarrhea has been the story of my week.
The little one was sick for a few days, then my girlfriend, and now it's my turn.
They survived but I'm not sure I will.
I've never thrown up so much in my life.
Throat is on fire. Ass is on fire.

If you survive, please use these as song lyrics.

agrajag

« Reply #3848 on: April 08, 2018, 12:57:33 PM »
You could probably bag up your poop and sell it to TVC for a fair market price

agrajag

« Reply #3849 on: April 08, 2018, 03:30:40 PM »
Much like former disgraced ResetEra moderator and perennial pedobait Shostakovich, I am now jobless.

Mr Gilhaney

• Gay and suicidal
« Reply #3850 on: April 08, 2018, 05:23:25 PM »
That sucks man. Any potential new jobs?

agrajag

« Reply #3851 on: April 08, 2018, 06:29:42 PM »
That sucks man. Any potential new jobs?

Yeah, I got a new gig lined up, but there's going to be a large employment gap. I saved up money though, so I should be doing alright for a while. Going to make the best of the time off and accomplish a few short term goals I have set for myself.

agrajag

« Reply #3852 on: April 08, 2018, 08:28:14 PM »
I want to cook at home more, read a few books, start learning how to draw, eat more healthy, go to the gym more frequently. Since I am going to be able to have weekends off, I can actually start doing some leisurely things I enjoy, such as going to the beach. We have beautiful beaches here in South FL that I never take advantage of. I just finished taking a real estate pre-license course, so I plan on taking and passing the state license test over the summer. I don't plan on being a real estate agent, but I have a mild interest in the real estate investment. Hey, it worked out for our boy Donnie 

:trumps

I also have to do a lot of research and draft a few menus for the new restaurant I'm gonna be opening. Knock on wood, the opening should be Octoberish, so I should start working full time again in September, and also moving. So mostly self-improvement and a few work related things.

Steve Contra

• Bought a lemon tree straight cash
« Reply #3853 on: April 09, 2018, 02:47:10 PM »
Dad has cancer. Prostate, which is good compared to others if it hasn't spread, but they're bot sure it hasn't so he has a battery of tests this week. Kind of need a break from bad news  :'(
vin

Madrun Badrun

• twin-anused mascot
« Reply #3854 on: April 09, 2018, 02:49:14 PM »
Sorry dude

I'm a Puppy!

• Knows the muffin man.
« Reply #3855 on: April 09, 2018, 02:50:01 PM »
That sucks Contra. Let me know if there's anything I can do.
que

TVC15

« Reply #3856 on: April 09, 2018, 02:51:36 PM »
:(
serge

agrajag

« Reply #3857 on: April 09, 2018, 02:52:12 PM »
Sorry to hear that Contra  :(

Steve Contra

« Reply #3858 on: April 09, 2018, 02:57:59 PM »
Thanks guys. These past two years  :-\
vin

chronovore

• relapsed dev
« Reply #3859 on: April 12, 2018, 07:13:54 PM »
Sorry to hear that, Contra. Hope your dad beats it like a rented mule.

TEEEPO

• hi, i suck
« Reply #3860 on: April 12, 2018, 07:23:47 PM »
 :'( :'( :'(

Bebpo

« Reply #3861 on: April 13, 2018, 03:21:15 PM »
Sorry, only registered users can see this content. Please Login or Register.

agrajag

« Reply #3862 on: April 13, 2018, 03:24:58 PM »

I know the feel. The last place I was working at was losing 40k a month for a wee bit over a year before they pulled the plug.

Bebpo

« Reply #3863 on: April 13, 2018, 03:34:29 PM »

agrajag

« Reply #3864 on: April 13, 2018, 03:41:06 PM »
Oh yes, if it was my own company it would be much more stressful. But I was still managing a number of employees and felt bad when I saw their morale going down the drain

I'm a Puppy!

• Knows the muffin man.
« Reply #3865 on: April 13, 2018, 08:28:52 PM »
I think I've brought this up here. But 2 years ago we had our roughest year as a company. It was scary/really hard. But this last year was our best year so far. It was scary/really hard. In some ways dealing with success is harder than dealing with a lean year. Be careful what you wish for.
que

Bebpo

« Reply #3866 on: April 14, 2018, 01:13:11 AM »

Steve Contra

« Reply #3867 on: April 16, 2018, 06:47:54 PM »
My dad's cancer has luckily not spread, which is like the only good news I've had in a while, and it's just like kinda good news.
vin

shosta

« Reply #3868 on: April 17, 2018, 01:38:34 PM »
Pretty sure I just flunked another interview. Was going perfect, joking, she kept telling me how nice my smile was, and then she turns the page of my application and sees the DUI and it's like her stomach dropped right out of her asshole. 2 minutes later it was thank you for your time, and a lie about there being other applicants she had to go through, too (there wasn't, that's why they reached out).
 ┐('~`;)┌

But that's ok! Just gotta keep trying.
每天生气

agrajag

« Reply #3869 on: April 17, 2018, 02:01:21 PM »
Damn, that sucks Shosta.

edit: there were so many moments during my youth where I could have and should have gotten a DUI but somehow I skated by.

shosta

« Reply #3870 on: April 17, 2018, 02:02:34 PM »
You get used to it, man. But there's a job out there for me somewhere. Economy's never been better.
每天生气

agrajag

« Reply #3871 on: April 17, 2018, 02:05:15 PM »
Economy's never been better.

Keep telling yourself that bro. My industry has been ravaged by poor tourism.

Maybe you should consider working in the kitchen, we don't care that much about prior convictions.

shosta

« Reply #3872 on: April 17, 2018, 02:06:43 PM »
there were so many moments during my youth where I could have and should have gotten a DUI but somehow I skated by.
I mean I can't tell you how many times I should have gotten one, too, barreling down Sacramento streets after 3 tall beers. I used to drive to the grocery store drunk. They only caught me after I finally totalled my car!
每天生气

agrajag

« Reply #3873 on: April 17, 2018, 02:11:53 PM »
Ouch. I mean I've been pulled over drunk many times and the cops just let me get off with a warning every time #whiteprivelege. One time I was driving with my friend in the car and we were both shitfaced. The elderly cop told me to get in the passenger seat and my friend to drive. The sad part is that most of the times I got pulled over under the influence was because I had a broke tail light.

shosta

« Reply #3874 on: April 17, 2018, 07:16:48 PM »
Actually I got a callback and start Friday  :doge
每天生气

TVC15

« Reply #3875 on: April 17, 2018, 07:25:31 PM »
there were so many moments during my youth where I could have and should have gotten a DUI but somehow I skated by.
I mean I can't tell you how many times I should have gotten one, too, barreling down Sacramento streets after 3 tall beers. I used to drive to the grocery store drunk. They only caught me after I finally totalled my car!

Slow down there, John Wayne.
serge

toku

• 𝕩𝕩𝕩
« Reply #3876 on: April 17, 2018, 07:28:26 PM »
bless up

agrajag

« Reply #3877 on: April 17, 2018, 07:41:42 PM »

Slow down there, John Wayne.

Remember he's a cool young dude

El Babua

« Reply #3878 on: April 18, 2018, 09:03:23 PM »
Threw up while walking home then I realized I lost my keys

Madrun Badrun

• twin-anused mascot
« Reply #3879 on: April 18, 2018, 09:44:09 PM »
Do you usually keep them in your stomach?

I'm a Puppy!

• Knows the muffin man.
« Reply #3880 on: April 18, 2018, 11:58:30 PM »
Got a call today from my Mom, my dad apparently burst a vein in his leg. He had to be taken in ambulance to the hospital because they couldn't stop the bleeding. They stitched him up, but still scary, he could have bled out if things went differently. Also sorta scary to see how helpless my mom was, she was on the phone with my oldest brother asking him what to do. I've prepared myself for the fact that the inevitable will come from my parents just like everyone else, still it's scary when it looks you in the eye.  :-\
que

Madrun Badrun

• twin-anused mascot
« Reply #3881 on: April 19, 2018, 07:07:47 PM »
Sorry dude, Is he ok now?

I'm a Puppy!

• Knows the muffin man.
« Reply #3882 on: April 19, 2018, 07:11:47 PM »
Yeah, he's recovering but still scary.
que

agrajag

« Reply #3883 on: April 19, 2018, 07:27:04 PM »
sorry to hear that Ronito, hope he's doing better

My great aunt was in the hospital over the weekend with pneumonia. She's 94, so it was very scary. Got released yesterday and she's doing better.

shosta

« Reply #3884 on: April 20, 2018, 06:27:53 PM »
I apologize in advance for always sharing too much on this site. I don't have any other outlets so it all ends up on here.

I'm in a small predicament. Not worried, but it is annoying. Part of my probationary agreement was to enroll in a first offender program locally by a specific date and submit evidence of enrollment to the court. Enrollment requires a deposit, but I haven't had two pennies to pinch together, and I thought I would have had a job by then to pay for the fees. Well, that date is past, so now there's a warrant for my arrest. I notified my boss I wouldn't be available on the 28th so I could serve my one day jail sentence, but now if I show up to jail, they'll hold me until I can be arraigned, and who knows how long that would be. I would lose my job. And it's not like I can afford bail right now, anyway, nor do I think I'd be approved for a bond seeing as I'm delinquent on so many loans at the moment. So... part of me is just thinking I should be a no-show until I can get enrolled in a program. The increased difficulty is that I have to take a 15 hour greyhound bus just to get there (since I can't afford plane tickets there anymore). If I wanted to, I could just take my chances in perpetuity because it's not like they're going to chase down a guy across state lines for a misdemeanor DUI, but I really want to set things right with San Mateo county.

The system sucks!
每天生气

Valkyrie

• Good Christian
« Reply #3885 on: April 30, 2018, 02:46:00 AM »
My grandma fell in her living room and broke her hand and her hip, so she was taken to the hospital for surgery. I haven’t been there since she’s not allowed visitors yet, but really hoping to go tomorrow or whenever they will let us.

I feel so bad for her because she was still recovering from a shoulder surgery, which was already making her unable to do a lot of things. She’s a skinny old lady, but I’m still surprised by how little it takes for old people to break their bones. :(
She surprised us all by walking the week after her surgery. She seemed well awake, and to recover really fast. But ever since she got home she’s been showing clear signs of developing dementia.. her short term memory is sometimes worrying. She’ll forget things she shouldn’t, like how she called my mom twice within a couple of hours of each time to ask her for the same favor. She forgot she had called me on my birthday (3 times) the day after when I was visiting her. We haven’t said anything directly to her because I once saw how confused she was when I corrected her with something she had forgotten the same day it happened. It was heartbreaking. She forgot who did what, and that it was done. She often calls me by my mom’s name now (I know mixing names happens, but she doesn’t even correct herself anymore), and she’ll forget which one of us did certain things. She often asks us both the same favor. I try to just go along with most so she won’t feel bad about it, but it’s so heartbreaking to watch.. I’ve still got all 4 of my grandparents alive. I feel so incredibly grateful for it, but at the same time now I don’t know what it’s like to lose someone close. And this was not what I was expecting at all, I never thought my own grandma would become dement. I hope it’s a slow process... because even though she walks (often with a walker now) after surgery, she’s really frail and deteriorating. At least they live right up the street from me so I go there several times a week to check on them and to hang out.

I'm a Puppy!

• Knows the muffin man.
« Reply #3886 on: April 30, 2018, 10:35:10 AM »
Dementia is so rough. I'm sorry Val.
My wife used to work in a group home for dementia patients.
There was one woman who kept on forgetting that her husband had died, so she'd wake up in a panic that they were gone and she'd have to be explained that her husband had died years ago. It was heartbreaking every time that happened.  :'(
que

skullstorm

« Reply #3887 on: April 30, 2018, 10:47:42 AM »
Sorry to hear that Valkyrie. Memory issues suck so much. Two of my grandparents had strokes and they started showing severe signs of dementia right away and very quickly deteriorated both physically and cognitively and it was truly heartbreaking and very shocking to witness. I really hope your grandma's memory issues won't worsen fast. Get her to a doctor asap, there might be some medications that could help.

Mupepe

• Icon
« Reply #3888 on: April 30, 2018, 10:50:53 AM »
Dementia is so rough. I'm sorry Val.
My wife used to work in a group home for dementia patients.
There was one woman who kept on forgetting that her husband had died, so she'd wake up in a panic that they were gone and she'd have to be explained that her husband had died years ago. It was heartbreaking every time that happened.  :'(
Yeah I watched my great grandmother go through this.  My grandfather (her son in law) used to take care of her and when he died she deteriorated rapidly.  She used to ask when he was coming home and in the beginning my mom would explain that he had died but it became too painful for her she just started to tell her he was running late and would be home soon.  The first time we knew something was wrong, my brother, my sister and I were home alone with her.  We went into the kitchen and she started screaming and throwing things at us.  We locked ourselves in a room and called my uncle.  She didn't know who we were and thought we were there to rob her. 

The worst part was honestly when she was lucid.  We'd have her back again and it was great but you were just waiting for it to slip.  Dementia is some tough shit to go through.  I wish all the best to you and your family, Valkyrie. 

Valkyrie

• Good Christian
« Reply #3889 on: April 30, 2018, 02:03:03 PM »
We went into the kitchen and she started screaming and throwing things at us.  We locked ourselves in a room and called my uncle.  She didn't know who we were and thought we were there to rob her.
Oh my god, that sounds horrible. I read that people with dementia will often get aggressive because they think people are lying to them, because they don't believe them.

My stepdad's dad forgot that his wife died, and one time he ran off to get into a cab trying to find his wife. :(

Freyj

« Reply #3890 on: May 06, 2018, 06:06:26 PM »
My neighbors are the worst white trash imaginable and have an above ground pool with an outdoor TV and stereo system setup. They don’t play music, they fucking blast country music with the bass turned up as far as it can go.

Last night they decided to have a karaoke party and around 7pm I hear this woman start crowing “these boots are made for walking” at the top of her lungs. I wish the worst things imaginable in life to happen to these people.

team filler

• filler
  • filler
« Reply #3891 on: May 07, 2018, 03:07:06 AM »
 :lol

Madrun Badrun

• twin-anused mascot
« Reply #3892 on: May 07, 2018, 07:54:31 AM »
Sounds like they are walking all over you. 

shosta

« Reply #3893 on: May 07, 2018, 08:36:46 PM »
5 day notice to pay rent or quit because of that bank fraud shit I've still got going on
:lawd

Edit: I finally debased myself enough to ask someone to help me with rent.  :goty2
« Last Edit: May 07, 2018, 10:08:30 PM by Shostakovich »
每天生气

G The Resurrected

« Reply #3894 on: May 09, 2018, 01:53:00 AM »
My family has been on my ass guilting me into going to my Grandfather's memorial service (yeah he passed) in Phoenix. I can't afford the trip and I've been forward about my reasons for not going. Since the day he passed it's been the only thing they ask about. I'm always the initiator of any point of contact with that side of my life and I have never felt like I was part of the family since my parents divorced. For a family that hasn't cared about me for a vast majority of my life, they sure do give a fuck about me going to this service! I feel bad about my Grandfather's passing, but he had long been suffering since 2011 with dementia/alzheimer's. My father who I've rebuilt a relationship with is of course not having any of it, which is putting a strain on our relationship yet again. I'm expected to just drop everything and spend what money I have to travel on memorial day weekend to appease my family. What kind of family is that? Guilt tripping someone for their own selfish narcissistic reasons, just another reason I'm not very close to that family.

We also had a huge scare this week too. I drained a good amount of my monthly income on an unexpected vet bill for our kitty Catsworth. And while I'm pretty sure he will recover fully I don't think he'll be the same. He is at least taking well to his meds, even if he doesn't like them.

This along with the Missus losing her Grandmother a few weeks back and all the shit that brought up with her family, I'm drained emotionally and spent mentally.

I also fucked up my knee recently and so I haven't been able to keep up with my daily walk/runs at all. I need new shoes that can handle my weight and width, which is hard to find since I'm a half size/extra wide.

I'm focused on what I can do, but even that is getting hard lately. I want to just unplug from the stresses, but it's impossible to ignore them right now. Putting them off even for a day doesn't seem possible, but it is something I need for my sanity and soon.

« Last Edit: May 09, 2018, 02:01:47 AM by G The Resurrected »

TVC15

« Reply #3895 on: May 09, 2018, 01:58:40 AM »
Sorry things are tough, Bz. Hope things pick up soon :(
serge

G The Resurrected

« Reply #3896 on: May 09, 2018, 02:04:23 AM »
Sorry things are tough, Bz. Hope things pick up soon :(

Things will in time. I'm being positive, even if the day to day for a while is a bit bleak. I'll find a way to lighten the stress soon enough.

chronovore

• relapsed dev
« Reply #3897 on: May 09, 2018, 07:03:07 PM »
Sounds like they are walking all over you.

:rofl
:dead

TVC15

« Reply #3898 on: May 13, 2018, 09:25:23 AM »
Thinking of renting a car and just driving away and trying to disappear.

I really don’t want the job I start tomorrow. I hate what I do and it’s a waste of my life.

Don’t know where I’d go, but I can’t live like that anymore. I can’t spend that much time doing something I really don’t want to do
serge

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #3899 on: May 13, 2018, 09:59:08 AM »
Thinking of renting a car and just driving away and trying to disappear.

I really don’t want the job I start tomorrow. I hate what I do and it’s a waste of my life.

Don’t know where I’d go, but I can’t live like that anymore. I can’t spend that much time doing something I really don’t want to do
What's the job?
🤴