Author Topic: STAR CITIZEN: JEU PRÉFÉRÉ DE VOMKRIEGE  (Read 309186 times)

Great Rumbler

• Dab on the sinners
  • Global Moderator
Re: STAR CITIZEN: JEU PRÉFÉRÉ DE VOMKRIEGE
« Reply #1560 on: March 11, 2018, 10:48:41 PM »
I need more star citizen news. Is this dead yet. Is crytek suing them.

It’s functional.

dog

VomKriege

• Do the moron
« Reply #1561 on: March 12, 2018, 06:49:52 AM »
I've laid down a bit the insanity that is the development. The court case is underway in its early phases, currently motions have been drawn and filed. CIG is arguing it should be dismissed and if not, that discovery be kept at a minimum.
ὕβρις

bluemax

« Reply #1562 on: March 13, 2018, 12:31:36 AM »
There's almost no chance it gets dismissed. But beyond that who knows.

I think they released 3.1 to their super backers or something and it wasn't much better than 3.0, so yeah. Nothing new.

You can read the patch notes: https://pastebin.com/vXmzmWs0
« Last Edit: March 13, 2018, 12:37:26 AM by bluemax »
NO

Raist

• Winner of the Baited Award 2018
« Reply #1563 on: March 13, 2018, 06:39:08 AM »
Major Known Issues:

40014 will cause a client crash. W/A: If this occurs, wait 10 minutes and relaunch.

A target ship despawning will cause the player to crash.

:lol             
 :lol :lol :lol

:lol        :lol

VomKriege

• Do the moron
« Reply #1564 on: March 13, 2018, 06:40:47 AM »
Any sort of discovery into the financial side of things would be welcomed.
ὕβρις

Raist

« Reply #1565 on: March 13, 2018, 06:44:25 AM »
Love some of their bugfix priorities too.

Fixed missing helmet on a civilian in Grimhex.

The internal geometry of the neck of the derelict Cutlass should no longer appear to l0ack any light.

The fan at Port Olisar's Dumper's Depot should now have spinning blades.

Medical supply boxes should no longer have "waste storage" written on them. (:dead)

Fixed replaceme textured speakers found within Covalex.

Fixed Eslin not being seated at his station at Levski, therefore not appearing on ATC comms.

The elevators in GrimHex should now properly have button press audio.

The pet fish shop at Levski should now have collision for the shop counter.

Joe Molotov

• I'm much more humble than you would understand.
  • Administrator
« Reply #1566 on: March 13, 2018, 11:46:13 AM »
Major Known Issues:

40014 will cause a client crash. W/A: If this occurs, wait 10 minutes and relaunch.

A target ship despawning will cause the player to crash.

UMMMMM...actually OP, space ships computers crash all the time in real life so this is added realism and depth that may be too much for you to handle so why don't you go back to your Call of Duty casualshit?
©@©™

Raist

« Reply #1567 on: March 13, 2018, 07:15:09 PM »
"Wait 10 minutes and relaunch" is like when your ISP fucked something up and gives you the "have you tried switching your modem off for at least 1 minute?" BS.

VomKriege

• Do the moron
« Reply #1568 on: March 14, 2018, 02:27:13 AM »

Also it seems CIG cut access for the time being to Batgirl, a Youtuber who did a lot of interviews with some of the CIG heads, clearly in a very amenable way.
ὕβρις

bluemax

« Reply #1569 on: March 16, 2018, 02:17:21 AM »
NO

VomKriege

• Do the moron
« Reply #1570 on: March 16, 2018, 11:11:06 AM »
EMERGENT GAMEPLAY

spoiler (click to show/hide)
Also  :lol at the visor stabilization. I know people found the bobbing annoying as fuck and that was the solution they went with but I didn't know it looked that goofy.
[close]
ὕβρις

Joe Molotov

• Administrator
« Reply #1571 on: March 16, 2018, 08:52:31 PM »
hope he had insurance
©@©™

Baiano19

« Reply #1572 on: March 17, 2018, 03:40:27 PM »
Not really. I can load up the game and play it right now. That is functional. Does it crash? Sure. Is it buggy? Sure. Neither of those things make it non-functional. Non-functional would be... it doesn't even start up.

The lower bar set by Tard Citizens ladies and gents :dead

It's funny, but our minds are designed that way. It's like being stuck in a failed relationship. You know its far from what you wanted, but all the time, money and emotion invested make you see the cup half-full, or a quarter - full and so on.

So you keep fooling yourself.

Raist

« Reply #1573 on: April 16, 2018, 06:34:19 PM »
Anything new?  :doge

newship.jpg, 499.99 only.

Joe Molotov

• Administrator
« Reply #1574 on: April 16, 2018, 07:40:08 PM »
They just did a free weekend. :snore
©@©™

Great Rumbler

• Dab on the sinners
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #1575 on: April 16, 2018, 07:56:57 PM »
The judge ordered that $200 million be paid immediately to CryTek. Also, Chris Roberts has been sentenced to one million years in space jail and Derek Smart will be crowned Eternal God Emperor.
dog

bluemax

« Reply #1576 on: April 16, 2018, 10:29:26 PM »
Derek Smart got perma'd from SA and apparently now I can't read the SC thread on SA without an account.
NO

VomKriege

• Do the moron
« Reply #1577 on: April 17, 2018, 05:32:17 AM »
Derek Smart got perma'd from SA and apparently now I can't read the SC thread on SA without an account.

The SA thread floats above and beyond the paywalling at irregular intervals. Check out the Frontier Forums.
ὕβρις

VomKriege

• Do the moron
« Reply #1578 on: April 17, 2018, 05:38:39 AM »
ὕβρις

Raist

« Reply #1579 on: April 17, 2018, 07:13:28 AM »
Also IFCS and other stuff is broken by a dev own admission...
https://robertsspaceindustries.com/spectrum/community/SC/forum/50259/thread/why-do-allthe-ships-wobble-in-space/1092302

Can't wait to read about what else they break by fixing this :rejoice

bluemax

« Reply #1581 on: April 18, 2018, 11:18:02 PM »
Lawsuit update, CIG's motion for a protective order was dismissed, so I guess the Discovery phase of the trial begins now. I don't know what that means.
NO

bluemax

« Reply #1582 on: April 20, 2018, 02:26:52 AM »
I always enjoy when I get Glassdoor updates about CIG:

“The worst studio I have even seen. ...”
Pros – There is no pros for this studio
Cons – Morale, In-fighting, Depressing, No Leadership, Bad HR, Long Hours, Burnout of young staff
Lead at Cloud Imperium Games
1/5
NO

VomKriege

• Do the moron
« Reply #1583 on: April 20, 2018, 08:43:42 AM »
Lawsuit update, CIG's motion for a protective order was dismissed, so I guess the Discovery phase of the trial begins now. I don't know what that means.

Apparently the discovery phase hasn't started yet. CIG tried to delay and dismiss it and refused to convene on a calendar for it with the opposing party. I'd what I read is correct, the judge will have to rule on when discovery will proceed (and what it entails).
ὕβρις

I'm a Puppy!

• Knows the muffin man.
« Reply #1584 on: April 23, 2018, 10:06:24 PM »
Someday Harvard Business School is going to do a case study on this that will be taught in MBA project management classes as an example of the worst project management imaginable.
Are you kidding? With Harvard's business review's track record they'll be doing a case study on what an awesome project this was.
que

VomKriege

• Do the moron
« Reply #1585 on: May 06, 2018, 04:05:30 AM »
Pro tip: If you can't handle how long Star Citizen is taking to make, go somewhere else for a few years.

https://www.reddit.com/r/starcitizen/comments/8hb2di/pro_tip_if_you_cant_handle_how_long_star_citizen/

Those saying they have already done this: you didn't do it long enough, try again.
ὕβρις

VomKriege

• Do the moron
« Reply #1586 on: May 06, 2018, 07:29:17 AM »
https://www.reddit.com/r/starcitizen/comments/8govrg/it_seems_to_me_the_calls_of_this_game_is_a_scam/dyh2hgs/

No, he and his friends bought into the game in the beginning with a lot of money and then they tried to use that money as leverage to blackmail CIG into making the game in a way that they could exploit to their advantage (similar to Eve). When CIG refused Yarrmepirate and his goon companions threw a fit and started an ongoing hate campaign against Star Citizen and Chris Roberts.

:hans1 :derp
ὕβρις

VomKriege

• Do the moron
« Reply #1587 on: May 07, 2018, 03:25:45 AM »
https://www.reddit.com/r/starcitizen/comments/8h5eif/cig_your_promotions_are_getting_out_of_control/dyincb5/

Oh, they absolutely respond, but (thank God) CIG isn't building SC by democracy. The absolute worst thing to do is listen to the mob. The do polls and make shifts in the game when they get lots of feedback, but the loud, obnoxious whining of a handful of trolls should ABSOLUTELY be ignored, no matter how much money they've provided or important they think they are.

CIG is not anti-consumer, because CIG doesn't HAVE any consumers. CIG has not launched the damn game. You have not BOUGHT anything. You are NOT a fucking customer. You are NOT an investor. You are a backer in a crowdfunded project. You GAVE your money away, it is gone, flushed down the toilet. At no point did CIG ever, anywhere, in any media, say "we will do what you say because you gave us money." They listen and they are transparent. Just because you don't like what you see or here in no way invalidates that they are doing precisely what they said they would do in 2012 when I first started backing.

Everything made by committee sucks. They are a bajillion times more transparent than any game company out there, bar none. Even the great ones like CDPR and Bethesda (IMHO) are completely opaque in their development.

Edit: Calling yourself a consumer is like you're a consumer the Red Cross because you donated blood. You gave it to them, out of the goodness of your heart. It's theirs now.
ὕβρις

Coax

« Reply #1588 on: May 09, 2018, 03:36:39 AM »
Watched a video linked by /r/Games, and apparently a while back CIG asked backers to create their own starship that would be made available to other players. The community assembled teams that competed and the winning ship was frankly rather impressive, modeled from the ground up solely by the community, and placed in the game's showroom hangar.

Fast-forward and outside of the showroom the ship still wasn't available for flight, CIG yanks it from SC claiming it needed a 're-design' by their own concept artists, and at this point in time is in limbo.

:mindblown

VomKriege

• Do the moron
« Reply #1589 on: May 09, 2018, 05:52:36 AM »
https://medium.com/@baron_52141/star-citizens-new-moves-prioritize-sales-over-backers-2ea94a7fc3e4

I’ll be honest: I agonized over releasing this article. These are murky, passionately contended waters, and by wading in I risk my working relationship with Cloud Imperium as a content creator. As a disclaimer, the points I bring up are in no way intended as a personal reflection on Chris Roberts or any of the talented individuals employed by CIG, or my continuing devotion to and passion for this game and community.

https://www.reddit.com/r/starcitizen/comments/8hxmsm/star_citizens_new_moves_prioritize_sales_over/dyna0u8/

CIG needs new money. Period. It doesn't need trolls shuffling 100s of CCU's around for $0, it doesn't need people building virtual min/maxing fleets with store credits. The buying habits of the backers have changed, so the selling habits of CIG have changed. That's reality, that's how business work.

CIG gives us LTI, backers abuse it to the point ships are called "LTI tokens", so it changes. CIG gives us CCUs, backers abuse them to the point where there are 100,000s of $0 CCU's floating around, so it changes.

Your article is a hatchet piece, propaganda to rile up the populace. Please stop.

THOSE FUCKING TROLLS AND ABUSERS BUYING WHAT CIG SOLD THEM.
ὕβρις

VomKriege

• Do the moron
« Reply #1590 on: May 10, 2018, 05:48:44 AM »
https://www.twitch.tv/videos/259498151?t=01h08m08s

You need money to push boundaries, just like cancer research...

Otherwise goons speculate the absence of Gary Oldman likeness in the promo material may be because the agreement to use his image has run its course. No way to know for sure but it would make sense that they didn't account for the endless delays and that they're waiting to be closer to actual release to renew it...
ὕβρις

seagrams hotsauce

« Reply #1591 on: May 10, 2018, 03:53:40 PM »
LMAOOOO that would be so fucking rich, how would that work though? Has Oldman actually appeared in-game anywhere?

Joe Molotov

• Administrator
« Reply #1592 on: May 10, 2018, 04:12:39 PM »
©@©™

VomKriege

• Do the moron
« Reply #1593 on: May 10, 2018, 05:17:24 PM »
LMAOOOO that would be so fucking rich, how would that work though? Has Oldman actually appeared in-game anywhere?

They rendered a scene where he gives a speech in character and used some caps from that (in the casting reveal). To be fair though it's pure speculation, SQ42 marketing has been super shy and none of the actors have been used besides Hamill despite Cavill or Strong being there. They're not too keen on reminding everyone the single player portion is still TBD at this point so why waste the money on renewing image rights you can't use. Most of the core whales seems more receptive to the insane MMO promises
ὕβρις

nudemacusers

« Reply #1594 on: May 10, 2018, 05:22:54 PM »
My guess is sq42 gets cut soon, or more charitably, rolled into the mmo as some kind of single player set of missions/core story track. Why bother when all the money comes from mmo ship sales; at some pont the numbers just don’t support the burden single player brings.
﷽﷽﷽﷽﷽

VomKriege

• Do the moron
« Reply #1595 on: May 11, 2018, 05:22:39 AM »
I'd think Roberts is too commited to it to happen. It's his Magnus Opus. Compromise isn't their strong suit either.
ὕβρις

Raist

« Reply #1596 on: May 11, 2018, 05:25:22 AM »
They're gonna keep going until they can't get the funds to sustain their mess of a development process, at which point they'll release an incomplete buggy mess and call it a day.

VomKriege

• Do the moron
« Reply #1597 on: May 11, 2018, 05:34:18 AM »
https://www.reddit.com/r/starcitizen/comments/8iipyx/an_evening_with_the_chairman_need_concierge_to/?st=JH132SUP&sh=8baaad5d

Documenting a dinner Space Brother One had with some backers for only 350$ each (nominally to get a bag of goodies).
ὕβρις

VomKriege

• Do the moron
« Reply #1599 on: May 11, 2018, 12:10:24 PM »
ὕβρις

VomKriege

• Do the moron
ὕβρις

VomKriege

• Do the moron
« Last Edit: May 13, 2018, 05:06:23 AM by VomKriege »
ὕβρις

Sho Nuff

• o/~ TOUCH ME AND I'LL BREAK YOUR FACE o/~
« Reply #1602 on: May 13, 2018, 03:12:13 PM »
So like, what is the state of this thing as a video game? Can you play it and enjoy yourself?

VomKriege

• Do the moron
« Reply #1603 on: May 13, 2018, 04:33:52 PM »
So like, what is the state of this thing as a video game? Can you play it and enjoy yourself?

Pretty much at the same place than a couple pages ago. So no.
ὕβρις

Raist

« Reply #1604 on: May 13, 2018, 04:34:25 PM »

Pretty much at the same place than a couple years ago. So no.

ftfy

VomKriege

• Do the moron
« Reply #1606 on: May 14, 2018, 06:30:05 AM »
https://www.reddit.com/r/starcitizen/comments/8iwd6c/star_citizen_on_netflix_to_fill_the_void_left_by/dyvhmsl/

But what if cig had netflix pay them to make a show?

The way I see it Star Citizen is a project that may change the face of gaming and even the entertainment industry itself. The scale of funding that star citizen has achieved should make all game developers take note as it is extremely odd that CIG has amassed this much funding from the general public this quickly.

With that said, CIG should be taking advantage of this momentum. Companies like intel recognize CIG's rarity and therefore value. I believe netflix could also be seen to realize the value of a Star Citizen funded series. Netflix could also buy the expanse and still buy a Star Citizen series (they did make that titan movie so anything is possible) . Star Citizen could be legitimately packaged as a franchise in negotiations with netflix. Major AAA game release the scale of which has never been atempted, with a hollywood level single player campaign to boot. Its not a reboot, remake, its already tested and has a fan base. Its like buying a marvel series.(not really)
ὕβρις

Joe Molotov

• Administrator
« Reply #1607 on: May 14, 2018, 01:15:06 PM »
Star Citizen is poised to be the next Defiance, Netflix would be crazy not to give them a couple hundred millions.
©@©™

bluemax

« Reply #1608 on: May 15, 2018, 12:32:48 AM »
Talked with a couple of CIG employees at the last dev meetup. One was pretty chill, you could tell he wanted the project to succeed but had his reservations.

The other guy was full on cultist though. It's hilarious when someone tries to give the whole "most open development" speech to a bunch of 10+ year industry vets and they just laugh at them.
NO

nudemacusers

« Reply #1609 on: May 16, 2018, 01:27:31 AM »
That Netflix post must be a troll. The wing commander movie was awful.
﷽﷽﷽﷽﷽

VomKriege

• Do the moron
« Reply #1610 on: May 16, 2018, 03:23:00 AM »
That Netflix post must be a troll. The wing commander movie was awful.

I seem to remember an old Reddit thread where someone was suggesting CIG could use assets to make VFX for a show, on par or better than something like the Expanse.
ὕβρις

VomKriege

• Do the moron
« Reply #1611 on: May 19, 2018, 04:25:02 AM »
https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3800238&pagenumber=4318#post484239044

Interesting tidbit on RTV today that I’m not sure was mentioned in thread.

Lando mentions that over half of the questions submitted for the day’s RTV via Spectrum were related to ship purchasing with aUEC... What comes next will shock you*!

---

* ... if you actually thought CIG had any interest in answering such questions... Instead, Lando explains that those questions have been eliminated from consideration for the show because it isn’t the time or place for that discussion. You see, interface designers can’t even address that topic, so naturally it shouldn’t be discussed on RTV**.

** You know who IS authorized to talk about it, though? Erin Roberts. And he was asked that very question by DJ Knight at Gamescom last year. The good news? Ship purchasing is coming in Alpha 3.0! But wait... Lando was there too, and even as Erin starts backing away from what he’s just said, Lando steps in to reiterate that no, you actually won’t be able to buy ships with aUEC in 3.0. The good news, he says, is that you can expect to learn a lot more about it in when Alpha 3.1 arrives***

*** But wait. Alpha 3.1 is here. And more and more people are asking when it’s coming. In fact, on today’s RTV Lando mentions that over half of the questions submitted for the day’s RTV via Spectrum were related to ship purchasing with aUEC... What comes next will shock you*!

Also Colorado has published stats on their media subsidies and it would seem to give an idea of the budget of the "Star Marine" FPS developed by Illfonic then discarded by CIG :

Apparently 3.8m$, 700K of which paid by the taxpayer.
ὕβρις

benjipwns

• your bright ideas always burn me
« Reply #1612 on: May 20, 2018, 05:09:59 AM »
That other video game on the list, second from the top, is best I can tell, a fan remake of the Cheetahmen games from the Action 52 NES series from a forum about those games. :lol

It does seem from what little I can find that roughly 9 people were involved in it?

And it appears to have gone defunct in 2014, yet got $1 million from Colorado. I think they need to re-evaluate this subsidy program, at least for video games, if they haven't already.

benjipwns

• your bright ideas always burn me
« Reply #1613 on: May 20, 2018, 05:11:42 AM »
(Image removed from quote.)
u mock, but i'm sure CIG has done extensive research into what would happen in a vacuum like that and this is scientifically accurate

VomKriege

• Do the moron
« Reply #1614 on: May 20, 2018, 08:06:44 AM »
That other video game on the list, second from the top, is best I can tell, a fan remake of the Cheetahmen games from the Action 52 NES series from a forum about those games. :lol

It does seem from what little I can find that roughly 9 people were involved in it?

And it appears to have gone defunct in 2014, yet got $1 million from Colorado. I think they need to re-evaluate this subsidy program, at least for video games, if they haven't already.

If what I read on SA is correct, they have. Program was discontinued, for gross lack of oversight and possibly collusion and / or favouritism.
ὕβρις

Joe Molotov

• Administrator
« Reply #1615 on: May 21, 2018, 12:51:31 PM »

Surely it was still a better investment than whatever The Joey Cannon Show was.
©@©™

bluemax

« Reply #1616 on: May 28, 2018, 02:44:53 AM »
Saw a CIG/RSI employee in the wild tonight at a bar. Resisted the urge to talk to them.
NO

Rufus

• 🙈🙉🙊
« Reply #1617 on: May 28, 2018, 10:22:21 AM »
https://mmopulse.com/news/star-citizen-offers-the-legatus-pack-for-27000-usd-requires-having-spent-1000-just-to-view

The Legatus Pack is purchasable on this page, but to do so or even just to view its contents, you’ll need to have already paid $1,000 USD.

:heh

nudemacusers

« Reply #1618 on: May 28, 2018, 11:19:48 AM »
https://mmopulse.com/news/star-citizen-offers-the-legatus-pack-for-27000-usd-requires-having-spent-1000-just-to-view

The Legatus Pack is purchasable on this page, but to do so or even just to view its contents, you’ll need to have already paid $1,000 USD.

just think, if you buy this, you fund the development of more jpg ships and some mocap tweaks for sq42 (releasing 2017!)
﷽﷽﷽﷽﷽

VomKriege

• Do the moron
« Reply #1619 on: May 29, 2018, 08:33:27 AM »

MMOpulse... the place where you can go and see pretend journalists insult people for their purchase choices, everything from the color of your ereader to in-game content. Just like jealous schoolyard bullies.

https://www.spot.im/s/00Nw2TmpcGPJ
ὕβρις