Author Topic: STAR CITIZEN: JEU PRÉFÉRÉ DE VOMKRIEGE  (Read 306905 times)

Joe Molotov

• I'm much more humble than you would understand.
  • Administrator
Re: STAR CITIZEN: LES SECRETS D'UNE MACHINE À CASH
« Reply #420 on: January 26, 2016, 11:25:44 AM »
pistol 2 stronk
©@©™

Barry Egan

• The neurotic is nailed to the cross of his fiction.
« Reply #421 on: January 28, 2016, 01:13:31 PM »
So Chris essentially cancelled the FPS module, Star Marine, this week.  People are pissseeeddd because they hyped it to hell and back. 

Here he is three weeks ago saying it was going to be a CoD killer: http://www.gamespot.com/articles/star-citizens-fps-gameplay-will-be-more-lethal-tha/1100-6433524/ 

what a clusterfuck.

Yeti

• Hail Hydra
« Reply #422 on: January 28, 2016, 03:29:42 PM »
Well at least they haven't cancelled the beverage mixing.
WDW

VomKriege

• Do the moron
« Reply #423 on: January 30, 2016, 06:21:04 AM »
Some praise the amount of communication and marketing ("openness") the game has but really that whole Star Marine stuff is evidence the messaging is muddled beyond comprehension. What was ever Star Marine to begin with ? Who the fuck knows really. As usual CIG have run their mouth so long it was nothing (overblown designation for some mechanics of the game) and everything (COD killer with accurate models in FPS and TPS). To quote a recent post from a SC stan on the Frontier Forum :

The point is mostly, CIG's aim with Squadron 42 is give the Far Cry vibe to the gameplay.

(He's paraphrasing Erin Roberts, supposedly).

What the fuck does that even mean ? Seems pretty contrary to what Squadron 42 has been sold at so far (Wing Commander inspired - Story / cinematic heavy so probably sectioned into mission and linear).
ὕβρις

VomKriege

• Do the moron
« Reply #424 on: January 31, 2016, 04:19:47 AM »

Apparently they currently have plans for two single player sequels already...
ὕβρις

VomKriege

• Do the moron
« Reply #425 on: February 05, 2016, 07:41:19 PM »
https://forums.frontier.co.uk/showthread.php?t=203785&p=3528461&viewfull=1#post3528461

Well Around the Verse is up. In this one they talked about how they modified the editor in order to show something, and they have animators (using motion capture) and artists creating a virtual ship sales floor.

So to recap on confirmed new content for 2.x,
-Ship sales floor to purchase ships
-clothes to purchase.
-shops to sell items,
-shops to sell weapons

Priorities all in order, as usual.
ὕβρις

VomKriege

• Do the moron
« Reply #426 on: February 13, 2016, 03:12:49 AM »
ὕβρις

VomKriege

• Do the moron
« Reply #427 on: March 02, 2016, 02:14:18 AM »
ὕβρις

Great Rumbler

• Dab on the sinners
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #428 on: March 02, 2016, 09:54:00 AM »
Up to $109 million now.
dog

VomKriege

• Do the moron
« Reply #429 on: March 02, 2016, 03:30:17 PM »
Up to $109 million now.

At this point, we will not sadly see a glorious meltdown, they tapped a deeper well than I thought existed. Following the game news is less fun than it used to be as development has reached a somewhat steady pace of version releases. It's hard to gauge whether there's any progress because most arguments are going in circles.
ὕβρις

Dickie Dee

• It's not the band I hate, it's their fans.
« Reply #430 on: March 02, 2016, 05:25:03 PM »
Every bubble eventually bursts. If half of what we've read is true then this is just people throwing good money after bad.
___

benjipwns

• your bright ideas always burn me
« Reply #431 on: March 02, 2016, 06:38:39 PM »
Up to $109 million now.
Star Citizen actually a stealth SuperPAC confirmed.

wsippel

« Reply #432 on: March 02, 2016, 09:29:01 PM »

Apparently they currently have plans for two single player sequels already...
It was planned as a trilogy ever since the initial Kickstarter campaign. Higher tier pledges included the sequels.

VomKriege

• Do the moron
« Reply #433 on: March 03, 2016, 12:10:13 AM »
It was planned as a trilogy ever since the initial Kickstarter campaign. Higher tier pledges included the sequels.

Was it ?
I'm reading the higher pledges that were possible and see no mention of sequels or upcoming parts. The FAQ from December 2012 states that :

Will there be story updates or expansions?
We’re going to be constantly updating the universe from our end. We’re not interested in having yearly updates. We will have a team of people adding content on a weekly or bi-weekly basis. So we’ll be always adding data, stories, and campaigns as well as reacting to what the players are doing. Because of this the universe will be affected by the actions of the players.

Discussion from last April seems to indicate that the form of sequels or expansions was very much an evolving matter up to that point :
https://forums.robertsspaceindustries.com/discussion/249912/squadron-42-episode-1-included-eh-responses-from-ben-length-scope-explained

My understanding is that up to that date, there was more question of an expansions disc than an already planned trilogy of sequels.

Maybe I'm wrong, it's hard to keep track of that stuff considering just how vast the official communication has been.
« Last Edit: March 03, 2016, 12:35:06 AM by VomKriege »
ὕβρις

wsippel

« Reply #434 on: March 04, 2016, 10:13:01 AM »

Was it ?
I'm reading the higher pledges that were possible and see no mention of sequels or upcoming parts. The FAQ from December 2012 states that :

Will there be story updates or expansions?
We’re going to be constantly updating the universe from our end. We’re not interested in having yearly updates. We will have a team of people adding content on a weekly or bi-weekly basis. So we’ll be always adding data, stories, and campaigns as well as reacting to what the players are doing. Because of this the universe will be affected by the actions of the players.

Discussion from last April seems to indicate that the form of sequels or expansions was very much an evolving matter up to that point :
https://forums.robertsspaceindustries.com/discussion/249912/squadron-42-episode-1-included-eh-responses-from-ben-length-scope-explained

My understanding is that up to that date, there was more question of an expansions disc than an already planned trilogy of sequels.

Maybe I'm wrong, it's hard to keep track of that stuff considering just how vast the official communication has been.
Yes, the sequels were initially supposed to be expansions (called "Mission Disks", because Wing Commander), but that's really just a semantic detail. They were continuations to the main story, and the first one even has an official name since December 2012 (Behind Enemy Lines). What changed was really only how the game is sold. Initially, it was supposed to be a $60 game with mission disks sold seperately. Now it's all individual stand alone titles, and the base game was split in two, the MMO and Squadron 42.

But you're right, it certainly is hard to keep track at this point. A lot of stuff is also constantly in flux, complicating things even further.

Barry Egan

« Reply #435 on: March 09, 2016, 09:52:24 PM »
to those who have never seen it, here is Chris Roberts wife speaking at "CitizenCon" at the end of last year.  Its straight outta Jonestown.   

The Sceneman

• Did my wife send you?
« Reply #436 on: March 10, 2016, 05:42:36 AM »
I would defile her :lawd

recursivelyenumerable

• you might think that; I couldn't possibly comment
« Reply #437 on: March 10, 2016, 06:23:00 AM »
I mean, the marketing has been pretty successful tho? :yeshrug
QED

wsippel

« Reply #438 on: March 10, 2016, 07:15:17 PM »
I mean, the marketing has been pretty successful tho? :yeshrug
Depends on how you look at it I guess. A ton of people talk a lot about the project, but they usually know very little.

Barry Egan

« Reply #439 on: March 26, 2016, 10:35:58 PM »

Barry Egan

« Reply #440 on: March 26, 2016, 10:50:16 PM »
http://forums.mmorpg.com/discussion/448002/remind-me-4-weeks-insider-info-how-deep-does-the-rabbit-hole-go

Things to look for soon ......

There are 3 trailers . Best one has Craig Fairbrass in he is pretty awesome..one will be released soon. The Stimporer is being selective

Apparently one of the A listers is not happy at all about being associated with this Fuck up and is currently seeking distance. ........a lot of distance .......off grid physics distance.

The animation system is so fucked they have to reshoot mo cap......The budget set aside for this element of the game has over run by 12 times the initial estimate !!

Chris is really pissed about ED I mean really pissed. Its everyone fault but his of course

This forum and any forum that has any SC content is read by paid peons CONFIRMED. To be fair , they do adjust policy (with regards public facing issues ) in response. So.....
No more of that fake news report bollocks, more dev interviews etc. This in itself is amazing

Ben is actually in a really bad way. I am not taking the piss here but please remember he is a human being and is clearly in a lot of trouble .

3 ! Yes 3 high profile ship jumpers in the foreseeable.

There have also been some rather explosive conversations behind the scenes with some very disgruntled top tier Wales. there is a genuine concern that these people band together ........

Other than that its business as usual: The Vanduul are up for a rethink by the looks of it as they didn't go across as impressively as was required. Slight concerns about scale/ships are now becoming real panic blockers and the blame game has begun. SQ42 Ep 1 or 10000 will be here next year , late next year .

For anyone that still has money in this, if what they want is a visually impressive but really boring first person dog fighting game running at 3 fps with loads or terrible and I mean fucking terrible cutscenes then sit tight it may still happen and you will be very happy.

Anyone that bought into this for an open world alternate reality where you can roam the verse and be who you want to be, farming and raping and grieifng and parkouring etc . I suggest that you rethink your investment..... and be fucking quick about it

At ease commandos

another tidbit from that guy

Real progress ends the second that [Chris's] vessel docks in 'Wimslow, the heart of Manchester'. However more people internally are waking up . This project will see completion , 20% what was promised ... In and around .. 2021! Seriously, that is what is being bandied around. 'There's plenty of cash, ignore the noise . It gets done when it gets done.'

Barry Egan

VomKriege

• Do the moron
« Reply #442 on: April 03, 2016, 11:52:08 AM »
Did we ever link this :

:hulk
ὕβρις

Joe Molotov

• Administrator
« Reply #443 on: April 04, 2016, 12:08:42 AM »
$111 US Million Dollars
©@©™

VomKriege

• Do the moron
« Reply #444 on: April 04, 2016, 01:31:22 AM »
$111 US Million Dollars

The funding is currently way below the peak of the final quarter of last year with "only" 2m / month but it is also because there was no new ship sales currently. A couple of those are due soon... I think funding will stay strong through 2017 unless the single player lapses its release date.

EDIT :

https://forums.robertsspaceindustries.com/discussion/comment/6447481/#Comment_6447481

From March 9 of 2016
Just remember this. Most games take 5 to 10 years in development behind closed doors. This game has only been in development for a couple.

:doge
SC dev time : forever 2 years.
« Last Edit: April 04, 2016, 01:48:03 AM by VomKriege »
ὕβρις

VomKriege

• Do the moron
« Reply #445 on: April 06, 2016, 06:14:44 PM »
We’re working on optimizing code but we’re actually in the middle of a massive backend rewrite – completely changing the way the serialization works to a much more efficient, logical way. Which is the item port- the item 2.0 system we’ve talked about, which we’ve recently got going. It is a fundamental part of that, because we’re restructuring some of the way that entities are set up – so we’re changing it completely from the way it was done in the old CryEngine to be a very component-based setup, much more logical, and we’re only really serializing data that we need to serialize rather than big globs of data and it’s not nearly as, I guess, fixed as the old system was. Because the old system was really built for small, 16 player or 8 player, multiplayer games – deathmatch, FPS shooter-style whereas we’ve got something that we need to be up for long times, hours or days of time have the server up and have hundreds of people on it.

Turns out CryEngine ain't good for large player counts and maps. Who would have guessed ?
ὕβρις

The Sceneman

• Did my wife send you?
« Reply #446 on: April 06, 2016, 07:00:53 PM »
:snoop

Steve Contra

• Bought a lemon tree straight cash
« Reply #447 on: April 06, 2016, 07:34:44 PM »
Man they really buried that piece of news :lol
vin

Barry Egan

« Reply #448 on: April 06, 2016, 11:50:02 PM »
We’re working on optimizing code but we’re actually in the middle of a massive backend rewrite – completely changing the way the serialization works to a much more efficient, logical way. Which is the item port- the item 2.0 system we’ve talked about, which we’ve recently got going. It is a fundamental part of that, because we’re restructuring some of the way that entities are set up – so we’re changing it completely from the way it was done in the old CryEngine to be a very component-based setup, much more logical, and we’re only really serializing data that we need to serialize rather than big globs of data and it’s not nearly as, I guess, fixed as the old system was. Because the old system was really built for small, 16 player or 8 player, multiplayer games – deathmatch, FPS shooter-style whereas we’ve got something that we need to be up for long times, hours or days of time have the server up and have hundreds of people on it.

Turns out CryEngine ain't good for large player counts and maps. Who would have guessed ?

I like how he closes that question too.

And partly that was because the server on the physics step was running at a much slower framerate than the client so we’re working on things to make all that better, it’s a work-in-progress, it will take a little while to get going but once it does, it will be better and there will be a lot more people in the instances and we’ll be moving smoothly. So these are all things that the network team is working on – I wish we had more members of the network team, we have essentially about 4 engineers that work on the game server network side and then we have another 3 that working in the backend services side. But if any of you out there are network engineers and wanna work on a really ambitious game, let us know, because we’ve had open positions for this for quite a while.

We’re always looking for good people because the things that we need is networkers, there’s a big need for us on the engineering side, AI is a big need and physics – if there’s any physics geniuses out there but if you talk to anyone in the game business, those are all the areas that are it’s genuinely hard to find people.
We’re moving along and it’s going to be pretty cool when it’s all said and done, cause it’s basically building a system, I’ve talked about it before, that the next generation of how you build these online cloud-driven systems, so we can distribute it across many servers and process more than you would in traditional single-server setups.

So anyway, probably a long answer for whether or not there will be spaces for more additional pilot players, but there you go.

Sounds like everything is going fine.  just fine. :marimo

VomKriege

• Do the moron
« Reply #449 on: April 07, 2016, 12:54:18 AM »
You can get Gary Oldman & Mark Strong but can't headhunt a physics or network guy ?

:cmonson
ὕβρις

Barry Egan

« Reply #450 on: April 13, 2016, 03:43:12 PM »
Derek Smart has put a new star citizen blog up  :doge

http://www.dereksmart.org/2016/04/star-citizen-the-ele/

He's claiming that the FCA is currently investigating the UK studios, and that he has a meeting scheduled with the FTC in May.

He's willing to drop the whole thing if CIG lets him do a full financial audit to his own satisfaction though.  He'd even be gracious enough to sign an NDA beforehand  :doge 

VomKriege

• Do the moron
« Reply #451 on: April 13, 2016, 05:49:35 PM »
He seems to be rehashing a lot of stale info by now. He jumped the gun to play the prophet part, so now he's sounding just cray cray. Croberts made me a believer... that they can drag this thing at least a couple more years and that will release a single player game.
ὕβρις

Barry Egan

« Reply #452 on: April 13, 2016, 08:28:40 PM »
I'm actually weirdly kind of derek smarts friend now.  I mean literally.  Like he gave me a draft of that blog to read before he pushed it live. 

All of his writing are, erm, idiosyncratic to say the least, and extremely self-referential.  I don't think he's trying to hide the fact that he's on the spectrum though, which accounts for a lot of it.

The blog does have new stuff towards the end of it.  The accusation of the FCA visiting them is a big one.  They don't just do routine drops into peoples businesses. If he were bluffing about it, CIG would undoubtedly sue him immediately.  I have a feeling they won't be. 

Derek did blow some of his cred by claiming their would be a lawsuit within 90 days of starting his campaign.  He claims it ended up getting shut down because of recent changes in arbitration laws.  There has been alot of stuff he's gotten right however.  Regardless, it looks to me like this is going to be coming to a head within months, not years, regardless of Derek's intervention.  We'll see.       

brob

• 8 diagram pole rider
« Reply #453 on: April 13, 2016, 08:32:21 PM »
I'm actually weirdly kind of derek smarts friend now.  I mean literally.  Like he gave me a draft of that blog to read before he pushed it live. 

hold up ??? what are u doing ???

how did u come into this situation ???

:doge :doge :doge :doge :doge

chronovore

• relapsed dev
« Reply #454 on: April 14, 2016, 01:33:05 AM »
Is there... any reason Derek Smart feels entitled to lead this campaign? Is he an investor? A concerned fan? Publicly celebrated cyber-stalker?

Sure, there's no doubt a lot of shady stuff at the developer, but why does Smart think he's owed this privilege?

VomKriege

• Do the moron
« Reply #455 on: April 14, 2016, 03:21:06 AM »
He was a backer and obviously he's DEREK SMART a celebrated and loved game designer.

The whole lawsuit stuff is the most delusional part of his rants, but heh... Who knows ?
ὕβρις

chronovore

• relapsed dev
« Reply #456 on: April 14, 2016, 11:47:54 PM »
He was a backer and obviously he's DEREK SMART a celebrated and loved game designer.

The whole lawsuit stuff is the most delusional part of his rants, but heh... Who knows ?

Huh.

Or, hey, he could actually try shipping his own game, Battlewagoncruisercar 5000. Maybe this slippage and feature creepery hits so close to home for Smart, and that's why it's triggering this obsessive behavior.

VomKriege

• Do the moron
ὕβρις

naff

• someday you feed on a tree frog
« Reply #458 on: April 17, 2016, 09:51:15 PM »

:idont

◕‿◕

VomKriege

• Do the moron
« Reply #459 on: April 20, 2016, 07:14:57 PM »
“So, really what we’re doing with Star Citizen is we’re working on the game, adding features for an incredibly ambitious design – I don’t think there is any other game that is trying to do as much as we’re trying to do. So, degree of difficulty 11, not 10. And, we’ll have what we determine is a minimum viable product feature list for what you would call Star Citizen the commercial release which is basically when you say, “Okay, we’ve gotten to this point and we’ve still got plans to add a lot more cool stuff and more content and more functionality and more features…” – Which by the way includes some of the later stretch goals we have because not all of that is going to be for ‘absolutely right here’ on the commercial release. But we’ll have something that we’ll think, ‘Okay yeah, not everyone can play it but it doesn’t matter – you can load it up, it plays really well, it’s really stable, there’s lots of content, there’s lots of fun things to do, different professions, lots of places to go, we’ve got a really good ecosystem.’ So, when we get to that point that’s when we would say, “Now it’s not alpha, it’s not beta, it’s Star Citizen 1.0.”

:doge
ὕβρις

Tasty

« Reply #460 on: April 20, 2016, 08:34:26 PM »
fryimshocked.gif

Barry Egan

« Reply #461 on: April 24, 2016, 04:10:20 PM »
Is there... any reason Derek Smart feels entitled to lead this campaign? Is he an investor? A concerned fan? Publicly celebrated cyber-stalker?

Sure, there's no doubt a lot of shady stuff at the developer, but why does Smart think he's owed this privilege?

Here's what I understand about Derek's decision to go whole hog on this:

- He was an original backer
- He started hearing from industry folk that something was rotten in denmark
- The more he looked into it/heard from industry people about what was going on the more he felt compelled to speak out
- He wrote a couple blogs about it, which coincided with the escapist article detailing alot of the unsavory things going on.  Eventually Chris Roberts responded with this long-form screed on the star citizen website (skip past the lawyers memo at the top).
- Derek is a retired millionaire with lots of people talking him, and thereby has the means to make them eat their words.  If he chooses to drop the whole thing there's a good chance Chris Roberts gets out of dodge and basically gets away with maybe the biggest bait-and-switch in the industries history.     

I have no doubt some amount of jealousy and home-turf rivalry play a part as well.  And he's a total loon.  But he's doing a good thing here imo.  also its entertaining as hell.  :doge
« Last Edit: April 24, 2016, 04:14:24 PM by Barry Egan »

Barry Egan

« Reply #462 on: May 02, 2016, 07:51:34 PM »

recursivelyenumerable

• you might think that; I couldn't possibly comment
« Reply #463 on: May 04, 2016, 04:39:43 PM »
Derek Smart being covertly advised by members of The Bore, a shadowy occult society that critics allege to be manipulating the game industry in pursuit of their own mysterious e
QED

Yeti

• Hail Hydra
« Reply #464 on: May 04, 2016, 05:42:01 PM »
Derek Smart being covertly advised by members of The Bore, a shadowy occult society that critics allege to be manipulating the game industry in pursuit of their own mysterious e

I like to think that the end of this post isn't a typo, but that Recursively was silenced mid-sentence by a Bore assassin before he could
WDW

bluemax

« Reply #465 on: May 06, 2016, 02:09:52 AM »
Someone I know in real life knows Derek Smart. I kind of keep hoping that this will lead to me meeting him at a party. I would like to speak to a drunk as shit Derek Smart.
NO

VomKriege

• Do the moron
« Reply #467 on: May 18, 2016, 07:44:26 PM »
Not a lot going on, but I wanted to link that thread on the official forums :

https://forums.robertsspaceindustries.com/discussion/comment/6659910/#Comment_6659910

In short, some people over there are engaged in an arduous debate about whether the xchange of money for ships is a commercial sale or a donation, which doesn't have the same potential legal consequences. I actually linked at the tail of the thread, but it started earlier with some arguing over the fact that VAT has been applied for a long time to European backers. I think it's just another bit of evidence that stretching "crowdfunding" over such an extreme period is rife with issues.

Can't find a a longer timeline of funding than the one currently on the site, but the graph has definitely "cratered" with four consecutive months of slow decline (they still raked in south of 2m$ in April, mind you) after a crazy end of 2015. Will be interesting to see there's a real long term tendency...
ὕβρις

chronovore

• relapsed dev
« Reply #468 on: May 23, 2016, 06:26:39 AM »
I'm ignorant of much of the differences in gameplay, audience, tone... but is there any reason people aren't just playing Elite: Dangerous?

I know this thread is about crowdfunding shenanigans, and what almost feels like a cult-of-personality war between Smart and Roberts, but if this is about piloting a uniquely outfitted ship to have influence on a persistent world... it seems like people already have an option that doesn't involve sums of money that could otherwise be used to make a downpayment on a house.

Is this just about Wing Commander nostalgia and the obsessive nature of fandom?

VomKriege

• Do the moron
« Reply #469 on: May 23, 2016, 07:03:52 AM »
I haven't played E:D but there's a fair bit of criticism to it as well. Not everyone is enamored with its flight model (It's not so much a space simulation but WWII dogfights, very much by design), it's still quite empty as it is, and some felt that Frontier did have a bit of bait and switches or overpromising in their KS (Game is always-on online at this point). The Frontier official forums or the thread on RPS forum would provide you with way deeper criticisms. Consensus is however that Frontier learnt from its mistakes and that they are much more cautious with promises and focusing on what they can deliver (not everyone is happy with the pace tho). There's still a big element of "game as a service, can only be completed in XX years" to the E:D project which comes with the inherent flaws of that.

It's hard to really characterize SC since it has evolved to be like Tetsuo at the end of Akira, but it always had grand ambitions, a lot of star power flash (Roberts himself and the whole cinematic, film star stuff), is heavily committed to having cutting edge AAA graphic fidelity, emphasis on having a real single player element (absent in E:D) and is currently promising an incredible (literally) level of detail and mechanics.
ὕβρις

CatsCatsCats

• 🤷‍♀️
« Reply #470 on: May 24, 2016, 03:10:21 PM »
Personally I've been loving E:D and it's probably going to be my jam for awhile

Plus I bought it for like 18 bucks

VomKriege

• Do the moron
« Reply #471 on: May 27, 2016, 03:35:45 AM »
ὕβρις

benjipwns

• your bright ideas always burn me
« Reply #472 on: May 27, 2016, 03:50:39 AM »
That got way more entertaining when everything went to hell compared to when it was "working" properly.

Also the guy dying immediately. :lol

Wonder what would happen if someone on the skins team fell through the ship into space or if that's something not implemented.

There was this bad game back in 2003-ish or so called Mace Griffin: Bounty Hunter for PC/Xbox/PS2/GCN. One of the gameplay premises was that the combat was seamless from outside the capital ships to the inside of them. So you could theoretically take a ship outside and kill dudes through the windows and then when you got there in the level they'd already be dead. I assume that would be one of the goals of this mode eventually?

bluemax

« Reply #473 on: May 27, 2016, 11:36:51 PM »
It will never stop annoying me the way people in the games industry try to completely ruin what it means for software to be at Alpha.

Star Citizen isn't remotely close to Alpha level.
NO

VomKriege

• Do the moron
« Reply #474 on: May 28, 2016, 03:10:44 AM »
As seen on Derek Smart's blog

ὕβρις

seagrams hotsauce

« Reply #475 on: May 29, 2016, 08:24:08 PM »
"Psychological fracking techniques"   :lol lmfao

Joe Molotov

• Administrator
« Reply #476 on: May 30, 2016, 12:04:35 AM »
Seems legit.
©@©™

VomKriege

• Do the moron
« Reply #477 on: May 30, 2016, 02:30:39 AM »
To be fair, the graph was done by a goon (IIRC) so it's partly tongue-in-cheek (?).
ὕβρις

VomKriege

• Do the moron
« Reply #478 on: May 30, 2016, 06:13:39 PM »
http://www.polygon.com/2016/5/30/11720714/what-to-expect-from-the-pc-gaming-show

However, Polygon has learned that Roberts will not be on hand. Cloud Imperium will not be participating in the PC Gaming Show despite agreeing several months ago to do so.

A representative for Cloud Imperium tells us that Roberts sent PC Gamer his regrets just a few weeks ago, saying that his schedule won't allow for a trip to Los Angeles. In fact, the studio is skipping E3 entirely.

Instead, the spokesperson tells us that Roberts will be devoting all his efforts to work on Squadron 42 at his studio in England. The rep added that the studio will have something to show at Gamescom in August.
ὕβρις

VomKriege

• Do the moron
« Reply #479 on: June 02, 2016, 06:35:11 PM »
Welp they're still doing mocap according to the last official video...

The Senior Ship Animator Jay Brushwood is in London working on ship enter and exit animations

Hannes is Cinematics Director and is back briefly from London
He talks about the process of mocap and how the process went a lot smoother this time
Scheduling can be hard as they have to plan around when certain actors can and can’t have beards

The latter is obviously for the single player game... Christ it must cost a pretty penny if all is done at Serkis's studio.
ὕβρις