Author Topic: Fighting Games Thread: GAROU 2 GAROU 2 GAROU 2 GAROU 2  (Read 428817 times)

brob

• 8 diagram pole rider
Re: Fightan Games Thread
« Reply #420 on: March 24, 2016, 02:53:23 PM »
these teasers def scream money. :doge let's not pretend they won't be gutted and turned into an IP vault if they don't make money

nachobro

• Live Más
« Reply #421 on: March 24, 2016, 02:53:27 PM »
Pretty sure she is Kim's master's wife, yeah.  The T&A has always been there, dude.  It does seem more exaggerated now...sorta.  I mean go see what Maximum Impact was like.  :doge
maximum impact blue mary  :yuck

:trash :trash :trash

VomKriege

• Do the moron
« Reply #422 on: March 24, 2016, 03:49:30 PM »
I meant only the real games :doge

As I said, I feel that before some of the female characters were exempt from the whole fanservice routine or had, by FG standards, pretty modest outfits (Leona, Whip, King, Yuri, Xiangfei, Kasumi, Chizuru) and even Shermie, Vice or Mature were more sexualized in manners than outright bare skin. Obviously they're all glamourous and fantaisies, but still... Leona bouncing like some Gainax character really rubs me the wrong way.

Besides I'm not too crazy with all the designs.

And yeah I'm with Brob on this one. SNK will be zombified for good if this doesn't have some success at least in Asia.
ὕβρις

brob

• 8 diagram pole rider

Rufus

• 🙈🙉🙊
« Reply #424 on: March 25, 2016, 10:39:09 AM »
I remember some American player saying that Kuroda should take a shower.

brob

• 8 diagram pole rider
« Reply #425 on: March 25, 2016, 11:10:52 AM »
yes, the two commonly known things about kuroda is that he is the best 3s player in the world and that he smells bad.

Rufus

• 🙈🙉🙊
« Reply #426 on: March 25, 2016, 11:11:50 AM »
29 though. I thought he was older for some reason.

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #427 on: March 25, 2016, 03:32:08 PM »
these teasers def scream money. :doge let's not pretend they won't be gutted and turned into an IP vault if they don't make money

Don't know what the budget is.  Still doesn't change what I said.

:idont

I meant only the real games :doge

:doge

MI became big enough to be a "real game."  The last one even got an arcade release.

As I said, I feel that before some of the female characters were exempt from the whole fanservice routine or had, by FG standards, pretty modest outfits (Leona, Whip, King, Yuri, Xiangfei, Kasumi, Chizuru) and even Shermie, Vice or Mature were more sexualized in manners than outright bare skin. Obviously they're all glamourous and fantaisies, but still... Leona bouncing like some Gainax character really rubs me the wrong way.

Besides I'm not too crazy with all the designs.

And yeah I'm with Brob on this one. SNK will be zombified for good if this doesn't have some success at least in Asia.

It has always depended on the character.  Mai was totally overly-sexualized in KOF '94.  And let's not forget that you could blow off King and Yuri's tops, which came from AOF.  And then you had Blue Mary topless in Real Bout Fatal Fury.  :doge
ど助平

VomKriege

• Do the moron
« Reply #428 on: March 25, 2016, 06:46:52 PM »
Obviously, you would have noted that I didn't mention Mai, Blue Mary or Angel. As I said, some characters were previously spared the treatment and so far I'm not sure it's true for XIV. The bare chested on defeat thing was never transposed to KoF, right ?
ὕβρις

nachobro

• Live Más
« Reply #429 on: March 25, 2016, 08:34:56 PM »
Yep, even in 13

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #430 on: March 26, 2016, 06:10:03 AM »
Obviously, you would have noted that I didn't mention Mai, Blue Mary or Angel. As I said, some characters were previously spared the treatment and so far I'm not sure it's true for XIV. The bare chested on defeat thing was never transposed to KoF, right ?

It was in KOF.  The only thing not in there was the Blue Mary thing I mentioned from RBFF.
ど助平

nachobro

• Live Más
« Reply #431 on: March 26, 2016, 11:01:58 AM »
Speaking of boobs, picked up DOA5LR for X1 since it was pretty cheap. Haven't really touched the series since 3 but this one is actually a decent amount of fun. Played for a few hours during the local weekly with friends and really enjoyed it. Might dig a little deeper on this game since I don't really have any other fighter I like playing right now.

Also I can definitely see why folks a while ago were saying Rachel is OP in this game. She hits like a truck and can combo from almost any launch move into an air throw and then combo out of that too. :lol I dunno if that's normal for the game but goddamn it looks cool.

Also little bits about this game are pretty nice. Like playing on Random Select stage and hitting rematch also re-randomizes the stage. Nice touch.

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #432 on: March 26, 2016, 02:38:44 PM »
NCR is going on.  Just opened a stream and saw Tokido body 801 Strider.  He perfected him in the first round of the second match.  :lol
ど助平

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #433 on: March 26, 2016, 02:42:14 PM »
Speaking of boobs, picked up DOA5LR for X1 since it was pretty cheap. Haven't really touched the series since 3 but this one is actually a decent amount of fun. Played for a few hours during the local weekly with friends and really enjoyed it. Might dig a little deeper on this game since I don't really have any other fighter I like playing right now.

It's a really good game.  Best DOA ever made, easily.  :piss Itagaki :piss2  Hayashi may have produced some questionable Ninja Gaidens,  but I can't fault him for DOA.  The netcode could stand to be a lot better, however, and there are a lot of times I just quit playing outright if I can't find a decent connection after searching for a bit.

The game has shit-tons of DLC, but it's pretty much all just outfits.  You can get Naotora Ii from Samurai Warriors 4, now, though.

Also I can definitely see why folks a while ago were saying Rachel is OP in this game. She hits like a truck and can combo from almost any launch move into an air throw and then combo out of that too. :lol I dunno if that's normal for the game but goddamn it looks cool.

Rachel was OP...they toned her down.  She's solid but no longer the unstoppable powerhouse that she was for a bit in DOA5 Ultimate.
ど助平

nachobro

• Live Más
« Reply #434 on: March 27, 2016, 09:36:45 AM »
Yeah I definitely am having a good time with it, more than any other DOA. The online on the X1 version is :trash so I guess its gonna be training mode and offline VS for me.

The disc has like 300 costumes on it already so that's good enough for me. I still need to run through most of the cast list so I'll wait on buying another character for now. From what I've played so far I really am liking Rachel, Momji, and Bayman. Mila seems like a cool, unique character but I'll have to look up some videos cause I feel like I'm playing her wrong. An MMA styled 3D character is a fun idea though

RE: NCR...lol Marn

nachobro

• Live Más
« Reply #435 on: March 27, 2016, 10:39:31 AM »
Also X1 seems to have some weird model issues sometimes  :lol

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #436 on: March 27, 2016, 11:18:37 AM »
There's some weird glitches here and there.  I uploaded this video from DOA5U on PS3 a couple of years ago.

ど助平

thisismyusername

• GunOn™! Apply directly to forehead!
« Reply #437 on: March 27, 2016, 11:37:51 AM »

It's a really good game.  Best DOA ever made, easily.  :piss Itagaki :piss2  Hayashi may have produced some questionable Ninja Gaidens,  but I can't fault him for DOA.  The netcode could stand to be a lot better, however, and there are a lot of times I just quit playing outright if I can't find a decent connection after searching for a bit.

Hayashi had nothing to do with DOA. That's Shambori's team. I really want Tecmo to oust Hayashi and put Shambori in charge of Ninja Gaiden after the two (well one) outing Hayashi had and completely failed at graspsing why folks liked Ninja Gaiden.

Rachel was OP...they toned her down.  She's solid but no longer the unstoppable powerhouse that she was for a bit in DOA5 Ultimate.

She still hits hard in Last Round though. :yeshrug

nachobro

• Live Más
« Reply #438 on: March 27, 2016, 12:30:20 PM »
and its great

that football costume of hers is pretty funny too. that's definitely my go to now

thisismyusername

« Reply #439 on: March 27, 2016, 02:05:41 PM »
There's some weird glitches here and there.  I uploaded this video from DOA5U on PS3 a couple of years ago.

https://twitter.com/yamapon0916_DOA/status/711009051543384064

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #440 on: March 27, 2016, 06:39:25 PM »
Hayashi had nothing to do with DOA. That's Shambori's team. I really want Tecmo to oust Hayashi and put Shambori in charge of Ninja Gaiden after the two (well one) outing Hayashi had and completely failed at graspsing why folks liked Ninja Gaiden.

Hayashi is the producer.
ど助平

Take My Breh Away

« Reply #441 on: March 28, 2016, 08:33:50 PM »
Killer Instinct Season 3 is out on Xbone and PC tomorrow. Cross buy and cross play as well

Game's still fucking lit. Though there's a PSA. You need to log into the xbone version first to transfer saved data and XP unlocks if you own it there and you need to pass a performance test for 60FPS or else you are blocked from online ranked mode. 

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #442 on: March 28, 2016, 09:04:09 PM »
Can you not pre-purchase/preload the PC version? 
ど助平

thisismyusername

« Reply #443 on: March 28, 2016, 10:50:16 PM »
you need to pass a performance test for 60FPS or else you are blocked from online ranked mode.

GOOD.

Not that I'm aware of.

Take My Breh Away

« Reply #444 on: March 29, 2016, 07:48:24 AM »

It will show up around 8am PDT/11am EST according to their twitter. But the pre-order bonus will stay active for the first few days so the PC buyers can get it.

Take My Breh Away

« Reply #445 on: March 29, 2016, 01:28:03 PM »
https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/store/games/killer-instinct/9nblggh1z149

Bumping because it's up on W10 now. That $50 "Supreme pack" deal is the way to go if you are just coming in now

:rash  :rash

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #446 on: March 29, 2016, 02:30:54 PM »
Nice, will be picking it up.   :)
ど助平

« Reply #447 on: March 29, 2016, 07:40:35 PM »
(Image removed from quote.)

:rash

g.o.a.t. fighting character

toku

• 𝕩𝕩𝕩
« Reply #448 on: March 29, 2016, 08:00:20 PM »
21 gigs and buttery smooth. It's very lit. Excited for the vampire chick to drop too because I am a goth teen at heart.

thisismyusername

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #450 on: March 30, 2016, 11:01:43 AM »
So, KI--

-Starting downloading it.  Slow as shit.  Wish this was on Steam.
-Come back and find that I have no more free space-- My C: drive isn't the biggest, but that's OK-- games and such go on the D: drive...only there's no option to change this, because LOL Windows Store.
-Quick google search finds that this is tied to your Windows storage settings.  So I change the drive to D: and download.
-It takes even longer this time.
-Boot up the game and do a performance test.  I get 917/1000, which is a fail:doge  Can still play online, but not ranked.
-Turn off AA and get over 1000 in the next test.  OK.
-Purchase the Ultimate pack for $50.
-Shadow Jago is not included and is $10.  $10 for a 'palette swap' character?  LMAO.

I played this briefly a few times before and didn't care too much for it.  The game play feels kind of stiff -especially now that SFV is out- and the character designs are largely pretty fugly.  Not sure who I am gonna use yet.
ど助平

thisismyusername

« Reply #451 on: March 30, 2016, 11:48:36 AM »
Use Arbie.

In any case, the fact they don't allow the dojo character they use for training players to be one of the free characters to use in the "demo"/F2P version is a bit  :lol

I mean, sure: The concepts still apply to the wolf, but you're teaching specific moves as anti-air/etc. to a new player, they kinda will fall back on wanting to remember that character/moves instead of digging through others at the moment.

nachobro

• Live Más
« Reply #452 on: March 30, 2016, 11:56:21 AM »
I just play Hisako, she's a fun character that is all based around breaking the way KI players play which is a blast when playing online and listening to people yell at me countering them constantly. :lol

Haven't bought S3 yet but I will eventually. I'll dl the PC version tonight and see how it plays.

toku

• 𝕩𝕩𝕩
« Reply #453 on: March 30, 2016, 02:36:40 PM »
Shadow Jago *was* a palette swap but they did a community fundraiser for a tournament iirc and part of that went to giving him his own moveset etc. Thats why he's 10 for just himself, he's an on and off limited time character.

Take My Breh Away

« Reply #454 on: March 30, 2016, 04:19:15 PM »
Use Arbie.

In any case, the fact they don't allow the dojo character they use for training players to be one of the free characters to use in the "demo"/F2P version is a bit  :lol

I mean, sure: The concepts still apply to the wolf, but you're teaching specific moves as anti-air/etc. to a new player, they kinda will fall back on wanting to remember that character/moves instead of digging through others at the moment.

Saberwulf is the easiest character to play in the game though, since his specials are easy to pull off, they are pretty simple in what they do and huge on frame advantage. His combo trait even is "Keep mashing same button for more hits" and they had to nerf his instinct because he was getting too much damage too easy. The biggest weakness is his defense is non-existent (Especially since they nerfed Eclipse on wake up) and you have to be pressuring people. So it's very easy to learn him and the game if you have less pressure on learning a stupid amount of intricacy. Jago is a shoto, but he's not hugely easy and accessible because of his traits like "around the world" doubles once you get past the "Does the same shit as Ryu" part. Once you get deeper in playing Jago. He's a bit higher on the difficulty list to master and not a very beginner friendly character once you get out of the dojo mode. I can see why they would say "Go play Saberwulf" after.

I play Riptor and she's a fairly decent beginner character. But she's also got a lot more tricky set ups to use once you know how to play the game within it's rules.

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #455 on: March 31, 2016, 03:18:04 PM »
Is there a Zangief-like grappler?  Assuming not.

Also might try Hisako if she's all weird and breaks the flow of the game.  Sounds like a good troll character.

Was gonna play last night but I just ended up playing SFV.

:idont
ど助平

nachobro

• Live Más
« Reply #456 on: March 31, 2016, 04:11:16 PM »
I've only played Hisako and Wulf so I can't help you much there. If you really want to be an obnoxious troll I also recommend Aganos. Dude throws up literal walls to block out the other player, it's hilarious. :lol

Take My Breh Away

« Reply #457 on: March 31, 2016, 04:33:39 PM »
Thunder is probably the closest to gief. Though more USF4 gief since he has an attack like green hand. Also a nice AA but he has no range at all outside of that.   

Hisako is hilarious though. Cancelling whiffs into teleport then grabbing them from behind when they are trying to go in gets people mad every time. Just requires more meter management because she has an anime meter for her cancel into parry or teleport and every hit where she has meter does more damage as a counter hit.   

nachobro

• Live Más
« Reply #458 on: March 31, 2016, 04:58:22 PM »
Yep, loved playing as her when she first came out. You could tell who had their Kinect setup as a gameplay mic as well cause I'd just hear "What? Fuck this bitch!" all the time during matches.

mormapope

• WHADDYA HEAR, WHADDYA SAY
« Reply #459 on: March 31, 2016, 05:34:50 PM »
After going offline only for SFIV to practice actual execution and focus on just learning shit, I might take the dive on SFV depending on how Guile plays. Guile, Cody, and Rose are now my mains for SFIV, simple characters with easy links and combos in SFIV, and I'd love to see their playstyles in SFV.

Buying SFV for myself will depend on the characters added overtime. SFIV, Marvel, and KoF has spoiled me when it comes to character casts.
OH!

thisismyusername

« Reply #460 on: March 31, 2016, 07:17:29 PM »
I really want Cody in SF5 unchanged. But given how Capcom changed nearly everyone (Ken. :maf ) I'm kinda leery about them bringing him back and making his QCF/QCB's into something like 360's or something. :yuck

I mean Rashad already does his CRIMINAL UPPAH gimmick. So...

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #461 on: March 31, 2016, 09:49:15 PM »
PREDICTABORU~ TROLL!  :lol :lol :lol

ど助平

brob

• 8 diagram pole rider
« Reply #462 on: April 07, 2016, 04:18:39 AM »

:lawd

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #463 on: April 07, 2016, 12:26:19 PM »
ど助平

« Reply #464 on: April 07, 2016, 12:44:19 PM »
the blob trifecta is complete

muimui x athena x sylvie

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #465 on: April 07, 2016, 06:19:28 PM »
That character looks more normal...sorta.  She's from a Pachinko game.  SNK doing a reverse Konami here.  :doge
ど助平

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #466 on: April 14, 2016, 11:36:11 AM »
Mai is back n' bouncy as ever.

ど助平

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #467 on: April 16, 2016, 07:37:39 AM »
This is really awesome.  The game also got an arcade release, too.  Crazy!

https://twitter.com/Skullgirls/status/720800800839077891

It's amazing seeing far this game has come since it was first announced and released, and too bad that it never really caught on.  It is easily the best western-developed fighting game out there, IMO, with super-responsive, fluid gameplay and amazing 1080P sprites/animation, topped off with a great soundtrack.
ど助平

chronovore

• relapsed dev
« Reply #468 on: April 17, 2016, 07:40:01 PM »
This is really awesome.  The game also got an arcade release, too.  Crazy!

https://twitter.com/Skullgirls/status/720800800839077891

It's amazing seeing far this game has come since it was first announced and released, and too bad that it never really caught on.  It is easily the best western-developed fighting game out there, IMO, with super-responsive, fluid gameplay and amazing 1080P sprites/animation, topped off with a great soundtrack.
I went to Joshin electronics store yesterday, and SKULLGIRLS even had its own endcap. Pretty great!

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #469 on: April 17, 2016, 09:09:32 PM »
And of course, after I ordered the Japanese version...they announce that a limited U.S. physical run for PS4 and possibly Vita is coming soon.   :lol
:stahp
ど助平

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #470 on: April 19, 2016, 05:18:04 PM »
LB2 out for PS4/Vita on 5/24.

ど助平

D3RANG3D

• The Bore's Like Bot
Re: Fighting Games Thread ~ The Bore Pugilists Gathering
« Reply #471 on: April 19, 2016, 05:41:25 PM »
Melty Blood goes up today.  :rejoice

thisismyusername

« Reply #472 on: April 19, 2016, 09:43:44 PM »
Sweet Jesus, Guile's V-trigger Sonic Booms. :whoo :money

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #473 on: April 22, 2016, 03:07:21 PM »
WHAAAAAAAAAAAT?!  :lol

Man, everything is getting localized...crazy!  I have this on PS4...imported after playing the arcade version last year.  It plays pretty well.

http://gematsu.com/2016/04/koihime-enbu-coming-west-pc-via-steam-may

(Image removed from quote.)

Koihime Enbu, which launched for PlayStation 4 and PlayStation 3 in Japan on January 28, is coming west for PC via Steam in May, publisher Degica Games announced.

The Unknown Games-developed fighting game is a reimagining of the Romance of the Three Kingdoms based on the Koihime Musou visual novel and features largely female characters. There are a total of 13 fighters and seven assist characters, and a number of different moves and systems.

Get the fact sheet below.

About

Based on the Koihime Musou visual novel, Koihime Enbu features a reimagining of the Romance of Three Kingdoms where the majority of characters are girls. Originally an arcade fighting game, Koihime Enbu draws upon this pedigree to offer players accessible and exciting mechanics that will draw in beginner and veteran players alike.

Fighting game veterans will relish the tight controls and fast combat, providing the possibility of huge combos and devastating counters. Explore the Fatal Counter system that creates additional combo opportunities. With almost every attack being punishable, Koihime Enbu strives to provide a cleaner and more precise fighting experience.

Features

Play as 13 different characters and 7 “assist” characters to create a huge variety of strategies!
        Old school footsies-based 2D fighting game!
        Explore the Fatal Counter system which gives moves different properties that make comboing easier, and longer!
        Utilise the Tactics Meter with special moves, ex special moves, super moves, and ultimate moves!
        Save your best bouts for later, or learn from your previous battles with Replay Mode!
        Ascend the online rankings by battling in ranked matchmaking, keep it closer to home and play with your friends in local versus mode!

ど助平

Trent Dole

• the sharpest tool in the shed
« Reply #474 on: April 22, 2016, 07:04:21 PM »
I remember hearing about the anime adaptation of that.
Hi

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #475 on: April 23, 2016, 11:35:48 AM »
Never seen it, but the game was pretty good when I tried it.

They then delayed the PS4 release from 11/2015 to 1/2016 and I imported it at release...and literally played it once-- went online and found nobody on, and shelved the game.  :lol :-\  I saw it listed for Evo (IIRC) as one of the 'anime games,' so maybe people are actually playing it now.  :doge
ど助平

toku

• 𝕩𝕩𝕩
« Reply #476 on: April 24, 2016, 11:41:20 PM »

bae

Bebpo

« Reply #477 on: April 25, 2016, 05:19:52 AM »
I haven't been paying attention, but didn't KI at launch look pretty baller on X1 besides the resolution?  I remember it looking quite nice visually.

That teaser though...wtf.  That character looks barely above PS2/Xbox era fighters graphically.  Reminds me of that Wii Castlevania fighter.  Did the game lose all their budget at some point?

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #478 on: April 25, 2016, 09:48:02 AM »
Switched developers.

But I never thought the models looked particularly-good.  It's kind of an ugly-looking game, IMO. 
ど助平

nachobro

• Live Más
« Reply #479 on: April 25, 2016, 10:27:29 AM »
It's not the best looking game but it has a lot of fancy effects and runs very quickly so you don't have much time to focus on it. At least it runs at 60 or above at all times, even online. Mira looks cool, I still need to buy S3