Author Topic: Titanfall 2  (Read 33380 times)

seagrams hotsauce

Re: Titanfall 2
« Reply #480 on: February 22, 2018, 06:25:06 PM »
Sigh, I couldn't have waited a month. Oh well, what's five bucks anyway

benjipwns

• if loving me is wrong, then god damn you do it right
« Reply #481 on: March 23, 2018, 05:25:37 AM »
i got put into back to back games with this same kid who was giving orders over voice chat

"GUYS WE HAVE TO PROTECT THE NORTHSTAR"
"WE NEED OUR TITANS QUICK"
"I'M PUTTING OUT A PARTICLE WALL, AS TONE"
"GUYS THEY HAVE A SCORCH"

we were destroying the other team but he was jabbering like we were on the verge of losing at any second, it was kinda adorable in the first game because he was so earnest, then in the second game he started to sound annoyed that nobody was following his orders

in second game the other team had all of the top three, but we had #4-9, all close together and just behind #3 so it was a bloodbath, they spent the last two minutes cursing at each other in chat so i got to grapple kill one after standing behind him for like ten seconds :lol

haven't been playing this every night like i was for months, but i noticed the player count has bumped up 200-300 a night, on weekdays! i assume people coming in through the sales

benjipwns

« Reply #482 on: March 23, 2018, 05:46:56 AM »
seeing siege get updated constantly, i kinda wish we'd get one more set of maps, even if they're just titanfall 1 rehashes and not in frontier defense, especially since those last two updates were skins

also they seem to have forgot they were going to try more primary pistols i thought? maybe they dropped that with the rifle testing they did too :-\

the wingman elite is such hacks, i've been playing with it almost exclusively for a while now to level it up, people think you're taking pot shots at em but the thing will one/two-hit kill constantly even at absurd distances :lol

i get guys with rifles at a distance and they see the pistol and almost let me take the second shot for free half the time it feels like...it's semi auto so you can dump the whole magazine pretty quick when dudes are around

i talked about it before i'm pretty sure, but they patched it to make it even more overpowered since then i think, the mozambique is really just a shotgun with a pistol model, it feels so stupid to one-shot everyone with it while running around, especially since the spread is set for two to the chest, one to the head so you really don't have to aim in close other than up a little

actually one thing they legitimately could do is put all the game modes in the game for good, rather than it cycle randomly through a featured mode, the matchmaking selector will make it not a problem with call of duty

benjipwns

« Reply #483 on: March 23, 2018, 05:49:45 AM »
oh yeah, from that korea only game:

robot sheriff :dead

Assimilate

• Now bringing you *Zen*
« Reply #484 on: April 22, 2018, 01:50:16 PM »
oh yeah, from that korea only game:
(Image removed from quote.)
robot sheriff :dead
How popular has this been over there? I'm really curious considering how shit i think Titanfall 2 turned out.

I want the third installment to go back to what Titanfall 1 was in every.single.way.

El Babua

« Reply #485 on: April 23, 2018, 01:20:54 AM »
Yo, how did Respawn get bought out for $400 mil?

I'm not even sure Titanfall 2 went black.  :doge

chronovore

• relapsed dev
« Reply #486 on: April 30, 2018, 07:55:24 AM »
i got put into back to back games with this same kid who was giving orders over voice chat

"GUYS WE HAVE TO PROTECT THE NORTHSTAR"
"WE NEED OUR TITANS QUICK"
"I'M PUTTING OUT A PARTICLE WALL, AS TONE"
"GUYS THEY HAVE A SCORCH"

we were destroying the other team but he was jabbering like we were on the verge of losing at any second, it was kinda adorable in the first game because he was so earnest, then in the second game he started to sound annoyed that nobody was following his orders

in second game the other team had all of the top three, but we had #4-9, all close together and just behind #3 so it was a bloodbath, they spent the last two minutes cursing at each other in chat so i got to grapple kill one after standing behind him for like ten seconds :lol

haven't been playing this every night like i was for months, but i noticed the player count has bumped up 200-300 a night, on weekdays! i assume people coming in through the sales

When I play multi with randos, I ALWAYS put myself into a new, private Party so I don’t have to heat the game’s default channel.

benjipwns

« Reply #488 on: May 20, 2018, 04:02:36 AM »
huh, game designer and producer ones definitely make me stand up more so than the artists who tend to shuffle around more often on franchises to do something different as they move up

especially the guy going from Respawn as designer to Multiplayer Director at IW, hopefully he cleans up the biggest problem of Infinite Warfare's MP for me in that it sprawled all over copying all the other CoD's when had it stayed tight and controlled like TF's some of the gameplay was actually pretty darn good and seemed aware of some of CoD's legacy problems back to MW3 even if they were unsuccessful about managing them (WWII did lots of this by brute force, going back in time, etc.)

IW totally has my permission to say "fuck boots on the ground" go farther into space and start dropping giant mechs from the sky and turn Infinite Warfare into a trilogoy spiritual sequel to Titanfall...especially if that franchise going forward gets chewed up in the EA maw, especially the combined Star Wars-EA maw

...though Activision may not agree about following up IW...I'd like to pretend the transfer is because they're "free'd" to follow it up since it's similar to TF in many ways already, like Treyarch has to have been free'd to ditch the campaign (speaking of which, let IW ditch zombies)

toku

« Reply #489 on: May 20, 2018, 01:39:24 PM »
This kinda makes the rumor i had heard about TF3 more believable. That and i forget his name, the original design docs for tf1 and the main designers whole goal of this new one is an almost destiny hub like experience. I could see ppl like this leaving if focus has shifted to a more of a world type game with pvp offerings. Instead of just straight split sp/pvp.

Really been meaning to swing back into this (on PC) but the last time I had it installed the competition was absolute brutal, made me feel like an idiot/dont have hundreds of hours in this game on 2 platforms lol. 

Beezy

« Reply #490 on: May 20, 2018, 10:47:28 PM »
This kinda makes the rumor i had heard about TF3 more believable. That and i forget his name, the original design docs for tf1 and the main designers whole goal of this new one is an almost destiny hub like experience. I could see ppl like this leaving if focus has shifted to a more of a world type game with pvp offerings. Instead of just straight split sp/pvp.
:(

benjipwns

« Reply #491 on: June 02, 2018, 07:46:14 AM »
last night at the end of this amped hardpoint match this dude spent the entire evac period bitching out "everyone else on the team but benji" for playing wrong and not amping the points and so on :lol

i didn't even know it until he singled me out but i wound earning up 1st because i had like 1000 attack plus an absurd 3000 defense points from dropping sentries on points and also dropping my titan on some assjerkfaces trying to cap the midpoint

toku

« Reply #492 on: June 02, 2018, 11:37:51 AM »
you had one job...and you did it

:salute

benjipwns

« Reply #493 on: July 17, 2018, 01:41:03 AM »

what in the

thisismyusername

• https://goo.gl/SEuEBL Stay pressed, DNC.
« Reply #494 on: July 17, 2018, 06:09:23 AM »
The mobile game and the Nexon F2P Korean FPS are canned.

RIP Intellectual Property. You'll soon be EA'd, Respawn. :doge

kingv

« Reply #495 on: July 17, 2018, 10:40:33 AM »
I still think a TF3 could be successful... or at least I would play it

toku

« Reply #496 on: July 17, 2018, 01:14:34 PM »
The mobile game and the Nexon F2P Korean FPS are canned.

RIP Intellectual Property. You'll soon be EA'd, Respawn. :doge

why are you like this?

seagrams hotsauce

« Reply #497 on: July 17, 2018, 04:26:54 PM »

what in the
i used to play pubg with a buddy of mine who would play with his kid strapped to his chest and would frequently spill beer on his head

benjipwns

« Reply #498 on: July 28, 2018, 01:47:54 AM »
should start recording when i play like toku, keep having epic moments i could clip out to make me look amazing

i had flung myself over a bridge and was flying diagonally and saw this dude and just started firing with the L-STAR and let my body's motion drag the crosshair across him and kill him, he said "benji what in the fuck" after looking at the killcam i assume :lol

lazy murder, bless up :rejoice

MMaRsu

« Reply #499 on: July 28, 2018, 05:35:16 AM »
GG Benji you beast

toku

« Reply #500 on: July 28, 2018, 10:54:57 AM »
Do you have an nvidia card? I use shadowplay and have it setup like xbox where when I hit a shortcut it saves the last 30 seconds.

benjipwns

« Reply #501 on: July 29, 2018, 12:52:59 AM »
ya, 1060 6GB

shadowplay use many resources or nah? although i suppose it's probably not many compared to other options since it's by nvidia themselves (then again...) not that i need to worry about that, especially with titanfall which doesn't really max anything out except on that initial texture load in...prob just need to set it down to 720p or somethin so it doesn't get too crazy in the background

thisismyusername

• https://goo.gl/SEuEBL Stay pressed, DNC.
« Reply #502 on: July 29, 2018, 10:49:17 AM »
It only taxes your drive, AFAIK. But if you have a second drive, that shouldn't be a problem.

toku

« Reply #503 on: July 29, 2018, 11:53:40 AM »
yeah if you have a second drive or an ssd it shouldn't be an issue

MMaRsu

« Reply #505 on: July 29, 2018, 02:27:18 PM »
Thats awesome art.

I wish this game was on steam. I hate Origin

toku

« Reply #506 on: July 29, 2018, 04:13:28 PM »
I often dream about Respawn somehow getting license/independent rights to TF 1 and 2 and they release it on steam f2p but charge for cosmetics. I feel really good about the world that would happen in.

kingv

« Reply #507 on: July 29, 2018, 07:28:13 PM »
Korea?

benjipwns

« Reply #508 on: July 31, 2018, 01:58:18 AM »
GOOD BOY BENJI

Assimilate

• Now bringing you *Zen*
« Reply #509 on: July 31, 2018, 09:16:02 PM »
I heard Benchy got outed for aimbotting this whole fucking time.

ouch.

toku

« Reply #510 on: July 31, 2018, 10:33:42 PM »

benjipwns

« Reply #511 on: July 31, 2018, 10:44:41 PM »
lol at that crosshair, it's out of center almost 90% of the time

benjipwns

« Reply #512 on: July 31, 2018, 10:50:59 PM »
also lol at suddi banking like 15 ticks in his clip why u need all those mang

Assimilate

• Now bringing you *Zen*
« Reply #513 on: August 01, 2018, 01:19:53 AM »
lol at that crosshair, it's out of center almost 90% of the time

Everything on youtube is fake it seems. Seriously. From the world of fitness to damn video games now. People growing their channel from straight up cheating. Benchy grew his channel from using a goddamn aimbot.

I guess it's no different than in real life, but damn.

MMaRsu

« Reply #514 on: August 01, 2018, 03:16:09 AM »
I have never heard of Benchi, but fuck this cheating bitch.

Didn't know there were cheaters in TF2 :(.

Assimilate

• Now bringing you *Zen*
« Reply #515 on: August 01, 2018, 11:50:45 PM »
I have never heard of Benchi, but fuck this cheating bitch.

Didn't know there were cheaters in TF2 :(.
He was by far the biggest remaining name in Titanfall 2 once Frothy and Sager left. People donated money to this clown to buy a new PC despite him being a grown ass man employed as a commercial airline pilot. Respawn featured him multiple times as well. Pretty awful thing to happen to such a small community.

Oh well. Titanfall 2 sucked anyways. Titanfall 1 all day.

Assimilate

• Now bringing you *Zen*
« Reply #517 on: August 06, 2018, 11:55:48 PM »
Is there any chance in hell this franchise gets a third game?

benjipwns

« Reply #518 on: August 07, 2018, 01:10:29 AM »
EA said there was a third game coming, probably after the Star Wars game, when they bought Respawn.

benjipwns

« Reply #519 on: August 07, 2018, 02:05:28 AM »
now even when we lose i win

benjipwns

« Reply #520 on: August 07, 2018, 02:06:57 AM »
me and dadbod were the only people on our team to have any defense points lol

benjipwns

« Reply #521 on: August 07, 2018, 02:17:27 AM »
this dude dropped his titan right at the entry of the bridge mid-point so none of his team could get through and i kept using the titan shield on it to block all the dopes trying to fire their rockets at me using the lock-on notice until it dropped and started to auto-titan (then i blasted it with rockets and melee'd it lol) because he couldn't get to it with his stupid teammates in the way :dead

i don't think anyone actually realized i was deliberately keeping the point amped and standing on it so it couldn't be immediately re-captured and was willing to lose the titan because they all backed up and dudes not in titans hid when i closed the gap to the edge of the capture area...it's like, fine by me to give me more time to make sweet point scorin love to the point brehs

really most people don't seem to care about amping the points, two of my kills were dinguses trying to sneak onto C while i was amping it alone because everyone else just ran past to B and they acted totally oblivious to making sure nobody was there, though i guess it's always been like this and i've probably even mentioned it before, hooray titanfall 2, bless up

Dickie Dee

• Food, Volksgemeinschaft and Fun
« Reply #522 on: August 10, 2018, 01:35:30 PM »
Titanfall 2: Ultimate Edition 85% off on PSN. Get for $5.99 Ameribucks.

FIVE DOLLARS AND NINETY-FUCKING-NINE CENTS
___

Assimilate

• Now bringing you *Zen*
« Reply #523 on: August 11, 2018, 12:31:59 AM »

I'm still shocked Titanfall titles aren't free 2 play. It was a huge fuck up on their part with Titanfall 1. It could have been a really big game had they gone that route.

EA was such a bad idea for Respawn.

MMaRsu

« Reply #524 on: August 11, 2018, 06:15:10 AM »

I'm still shocked Titanfall titles aren't free 2 play. It was a huge fuck up on their part with Titanfall 1. It could have been a really big game had they gone that route.

EA was such a bad idea for Respawn.

EA is always a fucking bad idea

benjipwns

« Reply #525 on: August 12, 2018, 04:02:22 AM »

:trumps like i don't even know anymore :lol

kingv

« Reply #526 on: August 13, 2018, 01:19:55 PM »
Defense? More like Deez Nutz.

Assimilate

• Now bringing you *Zen*
« Reply #527 on: August 13, 2018, 08:53:56 PM »

:trumps like i don't even know anymore :lol

it's called don't play fucking hardpoint.

MMaRsu

« Reply #528 on: August 13, 2018, 10:36:09 PM »
Wanted to play some TF2

wait time 13 minutes

ok then......

benjipwns

« Reply #529 on: August 13, 2018, 11:11:21 PM »
it's called don't play fucking hardpoint.
wrong, it fun, bless up

kingv

« Reply #530 on: August 16, 2018, 10:20:13 AM »
A kid my daughter plays with said his favorite video game was titanfall 2 the other day.

I was like “bet” but then he said his favorite titan was tone so I told him to go home and learn to play Ion  like a man.

Assimilate

• Now bringing you *Zen*
« Reply #531 on: August 21, 2018, 10:15:12 AM »
But Tone hasn't been good since the launch. Ion was easily the best Titan for a while there.

All these Titans have been either OP or underpowered at one point. They really fucked up the Titan play compared to how it was in the first game.

Outside of the arc cannon being too strong the game was so fucking balanced.

MMaRsu

« Reply #532 on: August 21, 2018, 10:22:41 AM »
Ohh I always play Tone -_- :(

Not that I can even get into a game nowadays

kingv

« Reply #533 on: August 21, 2018, 10:58:20 AM »
I felt like the arc cannon in TF1 fucked up the meta far far more than it is in 2. If you played against a team full of arc cannon users the only real response was to also use arc cannon. It was pretty shit.

I sort of like the more individualized titans, I just feel like they needed like 4 or 5 more.

Assimilate

• Now bringing you *Zen*
« Reply #534 on: August 21, 2018, 10:39:27 PM »
I felt like the arc cannon in TF1 fucked up the meta far far more than it is in 2. If you played against a team full of arc cannon users the only real response was to also use arc cannon. It was pretty shit.

Yeah but by time this happened most of the people playing knew not to do that. You'd run into an all arc team very rarely.

TF1 was fucking amazing. Probably my fav shooter of all time. It is sad what became of this franchise.

benjipwns

« Reply #535 on: August 21, 2018, 10:57:24 PM »
people mock Tone mains because it's got the pulse to see through walls, has the lock ons, and the main weapon is a railgun; all while having decent armor

for haps hour i always just play whatever's currently at the lowest level, same with the pilot weapons

kingv

« Reply #536 on: August 22, 2018, 12:05:22 AM »
I'm pretty picky with the loadout. I never play legion. I struggle with that fucker.

And the sniper rifles. Anything else I can at least consider fucking with.

benjipwns

« Reply #537 on: August 22, 2018, 12:09:46 AM »
i just play legion as if it's the other tf2's heavy :lol

benjipwns

« Reply #538 on: October 29, 2018, 01:35:49 AM »

:rofl

dat objective life, bless up :rejoice

benjipwns

« Reply #539 on: October 29, 2018, 01:38:43 AM »
dora_samurai was running around in a ronan mostly trying to sword kill people, which i was like yep, i got no problems with this