Author Topic: Titanfall 2  (Read 30310 times)

toku

Re: Titanfall 2
« Reply #540 on: October 29, 2018, 01:02:01 PM »
whenever you bump this thread my heart soars

benjipwns

• sources indicate ending vice presidential bid to pursue NBA head coach/front office vacancies
« Reply #541 on: November 02, 2018, 01:46:49 AM »
Like half the people in a match just had a match-long debate over whether or not Tara Reid was ever hot, only one of them contended she was still hot. Two of claimed she was always uggo.

And I finished first and we won by a landslide because I have BECOME AMPED HARDPOINT BRINGER OF DEATH.

spoiler (click to show/hide)
She had a short period where she was pretty legit imo Like on Scrubs. Though she's no Christa Miller amirite.
meowr

MMaRsu

« Reply #542 on: November 02, 2018, 02:37:06 PM »

seems hot to me

Nintex

• <(^_^)>
« Reply #543 on: November 02, 2018, 02:53:43 PM »
I would gladly fix her cable

Tara Reid = Bunny Lebowski  :teehee
dutch

benjipwns

• sources indicate ending vice presidential bid to pursue NBA head coach/front office vacancies
« Reply #544 on: November 12, 2018, 12:25:40 AM »
need to get that dude's hacks so i can finally level up this kraber, totally useless with it

but yep, still :ohyeah when you nail someone, imma god confirmed, bring it
meowr

MMaRsu

« Reply #545 on: November 19, 2018, 03:06:55 PM »
I just bought the game on Xbox One

I now have this game on all platforms  :lol

And I still can't find a game ( or play with Benji the master )

Also what about Christina Millian

toku

« Reply #546 on: November 19, 2018, 06:15:57 PM »
yes

benjipwns

« Reply #547 on: November 20, 2018, 12:21:13 AM »
i still play this almost nightly :punch

one match, sometimes two, during Happy Hour

finally got every weapon past level 10, bless up
meowr

kingv

« Reply #548 on: November 20, 2018, 12:26:15 AM »
I can’t imagine maxing the Kraber.

benjipwns

« Reply #549 on: December 09, 2018, 12:32:20 AM »

what do you mean you can kill people in this game?
meowr

toku

« Reply #550 on: December 21, 2018, 04:35:06 PM »

kingv

« Reply #551 on: December 21, 2018, 09:34:14 PM »
I would be ok with a titan fall battle Royale....

You know that’s what this will be  :stahp

benjipwns

« Reply #552 on: December 29, 2018, 12:51:13 AM »
team lucked out and had all our titans just dropped or ready to drop when round was lost, plus me and another dude had sentries to drop, so we held an epic defense of the drop ship area, and actually managed to get everyone on the team into the ship

guy on other team says "have a safe trip" :lol
meowr

thisismyusername

• https://goo.gl/SEuEBL Stay pressed, DNC.
« Reply #553 on: December 29, 2018, 02:07:16 AM »
https://twitter.com/pcgamer/status/1075561435474903040

Can't wait for it to bomb a third time and EA to Ol' Yeller Respawn after mismanaging them so badly.

benjipwns

« Reply #554 on: December 29, 2018, 02:37:09 AM »
Titanfall 2 didn't really bomb, five million is pretty good except when like EA you're projecting to sell 10+ million. And somehow expected to do 4 million of those in the first week against CoD and BF doing the same.

Not that it obviously shouldn't have done better.
meowr

Don Rumata

« Reply #555 on: December 29, 2018, 06:02:00 AM »
Don't care about multiplayer, but this game had the best campaign of an FPS since Half Life 2.
And fuck is it fun to control the character around, too bad it's super short, they don't even let you use the hook in single player.

I hope they do another one of these.

Nintex

• <(^_^)>
« Reply #556 on: December 29, 2018, 06:38:39 AM »
Vince Zampella touches on the creation of the Titanfall 2 campaign in the Half Life documentary.
As it is known as the most Half Life-like single player experience since Half Life 2 + Episodes.

Apparently the Titanfall 2 campaign was made as a sort of 'game jam' project.
Small groups worked on seperate and fun gameplay concepts and level designs and they packaged those together. Which is different from writing a story and building scenario's to support the narrative.
Half Life was made pretty much in the same way. They created a game based on fun and cool gameplay concepts and technology. Which is why tentacle monsters and attack helicopters can live in the same game world.

Hopefully their Star Wars game takes a lot of cues from Titanfall and Half Life as well.
But it seems likely we'll see another Titanfall because Vince knows how to deliver games. He's a pretty safe bet as far as developers go.
dutch

MMaRsu

« Reply #557 on: January 18, 2019, 03:17:04 PM »
toku and benji add me on Origin so I can play this with yall ( if anyone even still plays this on pc ).

Im gonna look for a match now

I had to reinstall all vc++ redist packages for Origin to install it for some reason. That was fun

toku

« Last Edit: January 18, 2019, 06:01:41 PM by toku »

benjipwns

« Reply #559 on: January 19, 2019, 12:30:46 AM »

but what if it was  :aah
meowr

MMaRsu

« Reply #560 on: January 20, 2019, 01:25:42 PM »
shroud playing some tf2

toku

« Reply #561 on: January 22, 2019, 09:36:49 PM »
https://www.reddit.com/r/titanfall

entire page is beautiful with memes rn

TF2 is at that beautiful moment in the twilight years of a game's community where every player is either really good or really bad but you can't tell anymore because everyone is doing goofy shit

titanfall forever
« Last Edit: January 22, 2019, 09:48:48 PM by toku »

eleuin

• perennial loser
« Reply #562 on: January 26, 2019, 04:01:35 PM »

I've been playing off and on since earlier in 2018, number seems kinda low. I wish I recorded more gameplay..

Think I've only had one titan drop on another and it was because they were afk  :'(

benjipwns

« Reply #563 on: January 27, 2019, 12:05:33 AM »
Origin says I'm at 138 hours.

Titanfall 2's player count on PC has been higher all of 2019. It had fallen to about 700 players a night except weekends after Blops IIII came out. But all of 2019 it's been over a thousand a night. My data is actually pretty good from a statistical stand point because of me playing at YUM! Brands happy hour consistently.  I assume a bunch of people hopped in when it was $5 again in the Origin sale and saw how sweet it is. People are chatting a lot more often I noticed too.

A couple weeks ago I landed in a game with the same guy three nights in a row. The third time he said "benjipwns? nooooo we dead" because it was the same mode (Amped Hardpoint or Bounty Hunt, I forget which) again and the night before I had practically self-won a match again like the image I posted a page back or so only he was on my team then. :lol

And they were.
meowr

Beezy

« Reply #564 on: January 27, 2019, 07:57:39 PM »
Maybe I should start playing this again. Haven't really played any shooters since I stopped.

MMaRsu

« Reply #565 on: February 02, 2019, 05:28:18 AM »

benjipwns

« Reply #566 on: February 02, 2019, 05:53:37 AM »
The Youtuber notes that the game is pitched as Call of Duty: Black Ops 4 Blackout meets Rainbow Six Siege, and while it takes place in the Titanfall universe, will have a different feel than the previous games.

Matches will consist of teams of three working together to be the last team standing. How many maps there will be, and how many teams per match, isn't clear or divulged. However, TheQuatering notes there will be different classes to play as.
from what i remember that sounds like what they said BFV's battle royale is supposed to be?

though i guess EA would know about rolling out their game releases into each other
meowr

MMaRsu

« Reply #567 on: February 02, 2019, 06:17:36 AM »

kingv

« Reply #568 on: February 02, 2019, 10:17:42 AM »
I’d be pretty hyped for a titan fall battle Royale. I think it could work.

benjipwns

« Reply #569 on: February 02, 2019, 10:37:13 AM »
would hate to be the team that drops a titan last if you only get one life
meowr

benjipwns

« Reply #570 on: February 02, 2019, 10:39:22 AM »
thankfully i roll with the bonus to titan drop time for damaging titans and the thunderbolt, they were coming so fast the other night i was totally wasting each one spamming too many melees between reloads rather than being the slightest bit careful :lawd
meowr

MMaRsu

« Reply #571 on: February 02, 2019, 10:42:11 AM »
I doubt there will be titans in BR

would be cool tho

benjipwns

« Reply #572 on: February 02, 2019, 10:43:26 AM »
THEN HOW U CALL IT TITAN FALLS

IS NOT PILOT FALLS :maf :maf :maf
meowr

thisismyusername

« Reply #573 on: February 02, 2019, 04:08:54 PM »
The Mech's drop as air-supplies a la PUBG. Book it, you know that's how they'd make it happen.

benjipwns

« Reply #574 on: February 02, 2019, 04:13:53 PM »
Schreier on it:
The game isn’t officially announced just yet, but word leaked out this morning thanks to esports journalist Rod Breslau. As Breslau reported today, it’s called Apex Legends and will be out on Monday for PC, Xbox, and PS4. It’s a free-to-play battle royale that, interestingly, won’t let you use the Titan mech suits that make Titanfall so iconic. You’ll have supernatural MOBA-like hero abilities and play either solo or in a team of three as you battle other players for delicious chicken dinners.

We’ve heard all of those same details. A tipster sent me some info about Apex Legends early last month—“It plays like Titanfall mixed with Overwatch and Blackout from Call of Duty: Black Ops 4,” they told me at the time—and from what we’ve heard, publisher EA held an event for streamers and YouTubers this week to show off the game, which is likely how the news leaked.

Here’s another interesting tidbit: As I was reporting on EA’s purchase of Titanfall developer Respawn in the fall of 2017—a move that was forced by a Nexon bid for the studio and may have been directly connected to the closure of Visceral—I heard from a Respawn source that Titanfall 3 was well into development and that the studio had been looking to release it by the end of 2018. The rationale, that source said, was that the game’s underlying technology was starting to feel dated and that Titanfall 3 might not feel or look as good if it came out too much later. (Like the previous two Titanfall games, Titanfall 3 used a modified version of Valve’s Source engine.)

Perhaps the studio decided to switch engines for Titanfall 3, releasing Apex Legends (which is also reportedly on Source) as a stopgap as it pushed back the release of a proper third Titanfall game. Or perhaps the work Respawn had done for Titanfall 3 wound up evolving into this spinoff game. No matter what, the third Titanfall appears to be way down the road.

Expect Apex Legends to be announced very soon, perhaps tomorrow at the Super Bowl or on Monday as a not-so-much-of-a-surprise reveal. This will be the first of two games Respawn has planned for this year, in addition to Star Wars: Jedi Fallen Order, which is slated to come out in the fall.

https://twitter.com/Slasher/status/1091689636341211136

i'll pop this off to a thread
meowr

kingv

« Reply #575 on: February 03, 2019, 10:48:03 AM »
No... titans?!

That’s an interesting choice.

MMaRsu

« Reply #576 on: February 03, 2019, 01:37:25 PM »
I dont see how a 60 player battle royale with titans only would work

I mean it would be insanity

Nintex

• <(^_^)>
« Reply #577 on: February 03, 2019, 03:03:24 PM »
Easy. Just make them unlockable in the game.
For example, you need to find 3 hidden items which spawn at random locations.

- Helmet
- Activation key
- Drop beacon

Collect all three and you can summon a titan.
Other players can see you wearing the helmet. So they'll be hunting you down for it.
There's 3 of these sets hidden in the map. So there can't be more than 3 titans active at the same time.
dutch

duckman2000

• A lot of shit pisses me off
« Reply #578 on: February 04, 2019, 10:33:47 AM »
That's legit like the best idea in the history of forever

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #579 on: February 05, 2019, 02:16:28 PM »
ど助平

Stoney Mason

• Our racist president
« Reply #580 on: February 05, 2019, 02:25:52 PM »
Good for them. I adore Titanfall but I understand it will never be the most popular thing in the world.

duckman2000

• A lot of shit pisses me off
« Reply #581 on: February 05, 2019, 02:27:11 PM »
I guess if I was stinking rich and successful I'd get a kick out of messing with the commoners too.

benjipwns

« Reply #582 on: February 05, 2019, 09:54:58 PM »
COOL BEANS

too bad I don't believe you because of Star Wars tho

I absolutely have no problem with them finishing that and then moving over to Titanfall 3 for 2020 so whatever
meowr

nachobro

• Live Más
« Reply #583 on: February 06, 2019, 09:05:51 AM »
v excited for wraith: an apex legends story in which she pilots a titan for a level or two

benjipwns

« Reply #584 on: February 09, 2019, 12:30:17 AM »
2000 people online in Titanfall 2 :whoo

must be people coming over from APEX?

one guy was asking stuff like "how do you fight the mechs?" and "how do you wallrun?" :doge
meowr

eleuin

• perennial loser
« Reply #585 on: February 09, 2019, 01:45:33 AM »
trickle-down playerbase  :rejoice

benjipwns

« Reply #586 on: February 13, 2019, 09:30:23 PM »
was 2500+ last night i can't even

finding games in like five seconds instead of thirty seconds
meowr

Akala

• VEGAS
« Reply #587 on: February 14, 2019, 09:00:41 AM »
I am about to give it another shot, I got on PS4 when it was dumpster discounted but it didn't grab me.

I grabbed on xbox the other day cause the deluxe digital rev was under $5.  :lol

That's probably where the player jump is coming from? Is this cross-play? Saw this morning in BEST BUY EARLY ACCESS that it was flagged as a price drop to $29.99 so bravo EA and/or BB I guess.

Aka

benjipwns

« Reply #588 on: February 17, 2019, 12:44:45 AM »
just under 3000 players tonight :aah
meowr

Dickie Dee

• Slip off the academic gown and on with the antic pants!
« Reply #589 on: February 26, 2019, 03:23:48 AM »
just saw it's the #2 selling game on the psn store.

want to jump back in after playing apex but i'm a bit lost tbh
___

Svejk

« Reply #590 on: February 27, 2019, 08:04:50 AM »
Hell, I even bought the game last week.  7 buck for the Digital Deluxe version? Shooo, I don't even play multiplayer games hardly ever, but I'll certainly pay and play the campaign at that price.

benjipwns

« Reply #591 on: March 06, 2019, 09:36:00 AM »
it's just anecdotally but the last two nights i came across a number of people talking about how they had come back to it because of APEX and it reminding them of the game, and then they really were getting back into it
meowr

toku

« Reply #592 on: March 09, 2019, 01:03:27 AM »

benjipwns

« Reply #593 on: March 10, 2019, 12:30:37 AM »
4500 players online :gladbron :whoo :rejoice
meowr

Svejk

« Reply #594 on: March 10, 2019, 02:04:26 PM »
I bought this for the campaign only..  Gotta say I was horribly bored after an hour or 2.  Guess it's not for me.   :doge 

Dickie Dee

• Slip off the academic gown and on with the antic pants!
« Reply #595 on: March 10, 2019, 05:20:06 PM »
I mean don't play it if you're not feeling it but

:huh

___

MMaRsu

« Reply #596 on: March 10, 2019, 06:35:16 PM »
7407 people on xbox

thisismyusername

« Reply #597 on: March 10, 2019, 07:28:00 PM »
I bought this for the campaign only..  Gotta say I was horribly bored after an hour or 2.  Guess it's not for me.   :doge

The campaign's only standout level is the time level about 8 missions in. It's not really worth slogging through, but if you play on easy, I suggest getting to that point for the gimmick being used pretty well alone.

toku

« Reply #598 on: March 10, 2019, 08:09:56 PM »
do you have a batsignal for displeasure?

kingv

« Reply #599 on: March 11, 2019, 02:41:59 PM »
I didn’t love the campaign that much either.

It was good, but I didn’t cream over it. I think half life 2 sucks though, so keep that in mind as everyone seems to think the two compare well.

The multiplayer in tf2 though, is the best.