Author Topic: Titanfall 2  (Read 35405 times)

toku

Re: Titanfall 2
« Reply #600 on: March 18, 2019, 08:06:10 PM »

Sho Nuff

• o/~ TOUCH ME AND I'LL BREAK YOUR FACE o/~
« Reply #601 on: March 18, 2019, 10:28:37 PM »
MY DAD IS 72 AND PLAYING TITANFALL 2 RIGHT NOW

He loves it. He talks to BT all the time even when I'm not watching him play

toku

« Reply #602 on: March 19, 2019, 07:19:08 AM »

benjipwns

• Assistant Professor of Wokatarianist Studies
« Reply #603 on: April 27, 2019, 12:39:51 AM »

teamwork, even when down a man :aah

toku

« Reply #604 on: July 22, 2019, 01:30:10 AM »

Philip Cardgage

• Frank O'Conner's (Franchise Development Director of the once well reviewed Halo series) Life Coach
« Reply #605 on: July 22, 2019, 11:01:07 AM »
You can buy Titanfall 2 for 3$ in the Dollarstore here.

Best deal ever.

benjipwns

« Reply #606 on: July 27, 2019, 12:53:53 AM »
somehow managed to blow up a full escape ship just with two electric smoke nades and me blasting it with the thunderbolt over and over; got it right as the last guy got in and it started to take off too :lol

trying to leave without my written permission :camby

benjipwns

« Reply #607 on: July 28, 2019, 12:27:44 AM »
while looking to see if nuke ejecting into a escape ship could have explained that, I came across a post saying you can grapple onto the drop ships in Attrition that bring in new grunts, I knew you could blow them up because it actually worked decently in the first game but they're quicker in the second and less of the whole game which is more apt to drop those capsules in

I may or may not have spent much of an entire match focusing on attempting to do this and then riding them up into the skybox rather than shooting people, but I also won an Amped Hardpoint match in first place from all my defense points so :pacspit

benjipwns

« Reply #608 on: July 30, 2019, 12:48:24 AM »
the mastiff is such a stupid automatic headshot weapon on anyone who's on the same level as you (especially the ground) once you get the first one i love it because it just feels absurd and it has like an exponential effect on your play because you're going in with the idea of one shotting a dude and moving on rather than any kind of battle, and even if the first shot is no good on the headshot, you only need a second one; also there's no fucking drop off from most distances lol

i always forget about it until i cycle back around to it as i cycle through every gun leveling them up

game has had more people playing it the last few weeks been about a consistent ~1100 which means matches are found in under ten seconds 95% of the time, it had dropped down to ~800 people for a long time outside of the APEX boost, but I dunno where this recent bump has come from, must been a sale or something (I almost never remember to check Origin sales), lots of not prestiged players, seeing lots of [RDDT] too used to be like one or two a match

toku

« Reply #609 on: July 30, 2019, 11:41:45 PM »
what do you have ticked for matchmaking? even at peak it takes me like 90 seconds to find games usually

benjipwns

« Reply #610 on: July 31, 2019, 02:31:26 AM »
I used to do everything but Pilots v. Pilots and Last Titan Standing because I want Pilots v. Titans action, except LiveFire was kinda okay to mess around with for a match. Then I played a really dumb CTF match involving everyone death matching while I tried to chase one dude taking the flag and took it off the list in anger, so recently I've just had Attrition/Amped/Bounty/LiveFire.

90 seconds or so was what it was like at ~800 people for me, but the last couple weeks it's been so fast I even considered turning off Attrition to see if it was possible. I seem connect to the NYC or Iowa Respawn server usually. Or Chicago, which is physically closest but it seems they only have one set of servers there, because there's an Iowa-2 and NYC-2 and NYC-3 but I've never seen a Chicago-2. Iowa is definitely slower in matchmaking I've noticed, I'll assume that it tries to grab too many people on the wrong side of the Mississippi then breaks us up due to pings.

I've never looked into how any of Titanfall 2's stuff works but I definitely like it way more than CoD's and as I've mentioned would so love for that to adopt this. Blops 4's betas all being in Control (plus Overwatch's help) I think played a huge role in saving that from the TDM hell the series always falls into but it still sucks sitting in a lobby for a single game mode.

benjipwns

« Reply #611 on: August 02, 2019, 12:46:53 AM »

powerful teamwork for the victory :punch

benjipwns

« Reply #612 on: September 27, 2019, 12:53:46 AM »
LeBron in the 2015 Finals:

toku

« Reply #613 on: September 28, 2019, 04:29:54 PM »

kingv

« Reply #614 on: September 30, 2019, 11:14:36 AM »
I started playing 2-3 matches every night Iím this and itís still a great game with a decent community on Xbox.

I came back after not playing for several months and itís still a good time. Matchmaking is still fast and it doesnít suffer from like ďthe only people still playing a try hards and pre-makesĒ that a lot of these games get after they die off a bit. Almost all of my matches are fairly close.

Had a great one last night where we were behind by like 50 points in attrition and played it tactical when they had 6 titans on the field and came back to win by 20. I went ham with Ronin and killed like 4 titans in a row.

benjipwns

« Reply #615 on: September 30, 2019, 09:54:45 PM »
Yeah, I play at least one a night still depending on how frustrating the team play was. There's actually a decent amount of "new" players on PC based on their level counts.

Ronin fucking scares people to this day if you're using everything it can do. Not even talking about just myself doing it, I see other players who can use it making other titans back up and shit when it's dashing at them, unloading with both the gun and melee and then phasing out of sight just to suddenly reappear right back in their face. :lol

The other night I realized that the Bounty Hunt titans don't pop smoke so it's totally viable to do the rodeo->titan drop kill on them to make sure nobody else can get the bounty. The timing on the battery removal animation is almost perfect so you jump off just before you'd get crushed.

Last night there was a dude running around hiding in corners cloaked so he could do executions on people. I obviously started hunting him till he stopped. :doge

benjipwns

« Reply #616 on: October 01, 2019, 12:22:15 AM »
my favorite "meme" on PC is that at the start of a match someone will type out a random piece of multiplayer dialogue, generally what the grunts yell

IT'S A PILOT NOW THE ODDS ARE ON OUR SIDE

FIRST WE FIGHT, THEN WE DRINK

THEY'RE TRYING TO CORNER US

kingv

« Reply #617 on: October 01, 2019, 10:15:40 AM »
One thing they nailed with this game is that it is seldom frustrating, even when you are losing.

Having AI enemies was a good idea for that and you come back to life so quickly that death is a temporary setback.

I do kind of think that Titanfall 1 is better in some ways though. The levels were better and the dedicated servers allowed more AI density.

Would like to see some of that come back in tf3... if it happens.

toku

« Reply #618 on: October 05, 2019, 01:25:35 PM »

toku

« Reply #619 on: October 07, 2019, 05:22:43 PM »

kingv

« Reply #620 on: October 08, 2019, 10:21:12 AM »
Now that Iíve been playing this again, it reminds me how badly some of the maps in this game suck and lend themselves to camping and other unfun play styles.

Relic is garbage, I keep running into teams that just camp out in the big orange room area under the ship. Itís lame af.

Crash site is terrible, especially if you start on the bottom.

Complex also kind of sucks.

The game is at its best with the more open maps where you can change up the direction you are approaching by going around, under, or over stuff.

Also played against a dude who was incredibly good with the grappling hook. It was like watching Neo the way he used it.

toku

« Reply #621 on: October 08, 2019, 10:47:25 AM »
All the best Titanfall 2 maps are Titanfall 1 maps. Relic doesn't suck.

MMaRsu

« Reply #622 on: October 08, 2019, 02:09:22 PM »

benjipwns

« Reply #623 on: October 09, 2019, 02:56:15 AM »
Relic's problem is that titans essentially can only go in the center from the one direction and thus it becomes a jammed up titan mess because nobody realizes you can crouch (and slide) with titans to go out/in the other way.

It does hurt when you play one of the old maps and realize just how much space there was and then play a new map. And even the ones they ported to 2 are some of the smaller ones. Like nobody really goes to the outskirts of Angel City.

I don't think I'm all that good with the grapple but I have been asked by people how to do stuff in game after they watch me use it to grab onto random things and then fling myself at odd angles. It's mostly just people thinking that it's way more limited than it actually is. Last time was a guy asking how I got across Boomtown so fast, he didn't realize you could grapple all the random shit spread on the map, not just the "walls" and I was using a car and then a broken slab to pull myself forward and then fling myself around and over the center to land on the backside in those fields.

kingv

« Reply #624 on: October 09, 2019, 08:12:26 AM »
I might try out the grapple more... but I really like the stim. Pop it to catch up to a titan, or to run away when you get shot.

Plus it restarts your healing right away.

benjipwns

« Reply #625 on: October 10, 2019, 12:52:04 AM »
holy shit, just had an amped hardpoint game where they gained control of every point and ran the score up to 397-221

we grabbed every point back, amped them all and held until we won it 400-397

bless :phil  up

benjipwns

« Reply #626 on: October 11, 2019, 12:50:42 AM »
dudes on the other team were whining through this attrition game (on Relic) in general chat for the whole match:
"i am so tired of these one sided matches"
"this game is so broken, why did they never fix it?"
"is half their team hacking"
"the kill cams do look sus"
"some of them are exploiting the grapple to triple jump"
"how the fuck did [some dude on our team] know i was going through a doorway? he was looking right at it!"
"benji must have some pay perk on his titan" (i kept dooming this dude's ion with a monarch from like halfway across the map because he was dropping the triplines and then standing and waiting for someone to come through his clever trap, the titans don't have recoil you dummy and i'm shooting at your weak point for massive damage)
"they're somehow shooting me out of the air even though i'm dodging or cloaked"
"is there a report function?"

some guy on our team at the end of the match as they're all whining more after we blow up the rescue ship finally says:
"just learn to shoot harder smdh"

lol shoot harder was perfect, none of us said anything else

it was really lopsided though, if there was a top six instead of top three we would have had five of the six and then seventh too, they weren't killing any of the fodder either, i always try to get like 50 points or so that way, just dashing the titans over grunts is probably worth 20 points a game to me (i also throw a lot of electric smoke grenades at the pods when they land)
« Last Edit: October 11, 2019, 12:55:53 AM by benjipwns »

kingv

« Reply #627 on: October 11, 2019, 10:52:25 AM »
On the boner, I very rarely get into lopsided matches.

In the last few weeks Iíve only had maybe 3 or so that were stomps. It mostly seems to happen if you Party up. I think it prioritizes pre-mades into groups with each other and randos into groups with each other.

Because I join someoneís game invite from the advocate room, the matches are a lot sweatier.

benjipwns

« Reply #628 on: October 11, 2019, 11:09:31 AM »
I don't think we were particularly lopsided in terms of what the matchmaking would take into account. We were just a better team once we got put together. Also we weren't stopping to type a bunch of shit into chat all match long.

toku

« Reply #629 on: October 12, 2019, 07:18:49 PM »

spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: October 12, 2019, 07:34:26 PM by toku »

benjipwns

« Reply #630 on: October 14, 2019, 12:37:22 AM »
saw a guy just killing it using stim and hover to fly around airborne at absurd amounts unless he ran out of level geometry, i told him so and someone on our team said "is that what he's doing? i thought it was some kind of hacking"

then the dude said "hey thanks benji you're the only one to kill me so far without a titan"

:smug :ego :smug

spoiler (click to show/hide)
actually looking up in video games :lawd

benjipwns

« Reply #631 on: October 14, 2019, 12:42:41 AM »
that grapple video reminded me a couple weeks ago i spent a bunch of a match on Rise (1:08 in vid) wall jumping back and forth against the high walls to stay up top and raining death down on titans and it was driving people crazy

edit: no, NO, that Glitch one

NO

ILLEGAL

BAN

eleuin

• perennial loser
« Reply #632 on: October 29, 2019, 10:31:19 PM »

benjipwns

« Reply #633 on: November 05, 2019, 12:24:30 AM »
I think MW has done a number on this, only 280 players on PC tonight!

This happened with Blops4 and some other games in the past but it never lasted. APEX actually brought more people into the game after the first month.

benjipwns

« Reply #634 on: November 06, 2019, 12:44:39 AM »
Weird. 940 players tonight. It was like ~800-850 in the week before MW came out. :huh