Author Topic: Titanfall 2  (Read 90235 times)

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
Re: Titanfall 2
« Reply #540 on: December 29, 2018, 06:38:39 AM »
Vince Zampella touches on the creation of the Titanfall 2 campaign in the Half Life documentary.
As it is known as the most Half Life-like single player experience since Half Life 2 + Episodes.

Apparently the Titanfall 2 campaign was made as a sort of 'game jam' project.
Small groups worked on seperate and fun gameplay concepts and level designs and they packaged those together. Which is different from writing a story and building scenario's to support the narrative.
Half Life was made pretty much in the same way. They created a game based on fun and cool gameplay concepts and technology. Which is why tentacle monsters and attack helicopters can live in the same game world.

Hopefully their Star Wars game takes a lot of cues from Titanfall and Half Life as well.
But it seems likely we'll see another Titanfall because Vince knows how to deliver games. He's a pretty safe bet as far as developers go.
🤴

MMaRsu

• Administrator
« Reply #541 on: January 18, 2019, 03:17:04 PM »
toku and benji add me on Origin so I can play this with yall ( if anyone even still plays this on pc ).

Im gonna look for a match now

I had to reinstall all vc++ redist packages for Origin to install it for some reason. That was fun
What

toku

• 𝕩𝕩𝕩
« Last Edit: January 18, 2019, 06:01:41 PM by toku »

benjipwns

• your bright ideas always burn me
« Reply #543 on: January 19, 2019, 12:30:46 AM »

but what if it was  :aah

MMaRsu

• Administrator
« Reply #544 on: January 20, 2019, 01:25:42 PM »
shroud playing some tf2

What

toku

• 𝕩𝕩𝕩
« Reply #545 on: January 22, 2019, 09:36:49 PM »
https://www.reddit.com/r/titanfall

entire page is beautiful with memes rn

TF2 is at that beautiful moment in the twilight years of a game's community where every player is either really good or really bad but you can't tell anymore because everyone is doing goofy shit

spoiler (click to show/hide)
titanfall forever
[close]
« Last Edit: January 22, 2019, 09:48:48 PM by toku »

eleuin

• perennial loser
« Reply #546 on: January 26, 2019, 04:01:35 PM »

I've been playing off and on since earlier in 2018, number seems kinda low. I wish I recorded more gameplay..

Think I've only had one titan drop on another and it was because they were afk  :'(

benjipwns

« Reply #547 on: January 27, 2019, 12:05:33 AM »
Origin says I'm at 138 hours.

Titanfall 2's player count on PC has been higher all of 2019. It had fallen to about 700 players a night except weekends after Blops IIII came out. But all of 2019 it's been over a thousand a night. My data is actually pretty good from a statistical stand point because of me playing at YUM! Brands happy hour consistently.  I assume a bunch of people hopped in when it was $5 again in the Origin sale and saw how sweet it is. People are chatting a lot more often I noticed too.

A couple weeks ago I landed in a game with the same guy three nights in a row. The third time he said "benjipwns? nooooo we dead" because it was the same mode (Amped Hardpoint or Bounty Hunt, I forget which) again and the night before I had practically self-won a match again like the image I posted a page back or so only he was on my team then. :lol

spoiler (click to show/hide)
And they were.
[close]

Beezy

« Reply #548 on: January 27, 2019, 07:57:39 PM »
Maybe I should start playing this again. Haven't really played any shooters since I stopped.

MMaRsu

• Administrator
« Reply #549 on: February 02, 2019, 05:28:18 AM »
What

benjipwns

« Reply #550 on: February 02, 2019, 05:53:37 AM »
The Youtuber notes that the game is pitched as Call of Duty: Black Ops 4 Blackout meets Rainbow Six Siege, and while it takes place in the Titanfall universe, will have a different feel than the previous games.

Matches will consist of teams of three working together to be the last team standing. How many maps there will be, and how many teams per match, isn't clear or divulged. However, TheQuatering notes there will be different classes to play as.
from what i remember that sounds like what they said BFV's battle royale is supposed to be?

though i guess EA would know about rolling out their game releases into each other

MMaRsu

• Administrator
« Reply #551 on: February 02, 2019, 06:17:36 AM »
What

kingv

« Reply #552 on: February 02, 2019, 10:17:42 AM »
I’d be pretty hyped for a titan fall battle Royale. I think it could work.

benjipwns

« Reply #553 on: February 02, 2019, 10:37:13 AM »
would hate to be the team that drops a titan last if you only get one life

benjipwns

« Reply #554 on: February 02, 2019, 10:39:22 AM »
thankfully i roll with the bonus to titan drop time for damaging titans and the thunderbolt, they were coming so fast the other night i was totally wasting each one spamming too many melees between reloads rather than being the slightest bit careful :lawd

MMaRsu

• Administrator
« Reply #555 on: February 02, 2019, 10:42:11 AM »
I doubt there will be titans in BR

would be cool tho
What

benjipwns

« Reply #556 on: February 02, 2019, 10:43:26 AM »
THEN HOW U CALL IT TITAN FALLS

IS NOT PILOT FALLS :maf :maf :maf

thisismyusername

• GunOn™! Apply directly to forehead!
« Reply #557 on: February 02, 2019, 04:08:54 PM »
The Mech's drop as air-supplies a la PUBG. Book it, you know that's how they'd make it happen.

benjipwns

« Reply #558 on: February 02, 2019, 04:13:53 PM »
Schreier on it:
The game isn’t officially announced just yet, but word leaked out this morning thanks to esports journalist Rod Breslau. As Breslau reported today, it’s called Apex Legends and will be out on Monday for PC, Xbox, and PS4. It’s a free-to-play battle royale that, interestingly, won’t let you use the Titan mech suits that make Titanfall so iconic. You’ll have supernatural MOBA-like hero abilities and play either solo or in a team of three as you battle other players for delicious chicken dinners.

We’ve heard all of those same details. A tipster sent me some info about Apex Legends early last month—“It plays like Titanfall mixed with Overwatch and Blackout from Call of Duty: Black Ops 4,” they told me at the time—and from what we’ve heard, publisher EA held an event for streamers and YouTubers this week to show off the game, which is likely how the news leaked.

Here’s another interesting tidbit: As I was reporting on EA’s purchase of Titanfall developer Respawn in the fall of 2017—a move that was forced by a Nexon bid for the studio and may have been directly connected to the closure of Visceral—I heard from a Respawn source that Titanfall 3 was well into development and that the studio had been looking to release it by the end of 2018. The rationale, that source said, was that the game’s underlying technology was starting to feel dated and that Titanfall 3 might not feel or look as good if it came out too much later. (Like the previous two Titanfall games, Titanfall 3 used a modified version of Valve’s Source engine.)

Perhaps the studio decided to switch engines for Titanfall 3, releasing Apex Legends (which is also reportedly on Source) as a stopgap as it pushed back the release of a proper third Titanfall game. Or perhaps the work Respawn had done for Titanfall 3 wound up evolving into this spinoff game. No matter what, the third Titanfall appears to be way down the road.

Expect Apex Legends to be announced very soon, perhaps tomorrow at the Super Bowl or on Monday as a not-so-much-of-a-surprise reveal. This will be the first of two games Respawn has planned for this year, in addition to Star Wars: Jedi Fallen Order, which is slated to come out in the fall.

https://twitter.com/Slasher/status/1091689636341211136

i'll pop this off to a thread

kingv

« Reply #559 on: February 03, 2019, 10:48:03 AM »
No... titans?!

That’s an interesting choice.

MMaRsu

• Administrator
« Reply #560 on: February 03, 2019, 01:37:25 PM »
I dont see how a 60 player battle royale with titans only would work

I mean it would be insanity
What

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #561 on: February 03, 2019, 03:03:24 PM »
Easy. Just make them unlockable in the game.
For example, you need to find 3 hidden items which spawn at random locations.

- Helmet
- Activation key
- Drop beacon

Collect all three and you can summon a titan.
Other players can see you wearing the helmet. So they'll be hunting you down for it.
There's 3 of these sets hidden in the map. So there can't be more than 3 titans active at the same time.
🤴

duckman2000

• A lot of shit pisses me off
« Reply #562 on: February 04, 2019, 10:33:47 AM »
That's legit like the best idea in the history of forever

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #563 on: February 05, 2019, 02:16:28 PM »
ど助平

Stoney Mason

• So Long and thanks for all the fish
« Reply #564 on: February 05, 2019, 02:25:52 PM »
Good for them. I adore Titanfall but I understand it will never be the most popular thing in the world.

duckman2000

• A lot of shit pisses me off
« Reply #565 on: February 05, 2019, 02:27:11 PM »
I guess if I was stinking rich and successful I'd get a kick out of messing with the commoners too.

benjipwns

« Reply #566 on: February 05, 2019, 09:54:58 PM »
COOL BEANS

too bad I don't believe you because of Star Wars tho

I absolutely have no problem with them finishing that and then moving over to Titanfall 3 for 2020 so whatever

nachobro

• Live Más
« Reply #567 on: February 06, 2019, 09:05:51 AM »
v excited for wraith: an apex legends story in which she pilots a titan for a level or two

benjipwns

« Reply #568 on: February 09, 2019, 12:30:17 AM »
2000 people online in Titanfall 2 :whoo

must be people coming over from APEX?

one guy was asking stuff like "how do you fight the mechs?" and "how do you wallrun?" :doge

eleuin

• perennial loser
« Reply #569 on: February 09, 2019, 01:45:33 AM »
trickle-down playerbase  :rejoice

benjipwns

« Reply #570 on: February 13, 2019, 09:30:23 PM »
was 2500+ last night i can't even

finding games in like five seconds instead of thirty seconds

Akala

• Easy Victor
« Reply #571 on: February 14, 2019, 09:00:41 AM »
I am about to give it another shot, I got on PS4 when it was dumpster discounted but it didn't grab me.

I grabbed on xbox the other day cause the deluxe digital rev was under $5.  :lol

That's probably where the player jump is coming from? Is this cross-play? Saw this morning in BEST BUY EARLY ACCESS that it was flagged as a price drop to $29.99 so bravo EA and/or BB I guess.

benjipwns

« Reply #572 on: February 17, 2019, 12:44:45 AM »
just under 3000 players tonight :aah

Dickie Dee

• It's not the band I hate, it's their fans.
« Reply #573 on: February 26, 2019, 03:23:48 AM »
just saw it's the #2 selling game on the psn store.

want to jump back in after playing apex but i'm a bit lost tbh
___

Svejk

« Reply #574 on: February 27, 2019, 08:04:50 AM »
Hell, I even bought the game last week.  7 buck for the Digital Deluxe version? Shooo, I don't even play multiplayer games hardly ever, but I'll certainly pay and play the campaign at that price.

benjipwns

« Reply #575 on: March 06, 2019, 09:36:00 AM »
it's just anecdotally but the last two nights i came across a number of people talking about how they had come back to it because of APEX and it reminding them of the game, and then they really were getting back into it

toku

• 𝕩𝕩𝕩
« Reply #576 on: March 09, 2019, 01:03:27 AM »

benjipwns

« Reply #577 on: March 10, 2019, 12:30:37 AM »
4500 players online :gladbron :whoo :rejoice

Svejk

« Reply #578 on: March 10, 2019, 02:04:26 PM »
I bought this for the campaign only..  Gotta say I was horribly bored after an hour or 2.  Guess it's not for me.   :doge 

Dickie Dee

• It's not the band I hate, it's their fans.
« Reply #579 on: March 10, 2019, 05:20:06 PM »
I mean don't play it if you're not feeling it but

:huh

___

MMaRsu

• Administrator
« Reply #580 on: March 10, 2019, 06:35:16 PM »
7407 people on xbox
What

thisismyusername

• GunOn™! Apply directly to forehead!
« Reply #581 on: March 10, 2019, 07:28:00 PM »
I bought this for the campaign only..  Gotta say I was horribly bored after an hour or 2.  Guess it's not for me.   :doge

The campaign's only standout level is the time level about 8 missions in. It's not really worth slogging through, but if you play on easy, I suggest getting to that point for the gimmick being used pretty well alone.

toku

• 𝕩𝕩𝕩
« Reply #582 on: March 10, 2019, 08:09:56 PM »
do you have a batsignal for displeasure?

kingv

« Reply #583 on: March 11, 2019, 02:41:59 PM »
I didn’t love the campaign that much either.

It was good, but I didn’t cream over it. I think half life 2 sucks though, so keep that in mind as everyone seems to think the two compare well.

The multiplayer in tf2 though, is the best.

toku

• 𝕩𝕩𝕩
« Reply #584 on: March 18, 2019, 08:06:10 PM »

Sho Nuff

• o/~ TOUCH ME AND I'LL BREAK YOUR FACE o/~
« Reply #585 on: March 18, 2019, 10:28:37 PM »
MY DAD IS 72 AND PLAYING TITANFALL 2 RIGHT NOW

He loves it. He talks to BT all the time even when I'm not watching him play

toku

• 𝕩𝕩𝕩
« Reply #586 on: March 19, 2019, 07:19:08 AM »

benjipwns

« Reply #587 on: April 27, 2019, 12:39:51 AM »

teamwork, even when down a man :aah

toku

• 𝕩𝕩𝕩
« Reply #588 on: July 22, 2019, 01:30:10 AM »

benjipwns

« Reply #589 on: July 27, 2019, 12:53:53 AM »
somehow managed to blow up a full escape ship just with two electric smoke nades and me blasting it with the thunderbolt over and over; got it right as the last guy got in and it started to take off too :lol

trying to leave without my written permission :camby

benjipwns

« Reply #590 on: July 28, 2019, 12:27:44 AM »
while looking to see if nuke ejecting into a escape ship could have explained that, I came across a post saying you can grapple onto the drop ships in Attrition that bring in new grunts, I knew you could blow them up because it actually worked decently in the first game but they're quicker in the second and less of the whole game which is more apt to drop those capsules in

I may or may not have spent much of an entire match focusing on attempting to do this and then riding them up into the skybox rather than shooting people, but I also won an Amped Hardpoint match in first place from all my defense points so :pacspit

benjipwns

« Reply #591 on: July 30, 2019, 12:48:24 AM »
the mastiff is such a stupid automatic headshot weapon on anyone who's on the same level as you (especially the ground) once you get the first one i love it because it just feels absurd and it has like an exponential effect on your play because you're going in with the idea of one shotting a dude and moving on rather than any kind of battle, and even if the first shot is no good on the headshot, you only need a second one; also there's no fucking drop off from most distances lol

i always forget about it until i cycle back around to it as i cycle through every gun leveling them up

game has had more people playing it the last few weeks been about a consistent ~1100 which means matches are found in under ten seconds 95% of the time, it had dropped down to ~800 people for a long time outside of the APEX boost, but I dunno where this recent bump has come from, must been a sale or something (I almost never remember to check Origin sales), lots of not prestiged players, seeing lots of [RDDT] too used to be like one or two a match

toku

• 𝕩𝕩𝕩
« Reply #592 on: July 30, 2019, 11:41:45 PM »
what do you have ticked for matchmaking? even at peak it takes me like 90 seconds to find games usually

benjipwns

« Reply #593 on: July 31, 2019, 02:31:26 AM »
I used to do everything but Pilots v. Pilots and Last Titan Standing because I want Pilots v. Titans action, except LiveFire was kinda okay to mess around with for a match. Then I played a really dumb CTF match involving everyone death matching while I tried to chase one dude taking the flag and took it off the list in anger, so recently I've just had Attrition/Amped/Bounty/LiveFire.

90 seconds or so was what it was like at ~800 people for me, but the last couple weeks it's been so fast I even considered turning off Attrition to see if it was possible. I seem connect to the NYC or Iowa Respawn server usually. Or Chicago, which is physically closest but it seems they only have one set of servers there, because there's an Iowa-2 and NYC-2 and NYC-3 but I've never seen a Chicago-2. Iowa is definitely slower in matchmaking I've noticed, I'll assume that it tries to grab too many people on the wrong side of the Mississippi then breaks us up due to pings.

I've never looked into how any of Titanfall 2's stuff works but I definitely like it way more than CoD's and as I've mentioned would so love for that to adopt this. Blops 4's betas all being in Control (plus Overwatch's help) I think played a huge role in saving that from the TDM hell the series always falls into but it still sucks sitting in a lobby for a single game mode.

benjipwns

« Reply #594 on: August 02, 2019, 12:46:53 AM »

powerful teamwork for the victory :punch

benjipwns

« Reply #595 on: September 27, 2019, 12:53:46 AM »
LeBron in the 2015 Finals:

toku

• 𝕩𝕩𝕩
« Reply #596 on: September 28, 2019, 04:29:54 PM »

kingv

« Reply #597 on: September 30, 2019, 11:14:36 AM »
I started playing 2-3 matches every night I’m this and it’s still a great game with a decent community on Xbox.

I came back after not playing for several months and it’s still a good time. Matchmaking is still fast and it doesn’t suffer from like “the only people still playing a try hards and pre-makes” that a lot of these games get after they die off a bit. Almost all of my matches are fairly close.

Had a great one last night where we were behind by like 50 points in attrition and played it tactical when they had 6 titans on the field and came back to win by 20. I went ham with Ronin and killed like 4 titans in a row.

benjipwns

« Reply #598 on: September 30, 2019, 09:54:45 PM »
Yeah, I play at least one a night still depending on how frustrating the team play was. There's actually a decent amount of "new" players on PC based on their level counts.

Ronin fucking scares people to this day if you're using everything it can do. Not even talking about just myself doing it, I see other players who can use it making other titans back up and shit when it's dashing at them, unloading with both the gun and melee and then phasing out of sight just to suddenly reappear right back in their face. :lol

The other night I realized that the Bounty Hunt titans don't pop smoke so it's totally viable to do the rodeo->titan drop kill on them to make sure nobody else can get the bounty. The timing on the battery removal animation is almost perfect so you jump off just before you'd get crushed.

Last night there was a dude running around hiding in corners cloaked so he could do executions on people. I obviously started hunting him till he stopped. :doge

benjipwns

« Reply #599 on: October 01, 2019, 12:22:15 AM »
my favorite "meme" on PC is that at the start of a match someone will type out a random piece of multiplayer dialogue, generally what the grunts yell

IT'S A PILOT NOW THE ODDS ARE ON OUR SIDE

FIRST WE FIGHT, THEN WE DRINK

THEY'RE TRYING TO CORNER US