Author Topic: Hitman  (Read 31288 times)

AdmiralViscen

• Murdered in the digital realm
Hitman
« on: June 17, 2016, 12:00:32 AM »
Is no one playing this?

It's really good.

Bebpo

Re: Hitman
« Reply #1 on: June 17, 2016, 01:16:41 AM »
Yes, yes, yes!

43 hours logged so far and I still haven't messed with Marrakesh much.  Game is seriously my GoTY so far in 2016 and every week I love loading it up and playing new targets.  The stealth is great, the levels are amazingly deep.  I've been singing praises about this game for like two months now.  I really hope it sells decent enough so they can keep this up for another year. 

As a stealth gaming fan, this is the game I always dreamed of.

mormapope

• WHADDYA HEAR, WHADDYA SAY
« Reply #2 on: June 17, 2016, 01:27:55 AM »
Its really awesome and sad (in Capcom's case or Telltale's case) that the devs and designers have followed a timely schedule. Meanwhile, Capcom can't release one character a month for SFV.
« Last Edit: June 17, 2016, 02:10:02 AM by mormapope »
OH!

Bebpo

« Reply #3 on: June 17, 2016, 01:47:43 AM »
Also I'm playing it on PC, yet this is probably better on PS4 because it's one of those games that I'd love to have an easy share feature for.  Definitely run into hilarious moments at times.

My kill for the last 48 hour elusive target this week, I couldn't figure out a way to take him out stealthy, so I was gonna use the rubber ducky but I didn't realize there was a remote explosive ducky and a proximity mine ducky and so when I walked by the target while he was in a crowd and casually dropped a rubber ducky, I took like 5 steps and it automatically exploded sending the entire crowd flying in every direction and killing the target and alerting everyone I was like "oh shit" and "walk walk walk" and quickly got the fuck out of there and walked out of the mission!

AdmiralViscen

« Reply #4 on: June 17, 2016, 09:51:12 AM »
Playing this with friends in the room is fuck awesome

pilonv1

• I love you just the way I am
« Reply #5 on: June 17, 2016, 10:03:57 AM »
Absolutely love it

Missed the elusive target this week :bawl
itm

AdmiralViscen

« Reply #6 on: June 17, 2016, 10:28:55 PM »

AdmiralViscen

« Reply #7 on: September 27, 2016, 07:14:58 PM »
Episode 5 is out, it's based on the Oregon militia takeover

Bebpo

« Reply #8 on: September 27, 2016, 11:09:48 PM »
Might give it a run tonight...

For me giving a map a run is like a 4 hour project of "hey, I wonder if I can do this?", might wait until the weekend.  Although I guess I should update my thoughts on the game.  Bangkok was kinda weak.  There's some cool stuff to it like sniping from building to building, but for the most part it's just a smaller map similar to Paris's mansion without a ton to do.  I feel like it's a map that let you be a lot less creative or free form compared to the prior maps.  From 1-4, Sapienza > Paris > Marrakesh (which is still pretty good and has grown on me a lot) >>> Bangkok.  Hoping Colorado and Japan are good stuff.  Would love to have another huge open world map like Sapienza before the season is over. 

Also my opinion of Bangkok might go up as more escalations are added.  It's hard to really judge a map when there's not that many targets/missions on it.  Sometimes escalations really open up a new layer of "wow, I can do this?", the added escalations to Marrakesh definitely helped it for me.

Bebpo

« Reply #9 on: September 29, 2016, 03:37:05 AM »
I'm liking Colorado.  Feels really different from the other maps.  Like a boss battle map, MGS ground zeroes style.  I think that's the key to this new Hitman, if you're only going to have 6 giant sandbox stages, then you really need to make them all as unique as possible.  Which is why it was weak when Bangkok was so similar to Paris.  But Colorado feels good.  I can see a lot of good missions coming out of this stage.

AdmiralViscen

« Reply #10 on: September 29, 2016, 10:31:35 PM »
I'm away so I can't play it

benjipwns

• your bright ideas always burn me
« Reply #11 on: October 09, 2016, 06:04:48 PM »

1:56 :lol

8:30 :dead :dead :dead :dead
« Last Edit: October 09, 2016, 06:09:24 PM by benjipwns »

Shuri

« Reply #12 on: October 09, 2016, 08:54:47 PM »
My personal GOTY so far. I've been playing this since it came out, and it's been a blast. I've been a fan since the first game,and this sequel is pretty much perfect. I also really enjoy the episodic release setup. It works well with the feel of the game.

The escalation missions add fun new challenges too!

G The Resurrected

« Reply #13 on: October 10, 2016, 11:27:06 AM »
Season 2  :lawd

pilonv1

« Reply #14 on: October 11, 2016, 02:53:28 AM »

I'd be happy if season 2 was just remakes of Blood Money levels  :mouf
itm

MMaRsu

• Administrator
« Reply #15 on: October 11, 2016, 07:26:23 PM »

I'd be happy if season 2 was just remakes of Blood Money levels  :mouf

Without Jesper Kyd it will feel soulless anyway
What

Vertigo

« Reply #16 on: October 11, 2016, 11:14:55 PM »
I brought this but haven't had the time to really explore as the levels are so detailed and huge.

Will put some time in over the christmas holidays.

Bebpo

« Reply #17 on: November 01, 2016, 03:58:46 AM »
Last stage of the season Japan - Hokkaido is out.  Did one run through it tonight.  Very interesting map.  It's the most unique out of all the maps because you can't start with any items which really changes up the game when you don't have even coins to distract people or a silenced pistol.  In my first run I spent a while just running around exploring looking for items I could steal and add to my inventory and figuring out a way to get someone's disguise considering I had no items and the area is pretty packed with civilians.  Had a fun, interesting run.  The map's also pretty complex as first glance.  Tons of rooms, very maze-like.  Also seems fun with ninjas and swords and stuff.  It's cool in that it's a stark contrast from the last map of Colorado which is all weapons everywhere, hostile area, wide open.  Both are cool and complete opposite sides of the spectrum.  Looking forward to putting more time into this map and Colorado since I've only done 1 run in each. 

Bebpo

« Reply #18 on: November 05, 2016, 04:57:18 AM »
Season 2 confirmed.  From Gaf:

Same launcher from Season 1;
New locations and missions from Season 2 will be added to the base game we already have;
Unlocks from Season 1 will be available to be used on Season 2 and onwards;
New free content like Elusive Targets and Escalation Missions will still come to Season 1 maps even after Season 2 has already started;
Previous cities/countries could be revisited with a new location/mission.

Also it sounds like it's a March/April start.  Since it's possibly coming so soon I just hope they use the next 4 months until S2 starts to really flesh out these last 3 stages.  Mission-wise they feel a bit barebones compared to the first 3 locations.

eleuin

• perennial loser
« Reply #19 on: November 05, 2016, 12:59:45 PM »

fistfulofmetal

• RAPTOR
« Reply #20 on: November 07, 2016, 10:46:47 AM »
Bought and played some of this over the weekend. Seems pretty awesome. I'm going back and forth on if I want to play with the Opportunities system set to Full or Minimum. With Minimum I at least get to see they exist and they give me a basic idea of what I should do but I have trouble figuring it out. With it set to Full I don't feel like I'm actually doing anything.

I was doing Sapienza and went after the opp for the chick where you pretend to be the golf coach. I managed to take him out and got his disguise but I left him out in the open and they apparently woke him up. I was IN THE PROCESS of luring the lady into the love shack and she was saying how she wasn't sure if we should still be doing this when the friggin golf coach RAN INTO THE ROOM butt ass naked and to the bathroom. I froze up but quickly jumped up and knocked her out and snapped her neck and got the heck outta there.
nat

fistfulofmetal

• RAPTOR
« Reply #21 on: November 14, 2016, 10:17:04 AM »
As I continue to poke around Hitman, I keep having conflicting thoughts about the Opportunity stuff.

In the 3rd location, Marrakech, there's an opp that puts you in a printers outfit and it gets you into the area with the target. It's a good opp because it leads you to the things you need but you actually have to accomplish them yourself. Specifically in this case you have have free reign over a good chunk of the area and you're completely disguised so you just have to figure out the best way to get the target alone.

Those are the opportunities I enjoy. It's the other ones where it literally shows you exactly where to go and what to do, I'm a little bummed about those.
nat

zomgee

• We've *all*
« Reply #22 on: November 16, 2016, 11:20:00 AM »
As I continue to poke around Hitman, I keep having conflicting thoughts about the Opportunity stuff.

In the 3rd location, Marrakech, there's an opp that puts you in a printers outfit and it gets you into the area with the target. It's a good opp because it leads you to the things you need but you actually have to accomplish them yourself. Specifically in this case you have have free reign over a good chunk of the area and you're completely disguised so you just have to figure out the best way to get the target alone.

Those are the opportunities I enjoy. It's the other ones where it literally shows you exactly where to go and what to do, I'm a little bummed about those.

I see it as flexible difficulty!

If Civ VI wasn't released this year Hitman would easily be my GOTY.
rub

pilonv1

« Reply #23 on: November 17, 2016, 03:05:32 AM »
There's a good mix of levels where you can get a disguise that gives you free reign on a level and ones that only get you into certain areas. They've done well getting some replay value out of the levels mainly due to the episode structure. I do wish the escalations didn't make you redo the initial parts though.

The summer bonus mission in Sapienza is fantastic too.
itm

Bebpo

« Reply #24 on: November 18, 2016, 02:50:08 PM »
Game's $30 on Steam now.  Absolutely worth it. 

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #25 on: November 18, 2016, 04:39:56 PM »
ど助平

AdmiralViscen

« Reply #26 on: November 23, 2016, 07:01:21 PM »
Buy this half off

Great Rumbler

• Dab on the sinners
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #27 on: November 23, 2016, 07:09:24 PM »
dog

Dickie Dee

• It's not the band I hate, it's their fans.
« Reply #28 on: November 24, 2016, 04:49:36 AM »
Half off on PSN, just picked up first season.
___

AdmiralViscen

« Reply #29 on: November 28, 2016, 09:06:45 AM »
Always online requirements are being scaled back starting with today's update

a slime appears

• retro king
« Reply #30 on: November 29, 2016, 10:17:49 PM »
Big thanks to whoever posted it was only $15 on Black Friday for the entire first season.

Been enjoying the hell out of this game over the weekend.

seagrams hotsauce

« Reply #31 on: November 30, 2016, 10:22:43 AM »
shit, 15$? Glad I held off on 30 but I wish I'd seen it. Glad the winter sale is right around the corner tho :rejoice

Borealis

« Reply #32 on: October 24, 2017, 01:30:19 PM »
So, a GOTY edition/upgrade has been announced:

https://www.ioi.dk/hitman-goty-edition-announcement/

For paid content, there's a new set of 4 missions (based on reworked maps: Sapienza, Bangkok, Colorado, & Hokkaido) + 3 suit/unique weapon packs combined into one purchase for exisiting players, at $20 tho. I think they've communicated this a bit too vague, but it's new material made post-S1 with some new mechanics suggested looking like a potential testbed for S2 features. 

Personally, I'm ok with paying for the DLC content (supporting the devs yadadyadada), but moreover, I'm looking forward to the major update for all players: UI redesign, more contract design conditions, major lighting improvements etc. 

Trailer:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ODUIa831DXk

AdmiralViscen

« Reply #33 on: October 24, 2017, 01:58:08 PM »
I'm all over this

WaveRacer 64

« Reply #34 on: October 26, 2017, 04:42:21 PM »
Stopped at Blood Money, never tried the newer games.

Bebpo

« Reply #35 on: October 26, 2017, 04:52:58 PM »

Well, then here is a game just for you!

Positive Touch

• Woo Papa
« Reply #36 on: October 26, 2017, 05:01:08 PM »
they just announced a greatest hits version with a new campaign too
pcp

WaveRacer 64

« Reply #37 on: October 26, 2017, 05:53:47 PM »

Well, then here is a game just for you!

Maybe, looks promising but there's some things that look questionable like the x-ray vision.

AdmiralViscen

« Reply #38 on: October 26, 2017, 05:58:32 PM »
This is one of the best games I've ever played

Also pretty sure you can disable instinct mode

Bebpo

« Reply #39 on: October 26, 2017, 07:03:16 PM »
This is one of the best games I've ever played

Also pretty sure you can disable instinct mode

:preach

Yeah, I can get behind that. Probably top 10/20 for me.

Borealis

« Reply #40 on: October 30, 2017, 02:06:27 AM »
Also, I think the GOTY announcement basically confirms S2 is in the works. IOI have never made an announcement apart from personal dev comments during game convention interviews. 

See: https://twitter.com/io_travis/status/923154225911226368

Borealis

« Reply #41 on: November 02, 2017, 01:29:47 AM »
Bit of an extended preview for the upcoming lighting changes, e.g. Paris sunset/late afternoon + Sapienza daytime looks much closer to concept art/pre-release videos now:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HEfWDHiDSJw&feature=youtu.be

New skyboxes, colours looking way less subdued/"wash out". 

:lawd
« Last Edit: November 02, 2017, 01:35:43 AM by Borealis »

Bebpo

« Reply #42 on: November 02, 2017, 04:31:10 AM »
I wonder how they'll got locked 60fps out of Xbox one X, even lowering the settings on my solid PC rig the game would chug in big crowds like Marrakesh. Unless they really optimized the engine that would be odd if they get it to 60fps.

Borealis

« Reply #43 on: November 03, 2017, 05:47:14 PM »
Big changes incoming: default loadouts, redesigned menus, new lighting and skyboxes etc.  :whoo

https://www.ioi.dk/hitman-goty-release-notes/

Bebpo

« Reply #44 on: November 13, 2017, 03:31:53 AM »
Now that the GoTY edition came out with some new missions, got back into the game. Hadn't done Colorado/Hokkaido more than once or twice on release (put like 75 hours into the first 4 stages doing mostly everything) because I was playing other stuff at the time and was kinda burnt out on Hitman, so I started with Hokkaido and played it for like 8 hours straight, got to lvl.20 and almost all the assassination challenges and escalations. Really like the map now that I know how all the underground connects.

The only thing that's kinda bullshit is in the GoTY edition they changed one of the NPCs in Hokkaido if you use the

spoiler (click to show/hide)
Bandaged man opporunity to get alone with a doctor, it used to be a surgeon and now it's a normal doctor. This only really matters for 1 assassination challenge where you need to make the chief surgeon kill the guy by uploading the kill list in the surgery room. But it went from a 15-20 min "how do I do this" to like 90 mins until I gave up and waited until I unlocked "START AS SURGEON" and then it's like 10 min thing.
[close]

After I finished up Hokkaido, gave one more run on Colorado mostly doing the opportunities (first run or two just killed the bosses with whatever). Took forever and even worse on the Sean Rose watch thing I some how got compromised with a Militia Elite outfit which is the only outfit allowed in that building. So I could either trespass with another outfit or have everyone shooting at me. Was pretty much an impossible situation but after spending like 90 mins killing all the targets I didn't want to start over. So I spent an hour trying to get through the house with every enemy on a map with 100s of enemies trying to kill me. Ended up finding a room and doing a shoutout WITH EVERY ENEMY ON THE MAP -_- That took a while, then I made the mask and left.

Yeah, after getting Hokkaido down I really don't like Colorado. It's just too big, too many enemies, and too many targets. Feels like a pain in the ass to run and doesn't seem like something I'll want to replay much because of how long it is (instead of like speedrunning 2 targets in 5-10 mins in Hokkaido when you have it down). Probably just save/reload and get as many challenges I can get in on my next run and try to get to lvl.20 mastery (at lvl.12 now) and move on.

I never did the three bonus stages and now have the 4 new stages from the GoTY edition, so I got a lot to catch up on. From the original maps I think I liked them Sapienza > Hokkaido = Paris > Bangkok > Marrakesh >> Colorado. Maybe after I watch some speedruns and learn some Colorado tricks I'll like it more.

Bebpo

« Reply #45 on: November 14, 2017, 02:58:25 AM »
Hit lvl.20 Mastery in Colorado. I hate Colorado.

Bebpo

« Reply #46 on: November 14, 2017, 01:58:15 PM »
So I watched like every video there is on Colorado, learning tips and tricks from everyone's SA runs and escalation runs.
But after another run of Colorado, even getting SA, I still hate it. My SA string quartet run took me like an hour and probably 20-30 save/reloads. Even though I knew what I was doing and was following a 9 min SA run exactly. But either because patches since a year ago broke stuff or something else, things wouldn't work and I'd have to spend 20 mins save/reloading the same 20 seconds over and over with minor variations to get it to work because there are eyes everywhere.

A good example of this is by the car lift, one of the main strategies in SA vids is turning off the generator near there and pulling the guy away from the van, knocking him out, waiting for the guy looking out the window to reset his cycle so he's looking away, then dump the body over the fence and drag it to the container and hide it.

But, if you do that half the time a guy on the roof starts walking in your direction and sees you. If you try to do it when one of the targets walks by the van, not only does the guy on the roof see you half the time, but a pair of guys walking along the outside perimeter are timed to see you through a window exactly during that time frame where the target would be lured over.

So I ended up having to throw a coin to stall the target until the two guys in the perimeter walked by, then turn off the generator and the target walks over, then because the guy on the roof is looking, I let the target turn the generator back on and start to walk away, THEN I turn it back off again and this time the roof guy has his back turned and so I take the target out, then I still have to wait by the fence for the guy in the room to reset his cycle so he doesn't turn right when I dump the body over the fence, then I can do that and drag it into a container and hide it.

So much friggen effort and trial and error minor timing changes just to get one target.

Another target I tried using a strategy from the videos for Sean Rose by waiting until he was near the fire extinguisher at the bomb test site and shoot the extinguisher once to blow him up in an accident kill. Yet now post-patches, instead of it just being an accident kill and walking away, every time it starts LOCKDOWN and makes everything a pain and I have to wait for that to end for people to cycle back to their routines.

I feel like the only quick & easy simple kill is the haystack drop for one target. Everything else is a pain. I know 2-4 ways to kill every target, and can get through the level fine and get the various disguises, but my problem with the level is it always takes a while to do all that. I just don't feel comfortable being able to jump into to the Colorado mission and do a quick and easy 10-15 min run without any save/reloads even if I don't care about SA or how the kills are done and that keeps it from being fun. The other 5 maps I can do that, if I want to just take out one target quick and easy and mess around with the other and escape I can, but doing Colorado feels like work every time. Bleh.

Last chance the map has with me is this new Patient Zero campaign which has one mission on Colorado. Final chance to make the map fun for me.

seagrams hotsauce

« Reply #47 on: November 15, 2017, 01:23:41 AM »
Surprised this didn't get posted yet. TV Show coming from the guy who did John Wick, and two more games? No details about the latter though
http://deadline.com/2017/11/hitman-television-series-derek-kolstad-john-wick-creator-hulu-fox-21-pilot-script-1202206934/

Bebpo

« Reply #48 on: November 15, 2017, 02:31:53 AM »
Yeah, the TV series thing is kinda weird. Franchise barely sell enough to stay profitable, but is profitable to keep making movies and tv shows? Weird.

2 games?

Hitman Go2
Hitman S2

8)

pilonv1

« Reply #49 on: November 15, 2017, 03:55:00 AM »
I feel like the only quick & easy simple kill is the haystack drop for one target. Everything else is a pain. I know 2-4 ways to kill every target, and can get through the level fine and get the various disguises, but my problem with the level is it always takes a while to do all that. I just don't feel comfortable being able to jump into to the Colorado mission and do a quick and easy 10-15 min run without any save/reloads even if I don't care about SA or how the kills are done and that keeps it from being fun. The other 5 maps I can do that, if I want to just take out one target quick and easy and mess around with the other and escape I can, but doing Colorado feels like work every time. Bleh.

I stopped playing around there, for some reason I just didn't enjoy it. It feels more like you have to time everything perfectly, there's little room for exploration or finding out the best strategy.

Will get back into it over Xmas with the GOTY edition but I really don't enjoy this level either.
itm

BobFromPikeCreek

« Reply #50 on: November 15, 2017, 01:04:28 PM »
Surprised this didn't get posted yet. TV Show coming from the guy who did John Wick, and two more games? No details about the latter though
http://deadline.com/2017/11/hitman-television-series-derek-kolstad-john-wick-creator-hulu-fox-21-pilot-script-1202206934/

Makes sense. The best part of John Wick 2 was pretty much a Hitman mission.
zzzzz

Bebpo

« Reply #51 on: November 15, 2017, 01:12:45 PM »
So part of the GoTY thing is they're re-activating all the elusives. At first I thought that was cool because I missed like half of them because I wasn't paying attention to the game at the time. Was hoping you could just select them from the menu now and get your 1 chance.

But nope, they're still 1 a week, and still in the same order as last time, so the Hokkaido/Colorado elusives aren't going to be available for another 6 months. I did the first half-dozen when Elusives first launched so no elusives for me to play anytime soon.

I stopped playing around there, for some reason I just didn't enjoy it. It feels more like you have to time everything perfectly, there's little room for exploration or finding out the best strategy.

Will get back into it over Xmas with the GOTY edition but I really don't enjoy this level either.

Yeah, definitely jump back in and spend the time learning Hokkaido. It's a really fun map!

Bebpo

« Reply #52 on: November 16, 2017, 03:15:12 AM »
Did the bonus stage The Icon in Sapienza, was pretty fun. Since about half of Sapienza is blocked off it's a lot smaller but basically everything is new and all that helps from previous knowledge is knowing the shortcuts. It feels about the size of the training facility but bigger and tougher. Took me around 4-5 hours and got all the challenges done and didn't even need to look anything up, so difficulty was just perfect for me. The escalation is fun too although I'm a little stumped on it and gonna youtube.

Then I did the first stage of the new Patient Zero expansion in Bangkok. On one hand it's really cool and substantial, the new campaign mainly uses the top two floors on one of the buildings but it's completely redone for the stage. Other areas are used too and are changed up and Bangkok looks nice at night.

On the other hand, it feels a little bit half assed. There are no opportunities, not many unique kills, and no new exits are anything I think. Also very few challenges, just like 3-4 unique kills + SA and usual stuff + 2 small discovery challenges and that's it. Coming from The Icon which had like 20+ challenges, more unique kills, new exits, an escalation and allowed user made contracts (for some reason the 4 new campaign maps are not available for user contracts it seems?), the new map seems a little underwhelming. It's still good, and I don't mind the lack of opportunities because they're moved more to Intel which gives hints but lets you figure it out instead of guiding you from point to point, just could use more content.

pilonv1

« Reply #53 on: November 16, 2017, 06:21:03 AM »
So part of the GoTY thing is they're re-activating all the elusives. At first I thought that was cool because I missed like half of them because I wasn't paying attention to the game at the time. Was hoping you could just select them from the menu now and get your 1 chance.

But nope, they're still 1 a week, and still in the same order as last time, so the Hokkaido/Colorado elusives aren't going to be available for another 6 months. I did the first half-dozen when Elusives first launched so no elusives for me to play anytime soon.

That's very disappointing, I missed a few in the middle. I don't see why you can't just do them whenever, but as soon as you start you have 48hrs.

Did the bonus stage The Icon in Sapienza, was pretty fun. Since about half of Sapienza is blocked off it's a lot smaller but basically everything is new and all that helps from previous knowledge is knowing the shortcuts. It feels about the size of the training facility but bigger and tougher. Took me around 4-5 hours and got all the challenges done and didn't even need to look anything up, so difficulty was just perfect for me.

Is that the movie set one? If so that's probably my favourite mission from the game.
itm

Bebpo

« Reply #54 on: November 16, 2017, 11:56:43 AM »
Yeah, I think for the second go around it'd make sense to keep the 48 hours/1 fail and its over thing, but let you start all the ones you haven't done from the menu under elusive contracts.

And yep, The Icon is the movie set one. It's a good mid-sized level.

Bebpo

« Reply #55 on: November 16, 2017, 06:14:13 PM »
Ok, I finished out The Source (first Patient Zero campaign map in Bangkok) with all the challenges. Some were fun, some were "need to watch a video speedrun where they break stuff". There's only really 1 unique kill in the map and there aren't any feats, only 14 challenges, and not even an achievement.

I liked it, but I think it feels more like a slightly more fleshed out Elusive target that you can save/load in and replay whenever you want. I'm going to assume that's what all 4 of the GoTY campaign maps are like. Whereas the bonus missions like The Icon feel more like mini-real levels.

eleuin

• perennial loser
« Reply #56 on: November 16, 2017, 08:21:20 PM »
Colorado is definitely my least favourite map

it became trivial though once I learned how easy it is to get the elite disguise (in the truck by the front of the house)

unless they changed that too

Bebpo

« Reply #57 on: November 16, 2017, 08:59:52 PM »
First couple of runs on the 2nd GoTY stage in Sapienza, The Author, is pretty fun. Feels a lot better than The Source in Bangkok. There's a couple of unique kills this time around and it feels like more room for messing around. Plus the spooky horror theme is cool, and the church/graveyard setpiece getting use outside an Elusive is nice since it's a really well designed area.

Colorado is definitely my least favourite map

it became trivial though once I learned how easy it is to get the elite disguise (in the truck by the front of the house)

unless they changed that too

Nah, still the same. It's easy to get around but I still think there aren't a lot of easy kills (just the haystack drop). Everything else either requires a couple of steps are has tight timing or someone will see you.

Bebpo

« Reply #58 on: November 18, 2017, 12:34:29 AM »
Wow, uh, the Colorado mission in the new campaign is not what I expected. Here they had a chance to make a non-annoying mission on the Colorado map. Something fun where you don't have to go do the face mask/barn thing every time and deal with 4 targets.

But instead they turned Colorado into a ...mini-game.

You're on a sniper tower far far away from the Colorado map (which has been slightly changed, there's no water tower for instance), and you have to kill 1 specific target and 3 random targets. The 3 targets are completely random out of all of the NPCs on the Colorado map which if you've played the Colorado map you know that's a lot! Your handler feeds you intel and every 10 seconds or so they'll give you a more specific intel piece. For example:

Line 1: Your target is in the greenhouse area
Line 2: Your target enjoys gardening and is on a break
Line 3: Your target is on their phone
etc...

You also can identify the targets by weird mannerisms and stuff. So you snipe the targets, either by just shooting them, or shooting stuff near them to create accident kills for maximum stealth.
BUT
If anyone is alerted, most of the time a target will start to run for the exit on the map and if they get there you fail. This is tough because hitting a running target with a sniper rifle from far in Hitman is super fucking hard and I sure as hell can't do it. My strategy when people ran was to find the nearest explosive object in their path and shoot it as they run by.

Anyhow, it's kind of a fun map and it only takes like 5 minutes and is replayable with all the different targets. But at the same time there's only so much you can do from a stationary position with a sniper rifle, so it's kind of limited. Also the lighting for the map during the bright colorful day is really good and it sucks that you can't explore the map in this time of day. And yeah it's a shame they didn't use this as a chance to make a fun, replayable good mission on the Colorado map with a nice time of day. Now Colorado is pretty much the lame duck map forever of Hitman unless S2 has something worse :|

Bebpo

« Reply #59 on: November 18, 2017, 01:50:02 AM »
Ok, the final Patient Zero mission is pretty cool. Feels like they're testing new mechanics for S2. Overall my thoughts on the new GoTY upgrade campaign is that the first stage is a solid Elusive-kinda stage, the second stage is a fun halloween mod of Sapienza focused on the church/graveyard/sewers, the third is a quirky short but fun arcade map, and the fourth is intense and exciting. Overall very worth the $20.

Also Hokkaido during the middle of the day looks gorgeous, I kinda hope they just let us pick between time of day at some point on maps that have multiple lighting layouts. They really knocked it out of the park with the lighting art direction in this 4-pack. Makes me really look forward to S2. I'm betting it'll be a real looker (S1 already looked great).

Original Hokkaido:

Daytime Hokkaido:

Original Colorado:

Daytime Colorado:

More Sapienza in the night mist shots: