Author Topic: VOAT Containment Megathread of Trash People for Trash People  (Read 2929520 times)

I'm a Puppy!

• Knows the muffin man.
Re: Other Forum Megathread and Shitposting Emporium
« Reply #17941 on: June 27, 2017, 10:16:29 PM »
Sooo....Ubisoft exploiting her to make their games appeal to SJWs is Anita actively running racketeering op?

See, I just thought that was called marketing.
que

etiolate

« Reply #17942 on: June 27, 2017, 10:18:50 PM »
For those playing at home, this is what ronito said:

but dude, you make it sound like she bursts into a game studio and says, "that's a nice female character you have there. It'd be a shame if people thought it was sexist."

Which I pointed out a strawman twice, so ronito tried to adjust what he said to

You said that Anita was running a racketeering op. I said that seems unlikely.

These are very different things.

Even then, the pie in face.  :trumps

samfish

• Cereal mispeller
« Reply #17943 on: June 27, 2017, 10:20:38 PM »
Anita is one of those people who you can immediately tell is addicted to and thrives off of personal drama. We've all known people like her since they're about a dime a dozen. Just most people mature mentally enough, and it stops being a thing by the time you're 30 at the very latest.

I'm a Puppy!

• Knows the muffin man.
« Reply #17944 on: June 27, 2017, 10:21:20 PM »
Now employing the declare-victory-despite-actual-result-o-matic?

Man, you got the coolest gadgets!
que

fistfulofmetal

• RAPTOR
« Reply #17945 on: June 27, 2017, 10:24:20 PM »
the notion that bringing attention to representation or the lack of it in a medium is considered exploitation or... running a racket... speaks volumes about how you view women.
« Last Edit: June 27, 2017, 11:06:54 PM by fistfulofmetal »
nat

fistfulofmetal

• RAPTOR
« Reply #17946 on: June 27, 2017, 10:31:18 PM »
like, i get if you disagree with Anita and some of her methods. I find some of her videos to be less than stellar. but to immediately assume she's some mustache twirling villain is just weird.
nat

Oblivion

« Reply #17947 on: June 27, 2017, 10:54:24 PM »
Can somebody explain to me what Anita has to do with "ethics in game journalism" to begin with? I never understood that bit about GG (or really GG in general)

bluemax

« Reply #17948 on: June 27, 2017, 11:08:40 PM »
Carl is a man who literally profits from harassing me and other women: he makes over $5,000 a month on Patreon for creating YouTube videos that mock, insult and discredit myself and other women online
what am i doing with my life

I mean you showed us that Political dude who makes like $1500 a month for his rants on Youtube so I don't see how this is surprising to you.

$1,500? There's nothing impressive about that.

I dunno, I think most of the local crazy people wandering my local beaches wish that someone would give them that kind of money for their unmedicated ramblings.

I mean you showed us that Political dude who makes like $1500 a month for his rants on Youtube so I don't see how this is surprising to you.
i was holding out on the idea that patreon has just become an elaborate cover for embarrassed parents to funnel cash to keep their adult children off the streets

That would be a whole lot less sad than reality.
NO

fistfulofmetal

• RAPTOR
« Reply #17949 on: June 27, 2017, 11:09:03 PM »
GG is just a collection of shitty boys being shitty to women and anyone trying to make video games better for anyone other than white males. All under the veil of "ohhh ethics"
nat

bluemax

« Reply #17950 on: June 27, 2017, 11:17:45 PM »
Who listens to Anita, anyway? ??? ??? ??? After seeing one of her tropes in video game videos and how badly she researches it, you should know more than enough about how she functions.

A lot of people in my Twitter feed re-tweeted her and a lot of them are game developers.
NO

helios

« Reply #17951 on: June 27, 2017, 11:21:46 PM »
Etiolate better be careful. You might wake up with a bloodied tampon in your bed. That's how the Feminist Mafia do.

thisismyusername

• GunOn™! Apply directly to forehead!
« Reply #17952 on: June 27, 2017, 11:23:08 PM »
Who listens to Anita, anyway? ??? ??? ??? After seeing one of her tropes in video game videos and how badly she researches it, you should know more than enough about how she functions.

A lot of people in my Twitter feed re-tweeted her and a lot of them are game developers.

That's sad, because a lot of her critics are :confused -level of understanding. Like, I get what she's trying to get at, but her criticism is making mountains out of molehills over minor things.

https://twitter.com/femfreq/status/634044904746950656

Case in point.

The sooner the industry stops feeding her, the better IMO. There are better steps of being inclusive than trying to listen to her.
« Last Edit: June 27, 2017, 11:27:52 PM by thisismyusername »

bluemax

« Reply #17953 on: June 27, 2017, 11:35:31 PM »

That's sad, because a lot of her critics are :confused -level of understanding. Like, I get what she's trying to get at, but her criticism is making mountains out of molehills over minor things.

https://twitter.com/femfreq/status/634044904746950656

Case in point.

The sooner the industry stops feeding her, the better IMO. There are better steps of being inclusive than trying to listen to her.

My guess is a lot of people don't read/watch her stuff and just go "feminism good, these other guys bad". But I could be wrong.
NO

bluemax

« Reply #17954 on: June 27, 2017, 11:44:54 PM »
I wonder how GAF would react if this was auto pasted into every thread where people port beg for Switch:

https://twitter.com/ADAMATOMIC/status/879716288599347200
NO

counterhit

« Reply #17955 on: June 27, 2017, 11:51:39 PM »
"I can't believe people pay this idiot to make youtube videos. What a scam.

P.S. here's a link to my patreon; if you donate money, it's like you are proving the other guy wrong."

thisismyusername

« Reply #17956 on: June 27, 2017, 11:55:19 PM »
My guess is a lot of people don't read/watch her stuff and just go "feminism good, these other guys bad". But I could be wrong.

Then a lot of the industry needs a good hard boot to the ass in regards to seeing her videos. Like, EA and other companies do "He for She" and Gay pride inclusion stuff now a days and that's all well and good. So... why do they have to listen to someone that makes flimsy arguments? Double so if they aren't actually listening to her very minor nitpicks that don't really do shit?

clothedmacuser

• Defender of Centrist Scum
« Reply #17957 on: June 28, 2017, 12:20:39 AM »
http://m.neogaf.com/showpost.php?p=241980144

http://m.neogaf.com/showpost.php?p=241980396

Accurate.

Quite.  Well, that's what you get when emotional histrionics are valued by the mods over rational curiosity. 

sigh

bluemax

« Reply #17958 on: June 28, 2017, 12:24:47 AM »

Then a lot of the industry needs a good hard boot to the ass in regards to seeing her videos. Like, EA and other companies do "He for She" and Gay pride inclusion stuff now a days and that's all well and good. So... why do they have to listen to someone that makes flimsy arguments? Double so if they aren't actually listening to her very minor nitpicks that don't really do shit?

https://www.polygon.com/features/2017/6/27/15880582/anita-sarkeesian-garbage-human-vidcon-interview

Too be honest though for every 1 person I see retweeting her, I could talk to 10 who don't know who she is and don't know anything about GamerGate.
NO

Momo

• Nebuchadnezzar
« Reply #17959 on: June 28, 2017, 12:43:15 AM »
I'd rather you guys go back to arguing about Islam  :doge

thisismyusername

« Reply #17960 on: June 28, 2017, 12:44:14 AM »
Nobody in the game industry should care about Gamergate at this point (or in the past two or so years). It's been dead in the collective consciousness.

I'll read that Polygon article when I get a free chance (trip coming up, so busy with shit right now), but I highly doubt it'll change my view on her as "someone that makes mountains out of molehills to make money."

clothedmacuser

• Defender of Centrist Scum
« Reply #17961 on: June 28, 2017, 12:58:29 AM »

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?p=242029416#post242029416

Gaffers who emigrate to live in Japan should have a special color on their names.  The same way mods have red names. It would make it faster to know if you have to listen to them or if they are a damaged, sad nerd who doesn't realize the 00's are over.
sigh

Let's Cyber

• Banned (duration pending)
« Reply #17962 on: June 28, 2017, 01:05:10 AM »
I'd rather you guys go back to arguing about Bobby Roberts  :doge

Momo

• Nebuchadnezzar
« Reply #17963 on: June 28, 2017, 02:14:27 AM »
It only works when you sub it out for another horrible alternative, at least Robertsing is entertaining in some form

VomKriege

• Do the moron
« Reply #17964 on: June 28, 2017, 02:45:32 AM »
http://m.neogaf.com/showpost.php?p=242012473

Everyone was worried about a military threat, not an ideological one. Even those that warned about Russia never saw this style of attack coming. Putin adapted to modern warfare far quicker than the rest of the world

:neogaf
ὕβρις

etiolate

« Reply #17965 on: June 28, 2017, 04:12:47 AM »
you realize saying "thats just a good PR move" is agreeing with what I'm saying, right? It's only good PR because it gets her promotion rather than scorn.

thisismyusername

« Reply #17966 on: June 28, 2017, 05:22:31 AM »

https://www.polygon.com/features/2017/6/27/15880582/anita-sarkeesian-garbage-human-vidcon-interview

Too be honest though for every 1 person I see retweeting her, I could talk to 10 who don't know who she is and don't know anything about GamerGate.

Quote from: Polygon
Since she began her work, video games have seen a rise in the number of positive women and minority protagonists and a decrease in the tropes she discusses, such as weak, sexually attractive "damsels in distress." Feminist Frequency has demonstrably made a difference.

::) ::) ::) ::) ::) :wank :wank :wank :wank :wank Sure, since she brought attention to it, some things in the industry have changed a little to be a bit more "positive" (less stereotypical gays, for example) but let's not say she's made a huge difference, especially as she isn't a paid consultant for a lot of things she later criticizes for "not doing enough!" to meet whatever invisible checklist of criteria that somehow "triggers" (ugh) her to do that.

She hopes that VidCon and other events will become more aware of organized trolling. "When push comes to shove, conventions like VidCon should stand up and support women and other marginalized folks who are harassed. Why should I have to go out there in this toxic environment? Why aren’t these men punished for creating that environment? After all, this is a conference about online video culture attended primarily by YouTubers, and it’s no secret that YouTube has an incredibly toxic culture.

:neogaf Oh, honey. Nobody pays attention to them beyond you. Sure, he got 400,000 views on that latest video: How many of them are unique? More so: While the harassment is shitty and you shouldn't need to deal with that: How much impact are they getting on the industry? Zero.

One man stood up and asked Sarkeesian if she "truly believes" in the work she does. The question was declined. Sarkeesian is often portrayed by reactionary critics as a cynical manipulator of public opinion for financial gain.

🤔 Well, I mean when you take the above quote... 🤔

etiolate

« Reply #17967 on: June 28, 2017, 05:28:12 AM »
If you remove the misrepresentation of games and the cherry picking and all the dishonest shit Anita does, you have some vague points about women in games...

..that were all made in 1998 in the book From Barbie to Mortal Kombat

which was like two decades ago

and most of those complaints were fixed by digital distribution resulting in more people being able to publish games leading to a diverse selection of games and characters

nudemacusers

« Reply #17968 on: June 28, 2017, 07:02:50 AM »
http://m.neogaf.com/showpost.php?p=242031957&postcount=109

Compare elegant photos of a pregnant woman to rule 34 brehs
﷽﷽﷽﷽﷽

Oblivion

« Reply #17969 on: June 28, 2017, 08:17:12 AM »
The funny thing about the pathological hatred for Sarkeesian is that she doesn't even come off as a stereotypical firebreathing feminist. She's a pretty boring, bland video game critic. She makes overly simplified arguments, and gets a lot of stuff wrong, but I don't see how someone like that has become public enemy number one for GG'ers.

etiolate

« Reply #17970 on: June 28, 2017, 08:52:11 AM »
"Gamergate" just points out her screw-ups and how she's wrong. They're more pissed at the press for embracing her moral panic because she aligns with them politically. See: posted Polygon article

Momo

• Nebuchadnezzar
« Reply #17971 on: June 28, 2017, 09:06:50 AM »
The real losers here are people who read Polygon.

etiolate

« Reply #17972 on: June 28, 2017, 09:08:10 AM »
They seem to be a hate-read for some.

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #17973 on: June 28, 2017, 09:20:54 AM »
(Image removed from quote.)
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?p=242029416#post242029416

Gaffers who emigrate to live in Japan should have a special color on their names.  The same way mods have red names. It would make it faster to know if you have to listen to them or if they are a damaged, sad nerd who doesn't realize the 00's are over.

Ah yes, another classic "JAPAN!  I'm in Japan!  JAPAN!  JAPAN!  HEY DID U KNOW I LIVE IN JAPAN!?!?" poster.  Nice profile.   :doge 
« Last Edit: June 28, 2017, 09:44:11 AM by Dosukebe »
ど助平

Hock

« Reply #17974 on: June 28, 2017, 10:05:12 AM »
The funny thing about the pathological hatred for Sarkeesian is that she doesn't even come off as a stereotypical firebreathing feminist. She's a pretty boring, bland video game critic. She makes overly simplified arguments, and gets a lot of stuff wrong, but I don't see how someone like that has become public enemy number one for GG'ers.
On top of that, she probably wouldn't be speaking at ubisoft or have any sort of influence today if gamers didn't make a big stink about her kickstarter announcement. They kind of played themselves there. All they generally accomplished was driving a dozen or so women out of the industry and making Sarkeesian a bigger presence than she ever would have been if they just ignored her videos in the first place.

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #17975 on: June 28, 2017, 10:19:40 AM »

It's because she attacked the precious vidya and that cannot be tolerated.   

But while all these people trying to take her down or harass her or whatever are all being stupid and childish, there are some things that have come from all the "detective work" done on her, mainly that she's completely full of shit and made all those "Tropes Vs. Women In Gaming" videos to get herself noticed and further her career (which I guess was just as obvious as the crap she was presenting).  People finding videos of her saying that she's not a fan of video games and never plays them, put out before she started making the Tropes series and said the opposite, were pure gold.  Plus there's the matter of her doing a Kickstarter and using all that money to supposedly buy games for review, when all she did was steal other peoples' footage instead.  But you know what?  It's Kickstarter.  People didn't have to give her money and they did.  And she gave them content.  So I guess she delivered...?

It's all just really, really dumb.  Do we really need an hour-long "reaction" video from random Youtuber to address her 15 minute Tropes topic?  It would be fine if it was just someone putting up a response that pointed out what was incorrect in a civil manner, but instead it's some dude pausing her video every 30 seconds and going "NO U DUMB CUNT UR WRONG BITCH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!" over and over again. 
ど助平

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #17976 on: June 28, 2017, 10:20:51 AM »
On top of that, she probably wouldn't be speaking at ubisoft or have any sort of influence today if gamers didn't make a big stink about her kickstarter announcement. They kind of played themselves there. All they generally accomplished was driving a dozen or so women out of the industry and making Sarkeesian a bigger presence than she ever would have been if they just ignored her videos in the first place.

Does she even have any kind of influence?  It seems like that ship sailed a few years ago already.  Her Tropes videos are over and I wouldn't even know she's still doing anything if not for posts going up about whatever she does on NeoGAF. 
ど助平

Hock

« Reply #17977 on: June 28, 2017, 10:35:20 AM »

Does she even have any kind of influence?  It seems like that ship sailed a few years ago already.  Her Tropes videos are over and I wouldn't even know she's still doing anything if not for posts going up about whatever she does on NeoGAF.
Definitely not as much as a couple of years ago.

benjipwns

• your bright ideas always burn me
« Reply #17978 on: June 28, 2017, 10:44:16 AM »
how do i get on a panel so i can announce that i have in my hands a list of 205 known gamergators working in the State Department?

benjipwns

« Reply #17979 on: June 28, 2017, 11:14:50 AM »
Stefan Molyneux (a YouTube "right wing philosopher")
More importantly a Canadian, so anything he says is immediately suspect.

spoiler (click to show/hide)
also he refuses to shit or get off the pot about whether the state is legitimate or not, typical libertarian obsessed with getting upset over women/feminists/"mens rights" over everyday important issues like the legitimacy of state violence
In 2012, libertarian philosopher David Gordon gave a critical examination of Molyneux's 2007 Universally Preferable Behaviour: A Rational Proof for Secular Ethics in The Mises Review, stating, "He fails, and fails miserably. His arguments are often preposterously bad."

Gordon would reply again to Molyneux's own response to the criticisms. Molyneux subsequently deleted posts related to this criticism of UPB.
[close]
[close]

Hrrmm. A little too close to the purple for my liking.   :doge
don't worry hon, i'm not in the purple because i'm on the edge/corner of the chart :smug

also i still hate the political compass and use it as an example of bad survey creation for example questions like these you can agree with entirely or find as "fundamentally true" but disagree completely with what you know the test is going to score it as like:
A significant advantage of a one-party state is that it avoids all the arguments that delay progress in a democratic political system.
Making peace with the establishment is an important aspect of maturity.

also odd ones that don't fit their own definitions of the two axis (and they somehow have values for Trump/Hillary/etc. for these?)
When you are troubled, it's better not to think about it, but to keep busy with more cheerful things.
Abstract art that doesn't represent anything shouldn't be considered art at all.

edit:
ha, i just went through the test marking "strongly disagree" for every answer so i could get to those questions to copy/paste, here's what it spits out:

distressingly close to sargon's results, very problematic i must say :doge

I'm a Puppy!

• Knows the muffin man.
« Reply #17980 on: June 28, 2017, 11:40:49 AM »
Everyone is talking about how great it is that Ubisoft got Anita involved in the latest Assassins creed and how they hope it will make AC more "inclusive" Or how terrible it is that Ubisoft got Anita involved in the latest Assassins creed and how they worry it will be a vehicle for SJW hamfisting. I'm just sitting here wondering if Ubisoft is going to manage to actually make the latest Assassins Creed any fun/good. :trumps
que

Mr. Nobody

• Groovy.
« Reply #17981 on: June 28, 2017, 11:42:09 AM »
Gamergate and Anita still going strong in 2017

benjipwns

« Reply #17982 on: June 28, 2017, 11:53:45 AM »
Everyone is talking about how great it is that Ubisoft got Anita involved in the latest Assassins creed and how they hope it will make AC more "inclusive" Or how terrible it is that Ubisoft got Anita involved in the latest Assassins creed and how they worry it will be a vehicle for SJW hamfisting. I'm just sitting here wondering if Ubisoft is going to manage to actually make the latest Assassins Creed any fun/good. :trumps
you climb pyramids instead of buildings

and you play as one of cleopatra's eunuchs
[close]

I'm a Puppy!

• Knows the muffin man.
« Reply #17983 on: June 28, 2017, 12:06:35 PM »
So, no.

I remember my first time playing assassin's creed and finding that I was way more excited about building up my town than anything else in the game and thought, "I'm playing a game where I'm an assassin and the most exciting thing is that I get to customize a town."

I put the controller down and haven't touched it since.
que

benjipwns

« Reply #17984 on: June 28, 2017, 12:09:26 PM »
Any sort of link Anita has or had with any sort of gaming developer begins and ends with good PR move, nothing more.

Corporations in general focus test everything and seem crazy about making sure they appeal to every possible demographic. All SJW shit did was make em go "Ok here's a black one, here's a gay one, and here's a woman" in the 80's cartoon way over any actual drive to write compelling characters of a misrepresented group, and that's completely fine, I've never gotten why a black character needs to be "justifiably" black, for lack of a better word. It is representation, and I'm not sure why this minor form of it makes people flip their shit. Or why it's somehow Anita when there has been a good number of people asking for this for years.

It's not racketeering, it's supplying a demand.
i liked this post so much i am quoting it for a SIGNAL BOOST

it's not just gaming you can see it all over media especially and it's kinda funny because they must have research that shows enough of the vocal audience wants and lives through this tightrope walking tokenism to where their earnest marketing people are probably down on their knees crying JUST TELL US WHAT YOU WANT ALREADY* thinking a single solution is possible while the higher ups see it as "all PR is good PR" and know people will move on to the next thing like remember that week we were supposed to be buying copious amounts of or burning down Chick-fil-A's to win the culture war? Or deleting Firefox because one of the CEO dudes doesn't believe in gay marriage personally? Or whatever we're supposed to be doing this week...putting stickers in our Steam sticker book I think.

*mechs that drop from the sky

and grappling hooks

especially grappling hooks
[close]

benjipwns

« Reply #17985 on: June 28, 2017, 12:11:58 PM »
So, no.

I remember my first time playing assassin's creed and finding that I was way more excited about building up my town than anything else in the game and thought, "I'm playing a game where I'm an assassin and the most exciting thing is that I get to customize a town."

well i mean actraiser was pretty cool back in the day

also, speaking of ubisoft and this, that was my favorite part of the division was building up my base which gives you nearly non-noticable stat-boosts but fills out abandoned building spaces with NPCs doing crap and also it fills up a meter so it was totally sweeeet and yes i'll do more missions for you finding some random stuff fuck those guys cryin about how they're under attack they don't have anything for my base they can wait

Dennis

« Reply #17986 on: June 28, 2017, 12:15:14 PM »

Let's Cyber

• Banned (duration pending)
« Reply #17987 on: June 28, 2017, 12:22:58 PM »
So, no.

The base mechanic ended up being in a few of the titles, but I assume it was Assassin's Creed 2? It's far as AC games go, it is one of the better ones.

You also get to beat the shit out of the Pope.   :win :edgelord :thesewoundstheywillnotheal
well i mean actraiser was pretty cool back in the day

also, speaking of ubisoft and this, that was my favorite part of the division was building up my base which gives you nearly non-noticable stat-boosts but fills out abandoned building spaces with NPCs doing crap and also it fills up a meter so it was totally sweeeet and yes i'll do more missions for you finding some random stuff fuck those guys cryin about how they're under attack they don't have anything for my base they can wait
Speaking of the base, how unbelievably lazy is Faye Lau? It's been well over a year and she's still sitting on her ass in the base with a "broken" leg.

YEAH SURE FAYE, I'LL GO MURDER HUNDREDS OF PEOPLE AND PUT MY LIFE ON THE LINE FOR THE 1,387TH TIME WHILE YOU BURN THROUGH OUR SUPPLY OF OREOS.
« Last Edit: June 28, 2017, 01:08:25 PM by Let's Cyber »

Boredfrom

« Reply #17988 on: June 28, 2017, 12:44:23 PM »
She's a pretty boring, bland video game critic. She makes overly simplified arguments, and gets a lot of stuff wrong, but I don't see how someone like that has become public enemy number one for GG'ers.

Eh, that is a pretty weak deflection. I think that is exactly why some people are annoyed at her than anything. She is celebrated and markets herself as the voice of pop culture criticism but she has mostly bland uniformed opinions with a lot of stuff wrong. And neil druckmann gives her a reward.

Joe Molotov

• I'm much more humble than you would understand.
  • Administrator
« Reply #17989 on: June 28, 2017, 12:46:59 PM »
©@©™

Momo

• Nebuchadnezzar
« Reply #17990 on: June 28, 2017, 12:49:59 PM »

VomKriege

• Do the moron
« Reply #17991 on: June 28, 2017, 12:51:17 PM »
http://m.neogaf.com/showpost.php?p=242060469

http://m.neogaf.com/showpost.php?p=242060815

:expert :neogaf

It's the 14th of July. It's not a protest day, despite autocrats attending every year. And even if (Trump is obviously high profile) he'll be nowhere near a protestor. The parade is high security on the whole Champs-Elysées avenue.

Also diplomatic relations are just about trolling each other, apparently.
« Last Edit: June 28, 2017, 12:57:08 PM by VomKriege »
ὕβρις

benjipwns

« Reply #17992 on: June 28, 2017, 01:03:08 PM »
Some of us never lost our edge  8)

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1397716
i seriously do not understand the black parade mcr fans, never have, never will

they even made one of those tribute albums where current bands do covers of every track (like have been done for nevermind or siamese dream or whatever)

benjipwns

« Reply #17993 on: June 28, 2017, 01:05:25 PM »
I was always the goody two shoes introverted shy kid. Never really had edgy days. I don't like MCR, but I legitimately think The Black Parade is a fantastic album for the story it tells.
:kobeyuck

My "edgy" days were about 8 years ago, when I read The God Delusion and began to identify as an atheist. I was on-board with Hitchens' anti-theist rhetoric, and saw those who were religious as ignorant and needing to be reformed, or however you want to frame it. I was never "militant" and let people go about their own beliefs, but I internally (unfairly) judged a lot of people back then.
:badass

My edgy days (which was middle school) consisted of me making Hitler jokes all the time and thinking it was cool.

Really not sure what was wrong with me.
:doge

benjipwns

« Reply #17994 on: June 28, 2017, 01:09:03 PM »
us real hardcore kids were listenin to "hash pipe" and "island in the sun" off the green album amirite 8)

my one friend in HS who rushed out to buy that album day one thought i liked "death metal" because i thought...and still do?...relationship of command is the best album of the era/genre/all-time/something
[close]

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #17995 on: June 28, 2017, 01:29:45 PM »
Speak of the devil.

Today, he is surrounded by a group of his supporters, who have planned to come in force and take the front seats of this VidCon panel, which is focused on the lives of women online.

The panel's first question drops. It’s about why feminism — online and in games — is an issue worthy of discussion.

Sarkeesian notes Benjamin's presence and begins speaking.

"If you Google my name on YouTube you get shitheads like this dude who are making these dumb-assed videos," she says. "They just say the same shit over and over again. I hate to give you attention because you're a garbage human. These dudes just making endless videos that go after every feminist over and over again is a part of the issue of why we have to have these conversations."

The crowd gives her a positive response, with some whoops and cheers.

On the front rows, Benjamin and his retinue rock back and forth, as if they are watching a comedy show. He yells back that he be allowed to debate with her.

But she won't debate him. She understands that he's not in the least bit interested in what she has to say.

Both sides are fucking embarrassing.  Classy way to start things off, there, though, Anita.  :doge
ど助平

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #17996 on: June 28, 2017, 01:31:56 PM »
OK, wow, that thread is :delicious

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/newreply.php?do=newreply&p=242074203
Quote from: Frozenprince;242074203
These people make a fucking living, hundreds to thousands of dollars a month. By harassing and constantly hounding women because it's "funny" and as men they obvious "know better" anyway

I'm sure the shit stains on VOAT are spanking it to this very thread. Laughing it up over NEOCUCK and it's "fucking sjw distinguished mentally-challenged fellows".

This "community" if gaming is so damn poisonous

:umad

Quote from: CaviarMeths;242075364
These apes thought they could intimidate Anita Sarkeesian of all people LOL.  I wonder how many of them got that "adrenaline high" and how many were just embarrassed to be owned by a woman in real time.

Eh, I'm sure they're reading, but VOAT is the most irrelevant corner of the internet in existence.  They only exist because goddamn reddit had too high standards.
:badass

Quote from: Mesoian;242075499
Like...It's fucking mindblowing.

And these trogs just eat it up. I read yesterday that 6 of the dudes in those first three rows are making FIVE THOUSAND DOLLARS A MONTH on their patreons. They are literally getting paid 30,000 a year before taxes to be sexist assholes who spend their time harrassing women on the internet and to make special appearences to harass women in person.

This is where we're at. The crazed bizzaro world where Al Bundy became president and "NoMaam" is thriving, healthy, profitable entity.

And people will still, STILL, hand wave this shit away with some "not all gamers" shit.

That was never, ever, EVER, the goal of gamergate. It was ALWAYS a harassment campaign. Nothing more, nothing less.

:dead
« Last Edit: June 28, 2017, 01:36:46 PM by Dosukebe »
ど助平

Boredfrom

« Reply #17997 on: June 28, 2017, 01:39:43 PM »
So she actually searches her name on Google...

benjipwns

« Reply #17998 on: June 28, 2017, 01:42:09 PM »
directly involved in coordinated attacks against Zoe Quinn, Anita Sarkeesian, and others including baseless accusations like tax fraud.
wow, first violations of RICO, now this

benjipwns

« Reply #17999 on: June 28, 2017, 01:46:59 PM »
So she actually searches her name on Google...
once on an old group blog i mocked a guy's shitty column from a local newspaper for a ~25,000 person college town and he signed up two months later to call me out for my ignorance and demand receipts on my "so-called facts"

:smug

luckily he didn't have TestOfTide's receipts collecting technology or i would have looked like a fool
[close]