Author Topic: VOAT Containment Megathread of Trash People for Trash People  (Read 2927900 times)

benjipwns

• your bright ideas always burn me
Re: 🚨 Other Forum Megathread of...WTF OPPO DROPPO?! 🚨
« Reply #23460 on: August 18, 2017, 02:49:40 AM »
[If someone put a gun to my head and told me I had to pick between being in the middle of antifa or the middle of an alt right group during a protest, I would just flip a coin, because I think I would die either way.]

Antifa and the alt right are certainly on equal terms IMO. Last weekend doesn't magically erase all the violence I have seen from antifa over these past months.
are you not uncomfortable with the fact that this makes you a genocide apologist
:whoo

venereology

« Reply #23461 on: August 18, 2017, 02:57:51 AM »
what is even happening on that website anymore

benjipwns

« Reply #23462 on: August 18, 2017, 02:58:15 AM »
"Those not living in the USA, how do you feel about what's going on there?"

Not good. I've enforced a self inflicted ban on US travel since Trump was elected and all this shit has just made me sick to my stomach with constant anger.
:badass

But Lime wins:
Same shit ever since I was born. Reagan, Bush, Clinton, Bush Jr.

I guess I'm mostly just surprised how inert and how stubborn US citizens are when it comes to maintaining the horrible conditions of their society. I've been hoping and cheering for better things since the 90's, but it just seems like the country will always be white supremacist, hyper-capitalist, over-religious, over-consumerist, war-mongering, misogynistic, homophobic, etc. and nothing ever changes.

US society seems to lack any sense of self-reflection and ability to criticize itself (especially due to patriotism and being fed lies throughout childhood and education) that I'm afraid it won't ever become better. And that goes for both liberals and conservatives in the US, who both suffer from the same blindness (although the other is a fascist ideology)

But whatever, keep telling yourself you're a good society while you're mass-murdering people across the globe and polluting the earth and incarcerating the most people of all other countries and all the other tyrannical things that the US has done for decades and most of the last 100 years.

How a country could ever live with itself after shit like Korea, Vietnam, Cambodia, Laos, Iraq 1, Iraq 2, Afghanistan, Chile, Iran, etc. I have no idea. And that's not even speaking of the slavery and genocide that the country was literally founded on and continue to perpetuate today.
:american

benjipwns

« Reply #23463 on: August 18, 2017, 03:12:52 AM »
what is even happening on that website anymore
Bish left. Now genocide and ACLU apologists are running wild tearing apart the forum: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1420848
Gaf,the pain and lonelynes is so unbearable that more than many times I am thinking of getting rid of the pain by physical mean. I have kids and I am a healthy 39 yr and my wife refuses to sleep with me. For couple years we slept in the same bed but we had no physical interactions, or I tried but she rejected me and I was extremely lonely and depressed. I told her my feelings and every time it turned out to be a fight. Last month I told her it wasn't gonna work between us if she wasn't going to be different and that had some good results..she had sex with me several times in those few weeks. Then it just stopped..

I tried approach her again last night just for some hugging but she pushed me away saying she didn't want to be touched...I got quiet upset. Tried again tonight and expressed I wanted sex buy she didn't. I got very upset and turned away, angry. She grabbed me into her arms and put her heads on me and kissed my face. I cried and kept telling her to go away but she said I wouldn't be able to sleep if I was angry and she wouldn't too...eventually I got her to go to sleep.

I am feeling so lonely, so depressed and angry and my mind just keeps being angry and cant let go of that. Moments like this I just want to erease my existence and this has been going on for years. There is just so much sadness and hate in my mind that I can't get rid of and I can't direct it at anyone or anythinf and this keeps cycling back every few nights.
I have no way to release this angry other than just struggling with it until it fades away.

In the dark on my bed with her sleeping on the other side...I just keep thinking how wonderful if I just stop my mind from thinking.
Yes I have asked her about it. It's probably just because we are not financially stable...we make enough but we have a business so it's stressful at times.

She's has been acting stressful due to the kids but they are in daycare now.

I just don't ever feel loved as she's never expressed it in anyway. She more so expressed how much she disliked me and disliked my weight gain. Even so, I don't see why she wouldn't not want sex at all. We are both under 40 and in relatively good shape.

Yes I understand suicide is selfish but with this pain, and not just the pain...the constant anger...I can't help but just think of helping myself get out of it.
I have considered [divorce] But I honest don't think it is possible.

My mind is just full of anger and I am unable to think anything else other than focusing on being angry
. I don't know, maybe I am mentally sick.

CyclopticTendencies

« Reply #23465 on: August 18, 2017, 04:34:47 AM »
You guys are cool

Especially when I'm too drunk to call out the "i can't even" posters in gaf off topic.

It's great to see a liberal leaning group of folks communicate with one another that aren't actively participating in the cannibalization of their own political affiliation. I always catch a 30 day ban when I post in OT and two bans ago it made me fuckin miss the first two weeks of Breath of the Wild OT. So now you guys are stuck with me when I get worked up

:bobby

VomKriege

• Do the moron
« Reply #23466 on: August 18, 2017, 04:45:49 AM »
This one is too real benji.
ὕβρις

Cerveza mas fina

• I don't care for Islam tbqh
  • filler
« Reply #23467 on: August 18, 2017, 05:07:02 AM »
You guys are cool

Especially when I'm too drunk to call out the "i can't even" posters in gaf off topic.

It's great to see a liberal leaning group of folks communicate with one another that aren't actively participating in the cannibalization of their own political affiliation. I always catch a 30 day ban when I post in OT and two bans ago it made me fuckin miss the first two weeks of Breath of the Wild OT. So now you guys are stuck with me when I get worked up

:bobby

:cac

Cerveza mas fina

• filler
« Reply #23468 on: August 18, 2017, 05:10:20 AM »
Care about missing the first two weeks of a thread on neogafs brehs

Missing a thread being a thing  :neogaf

Coax

« Reply #23469 on: August 18, 2017, 05:20:23 AM »
I think there's a case that can be made that participating in a game's discussion and hype during its launch is part of what can make an experience more enjoyable, for some games at least.

Two weeks isn't very long though. Then again some make LTTP threads after a mere month :lol

Cerveza mas fina

• filler
« Reply #23470 on: August 18, 2017, 05:33:41 AM »
I can guarantee you that not participating in any neogaf pre hype or post launch game thread will make the game much better.

Jenkem

• MARANAX INFIRMUX
« Reply #23471 on: August 18, 2017, 06:00:40 AM »
Care about missing the first two weeks of a thread on neogafs brehs

Missing a thread being a thing  :neogaf

at least he avoided seeing spoilers like the types of food items you could find.

Coax

« Reply #23472 on: August 18, 2017, 06:22:26 AM »
I can guarantee you that not participating in any neogaf pre hype or post launch game thread will make the game much better.

I mean, it's easy to see the worst aspects of GAF, given the nose dive in quality in various ways, yet even so there are games I probably wouldn't have played without the vibe of posting about them around release, or would have preferred to in hindsight. It's ultimately the same game but being involved with back and forth discussion while others are experiencing the same events makes it feel more of a communal activity.

There's more thread activity, different impressions are fresh rather than already having been discussed (ie: there's greater interest in the topics while they're novel), and for PC being able to troubleshoot issues with others is a great help. I think there are some similarities with TV show discussions, though I don't participate in them.

For some Reddit's style may supplant this but there are so few subs I've come across/participated in that match a similar experience. I much prefer a forum format.

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #23473 on: August 18, 2017, 07:52:20 AM »
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1420832
Quote from: matrixman92;246395544
Nothing actually sexual involving anyone, but....When I was way younger, I had some friends spend the night. We got the bright idea to look up pokemon hentai on the good old family computer. My mom was doing some spy shit and peeked through a smaller than one inch crack in the blinds from outside. So our backs were to the window, and she could see the monitor in full view. She said she was out sweeping.

So she basically saw me and my friends looking at hentai pics of Misty from pokemon and then came in the room and gave us all a talking to and told us to not do it again. Could have been worse I guess...idk how, but it could have been

:what

Quote from: Steeped in a Sea of Games;246394606
I've honestly never shared this story due to the shame involved, but fuck it, I was just a stupid teenager.

I was playing FF8 for the first time right after it released at my cousins house and had just gotten to the space scene where Squall is saving Rinoa and that big fmv plays. I was feeling horny as hell and I'm alone in a back room so I decide to just take care of business so I'd stop having to feel uncomfortable.

I had literally just finished, pants around my ankles looking for some more tissues, half chub flying free and my other female cousin who was around my age bursts in the room from out of nowhere. She takes one look at me, half nude, doesn't say a word and just closes the door and leaves.

I've never been more embarrassed in my life. I made up some story about sharting and attempting to clean up the mess, but I don't know if they bought it. She never mentioned it again.

The worst part is, that part of FF8 is ruined for me on every subsequent playthrough. Rinoa flies through space and I turn bright red.
:esports
ど助平

samfish

• Cereal mispeller
« Reply #23474 on: August 18, 2017, 09:27:55 AM »
Today I learned that getting caught in the middle of sharting is less embarrassing than being caught masturbating.

team filler

• filler
  • filler
« Reply #23475 on: August 18, 2017, 09:59:55 AM »
hands shaking

agrajag

« Reply #23476 on: August 18, 2017, 10:39:43 AM »
Tina Fey is a alt-right bernie bro gamergator Nazi-sympathizer

http://m.neogaf.com/showthread.php?t=1420910
« Last Edit: August 18, 2017, 10:53:22 AM by agrajag »

zomgee

• We've *all*
« Reply #23477 on: August 18, 2017, 10:43:52 AM »
Tina Fey is a alt-right benie bro gamergator Nazi-sympathizer

http://m.neogaf.com/showthread.php?t=1420910

There's no other reason to create that thread except to peacock and preen in front of the rest of the forum.
rub

Let's Cyber

• Banned (duration pending)
« Reply #23478 on: August 18, 2017, 12:11:50 PM »
Who said it? A Donald Trump supporter on Facebook or a member of NeoGAF?

I'm so sick of these rich new york liberals spewing out their meaningless bullshit when they could make comedy and art that inspires people to take action. It's a bunch of apolitical masturbating about serious shit with no end but to give themselves attention.

samfish

• Cereal mispeller
« Reply #23479 on: August 18, 2017, 12:12:01 PM »
Modbot banning everyone who bad mouths Tina Fey in that thread. I wonder which mod constantly masturbates to his waifu Tina Fey?

stufte

• Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior
« Reply #23480 on: August 18, 2017, 12:42:37 PM »

I'm so sick of these rich new york liberals spewing out their meaningless bullshit when they could make comedy and art that inspires people to take action. It's a bunch of apolitical masturbating about serious shit with no end but to give themselves attention.

Hahah, so says the rando on a video game forum.  :lol :lol

FStop7

« Reply #23481 on: August 18, 2017, 12:53:26 PM »
Modbot

This thread has become yet another example of the recent trend of threads where people just rage at each other for pages, toeing the line between behaving like a rational person and accusing anyone who
disagrees with them a Nazi. This subject may have been valuable to talk about, but not when people are acting like this.

But...

That's every thread.

Why is modbot protecting Nazis from NeoGAF's spotlight of justice?

daemon

« Reply #23482 on: August 18, 2017, 01:04:35 PM »
I mean that guy in the Vice documentary had a literal armory with him, so yeah I guess GAF better arm up too. And hey, if your car happens to be parked on a street that the anti-protesters walk through and someone smashes your window, well maybe don't be so reliant on a contraption that is killing out environment. And if your storefront gets smashed in, well you probably aided in the gentrification of that area.

And where is Chris Evans in all of this? Wasn't he supposed to be out punching nazis? Oh right. He's not ACTUALLY Captain America.

America was never great

-save me Captain America!

thisismyusername

• GunOn™! Apply directly to forehead!

daemon

« Reply #23484 on: August 18, 2017, 02:22:22 PM »

Boredfrom

« Reply #23485 on: August 18, 2017, 02:32:31 PM »
http://www.wfaa.com/news/entertainment-news/six-flags-only-flying-american-flags-now/465371498

Since 1961, Six Flags Over Texas in Arlington has been known for flying six flags over its park.

They represented the U.S., France, Spain, Mexico, the Republic of Texas, and the Confederacy.

Friday morning that all changed when six U.S. flags were seen flying over the park's entrance.

That feels to be all over the place, so is probably wise to change it.

Dennis

« Reply #23486 on: August 18, 2017, 02:46:55 PM »
http://www.wfaa.com/news/entertainment-news/six-flags-only-flying-american-flags-now/465371498

Since 1961, Six Flags Over Texas in Arlington has been known for flying six flags over its park.

They represented the U.S., France, Spain, Mexico, the Republic of Texas, and the Confederacy.

Friday morning that all changed when six U.S. flags were seen flying over the park's entrance.

That feels to be all over the place, so is probably wise to change it.

I can't believe they took down the Republic of Texas flag. The Republic shall rise again!

Boredfrom

« Reply #23487 on: August 18, 2017, 03:04:43 PM »
It's supposed to represent the Six Flags that have flown over Texas. Hence the name Six Flags Over Texas.

The france flag threw me off a little.

Boredfrom

« Reply #23488 on: August 18, 2017, 03:11:42 PM »
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/French_colonization_of_Texas

Sorry for my mistake, Mexican school system only teach us about Santa Anna being a incompetent dick and losing Texas.

Lothar

« Reply #23489 on: August 18, 2017, 03:48:32 PM »
I've honestly never shared this story due to the shame involved, but fuck it, I was just a stupid teenager.

I was playing FF8 for the first time right after it released at my cousins house and had just gotten to the space scene where Squall is saving Rinoa and that big fmv plays. I was feeling horny as hell and I'm alone in a back room so I decide to just take care of business so I'd stop having to feel uncomfortable.

I had literally just finished, pants around my ankles looking for some more tissues, half chub flying free and my other female cousin who was around my age bursts in the room from out of nowhere. She takes one look at me, half nude, doesn't say a word and just closes the door and leaves.

I've never been more embarrassed in my life. I made up some story about sharting and attempting to clean up the mess, but I don't know if they bought it. She never mentioned it again.

The worst part is, that part of FF8 is ruined for me on every subsequent playthrough. Rinoa flies through space and I turn bright red.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1420832

« Reply #23490 on: August 18, 2017, 03:54:34 PM »
Modbot

This thread has become yet another example of the recent trend of threads where people just rage at each other for pages, toeing the line between behaving like a rational person and accusing anyone who
disagrees with them a Nazi. This subject may have been valuable to talk about, but not when people are acting like this.

But...

That's every thread.

Tbf he said it was a recent trend, not isolated to that specific topic.
Recent being a relative term, obv. 

Been happening a few years at least.  Just swap out Nazi with gator, Bernie Bro, or whatever.

Tasty

« Reply #23491 on: August 18, 2017, 05:05:05 PM »
There's talk here of renaming Yawkey Way next to Fenway Park to something else (something related to Ortiz was mentioned.) I was wondering why and I had no idea Tom Yawkey (owner of the Sox) was virulently against integration and so the Sox were the last team to do so.

I wouldn't mind it if the street was renamed Big Papi Avenue :idont

thisismyusername

• GunOn™! Apply directly to forehead!
« Reply #23492 on: August 18, 2017, 05:22:55 PM »
Call it Yaaasss Way

:shh That's why Wrath wants it renamed that.

stufte

• Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior
« Reply #23494 on: August 18, 2017, 05:54:58 PM »
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=246442078&postcount=2 :doge

Ah, the classic "hey everyone this guy who just died was problematic" virtue signal.

railGUN

• If my bones are breaking would you tell me that I'm weak?
« Reply #23495 on: August 18, 2017, 06:43:57 PM »
It would be kinda nice to be able to "favorite" posts.

Hell, just browsing without getting browser hijacked, have malicious files automatically download, or having your phone vibrate until you reboot it would be a great start.

Then there is SSL, GAF GOLD, who quoted me etc. etc. etc.

Q1ish.
Fish<

benjipwns

« Reply #23496 on: August 18, 2017, 06:53:20 PM »
Hate speech is not free speech. Why doesn't the ACLU defend me when I go around yelling "rape" and "fire" in crowded places???
:dead

benjipwns

« Reply #23497 on: August 18, 2017, 07:01:24 PM »
Stop being such a pedantic baby. You think that people who want to put Jews in camps are equally intolerant to the people who want to beat people up for wanting to put Jews in camps. That's a deeply disturbing level of comfort with genocide.

Quote from: original post by the genocide apologist six replies back
I have stated on this very forum what I think of antifa and how I wouldn't feel safe around them at all. The feeling is still the same after that post, which was made a few months back. If someone put a gun to my head and told me I had to pick between being in the middle of antifa or the middle of an alt right group during a protest, I would just flip a coin, because I think I would die either way.

daycru

« Reply #23498 on: August 18, 2017, 07:35:36 PM »

But he's right. Millionaires with no problems/danger telling regular people not to protest is very suspicious.

nudemacusers

« Reply #23499 on: August 18, 2017, 07:43:49 PM »
It would be kinda nice to be able to "favorite" posts.

Hell, just browsing without getting browser hijacked, have malicious files automatically download, or having your phone vibrate until you reboot it would be a great start.

Then there is SSL, GAF GOLD, who quoted me etc. etc. etc.

Q1ish.
NeoGAF's 2017 Update includes migration over to a modern, versatile forum architecture (identity and familiarity intact); many oft-requested features and refinements; enhanced security and stability; more flexible, rigorous, and easier-to-understand registration options; powerful search tools; and I suppose a modestly priced ad-free Gold option so that ad-free users have a legitimate, equitable, guilt-free browsing option that helps ensure NeoGAF's sustainable future.

Q1ish.
Maybe the neogaf fiscal year for 2017 starts in 2018  :doge
﷽﷽﷽﷽﷽

Dennis

« Reply #23500 on: August 18, 2017, 07:47:35 PM »
EviLore, what is the policy on unfairly (!) banned former members of NeoGAF returning to the forum for the premium Gold option?

This sustainable GAF future is relevant to my interests.

And fuck you Bore, you know I am talking about me and not Amir0x.

seagrams hotsauce

« Reply #23501 on: August 18, 2017, 07:50:55 PM »
 :holeup

FStop7

« Reply #23502 on: August 18, 2017, 07:53:31 PM »
Why would you even consider trying to buy your way back into a place that put a higher value on pedos than you?

Dennis

« Reply #23503 on: August 18, 2017, 08:03:52 PM »
Coming to the Bore to vent about GAF is somewhat less fun if you aren't actually posting on GAF  :doge

You can back me up, Benji.

Lothar

« Reply #23504 on: August 18, 2017, 08:06:34 PM »
Something Awful does everything Gaf does 10x better if you want a place to pay to post.

nachobro

• Live Más
« Reply #23505 on: August 18, 2017, 08:11:26 PM »
Something Awful does everything Gaf does 10x better if you want a place to pay to post.
they even have pedo mods so some banned posters will feel right at home

Atramental

• 🧘‍♂️
« Reply #23506 on: August 18, 2017, 08:21:35 PM »

benjipwns

« Reply #23507 on: August 18, 2017, 08:35:33 PM »
Coming to the Bore to vent about GAF is somewhat less fun if you aren't actually posting on GAF  :doge

You can back me up, Benji.
only part that's worse is lack of search/profiles  :yeshrug

railGUN

• If my bones are breaking would you tell me that I'm weak?
« Reply #23508 on: August 18, 2017, 08:40:34 PM »
How long until race is brought up in this thread:

Waitress poured hot soup on me, restaurant did absolutely nothing

spoiler (click to show/hide)
3 posts. That's how long.  :lol
[close]
Fish<

Lothar

« Reply #23509 on: August 18, 2017, 08:47:46 PM »
they even have pedo mods so some banned posters will feel right at home

I wasn't lying when I said SA does everything Gaf does.

Lowtax at least lets you talk about it though.  He got mad when someone closed the 200+ page thread about it.  They take it a bit more seriously there.

"MODS KNEW" is one of the funnier catchphrases on SA that came out as a result.  Imagine that flying on Gaf.

benjipwns

« Reply #23510 on: August 18, 2017, 08:50:16 PM »
thread title makes it sound like she poured the bowl on him, actual OP sounds like maybe some spilled over the side as she set served it?

also "different waitress"? from what? normal one? not their table?

no no no this story doesn't add up, not at all

VomKriege

• Do the moron
« Reply #23511 on: August 18, 2017, 08:56:55 PM »
How long until race is brought up in this thread:

Waitress poured hot soup on me, restaurant did absolutely nothing

spoiler (click to show/hide)
3 posts. That's how long.  :lol
[close]

OP gets rightfully roasted tho, so there's that. "They should have compensated me even though I did nothing to indicate they should !"

Wow this topics blown up, not surprising it's Two Worlds again. He's making all you Millennials look bad.

Does absolutely nothing about the spilled soup, sits there waiting for the manager to comp his meal, he even pays the tip without saying anything. Then goes home to complain about it on the internet safe behind his touchscreen.

This whole topic is just him looking for validation for his inaction and when he does not get that because he's been called out on his pissive aggressiveness starts to get snarky at people pointing out where he's gone wrong.

:lol
ὕβρις

VomKriege

• Do the moron
« Reply #23512 on: August 18, 2017, 09:06:43 PM »
You dont find it unsettling we live in a society where you gotta be an asshole to get good service? That you cant expect a business to be decent and compensate for their mistakes without being yelled to do so? And then after the fact being called an asshole or child for not being an asshole in the first place?

:noooo
ὕβρις

benjipwns

« Reply #23513 on: August 18, 2017, 10:10:01 PM »
I always like that in all these threads the swing to immediate ASSHOLE CHAD status if you ever complain about the slightest thing. Like it's impossible to both complain/ask for something and then be openly thankful such that they don't feel bad about squaring things up.

Obviously, as I noted above, this story makes no sense and is lacking essential details so it's hard to tell exactly what one could even do but there's all kinds of ways to not be an asshole, like telling the waitress you understand it was an accident but also asking the manager if a discount might be possible or whatever depending on what actually happened.

I forget now what was missing but the one Lebanese place sometimes go to ran out of something, they have one of those stamp everytime you come cards and get an eleventh special free or whatever, and the manager just stamped it a bunch of times as an apology. Might have even just stamped out the rest of the card. Nobody was an angry or yelled at or an asshole.

I mean obviously, later that night I threw a big rock through the front window with a death threat from letters I clipped out of a magazine tied around it but that's just common sense.

agrajag

« Reply #23514 on: August 18, 2017, 10:16:42 PM »
You dont find it unsettling we live in a society where you gotta be an asshole to get good service? That you cant expect a business to be decent and compensate for their mistakes without being yelled to do so? And then after the fact being called an asshole or child for not being an asshole in the first place?

:noooo

It's almost as if there's a proverb about this, if there's not there should be.

"Squeakiest wheel gets the most grease." I just came up with it a couple of days ago and I thought it was pretty good.

venereology

benjipwns

« Reply #23517 on: August 18, 2017, 11:08:35 PM »
so you're saying there's a chance?

counterhit

« Reply #23518 on: August 18, 2017, 11:14:55 PM »
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=246442078&postcount=2 :doge

Ah, the classic "hey everyone this guy who just died was problematic" virtue signal.

Honestly, I find ElBoxyBrown's "Yeah, I respect the dead guy, but don't you dear be bothered if someone else disrespects him - hey, you are not one of those GAMERGATERS are you?!" way more annoying. At least the first post is some kind of artistic opinion*, this douchey hall monitor act where you try to tone-police a thread without having the courage to agree with the idiot being called out is some goofy shit.

*: Among the elite who top of the "who posted?" lists of GAF threads, "art" actually refers to the measurement of how objectifying to women a piece of media is.

agrajag

« Reply #23519 on: August 18, 2017, 11:34:10 PM »
Yet Dennis remains banned.