Author Topic: VOAT Containment Megathread of Trash People for Trash People  (Read 2928323 times)

clothedmacuser

• Defender of Centrist Scum
Re: 🚨 Other Forum Megathread of...WTF OPPO DROPPO?! 🚨
« Reply #23520 on: August 18, 2017, 11:34:27 PM »
Quote from: Modbot
While I'm sure this is the center of your emotional world at the moment, it's not particularly interesting to anyone else. People get crushes and fall in love. Congrats.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=246458226&postcount=112

sigh

benjipwns

• your bright ideas always burn me
« Reply #23521 on: August 18, 2017, 11:38:11 PM »
Definitely not the time or place to discuss misogyny, props for shutting that down gaf. Amazing artist RIP.
wow, not a good look

Let's Cyber

• Banned (duration pending)
« Reply #23522 on: August 18, 2017, 11:38:49 PM »
http://neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?p=246457018

talk about 0-60
It's always weird to see the perma-virgins drop into those threads to offer the "Just fuck someone else, DUH" advice.

Atramental

• 🧘‍♂️
« Reply #23523 on: August 18, 2017, 11:46:12 PM »
Definitely not the time or place to discuss misogyny, props for shutting that down gaf. Amazing artist RIP.
wow, not a good look
B A D   O P T I C S

counterhit

« Reply #23524 on: August 18, 2017, 11:52:31 PM »
Quote from: Zen_Arcade
This ralley would have happened regardless of if Richard Spencer got punched or not. Don't be fucking naive.

Punching Nazis recently resulted in:

- Richard Spencer's career becoming more of a joke.
- Other rallies to get cancelled.
- The ACLU changing their stances on supporting Nazis ability to gather.
- White supremacist organizations suddenly "Bowing out" of upcoming rallies.

And probably plenty of other benefits that aren't even coming to mind at the moment.

If punching Spencer and the #resistance posting Captain America memes is what killed the alt-right momentum even among the far-right, despite the fact it couldn't, by his own admission, in half a years time stop this or any of his major rallies, then not only is posturing about political violence completely just, NeoGAF are heroes!

On the other hand, if it was because a series of self-sabotages which justifies them immediately being purged from various services on the internet, including committing a fucking Islamist-style terrorist attack (read: political violence), then NeoGAF had nothing to do with it at all.

I wonder which of these is more likely.  :thinking

agrajag

« Reply #23525 on: August 18, 2017, 11:54:45 PM »
Just because Buzzfeed uses weird creepy bullet point lists doesn't mean adults need to. There's absolutely no reason this couldn't be an actual essay. You can't run for President as the Elder Statesman of Intellectual Conservatism if you assume your readers can't follow a short 1-2 page piece articulating your ideas without dumbing it down for them. Sorry Ben.

Beep boop! Has Stump been possessed by the inhabiting spirit Opiate? Will he be defending pedophiles soon?

benjipwns

« Reply #23526 on: August 18, 2017, 11:58:14 PM »
but the ACLU didn't change their stance "on supporting Nazis ability to gather"?

they rather effectively restated current policy in such a way that the media and fellow idiots interpreted it as having changed

dang lawyers and their city folk words

clothedmacuser

« Reply #23527 on: August 19, 2017, 12:02:47 AM »
Just because Buzzfeed uses weird creepy bullet point lists doesn't mean adults need to. There's absolutely no reason this couldn't be an actual essay. You can't run for President as the Elder Statesman of Intellectual Conservatism if you assume your readers can't follow a short 1-2 page piece articulating your ideas without dumbing it down for them. Sorry Ben.

Beep boop! Has Stump been possessed by the inhabiting spirit Opiate? Will he be defending pedophiles soon?

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1421174

I can't debate the introspection and self-critical analysis of this statement so I will comment on the formatting.
sigh

agrajag

« Reply #23528 on: August 19, 2017, 12:06:02 AM »
I mean there's lots to object to and pick apart in that statement. The way Stump instantly got triggered by the presentation rather than focusing on the content is rather special fellow-like.

benjipwns

« Reply #23529 on: August 19, 2017, 12:13:13 AM »
Quote from: RPGCrazied
Nothing is going to change unless they do something other then try and talk tough. Talking time is over. Either do something, or this runs hallow.

benjipwns

« Reply #23530 on: August 19, 2017, 12:16:34 AM »
This man voted to repeal Obamacare and was willing to become a mass murderer and he is still more anti Nazi then the president of the united states.
:hitler

clothedmacuser

« Reply #23531 on: August 19, 2017, 12:37:18 AM »
This man voted to repeal Obamacare and was willing to become a mass murderer and he is still more anti Nazi then the president of the united states.
:hitler

Nothing would soothe me more than seeing an 80-year-old POW with brain cancer punch that guy in the face the way Buzz Aldrin did to a moon landing sceptic.
sigh

Gibson

« Reply #23532 on: August 19, 2017, 01:16:56 AM »
Tina Fey is a alt-right bernie bro gamergator Nazi-sympathizer

http://m.neogaf.com/showthread.php?t=1420910

I've never used memes such as "I can't even" or posting the nathan fillion gif, but that thread is genuinely dumbfounding for me and I can't think of anything much else to say besides  those memes and just asking "how is this possible?"

venereology

« Reply #23533 on: August 19, 2017, 02:32:27 AM »
you're talking about the same forum, who if memory serves, had several threads about not understanding PBF comics

Himu

« Reply #23534 on: August 19, 2017, 11:48:12 AM »
LADY TINA :rejoice

Goddamn I miss her and the Sarah Silverman show too!
IYKYK

VomKriege

• Do the moron
« Reply #23535 on: August 19, 2017, 12:09:10 PM »
Thread critical of Sony, only 7 posts before someone jumps in to start defending.

http://m.neogaf.com/showpost.php?p=246468530

http://m.neogaf.com/showpost.php?p=246475742

When you chargeback, the company, in addition to getting the money revoked, also gets a sizeable fine [depends, but ranges from around $5 to $35, dependent on the merchant's contract].... and repeated offenses can even cause further fines or have their ability to take cc's revoked by the cc company. Its a massive expense for many companies, between people using it willy nilly and straight up scammers.

It could totally happen to Sony-Chan  :noooo
ὕβρις

Joe Molotov

• I'm much more humble than you would understand.
  • Administrator
« Reply #23536 on: August 19, 2017, 12:32:58 PM »
Nothing is going to change unless they do something other then try and talk tough. Talking time is over. Either do something, or this runs hallow.

Time to overthrow the state or stfu, benji.
©@©™

Let's Cyber

« Reply #23537 on: August 19, 2017, 02:23:42 PM »
Leave RPGCrazied alone. He has at least called up his Congressman Ted Cruz. What have you losers done lately?

Shuri

« Reply #23538 on: August 19, 2017, 03:32:55 PM »
"Eh, I would do something, but I gotta work today"

VomKriege

• Do the moron
« Reply #23539 on: August 19, 2017, 05:25:01 PM »
http://m.neogaf.com/showpost.php?p=246494710

Holy crap this thread is still going.
Many :expert on restaurant etiquette...

---

Go no contact and hit the gym. There'll be other restaurants.

:rofl
« Last Edit: August 19, 2017, 05:32:33 PM by VomKriege »
ὕβρις

tuna_love

« Reply #23541 on: August 19, 2017, 06:33:25 PM »
i can barely piss in a toilet bowl when im drunk, how do they mail something

zomgee

• We've *all*
« Reply #23542 on: August 19, 2017, 07:34:53 PM »
Maybe he wants a mass suocide?
rub

« Reply #23543 on: August 19, 2017, 07:57:23 PM »
Drop millions of care packages over NK with food, K-Pop-CDs and Korean shows.

The care packages all have a big Stars and Stripes and "From the United States of America" in Korean written on it.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=246441454&postcount=13
Instead of dropping bombs and shouting stupid threats, the US (and other countries) should drop care packages all over North Korea.

Every care package has a Stars and Stripes flag and "From the United States of America" written in big Korean letters on it. I know that the UN brought help packages, but that the North Korean government allegedly exchanged the labels so that they could tell their people it came from their own government.

Drop CDs, USB-Sticks, DVD whatever with South Korean K-Pop, dramas, tv-shows, movies etc.
Build a McDonalds in the capital and sell BigMacs and Coke to the North Koreans.

It worked in Germany shortly after WW2 to win the hearts and minds of a beaten enemy. The American way of life was THE thing to have in Germany in the 50s.

The US needs to support the people of NK so much with food and clothes so that their government can't even say anything bad or justify a military attack against the US.
It may sound ridiculous but I think this would be a strategy to open up the country and lead the North Korean people to question their government.
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1418388
 This guy is really adamant about his laughable idea on how to fix North Korea  :doge

"The American way of life was THE thing to have in Germany in the 50s." Yes, after most of the men were killed off and a half of the country was inhabited by a Russian army licking its chops to raze Bonn and Munich.  Wonder why the Germans of the era embraced American culture? Must have been because of the Hershey's bars.

Oblivion

Transhuman

• youtu.be/KCVCmGPgJS0
« Reply #23545 on: August 19, 2017, 08:19:35 PM »
Damn I would've paid attention to that thread if I knew it was going to be interesting

FStop7

« Reply #23546 on: August 19, 2017, 08:51:38 PM »
http://m.neogaf.com/showthread.php?t=1421356&page=1

Remember when everyone who criticized this janky shit game was attacked for being a Gamergater?

The way EA ran Mass Effect into the ground was so disappointing.

Lothar

« Reply #23547 on: August 19, 2017, 09:12:24 PM »
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=246499674&postcount=707

This is why trump won.

Speaking of that, what was the feeling here last year when Trump won?

zepblackstar

« Reply #23548 on: August 19, 2017, 09:20:07 PM »

Instead of dropping bombs and shouting stupid threats, the US (and other countries) should drop care packages all over North Korea.

Every care package has a Stars and Stripes flag and "From the United States of America" written in big Korean letters on it. I know that the UN brought help packages, but that the North Korean government allegedly exchanged the labels so that they could tell their people it came from their own government.

Drop CDs, USB-Sticks, DVD whatever with South Korean K-Pop, dramas, tv-shows, movies etc.
Build a McDonalds in the capital and sell BigMacs and Coke to the North Koreans.

It worked in Germany shortly after WW2 to win the hearts and minds of a beaten enemy. The American way of life was THE thing to have in Germany in the 50s.

The US needs to support the people of NK so much with food and clothes so that their government can't even say anything bad or justify a military attack against the US.
It may sound ridiculous but I think this would be a strategy to open up the country and lead the North Korean people to question their government.
 This guy is really adamant about his laughable idea on how to fix North Korea  :doge
[/quote]

I am sure NK wouldn't take dropping care packages over their country as a act of war or nothing. Idiots over there.

Let's Cyber

« Reply #23549 on: August 19, 2017, 09:47:47 PM »

Remember when everyone who criticized this janky shit game was attacked for being a Gamergater?

The multiplayer is actually pretty good now. I'm glad they are continuing support. They rebalanced powers a few months ago and it's been really enjoyable since then.

It really needs a 4th enemy type for better variety but as far as horde modes go, it is fun.

Now that the Andromeda story is dead and "canon" doesn't matter, they should give us Geth or Collectors and shit in MP. 

benjipwns

« Reply #23550 on: August 19, 2017, 11:41:40 PM »
Celebration, tears of joy, a Cruncheons podcast.

benjipwns

« Reply #23551 on: August 19, 2017, 11:45:00 PM »
Drop millions of care packages over NK with food, K-Pop-CDs and Korean shows.

The care packages all have a big Stars and Stripes and "From the United States of America" in Korean written on it.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=246441454&postcount=13

"The American way of life was THE thing to have in Germany in the 50s." Yes, after most of the men were killed off and a half of the country was inhabited by a Russian army licking its chops to raze Bonn and Munich.  Wonder why the Germans of the era embraced American culture? Must have been because of the Hershey's bars.
Hey buddy, he does note that it was AFTER World War II and half of Germany was a Western democratic capitalist nation.

So we just need to start a war in Korea, then divide it into two halves, one which moves towards the West and embraces democratic and capitalist culture, especially the latter, while the other becomes a Stalinist shithole than even its Communist allies start to get embarrassed about.

It's like I have to manage the world's foreign policy for it ffs.

Lothar

« Reply #23552 on: August 20, 2017, 12:20:34 AM »
Celebration, tears of joy, a Cruncheons podcast.

Oh good, then I wasn't the only one that was just giddy that night reading NeoGaf posts.  That was the most entertaining night of my 20+ year posting career.

zomgee

• We've *all*
« Reply #23553 on: August 20, 2017, 12:40:34 AM »
 :ryker
rub

thisismyusername

• GunOn™! Apply directly to forehead!
« Reply #23554 on: August 20, 2017, 01:00:50 AM »

The multiplayer is actually pretty good now. I'm glad they are continuing support. They rebalanced powers a few months ago and it's been really enjoyable since then.

It really needs a 4th enemy type for better variety but as far as horde modes go, it is fun.

Now that the Andromeda story is dead and "canon" doesn't matter, they should give us Geth or Collectors and shit in MP.

What's different from Mass Effect 3's?

benjipwns

« Reply #23555 on: August 20, 2017, 01:16:37 AM »
You forgot the part where we sneak in construction workers to build a McDonalds in the state's capital and somehow the North Korean masses will gather there to eat Big MacsTM and drink CokeR while listening to K-Pop.

Oh and at some point they'll  come across a Made In America label, which will make them woke and overthrow the government/end concentration camps/other humanitarian atrocities when they democratically install their next progressive leader.

:doge :doge :doge
More like make them start and enforce chattel slavery. Go ahead I know you want to call me a undistinguished black fellow, do it, show your true colors gator garbage. Your days are numbered once we elect a Democratic President (properly endorsed by and supported by the DNC and who has definitely never killed any informants) and 3/4ths majority in the Senate and appoint justices to the Supreme Court that will read out the First Amendment protections like they did during World War I and also repeal the Amendment just in case while the ACLU goes under from withdrawn donations after their pyramid scheme is exposed.

Now if you excuse me, I have a letter to draft to my future Congressman, Kiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiidddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddd Kid Rock.

Let's Cyber

« Reply #23556 on: August 20, 2017, 01:32:32 AM »

What's different from Mass Effect 3's?
The general concept is very similar tbh. It is only 7 waves per game now instead of 11. Mobility is probably the biggest difference. You're able to jump and climb around the levels, also more verticality in the level design.

ME3 MP, especially post all the DLC, had a lot more variety in enemy and character kits. This is getting better, they have some fun character builds now and it sounds like they're going to release some more.

Oblivion

« Reply #23557 on: August 20, 2017, 07:34:28 AM »
Also, I'd like to once again bitch about Leeness and her whining + humblebragging schtick in that same thread.

"Oh, woe is me. I always assumed men found these massive, heaving I-cup breasts of mine to be utterly repulsive, but it turns out their disgust for such features is even worse than I feared!  :'( :'( :'("
« Last Edit: August 20, 2017, 07:12:01 PM by Oblivion »

Jenkem

• MARANAX INFIRMUX
« Reply #23558 on: August 20, 2017, 07:44:46 AM »
Also, I'd like to once again bitch about Leeness and her whining + humblebragging schtick in that same thread.

"Oh, whoa is me. I always assumed men found these massive, heaving I-cup breasts of mine to be utterly repulsive, but it turns out their disgust for such features is even worse than I feared!  :'( :'( :'("

imagine how besada feels  :fbm

thisismyusername

« Reply #23559 on: August 20, 2017, 10:14:16 AM »

Even better.

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2017-08-01-mass-effect-andromeda-studio-bioware-montreal-to-merge-into-ea-motive

Fuck up so hard, EA quickly absorbs you.

skullstorm

« Reply #23560 on: August 20, 2017, 11:40:39 AM »
http://m.neogaf.com/showpost.php?p=246450334&postcount=25

Stop trying to make "milkshake duck" happen :comeon

zomgee

• We've *all*
« Reply #23561 on: August 20, 2017, 12:08:25 PM »
http://m.neogaf.com/showpost.php?p=246450334&postcount=25

Stop trying to make "milkshake duck" happen :comeon

Stop sea-lionning the milkshake duck
rub

Rufus

• 🙈🙉🙊
« Reply #23562 on: August 20, 2017, 01:08:20 PM »
But what does he know? The collective intelligence of Gaf far surpasses the personal experience of this man.

http://montrealgazette.com/news/quebec/la-meute-and-counter-protesting-reformed-neo-nazi-says-far-right-groups-take-advantage-of-violence-against-them
Career martyrs are martyring themselves? No shit.

He's right that prevention is important. But discourse and outreach efforts are not enough, you have to engage the issue in all available ways. This includes countering and suppressing the most hardened cunts when they are still willing to vent their frustration by kicking the targets of their hate in the head with steel-capped boots. Having to protest with police protection and not being able to openly flaunt their regalia at all other times without fear of repercussion sends an important message.

railGUN

• If my bones are breaking would you tell me that I'm weak?
« Reply #23563 on: August 20, 2017, 01:23:08 PM »
CBC: "Killing Nazis, fighting religious fanaticism the focus of upcoming video games"

It's really weird how both those titles ended up being so timely, when development was probably started long before the 2016 Election Season.

:thinking

Hmmm.
Fish<

zepblackstar

« Reply #23564 on: August 20, 2017, 01:55:09 PM »
 :snob

Well you see before 2016 election there were no nazis or groups like ISIS or video games where you killed Nazis. Therefore timely

Olivia Wilde Homo

• Proud Kinkshamer
« Reply #23565 on: August 20, 2017, 03:42:13 PM »

"Oh, whoa is me. I always assumed men found these massive, heaving I-cup breasts of mine to be utterly repulsive, but it turns out their disgust for such features is even worse than I feared!  :'( :'( :'("

LMAO, she has been doing that shtick now for almost a decade
🍆🍆

seagrams hotsauce

« Reply #23566 on: August 20, 2017, 05:13:51 PM »
Considering you hang out on nerd message boards a lot yeah that's kinda weird, but more impressive than weird imo

That thread is gonna be something

nudemacusers

« Reply #23567 on: August 20, 2017, 06:48:17 PM »
Doesn't know who joss whedon is but can probably drop a top 5 moe anime list in seconds  :snob
﷽﷽﷽﷽﷽

« Reply #23568 on: August 20, 2017, 06:51:05 PM »
I find it a bit hard to believe that someone who posts on GAF and The Bore has never heard of the guy behind The Avengers 1 and 2, Buffy the movie and series, and of course the internet's favorite secretly shitty show, Firefly.

Also, no shit Whedon is a creepy male feminist type. I thought this had been known for many years now.

Am I gonna have to slap a Stro?

seagrams hotsauce

« Reply #23569 on: August 20, 2017, 06:58:20 PM »
He's right. Fuck Firefly  :pacspit

« Reply #23570 on: August 20, 2017, 07:07:01 PM »
Look, fuck you. Fuck the plane you flew in on. Fuck them shoes. Fuck the socks with the belt on em. Fuck your yuckmouth teeth. Fuck them cheap ass cigars. Fuck your chocolate. Fuck your hair piece. Fuck Guy Richie. Fuck Stro. This is America. My president was black and my Lambo is blue. Now, get the fuck out my chat room. And if I see you in the streets, I'm slapping the shit outta you.

Oblivion

« Reply #23571 on: August 20, 2017, 07:14:41 PM »

"Oh, whoa is me. [...]

exquisite misspelling  :delicious

:fbm

LMAO, she has been doing that shtick now for almost a decade

Exactly! How is she not been banned/beaten yet?  :maf

thisismyusername

« Reply #23572 on: August 20, 2017, 09:35:07 PM »
What the fuck is "milkshake duck?"

Would you damn kids make terms that actually make fucking sense on reading?

FStop7

« Reply #23573 on: August 20, 2017, 09:42:09 PM »
I was a big Firefly/Serenity fan back in the day (and yes, in hindsight it's not so good) and I'd do stuff like go out of the way to listen to the commentary tracks on the DVD releases.  Whedon kept making lusty references to Summer Glau's feet and it gave me douche chills.  That seemed kind of par for the course for him so I'm not surprised about his having cheated on his wife.

FStop7

« Reply #23574 on: August 20, 2017, 09:57:50 PM »

It's based on a Twitter post about an imaginary beloved, benign cartoon character that turns out to be a racist.  It's just meta commentary.

For me the best example is Bill Cosby.  I had NO idea about the rape allegations until the news hit the mainstream.  I loved Bill Cosby when I was a kid.  Had the concert albums, loved Fat Albert, watched the Cosby Show every week.  He was my TV dad.

thisismyusername

« Reply #23575 on: August 20, 2017, 10:13:47 PM »
I was a big Firefly/Serenity fan back in the day (and yes, in hindsight it's not so good) and I'd do stuff like go out of the way to listen to the commentary tracks on the DVD releases.  Whedon kept making lusty references to Summer Glau's feet and it gave me douche chills.  That seemed kind of par for the course for him so I'm not surprised about his having cheated on his wife.

Whedon as a universe creator is pretty good. Serenity's universe is begging to be deeper explored.

Whedon as a person, however... just look at his Twitter account and his crazy rants about being anti-Trump. Makes you wonder how many women he's grabbed by the pussy.

counterhit

« Reply #23576 on: August 20, 2017, 10:44:47 PM »

It's based on a Twitter post about an imaginary beloved, benign cartoon character that turns out to be a racist.  It's just meta commentary.

For me the best example is Bill Cosby.  I had NO idea about the rape allegations until the news hit the mainstream.  I loved Bill Cosby when I was a kid.  Had the concert albums, loved Fat Albert, watched the Cosby Show every week.  He was my TV dad.

It's more about someone who suddenly became viral on twitter and then people dug deeper and found something they didn't like (possibly for stupid reasons). Like the guy on twitter who was asking for 3 million retweets for 1 year of free Wendys chicken nuggets became a "milkshake duck" because among the people he asked to retweet him were some controversial accounts like pewdiepie and meninist.

Oblivion

« Reply #23577 on: August 21, 2017, 12:37:10 AM »
I liked the Avengers. :yeshrug

(Well, the first one, anyway)

Let's Cyber

« Reply #23578 on: August 21, 2017, 12:55:54 AM »
So was Ken Bone a milkshake duck?

Whedon doesn't seem to qualify. NeoGAF running old memes into the ground again.

counterhit

« Reply #23579 on: August 21, 2017, 01:04:12 AM »
This whedon business with him saying he hangs around women because his mom taught him to be a feminist reminds me of when Messofanego posted this unironically.