Author Topic: VOAT Containment Megathread of Trash People for Trash People  (Read 2901329 times)

Dennis

Re: Other Forum Megathread of Trash People for Trash People
« Reply #25560 on: September 18, 2017, 09:45:22 AM »
Unlike you guys, benji, mac and amir0x, I will soon be a proud Gold GAF member.

nudemacusers

« Reply #25561 on: September 18, 2017, 09:47:06 AM »
As members of Neogaf.com, unlike you
Now that I, like accused pedophile amirox and Dennis, am now permanently banned, I kind request you stop making these jokes at our expense.  :-\
﷽﷽﷽﷽﷽

Mr. Nobody

• Groovy.
« Reply #25562 on: September 18, 2017, 11:05:28 AM »
Now that I, like accused pedophile amirox and Dennis, am now permanently banned, I kind request you stop making these jokes at our expense.  :-\

With threads like those, it was for the better, friend

Raist

• Winner of the Baited Award 2018
« Reply #25563 on: September 18, 2017, 11:28:22 AM »
Be thrown off by an icon but cool with friend codes and online chat that require 93485 accessories* brehs.

spoiler (click to show/hide)
*sold separately
[close]

FatalT

« Reply #25564 on: September 18, 2017, 11:45:54 AM »

How's it feel to be on the other side of the looking glass? :bobby

ModernBoxes

« Reply #25565 on: September 18, 2017, 11:52:33 AM »
8 page outrage of Sean Spicer daring to make an appearance making fun of himself doing his job. How dare Colbert do such a thing. a permanent stain on his LEGACY!

Raist

« Reply #25566 on: September 18, 2017, 12:03:18 PM »
Police at a US university shot and killed the president of the Pride Alliance student group on Saturday night in full view of dorm residents.

According to reports police encountered Scout Schultz, a 21-year-old computer engineering student who identified as neither male nor female, in a parking lot outside the dorms at Georgia Tech University.

I saw the footage and he/she was told numerous times to stand still and drop the knife and he kept shouting, "Kill me" with no lack of control and continued to head towards to the police.
    I got the impression the activist wanted to be shot.

Hmm, you might want to reword this post. I don't think he/she is accepted terminology.

Then again I'm probably not the best judge for this

Well, might be a bit late to ask about preferred pronouns.

Himu

« Reply #25567 on: September 18, 2017, 12:04:40 PM »
Another crazy LGBT activist. Is also non binary. Good Lord. RIP.
IYKYK

seagrams hotsauce

« Reply #25568 on: September 18, 2017, 01:01:28 PM »
Having spicer on stage was lame and hypocritical as fuck for a show hosted by a guy who's done nothing but tee off on how evil trump and ilk were and constantly jerked itself off over how "important" this season of SNL was because they decided Trump was bad now. Spicer is a massive piece of shit and everyone in that room was willing to accept him as some gentle buffoon and forget that the only reason anyone knows who he is is because he was a fascist mouthpiece.

nudemacusers

« Reply #25569 on: September 18, 2017, 01:19:28 PM »

With threads like those, it was for the better, friend (Image removed from quote.)
Thx bb  :heart
﷽﷽﷽﷽﷽

Boredfrom

« Reply #25570 on: September 18, 2017, 02:43:34 PM »
I don't mind people punching nazis, but Gaf acts like it was Captain America punching Hitler controlling a giant robot.

zomgee

• We've *all*
rub

Boredfrom

« Reply #25572 on: September 18, 2017, 02:55:07 PM »
I don't mind people punching nazis, but Gaf acts like it was Captain America punching Hitler controlling a giant robot.

What annoys me is this shitty "Someone SHOULD punch this guy. I mean, I would but my knuckles are still sore from punching the wall when they announced that J.J. Abrahms was directing episode 9. But he seemed to be heading downtown, so if someone could look for him there and punch him, that'd be great."

Good on the guy who knocked him the fuck out.

To me is that is a forum that likes to parrot that violence is not the only solution but likes to encourage "justified" violence because " bad side". I could agree with the reasoning (since a NeoNazi is definitely a worse side) if it was not how grotesque is their celebration of the act.

agrajag

« Reply #25573 on: September 18, 2017, 03:07:51 PM »
I love how GAF collectively celebrates Youtube censoring and demonetizing videos or content creators that have the wrong views, but then collectively moan when Youtube deletes an actual video promoting violence. They really have become radicalized.

seagrams hotsauce

« Reply #25574 on: September 18, 2017, 03:13:38 PM »
To me is that is a forum that likes to parrot that violence is not the only solution but likes to encourage "justified" violence because " bad side". I could agree with the reasoning (since a NeoNazi is definitely a worse side) if it was not how grotesque is their celebration of the act.

Grotesque lololololol
A huge amount of American pop culture since the mid 40's has been a celebration of violence against nazis

stufte

• Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior
« Reply #25575 on: September 18, 2017, 03:22:29 PM »
I'm not sad the dude got socked, but I'm not sure what the endgame is. It's likely to embolden him and others, making the situation worse.

FStop7

« Reply #25576 on: September 18, 2017, 03:24:42 PM »
Having spicer on stage was lame and hypocritical as fuck for a show hosted by a guy who's done nothing but tee off on how evil trump and ilk were and constantly jerked itself off over how "important" this season of SNL was because they decided Trump was bad now. Spicer is a massive piece of shit and everyone in that room was willing to accept him as some gentle buffoon and forget that the only reason anyone knows who he is is because he was a fascist mouthpiece.

100% agreed.  Seeing crying families at LAX during weekend the immigration ban happened will never get out of my head.  Putting Spicer on TV for some kind of aww shucks ain't he lovable shtick made me angry.

This is the same fuckboy who also stood in front of the WH press corps and denied that Hitler used chemical weapons.

Oh and James Corden sucks.  The singing in the car thing was never funny.  I wish the UK would stop shipping us their D-tier TV presenters once they've hit their expiration dates.  Was not Piers Morgan bad enough to satisfy their need to harm us for leaving the empire?  They just had to send us Jamie Oliver, the Top Gear Idiot Trio, and Corden, too.
« Last Edit: September 18, 2017, 03:37:14 PM by FStop7 »

venereology

« Reply #25577 on: September 18, 2017, 03:26:32 PM »
I'm not sad the dude got socked, but I'm not sure what the endgame is. It's likely to embolden him and others, making the situation worse.

I'd maybe agree if most of these dudes didn't seem like a bunch of sheltered wimps and cowards. maybe making some of these idiots afraid of acting like this in public isn't the worst thing.

Boredfrom

« Reply #25578 on: September 18, 2017, 03:33:48 PM »

Grotesque lololololol
A huge amount of American pop culture since the mid 40's has been a celebration of violence in general

FTFY

Broseidon

• Estado Homo
« Reply #25579 on: September 18, 2017, 03:59:05 PM »
I had no idea who James Corden was before today.

lucky you
bent

seagrams hotsauce

« Reply #25580 on: September 18, 2017, 04:01:02 PM »

100% agreed.  Seeing crying families at LAX during weekend the immigration ban happened will never get out of my head.  Putting Spicer on TV for some kind of aww shucks ain't he lovable shtick made me angry.

This is the same fuckboy who also stood in front of the WH press corps and denied that Hitler used chemical weapons.

Oh and James Corden sucks.  The singing in the car thing was never funny.  I wish the UK would stop shipping us their D-tier TV presenters once they've hit their expiration dates.  Was not Piers Morgan bad enough to satisfy their need to harm us for leaving the empire?  They just had to send us Jamie Oliver, the Top Gear Idiot Trio, and Corden, too.

They tried to stick us with Piers Morgan, but we thankfully got him the fuck up out of the paint. The only thing Alex Jones ever did that I could kind of get behind was calling for that muppets deportation

Grotesque lololololol
A huge amount of American pop culture since the mid 40's has been a celebration of violence in general

FTFY

No doubt, but nazis are the defacto representation of a villain when someone is trying to portray an antagonist with no redeemable qualities. They've been synonymous with pure evil in the zeitgeist for the better part of a century now. Just seems disingenuous to act morally outraged at people being stoked some idiot deservedly got his bell rung
« Last Edit: September 18, 2017, 04:10:48 PM by seagrams hotsauce »

ModernBoxes

« Reply #25581 on: September 18, 2017, 04:07:23 PM »
You know if Spicer had shown up on SNL in a skit with Melissa McCarthy, everyone would have laughed, too. Who gives a shit? The press secretary literally has a job to lie to the public and spin even blatant lies. That's what the job is under every administration.

Because everything good is amazing and everything bad is a terrible.

Raist

« Reply #25582 on: September 18, 2017, 04:09:56 PM »
The person using the @teethnclaws account asked not to be identified, citing concerns over his personal safety. He said he wasn't aware of who actually threw the punch, but credits anti-fascist Twitter networks for making it happen.

"Guyz look a nazi look! Go find him fuck his shit up"

"plz don't say who I am I dun want people to find me and fuck my shit up :stahp"

:lol

clothedmacuser

• Defender of Centrist Scum
« Reply #25583 on: September 18, 2017, 04:17:03 PM »
30 years from now there are going to be a lot of current day fence sitting moderates who will lie to their Grand kids about how they stood up against a modern day resurgence of Nazis and fascism. Better hope they don't know your internet handles because they'll see how you did nothing except excuse it.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=249236918&postcount=1038
sigh

Boredfrom

« Reply #25584 on: September 18, 2017, 04:18:41 PM »

They tried to stick us with Piers Morgan, but we thankfully got him the fuck up out of the paint. The only thing Alex Jones ever did that I could kind of get behind was calling for that muppets deportation

Grotesque lololololol

FTFY

No doubt, but nazis are the defacto representation of a villain when someone is trying to portray an antagonist with no redeemable qualities. They've been synonymous with pure evil in the zeitgeist for the better part of a century now. Just seems disingenuous to act morally outraged at people being stoked some idiot deservedly got his bell rung

People generally understand that there is a difference in depictions of violence in fiction with real life violence, even when is about nazis. People love super hero movies but must people would agree in why having a IRL vigilante is a bad idea.

Raist

« Reply #25585 on: September 18, 2017, 04:22:14 PM »
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=249238756&postcount=1148

Error: Not sure if dogpile.exe should be triggered. Plz clarify.

Jenkem

• MARANAX INFIRMUX
« Reply #25586 on: September 18, 2017, 05:08:37 PM »
what the hell you mean "YOU GAFFERS???!!!"

:doge

Raist

Broseidon

• Estado Homo
« Reply #25588 on: September 18, 2017, 05:15:44 PM »
The person using the @teethnclaws account asked not to be identified, citing concerns over his personal safety. He said he wasn't aware of who actually threw the punch, but credits anti-fascist Twitter networks for making it happen.

"plz don't say who I am I dun want people to find me and fuck my shit up"

failing to see what is wrong with this thought process
bent

WaveRacer 64

« Reply #25589 on: September 18, 2017, 05:19:04 PM »
They collectively lost touch with reality, one shitshow after another.

FunSlower

« Reply #25590 on: September 18, 2017, 05:20:13 PM »
iapetus just got demodded, unless this happened before and I missed it
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=249241480&postcount=1313

Raist

« Reply #25591 on: September 18, 2017, 05:28:47 PM »

"plz don't say who I am I dun want people to find me and fuck my shit up"

failing to see what is wrong with this thought process

I just find the irony amusing.

Raist

WaveRacer 64

« Reply #25593 on: September 18, 2017, 05:31:40 PM »
iapetus just got demodded, unless this happened before and I missed it
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=249241480&postcount=1313

It must have been a few minutes since my last post because he was still a mod when I read that post (and was surprised to see a mod post that).

spaceotter69

« Reply #25594 on: September 18, 2017, 05:36:23 PM »
I do not get the Nazism isn't a political view posts. I mean Nazism is a political ideology, a shitty one, but it's a real one lol

SmokyDave

« Reply #25595 on: September 18, 2017, 05:43:58 PM »
That place has gone fucking loopy.

Edit: Posts 1476 to 1481 in the 'pile on iapetus' thread. Man.

Fuck me, Bobby Roberts is on the scene.
« Last Edit: September 18, 2017, 05:54:03 PM by SmokyDave »

« Reply #25596 on: September 18, 2017, 05:46:03 PM »
30 years from now there are going to be a lot of current day fence sitting moderates who will lie to their Grand kids about how they stood up against a modern day resurgence of Nazis and fascism. Better hope they don't know your internet handles because they'll see how you did nothing except excuse it.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=249236918&postcount=1038

I shitpost not for my children, but for my children's children, so that they may one day live in a society where we all get very angry about the misuse of cartoon frogs.

daemon

« Reply #25597 on: September 18, 2017, 05:51:21 PM »
https://archive.is/C9Z4Z

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?p=249244172#post249244172

:drudge :drudge :drudge :drudge :drudge :drudge :drudge :drudge :drudge :drudge

In b4 banned for whining

Can't argue against a point? Shitpost a gif reply as the fucking owner of the site and get dogpiled by people because you no longer have the SS armband.

WaveRacer 64

« Reply #25598 on: September 18, 2017, 05:55:26 PM »

In b4 banned for whining

Can't argue against a point? Shitpost a gif reply as the fucking owner of the site and get dogpiled by people because you no longer have the SS armband.

Evilore's reply to a well thought out post:

Raist

« Reply #25599 on: September 18, 2017, 05:58:05 PM »

Oh! Thought you thought I was a mod aha. 6ft5 and black, helps that a lot of people that shout shit are dudes that have small man sydrome.

:thinking
:bobby
[close]
[close]

nachobro

• Live Más
« Reply #25600 on: September 18, 2017, 05:58:14 PM »
i'm shocked that elfboy hasn't talked about how he'd love to get 1000 fights with nazis on the street

Olivia Wilde Homo

• Proud Kinkshamer
« Reply #25601 on: September 18, 2017, 05:58:33 PM »
Do you really want to be associated with a place known for protecting pedophiles?  Not to mention creeps like messofanego.  I don't get why some people choose to get butthurt over getting banned or demodded on NeoGAF.  NeoGAF's reputation might even be worse off than the chans these days.
🍆🍆

daemon

« Reply #25602 on: September 18, 2017, 05:59:35 PM »

Oh! Thought you thought I was a mod aha. 6ft5 and black, helps that a lot of people that shout shit are dudes that have small man sydrome.

:thinking
:bobby
[close]
[close]

Okay, that's a way to go out I guess.

That was the hill he wanted to die on.

But he went out "AND HIS NAME IS JOHN CENA" style.

i'm shocked that elfboy hasn't talked about how he'd love to get 1000 fights with nazis on the street

He would definitely put his jew-jitsu for a good task, and add a lot of wins to his undefeated record.

Nola

« Reply #25603 on: September 18, 2017, 06:00:05 PM »

In b4 banned for whining

Evilore's reply to a well thought out post:
(Image removed from quote.)
It's almost like that would of been a great moment to, you know, moderate.

You know, foster a: civil, evidence-based discussion. Do not post disingenuously, or in an inflammatory manner for the sole purpose of upsetting others. Negative commentary and minority opinions are not frowned upon, but members are expected to be able to substantiate their positions.

Kinda like Iapetus was doing before getting shit posted into hiding.

:idont

Raist

« Reply #25604 on: September 18, 2017, 06:01:29 PM »
We are judge, jury, and executioner because the judges, juries, and executioners refuse, on purpose or by mistake, to dole out justice.

Jesus fucking christ.

Give him a break, he spends 160+ hours a week fixing the ads issue.

WaveRacer 64

« Reply #25605 on: September 18, 2017, 06:03:32 PM »
With this opening in the mod team Messofanego can now finally become a mod.

daemon

« Reply #25606 on: September 18, 2017, 06:06:45 PM »

FStop7

« Reply #25607 on: September 18, 2017, 06:09:00 PM »
I don't know what it's so hard for those Gaffers to understand the nuance in "It's not a good thing to walk around punching people in the face for having different views than you". There is a time for violence, but GAF people get themselves lathered up over the idea of literally just going out finding people that look like they might be Nazis and beating them up, hopefully on film so they can show everyone and get kudos for it. That's not how a normal society works. All of the sudden it's the mods vs the rockers and chaos breaks out and people in the middle get hurt.

Once the Nazis are gone, what about the next group with terrible view that are slightly less bad but still terrible? And then the ones after that? And after that? And eventually the good guys became the bad guys beating up people in the streets.

It's like these nerds ain't ever heard of The Dark Knight Trilogy

Like any of them would do jack shit, anyway.  This is the same crew that "protested" the inauguration with resist avatars and by playing video games instead of watching TV.  It's a bunch of slacktivists.

That said I can't help but have a laugh at iapetus' expense considering that GAF has been ride or die for pedophiles but this is where it's time to take a stand.

daemon

« Reply #25608 on: September 18, 2017, 06:10:52 PM »
Hey guys, why don't you acknowledge the existence of moderate nazis who don't follow the nazi cult book 100% (Mein Kampf) and are not for the ethnic cleansing?

Can you imagine this argument being made on GAF?

SantaC

« Reply #25609 on: September 18, 2017, 06:16:37 PM »
I don't know what it's so hard for those Gaffers to understand the nuance in "It's not a good thing to walk around punching people in the face for having different views than you". There is a time for violence, but GAF people get themselves lathered up over the idea of literally just going out finding people that look like they might be Nazis and beating them up, hopefully on film so they can show everyone and get kudos for it. That's not how a normal society works. All of the sudden it's the mods vs the rockers and chaos breaks out and people in the middle get hurt.

Once the Nazis are gone, what about the next group with terrible view that are slightly less bad but still terrible? And then the ones after that? And after that? And eventually the good guys became the bad guys beating up people in the streets.

There is a reason we have a law. You dont go around punching other people in the face. GAF really cant understand this? Not surprised though considering all the things they wanted to do with PDP.

WaveRacer 64

« Reply #25610 on: September 18, 2017, 06:17:01 PM »
Iapetus got dog piled into oblivion, even if he's not banned I doubt he'll keep posting on GAF.

SantaC

« Reply #25611 on: September 18, 2017, 06:18:07 PM »
Iapetus got dog piled into oblivion, even if he's not banned I doubt he'll keep posting on GAF.

Iapetus got demodded right away for a kneejerk reaction, but Amir0X survived for years lol.
« Last Edit: September 18, 2017, 06:31:24 PM by SantaC »

SantaC

« Reply #25612 on: September 18, 2017, 06:22:26 PM »

fuck that guy.

Mr Gilhaney

• Gay and suicidal
« Reply #25613 on: September 18, 2017, 06:28:01 PM »
I'm not upset about a nazi getting punched in the face, but I wouldn't be upset about Messofanego getting punched in the face either.

Jenkem

• MARANAX INFIRMUX
« Reply #25614 on: September 18, 2017, 06:34:05 PM »
I'm shocked his account and those posts haven't been dropped down the memory hole yet.

Nola

« Reply #25615 on: September 18, 2017, 06:38:26 PM »

There is a reason we have a law. You dont go around punching other people in the face. GAF really cant understand this? Not surprised though considering all the things they wanted to do with PDP.

GAF has gotten to the point IMO, like many borderline radicalized communities, where there are a set of underlying assumptions, many that are contradictory depending on the topic(the criminal justice system for instance, and whether retribution is a suitable deterrent - not for sheriff Joe, but definitely for nazis - or rehabilitation is the goal) that because of that radicalization and demonization of out-groupers, those assumptions are never allowed to be challenged or disputed. Nuance is all but dead at this point. So is the process of empathy for non-tribe members.

The unchallenged thread running through that topic is that the criminal justice system is so broken, so inadequate, that the only possible solution to this Nazi on the train - who it is also assumed was imminently going to escalate beyond just picking fights - could only be pacified by anti-fascists willing to break the law as well. Because the police would of at best stood apathetic, or worse protected and enabled this idiot.

Neither of those assumptions are ever qualified and to try and engage and challenge them is to get piled on.

Is there a threshold in a society where breaking the law for the greater good is morally justified? Absolutely. Is that the case in this instance? Not a whole lot of strong arguments for it right now. But to point that out is apparently a mortal sin.

seagrams hotsauce

« Reply #25616 on: September 18, 2017, 06:38:37 PM »
People generally understand that there is a difference in depictions of violence in fiction with real life violence, even when is about nazis. People love super hero movies but must people would agree in why having a IRL vigilante is a bad idea.

I don't really view a dude wearing a nazi armband in a downtown metro area getting clocked as vigilantism as much as I view it as an inevitable conclusion :yeshrug

Raist

« Reply #25617 on: September 18, 2017, 06:39:04 PM »
I'm shocked his account and those posts haven't been dropped down the memory hole yet.

Why? He's just a NeoGAF user just like any other!

SantaC

clothedmacuser

• Defender of Centrist Scum
« Reply #25619 on: September 18, 2017, 06:43:17 PM »

i'm scared
sigh