Author Topic: VOAT Containment Megathread of Trash People for Trash People  (Read 2901054 times)

Jansen

Re: Safe-space hugbox thread [no alt-right allowed]
« Reply #120 on: September 27, 2016, 03:49:11 PM »

oh my god how horrifying

Rufus

• 🙈🙉🙊
« Reply #121 on: September 27, 2016, 03:51:29 PM »
The article only seems to be using FH3 as a jumping off point. A gaming site isn't where I would expect that kind of commentary (or it to be received well), but eh - who cares.

Raist

• Winner of the Baited Award 2018
« Reply #122 on: September 27, 2016, 04:08:13 PM »
The article only seems to be using FH3 as a jumping off point. A gaming site isn't where I would expect that kind of commentary (or it to be received well), but eh - who cares.

I've read the article (despite the ban message, but as Dennis said, they were just looking for an excuse - there's dozens of posts like mine, only 3 bans) and also that argument made in the thread.

I mean the author literally says "I felt uncomfortable when I got the review code". Like, seriously?

Regardless, the way it's "using the game" is yes, as a platform, but also becuse it just got out. So it's a way to bait people into reading that stuff.
But even if you ignore that and the fact that it could just have been the same article about Australia on the "regular" VICE site, with no mention of FH3, the premise is dumb as fuck. Even with its shitty politics, you could go to Australia, rent a car, drive around, and have the exact same experience than the game offers you. It's not idyllic. It's not "underserved", or embellished. Because the political climate is entirely irrelevant to the game.

It would make sense in a game like Watch_dogs or whatever. But in this particular case, it's just nonsense. I mean, imagine if a sports commentator starting talking about the political shitstorm in Brazil while covering the 100m finals at the olympic games. People would go "huh wtf?", and rightfully so.

zomgee

• We've *all*
« Reply #123 on: September 27, 2016, 04:13:45 PM »
If this thread ends up like the last one, I'll probably look like this when browsing:

(Image removed from quote.)

Oh you look like that all the time, admit it.

spoiler (click to show/hide)
:heartbeat
[close]
rub

benjipwns

• your bright ideas always burn me
« Reply #124 on: September 27, 2016, 04:20:19 PM »
If you're a foreign driver (or racist to use the technical term) as you try to drive through the races, racist mobs should attack you and smash up your car and windshield and make it hard to progress.

I can't be the only one who is aghast that Forza doesn't even touch on the White Australia policy in its recreation of Australia. There should be documents on it you have to read without skipping before accessing in-game features.

See, the race itself is a metaphor for race relations themselves.

Raist

« Reply #125 on: September 27, 2016, 04:23:53 PM »

I am sorry to see another old timer gone.

The whole scam with "perm warning" is specifically to get rid of veteran posters by accumulation of trivial bans.

Except of course the select few that certain mods protect. They can rack up huge amounts of bans for shitting up thread after thread without permanent consequences. They are the voices you shitlords need to hear.

It almost like they don't understand that the old posters are the ones who made the forum what it was and have contributed enormously over the years.

"Here, lets permanently ban a poster who has created revenue for the forum for 10 years over some trivial bullshit"

TBH after my last ban I barely posted (outside the NMS thread, come at me etc) so I don't particularly care. That place has gone to shit and is FUBAR.

I found a new home anyway :3

Mr. Nobody

• Groovy.
« Reply #126 on: September 27, 2016, 04:26:07 PM »

You have been banned for the following reason:
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=218315108&postcount=247, At last bother reading the OP befor shit posting. The don't shit post.

Date the ban will be lifted: 10-11-2016, 08:00 PM

And a couple minutes later

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=218315108&postcount=247, And that's a shit post that doesn't address the topic. since you were on perm warning, Goodbye.

Date the ban will be lifted: Never

All that for a VICE Gaming "article" about how FH3 is too kind to Australia. Oh well. That was a good 10 years run, I guess.

:lol

I am sorry to see another old timer gone.

The whole scam with "perm warning" is specifically to get rid of veteran posters by accumulation of trivial bans.

Except of course the select few that certain mods protect. They can rack up huge amounts of bans for shitting up thread after thread without permanent consequences. They are the voices you shitlords need to hear.

It almost like they don't understand that the old posters are the ones who made the forum what it was and have contributed enormously over the years.

"Here, lets permanently ban a poster who has created revenue for the forum for 10 years over some trivial bullshit"

A computer has taken your job daddeh

that's hard times

thisismyusername

• GunOn™! Apply directly to forehead!
« Reply #127 on: September 27, 2016, 04:28:13 PM »
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=218274743&postcount=762

Quote from: jeff_rigby
Of course not, but you notice I am not NOW being called mentally ill, crazy, or insane.  Multiple articles are now posting what I have been posting for a year+. 

I have been proved right on 1/2 of the hardware feature needed to support UHD Capable and 1/3 of that needed to support UHD Blu-ray with a website where Sony says that the PS4 is UHD capable which would make the PS4 2/3 of the way to UHD blu-ray. More coming features will prove more and more.

Read the thread and notice my stating that the PS4 has a HDMI 2 port has posters calling me crazy.  My sticking to my initial statement that the PS4 would support UHD or UHD blu-ray has many calling me crazy, a fraud a Troll etc. Everywhere, including the off topic threads, my stance is assumed inaccurate and used to destroy the messenger. 

The derailing by defending myself is one of the Mods reasons for the NeoGAF temporary ban.  He should have warned the posters they were derailing the thread but he apparently thinks that my fixation on PS4 hardware features is somehow wrong and of course he is a left wing sympathizer and my bringing speculation from a doctor on HRCs possible medical issues is a ban-able offence but other people stating she has a neurological issue without supporting cites is not ban-able.  I guess I made too strong a case by prefacing that people with the issue I listed usually die of Pneumonia due to swallowing difficulties.

dude just can't help himself

Jshackles laying down the law. :rejoice

FStop7

« Reply #128 on: September 27, 2016, 04:56:57 PM »

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=218315108&postcount=247, At last bother reading the OP befor shit posting. The don't shit post.

Date the ban will be lifted: 10-11-2016, 08:00 PM

And a couple minutes later

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=218315108&postcount=247, And that's a shit post that doesn't address the topic. since you were on perm warning, Goodbye.

Date the ban will be lifted: Never

All that for a VICE Gaming "article" about how FH3 is too kind to Australia. Oh well. That was a good 10 years run, I guess.

That was a fucking horrible article.  I was half expecting the axe to fall on my account for criticizing it.

I really appreciated being called a Gamergater by some random asshole in that thread, too.

benjipwns

« Reply #130 on: September 27, 2016, 05:15:19 PM »
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=218290538&postcount=110
Oh, I know exactly why some people have a problem with it...
but he never says why, i'm scared

Also:
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=218307113&postcount=236
It's a shame that so many people can't see that there's actual video game "journalism" going on here, as opposed to the reiteration of presskits and boring lists of features and numbers that has widely come to be accepted as "video game journalism" throughout the years.
lol wat

benjipwns

« Reply #131 on: September 27, 2016, 05:19:20 PM »
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1285289
Should Nintendo Embody a Kid's perspective more?

If you don't get what I mean by this, let's use the best example I can give for this, Nickelodeon. Specifically, when Nickelodeon was GOOD. Now it's easy to write Nickelodeon off as some "dumb kiddie network". But there was one thing that made shows like Hey Arnold, Doug, Pete and Pete, Alex Mack, Avatar, Ned's Declassified, and even Rugrats feel fresh from other kids' shows. The unique child perspective. That was what seperated Nick from the likes of competetors like Disney. Their programing wasn't so much about capturing the whimsy of childhood, rather, Nick's shows were more about shows with real world scenarios, interpreted from a kid's point of view. Pete and Pete is a good example of that classic Nickelodeon magic. The show's oddball style came from the fact that it envisioned seemingly mundane situations, as child-like surrealism from the perspective of the eynponomus characters. From a kid's view, a Brain Freeze can feel like a massive trip, school bullies seem like supervillains or wild animals, and Adults can seem either totalitarian, or just plain weird.

That was what made that show, and Nick in general, so unique. What does this have to do with Nintendo? Well aside from Wind Waker, and *maybe* Splatoon, I can't think of many Nintendo games that encapsulate the environment from the perspective of a regular kid. Sure they have kid friendly mascot characters, but very few actually base the game on how a child sees the world around them. What I'm saying is, should Nintendo make it's own "Pete and Pete"? A game where a kid envisions seemingly normal scenarios.
:wtf

thisismyusername

« Reply #132 on: September 27, 2016, 05:39:38 PM »

seagrams hotsauce

« Reply #133 on: September 27, 2016, 06:33:10 PM »
You're a lot less of a cranky pedant, though

toku

• 𝕩𝕩𝕩
« Reply #134 on: September 27, 2016, 07:17:06 PM »
https://twitter.com/RammJaeger/status/780809217384906752

Where's the GAF thread about this? :doge

lol it's tripwire no one cares. Would be cool if he actually fixed KF2 though.

nudemacusers

« Reply #135 on: September 27, 2016, 07:43:09 PM »
http://m.neogaf.com/showthread.php?t=1285418

Just gonna assume friend = chick I sorta know but am crushing on hardcore even though she dates guys who don't see her the way I do  :(
﷽﷽﷽﷽﷽

archie4208

« Reply #136 on: September 27, 2016, 07:56:45 PM »

Just gonna assume friend = chick I sorta know but am crushing on hardcore even though she dates guys who don't see her the way I do  :(

Images deleted LUL

nudemacusers

« Reply #137 on: September 27, 2016, 07:59:30 PM »
﷽﷽﷽﷽﷽

agrajag

« Reply #138 on: September 27, 2016, 08:23:49 PM »
Brehs, that's the hill you chose to die on?

zepblackstar

« Reply #139 on: September 27, 2016, 08:28:18 PM »

calling Vice Gaming a gaming site is where people get it wrong.

Vertigo

« Reply #140 on: September 27, 2016, 08:32:22 PM »

The creepy fuck even said he was going to show her the replies to back up his 'findings'.

agrajag

« Reply #141 on: September 27, 2016, 08:38:45 PM »
New drinking game? Take a shot any time someone on gaming side posts "this is some gamer gate type shit here"

the loser dies from alcohol poisoning

seagrams hotsauce

« Reply #142 on: September 27, 2016, 08:46:18 PM »
She was pretty stacked. Def a qt

Dennis

« Reply #143 on: September 27, 2016, 08:54:23 PM »
New drinking game? Take a shot any time someone on gaming side posts "this is some gamer gate type shit here"

GamerGate really did a number on GAF. Kicked everything up to a whole new level of mass hysteria and paranoia.

Perhaps worst of all it really launched the current humorless version of GAF where every joke risks being you last.

Olivia Wilde Homo

• Proud Kinkshamer
« Reply #144 on: September 27, 2016, 09:28:57 PM »

I made this in Paint in under five minutes.  No judging on the shitty job plz
[close]
« Last Edit: September 27, 2016, 09:35:07 PM by (((Mary Tyler Whore))) »
🍆🍆

Olivia Wilde Homo

• Proud Kinkshamer
« Reply #145 on: September 27, 2016, 09:31:04 PM »
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=218247056&postcount=9348
Its happened before. Remember this lady?

She was fired right after E3 for being overly enthusiastic. Some people don't like that. It feels so forced.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=218249576&postcount=9690
Considering she left two years later and also the fact that I know the E3 performance didn't do her in and you are just making things up, yes.
E3 performance June 2009
Left Nintendo in October 2010

Yep 2 years later.

Google Cammie Dunaway and look at the first 6,7 links and see how much people irrationally hated her.

She left Nintendo at their peak and joined a fuking Mexican Chain.

Left Nintendo to join a Mexican chain restaurant?  Sounds like a promotion to me.

Also LOL at Nintendo's peak in 2010?  Seems to me like she knew when to get out while the getting was good.
🍆🍆

Jansen

« Reply #146 on: September 27, 2016, 10:21:52 PM »
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=218307908&postcount=498

Quote from: dragonzdogma
I'm just grateful I haven't died since
this game (FFVIII versus) was announced 10 years ago.

It would be truly awesome if I make till November 30th.
Life is hard you know, so many things could have happen, yet here I'm
Alive and well.

Thank God man.
Edit: *November 29

archie4208

« Reply #147 on: September 27, 2016, 10:31:34 PM »
People have died waiting for Half-Life 3.  :fbm

zomgee

• We've *all*
« Reply #148 on: September 27, 2016, 10:39:59 PM »
(Image removed from quote.)

I made this in Paint in under five minutes.  No judging on the shitty job plz
[close]

M0dus-like.
rub

thisismyusername

« Reply #149 on: September 27, 2016, 11:16:11 PM »
FF8-versus? :wtf

I'm a Puppy!

• Knows the muffin man.
« Reply #151 on: September 27, 2016, 11:44:32 PM »
Guys! Guys!

SMG> SMG2>SMW>SMB3>SMB3D>SMB64>SMBwii>SMB2>SMB1
que

agrajag

« Reply #152 on: September 27, 2016, 11:45:22 PM »
American SMB2 or Japanese?

I'm a Puppy!

• Knows the muffin man.
« Reply #153 on: September 27, 2016, 11:50:19 PM »
I said SMB2 not Doki Doki Panic  :esports
que

El Babua

« Reply #154 on: September 28, 2016, 12:10:22 AM »
Doki Doki Panic was originally supposed to be SMB 2 before they changed it to that, then changed it back for the US release. :expert

stufte

• Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior
« Reply #155 on: September 28, 2016, 01:20:53 AM »
Doki Doki Panic plays differently than SMB2 USA which is a superior game. And a superior mario game.  :doge

king of the internet

• 🚽
« Reply #156 on: September 28, 2016, 01:22:47 AM »

benjipwns

« Reply #157 on: September 28, 2016, 01:27:31 AM »
Nothing will go wrong in this thread: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1285475

VomKriege

• Do the moron
ὕβρις

Raist

« Reply #159 on: September 28, 2016, 02:38:14 AM »
"So long, and thanks for all the clicks" :lol

https://twitter.com/Jickle/status/780758199414644736?s=09

Cerveza mas fina

• I don't care for Islam tbqh
  • filler
« Reply #160 on: September 28, 2016, 02:59:46 AM »
Doki Doki Panic was originally supposed to be SMB 2 before they changed it to that, then changed it back for the US release. :expert

Is this for real?

Raist

« Reply #161 on: September 28, 2016, 03:00:40 AM »

Is this for real?

Yes.

No.
[close]

Tasty

« Reply #162 on: September 28, 2016, 04:57:29 AM »
Doki Doki Panic was based on an prototype the SMB2 team made during an early and experimental stage of development. However it didn't get far before being divorced from Mario because it was so different. I don't think they ever entertained the idea of actually making it into SMB2.

agrajag

« Reply #163 on: September 28, 2016, 05:38:19 AM »
Either way, I don't know how anyone could place Doki Doki Panic/SMB2 USA or the Japanese SMB2 ahead of SMB. Or jf of those games ahead of SMB  :ufup

Phoenix Dark

• I got no game it's just some bitches understand my story
« Reply #164 on: September 28, 2016, 05:48:33 AM »
More like dorky dorky panic amirite

Cerveza mas fina

• filler
« Reply #165 on: September 28, 2016, 05:49:38 AM »
I always like the wacky world of SMB2.

headwalk

• brutal deluxe
« Reply #166 on: September 28, 2016, 07:40:19 AM »
mario kart 64 does little to illustrate the vile autocracy of the mushroom kingdom and worse, seeks to demonise all those within who dare to speak against it.

Cerveza mas fina

• filler

Take My Breh Away

« Reply #168 on: September 28, 2016, 09:21:18 AM »
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1285589

If Evilore is not getting paid for that blatant product placement and still has ad money problems. Then he's either an idiot or funneling the money off-shore.

Speaking of blatant plugging. New Anita video. Surprise, it's complete shit without any sort of academic argument other than "Drive By" quoting from some books. But everyone's going to line up to lick her boots anyway.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1285634

zomgee

• We've *all*
« Reply #169 on: September 28, 2016, 09:28:47 AM »

So a bunch of people got banned for calling out what the author admitted - it was a dumb angle to argue in the article.

Nice!
rub

Am_I_Anonymous

• And I'm pretty sure fuck you (italics implied)
« Reply #170 on: September 28, 2016, 10:45:06 AM »

Add a shot for every time somebody on Forza posts "I can't get this to run on my PC" and you'll be drunk by 1030am.
YMMV

thisismyusername

« Reply #171 on: September 28, 2016, 10:47:01 AM »
^ :umad

It's a valid complaint since UWP seems to be screwing people that could fix it. The only way I fixed 6: Apex was turning off the in-game video recording that is Microsoft built. :doge You'd think their "write once" mantra would mean the system OS wouldn't get in the way of the code. :doge :doge

So a bunch of people got banned for calling out what the author admitted - it was a dumb angle to argue in the article.

Nice!

But hey, GAF got to call people that rightly called it out as Gamergaters, so... 8)

Mr. Nobody

• Groovy.

tiesto

• ルカルカ★ナイトフィーバー
« Reply #173 on: September 28, 2016, 10:51:58 AM »
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=218390426&postcount=60

That guy Crossing Eden may very well be one of the most nauseating posters on the gaming side (I rarely venture into OT anymore). At least Lime has one redeeming factor going for him - a decent taste in games...
^_^

zomgee

• We've *all*
« Reply #174 on: September 28, 2016, 10:52:37 AM »
rub

Dennis

« Reply #175 on: September 28, 2016, 11:36:03 AM »
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1285529

Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen

I feel like this is a trap to lure us out into the open 0_0

:kobeyuck

Syph

« Reply #176 on: September 28, 2016, 11:42:46 AM »
XO

stufte

• Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior
« Reply #177 on: September 28, 2016, 12:09:23 PM »

stufte

« Reply #178 on: September 28, 2016, 12:16:05 PM »
HAHAHAHAHA

Pepe the Frog designated a hate symbol by ADL

:fbm I swear we are in the last years of life on this planet. We won't survive this.

VomKriege

• Do the moron
« Reply #179 on: September 28, 2016, 01:21:07 PM »
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=218391131&postcount=5

Really? Shit, someone tell them about Bioshock Infinite, Watch Dogs, or everything Bethesda touches.

File a complaint then, it's right there on their site. Whataboutism at its finest.
ὕβρις