Author Topic: VOAT Containment Megathread of Trash People for Trash People  (Read 2900656 times)

Dennis

Re: 🚨 Other Forum Megathread of...WTF OPPO DROPPO?! 🚨
« Reply #23160 on: August 13, 2017, 10:42:34 PM »
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1419140

Someone get in there and make a "rubio.exe has stopped working" joke.

clothedmacuser

• Defender of Centrist Scum
« Reply #23161 on: August 13, 2017, 10:43:25 PM »
Quote from: Slayven
Why do people keep referencing their friends as "the audience". That is kinda of dehumanizing
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=245989190&postcount=514
sigh

Himu

« Reply #23162 on: August 13, 2017, 11:10:28 PM »
Slayven trying to make himself to be the real victim when a black man is attacked by the KKK.

Quote from: Slayven
I see little difference between people that advocate for genocide, and those folks that want to enjoy a little racism between friends in a intimate setting. Symptom of the same disease really

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=246052934&postcount=403

Jokes with friends is not much different form genocide and vicious assault.  What namby-pamby, cake boy racism has he faced?  People expecting him to be good at basketball?

But he has to make everything about him and how uninformed he is.

No offense, but you're a white boy. Know your place.

I don't like Slayven much but saying all that, as if you know his life experience, makes you look like an unnecessarily bitter fuck tard. What have you faced in terms of racial adversity 
that gives you unique knowledge to come at Slayven like besides just being petty?
IYKYK

clothedmacuser

« Reply #23163 on: August 13, 2017, 11:15:25 PM »
He's saying there is little difference between advocating for genocide and telling off color jokes.  In a thread about a man nearly beaten to death!

I'm half Navajo and half Jew.  But us native americans have a sense of humor Slayven types need flash cards and flowcharts to understand.

Edit: Also, I may be out of line but I don't want to get into it now.
« Last Edit: August 13, 2017, 11:24:00 PM by clothedmacuser »
sigh

Himu

« Reply #23164 on: August 13, 2017, 11:47:32 PM »
My problem is that you went after his life experience without any knowledge. To be fair, I did the same to you by calling you a white boy. Being half native and half Jew makes it come off as even worse though. It's like saying that Jewish people have no ground to stand on regarding their life experience. Even if you're a modern Jew, you still carry with the knowledge that your ancestors were put into ovens, starved to death, and shot in the head over nothing in death camps. This happened less than one hundred years ago and still affects Jewish people to this day. Anti Semitic sentiment hasn't gone away since WWII, and just being Jewish will expose you to it so that even if you've never personally been treated badly for being Jewish, you know what it feels like because you've experienced and seen with your own eyes dehumanization of your people and stories from older people about your people were treated.

By the same token, some black peoples grandparents were murdered in front of their parents, beaten to death, because they were black. They have parents that have stories about how they had to avoid going in entire towns or states while traveling on vacation lest they put their family in danger for being lynched. The fact that people deemed your people so inhuman that they thought it okay to bomb your churches, kill your family if you tried to vote, didn't think you had the right to the same education or housing as others before you were ten years old will stick with you. As an adult, you experience first hand the media labeling all black people as criminals and looters in the case of Katrina and notice the disparity between how black and white people are treated by wider society. Some kid gets a body full of bullets and people will justify it because he's black. Some cop rolls on some 12 year old and shoots him dead and it's forgotten.

And that's just society.

But nah, better to question what Slayven has actually been through.

You have two blood lines that have been deemed not human historically by a swath of the populace, and seem to have learned fuck all. You can question Slayven's logic without actually going after his personhood and life experience and saying "we have a sense of humor" isn't really cutting it.
IYKYK

Boredfrom

« Reply #23165 on: August 14, 2017, 12:33:54 AM »
People shit talk Slayvrn because he acts like a  transparent hypocritical prick. Many of us would respect his life experience if he respected other at minimum.

daycru

« Reply #23166 on: August 14, 2017, 12:51:14 AM »
Slayven is a slobbering distinguished mentally-challenged fellow.

Boredfrom

« Reply #23167 on: August 14, 2017, 12:56:36 AM »
That said, I prefer not making racial jokes because they can actually hurt a lot. I will be a hypocrite if I said that I didn't laugh of some of them, but I can understand why people don't like them in general.

OnlyRegret

• <<SALVATION!>>
« Reply #23168 on: August 14, 2017, 12:58:56 AM »
we made it, we're the semi nazis to the voat full bodied deluxe nazis

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=246090920&postcount=2865

Atramental

• 🧘‍♂️
« Reply #23169 on: August 14, 2017, 01:55:26 AM »
If we're such Nazis how can they explain this?

spoiler (click to show/hide)
*self quoting myself like our boy, bobby roberts* :bobby
[close]

agrajag

« Reply #23170 on: August 14, 2017, 02:01:49 AM »
The Bore: Not As Extreme as NeoFig

Himu

« Reply #23171 on: August 14, 2017, 02:13:59 AM »
People shit talk Slayvrn because he acts like a  transparent hypocritical prick. Many of us would respect his life experience if he respected other at minimum.

So this makes it okay to question Slayven by projecting that the only adversity he has ever faced were basketball stereotype jokes? That's like saying to a gay person "you've never faced any real bigotry. No one has probably ever called you a cigarillo.got to your face. The worst you've probably heard is that you wear aprons" just because you don't like them. It makes no sense and it's just offensive to the gay people in your midst. This weekend white nationalists said,"blood and soil" and "we will not be replaced by Jews". Are we going to start saying to Jewish people,"all you've probably dealt with are people saying Jewish people are greedy" now to Jewish people we don't like now? Where does this end?

In any case, since the anti semitism is fresh on my mind, is a Jewish person thin skinned if they don't like holocaust jokes?  Certainly many Jewish comedians make a lot of Hitler jokes, but not all Jewish people are the same and it's not that far fetched to think that making jokes about Jewish desensitizes people to the point where they're willing to, such as this weekend, say something like,"blood and soil" and "Jews will not replace us" is understandable. After all, after Chris Rock's Black People vs niccas sketch blew up with white people, racism white people justified using the jokes to further their racism. Sometimes jokes inadvertently cause hate and criticizing Slayven - for all his faults - for being uncomfortable with racist jokes and tying them homocidal racist acts is pretty fucked up and I will not tolerate such foolishness be said about a black person in my presence no matter what you think of them.
IYKYK

Himu

« Reply #23172 on: August 14, 2017, 02:15:00 AM »
we made it, we're the semi nazis to the voat full bodied deluxe nazis

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=246090920&postcount=2865

Gordon is wack.
IYKYK

Boredfrom

« Reply #23173 on: August 14, 2017, 02:56:38 AM »

So this makes it okay to question Slayven by projecting that the only adversity he has ever faced were basketball stereotype jokes? That's like saying to a gay person "you've never faced any real bigotry. No one has probably ever called you a cigarillo.got to your face. The worst you've probably heard is that you wear aprons" just because you don't like them. It makes no sense and it's just offensive to the gay people in your midst. This weekend white nationalists said,"blood and soil" and "we will not be replaced by Jews". Are we going to start saying to Jewish people,"all you've probably dealt with are people saying Jewish people are greedy" now to Jewish people we don't like now? Where does this end?

In any case, since the anti semitism is fresh on my mind, is a Jewish person thin skinned if they don't like holocaust jokes?  Certainly many Jewish comedians make a lot of Hitler jokes, but not all Jewish people are the same and it's not that far fetched to think that making jokes about Jewish desensitizes people to the point where they're willing to, such as this weekend, say something like,"blood and soil" and "Jews will not replace us" is understandable. After all, after Chris Rock's Black People vs niccas sketch blew up with white people, racism white people justified using the jokes to further their racism. Sometimes jokes inadvertently cause hate and criticizing Slayven - for all his faults - for being uncomfortable with racist jokes and tying them homocidal racist acts is pretty fucked up and I will not tolerate such foolishness be said about a black person in my presence no matter what you think of them.

Nah, you are right and I understand your logic. I think he is still an asshole but you are right, racial jokes hurt a lot and people have legit reasons to be uncomfortable about it.

Jenkem

• MARANAX INFIRMUX
« Reply #23174 on: August 14, 2017, 04:59:10 AM »
Quote from: Teggy;246091104
Bore? Man, I guess I'm not up to date on all the shitty websites.

:jeanluc :trigger :jeanluc
 :trigger  :six: :trigger
 :jeanluc :trigger :jeanluc

VomKriege

• Do the moron
« Reply #23175 on: August 14, 2017, 05:59:25 AM »
I seriously cannot stand people who argue as if the only alternative to dropping nukes on Hiroshima and Nagasaki was an all-out invasion of Japan.

Curious which other alternative there was. AFAIK naval blockade was already enforced and effective, the population was hurting, most of the major cities had been bombed to the ground and we do know that even after the atomic bombings and the Soviet declaration of war half the War Cabinet was still against surrendering.

Otherwise it was waging war all over Southeast Asia against the Japanese occupation (which couldn't be more expedient) or offering different surrender terms which was complicated due to the Allied setup.
ὕβρις

Let's Cyber

• Banned (duration pending)
« Reply #23176 on: August 14, 2017, 08:31:28 AM »
Quote from: Not;246061662
I need to stay off Twitter. I'm itching for a fight. Can't tell if it's just testosterone.

EDIT: To be clear, I'm basically talking about tweeting back at alt-right people.

:neogaf
This is the same dude that got very upset and felt the need to speak on behalf of all women because Zelda was crying in one of the Breath of the Wild trailers.

:crazy

counterhit

« Reply #23177 on: August 14, 2017, 08:32:58 AM »
https://twitter.com/Mediaite/status/896910071011004416

https://twitter.com/lfrenchnews/status/896950108708888576 (different, but related event)

I really don't get where this pattern of counter-protesters physically assaulting reporters comes from. The world is clearly on their side and they are not at risk of losing anything from being "exposed". Anyway, not surprised this hasn't been posted on GAF yet as far as I can tell.

counterhit

« Reply #23178 on: August 14, 2017, 08:38:26 AM »
Forgot what I wanted to post in the first place:

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?p=245832538#post245832538

SmokeyDave I think it's time for your monthly post. Congrats, you are a "milkshake duck".

agrajag

« Reply #23179 on: August 14, 2017, 10:37:17 AM »

SmokeyDave I think it's time for your monthly post. Congrats, you are a "milkshake duck".

The PS Vita Stan that hated the 3DS with a passion? Damn. And he's a racist hateful person too? Well, not shedding any tears for his eviction from here.

He hated the 3DS, literally worse than Hitler!

TakingBackSunday

• Banana Grabber
« Reply #23180 on: August 14, 2017, 10:45:22 AM »

can we maybe not use that word  :(
püp

zomgee

• We've *all*
« Reply #23181 on: August 14, 2017, 11:12:56 AM »

Oh I get it, it's ok to talk shit about banned users then. Nice new policy you got there, it'd be a shame if you applied it inconsistently.
rub

zomgee

• We've *all*
« Reply #23182 on: August 14, 2017, 11:13:11 AM »

can we maybe not use that word  :(

Yes Slayven is a very bad word
rub

Himu

« Reply #23183 on: August 14, 2017, 11:15:17 AM »
:beli
IYKYK

headwalk

• brutal deluxe
« Reply #23184 on: August 14, 2017, 11:26:34 AM »
slayven is just a bored nerd who has pinned his entire purpose and identity to the colour of his skin, not unlike his parading nemeses.

Mr. Nobody

• Groovy.
« Reply #23185 on: August 14, 2017, 11:43:28 AM »
yea you guys let's not use the r-word

Slayven is a cocksucking faggot! :kinison

there that's better :itagaki

I'd rep this if I could :heh

benjipwns

• your bright ideas always burn me
« Reply #23186 on: August 14, 2017, 11:59:36 AM »
The Trump presidency is like experiencing mild forms of some of America's toughest crisis all at once. Cold War, WW2, Civil War, and the Cuban Missile Crisis. I'm afraid all of these threats will only get worse under Trump. Also given how this administration is running; I'm worried that another major domestic terror attack (whether from the Radical Right or ISIS) is around the corner.

So a question for everyone, Do you think Russia succeeded in destroying America? It's well documented that Russian bots were working on radicalizing people through propaganda encouraging racist, sexist, KKK, Nazi, etc. behavior. Specifically spread a lot of anti-BLM stuff. Their main goal is to cause chaos for the US and just have us confused and fighting each other. I'd say the Russians also hijacked Bernie's campaign and turned his supporters into Bernie Bros. I'd also say that Russian bots also pretended to be Bernie supporters that said things to further divide Clinton and Sanders base. There was just something completely weird with the hatred the two bases had for each other and still do. Not even getting into the Trump angle. Or that there is at least one Russian snake in Congress. Or that they have apparently been slowing hacking our entire infrastructure. Or that senior officials have said that the Russians know most everything on us and they assume someone in Trumps admin is whispering into Putin's ear. The Trump administration was caught on numerous occasions trying to setup a direct private line to Russia. They could've succeeded for all we know.

benjipwns

« Reply #23187 on: August 14, 2017, 12:02:38 PM »
Every Dem candidate better have a good plan for cracking down on fascism. I don't want to hear anything that even approaches caring about their free speech.
:american

benjipwns

« Reply #23188 on: August 14, 2017, 12:17:58 PM »
since i see some people are sorta asking in that "totally not asking about bans on GAF" way i'll just stick this here for the at least one poligaf dude who regularly reads this thread, next time somebody asks feel free to tell them i won't be back to NeoGAF.com to post, even if the ban is changed like has happened at least twice before (i deleted the login info from chrome and haven't had access to the DOMAIN NAME let alone the e-mail the account has attached to it in nearly a decade) thanks for all the fish, etc.

also thanks to makai for reminding that i had two delicious gems this weekend: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=245960522&postcount=392

Bulleta©™®

• is probably playing some game
« Reply #23189 on: August 14, 2017, 12:19:11 PM »

The PS Vita Stan that hated the 3DS with a passion? Damn. And he's a racist hateful person too? Well, not shedding any tears for his eviction from here.

Well, Hitler didn't hate the 3DS, so..

agrajag

« Reply #23190 on: August 14, 2017, 12:20:35 PM »
The Bore: VOAT Alternative Harbouring Problematic Banned Members Benjipwns and Dennis

benjipwns

« Reply #23191 on: August 14, 2017, 12:26:39 PM »
ACLU please fight for gun rights so we don't have to turn to the NRA for the love of God.

AFAIK, ACLU focuses on first amendment only?

Nope. ACLU doesn't fight for individual gun rights. They're fine with collective gun ownership but they would be a tremendous ally in gun rights with none of the crazy.

There is this.

https://www.aclu.org/blog/washington-markup/gun-control-laws-should-be-fair

And this

https://www.aclu.org/blog/washington-markup/use-error-prone-and-unfair-watchlists-not-way-regulate-guns-america

But many of us feel ACLU could do better. We want them to be the alternative to the NRA for gun rights. Unfortunately, right now NRA is the main org that does. Although there's other gun rights groups NRA is by far the most powerful.

Here's a Reddit thread on it from the liberal/left perspective.

https://www.reddit.com/r/liberalgunowners/comments/5wzyeq/rationalizing_collective_rights_vs_individual/
I didn't read your links but Gun Owners of America is a group I hear a lot about in my swamp pits, they call out the NRA quite often. I don't remember if they do many lawsuits though. Second Amendment Foundation was the one that filed McDonald.

I'm not sure if culturally they'd be accepting of you but there is https://www.agirlandagun.org/
There's always the Pink Pistols, which is not a gang despite the long running urban myth that Bill O'Reilly was obsessed with for like a year. :lol

benjipwns

« Reply #23192 on: August 14, 2017, 12:28:31 PM »

Well, Hitler didn't hate the 3DS, so..
We shouldn't forget that time Saddam Hussein tried to get his hands on a bunch of Playstation 2's in order to create a nuclear bomb.

headwalk

• brutal deluxe
« Reply #23193 on: August 14, 2017, 12:47:20 PM »
hitler would've never stood for the 3DS, you should see the welding on panther tanks. pumping out badly made equipment on the cheap to flood the competition was uncle joe's game. hitler was more of a ps vita man. impeccable bit of kit that was too premium to be fit for purpose.

benjipwns

« Reply #23194 on: August 14, 2017, 12:56:18 PM »
the Germans wasted years on delivering the first assault rifles to their troops because of minor imperfections in the design :lol

the M16 vs AK-47 situation was always one of those things i thought should be taught in general engineering/design type of courses if it wasn't, the AK-47 is basically a piece of cheap garbage but any idiot can use it, the M16 was an overdesigned by committee weapon that became a disaster to be equipped with
« Last Edit: August 14, 2017, 01:02:16 PM by benjipwns »

Joe Molotov

• I'm much more humble than you would understand.
  • Administrator
« Reply #23195 on: August 14, 2017, 12:59:30 PM »
the Germans wasted years on delivering the first assault rifles to their troops because of minor imperfections in the design :lol

*Virgin Nazis vs. Chad Russians image macro*
©@©™

benjipwns

« Reply #23196 on: August 14, 2017, 01:04:30 PM »
love this movie, not just for the great cast:

i guess lame-o's could read the book but they miss out on greatness like this:

agrajag

« Reply #23197 on: August 14, 2017, 01:24:05 PM »
love this movie, not just for the great cast:
(Image removed from quote.)

i guess lame-o's could read the book but they miss out on greatness like this:

SmokyDave

« Reply #23198 on: August 14, 2017, 01:24:18 PM »

Ah, fuck it man, I get it. It makes total sense that the average gaffer thinks I'm a racist.

The first and largest reason is that I have strongly opposed conservative Islamic culture since cat was a kitten. The second reason is that I got mad frustrated at the daft equivalences between the US and the UK with regards to racism, especially when fuelled by some linguistic or cultural misunderstanding. In fact I got so vexed one day that I made the rash, embarrassing, and pointless posts that got me banned. About time too, to be fair. Third reason is that I'm unashamedly pleased to be tall, white, blue-eyed, and English. Oddly, recognising your privilege always throws up red flags.

So I get it. It's funny, because in real life I'm left as fuck. Always have been. Black people are welcome to gay abortions as far I'm concerned, it's none of my business. I saw one dude call me a Brexiteer! I voted to remain, I've never voted for a right wing party in my life, and I've made no secret of loving continental Europe. Still, is what it is, man.

What I do find funny is that these people claim to care about what I said, enough to be hurt even, and yet nobody links the posts that did it. What is a real pisser is that they can just use my last two or three, pretending I didn't already have the reputation by then.

At least I'm not remembered solely for the Vita. I've moved on to a Switch now anyway. It was always about the most powerful handheld tech, and still is.

stufte

• Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior
« Reply #23199 on: August 14, 2017, 01:52:55 PM »
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?p=246122682#post246122682

Um no. Arab isn't a race or phenotype. It's actually a very offensive term to many there.
Arabs being called Arab is apparently VERY offensive?

At least this poster seems to be getting shut down pretty quick on that notion.

Yearsoflurking about to return to his years of lurking

:dead

Himu

« Reply #23200 on: August 14, 2017, 02:14:07 PM »
ACLU please fight for gun rights so we don't have to turn to the NRA for the love of God.

AFAIK, ACLU focuses on first amendment only?

Nope. ACLU doesn't fight for individual gun rights. They're fine with collective gun ownership but they would be a tremendous ally in gun rights with none of the crazy.

There is this.

https://www.aclu.org/blog/washington-markup/gun-control-laws-should-be-fair

And this

https://www.aclu.org/blog/washington-markup/use-error-prone-and-unfair-watchlists-not-way-regulate-guns-america

But many of us feel ACLU could do better. We want them to be the alternative to the NRA for gun rights. Unfortunately, right now NRA is the main org that does. Although there's other gun rights groups NRA is by far the most powerful.

Here's a Reddit thread on it from the liberal/left perspective.

https://www.reddit.com/r/liberalgunowners/comments/5wzyeq/rationalizing_collective_rights_vs_individual/
I didn't read your links but Gun Owners of America is a group I hear a lot about in my swamp pits, they call out the NRA quite often. I don't remember if they do many lawsuits though. Second Amendment Foundation was the one that filed McDonald.

I'm not sure if culturally they'd be accepting of you but there is https://www.agirlandagun.org/
There's always the Pink Pistols, which is not a gang despite the long running urban myth that Bill O'Reilly was obsessed with for like a year. :lol

I'm already familiar with Pink Pistols. They're a gun club mostly, though. They also support the NRA, as most viable gun clubs do, because the NRA offers quite simply the most extensive and common gun safety classes.

What I want is a real alternative to the NRA. There's many cases NRA takes up or defends and they're the only group with any real power or sway to fight for peoples gun rights. Something like Pink Pistols stands as a good advocate but they're very niche in who they're appealing to.

I do wish Pink Pistols would be more vocal in states like California that are liberal and anti-gun. Talk sense about how California is making it hard for an LGBT person to defend themselves in the case of self defense.
IYKYK

benjipwns

« Reply #23201 on: August 14, 2017, 02:16:07 PM »

Um no. Arab isn't a race or phenotype. It's actually a very offensive term to many there.

I'd tell you to rate on a scale of 1-10 how offensive but using such numerals are probably very offensive.

benjipwns

« Reply #23202 on: August 14, 2017, 02:17:11 PM »
What I want is a real alternative to the NRA. There's many cases NRA takes up or defends and they're the only group with any real power or sway to fight for peoples gun rights.
https://www.saf.org/

Broseidon

• Estado Homo
« Reply #23203 on: August 14, 2017, 02:18:19 PM »

Nassim Taleb has a GAF account?
bent

stufte

• Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior
« Reply #23204 on: August 14, 2017, 02:26:56 PM »

I'd tell you to rate on a scale of 1-10 how offensive but using such numerals are probably very offensive.

I just can't fucking deal with your numericalnormative bullshit today, benji.

Himu

« Reply #23205 on: August 14, 2017, 02:27:08 PM »
What I want is a real alternative to the NRA. There's many cases NRA takes up or defends and they're the only group with any real power or sway to fight for peoples gun rights.
https://www.saf.org/

Yeah I know about them and I'm highly considering donating.
IYKYK

SmokyDave

« Reply #23206 on: August 14, 2017, 02:51:32 PM »
SmokeyDave, when did you get permed?
Right before the Alexa graph for GAF disappeared off a cliff.

Seriously though, I dunno, must've been a couple of years now. It was just after that dude described Idris Elba as 'street'. I'd sort of given up on the site a few months before that though, so my output had been even lower quality than normal.

StealthFan

• Swings Both Ways
Re: Other Forum Megathread of...WTF OPPO DROPPO?!
« Reply #23207 on: August 14, 2017, 04:05:03 PM »
Fucking nazis. This country is getting more fucked by the day. Plowing your car into innocent people :snoop Not to mention that nicca doesn't even have a jaw :scust:
reckt

studyguy

« Reply #23208 on: August 14, 2017, 04:18:32 PM »
That dude who ran into the protestors literally beat his mother over videogames  :doge
I always imagined a Nazi to be a more hardened individuals growing up, not maladjusted manchildren, but here we are...
pause

seagrams hotsauce

« Reply #23209 on: August 14, 2017, 04:41:13 PM »
That dude who ran into the protestors literally beat his mother over videogames  :doge
I always imagined a Nazi to be a more hardened individuals growing up, not maladjusted manchildren, but here we are...

The OG nazi was a maladjusted manchild with mommy issues. You shouldn't be too surprised that they're not breaking the mold.

benjipwns

« Reply #23210 on: August 14, 2017, 05:15:16 PM »
At least it wasn't South Park.

thisismyusername

• GunOn™! Apply directly to forehead!
Re: Other Forum Megathread of...WTF OPPO DROPPO?!
« Reply #23211 on: August 14, 2017, 05:16:05 PM »
Fucking nazis. This country is getting more fucked by the day. Plowing your car into innocent people :snoop Not to mention that nicca doesn't even have a jaw :scust:

StealthFan, bb: Find me helium.

TYIA</Kara>

nachobro

• Live Más
« Reply #23212 on: August 14, 2017, 05:36:20 PM »
what's his gaf account?

benjipwns

« Reply #23213 on: August 14, 2017, 05:49:54 PM »
So you believe it's the ACLU's fault for what happened?
Not necessarily, but they are clearly complicit and they can't wash their hands of that. Also victim blaming the people who got ran over is a bad look as well. Perhaps they need to reevaluate their priorities.

Milo actively attacks people and tries to get harm caused to them. Same as the nazis they defended at Charlottesville. Free speech in a vacuum is good, but sticking to it NO MATTER WHAT isn't the best of ideas. There are points where you need to draw a line. I, and others, think that the ACLU fell on the wrong side of the line when they defended Milo or actual nazis. Especially ironic considering these people actively try to reduce the civil liberties of others. This isn't "I disagree with what you say but I will defend it", it's "I will defend your liberty to take away others' liberty", and acting like "we're just defending free speech" is enough of a justification to wash their hands of the blood is naive.
Now you may say a post like this is a sign of the fall of NeoGAF.com's standards in 2017.

I say NO, it is the people in this thread defending PAN-AND-SCAN in 2017:
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1418978
The thread even places you on the side with Bobby Roberts.

VomKriege

• Do the moron
« Reply #23214 on: August 14, 2017, 06:40:21 PM »
http://m.neogaf.com/showthread.php?t=1419434

The sanctity of my videogames.  :noooo :stahp

Game's called For Honor not "For the Honorless"

:bluesteel
« Last Edit: August 14, 2017, 06:46:22 PM by VomKriege »
ὕβρις

FStop7

« Reply #23215 on: August 14, 2017, 08:23:55 PM »
Why would you even play any other character in a tournament if the exploit is that powerful and is allowed under the rules?   :doge

clothedmacuser

« Reply #23216 on: August 14, 2017, 08:27:34 PM »
All the big cities should form a military alliance with a standing and united voluntary militia.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=246149924&postcount=19
sigh

« Reply #23217 on: August 14, 2017, 08:39:58 PM »
Something tells me not too many people are concerned about a slapdash militia made up of the type of people who meticulously grow top knots and fret about the Artisanal Cheese Festival over on the waterfront being over before they can catch a Lyft over from downtown.

Boredfrom

« Reply #23218 on: August 14, 2017, 08:48:09 PM »
I actually agree with GAF for once with tearing down confederate monuments, as the events of this weekend, Trump assholish behavior and maybe someone in GAF getting arrested even if it is for a decent cause.

Himu

« Reply #23219 on: August 14, 2017, 09:44:51 PM »
Yeah. Any talk of "our history and culture" went out the window the second confederate flags were neck and neck with Nazi flags. The gig is up.
IYKYK