Author Topic: The Bore does what NeoGAF doesn't.  (Read 3261460 times)

Kara

• It was all going to be very admirable and noble and it would show us - philosophically - what it means to be human.
Re: The Bore does what NeoGAF doesn't.
« Reply #18240 on: May 25, 2016, 11:41:01 AM »
Despite its name, Buenaventura Durruti was not in fact commander of the Durruti Column because anarchy is not hierarchical. :teehee

Kara

• It was all going to be very admirable and noble and it would show us - philosophically - what it means to be human.
« Reply #18241 on: May 25, 2016, 11:49:55 AM »
Does APKmetsfan still stan for the American Surveillance State?

http://m.spiegel.de/international/world/a-1093360.html
The democratic right of the government to protect themselves and have intelligence trumps any individual rights enumerated or not in the Constitution. As well as a functioning internet commerce system.

*not at all a snarky paraphrase of his argument in favor of outlawing all forms of private encryption which would only be used by people who have something to hide from the people so the people are not being harmed anyway*

Wait what, lol? Like even the subservient ones we generally use today that the feds don't have to dredge up laws from the 18th century to try and force their creators to render them obsolete sooner than they already are (without compensating them of course, natch).

Bring on corporate extraterritoriality. :lol

thisismyusername

• GunOn™! Apply directly to forehead!
« Reply #18242 on: May 25, 2016, 11:59:33 AM »
Gaf & Progress : SJW unit.

:dead

But who is Mariska Hargitay of this?

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=204607671

EL mad

Sure, but if it gets Tabris to stop posting: I'm all for it.
« Last Edit: May 25, 2016, 12:04:30 PM by thisismyusername »

stufte

• Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior
« Reply #18243 on: May 25, 2016, 12:22:03 PM »
Gaf & Progress : SJW unit.

:dead

But who is Mariska Hargitay of this?

She'd head up the unit, actually.

benjipwns

• your bright ideas always burn me
« Reply #18244 on: May 25, 2016, 12:27:35 PM »
Wait what, lol? Like even the subservient ones we generally use today that the feds don't have to dredge up laws from the 18th century to try and force their creators to render them obsolete sooner than they already are (without compensating them of course, natch).

Bring on corporate extraterritoriality. :lol
I wasn't even arguing against it from a libertarian/anarchist perspective aside from an obvious disclaimer just a...whole...you know, trying to explain that if the keys aren't generated at runtime or the government has access to them at all times the encryption is pretty much worthless because you're supposed to assume a system with a built in backdoor for a third party is compromised and he just kept going on about how I wanted to block the democratic right of the government to not have secrets kept from them because of my irrational worldview.

It was in some PoliGAF thread last summer or whatever, I think when the Feds wanted Apple to turn over all their iPhone encryption keys.

I mentioned what the Feds did to the PGP guy and I think a few people in the thread thought that was no big deal.

benjipwns

« Reply #18245 on: May 25, 2016, 12:43:02 PM »
From WaPo article:
Senior officials do not intend to advance the solutions as “administration proposals” — or even want them shared outside the government, according to a draft memo obtained by The Washington Post.
“Any proposed solution almost certainly would quickly become a focal point for attacks,” said the unclassified memo, drafted this summer by officials from law enforcement, intelligence, diplomatic and economic agencies for eventual consideration by Cabinet members.

“Rather than sparking more discussion, government-proposed technical approaches would almost certainly be perceived as proposals to introduce ‘backdoors’ or vulnerabilities in technology products and services and increase tensions rather [than] build cooperation,” the memo said.
All four approaches amount to what most cryptography experts call a “backdoor” because they would require developers to alter their systems by adding a surreptitious mechanism for accessing encrypted content, according to Joseph Lorenzo Hall, chief technologist at the Center for Democracy & Technology.

Law enforcement officials have rejected the “backdoor” terminology. “We aren’t seeking a backdoor approach. We want to use the front door, with clarity and transparency, and with clear guidance provided by law,” FBI chief James B. Comey said at the Brookings Institution in October.
The forced backup also has drawbacks, law enforcement officials said. The user has to be connected to WiFi, and such backups drain battery power more quickly, which the user might notice.
Also, a number of encryption solutions are built by groups of open-source developers, who make the software available for free on the Internet. The open-source nature of the code makes it harder to hide a backdoor. And because the developers are often dispersed among different countries and volunteers who are not working for any company, it is impractical for law enforcement to serve an order on one that’s enforceable on all.

Resulting series of HOT TAKES:
Wow its almost like security is a difficult thing and raises questions of balance about openness, privacy, inviting bad actors, etc. The worlds not black and white!

That approach is a lot better than snark and the idea that privacy above all else! It denies the state the ability to in your words "use the threat of violence to coerce people into doing things"

A principle that all but libertarians embrace by the way when its in accordance with democratic principles.

If there's anything I hate more than people who hate the idea of welfare is these privacy absolutists and their desire to shut off avenues for democratic control. The only people that can go full privacy have be libertarians
No but the rants I read from greenwald and libertrains about the government not having a legitiment right to being able to set up any way to act on certain people breaking the law is anti-democratic. That absolute privacy. That people should about the technological eliminate warrants is undemocratic. The state should be able to serve warrants and technology shouldn't be able to make that impossible because that eventually would lead to a world in which the state can't act. And individuals have a veto over society which is a horrible world IMO. Of course its a dream world for libertarians but it would be horrible for those who are at any disadvantage. And without the states ability to stop bad actors we couldn't rectify this.

And my "state" is democratic, so equate it with "the people"

Should criminals should be able to say no to the state prosecuting them. That's what I'm arguing about. I'm not arguing for any specific proposal but the idea that we shouldn't give up absolute privacy rights for security is absurd and something everybody already agrees to with the idea of a warrant.
Quote from: benjipwns
This article and task force isn't about reading everyone's e-mail. It was about eliminating electronic security altogether.

The reason it would be perceived as that, is that's literally what all the proposals are. Even if the companies "cooperate" it's still destroying electronic security because any backdoor for a third party is a backdoor for all third parties.

That's why it goes on to lament that even if they get all the big corporations on board there's still the dang open source encryption the development of which can't feasibly be stopped.

The latter being why I'm asking if people here are literally are on board with the outlawing of encryption.
I don't know what what your first quote means and of course this has relation with warrants its at the very heart of it. Preventing the state from exercising it legitimate powers of search and seizure.

If you pretend it's only about snooping your fooling your self. It's about the idea that in an increasingly digital world encryption can be used to prevent the state from doing things it cant be stopped from doing in the real world. Like searching papers with a warrant, stopping weapons, illegal economic transactions, etc.

I made the argument about libertarians because they're the only ones that would cheer this. It's the state being stopped by technology which is something they couldn't do with political and democratic power.
Encryption is a scary think to me. I mean I love it for protecting me from people trying to hack me. But I don't like its ability to hid bad actors and criminals from the states reach. I want to be able to have the ability to police people on the web if need be so the peoples through their government can't be governed by people who use technology to evaid laws we've established.

I mean I don't want to ban encryption but I don't want the government to be unable to do its job if a court or the peple says it should(I have a lot of problems with the current system and its practices). So I know why they want backdoors and want to keep it secret. They want the ability to go legit state actions (notwithstanding Benji's objections) while trying to minimise this knowledge to empower bad actors.

I think this is a fine balance as long as we have a democratic power controlling this (questionable!). And attempting to keep it away from bad actors.

There is questions on if this does more harm than good but other solutions like making sure the government never has the ability lean to far on the idea that the state should never have the power to invade privacy of suspected criminals (which warrants allow for) or foreign powers.

I don't know what the solution is but I'd push aganist denying democratic system power from ever having any kind of that power.

And from good ol Jack Remington's hobby horse:
Fucking repeal FOIA, holy shit.

At the very least it should be curtailed extensively. One change I'd make if repealing it entirely were not an option (which it should be) would be to ban nuisance groups from being able to make FOIA requests.

But in all seriousness, FOIA is straight garbage.
It could be a system where if you file a FOIA suit, you have to go before a panel and explain why there's a compelling interest in getting this information. And if the panel decides you're just being a nuisance/troll, you and your group are barred from ever filing another FOIA suit for the rest of time.

And then it turned positive:
spoiler (click to show/hide)

[close]

Kara

« Reply #18247 on: May 25, 2016, 01:15:09 PM »
The state should be able to serve warrants and technology shouldn't be able to make that impossible because that eventually would lead to a world in which the state can't act.

It must be so very hard to believe that the state must exist in perpetuity and that the state can't weather any storm. :heh

FStop7

« Reply #18248 on: May 25, 2016, 03:18:11 PM »
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=204607671

EL mad

wait, Mr. "Calm and resolved from a thousand fights" is pissed off at someone else's bragging? 

:iface

The Ironic thing is neither one of them have the money they are claiming.

It's like two dogs barking and snarling at each other over an imaginary bone. 

king of the internet

• 🚽
« Reply #18249 on: May 25, 2016, 04:20:56 PM »
Wait, why don't they have have real money? Are you idiots running out of material and making shit up or is this an actual thing?  ???

Olivia Wilde Homo

• Proud Kinkshamer
« Reply #18250 on: May 25, 2016, 04:27:56 PM »
Both Evilore and Tabris make good money (I would say low six figures, likely starting with "1") who want to portray themselves as richer than they really are.  Key here is that Tabris is doing it partially as a joke but Evilore is serious...and jealous.
🍆🍆

agrajag

« Reply #18251 on: May 25, 2016, 04:31:54 PM »
I would love to make low six figures

TFW you failed at life  :goty2

Atramental

• 🧘‍♂️
« Reply #18252 on: May 25, 2016, 04:46:01 PM »
It's never too late to change your path, bryhs.

D3RANG3D

• The Bore's Like Bot
« Reply #18253 on: May 25, 2016, 04:46:16 PM »
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1223826

Ghostbusters food fight number...shit I lost count. 

thisismyusername

« Reply #18254 on: May 25, 2016, 04:48:03 PM »
TFW you failed at life  :goty2

brb, killing self. :goty2

agrajag

« Reply #18255 on: May 25, 2016, 04:52:02 PM »
TFW Evilore could employ you  :goty2

helios

« Reply #18256 on: May 25, 2016, 04:53:37 PM »

You don't like seeing Bobby Roberts being smug?

D3RANG3D

• The Bore's Like Bot
« Reply #18257 on: May 25, 2016, 04:55:34 PM »
 :phil

curly

• cultural maoist
« Reply #18258 on: May 25, 2016, 04:56:22 PM »

libertrains
Should criminals should be able to say
I don't know what what your first quote means
 your fooling your self
Encryption is a scary think to me
don't like its ability to hid bad actors
use technology to evaid laws
 peple
lean to far
aganist

I fucking hate this guy

mormapope

• WHADDYA HEAR, WHADDYA SAY
« Reply #18259 on: May 25, 2016, 05:03:56 PM »

The review thread for it will be glorious.

If it end ups with anything above 30%, people will call it a valiant victory because "comedy always gets more opinionated reviews than other genres."

Gaffers will point out negative reviewers that are "sexist" and being blinded by nostalgia.

If the movie makes a lot of money, even though it gets terrible reviews and people hate it: "See, people wanted to see an all female casted Ghostbusters!"

If the movie bombs, "Misogynistic and sexist people have to fucking ruin everything."

Victimizing any scenario to fit any personal view is a status quo for Gaffers.
OH!

Take My Breh Away

« Reply #18260 on: May 25, 2016, 05:04:21 PM »
Next Xbox specs leaked. Around 45% stronger than PS4 Neo though it will be coming out in 2017 instead. Console war Jimmies are in the process of being rustled :rejoice

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?p=204657858#post204657858

helios

« Reply #18261 on: May 25, 2016, 05:07:44 PM »

The review thread for it will be glorious.

If it end ups with anything above 30%, people will call it a valiant victory because "comedy always gets more opinionated reviews than other genres."

Gaffers will point out negative reviewers that are "sexist" and being blinded by nostalgia.

If the movie makes a lot of money, even though it gets terrible reviews and people hate it: "See, people wanted to see an all female casted Ghostbusters!"

If the movie bombs, "Misogynistic and sexist people have to fucking ruin everything."

Victimizing any scenario to fit any personal view is a status quo for Gaffers.

:rejoice

We win either way

meeb

« Reply #18262 on: May 25, 2016, 05:11:45 PM »
The social left is so fucking horrible right now. Look at this fucking shit:

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=204660036&postcount=132

A scene from fucking House is problematic because House tells a female patient the proper course of action, medically speaking. Ignore the fact that helping patients make medical decisions is a doctor's fucking job, or that House is an ass to all of his patients.

Jansen

« Reply #18263 on: May 25, 2016, 05:11:47 PM »
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=204653307
I will never get how some people don't understand it when MP-only games are criticized for having little content, because devs invested only few man-hours into the game

:derp

the follow up

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=204655326

:derp :derp :derp

mormapope

• WHADDYA HEAR, WHADDYA SAY
« Reply #18264 on: May 25, 2016, 05:14:55 PM »
Next Xbox specs leaked. Around 45% stronger than PS4 Neo though it will be coming out in 2017 instead. Console war Jimmies are in the process of being rustled :rejoice

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?p=204657858#post204657858

The main thing that would get me to buy a current gen Sony console would be complete PS3 backwards compatibility (digital), and the ability to play any stuff you own from the PS store (PS1 games, Vita games, PSP games).

Microsoft is doing a great job at backwards comparability, but they still need to add a lot to that library. I know its up to the publisher, but having the entire 360 library playable on the Xbone would be dope.
OH!

Atramental

• 🧘‍♂️
« Reply #18265 on: May 25, 2016, 05:17:42 PM »
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=204653307
I will never get how some people don't understand it when MP-only games are criticized for having little content, because devs invested only few man-hours into the game

:derp

the follow up

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=204655326

:derp :derp :derp
Kinda reminds me of the idiot clients I cross paths with who think large, custom websites take only a week or two to make from scratch.

Kara

« Reply #18266 on: May 25, 2016, 05:19:30 PM »

A scene from fucking House is problematic because House tells a female patient the proper course of action, medically speaking. Ignore the fact that helping patients make medical decisions is a doctor's fucking job, or that House is an ass to all of his patients.

This is one of my favorite episodes.  :-[

meeb

« Reply #18267 on: May 25, 2016, 05:23:42 PM »
I can't even tell anymore if I've somehow become a bit more conservative, or if GAF has just shifted so far left (problematic, gross, toxic) that I only think I've become more conservative by comparison.

stufte

• Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior
« Reply #18268 on: May 25, 2016, 05:32:13 PM »
I can't even tell anymore if I've somehow become a bit more conservative, or if GAF has just shifted so far left (problematic, gross, toxic) that I only think I've become more conservative by comparison.

NeoGAF made me question whether I call myself a Liberal or not. They say such AMAZINGLY deluded things that I don't want to be associated politically with people like that.

TVC15

• Laugh when you can, it’s cheap medicine -LB
« Reply #18269 on: May 25, 2016, 05:33:22 PM »

I think people are getting progressively more PC. Sometimes I feel myself in danger of responding by slipping into more conservative positions, but rather than do that, I'm just kinda letting myself slip into post-leftism and anti-civilizationism.
serge

Sausage

« Reply #18270 on: May 25, 2016, 05:48:35 PM »
I'm voting for Trump because I feel like a conservative shitlord compared to GAF

Atramental

• 🧘‍♂️
« Reply #18271 on: May 25, 2016, 05:48:37 PM »
Nah. GAF just purged or silenced everyone who has more nuanced opinions about things.

I'm still fairly left wing but I can take a goddamn joke/poke fun at bullshit I see on the left.

Self critique is a skill this generation of gaffers seem to be severely lacking in.

edit: Also, as a result, the alt-right is on the rise because it's so goddamn easy to poke holes in this kind of nonsense we see on GAF, Tumblr, and Reddit.

« Last Edit: May 25, 2016, 05:54:36 PM by Pallando »

studyguy

« Reply #18272 on: May 25, 2016, 05:49:16 PM »
I've definitely slipped further to the left, caught myself considering more anal sex with my girl when usually I kept that till I was bored with the relationship and ready to dump the girl/move on. Now it's just my regular Tuesday night. Just a victim of the liberal, homosexual agenda pushing their ideas on me  :doge
pause

stufte

« Reply #18273 on: May 25, 2016, 05:53:29 PM »
I've definitely slipped further to the left, caught myself considering more anal sex with my girl when usually I kept that till I was bored with the relationship and ready to dump the girl/move on. Now it's just my regular Tuesday night. Just a victim of the liberal, homosexual agenda pushing their ideas on me  :doge

If you haven't been pegged by your lady you're a racist gamergater shitlord.

studyguy

« Reply #18274 on: May 25, 2016, 05:54:35 PM »

Wednesday is game night breh
 :fabulous

Speaking of asses, I had these dope ass ghost pepper wings last night and paid for it this afternoon taking a shit. Shit some hot fire.   :-\ Maybe we'll skip the pegging tonight.
pause

Kara

« Reply #18275 on: May 25, 2016, 05:59:13 PM »
Let people who think Nintendo makes good games and Naughty Dog is an atelier influence how you politically identify brehs.

FStop7

« Reply #18276 on: May 25, 2016, 06:22:45 PM »
Wait, why don't they have have real money? Are you idiots running out of material and making shit up or is this an actual thing?  ???

All either of them are doing is flexing other peoples' money.

Actually, I take that back.  Tabris is really the only one doing that.  It sure got to EL though.
« Last Edit: May 25, 2016, 06:30:39 PM by FStop7 »

thisismyusername

« Reply #18277 on: May 25, 2016, 07:02:04 PM »

:gurl As if you haven't been.

thisismyusername

« Reply #18278 on: May 25, 2016, 07:04:24 PM »
Goddamn Bore table errors.

Phoenix Dark

• I got no game it's just some bitches understand my story
« Reply #18279 on: May 25, 2016, 07:05:03 PM »
:hitler

benjipwns

« Reply #18280 on: May 25, 2016, 07:44:38 PM »
I can't believe I'm seeing gator trash posted here, of all places. I guess after Gabe was exposed as a fanatical MRA Trump supporter who trans-bashes and uses his dictatoral powers to force problematic games onto Steam over the wishes of the staff we should have seen his fanboys becoming as gross as their leader.

It's like the hard-right racist gun nut Sanders Cult all over again.

Atramental

• 🧘‍♂️
« Reply #18281 on: May 25, 2016, 07:58:02 PM »
Our counterparts at NeoFÄG are talking about us. :doge

Tasty

« Reply #18282 on: May 25, 2016, 08:03:42 PM »
Man, if only they were actual fägs

zomgee

• We've *all*
« Reply #18283 on: May 25, 2016, 08:21:51 PM »
cuck cuck cuck cuck cuck cuck cuck cuck cuck cuck cuck cuck
rub

Atramental

• 🧘‍♂️
« Reply #18284 on: May 25, 2016, 08:25:38 PM »
Us degenerate cucks are gross and problematic.  :doge

zepblackstar

« Reply #18285 on: May 25, 2016, 08:35:35 PM »
damn evilore is under some pressure cause even a humble brag thread that response was excessive

Let's Cyber

• Banned (duration pending)
« Reply #18286 on: May 25, 2016, 08:44:01 PM »
damn evilore is under some pressure cause even a humble brag thread that response was excessive
We're probably less than 6 months away from a big DONATE button being at the top of every page.

meeb

« Reply #18287 on: May 25, 2016, 09:15:01 PM »
We're probably less than 6 months away from a big DONATE button being at the top of every page.

Will it say DONATE? Or will it use some big word that Evilore looked up in a thesaurus?

agrajag

« Reply #18288 on: May 25, 2016, 09:16:23 PM »
cuck-a-doodle-doo motherfuckers

nudemacusers

« Reply #18289 on: May 25, 2016, 09:17:30 PM »
I miss r/neofeg  :'(
﷽﷽﷽﷽﷽

nudemacusers

« Reply #18290 on: May 25, 2016, 09:17:52 PM »
And that weird final fantasy dude  :doge
﷽﷽﷽﷽﷽

nudemacusers

« Reply #18291 on: May 25, 2016, 09:18:29 PM »
I put those in separate posts so you could like one and not the other and vice versa  :doge
﷽﷽﷽﷽﷽

Kara

« Reply #18292 on: May 25, 2016, 09:22:35 PM »
And that weird final fantasy dude  :doge

Free Creepy Stalker (of his mental health issues).

agrajag

« Reply #18293 on: May 25, 2016, 09:27:19 PM »
Let's bring back those cucks

studyguy

« Reply #18294 on: May 25, 2016, 09:39:08 PM »
#Bore mods <3

Just make sure you get restraining orders on the kid.
pause

thisismyusername

« Reply #18295 on: May 25, 2016, 09:45:56 PM »
Let's bring back those cucks

Make The Bore Cuckold again?

Dennis

« Reply #18296 on: May 25, 2016, 09:56:55 PM »
I wonder what Creepy Stalker and r/neofeg are up to these days.

zomgee

• We've *all*
« Reply #18297 on: May 25, 2016, 10:58:24 PM »
I wonder what Creepy Stalker and r/neofeg are up to these days.

Strangely enough Creepy Stalker mods neofeg on voat.

Small world.

Small, sick, twisted, cuck filled, Trump dominated world.
rub

Mods Help

« Reply #18298 on: May 25, 2016, 11:18:40 PM »

Yes, it's the social left and not one guy one gaf who's completely deluded.

If your exposure to the "social left" is nothing but neogaf, that says more about you and your lack of actual in real life human communication than the "sjws" you bitch about. I bet you've never been to a rally or a protest, but suddenly when neogaffers get too offended by inane shit, it's so totally an indicator of the social left, as you put its, downslide, even though anyone with sense knows that the internet exists within a vacuum and doesn't necessarily relate to actual real world trends. If what you said were true, we'd all be fapping to My Little Pony.

Dumb ass.

Phoenix Dark

• I got no game it's just some bitches understand my story
« Reply #18299 on: May 25, 2016, 11:23:16 PM »

Yes, it's the social left and not one guy one gaf who's completely deluded.

If your exposure to the "social left" is nothing but neogaf, that says more about you and your lack of actual in real life human communication than the "sjws" you bitch about. I bet you've never been to a rally or a protest, but suddenly when neogaffers get too offended by inane shit, it's so totally an indicator of the social left, as you put its, downslide, even though anyone with sense knows that the internet exists within a vacuum and doesn't necessarily relate to actual real world trends. If what you said were true, we'd all be fapping to My Little Pony.

Dumb ass.

whew