Author Topic: Nintendo Switch Thread  (Read 136051 times)

BIONIC-ARRRMMM!! and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Mr. Nobody

• Groovy.
Re: Nintendo Switch Thread
« Reply #120 on: October 20, 2016, 12:09:22 PM »
No way in hell is it $400. They aren't that foolish.

El Babua

« Reply #121 on: October 20, 2016, 12:09:27 PM »
I'll probably get it.

Huff

• stronger ties you have, more power you gain
« Reply #122 on: October 20, 2016, 12:11:21 PM »
This thing is going to be 300+

And crash and burn

Market this thing as console games on the go to young adults? Remember who else tried that? The vita
dur

Momo

• c y b o r e p u n k
« Reply #123 on: October 20, 2016, 12:14:51 PM »
Not interested. I'd buy it and play 1 game and park it for years

CatsCatsCats

« Reply #124 on: October 20, 2016, 12:15:55 PM »
Would maybe bite at $250, even though I'll just wait for the inevitable superior redesign
😽💨

Dufus

• Like Me Baby One More Time
« Reply #125 on: October 20, 2016, 12:16:52 PM »
I'm guessing it's $250

Human Snorenado

• Stay out of Malibu, Lebowski
  • Icon
« Reply #126 on: October 20, 2016, 12:18:20 PM »
Nintendo: Looks like no one likes our shitty tablet console, what to do for the next one?

*crickets*

Nintendo: YES! SHITTY TABLET CONSOLE 2: ELECTRIC BUGALOO!

They're done.
yar

MMaRsu

« Reply #127 on: October 20, 2016, 12:19:10 PM »
rofl.. Garbage machine

Borys

• CAPTAIN OF XBOX DEATH SQUAD
« Reply #128 on: October 20, 2016, 12:19:49 PM »
Lyte, I am saying this is bad because in the very pitch/ first look video they showed a bunch of 360 games and Wii U games (Wii U = 360 when it comes to power).

Why didn't they show PS4/ XB ports? Hell, they got FROM SOFTWARE on the supporters poster, why not show Dark Souls 3 port?

A bunch of 360/ Wii U games + the occasional new Mario is not very good for a hardware reveal.

MMaRsu

« Reply #129 on: October 20, 2016, 12:20:51 PM »
Wonder how RDR2 will look on this

Smart to launch with the biggest game of 2017 on your system

lol not gonna happen

Borys

• CAPTAIN OF XBOX DEATH SQUAD
« Reply #130 on: October 20, 2016, 12:22:26 PM »
This should cost $249 TOPS with 2 bundled games. $199 barebones.

It would fly off the shelves then.

CatsCatsCats

« Reply #131 on: October 20, 2016, 12:24:22 PM »
I mean I do really like the ability to play home games on the go, but I'd rather just be able to stream my Xbox to my phone and have a controller in my desk drawer :doge
😽💨

nachobro

• Live Más
« Reply #132 on: October 20, 2016, 12:32:59 PM »
I thought Wii U launched at $299 and is $250 now?  My memory is foggy when it comes to Nintendo products since I don't pay much attention.

I think $250 is possible if they want this thing to take off.  $300 is probably expected.  At $400 I'd expect this to bomb hard.
IIRC Wii U was 350 for 32gb and 300 for 8gb, its 250 now.

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #133 on: October 20, 2016, 12:33:09 PM »
Lyte, I am saying this is bad because in the very pitch/ first look video they showed a bunch of 360 games and Wii U games (Wii U = 360 when it comes to power).

Why didn't they show PS4/ XB ports? Hell, they got FROM SOFTWARE on the supporters poster, why not show Dark Souls 3 port?

A bunch of 360/ Wii U games + the occasional new Mario is not very good for a hardware reveal.

LOL.  What did you expect from this?  Show me another portable game console with games with that level of detail running at high framerates.
ど助平

Joe Molotov

• I'm much more humble than you would understand.
  • Administrator
« Reply #134 on: October 20, 2016, 12:33:50 PM »
Nintendo Vita 2
©@©™

Premium Lager

• Wladimir Putin ja cie prosze, don't push that button, pazalsta Wladimir
« Reply #135 on: October 20, 2016, 12:34:37 PM »

LOL.  What did you expect from this?  Show me another portable game console with games with that level of detail running at high framerates.

thats what vita owners said

archie4208

« Reply #136 on: October 20, 2016, 12:48:51 PM »

Purple Filth

• This cosmic dance of bursting decadence and withheld permissions twists all our arms collectively, but if sweetness can win—and it can—then I'll still be here tomorrow to high-five you yesterday, my friend. Peace
« Reply #137 on: October 20, 2016, 12:49:11 PM »
i like how it looks but the portable aspect looks iffy since its huge and those controllers seem small when they are detached.

Interested in the price as i could see this being 400 or maybe they go crazy and be 350.

Premium Lager

« Reply #138 on: October 20, 2016, 12:59:52 PM »
so apparently this is a tegra chip with 256 cuda cores...

CatsCatsCats

« Reply #139 on: October 20, 2016, 01:03:38 PM »
lol it's really funny to me how meaningless that sentence is to me. Plz contextualize
😽💨

Sho Nuff

• o/~ TOUCH ME AND I'LL BREAK YOUR FACE o/~
« Reply #140 on: October 20, 2016, 01:10:20 PM »
This reminds me of when I was playing emulated Policenauts on my Samsung Galaxy Tab S with a 360 controller during my last Japan flight, except with a closed ecosystem

Where do I sign up

(Actually new 3D Mario yessss)

Premium Lager

« Reply #141 on: October 20, 2016, 01:23:30 PM »
lol it's really funny to me how meaningless that sentence is to me. Plz contextualize

if PS4pro is 100 power then
-Scorpio 150
-PS4 50
-Switch 25

edit: basicly forget about current gen ports, let alone ps4pro/scorpio stuff, guess maaaybe sub xbone stuff?
« Last Edit: October 20, 2016, 01:32:56 PM by Premium Lager »

213372bu

• My Phriend
« Reply #142 on: October 20, 2016, 01:29:25 PM »
Three hundo at launch. Choose between joy or pro + joy bundle. Bundle with party games meant for both full controller support and for breakout controller. Will gain more traction with mainstream as opposed to Wii U. Battery will be shit, angering people who wanted portable successor will be mad. Publishers posting shit like puzzles and dragons and mobile/portable games will be mad. Nintendo will have to make new revision over a year in. Pokemon Switch will have more social features. EO and P5Q to follow in announcements around launch. Monster Hunter is going to be pretty dope, no loading screens between regions of maps.

Nostradamus has spoken.

Positive Touch

• Woo Papa
« Reply #143 on: October 20, 2016, 01:29:53 PM »
so did they show any type of casual game for this or are they just giving up that route? they clearly won't be able to have ports of current games on it either, so exactly what type of games are they targeting with this?
pcp

TakingBackSunday

• Banana Grabber
« Reply #144 on: October 20, 2016, 01:33:21 PM »
The most important thing to me about this isn't the controller or hardware.  It's the fact that Nintendo is focusing all dev resources to it instead of two separate pillars.  That at the very least means more quality Nintendo games without having to buy two systems.

You put he NEXT Pokémon on this along with Monster Hunter and Mario Kart and I think you have a system that more people want to buy.
püp

toku

• ❤❤❤
« Reply #145 on: October 20, 2016, 01:34:42 PM »

Tasty Meat

« Reply #146 on: October 20, 2016, 01:39:44 PM »
Holy shit borys is back :rejoice

213372bu

• My Phriend
« Reply #147 on: October 20, 2016, 01:41:49 PM »
(Image removed from quote.)
I was able to read this now knowing the kana :uguu

Had to search the second word because it was slang for switch or something though

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #148 on: October 20, 2016, 01:43:31 PM »
This reminds me of when I was playing emulated Policenauts on my Samsung Galaxy Tab S with a 360 controller during my last Japan flight, except with a closed ecosystem

Off-topic, but have you seen the GPD-Win yet?  3DS XL-sized PC running Windows 10.  Emulators run great and it can run even some recent PC games pretty decently.  Only $330.  Ordered one from Geekbuying.  Someone even got Doom 2016 running at 20-30 FPS on it.  :lol

Here it is running Fallout 4:

thats what vita owners said

Well, details are yet to be revealed, but Nintendo generally hasn't been stupid enough to use their own overpriced storage solutions and has opted for SD Cards and the like, and typically prices their products lower than Sony.  Plus it's getting big-name titles like Zelda and Mario out of the gate.  Not stripped-down gimmicky ports...the actual full-on 'console' games.

But while I'm impressed with this teaser...it's just that- a teaser.  Need more info.
« Last Edit: October 20, 2016, 01:48:56 PM by bork pls »
ど助平

TakingBackSunday

• Banana Grabber
« Reply #149 on: October 20, 2016, 01:48:18 PM »
Should be more info next week for he investors meeting
püp

Sho Nuff

• o/~ TOUCH ME AND I'LL BREAK YOUR FACE o/~
« Reply #150 on: October 20, 2016, 01:52:30 PM »
Off-topic, but have you seen the GPD-Win yet?  3DS XL-sized PC running Windows 10.  Emulators run great and it can run even some recent PC games pretty decently.  Only $330.  Ordered one from Geekbuying.  Someone even got Doom 2016 running at 20-30 FPS on it.  :lol

oh fuck I'll take one of those

Huff

« Reply #151 on: October 20, 2016, 01:56:04 PM »

Well, details are yet to be revealed, but Nintendo generally hasn't been stupid enough to use their own overpriced storage solutions and has opted for SD Cards and the like, and typically prices their products lower than Sony.  Plus it's getting big-name titles like Zelda and Mario out of the gate.  Not stripped-down gimmicky ports...the actual full-on 'console' games.

Vita got console games. No one cared. Memory card prices dont matter.  No one actually wants to take a giant console on the go to play games.
dur

tiesto

• ルカルカ★ナイトフィーバー
« Reply #152 on: October 20, 2016, 01:59:50 PM »
If this has the followup to the 3DS lineup, with some Vita :uguu stragglers, and the few big-budget Nintendo console games that I liked on WiiU, I'll be thrilled.
HOUSE

Great Rumbler

• Dab on the sinners
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #153 on: October 20, 2016, 02:19:40 PM »
Just show me the next Monolithsoft game.
dog

Beezy

« Reply #154 on: October 20, 2016, 02:19:43 PM »
The tiny detachable controllers are a non-issue. Honestly, how often will you actually remove them to play? You'll be playing this like any other handheld or using the pro controller at home.

TakingBackSunday

• Banana Grabber
« Reply #155 on: October 20, 2016, 02:27:22 PM »
I demand GoldenEye on this thing for local multiplayer
püp

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #156 on: October 20, 2016, 02:32:58 PM »
Vita got console games. No one cared.

In the beginning it was a lot of stripped-down ports and nothing big from Sony themselves.  It took a couple of years before Killzone Mercenary showed up.

Memory card prices dont matter.

Do you not remember the Vita's proprietary memory card pricing?  :doge

No one actually wants to take a giant console on the go to play games.

Good thing this isn't a giant console, then.  But the uphill battle for Nintendo is trying to get the people carrying around tablets to put those down in favor of the Switch.  I don't see that happening.
ど助平

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #157 on: October 20, 2016, 02:33:26 PM »
The tiny detachable controllers are a non-issue. Honestly, how often will you actually remove them to play? You'll be playing this like any other handheld or using the pro controller at home.

Yeah, pretty much seems to be more a novelty thing.  Good for kids though.  Like if you went on a trip, you could have two kids playing on one system instead of needing to buy them their own.
ど助平

Huff

« Reply #158 on: October 20, 2016, 02:40:46 PM »
Vita got "big named" shit at launch and over the next year. Uncharted, assassins, whatev. Then they stopped because it didn't move hardware and no one actually wanted them.

It was a machine without an audience. Same for the Wii U, and the switch most likely

dur

Huff

« Reply #159 on: October 20, 2016, 02:41:10 PM »
Bringing up the memory card "controversy"? Lol like small time nerd online shit carries over to mass marketing purchasing decisions
dur

HyperZoneWasAwesome

• HastilyChosenUsername
« Reply #160 on: October 20, 2016, 02:48:23 PM »
I wasn't expecting Nintendo to just give up on dual screen gaming, for some reason I thought the home-style play would essentially function like a Wii U gamepad. Obviously not the case.

And they're also seemingly straight up ditching touchscreens. Golly, that's a bit surprising to me too.

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #161 on: October 20, 2016, 02:56:53 PM »
Vita got "big named" shit at launch and over the next year. Uncharted, assassins, whatev. Then they stopped because it didn't move hardware and no one actually wanted them.

This is exactly what I was talking about earlier- it got a stripped-down, gimmicky version of Uncharted made by Sony Bend (that also had major control issues) and Ass Crud Liberation was another stripped-down "portable" game that had performance issues.

The Switch is not doing this.

Bringing up the memory card "controversy"? Lol like small time nerd online shit carries over to mass marketing purchasing decisions

:huh

The high memory card prices added even more cost to the already pricier Vita at the time.
ど助平

TakingBackSunday

• Banana Grabber
« Reply #162 on: October 20, 2016, 02:57:34 PM »
that's still not been confirmed or denied regarding touch screens
püp

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #163 on: October 20, 2016, 02:58:22 PM »
And they're also seemingly straight up ditching touchscreens. Golly, that's a bit surprising to me too.

We don't know that yet.  What is clear is that the games are not using touch functionality, which makes sense since you can dock the system.

Although I guess if they went with a non-touch screen, the cost would be cheaper.  But would that make it a lot cheaper?
ど助平

TakingBackSunday

• Banana Grabber
« Reply #164 on: October 20, 2016, 02:59:26 PM »

This is exactly what I was talking about earlier- it got a stripped-down, gimmicky version of Uncharted made by Sony Bend (that also had major control issues) and Ass Crud Liberation was another stripped-down "portable" game.

The Switch is not doing this.

Bingo.  This is Nintendo's next platform.  It's getting the mainline games in their series'.  It will get legitimate ports of older 3rd party games. 
püp

Let's Cyber

• Banned (duration pending)
« Reply #165 on: October 20, 2016, 03:03:22 PM »
The most important thing to me about this isn't the controller or hardware.  It's the fact that Nintendo is focusing all dev resources to it instead of two separate pillars.  That at the very least means more quality Nintendo games without having to buy two systems.

You put he NEXT Pokémon on this along with Monster Hunter and Mario Kart and I think you have a system that more people want to buy.
yup

Plus, you know, motherfucking ZELDA at launch.  This is a good direction for Nintendo.  I even like the name

:miyamoto

Premium Lager

« Reply #166 on: October 20, 2016, 03:03:31 PM »
switch is not going to get any third party games though outside of token last gen ports at launch so...

Great Rumbler

• Dab on the sinners
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #167 on: October 20, 2016, 03:04:49 PM »
switch is not going to get any third party games though outside of token last gen ports at launch so...

So...just like every other Nintendo system after the SNES?
dog

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #168 on: October 20, 2016, 03:05:01 PM »

:cmonson

Not that the Nintendo hate isn't well-deserved, but it's too early to be assuming shit like th--

So...just like every other Nintendo system after the SNES?

:neogaf :dead
ど助平

Premium Lager

« Reply #169 on: October 20, 2016, 03:06:31 PM »
remember the dream team for n64?

:lol

Syph

« Reply #170 on: October 20, 2016, 03:08:31 PM »
this looks kinda cool
3rd party support (dont kid yourself with that image) will probably doom it, but it might still be worth a purchase
if i lived with a roommate and not in a bachelor apartment id be more interested since i could split the cost lol
but it definitely is interesting
XO

TakingBackSunday

• Banana Grabber
« Reply #171 on: October 20, 2016, 03:17:41 PM »
Most adults I know own multiple gaming consoles.  Let's stop pretending that a console is going to be the one-all be-all platform a person owns unless you're a teenager.

This addresses an itch that I think most gamers who don't take this shit super seriously will want to scratch – third party games or not.
püp

Huff

« Reply #172 on: October 20, 2016, 03:19:27 PM »
Like the wiiu?
dur

TakingBackSunday

• Banana Grabber
« Reply #173 on: October 20, 2016, 03:25:13 PM »
Like the wiiu?

No?  The only thing that the Wii U had going for it was Nintendo's rare title releases.  The controller itself was cool but made no sense if you could only use it within 5 ft of your own TV.

This is a fully portable home console with controls that can be either traditional or used ala the Wii remote.  I think that's a much more interesting buy than a tethered tablet controller.
püp

benjipwns

• I suggest you educate yourself on this matter.
« Reply #174 on: October 20, 2016, 03:36:21 PM »
the video got more increasingly offensive in music and people doing things as the actual console got mildly more attractive

HurricaneForceGaming10 minutes ago
This will be very useful when I'm in the middle of a Splatoon match and I need to take a dump
villain16 minutes ago
After analyzing this video for a full minute and thirty-three seconds, I've concluded that this thing has infinite battery life.
salad

Trent Dole

• the sharpest tool in the shed
« Reply #175 on: October 20, 2016, 03:39:29 PM »
That screen is going to get so scratched up. The multiplayer via multiple machines is a cool/smart thing. $300 for the full kit or fuck the hell off. Proc ontroller separately for $50 to 60 is ..acceptable but will still get an eyeroll if you don't put one in the box.
Hi

TakingBackSunday

• Banana Grabber
« Reply #176 on: October 20, 2016, 03:41:17 PM »
the gaf thread on this is delicious

so many people complaining that the console isn't a carbon copy of the PS4 and Xbox One
püp

TakingBackSunday

• Banana Grabber
« Reply #177 on: October 20, 2016, 03:43:20 PM »
Laura Kate Dale
Laura Kate Dale‏ @LaurakBuzz

I believe the Switch supports swappable new controller sides. Suspect they're not mentioning yet to keep messaging clear.
Oct 20, 2016, 10:54 AM

This ^ is smart.  Make bank off of accessories and sell NES or SNES stylized Joy-Cons for nostalgia fetishists
püp

Trent Dole

• the sharpest tool in the shed
« Reply #178 on: October 20, 2016, 03:46:40 PM »

so many people complaining that the console isn't a carbon copy of the PS4 and Xbox One
By literally every indication ever it was never going to do that, also going by their last two actual home consoles. Gaf is so fucking distinguished mentally-challenged and worthless.
Hi

TakingBackSunday

• Banana Grabber
« Reply #179 on: October 20, 2016, 03:50:05 PM »

By literally every indication ever it was never going to do that, also going by their last two actual home consoles. Gaf is so fucking distinguished mentally-challenged and worthless.

Why would people want this in the first place?  Nintendo titles are attractive for a lot of people but not enough to sway CoD or FIFA players from their dedication to the service of their choice (Live or PSN).  We all know even if Nintendo offered an amazingly powerful system, they'd royally fuck up networking, online, and the OS.

Nintendo is strong at creating word-of-mouth buzz even if the gimmick isn't a lasting one. I would rather they focus on creating interesting shit than sinking money into a powerhouse that they know wouldn't sell anything.
püp