Author Topic: Nintendo Switch Thread  (Read 944062 times)

Skullfuckers Anonymous

• Will hunt bullies for fruit baskets. PM for details.
Re: Nintendo Switch Thread
« Reply #12120 on: January 01, 2023, 01:19:19 PM »
Even the FTC is telling Nintendo to release Switch 2 already. If they wait till 24, they might not even be able to release it in the US.

https://twitter.com/TweakTown/status/1608729485641388033

Tasty

« Reply #12121 on: January 01, 2023, 01:40:52 PM »
It's blue oceans all the way down, baby. :miyamoto

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #12122 on: January 01, 2023, 01:47:59 PM »
So all Microsoft has to do is drop the Xbox Series X so they end up in their own Digital Only console tier. Then accuse Sony of having a monopoly in the high performance market and demand they split up?
🤴

james

• Donate to the JAMES FUND
« Reply #12123 on: January 01, 2023, 05:10:19 PM »
Nintex you promised me an updated switch last September
:O

Pissy F Benny

• Is down with the sickness
« Reply #12124 on: January 01, 2023, 05:14:13 PM »
It's called the steam deck :shh
(ice)

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #12125 on: January 06, 2023, 12:19:27 PM »
Fire Emblem Engage looks good in previews  :whoo

The game is more a traditional Fire Emblem like Awakening, less a high school dating sim like Three Houses.

Was waiting for previews, just pre-ordered the Divine Edition.

2023 starts with a New Fire Emblem :rejoice
« Last Edit: January 06, 2023, 12:37:15 PM by Nintex »
🤴

Beezy

« Reply #12126 on: January 06, 2023, 03:35:05 PM »
https://twitter.com/Wario64/status/1611431051074899968

Just in case anyone in the US was looking for the Divine Edition.

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #12127 on: January 07, 2023, 12:36:28 PM »
https://www.creativebloq.com/news/switch-pro-2024

And here's your yearly Switch Pro rumor!
ど助平

Potato

• Senior's Member
« Reply #12128 on: January 07, 2023, 05:41:25 PM »
https://www.creativebloq.com/news/switch-pro-2024

And here's your yearly Switch Pro rumor!
All the best video game hardware leaks come from *checks notes* graphic design and visual arts blogs

:birb
Spud

Pissy F Benny

« Reply #12129 on: January 07, 2023, 05:57:20 PM »
Time for the fortnightly Nintex Switch Pro DEBOONK :hyper
(ice)

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #12130 on: January 07, 2023, 07:38:47 PM »
Imagine that folks pay for this kind of analysis

That said, with the sequel to Zelda: Breath of the Wild arriving this year, Harding-Rolls still expects the Switch to sell strongly even in this, its 6th year.
🤴

Tasty

« Reply #12131 on: January 07, 2023, 11:57:59 PM »
About as good as benji-sales tbh

Coax

« Reply #12132 on: January 08, 2023, 12:36:24 AM »
Imagine that folks pay for this kind of analysis

That said, with the sequel to Zelda: Breath of the Wild arriving this year, Harding-Rolls still expects the Switch to sell strongly even in this, its 6th year.

Indeed. Where's Pachter's enlightened commentary on the situation.

HardcoreRetro

• Punk Mushi no Onna
« Reply #12133 on: January 08, 2023, 04:18:40 AM »
Man, I love Pachter.

Back on the gametrailers forums we used to piss him off so much he'd get into slap fights on the forum. Coming in to brag about his 5000 dollar pc and his new Porsche. Amazingly thin skin.

Tasty

« Reply #12134 on: January 08, 2023, 11:56:28 AM »
He had even thinner skin on GAF IIRC.

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #12135 on: January 13, 2023, 04:32:23 PM »

🤴

Potato

• Senior's Member
« Reply #12136 on: January 13, 2023, 04:58:42 PM »
Breath of the Wild was pretty damn good, hey?
Spud

Himu

« Reply #12137 on: January 13, 2023, 07:06:07 PM »
Someone please help me with Botw. Haven't played since 2019, don't remember shit and in middle of a save file. Taken out two main dungeons. Fought some moblins and struggles against them. Forgot how legit the game was.
IYKYK

Tasty

« Reply #12138 on: January 13, 2023, 09:59:47 PM »

(Image removed from quote.)

I didn't think any Zelda media would rival the hype in that E3 2005 trailer for Twilight Princess, but here we are. I still rewatch this occasionally.

I've beaten the four dungeons but lost interest in the main one. And it's hard to go back to these open world games. I plan on killing Ganon... Sometime before the sequel comes out.

Tuckers Law

« Reply #12139 on: January 14, 2023, 12:55:29 AM »
Someone please help me with Botw. Haven't played since 2019, don't remember shit and in middle of a save file. Taken out two main dungeons. Fought some moblins and struggles against them. Forgot how legit the game was.

Max stamina first. Learn Lynel attack patterns and use flurry attacks to farm them for top-tier weapons.  Cook/craft recipes during every blood moon.

Have fun. :)

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #12140 on: January 14, 2023, 06:55:49 PM »

Max stamina first. Learn Lynel attack patterns and use flurry attacks to farm them for top-tier weapons.  Cook/craft recipes during every blood moon.

Have fun. :)
I would advice against farming Lynels because the game has a hidden XP tracker. If you kill certain enemies stronger enemy types will appear quicker.

My advice would be to get a horse with good stats, find Korok seeds to quickly increase your inventory (especially for weapons so 'breaking' them becomes less of an issue).
Also get the Master Sword if you haven't already. Doing that after 2 Divine Beasts sounds about right. Make sure to upgrade your armors at the fairy fountains too.
🤴

Svejk

« Reply #12141 on: January 14, 2023, 08:03:37 PM »
Farm as many hardy durians as you can (tons in the beach side village, forgot the name), and cook 5 at once.  Best health meal you can find or make.  Gives you like 25 total hearts no matter how many you actually have.

Himu

« Reply #12142 on: January 14, 2023, 10:58:19 PM »
I don't know where the Master Sword even is lmao
IYKYK

Himu

« Reply #12143 on: January 14, 2023, 11:08:18 PM »

(Image removed from quote.)

I didn't think any Zelda media would rival the hype in that E3 2005 trailer for Twilight Princess, but here we are. I still rewatch this occasionally.

I've beaten the four dungeons but lost interest in the main one. And it's hard to go back to these open world games. I plan on killing Ganon... Sometime before the sequel comes out.

Bro I snuck into Hyrule Castle and it might be one of the best dungeons and experiences in a Zelda game. The game is cutthroat. It's actually where my save file was when I loaded it back up :lol
IYKYK

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #12144 on: January 15, 2023, 07:59:10 AM »
The crazy thing about BOTW that no one will have the same experience when playing it for the first time.
I do think the placement of roads/enemies and quests does make it likely that you start out with the Divine Beast Vah Ruta in the Zora domain but I've also seen people argue that the Rito Beast is the first as that is the easiest and Vah Ruta is actually the last one.

Can't wait for Tears of the Kingdom. 
🤴

Pissy F Benny

« Reply #12145 on: January 15, 2023, 08:20:17 AM »
I did the bird one first :trumps
(ice)

Svejk

« Reply #12146 on: January 15, 2023, 01:32:05 PM »
Camel for me  :trumps

Yeah, the realization that TOTK is supposedly only 4 months away is kindling some hype for sure.  Really looking forward to it.  Wonder what the chances are of it getting pushed again.
spoiler (click to show/hide)
My guess is about 50/50 :doge
[close]
« Last Edit: January 15, 2023, 01:38:27 PM by Svejk »

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #12147 on: January 15, 2023, 02:05:15 PM »
Camel for me  :trumps

Yeah, the realization that TOTK is supposedly only 4 months away is kindling some hype for sure.  Really looking forward to it.  Wonder what the chances are of it getting pushed again.
My guess is about 50/50 :doge
[close]
The game is already done and rated by the ESRB/PEGI etc. .  :hyper

It will release unless it's an Advance Wars 1+2 situation.
If Putin pulls some shit like nuking the United Kingdom that stops this game from coming out I will personally go to Russia to murder him.
🤴

Himu

« Reply #12148 on: January 15, 2023, 05:36:04 PM »
The crazy thing about BOTW that no one will have the same experience when playing it for the first time.
I do think the placement of roads/enemies and quests does make it likely that you start out with the Divine Beast Vah Ruta in the Zora domain but I've also seen people argue that the Rito Beast is the first as that is the easiest and Vah Ruta is actually the last one.

Can't wait for Tears of the Kingdom.

I haven't even done or been to the Zora yet.
IYKYK

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #12149 on: January 16, 2023, 03:06:35 PM »
The upcoming Kirby remake is quite the glow up

🤴

Tuckers Law

« Reply #12150 on: January 16, 2023, 03:40:11 PM »
That looks delightful

:checkit

paprikastaude

« Reply #12151 on: January 16, 2023, 04:38:34 PM »
Too bad they chose a painfully mid platformer to remaster. Even as a Wii defender this couldn't hold my attention back then.

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #12152 on: January 20, 2023, 08:02:07 AM »
Tried out Fire Emblem Engage last night.  I've never played one of these games before apart from the Warriors spin-off, so can't comment on how good it is compared to the previous games.

The story is kind of a Lord Of The Rings and JoJo's Bizarre Adventure fusion/knock-off, except there's 12 rings instead of one.  Each ring contains an Emblem Spirit of characters from previous games and the ring can summon them to pop up like stands from Jojo's to help attack.  You can also do a kind of fusion thing where you power-up for a limited amount of time. 

The game play seemed fine (have read it's a bit too straight-forward and easy compared to previous games) and the music is good, although the intro song which initially plays in English was so bad that I immediately skipped it and turned the voice to Japanese. I did the first couple of chapters on normal difficulty and it definitely seemed way too easy, but that's also just the beginning/tutorial stuff.

The game's graphics are all over the place image quality wise.  It appears to be using more detailed models depending on what's going on, plus video for some (all?) cut scenes.  Sometimes you'll get a full 3D environment with noticeably-jaggy character models.  Other times it will be a static image of a background and the 3D models will look noticeably sharper and cleaner.  And then other times it will just play a movie and look much better than that.  In-game looks fine albeit with aliasing.  I only tried it docked with the mClassic and the latter helps with the jaggies.  It looked good overall but it's just kinda funny how often the resolution and image/model quality changes from scene to scene.

The emblem ring thing would make for a great musou mechanic.  Hope they make another Warriors game with it!
:itagaki
ど助平

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #12153 on: January 25, 2023, 12:35:45 PM »

I'll probably go for the GamePass version myself.
🤴

Pissy F Benny

« Reply #12154 on: January 25, 2023, 12:44:05 PM »
wheres the EGS version :gurl
(ice)

Pissy F Benny

« Reply #12155 on: January 25, 2023, 12:48:22 PM »
wait the xbox version doesn't have online multiplayer, but the switch does? what the fuck :dead
(ice)

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #12156 on: January 25, 2023, 12:50:35 PM »
wait the xbox version doesn't have online multiplayer, but the switch does? what the fuck :dead
The Switch has "online" multiplayer which is basically N64 split screen with an emulated peer to peer connection.
They used the same trick for Mario Kart 64 and a few other N64 games.
🤴

Pissy F Benny

« Reply #12157 on: January 25, 2023, 12:52:26 PM »
Surely Microsoft could figure out something equally high tech seeing as they're not actually shipping any games :doge
(ice)

james

« Reply #12158 on: January 25, 2023, 08:05:15 PM »

Nintendoes what Microwont

demi

• cooler than willco
  • Administrator
« Reply #12159 on: January 26, 2023, 12:40:23 AM »
Surely Microsoft could figure out something equally high tech seeing as they're not actually shipping any games :doge

They did - they remade the game on XBLA. Nintendo is the reason why all of this is happening this way
fat

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #12160 on: February 01, 2023, 02:37:22 PM »
Back in the day the rumor was that Iwata himself stepped in and made sure GoldenEye on the Virtual Console and XBLA didn't happen.
The man always seemed to have some kind of personal beef with Rare. He rarely acknowledged them in any of the Iwata Asks interviews.

Nintendo still has its quirks but you can tell they have changed post Iwata and are less driven by a single visionary or personality.
🤴

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #12161 on: February 01, 2023, 03:13:13 PM »
🤴

Tasty

« Reply #12162 on: February 01, 2023, 04:48:54 PM »
Back in the day the rumor was that Iwata himself stepped in and made sure GoldenEye on the Virtual Console and XBLA didn't happen.
The man always seemed to have some kind of personal beef with Rare. He rarely acknowledged them in any of the Iwata Asks interviews.

You're always peddling this fanfic BS :dead

BIONIC

• Virgo. Live Music. The Office. Tacos. Fur mom. True crime junkie. INTJ.
« Reply #12163 on: February 01, 2023, 05:17:25 PM »
Nintex is a vERAfied insider :ufup
Margs

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #12164 on: February 01, 2023, 06:28:32 PM »

You're always peddling this fanfic BS :dead

https://arstechnica.com/gaming/2021/02/ex-rare-devs-open-up-about-the-canceled-goldeneye-007-remake-for-xbox-360/
"When it was put to Nintendo, everyone there approved it," Bury says. "Except they didn't check with the one guy who mattered."
The Nintendo executive who spiked the project was not Yamauchi, due to his no longer officially working at Nintendo, but rather some other Nintendo executive, whose name was left a mystery to the Rare development team. "Mark corrected me on that as it wasn’t actually him since he had left, but someone else high up,"

https://www.slashgear.com/rumor-saturo-iwata-pulled-the-plug-on-goldeneye-for-xbla-2-2910521
According to an article in the latest Xbox 360 World magazine, Saturo Iwata of Nintendo was the one that pulled the plug on the project. What's strange is that even Reggie Fils-Aime was on board with the release. Apparently Iwata flat refused to allow a Nintendo title to be released on another platform.

🤴

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
🤴

Svejk

« Reply #12166 on: February 07, 2023, 09:44:29 AM »
 :skinner So are they just going to shoehorn TOTK into this one and not have a Direct of it's own?  Guess they could, being 40 minutes.  Maybe get just get a story trailer and/or some good 5 minutes worth of gameplay. 

At the same time, I don't want to see too much of it and rather would go in more blind, tbph.

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #12167 on: February 07, 2023, 10:27:34 AM »
The Legend of Zelda: Tears of the Kingdom is releasing May 12th exclusively on Nintendo Switch along with the The Legend of Zelda: Tears of the Kingdom Special Edition OLED Switch Model.
We know you can't wait to play it, so let's switch over to Mr. Aonuma for the latest information about this exciting new game!

"We spend many days thinking about how we could make the title screen fit with the theme of the game"

*long awkward pause*

"As you can see the title screen is quite emotional and there is a lot going on"

*long awkward pause*

"We hope players will enjoy this game once they get their hands on it! Thank you!"

Now for some Nintendo Direct Headlines

"Journey to a remote planet somewhere in the cosmos..."
Dooo Dooo deee doo doo

"My Alien Farm a new roguelite farming RPG from SEGA launches this fall on Nintendo Switch"
[close]

"Do you hear the howling of the Winds of the Past? A Legendary remake of a Legendary franchise returns on Nintendo Switch"
Dooo Dooo deee doo doo

"That's right Super Nintendo fans! Harvest Moon Legends: Farmers of the Past launches this summer exclusively on Nintendo Switch!"
[close]

"Celebrate the 35th anniversary of Square Enix most iconic franchise with an all new Final Fantasy for Nintendo Switch!"
Dooo Dooo deee doo doo

"The Legendary RPG developer Square Enix has combined the RPG gameplay we all know and love with innovative new crafting and farming in Final Fantasy: Chocobo Farmhouse, coming exclusively to Nintendo Switch this winter!"
[close]

"These long awaited GameCube classics are finally here!"
Dooo Dooo deee doo doo

"That's right Mario Kart fans! The new DLC wave for Mario Kart 8 includes fan favorite tracks from Mario Kart: Double Dash!! such as Daisy Cruiser and Luigi Circuit!"
[close]

"After a Tropical Freeze comes a Summer Swing!"
Dooo Dooo deee doo doo

"The long awaited Donkey Konga series is making its debut on Nintendo Switch with Donkey Konga 1+2 Summer Swing! The controls have been remapped to work perfectly in handheld mode or use the Nintendo Switch Joy Con to drum along in the unique Air Drum mode!"
[close]

*guitar riff*
"That's right Nintendo fans! F-Zero is BACK! F-ZERO BOOST! is in development now. We are working together with Bandai Namco to create the first new F-Zero game in over a decade.
We plan to make F-ZERO BOOST the best F-ZERO game yet. We hope you are as excited as we are. We're currently aiming at a 2025 release. So stay tuned for more F-ZERO BOOST in the future!"

That's not all we have for you to today. To close off this 40 minute MEGA Direct we have invited Mr. Sakurai to play 10 minutes of Kirby: Return to Dreamland Deluxe. But before we start Mr. Sakurai has something to share...

"Hello everyone, many of you have watched my Mr. Sakurai creates Games YouTube channel. I want to thank all my viewers for their interest. Recently we discussed the topic of Kirby Air Ride and the unique 1-button control scheme. Here's a short clip from the episode."

"I'm proud to announce that Sora Ltd. is once again teaming up with Nintendo for a smaller project. In addition to Kirby: Return to Dreamland Deluxe, Kirby fans can look forward to Kirby Air Ride! That's right, we're bringing this GameCube classic in its original form to Nintendo Switch this fall for everyone to enjoy. Now without further ado let's take an in depth look at Kirby: Return to Dreamland Deluxe!"
🤴

Joe Molotov

• I'm much more humble than you would understand.
  • Administrator
« Reply #12169 on: February 07, 2023, 11:17:02 AM »
Rejoice, Nintendo fans! Nintendo is not legally liable for Joycons being shit!
©@©™

Pissy F Benny

« Reply #12170 on: February 07, 2023, 11:25:22 AM »
:rejoice :rejoice :rejoice :rejoice :rejoice :rejoice :rejoice :rejoice
(ice)

Svejk

« Reply #12171 on: February 07, 2023, 11:25:37 AM »
Rejoice, Nintendo fans! Nintendo is not legally liable for Joycons being shit!
"It's not the controller, it's the user.  Please understand." :miyamoto

Pissy F Benny

« Reply #12172 on: February 07, 2023, 11:36:18 AM »
Can't it be fixed by putting a bit of card under where the sticks go too?
(ice)

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #12173 on: February 07, 2023, 02:07:53 PM »
Because Nintendo's EULA requires a person to be at least 18 years old to sign it, the mothers argued, the children could not have agreed to it and should be able to pursue their case  [...]

the parents who purchased the console were the true owners and that they had failed to assign ownership to the children

Bad parents get what they deserve
🤴

james

« Reply #12174 on: February 07, 2023, 02:51:20 PM »
https://twitter.com/NintendoAmerica/status/1622958367374458882

:hyper :hyper :hyper :hyper :hyper :hyper :hyper :hyper :hyper

NINTENDO YOU STUPID FUCKS I NEED MORE ADVANCE NOTICE TO CLEAR MY CALENDAR FUUUUUUU

james

« Reply #12175 on: February 07, 2023, 02:52:44 PM »
The Legend of Zelda: Tears of the Kingdom is releasing May 12th exclusively on Nintendo Switch along with the The Legend of Zelda: Tears of the Kingdom Special Edition OLED Switch Model.
We know you can't wait to play it, so let's switch over to Mr. Aonuma for the latest information about this exciting new game!

"We spend many days thinking about how we could make the title screen fit with the theme of the game"

*long awkward pause*

"As you can see the title screen is quite emotional and there is a lot going on"

*long awkward pause*

"We hope players will enjoy this game once they get their hands on it! Thank you!"

Now for some Nintendo Direct Headlines

"Journey to a remote planet somewhere in the cosmos..."
Dooo Dooo deee doo doo

"My Alien Farm a new roguelite farming RPG from SEGA launches this fall on Nintendo Switch"
[close]

"Do you hear the howling of the Winds of the Past? A Legendary remake of a Legendary franchise returns on Nintendo Switch"
Dooo Dooo deee doo doo

"That's right Super Nintendo fans! Harvest Moon Legends: Farmers of the Past launches this summer exclusively on Nintendo Switch!"
[close]

"Celebrate the 35th anniversary of Square Enix most iconic franchise with an all new Final Fantasy for Nintendo Switch!"
Dooo Dooo deee doo doo

"The Legendary RPG developer Square Enix has combined the RPG gameplay we all know and love with innovative new crafting and farming in Final Fantasy: Chocobo Farmhouse, coming exclusively to Nintendo Switch this winter!"
[close]

"These long awaited GameCube classics are finally here!"
Dooo Dooo deee doo doo

"That's right Mario Kart fans! The new DLC wave for Mario Kart 8 includes fan favorite tracks from Mario Kart: Double Dash!! such as Daisy Cruiser and Luigi Circuit!"
[close]

"After a Tropical Freeze comes a Summer Swing!"
Dooo Dooo deee doo doo

"The long awaited Donkey Konga series is making its debut on Nintendo Switch with Donkey Konga 1+2 Summer Swing! The controls have been remapped to work perfectly in handheld mode or use the Nintendo Switch Joy Con to drum along in the unique Air Drum mode!"
[close]

*guitar riff*
"That's right Nintendo fans! F-Zero is BACK! F-ZERO BOOST! is in development now. We are working together with Bandai Namco to create the first new F-Zero game in over a decade.
We plan to make F-ZERO BOOST the best F-ZERO game yet. We hope you are as excited as we are. We're currently aiming at a 2025 release. So stay tuned for more F-ZERO BOOST in the future!"

That's not all we have for you to today. To close off this 40 minute MEGA Direct we have invited Mr. Sakurai to play 10 minutes of Kirby: Return to Dreamland Deluxe. But before we start Mr. Sakurai has something to share...

"Hello everyone, many of you have watched my Mr. Sakurai creates Games YouTube channel. I want to thank all my viewers for their interest. Recently we discussed the topic of Kirby Air Ride and the unique 1-button control scheme. Here's a short clip from the episode."

"I'm proud to announce that Sora Ltd. is once again teaming up with Nintendo for a smaller project. In addition to Kirby: Return to Dreamland Deluxe, Kirby fans can look forward to Kirby Air Ride! That's right, we're bringing this GameCube classic in its original form to Nintendo Switch this fall for everyone to enjoy. Now without further ado let's take an in depth look at Kirby: Return to Dreamland Deluxe!"

Add more weeb games and you nailed it

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #12176 on: February 07, 2023, 03:28:13 PM »
"Next up, a nightmare for our localization team"

"The worlds of Fire Emblem and Senran Kagura collide in Senran Kagura x Fire Emblem: VolleyBall Beach Contest. Unlock all your favorite characters and pose after scoring a point. Rub their legs to keep their muscles warm and apply sunscreen to prevent nasty burns. With over 60 characters and 400 outfits there is always something to wear when you head to the beach!"
🤴

Svejk

« Reply #12177 on: February 07, 2023, 09:32:49 PM »
https://imgur.io/Pl5EozK

Someone snagged this pic on the eShop but it got removed.  Nintendo may be jumping on the $70 train.  Maybe a good idea to drop a pre-order to lock in the $60 elsewhere if they bump the physical one too.  Guess we'll find out tomorrow.

Edit: Dammit.. Amazon now shows "unavailable" and won't allow pre-orders anymore.  Assholes.

Polident Hive

« Reply #12178 on: February 07, 2023, 09:58:11 PM »
Amazon used to be good at honoring preorder prices. I’ve had Zelda and Metroid Prime 4 ordered for years now.

Svejk

« Reply #12179 on: February 07, 2023, 10:01:04 PM »
Amazon used to be good at honoring preorder prices. I’ve had Zelda and Metroid Prime 4 ordered for years now.
May need to check MP4 too...

https://twitter.com/Wario64/status/1623153465513086977

:miyamoto
[close]