Author Topic: Nintendo Switch Thread  (Read 945461 times)

team filler

• filler
  • filler
Re: Nintendo Switch Thread
« Reply #12660 on: May 01, 2023, 07:50:41 PM »
Sorry y’all edited!
stop apologizing and post more spoilers  :stahp

team filler

• filler
  • filler
« Reply #12661 on: May 01, 2023, 07:52:50 PM »
THE MAD LADS DID IT
mild spoilers
Big DUNGEONS confirmed. Like Real Big Dungeons, with puzzles and rooms and a theme and music and everything.

The Underground basically is the size of the Overworld.
So it's Overworld + Underground + Sky Islands.
[close]
any word on music?

james

• Donate to the JAMES FUND
« Reply #12662 on: May 01, 2023, 08:48:01 PM »
(Image removed from quote.)

Where do I get this!!!

Shit has leaked so lets fucking go

Whats with all the penises on the ceiling
:O

team filler

• filler
  • filler
« Reply #12663 on: May 01, 2023, 09:00:31 PM »
spoiler (click to show/hide)
[close]
8)

Kevtones

« Reply #12664 on: May 01, 2023, 10:15:54 PM »
THE MAD LADS DID IT
mild spoilers
Big DUNGEONS confirmed. Like Real Big Dungeons, with puzzles and rooms and a theme and music and everything.

[close]
any word on music?

- People were freaking out at the presentation and music during a boss dungeon boss fight because it was off the charts good.

- There’s an underworld map floating around. Like if it’s really what it shows, like no wonder this game took 6 years to come out.

- 25% More shrines than the first game apparently.

- More and better cutscenes

- Can’t completely verify but I heard ‘no load times’ and ‘seamless’ tossed about. THAT is fucking nuts.

Fuck I actually called 3 local game stores to try and get a copy today. I’m a grown and impatient man.
wrong

james

« Reply #12665 on: May 01, 2023, 10:52:12 PM »
No load times into shrines or fast travelling is worth the price of admission if they managed it

Kevtones

« Reply #12666 on: May 02, 2023, 01:21:39 AM »
There’s a video on jumping into the underground area. The atmosphere is soooo good. FUCK.
wrong

team filler

• filler
  • filler
« Reply #12667 on: May 02, 2023, 01:43:52 AM »
is there a discord I can join with all the leaks?  :stahp

Tuckers Law

« Reply #12668 on: May 02, 2023, 11:49:49 AM »
Alright homies, I'm out til I get some hands-on with the game myself.  Hope you get the deets on them leaks, Filler!

HardcoreRetro

• Punk Mushi no Onna
« Reply #12669 on: May 02, 2023, 12:45:20 PM »
He could just browse the Resetera Tears of the Kingdom leak thread. Basically found everything I wanted to know in there.

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #12670 on: May 02, 2023, 01:24:58 PM »
THE MAD LADS DID IT
mild spoilers

[close]
any word on music?

- People were freaking out at the presentation and music during a boss dungeon boss fight because it was off the charts good.

- There’s an underworld map floating around. Like if it’s really what it shows, like no wonder this game took 6 years to come out.

- Can’t completely verify but I heard ‘no load times’ and ‘seamless’ tossed about. THAT is fucking nuts.

Fuck I actually called 3 local game stores to try and get a copy today. I’m a grown and impatient man.
:whew

Xenoblade 3 DLC drops in as the best 'new game' of 2023 so far.
« Last Edit: May 02, 2023, 01:59:27 PM by Nintex »
🤴

MMaRsu

• Administrator
« Reply #12671 on: May 02, 2023, 02:08:50 PM »
Where to get the 60fps totk patch  ??? Yall know orrr imma have to google fu my ass
What

Pissy F Benny

• Is down with the sickness
« Reply #12672 on: May 02, 2023, 05:02:18 PM »
Consult the piracy policy
(ice)

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #12673 on: May 02, 2023, 05:58:36 PM »
Where to get the 60fps totk patch  ??? Yall know orrr imma have to google fu my ass

I got u breh
🤴

Kevtones

« Reply #12674 on: May 02, 2023, 08:51:38 PM »
THE MAD LADS DID IT
mild spoilers

[close]
any word on music?

:whew

Xenoblade 3 DLC drops in as the best 'new game' of 2023 so far.
(Image removed from quote.)

It’s funny I owned all three before beating any of them. I went and beat the first game this year and loved it. I probably got 60% into 2 upon release and fell off for no real reason. I played 3 hours of 3 before I told myself to had to beat the others first. Hell, I have X as well and never got very far.

I actually really enjoyed 2 along with its best in gaming soundtrack. Maybe I pivot there after Zelda. 3 seemed like by far the tightest from my short stint though.
wrong

MMaRsu

• Administrator
« Reply #12675 on: May 03, 2023, 04:48:57 AM »
I fused three giant wing parts, put a fan on each one, and glided down to the temple of time

THIS GAME GUYS 😯😯😯😯😯😯😯
What

Svejk

« Reply #12676 on: May 03, 2023, 08:21:36 AM »
I fused three giant wing parts, put a fan on each one, and glided down to the temple of time

THIS GAME GUYS 😯😯😯😯😯😯😯
So tempted to try it right now, but reading the dump going around isn't the retail release and yuzu doesn't yet run it. 

Nintender must being fuming right now with these leaks.  :rofl 
« Last Edit: May 03, 2023, 09:26:47 AM by Svejk »

Polident Hive

« Reply #12677 on: May 03, 2023, 11:52:06 AM »
Some of the clips and stories are amazing. Slapping the Banjo Nuts and Bolts elements into the BoTW systems seems perfect. Nuts and Bolts was ahead of its time. People weren't ready for it.

james

« Reply #12678 on: May 03, 2023, 12:06:14 PM »
The only spoiler i want to know

Can you configure your buttons

Svejk

« Reply #12679 on: May 03, 2023, 12:39:15 PM »
The only spoiler i want to know

Can you configure your buttons
Never
 :miyamoto

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #12680 on: May 03, 2023, 01:02:15 PM »
ど助平

team filler

• filler
  • filler
« Reply #12681 on: May 03, 2023, 04:42:19 PM »

Skullfuckers Anonymous

• Will hunt bullies for fruit baskets. PM for details.
« Reply #12682 on: May 03, 2023, 09:23:16 PM »

THIS GAME GUYS 😯😯😯😯😯😯😯

:ufup

https://twitter.com/Reggie/status/1653855191093878785

MMaRsu

• Administrator
« Reply #12683 on: May 04, 2023, 07:18:40 AM »
What

MMaRsu

• Administrator
« Reply #12684 on: May 04, 2023, 07:19:42 AM »
Debating wether to purchase that Zelda Cadence of Hyrule game. Im really bad at it but I love the style.. but I really really suck at it 😅
What

Kevtones

« Reply #12685 on: May 04, 2023, 12:58:13 PM »
Okay, apparently you can buy a plot of land and build whatever kind of crazy house you want on it in Zelda TOTK.
wrong

james

« Reply #12686 on: May 04, 2023, 01:30:41 PM »
Okay, apparently you can buy a plot of land and build whatever kind of crazy house you want on it in Zelda TOTK.

They really did turn it into Animal Crossing 

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #12687 on: May 04, 2023, 01:33:59 PM »
Debating wether to purchase that Zelda Cadence of Hyrule game. Im really bad at it but I love the style.. but I really really suck at it 😅
Try the demo first, I did and I was sort of dissapointed.

So instead I bought Resident Evil Revelations 1+2 which are each dirt cheap right now.
Also haven't seen Luminous Avenger X and X2 this cheap before. Panzer Dragoon Remake is literally peanuts.
« Last Edit: May 04, 2023, 01:39:40 PM by Nintex »
🤴

MMaRsu

• Administrator
« Reply #12688 on: May 04, 2023, 01:37:44 PM »
I might wait till Lumines is on sale.. Perfect Switch game
What

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
🤴

Svejk

« Reply #12690 on: May 04, 2023, 07:01:41 PM »
The gaming community will never let us down.  :salute

https://imgur.com/DKR0x2T

Just the beginning, folks... And it hasn't even released yet.  :lawd

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #12691 on: May 05, 2023, 01:55:46 PM »
Tactics Ogre Reborn came in today. It was 50% off on the Square Enix store. Surprised to see it's already the 5th print of this game it must be doing quite well.
🤴

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #12693 on: May 05, 2023, 06:40:16 PM »
https://www.reddit.com/r/tearsofthekingdom/comments/138635c/we_got_a_copy_cat_game_already/?utm_source=share&utm_medium=android_app&utm_name=androidcss&utm_term=1&utm_content=share_button
I've been wondering if others will actually copy mechanics and systems this time. With regards to BOTW it inspired exploration and world building in other games but not so much the simulation and physics. The things Nintendo has now doubled down on in the sequel by giving players the ability to create items and vehicles with seemingly no limitations.

Something like the new Dragon Age is probably going to feel ancient compared to Tears of the Kingdom.
🤴

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #12694 on: May 06, 2023, 06:54:19 AM »
Nintendo made a cool recap video of BOTW if you haven't played it or finished it yet

🤴

MMaRsu

• Administrator
« Reply #12695 on: May 06, 2023, 08:11:54 AM »
I lost my save after finishing all beasts, and doing about 75+ shrines so I might watch that
What

Polident Hive

« Reply #12696 on: May 06, 2023, 08:19:08 AM »
https://www.reddit.com/r/tearsofthekingdom/comments/138635c/we_got_a_copy_cat_game_already/?utm_source=share&utm_medium=android_app&utm_name=androidcss&utm_term=1&utm_content=share_button
I've been wondering if others will actually copy mechanics and systems this time. With regards to BOTW it inspired exploration and world building in other games but not so much the simulation and physics. The things Nintendo has now doubled down on in the sequel by giving players the ability to create items and vehicles with seemingly no limitations.

Something like the new Dragon Age is probably going to feel ancient compared to Tears of the Kingdom.

Watched a review or Horizon 2 to see if I should give it a go. The first game used the Assassins Creed principle of climbing handholds, decent by finding a zip line. Got pretty tedious. For Horizon 2, it’s actually just Link’s glider?

There’s an argument for gliders being done before BOTW. Assassins Creed Brotherhood, Far Cry 4, Batman Arkham games. Sure. But their 2017 game didn’t have it. Their 2021 game did.

That being said, the copying tends to be shallow. Like to my knowledge, even that Ubisoft game doesn’t have mechanics like chopping down trees to create a boat. It’s the climbing and gliding, really.

And there’s Elden Ring showing a different, limited, directed, avenue is viable. (Also I think Horizon is still successful in its own way. And Ghost of Tsushima. What point was I making again?)

HardcoreRetro

• Punk Mushi no Onna
« Reply #12697 on: May 06, 2023, 08:29:50 AM »
Horizon 2 was one of those games that wasn't good enough to be enjoyable and not bad enough to have fun with. Basically the worst kind of game. A really average one.

paprikastaude

« Reply #12698 on: May 06, 2023, 02:53:28 PM »
Horizon is a game that should be made by Japanese devs into an 8 hour character action campaign.

Pissy F Benny

« Reply #12699 on: May 06, 2023, 02:56:57 PM »
Not a bad shout tbh. And get rid of the god awful Sony Magnetic Platforming where yo girl would randomly lose her magnetism :rage
(ice)

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #12700 on: May 07, 2023, 09:22:21 AM »
Horizon is a game that should be made by Japanese devs into an 8 hour character action campaign.

:uguu
ど助平

james

« Reply #12702 on: May 07, 2023, 09:58:53 PM »
May 10 new fall guys season starts i may have to push back Zelda awhile

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #12703 on: May 08, 2023, 02:03:53 PM »
What I'm getting from all the reviewers and tubers playing it is that TOTK is a much better game than Breath of the Wild.
The most divisive factor will probably be the Underground. Because those areas are significantly more difficult than the above ground sections.

Also, Nintendo dropped a performance patch today.
It now runs on par if not better than BOTW and the game also looks better than BOTW.
🤴

james

« Reply #12704 on: May 08, 2023, 02:44:27 PM »
What I'm getting from all the reviewers and tubers playing it is that TOTK is a much better game than Breath of the Wild.
The most divisive factor will probably be the Underground. Because those areas are significantly more difficult than the above ground sections.

Also, Nintendo dropped a performance patch today.
It now runs on par if not better than BOTW and the game also looks better than BOTW.

Nintendo: Takes 6 years to add quests to an existing map

Waits until game has shipped to address performance so the game runs on par with a wii u title

Kevtones

« Reply #12705 on: May 09, 2023, 03:32:56 AM »
the one thing I don’t like about ToTk is that it’s almost too good
wrong

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #12706 on: May 09, 2023, 10:38:12 AM »
Dev interview just dropped

https://www.nintendo.com/whatsnew/ask-the-developer-vol-9-the-legend-of-zelda-tears-of-the-kingdom-part-1/

Classic Nintendo

Applying the concept of 'Wuhu Island' to a Zelda game.
Dohta: When I was working on the programming for Wuhu Island during Wii Sports Resort's development (6), I remembered Miyamoto-san saying that he wanted to “turn the actual stages of games into characters.” What he meant by that was to create one island and use that as a base to add various kinds of gameplay in different games. The idea of having new discoveries in the same setting was striking to me. I'd been wanting to try this idea with other titles, and I supposed this game would leverage that kind of approach.

Doing something they failed to do in a previous game
Fujibayashi: Yeah. I’ve wanted to make this happen ever since The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword. Thinking how satisfying it'd be to dive from the sky and jump directly into the water. In this title, diving is not just about enjoying an exhilarating, seamless means of travel, but it also brings more value as a tool for gathering information about the surface by surveying it from above.

Being able to sense the distance of a bird call being a main feature to highlight
However, with this title, the expressiveness of these sounds has improved to the point where players hear a bird call from afar and sense the distance more realistically.

Retroactively glueing it all together
Wakai: We also expressed the “hands” theme by implementing handclaps and such in the game's music.

Aonuma: Well, simply put, "hands" expresses the idea of "connecting." This applies to the story too, which connects to Hyrule's past. It also talks about a major struggle called "The Imprisoning War," which until now was considered a myth even in Hyrule.

Fujibayashi: And the protagonist's name is "Link" after all.

Aonuma: Oh... I just got the connection... (Laughs)

Everyone: (Laughs)

Aonuma: It’s funny how these things work out, isn’t it? You don’t notice these things when you’re developing the game. But then after you’re done, you see that all sorts of things were actually connected. And you realize, “Oh, so that’s what we were doing...” you know?

Aonuma: Video game development is always like that. When various pieces come together and things start clicking into place, there's a moment when "This is fine..." becomes "This is it!"

You can't just namedrop THE IMPRISONING WAR like that Aonuma  :whoo
« Last Edit: May 09, 2023, 11:11:29 AM by Nintex »
🤴

james

« Reply #12707 on: May 09, 2023, 02:27:22 PM »
Zelda taking place on Wuhu Island is cursed

james

« Reply #12708 on: May 09, 2023, 06:02:20 PM »
$70 for what is basically DLC??????????

Uncle

• Have You Ever
« Reply #12709 on: May 09, 2023, 06:33:06 PM »

https://www.reddit.com/r/gaymers/comments/101wlmp/astronomical_club_for_queers_entire_game_is_3/

'Astronomical Club for Queers' - entire game is 3 minutes long?!

I bought this game tonight for my Switch because the art style looked really cosy and I loved the idea of a queer friendship adventure game.

However, the game play literally lasts about 2-3 minutes - am I missing something?! It feels like the intro scene of a game, and then it takes you back to the start screen and the same scene starts over.

Has anyone else played? Is the game glitching and not working properly, or is this genuinely all there is to it? I'm so confused.

https://www.reddit.com/r/NintendoSwitch/comments/13d4gaa/less_than_3_mins_game_for_9_is_robbery/

Less than 3 mins game for 9$ is robbery! Astronomical club for queers must remove.

I bought this “game” tonight. In it’s description it says its a adventure game with easy mechanics and a story. Ok! But then it’s just one scene with literally 3 dialogues. It’s description has no warning infact its misleading. I’m really mad at nintendo eshop.

https://yookond.itch.io/astronomical-club-for-queers

another person who bought this on switch and is super confused - is this only meant to be the one scene? After the comet it went back to the title screen and that single scene started again?

I love the art style and the premise so much, but I'm confused - is this game genuinely only a couple of minutes long, or is the Switch download glitching? I'm so disappointed that it takes me straight back to the start so soon. I was expecting more of an interactive story.

I just played this on Switch, and I'm sorry, but I had to ask, is it really just this one scene? I partly ask because this setup really interests me, but I finished it in maybe 5 minutes and it felt like all I'd played was the intro to a larger game. I reach the arrival of Haley's Comet and then it just goes back to the start again. I just want to make sure my game isn't glitched or something.

I came here to ask this same question. I'm unsure if I'm doing something wrong, the switch version is buggy or if it really is this short?

Quote from: developer
I am sorry for any misunderstanding, it should've been specified in the description on switch that it is a small game (as I've done on this game page). And at first I hoped this game will be free (like here on PC). But unfortunately you can't post free games on Switch, and the publisher I work with set up the lowest price possible :) I also clarified why this game is a small game (it is and experimental game done in two weeks, and everyone can get it here for free or for a small donation) I was hoping to expand the universe but now I am working on another big scale game :)

:doge
Uncle

Joe Molotov

• I'm much more humble than you would understand.
  • Administrator
« Reply #12710 on: May 09, 2023, 07:11:23 PM »
Another AAA Switch exclusive
©@©™

Pissy F Benny

« Reply #12711 on: May 09, 2023, 07:20:30 PM »
If its not on steam or any other platform that may give refunds, what a genius move :rollsafe
(ice)

Svejk

« Reply #12712 on: May 09, 2023, 11:55:57 PM »
Holy shit.. only 2 more days till TOTK!   Can't believe we're here, bores!  :hyper :tauntaun :lawd

Was looking on  :reeeee and someone made a poll on which version they were getting, and I was shocked to see the digital version was ranked higher at the time.  If I didn't have all the other ones physical, I would've gone full digital here too.  All I can say, is there better not be some stupid delivery delay.  Ordered through Slamazon, so they're usually pretty consistent. Unless they finally release TP and WW on this thing, this may be the last physical game I get on here.

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #12713 on: May 10, 2023, 12:01:27 AM »
Holy shit.. only 2 more days till TOTK!   Can't believe we're here, bores!  :hyper :tauntaun :lawd

Was looking on  :reeeee and someone made a poll on which version they were getting, and I was shocked to see the digital version was ranked higher at the time.  If I didn't have all the other ones physical, I would've gone full digital here too.  All I can say, is there better not be some stupid delivery delay.  Ordered through Slamazon, so they're usually pretty consistent. Unless they finally release TP and WW on this thing, this may be the last physical game I get on here.

I'm gonna double-dip on this one.  Was thinking about canceling the physical since they're bound to re-release it with whatever DLC comes along, but I'll likely keep it since I got it pre-ordered for $60.

Have the Japanese version pre-loaded and ready to go- costs less than the U.S. version and will be playable on Thursday.
:success
ど助平

Polident Hive

« Reply #12714 on: May 10, 2023, 12:40:43 AM »
I explored if starting on an emulator and taking that save to a real switch is feasible. Doesn’t seem to be? Unless I’m so much of an addict I buy a second switch or convinced somebody to ship me my switch, can’t play for a couple weeks.

Related, Nintendo is going after Switch emulators. The Android emulator group threw in the towel. Two PC emulators are holding strong.

Potato

• Senior's Member
« Reply #12715 on: May 10, 2023, 02:43:19 AM »

Nintendo Australia going full on into the feels.

Apparently this ad is based on an Amazon JP review of BotW.

Sorry for the Kotaku link, couldn't find another.

https://www.kotaku.com.au/2023/05/sombre-ad-for-new-zelda-apparently-based-on-amazon-review-for-botw/

Quote from: Google translated review
He is a member of society called a so-called businessman. He was hit by the commuting rush hour, bowed to his customers and bosses, Overtime work every day while doing various things while being forced to train his juniors. I get annoyed by mountains I don’t even know the name of that I see on my way to work. When I come back home dizzy, I don’t have the strength to eat, so I drink and sleep. If you have time to play games, you have to go to seminars and get married. Days when I honestly wonder why I’m still alive.

I remembered it from the Switch store sale I saw on the day I went to buy dead sake. When I was crazy about Mario 64 when I was a kid, “It’s like Mario these days! It’s PS.” I was embarrassed when my friend told me. At that time, I was determined not to be hated by my friends, I also replied, “Surely Mario is old!”

The beauty of FF7 at that time and the shock of hearing the CD on TV, It may be a feeling that children today do not understand. That’s how appealing and innovative it was to children at the time.

I still don’t know why I picked up the Switch at that time. I just bought the main unit and Zelda with a beer in one hand and thinking that I could sell it if it was boring.

Yesterday, when I was at work, I saw a mountain I didn’t even know the name of from the window of the train. The moment I thought, “I think I can climb it,” tears overflowed and I couldn’t stop. The businessmen of the same generation who were beside me must have thought, “What the hell is this guy?”

I would like to recommend it to businessmen colleagues who are pressed for time and who run side by side every day even if they are hated for maintaining the status quo. Don’t say it’s just a game. We were born in the golden age of gaming. Have you ever seen your family move with Mario’s jumps? Do you remember playing Smash with a controller? Have you ever discussed strategies for Chrono Trigger or FF7 with your friends? I know it now. I used to be a fucking kid, but my parents were on birthdays and Christmas, That you bought me fucking expensive hardware and software. On the side of being naughty, you managed to buy an expensive game for me with the house money.

I’m impressed that I’ve realized just now that I didn’t realize that I was working so hard on my life. I should have been more filial.

★5 There’s nothing more I can say because all the reviews are good. This Zelda gives me the “challenge and reward” that I forgot. You can experience an exciting adventure where you can freely explore the world without a map. We of the same generation are sick every day in order to surpass tomorrow. But don’t be disappointed in life. The adventure I was hoping for was in a place like this.

Bonus trans genocide from Kotaku, who seem to have stopped putting stupid disclaimers on their Harry Potter related content.

Also, if there’s any chance that the businessman looks familiar to you, you may have attended the Australian stage production of Harry Potter and the Cursed Child. That is Gareth Reeves, who literally plays Harry Potter in the show. Knowing he’s a theatre actor makes this life-altering performance make a lot more sense.
Spud

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #12716 on: May 10, 2023, 05:00:50 AM »
Nintendo is pulling out all the stops
https://twitter.com/helene_lareine/status/1655979235138318337

What a wild ride, from BOTW DLC to a 30s clip, to 10 minutes of gameplay to a 3 minute trailer to possibly the biggest and best (Zelda) game of all time.
🤴

Potato

• Senior's Member
« Reply #12717 on: May 10, 2023, 05:22:09 AM »
The clowns saying TotK is just DLC seem to have crawled back into their holes recently...
 :shaqc
Spud

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #12718 on: May 10, 2023, 09:20:01 AM »
https://www.nintendo.co.uk/News/2023/May/Ask-the-Developer-Vol-9-The-Legend-of-Zelda-Tears-of-the-Kingdom-Chapter-3-2383821.html
Aonuma:
It was just my natural response when playing The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild. Like, "Man, I want to dig a hole right here". (Laughs)

Everyone:
(Laughs)

Imagine that if nothing had leaked this would be the first time we learned this game has HUGE dungeons.  :lol
Takizawa:
Making a "wide variety" was pretty challenging. The four Divine Beasts were the dungeons in the last game, and they shared similar designs. This time, the dungeons are huge and each carry their own regional look and feel, just like traditional The Legend of Zelda games. We think they will provide a satisfying challenge for players. They were certainly a challenge to develop! (Laughs)
🤴

james

« Reply #12719 on: May 10, 2023, 10:41:05 AM »
Fall Guys new season is out today!

Weekend is going to be BOMB