Author Topic: Nintendo Switch Thread  (Read 945264 times)

james

• Donate to the JAMES FUND
Re: Nintendo Switch Thread
« Reply #12840 on: May 17, 2023, 10:17:28 AM »
Had a shitty work week last week, and this week is turning out the same so far..  and all I can think about is the weekend to play TOTK.
My God, I'm turning into Salary Man..  :existential

I blame Nintendo for spreading propaganda!  :bolo

Simply play it on the bus like the guy from the ads
:O

Svejk

« Reply #12841 on: May 17, 2023, 10:30:02 AM »
Had a shitty work week last week, and this week is turning out the same so far..  and all I can think about is the weekend to play TOTK.
My God, I'm turning into Salary Man..  :existential

I blame Nintendo for spreading propaganda!  :bolo

Simply play it on the bus like the guy from the ads
I don't have a commute to spare.   :-\

Hamarr

« Reply #12842 on: May 17, 2023, 12:48:14 PM »
Are Mario 3D Worlds and Kirby and the Forgotten Lands worth picking up?  I'm debating getting them with vouchers soon, unless they ever go on sale.

HardcoreRetro

• Punk Mushi no Onna
« Reply #12843 on: May 17, 2023, 01:02:50 PM »
3D World is basically a mix of Galaxy and classic 2D Mario course design. I really like it myself. Bowser's Fury is also a cool tech demo for what an open world Mario could be like in that style.

Kirby and the Forgotten Land is probably the best Kirby game since the classic Kirby's Adventure.

3D World went for 40 bucks on the eshop a while back. Don't think Kirby has gone on sale in the eshop yet.

Svejk

« Reply #12844 on: May 17, 2023, 01:16:38 PM »

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #12845 on: May 17, 2023, 01:22:56 PM »
Looking at the eShop best sellers (smash, odyssey, mario kart 8 ), that voucher is making everyone buy a second game with TOTK.  :doge :lol
🤴

Kevtones

« Reply #12846 on: May 17, 2023, 01:33:24 PM »
I would’ve vouchered that dystopian Kirby game. Seems kind of good.

Finally played more last night. I’m dying so much and I’m realizing how creative I need to get. This combat, if you put in the time, is absurdly varied. The amount of approaches is basically limitless and I’m finding myself seeking out little encampments to get better at the game because there are so many options (and I’m only just at the beginning).

Via a combination of fire and wind and using his own attack mud, I knocked this giant off a bridge earlier. Guy had one shotted me a half-dozen times and I just had some math go off in my lizard brain and it was satisfying as fuck.
wrong

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #12847 on: May 17, 2023, 02:06:39 PM »
I still lack a steering wheel vehicle part but I have a horse so instead I created a sort of Roman horse wagon with spears, torches and swords glued onto it.

In the depths I got my ass beat by the first Lynel, not strong enough to take them on at this stage.
Also the explosion radius of bombs is bigger than I expected so I blew myself up.

Noticed that NPC's again have different dialogue if you stand on the table. Is there anything the Zelda team doesn't consider when making these games?
🤴

Joe Molotov

• I'm much more humble than you would understand.
  • Administrator
« Reply #12848 on: May 17, 2023, 02:16:37 PM »
I wish the horses controlled better. Riding the horse was fun in Elden Ring. Riding a horse in TotK feels like driving a tank. And also after I stabled one and then called it once, now it doesn't show up when I call it anymore? Are you supposed to return them to the stable every time? I just want to whistle and have my horse appear directly under me.
©@©™

Skullfuckers Anonymous

• Will hunt bullies for fruit baskets. PM for details.
« Reply #12849 on: May 17, 2023, 03:12:56 PM »
Finally beat the fire dungeon. Boss was fun, but boy that dungeon sucked.

Too scared to play this incase it exposes me as a low IQ brainlet :stahp

It’s a kids game mate. The puzzles are not that difficult.

I wish the horses controlled better. Riding the horse was fun in Elden Ring. Riding a horse in TotK feels like driving a tank. And also after I stabled one and then called it once, now it doesn't show up when I call it anymore? Are you supposed to return them to the stable every time? I just want to whistle and have my horse appear directly under me.

Yeah it doesn’t look like they made any improvements from BOTW. If you’re not in the same region as your horse you won’t be able to call it so you have to respawn it from the stable.

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #12850 on: May 17, 2023, 03:29:29 PM »
There was an item for that in BOTW. Maybe it is unlockable with Pony Points?
🤴

Hamarr

« Reply #12851 on: May 17, 2023, 04:14:40 PM »
Looking at the eShop best sellers (smash, odyssey, mario kart 8 ), that voucher is making everyone buy a second game with TOTK.  :doge :lol

It's too good a deal with TOTK being $70 and Nintendo games not going on deep sales ever.

Potato

• Senior's Member
« Reply #12852 on: May 17, 2023, 06:05:32 PM »
I still lack a steering wheel vehicle part but I have a horse so instead I created a sort of Roman horse wagon with spears, torches and swords glued onto it.

In the depths I got my ass beat by the first Lynel, not strong enough to take them on at this stage.
Also the explosion radius of bombs is bigger than I expected so I blew myself up.

Noticed that NPC's again have different dialogue if you stand on the table. Is there anything the Zelda team doesn't consider when making these games?
I got yelled at by the flower girl in kakariko village
Spud

tiesto

• ルカルカ★ナイトフィーバー
« Reply #12853 on: May 18, 2023, 11:56:14 AM »
Are Mario 3D Worlds and Kirby and the Forgotten Lands worth picking up?  I'm debating getting them with vouchers soon, unless they ever go on sale.

I loved both games, lots of creative level designs and charming ideas, I tend to prefer 3D games that have more fixed cameras personally.
^_^

demi

• cooler than willco
  • Administrator
« Reply #12854 on: May 18, 2023, 12:16:13 PM »
Finished 2 "dungeons" (they arent dungeons, this game has no dungeons. who spread that fake lie??) and can't help but feel like I waited 6 years to play... breath of the wild again. I'm extremely lukewarm on this new Zelda, and apparently this is the new format going forward.

IT JUST NEEDS DUNGEONS ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

The mini puzzles, sure whatever they're cute. They arent dungeons!

The main "4" areas to do for the main quest aren't dungeons!

I like dungeons!

Also the Depths is extremely lame and I wish this energy got focused on Dungeons instead! Having to plant light bulbs every which way while exploring this empty area is not a highlight at all

There's room for both kinds of Zelda experiences!
« Last Edit: May 18, 2023, 12:20:32 PM by demi »
fat

Himu

« Reply #12855 on: May 18, 2023, 01:14:53 PM »
Mario 3d World is fun as shit.
IYKYK

Hamarr

« Reply #12856 on: May 18, 2023, 01:18:04 PM »
I'm a couple of hours in and feeling slightly lost.  The exploration seems a little more restricted than BOTW so far, but also a little less clear about where to go next.  BOTW was pretty good layout that was clear early on, but then the training wheels were taken off pretty quickly.  It seems like I am playing the game wrong, too.  Like in the first challenge dungeon, I ended up reusing a bridge I already made for the last part instead of making a lift, but then they repeat the puzzle outside and I made one there.  Maybe it's because the systems were pretty simplified in BOTW, I didn't worry at all about doing things the "wrong" way, where it seems like I need to figure out what the game is teaching me for later. Or that is a me problem.

BOTW style controls and combat feel a little off after spending so much time with Link's Awakening right before this.
« Last Edit: May 18, 2023, 01:34:41 PM by Hamarr »

MMaRsu

• Administrator
« Reply #12857 on: May 18, 2023, 01:19:50 PM »

Also the Depths is extremely lame and I wish this energy got focused on Dungeons instead! Having to plant light bulbs every which way while exploring this empty area is not a highlight at all

There's room for both kinds of Zelda experiences!

Just make a vehicle and put a few big ass brightblooms on it ez
What

demi

• cooler than willco
  • Administrator
« Reply #12858 on: May 18, 2023, 01:20:02 PM »
The sky area is a giant tutorial area, it opens up and lets you go wherever once you land back in Hyrule

The tutorial area sucks shit and is terrible. BOTW's intro area was much better
fat

MMaRsu

• Administrator
« Reply #12859 on: May 18, 2023, 01:20:25 PM »
I'm a couple of hours in and feeling slightly lost.  The exploration seems a little more restricted than BOTW so far

did u not do the main quest?
What

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #12860 on: May 18, 2023, 01:31:00 PM »
Holy fucking shit.
spoiler (click to show/hide)
The Sky Islands above Hebra, what an epic climb to reach the Wind Temple. Also nice that they brought back the buddy system for the Wind Waker but this time the helper is actually useful.
[close]

🤴

Hamarr

« Reply #12861 on: May 18, 2023, 01:35:29 PM »
I'm a couple of hours in and feeling slightly lost.  The exploration seems a little more restricted than BOTW so far

I'm trying. I can't go into the temple yet because I need to gain more power. I looked around for more shrines, just in case that was what was meant.

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #12862 on: May 18, 2023, 03:15:11 PM »

I'm trying. I can't go into the temple yet because I need to gain more power. I looked around for more shrines, just in case that was what was meant.
4th Shrine
Yep there's one more shrine, assuming you now have recall you have to go back to the chamber where you started the game (first fast travel point) and use recall on the cogs to rewind them and climb up until you reach a cave with the 4th shrine. Alternatively you can climb the mountain itself and enter the cave of the 4th shrine via the backdoor airstrip.
[close]

https://twitter.com/liccnuke/status/1658954425405419520
« Last Edit: May 18, 2023, 03:29:24 PM by Nintex »
🤴

Hamarr

« Reply #12863 on: May 18, 2023, 04:51:16 PM »

4th Shrine
Yep there's one more shrine, assuming you now have recall you have to go back to the chamber where you started the game (first fast travel point) and use recall on the cogs to rewind them and climb up until you reach a cave with the 4th shrine. Alternatively you can climb the mountain itself and enter the cave of the 4th shrine via the backdoor airstrip.
[close]

https://twitter.com/liccnuke/status/1658954425405419520

Thanks. I think I just needed to stop messing around. I've finished the second shrine and am messing with the mine cars and all that. I died to that one box boss. I might give that guy another try before moving on. I'm feeling like a boomer with some of the new mechanics, but they're not complicated.  It probably isn't helping that I am talking to others while playing. 

Fuse it pretty cool. To be honest, most of these abilities looked like something I wasn't going to get into, but they've done a good job of introducing them so far.

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #12864 on: May 18, 2023, 07:10:27 PM »
You can always go back to the tutorial island to mop up the optional bosses and other things. I would just try and get to Hyrule surface as quickly as possible.

Unlike in BOTW where you had to move all the way to Kakariko after the Great Plateau (and got mauled in the process), it's only a short and easy hike to Purah and in the first town you can just pick up free weapons and stuff.
The only thing I found that was useful in tutorial land (apart from the things needed to progress) were some boots against the cold.
🤴

Svejk

« Reply #12865 on: May 19, 2023, 10:07:01 AM »
Since I haven’t had time to jump back on TOTK (tonight!), I’ve been listening to the BOTW OST during work to tie me over.  Never really paid too much attention to it back when playing it on the WiiU due to playing it off the TV at a somewhat low volume.  But I have to admit, it’s actually pretty good.  It still has probably the weakest main themes for a Zelda, but most of it seems pretty fitting for the type of game it is.  I’m all about piano riffs, but good grief… how bout some more strings or something?  However, Kass’ theme is fantastic.  Accordion seems so appropriate! Love it!  It’s no Koji magic, but I feel I was wrong on how poor the overall OST is.   There’s a lot there that do feel Zelda-ish, besides the reworks of classic tracks.

With TOTK, I’ve been able to play with earbuds (in a very archaic way), but it’s nice to immerse myself into this more, audibly, than I did BOTW.  The sound quality has been great so far in TOKT.  The ambience is well structured and believable.

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #12866 on: May 19, 2023, 01:36:50 PM »
Beat my first "dungeon"

The Wind Temple. The climb up there was epic as fuck. Now of course it isn't a 'real' Dungeon but overall I enjoyed it. Was surprised to see that he landscape actually changes once you beat the boss and Rito Village opens up more. The boss was great I find the sky diving mechanic really fun to mess around with. Boss music was awesome too, nice take on the Rito Village tune.

Also did some exploration in the depths. Kinda funny how Nintendo is actually using some fan theories about what happened to certain characters post BOTW.  :lol
I figured all of the depths was basically the same barren cave like environment but there's actual mines and buildings there too.
[close]

https://twitter.com/chocrab_1226/status/1659499199665438720
« Last Edit: May 19, 2023, 01:54:50 PM by Nintex »
🤴

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #12867 on: May 20, 2023, 08:43:40 AM »
I'm currently exploring something they added to the existing map.
Hyrule Castle Town has catacombs now and they are quite big. I already found a piece of armor and a Stalnox burried under a big pile of rubble. This world has so many secrets and is so amazingly detailed no matter where you go.
[close]
🤴

Kevtones

« Reply #12868 on: May 20, 2023, 11:37:36 AM »
I’m quite deep into the Hebra region. I’m really enjoying the map revisit tbh - I don’t remember it well enough despite getting 900 koroks that it makes for a pleasant return that gets jogged enough with all the caves and new life breathed in.

I fell into the Depths very briefly for the first time through some well. Shit was REALLY far down and almost killed me in 10 second before I teleported out.
wrong

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #12869 on: May 20, 2023, 07:36:48 PM »
🤴

Svejk

« Reply #12870 on: May 20, 2023, 09:16:14 PM »
Spent 5 minutes trying to build a vehicle with wheels right next to a korok.. wheels didn't turn.  Picked up the korok and walked him to his friend in less than 2 minutes...  :steel

Kevtones

« Reply #12871 on: May 21, 2023, 01:04:02 AM »
This climb at the top of Hebra is epic stuff.

Also, I’m bad at hot air balloons. Something is missing in my brain.
wrong

Kevtones

« Reply #12872 on: May 21, 2023, 01:58:31 AM »
Made it to the Wind Temple. The approach was truly epic. I missed some of it too through some shenanigans.

Decided to leave for now and try the Depths for the first time. I am surprised by how much I’m into it. It’s creepy and weird and the atmosphere is just right. I just found my first ‘travel’ point and was shocked at how big it is in terms of space. I know it’s the same size as the map but it’s vast darkness makes you feel so diminutive. The traversal is treacherous and it makes me feel like this is almost one astronomically huge Blighttown with a better framerate. Mind you, the mentioned is one of the best areas in any Souls game so maybe you think I’m nuts.
wrong

MMaRsu

• Administrator
« Reply #12873 on: May 21, 2023, 05:19:09 AM »
This climb at the top of Hebra is epic stuff.

Also, I’m bad at hot air balloons. Something is missing in my brain.

put a flamethrower in the middle
What

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #12874 on: May 21, 2023, 06:29:22 AM »
Made it to the Wind Temple. The approach was truly epic. I missed some of it too through some shenanigans.

Decided to leave for now and try the Depths for the first time. I am surprised by how much I’m into it. It’s creepy and weird and the atmosphere is just right. I just found my first ‘travel’ point and was shocked at how big it is in terms of space. I know it’s the same size as the map but it’s vast darkness makes you feel so diminutive. The traversal is treacherous and it makes me feel like this is almost one astronomically huge Blighttown with a better framerate. Mind you, the mentioned is one of the best areas in any Souls game so maybe you think I’m nuts.
I would suggest finishing up the Wind Temple first, it's not that big.
You get a nice ability which is very helpful in the depths too and you can explore even MORE of Hebra. Yes you've only just scratched the surface.
[close]

The depths is really well designed both visually and in terms of game design. I'm just jogging around and suddenly RED EYES pop up of some big monster that tries to kill me.
Also exploration is 10x more rewarding compared to BOTW now that you can find every armor in the game in chests randomly hidden across the Sky Islands, Depths and Hyrule.
Did you know the game also has TREASURE MAPS?!!!
[close]
🤴

MMaRsu

• Administrator
« Reply #12875 on: May 21, 2023, 07:48:06 AM »
The ability's suck ass because I dont want some clown running around with me
What

demi

• cooler than willco
  • Administrator
« Reply #12876 on: May 21, 2023, 11:00:03 AM »
The abilities are great because the combat sucks dick and they do the fighting for me
fat

MMaRsu

• Administrator
« Reply #12877 on: May 21, 2023, 11:49:20 AM »
Lmao git gud noob the combat is easy as shit
What

Svejk

« Reply #12878 on: May 21, 2023, 01:11:49 PM »
The lack of button customization makes the combat ass.  Cycling between enemy lock ons is extra distinguished mentally-challenged (stuck in the N64 era). 
Cycling for arrow add-ons is a chore.  Just like BOTW, they took great leaps to improve the combat to be more modern, but still half ass the rest with no valid excuse.

Building stuff is a chore too.  Feels like it's already losing its luster, but shrines, shockingly, keep building interesting without making it feel tedious. 

Being reminded of my botw play where all I focus on in the beginning is map unlocks and shrines.  But... It was cool as shit unlocking a tower and then gliding down into a chasm.  Also stumbling across crazy hidden bosses, like an armored black Linel and a Phantom Ganon... Both wrecked the shit out of me. 

Having a love/hate relationship with it so far, but I feel an urge to see what's next, so I suppose that's a win. 

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #12879 on: May 21, 2023, 01:13:55 PM »
So far I find the main path easier than BOTW. I remember in BOTW you were guided to the Zora domain first after Kakariko and that was littered with Lizalfos and Thunder storms and if you didn't want to take a detour you had to kill a Lynel too.  In TOTK they send you to the Rito, which is a much easier path and Central Hyrule is pretty much in control of the Hylians instead of Guardians roaming around everywhere. Thanks to Fuse you can also more easily create stronger weapons and arrows as opposed to a very limited supply of ancient, fire, ice and bomb arrows.

The game does have more challenging areas but it's pretty much up to the player when to tackle them. Overall I find it to be much more fun than BOTW even though it lost some of the 'unique' negative space feeling.
🤴

Hamarr

« Reply #12880 on: May 21, 2023, 01:58:52 PM »
I'm not sure how much I like the changes to the game now that I am running around in Hyrule.  Having so many more quests feels like it's conflicting with the fun of just running around an exploring. That might be a me problem because I want to complete them before moving on. The shrines have been more fun this time around in some ways. They do a good job of using the powers. I'm not using them anywhere near as much since leaving the tutorial area except to complete quests or something.

I did roam around some of the Depths to complete a quest and then left. I'll probably go back down and explore some later.

Most of the weapons I am picking up are pre-fused, so I'm not using fuse anywhere near as much as I was expecting. I do also like that you can now throw something directly from the inventory, like bomb flowers.  That does make me miss the bombs and some of the other powers from BOTW.  I suck at combat and am skipping some of the harder enemies.

Svejk

« Reply #12881 on: May 21, 2023, 02:05:12 PM »
Your stable horses from botw save data carry over!  :aweshum

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #12882 on: May 21, 2023, 02:39:32 PM »
I'm not sure how much I like the changes to the game now that I am running around in Hyrule.  Having so many more quests feels like it's conflicting with the fun of just running around an exploring. That might be a me problem because I want to complete them before moving on. The shrines have been more fun this time around in some ways. They do a good job of using the powers. I'm not using them anywhere near as much since leaving the tutorial area except to complete quests or something.

I did roam around some of the Depths to complete a quest and then left. I'll probably go back down and explore some later.

Most of the weapons I am picking up are pre-fused, so I'm not using fuse anywhere near as much as I was expecting. I do also like that you can now throw something directly from the inventory, like bomb flowers.  That does make me miss the bombs and some of the other powers from BOTW.  I suck at combat and am skipping some of the harder enemies.
Most powers actually return in the form of Zonai devices or items. They work slightly different but the effect is the same.
🤴

Let's Cyber

• Banned (duration pending)
« Reply #12883 on: May 21, 2023, 07:19:52 PM »
The South Akkala shrine where you

make all the battle bots to fight for you
[close]

was super cool. Felt like an quirky RTS, even down to the awkward pathfinding.

This game is fantastic. :lawd

Hamarr

« Reply #12884 on: May 21, 2023, 07:43:23 PM »

Most powers actually return in the form of Zonai devices or items. They work slightly different but the effect is the same.

That's good to know. I am starting to unlock more devices as I go. I also started visiting some more of the sky islands. The more I play, the more my concerns go away.

I went to the Forgotten Temple and am on my way to the Wind Temple.  It's funny, earlier it felt like the quests were leading me away from exploring as much but I'm finding I am actually visiting and going through some areas that I didn't really explore in BOTW.

demi

• cooler than willco
  • Administrator
« Reply #12885 on: May 21, 2023, 09:59:37 PM »
3/4 through the game and I finally unlock "memories"

I hate this shit
fat

team filler

• filler
  • filler
« Reply #12886 on: May 22, 2023, 01:33:14 AM »
nintendo tried to give us better combat with skyward sword, but we'll never see the next evolution of that combat system  :stahp

james

• Donate to the JAMES FUND
« Reply #12887 on: May 22, 2023, 10:29:31 AM »
Finally started the game. I went in with zero spoilers on the opening section.

The starting piece was incredible. Extremely atmospheric, felt like a horror game. Usually "follow the NPC" is bs but they did it well. Felt like one of those Sony games Ive heard about, unexpected for Nintendo.

Tutorial island is interesting, and shows one of the philosophical issues with the game.

They created a whole new area, which is great, so it doesnt feel like we're playing the same game again. But at the same time, I just waned to go down and see how my Hyrule has changed. 

That is, had the game been an entire new map, we might have felt like it was BOTW again with a new skin. By using the same map, it almost feels like more of a sequel?

That being said, one thing I really disliked is how they re-used so many of the sound cues. I didnt like having the same (annoying) music theme for the cold area. I hate that the "give power to hand" music is the same as the Sheikah slate stuff. In BOTW, power was granted by the stuff dripping onto the slate. IE, a liquid. So the sound was water. In this game, it's not a drip animation, so why the water sound effect?

Anyway, back to tutorial island. Beautiful. Love the autumn aesthetic. Powers so far are cool.
:O

MMaRsu

• Administrator
« Reply #12888 on: May 22, 2023, 12:38:48 PM »
What

MMaRsu

• Administrator
« Reply #12889 on: May 22, 2023, 12:42:19 PM »

The midair wing is so fucking cool, I saw another streamer do it but I hadnt been able to replicate it. With this I think it will be easy
What

demi

• cooler than willco
  • Administrator
« Reply #12890 on: May 22, 2023, 12:49:13 PM »
21 Hearts
2 Stamina Wheels
3 full batteries

13 Main Quests completed
27 Side Adventures completed
10 Shrine Quests completed
44 Side Quests completed

83 Shrines completed
45 Lightroots completed
65 Korok seeds

3 "dungeons" completed
Master Sword Acquired
[close]

Gonna finish the game this week so I can move on and wait 6 more years of Breath of the Wild 3 (but its not BOTW! totally!)
fat

MMaRsu

• Administrator
« Reply #12891 on: May 22, 2023, 02:07:31 PM »
What

Kevtones

« Reply #12892 on: May 22, 2023, 09:25:37 PM »

I would suggest finishing up the Wind Temple first, it's not that big.
You get a nice ability which is very helpful in the depths too and you can explore even MORE of Hebra. Yes you've only just scratched the surface.
[close]

The depths is really well designed both visually and in terms of game design. I'm just jogging around and suddenly RED EYES pop up of some big monster that tries to kill me.
Also exploration is 10x more rewarding compared to BOTW now that you can find every armor in the game in chests randomly hidden across the Sky Islands, Depths and Hyrule.
Did you know the game also has TREASURE MAPS?!!!
[close]

Took your advice, spot on, thank  you. About the Wind Temple…

Journey to it: 11/10 - super open-ended and awesome
Actual dungeon: 5/10 - though I did like the puzzles it was just too damn small
Boss: 10/10 epic in every way and it was a GREAT capstone to the whole area

I really liked the puzzle design in the dungeon I just don’t get why it was so short. It felt bigger than what was used too. Maybe there’s more..?

Off to The Depths… I think.
wrong

demi

• cooler than willco
  • Administrator
« Reply #12893 on: May 22, 2023, 10:44:29 PM »
Nope, the "dungeons" are literally just one area and you have to hit 4-5 switches to unlock the boss door. The end
fat

pilonv1

• I love you just the way I am
« Reply #12894 on: May 23, 2023, 01:03:04 AM »
Why does everything I see of this game look like Zelda: Nuts & Bolts?
itm

Potato

• Senior's Member
« Reply #12895 on: May 23, 2023, 04:27:44 AM »
Because you're seeing the "cool" part of the game that works well to advertise it. There's a whole bunch of stuff that is more "mundane" BotW-style Zelda that's been improved exponentially.
Spud

MMaRsu

• Administrator
« Reply #12896 on: May 23, 2023, 11:15:08 AM »
I do be missing Kass tho

What

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #12897 on: May 23, 2023, 11:44:57 AM »
Because you're seeing the "cool" part of the game that works well to advertise it. There's a whole bunch of stuff that is more "mundane" BotW-style Zelda that's been improved exponentially.
Yeah I'm mostly using a bow and arrow. Don't have the parts to build tanks yet.
🤴

Hamarr

« Reply #12898 on: May 23, 2023, 01:31:36 PM »
I finished the Wind Temple the other day. I agree with others. The lead up to the temple was pretty epic, and then the Temple itself was kind of meh. I'm not sure if it's better or worse than the beasts in BOTW. I kind of miss the puzzles being a little more complex with needing to manipulate to the beast to get into certain areas but this did feel a little more like a traditional dungeon. I just wish it was little more complex.

The boss fight was pretty great and more in keeping with the lead up the Temple.

I'm heading back to the Depths to find the Temple there.

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #12899 on: May 23, 2023, 01:51:20 PM »
🤴