Author Topic: Nintendo Switch Thread  (Read 940884 times)

james

• Donate to the JAMES FUND
Re: Nintendo Switch Thread
« Reply #12420 on: March 01, 2023, 09:32:05 PM »
Im hearing rumors that the Go Switch launch will be massively delayed due to the war with China that kicks off this Fall
:O

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #12421 on: March 02, 2023, 04:26:30 AM »
https://twitter.com/GearoidReidy/status/1631113398678343680

Interesting thread, Switch is 95% of Nintendo's sales now.
🤴

Svejk

« Reply #12422 on: March 02, 2023, 07:58:23 AM »
Whatever you do Nintendo, ... PLEASE call it anything without the word Switch in it.  You can call it Dookie Stick Waggle or Pocket Puss U.. make also a stand alone/non portable version of whatever it is and make it as small as a Retro Pie/Mini console.  Let the consumer decide if they want to buy a screen to attach to it as an add-on.

HardcoreRetro

• Punk Mushi no Onna
« Reply #12423 on: March 02, 2023, 08:16:15 AM »
3DSU

Which stands for 3D Switch U.

Svejk

« Reply #12424 on: March 02, 2023, 08:28:15 AM »
3DSU

Which stands for 3D Switch U.
I wish Nintendo had more balls to push towards the 3D route like Sony did... what they farted out simply made you go cross eyed.  Neat tech, but absolutely horrible outcome. (Just like Virtual Boy. lol)
They have the talent to make something as Masterclass as Astrobot RM, but they did nothing... so Sony snatched that 3D platformer crown instead.
« Last Edit: March 02, 2023, 08:43:36 AM by Svejk »

james

« Reply #12425 on: March 02, 2023, 10:34:42 AM »
https://twitter.com/GearoidReidy/status/1631113398678343680

Interesting thread, Switch is 95% of Nintendo's sales now.

Lol uncharted territory

Its a complete mystery what a console manufacturer does after 6 years.

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #12426 on: March 02, 2023, 10:40:37 AM »
🤴

HardcoreRetro

• Punk Mushi no Onna
« Reply #12427 on: March 02, 2023, 11:23:59 AM »
I love that it doesn't even include all 3 of those old ass games.

Choose one.

Can't stop laughing at this shit. Oh wait, some Mario movie stickers.  :D

james

« Reply #12428 on: March 02, 2023, 11:41:53 AM »

Choose one.

Remember when Nintendo included 5 remastered Mario games with the SNES

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #12429 on: March 02, 2023, 01:29:18 PM »

Choose one.

Remember when Nintendo included 5 remastered Mario games with the SNES
And then literally burned the SNES ROM on a Wii disc in 2010 for $60 :lawd

It's also the standard Switch, not even the OLED model.  :lol

https://twitter.com/NintendoEurope/status/1631293853629030400
Hell yeah!
🤴

Joe Molotov

• I'm much more humble than you would understand.
  • Administrator
« Reply #12430 on: March 02, 2023, 01:39:31 PM »
Non-OLED is more cinematic.
©@©™

HardcoreRetro

• Punk Mushi no Onna
« Reply #12431 on: March 02, 2023, 02:25:10 PM »
Holy shit! Birdo!

That's the original trans icon.

Edit:

I apologize for deadnaming her. Birdetta I meant.

BIONIC

• Virgo. Live Music. The Office. Tacos. Fur mom. True crime junkie. INTJ.
« Reply #12432 on: March 02, 2023, 02:30:28 PM »
Margs

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #12433 on: March 02, 2023, 03:33:38 PM »
Biden: "The Mario Edition Switch looks sweet, now I can finally replace my OG model and get the extended battery life. I already own all the Mario games though, does anyone want the download code?"

Trump: "Of course Sleepy Joe wants a non-OLED switch so the light isn't too harsh when he tries to sleep"

Obama: "To be honest, I prefer the Switch Lite. It reminds me of the Gameboy and is just as durable. Since I buy most of my games digitally it's a perfect travel companion and not as big and heavy as the Steam Deck. The battery improvement is a huge plus though"

Trump: "Everyone knows that the Switch Lite fucking sucks, it's terrible and the OG model was just a beta test for stupid people with the worst battery life ever and Joy-Con drift up the ass so it was all but useless if you didn't use it Docked. Now the big beautiful Switch OLED on the other hand vastly improves games like Fire Emblem Engage and Metroid Prime Remastered and it has better battery life also. Not to mention buying games physical is still the best way to enjoy the latest Nintendo bangers. Real fans like myself pre-order all the Collectors Editions day one and also all the Amiibo and the reprints"

Biden: "Oh shut up Donald, the Switch OLED is overpriced malarkey and the Amiibo are useless, the OLED doesn't boost performance and costs 50 dollars more. The OG model plays the same games perfectly fine if not better."

Trump: "What are you talking about Sleepy Joe. Amiibo at a lot to the experience of playing and owning Nintendo games. The rare item drops in Breath of the Wild and the fantastic designs of the recent Smash Bros. Amiibo's are just a few examples of why Amiibo are great if you actually didn't fall asleep during the Nintendo Direct, you would've known that in Tears of the Kingdom the Amiibo will actually unlock new sail cloth designs, which are absolutely fantastic especially the one based on Majora's Mask"

Obama: "Yeah, that's a pretty cool design Joe, you should check it out. Still Donald, even you have to admit that the Amiibo were used better on the Nintendo 3DS and Wii U back in the day. On the Switch, it's little more than a gimmick"

Trump/Biden: "Shut up Barrack"
🤴

MMaRsu

• Administrator
« Reply #12434 on: March 02, 2023, 03:37:57 PM »
Biden: "The Mario Edition Switch looks sweet, now I can finally replace my OG model and get the extended battery life. I already own all the Mario games though, does anyone want the download code?"

Trump: "Of course Sleepy Joe wants a non-OLED switch so the light isn't too harsh when he tries to sleep"

Obama: "To be honest, I prefer the Switch Lite. It reminds me of the Gameboy and is just as durable. Since I buy most of my games digitally it's a perfect travel companion and not as big and heavy as the Steam Deck. The battery improvement is a huge plus though"

Trump: "Everyone knows that the Switch Lite fucking sucks, it's terrible and the OG model was just a beta test for stupid people with the worst battery life ever and Joy-Con drift up the ass so it was all but useless if you didn't use it Docked. Now the big beautiful Switch OLED on the other hand vastly improves games like Fire Emblem Engage and Metroid Prime Remastered and it has better battery life also. Not to mention buying games physical is still the best way to enjoy the latest Nintendo bangers. Real fans like myself pre-order all the Collectors Editions day one and also all the Amiibo and the reprints"

Biden: "Oh shut up Donald, the Switch OLED is overpriced malarkey and the Amiibo are useless, the OLED doesn't boost performance and costs 50 dollars more. The OG model plays the same games perfectly fine if not better."

Trump: "What are you talking about Sleepy Joe. Amiibo at a lot to the experience of playing and owning Nintendo games. The rare item drops in Breath of the Wild and the fantastic designs of the recent Smash Bros. Amiibo's are just a few examples of why Amiibo are great if you actually didn't fall asleep during the Nintendo Direct, you would've known that in Tears of the Kingdom the Amiibo will actually unlock new sail cloth designs, which are absolutely fantastic especially the one based on Majora's Mask"

Obama: "Yeah, that's a pretty cool design Joe, you should check it out. Still Donald, even you have to admit that the Amiibo were used better on the Nintendo 3DS and Wii U back in the day. On the Switch, it's little more than a gimmick"

Trump/Biden: "Shut up Barrack"

:kobeyuck
What

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #12435 on: March 02, 2023, 07:00:27 PM »

Quite the glow up for Riverside Park
🤴

james

« Reply #12436 on: March 02, 2023, 09:40:28 PM »
I love that Amsterdam is basically moo moo farm which from my understanding is fully accurate

Skullfuckers Anonymous

• Will hunt bullies for fruit baskets. PM for details.
« Reply #12437 on: March 03, 2023, 01:23:42 PM »
Even the inbreds in the U.K. don’t think the switch can play video games.

https://twitter.com/GamesRadar/status/1630891474702172161

Can we get a mod to move this thread to off topic?

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #12438 on: March 03, 2023, 01:25:35 PM »

:whoo
« Last Edit: March 03, 2023, 01:30:32 PM by Nintex »
🤴

BIONIC

« Reply #12439 on: March 03, 2023, 03:45:11 PM »
Metroid finally getting the respect it deserves  :birdman
Margs

HardcoreRetro

• Punk Mushi no Onna
« Reply #12440 on: March 03, 2023, 03:55:26 PM »
But y cant Metroid crawl?

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #12441 on: March 03, 2023, 04:06:28 PM »

Happy 6th Year :bow The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild :bow2 Anniversary for all that celebrate :rejoice
🤴

james

« Reply #12442 on: March 03, 2023, 05:00:56 PM »
I never finished Zelda

:doge

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #12443 on: March 03, 2023, 05:16:53 PM »

Choose one.

In Europe they somehow made it worse  :lol

I never finished Zelda

:doge
Neither did Link  :rimshot
« Last Edit: March 03, 2023, 05:23:26 PM by Nintex »
🤴

team filler

• filler
  • filler
« Reply #12444 on: March 03, 2023, 10:03:35 PM »
prime 4 end of game samus reveal leaked:
spoiler (click to show/hide)
[close]

Polident Hive

« Reply #12445 on: March 03, 2023, 10:37:18 PM »
It’s been six years? :existential

james

« Reply #12446 on: March 04, 2023, 12:48:25 AM »
It’s been six years? :existential

Wii U is over 10 years old

:fbm

Polident Hive

« Reply #12447 on: March 04, 2023, 02:17:12 AM »
Actually loaded up my Wii U two days ago. The calendar shows I last turned it on in November 2017. Before that, January 2016. It really is a junk system. How does the setting menu have loading times.

If I haven’t played Twilight Princess HD by now, it’s probably not happening.

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #12448 on: March 04, 2023, 07:08:59 AM »
Zelda TP HD was the last game I played before getting the Switch when Splatoon 2 launched.
I picked it up for like $10 with the Amiibo in the spring of 2017.
🤴

HardcoreRetro

• Punk Mushi no Onna
« Reply #12449 on: March 04, 2023, 08:20:24 AM »
Devil's Third was my final WiiU game. I remember starting up the game and laughing at the opening cutscene. Then I proceeded to never play it. 5 euros well spent.

paprikastaude

« Reply #12450 on: March 04, 2023, 09:14:17 AM »

Probably the only good thing that happened on Switch.

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #12451 on: March 04, 2023, 10:41:23 AM »
I think the Wii U is where Nintendo figured out that hardware 'does matter' and you can't just mod an ancient Radeon chip, tape on a PowerPC that overheats when you sneeze at it, use the cheapest RAM you can find and then gaslight everyone into thinking you can't make anything better for $299 without it being 'too big' when the Xbox 360 was already on the market for 7 years.

Also 8GB of storage? These aren't SNES ROMs buddy. With the Switch they thankfully did the opposite of almost everything they did with the Wii U.

The funniest thing about the Wii U is that while it flopped, Microsoft, EA, Sony and others did see it as a threat so they developed Xbox Smart Glass and other useless companion apps to emulate what the Wii U could do.
🤴

BIONIC

« Reply #12452 on: March 04, 2023, 07:27:29 PM »
Devil's Third was my final WiiU game. I remember starting up the game and laughing at the opening cutscene. Then I proceeded to never play it. 5 euros well spent.

You missed out on a fun TPS :idont
Margs

HardcoreRetro

• Punk Mushi no Onna
« Reply #12453 on: March 05, 2023, 04:10:41 AM »
It's on the backlog. Cleaning up the WiiU backlog. Never beat Yoshi's Woolly World or Kirby's Rainbow Curse. Also like 30 hours into Xenoblade Chronicles X but I'm still hoping they bring it over to Switch.

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #12454 on: March 05, 2023, 06:20:17 AM »
Now that the 3DS and Wii U stores and online services are shutting down (they closed up Mario Kart 8 + Splatoon yesterday and the store will close at the end of March) I'd like to see some kind of DS/3DS player for Switch (maybe just a Pro Controller with a touch screen) so games like A Link Between Worlds, Kirby's Canvas Curse and Samus Returns can be played on the Switch.

Considering all the online stuff I'm not sure what they'll do with Xenoblade Chronicles X. I'm thinking a 2024 release as to bridge the gap between XB3 and the new DLC story and XB4 if they plan to remaster it.
With Metroid Remastered and Fire Emblem Engage being finished for a year or so before release it's starting to look more and more like Nintendo just bumped up their entire schedule by a year due to COVID.
🤴

Rahxephon91

« Reply #12455 on: March 05, 2023, 11:57:52 AM »
I think at this point Xenoblade Chronicles X Port is Switch 2 launch title or near release. Don't think it shows up on Switch.

Svejk

« Reply #12456 on: March 05, 2023, 03:34:20 PM »
I think at this point Xenoblade Chronicles X Port is Switch 2 launch title or near release. Don't think it shows up on Switch.
They're waiting to add it, along with TP and WW, to the Nintendo Online + Expansion Plus U Deluxe 3DzNuts Pack for $199 a year.

Polident Hive

« Reply #12457 on: March 05, 2023, 04:40:51 PM »
If the Switch 2 exists, they’re saving those Zelda N64-3DS ports for launch. It’s even the 25th anniversary of Ocarina and all. Separate, of course. For $70 each.

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #12458 on: March 05, 2023, 06:12:45 PM »
Regardless of what they are planning with new hardware, I don't think Nintendo will cold turkey stop releasing Switch games. The system is way too popular.
We'll probably see the things that have been rumored for months or even years like TWW+TP, Xenoblade Chronicles X, F-Zero GX Remastered, Fire Emblem Echoes 2 etc.

During the last investor meeting they confirmed that they were still developing Switch games beyond what is already announced.
🤴

team filler

• filler
  • filler
« Reply #12459 on: March 05, 2023, 06:48:16 PM »
so give me a nonportable switch  :stahp

james

« Reply #12460 on: March 06, 2023, 03:14:08 PM »
Now that the 3DS and Wii U stores and online services are shutting down (they closed up Mario Kart 8 + Splatoon yesterday and the store will close at the end of March) I'd like to see some kind of DS/3DS player for Switch (maybe just a Pro Controller with a touch screen) so games like A Link Between Worlds, Kirby's Canvas Curse and Samus Returns can be played on the Switch.

Considering all the online stuff I'm not sure what they'll do with Xenoblade Chronicles X. I'm thinking a 2024 release as to bridge the gap between XB3 and the new DLC story and XB4 if they plan to remaster it.
With Metroid Remastered and Fire Emblem Engage being finished for a year or so before release it's starting to look more and more like Nintendo just bumped up their entire schedule by a year due to COVID.

Wait they closed Splatoon online?

Wtf

james

« Reply #12461 on: March 06, 2023, 03:18:12 PM »
« Last Edit: March 06, 2023, 03:26:41 PM by james »

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #12462 on: March 07, 2023, 06:37:15 PM »
With the Wii U store closing and all people are finding out that most of them have died in storage

https://twitter.com/Toadsanime/status/1632762358345940992
🤴

james

« Reply #12463 on: March 07, 2023, 08:09:47 PM »
What kind of nutjob doesnt play their Wii U at least monthly?

Polident Hive

« Reply #12464 on: March 07, 2023, 09:13:47 PM »
That’s why I loaded it up. To back up the NAND for peace of mind. Like my schrodinger’s xbox, with its capacitor intact/exploded, the Wii U is stored away in a bin. Always working. Always bricked.

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #12465 on: March 08, 2023, 05:24:29 PM »
🤴

team filler

• filler
  • filler
« Reply #12466 on: March 08, 2023, 09:08:06 PM »
they could use the engine to make a kid icarus game, or maybe just some type of dlc with a kid icarus costume and wings  8)

linku has long hair like a super saiyan   :pimp

james

« Reply #12467 on: March 09, 2023, 12:18:32 AM »
That’s why I loaded it up. To back up the NAND for peace of mind. Like my schrodinger’s xbox, with its capacitor intact/exploded, the Wii U is stored away in a bin. Always working. Always bricked.

Reminds me of my Pokemon game boy games. I'm sure the battery in there is just fine keeping my save file safe. No need to check

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
🤴

HardcoreRetro

• Punk Mushi no Onna
« Reply #12470 on: March 09, 2023, 04:14:36 AM »
No part where you touch fuzzy, get dizzy. Bad track.

Svejk

« Reply #12471 on: March 10, 2023, 12:31:17 PM »
"Happy MAR10 day! To celebrate, we're offering a 30% discount on Mario Party!  Forget other Mario games, you still pay $60 for those. Enjoy!"
~Nintender

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #12472 on: March 10, 2023, 01:23:30 PM »
"Happy MAR10 day! To celebrate, we're offering a 30% discount on Mario Party!  Forget other Mario games, you still pay $60 for those. Enjoy!"
~Nintender

YOU'LL TAKE YOUR MARIO PARTY DISCOUNT AND LIKE IT

ど助平

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #12473 on: March 10, 2023, 06:09:15 PM »
They completely changed all the stats in Mario Kart 8. It's no longer Waluigi Wiggler being supreme, there's world records for all kinds of characters and kart combinations :pika

Also this is probably the best version of the Yoshi's Island track ever

POV

You're an IRS agent after a tax evading dinosaur
:lol
« Last Edit: March 10, 2023, 06:21:07 PM by Nintex »
🤴

HardcoreRetro

• Punk Mushi no Onna
« Reply #12474 on: March 11, 2023, 05:06:43 AM »
Reminded me of this. My favourite Nintendo tweet.

james

« Reply #12475 on: March 13, 2023, 02:34:25 PM »
TIL that it matters what character and cart you choose in MK

Bebpo

« Reply #12476 on: March 13, 2023, 08:02:18 PM »

Have you ever played a Mario Kart game long enough to pick two different characters?

Polident Hive

« Reply #12477 on: March 13, 2023, 08:45:52 PM »
Always bet on Yoshi.

HardcoreRetro

• Punk Mushi no Onna
« Reply #12478 on: March 14, 2023, 06:15:05 AM »
My choice for Mario Kart 8 was Daisy in the Teddy Buggy.

The MKTV quality was pretty damn bad.

james

« Reply #12479 on: March 14, 2023, 10:02:51 AM »

Have you ever played a Mario Kart game long enough to pick two different characters?

It's a children's game the whole point is to choose random characters and carts