Author Topic: Nintendo Switch Thread  (Read 945475 times)

Jenkem

• MARANAX INFIRMUX
Re: Nintendo Switch Thread
« Reply #2280 on: September 28, 2017, 02:12:18 PM »
GOLF STORY is so good!

Bebpo

« Reply #2281 on: September 28, 2017, 10:14:01 PM »
I got my Switch back that I lent out after I beat Zelda like half a year ago. What have I missed? I heard the Octopath demo is cool and Golf Story is cool. That about it?

tiesto

• ルカルカ★ナイトフィーバー
« Reply #2282 on: September 28, 2017, 10:24:20 PM »
I got my Switch back that I lent out after I beat Zelda like half a year ago. What have I missed? I heard the Octopath demo is cool and Golf Story is cool. That about it?

Splatoon 2, Puyo Puyo Tetris (If you don't have it on other platforms), a new Blaster Master, Neo Geo ports, a port of one of the Fate games of all things, and of course the Octopath demo.
^_^

fistfulofmetal

• RAPTOR
« Reply #2283 on: September 28, 2017, 10:44:41 PM »
GOLF STORY is so good!

yeah it's pretty great. tho i wish this dev made a Tennis Story game cuz that's my fav GBA sports RPG
nat

Cerveza mas fina

• I don't care for Islam tbqh
  • filler
« Reply #2284 on: September 29, 2017, 02:11:57 AM »
Is it actually an rpg?

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #2285 on: September 29, 2017, 07:44:50 AM »

FIRE EMBLEM MUSOU
Splatoon 2
Kamiko
Mario Kart 8 Deluxe
Pokken Tournament DX
Slime-San
Puyo Puyo Tetris
Super Bomberman R got updated and is good now
Wonder Boy The Dragon's Trap
Golf Story
Mighty Gunvolt Burst
Blaster Master Zero
DBZ Xenoverse 2
ARMS
Fast RMX
Mario + Rabbids Kingdom Battle
Azure Striker Gunvolt Striker Pack
Shantae 1/2 Genie Hero
ULTRA Street Fighter II
Sonic Mania
Fate Extella
GoNNER
...I can keep going.
« Last Edit: September 29, 2017, 07:53:04 AM by Dosukebe »
ど助平

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #2286 on: September 29, 2017, 07:46:13 AM »
Anyone try Thimbleweed Park on Switch yet? I was interested on PC but playing on Switch seems more appealing. Wondering how it fairs in handheld mode/if it uses touch controls

Not sure about touch controls (but I think I read it has them), but I got it and found it pretty easy to play with a controller.  You use the analog stick to move the cursor and can also use the d-pad to select the various menu actions, so it works well.
ど助平

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #2287 on: September 29, 2017, 07:52:45 AM »
Got Sine More EX yesterday but I haven't tried it yet.  Had to get a copy from Target.com since Amazon, Best Buy, Gamestop, and some other retailers all didn't get enough or any stock and seemed to not know when they were getting more.

EDIT: And I see it in stock now at Amazon.
:neogaf

And with this, I just looked at my list of games...I have 66 titles for the Switch already.  Holy shit.
« Last Edit: September 29, 2017, 08:59:14 AM by Dosukebe »
ど助平

Tasty

« Reply #2288 on: September 29, 2017, 11:19:57 AM »

FIRE EMBLEM MUSOU
Splatoon 2
Kamiko
Mario Kart 8 Deluxe
Pokken Tournament DX
Slime-San
Puyo Puyo Tetris
Super Bomberman R got updated and is good now
Wonder Boy The Dragon's Trap
Golf Story
Mighty Gunvolt Burst
Blaster Master Zero
DBZ Xenoverse 2
ARMS
Fast RMX
Mario + Rabbids Kingdom Battle
Azure Striker Gunvolt Striker Pack
Shantae 1/2 Genie Hero
ULTRA Street Fighter II
Sonic Mania
Fate Extella
GoNNER
...I can keep going.

Fucking Nintendo fanboy...

spoiler (click to show/hide)
;)
[close]

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #2289 on: September 29, 2017, 12:17:42 PM »
But only a few of those are from Nintendo!
:heyman
[close]
ど助平

agrajag

« Reply #2290 on: September 29, 2017, 12:21:18 PM »
Switch owners are starved for games, which is why Dosukebe bought 66  :doge

Jenkem

• MARANAX INFIRMUX
« Reply #2291 on: September 29, 2017, 08:26:41 PM »
Is it actually an rpg?

it's an RPG in the sense that you do quests, earn xp to level up (with 5 stats to put points into) and earn money (to buy new equipment) there are main quests you need to do to move on to the next course and side quests like challenges to earn money/xp

and there's a story

a slime appears

• retro king
« Reply #2292 on: September 29, 2017, 08:49:07 PM »
Holy shit, Golf RPG is fucking amazing.

AdmiralViscen

• Murdered in the digital realm
« Reply #2293 on: September 30, 2017, 10:07:34 AM »
More details please

Picross is really good. 150 standard puzzles and 150 Mega (clues that span two rows). More than half of each category is at least 15x15. Haven't tried co op yet.

archnemesis

« Reply #2294 on: September 30, 2017, 10:13:01 AM »
Picross is really good.
How well does it control without a stylus?

AdmiralViscen

« Reply #2295 on: September 30, 2017, 10:23:01 AM »
Just fine. I always use the dpad and buttons anyway though, even on DS.

You can edit the cursor speed with 5 options and it also uses a separate button for theories instead of making you press it twice.

fistfulofmetal

• RAPTOR
« Reply #2296 on: October 01, 2017, 12:03:10 PM »
Really loving Golf Story. Exactly the kind of thing I want on Switch.
nat

AdmiralViscen

« Reply #2297 on: October 01, 2017, 12:43:10 PM »
Did anyone actually take Rabbids to the end? I'm really feeling my interest wane in world 3.

archie4208

« Reply #2298 on: October 01, 2017, 12:55:58 PM »
I did.

archnemesis

« Reply #2299 on: October 01, 2017, 01:44:00 PM »
Did anyone actually take Rabbids to the end? I'm really feeling my interest wane in world 3.
I almost dropped it halfway through world 3 before giving it another chance. Now I'm at the world 3 boss and it's quite challenging with my current team. I think I need a better healer than Rabbid Luigi.

Olivia Wilde Homo

• Proud Kinkshamer
« Reply #2300 on: October 01, 2017, 01:46:52 PM »
I ragequit too much trying to three star the 200cc cups in MK8DX.  Now I'm playing Puyo Puyo Tetris.  I got the PS4 import a couple of years ago but I used to almost three star all the challenges and now I'm just getting one stars.  Did the conditions get more challenging or do I just suck at this game?

Edit: On one hand I'm jealous at how this guy seems to breeze through the bell cup but then again I see he maxed out at 10,000 coins.

Edit 2: I also wanted to mention how impressed I am by the Switch library.  Probably the most impressive Nintendo console lineup I've seen ever.  Better than the Wii, GC, Wii U (obviously lol), etc.
« Last Edit: October 01, 2017, 03:30:40 PM by Olivia Wilde Homo »
🍆🍆

Cerveza mas fina

• filler
« Reply #2301 on: October 01, 2017, 04:03:03 PM »
I think im done with MK8D, just so no fun getting hit by a blue shell in the last bend.

Def remember now that I preferred DKR (and F zero) over MK64

Got gold on all 150cc races and im done

Olivia Wilde Homo

• Proud Kinkshamer
« Reply #2302 on: October 03, 2017, 07:20:26 AM »
Last night for MK8DX I was on the egg cup on 200cc.  Got first place the first three races, then for the final track (Mute City), in the last stretch I got two blue shells and a red shell, moving from a strong 1st place down to 10th place.  It had been years since I felt like throwing a controller but I almost did it.  Well done, Nintendo.  I think I'm done with this game for a while.
🍆🍆

Cerveza mas fina

• filler
« Reply #2303 on: October 03, 2017, 10:08:34 AM »
MK8 is seriously unfun as that has nothing to do with skill anymore, its even worse then Hearthstone as you can bet you will get punished for riding in front, so ass

Golf Story so far is great fun though

Tasty

« Reply #2304 on: October 03, 2017, 05:33:10 PM »
200cc can be super BS based on the track, and still is somewhat BS overall.

150cc hits a good balance of fair and luck. The double item system is actually more fair because you can more easily get and hold onto a green shell or banana peel in first place. There's also the boombox item thing that kills Blue Shells. Because of all this, MK8DX is actually the most fair since the original, lol.

In any case trying to win the cups is a numbers game as it always has been. Put more time into it and you'll get it eventually, and gain a good amount of knowledge about the tracks themselves to boot.

Olivia Wilde Homo

• Proud Kinkshamer
« Reply #2305 on: October 06, 2017, 10:51:07 PM »
Got three stars on 200cc bell cup.  Now I can be done with Big Blue forever.  Fuck Big Blue.
🍆🍆

Tasty

« Reply #2306 on: October 07, 2017, 12:58:14 AM »
Got three stars on 200cc bell cup.  Now I can be done with Big Blue forever.  Fuck Big Blue.

Lol this is EXACTLY how I felt haha.

Can't wait to three star Egg and Triforce cups and say the same about the entire 200cc mode.
[close]

Olivia Wilde Homo

• Proud Kinkshamer
« Reply #2307 on: October 07, 2017, 10:50:46 AM »
Yeah I'm about halfway done with 200cc.  I just keep replaying the cup over and over until I three star it.  200cc has a lot of BS to it but eventually you'll triple star it if you don't make too many dumb mistakes.
🍆🍆

Cerveza mas fina

• filler
« Reply #2308 on: October 10, 2017, 03:22:07 AM »
This Stardew Valley is pressing all my buttons.

Fuck interacting with townsfolk I just want to setup modest farming system with minimum input needed to rake in the cash. Almost have all the sprinklers setup within the first year, have a tree garden where I tap maple syrup which needs little attention.

Then once this is setup I can focus on exploring that ass mine and see what else there is.

My daughter watches over my shoulder and just comments on the Scarecrow, also she likes to run around with the main dude.  :-* :-* :-* :-*

Golf Story is great too btw, on the second course now, but Stardew Valley is getting all my playtime now.

Freyj

« Reply #2309 on: October 11, 2017, 12:59:26 AM »
Stardew has completely taken over my free time.

I'm a Puppy!

• Knows the muffin man.
« Reply #2310 on: October 11, 2017, 01:55:29 AM »
I can't believe I'm actually thinking about buying one of these. I want to sell my Wii U...but Bayonetta...
que

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #2311 on: October 11, 2017, 09:34:01 AM »
I can't believe I'm actually thinking about buying one of these. I want to sell my Wii U...but Bayonetta...

I couldn't do it.  Happily ditched my 3DS stuff, but kept the Wii U.
ど助平

Yeti

• Hail Hydra
« Reply #2312 on: October 11, 2017, 10:35:18 AM »
I kind of want to get a Wii U, now that Switch is out have Wii Us gotten any cheaper anywhere?
WDW

demi

• cooler than willco
  • Administrator
« Reply #2313 on: October 11, 2017, 11:50:12 AM »
WiiUs are firesale, just hit up craigslist or facebook marketplace, guaranteed some single mom is selling that shit off.
fat

Trent Dole

• the sharpest tool in the shed
« Reply #2314 on: October 11, 2017, 03:14:46 PM »
WiiU is like 200 at gamestop but as dem said could probly buy one off a normie for hecka cheap.
Hi

nachobro

• Live Más
« Reply #2315 on: October 11, 2017, 04:49:25 PM »
Plus they are super easy to hack, so after buying like one DS game to get the hack to work everything else is free, including Virtual Console
« Last Edit: October 11, 2017, 04:53:34 PM by nachobro »

TakingBackSunday

• Banana Grabber
« Reply #2316 on: October 11, 2017, 05:23:01 PM »
Plus they are super easy to hack, so after buying like one DS game to get the hack to work everything else is free, including Virtual Console

nicca what I didn't know this
püp

AdmiralViscen

« Reply #2317 on: October 11, 2017, 05:56:25 PM »
You hack the Wii U with a DS game?

It needs to not be on the latest firmware as well, right?

naff

• someday you feed on a tree frog
« Reply #2318 on: October 11, 2017, 07:00:52 PM »
this looks p cool

◕‿◕

nachobro

• Live Más
« Reply #2319 on: October 11, 2017, 07:18:02 PM »

It's very easy and works best if you are on the latest firmware. You just need a Wii U, a 16 or 32gb SD card, a copy of Brain Age on your Wii U, and the guide here: https://wiiu.guide/

I also got a USB hard drive to copy games onto, but you can put it on your internal storage if you want. I went the route on there with Haxchi but did not so the Coldboot Haxchi step cause I didn't want to brick my system if I fucked up. The only difference that makes is you have to manually open the Haxchi (basically just the hack) app every time you start the Wii U. I also skipped the NAND backup cause all the hack is all stored on the SD card if you don't do the coldboot step.

To get all the games just download uTikDownloadHelper. This downloads the games directly from the Nintendo eShop servers (sidenote: :lol @ Nintendo security), so they are legit. It'll ask you a question the first time you open the downloader but just google the question and you'll get a URL. Put the URL in and you are set. So far the only games I've seen that don't work are Mass Effect and COD Ghosts. Otherwise everything seems to work great, even JP and EU games and all DLC/updates.

It will also just play any regular discs you have with no issue too. The only real downside is any previous save/update/DLC you have from a disc based game won't work with a pirated game.
« Last Edit: October 11, 2017, 07:23:35 PM by nachobro »

demi

• cooler than willco
  • Administrator
« Reply #2320 on: October 11, 2017, 07:29:05 PM »
Gross, stealing
fat

nachobro

• Live Más
« Reply #2321 on: October 11, 2017, 07:33:01 PM »
Selling almost all my Wii U games after hacking netted me a free Switch+Zelda though. :lol I did keep the important games however: Bayonetta 1+2 and Tokyo Mirage Sessions. And the dumb Animal Crossing party game that my wife loves.

I'm a Puppy!

• Knows the muffin man.
« Reply #2322 on: October 12, 2017, 08:55:03 PM »
Yeah, I'm thinking everything on the Wii U goes except for Smash and Bayonetta. I can't get rid of Bayonetta.
que

AdmiralViscen

« Reply #2323 on: October 12, 2017, 09:26:31 PM »

It's very easy and works best if you are on the latest firmware. You just need a Wii U, a 16 or 32gb SD card, a copy of Brain Age on your Wii U, and the guide here: https://wiiu.guide/

I also got a USB hard drive to copy games onto, but you can put it on your internal storage if you want. I went the route on there with Haxchi but did not so the Coldboot Haxchi step cause I didn't want to brick my system if I fucked up. The only difference that makes is you have to manually open the Haxchi (basically just the hack) app every time you start the Wii U. I also skipped the NAND backup cause all the hack is all stored on the SD card if you don't do the coldboot step.

To get all the games just download uTikDownloadHelper. This downloads the games directly from the Nintendo eShop servers (sidenote: :lol @ Nintendo security), so they are legit. It'll ask you a question the first time you open the downloader but just google the question and you'll get a URL. Put the URL in and you are set. So far the only games I've seen that don't work are Mass Effect and COD Ghosts. Otherwise everything seems to work great, even JP and EU games and all DLC/updates.

It will also just play any regular discs you have with no issue too. The only real downside is any previous save/update/DLC you have from a disc based game won't work with a pirated game.

You need to open the hack every time you turn the Wii U on to use hack features, or to avoid problems even if you are just playing normally?

Cerveza mas fina

• filler
« Reply #2324 on: October 13, 2017, 02:36:46 AM »
First winter in Stardew Valley. Finally discovered how the elevator works in the mines which has hampered my progress so far as I've been down from 1 to 10 at least 6/7 times before getting it. Now I'm down to level 35. Still no Iron or gold... how deep does this shit go?

Discovered that at some point you pass out and get a 1000g bill for that, also discovered that if you pass out in your home you won't get the bill just a slight energy loss. (I made it to one square in front of the bed...)

It's nice playing this game without any guides or tips, the fun is in the discovery, once you got everything figured out you will probably get bored. I only look up things I can't figure out.

nachobro

• Live Más
« Reply #2325 on: October 13, 2017, 09:47:16 AM »
You need to open the hack every time you turn the Wii U on to use hack features, or to avoid problems even if you are just playing normally?
To use hack features you just start the hack app. If you just want to play with a normal disc you don't have to do anything.

BobFromPikeCreek

« Reply #2326 on: October 13, 2017, 03:38:07 PM »
This downloads the games directly from the Nintendo eShop servers

What? Really? That seems ballsy.
zzzzz

Rufus

• 🙈🙉🙊
« Reply #2327 on: October 13, 2017, 03:49:31 PM »
This downloads the games directly from the Nintendo eShop servers

What? Really? That seems ballsy.
Client side authentication. :japancry

Gotta wonder if the know-how over there is just not there or so scarce as to be too expensive.
« Last Edit: October 13, 2017, 04:04:16 PM by Rufus »

AdmiralViscen

« Reply #2328 on: October 13, 2017, 07:21:08 PM »
Can you get shit off the standard Wii shop they are sunsetting using the same thing?

Olivia Wilde Homo

• Proud Kinkshamer
« Reply #2329 on: October 13, 2017, 08:53:25 PM »

Fucking finally
🍆🍆

Tasty

« Reply #2330 on: October 13, 2017, 10:20:22 PM »
:bow

Olivia Wilde Homo

• Proud Kinkshamer
« Reply #2331 on: October 13, 2017, 11:46:41 PM »
I used Gold Mario, Mr. Scooty, Rollers, and the Flower Glider.

Now I'm done with Mario Kart for the next several years.  The cup that gave me the most grief was not Egg or Crossing cups but the fucking Banana cup.  Those courses all tended to be small with sharp turns.
🍆🍆

Tasty

« Reply #2332 on: October 14, 2017, 12:12:42 AM »
I never really liked it buy 200cc made me fucking despite Cheese Land.

That course was not made for 12 racers, lmao.

I'm a Puppy!

• Knows the muffin man.
« Reply #2333 on: October 14, 2017, 12:16:37 PM »
So broke down and bought one yesterday with Mario Kart.
Anything on the eshop I should get? I was thinking Stardew Valley. What about Golf Story, is that any good? Anything else I should be sure to get?
que

nachobro

• Live Más
« Reply #2334 on: October 14, 2017, 12:53:04 PM »
Golf Story, Steamworld Dig 2, and Fast RMX are all solid titles

TakingBackSunday

• Banana Grabber
« Reply #2335 on: October 14, 2017, 01:23:30 PM »
I'd throw shovel knight in there if you've never played it
püp

archnemesis

« Reply #2336 on: October 14, 2017, 02:38:47 PM »
Picross S and Mario+Rabbids are both really good.

Golf Story is on the top of my list. I'll probably buy it tonight.

Freyj

« Reply #2337 on: October 14, 2017, 04:46:04 PM »
The Switch is quickly becoming my most played gaming device. Between Stardew, Mario+Rabbids, Golf Story, Steamworld Dig 2, Sonic Mania and Odyssey I don't know that I'll have time for much else.

First winter in Stardew Valley. Finally discovered how the elevator works in the mines which has hampered my progress so far as I've been down from 1 to 10 at least 6/7 times before getting it. Now I'm down to level 35. Still no Iron or gold... how deep does this shit go?

Discovered that at some point you pass out and get a 1000g bill for that, also discovered that if you pass out in your home you won't get the bill just a slight energy loss. (I made it to one square in front of the bed...)

It's nice playing this game without any guides or tips, the fun is in the discovery, once you got everything figured out you will probably get bored. I only look up things I can't figure out.

The mine goes to 120, but there are other dungeons that go further. One that's infinite.

Iron starts around 40 I believe. Gold around 80.
[close]

I'm a Puppy!

• Knows the muffin man.
« Reply #2338 on: October 14, 2017, 05:41:29 PM »
I'd throw shovel knight in there if you've never played it
Oh, I've been on the Shovel Knight train since it launched. I think I'll go for Golf Story
que

Olivia Wilde Homo

• Proud Kinkshamer
« Reply #2339 on: October 15, 2017, 09:28:18 AM »
I never really liked it buy 200cc made me fucking despite Cheese Land.

That course was not made for 12 racers, lmao.

There are a lot of courses I despise because of all the BS and Cheese Land is definitely one of them.  Ice Ice Outpost and Donut Plains are two other courses that I really dislike.

I still don't have the gold wheels and gold glider.  I'm only at around 3000 coins so I'm not sure it's worth it to get 2000 more coins and I guess I could plow through the 150cc staff ghosts some afternoon.  Then again both should be easier than triple starring the 200cc cups, which give you absolutely no reward in return.  Shit, they at least could have slapped together a Platinum Mario or something.
🍆🍆