Author Topic: Nintendo Switch Thread  (Read 944306 times)

archie4208

Re: Nintendo Switch Thread
« Reply #2640 on: January 11, 2018, 09:37:43 AM »
I'm buying Hyrule Warriors for the 3rd time (:fbm) and Kirby looks cute, otherwise that was underwhelming considering the hype.

I wish Nintendo would port something like FE Fates or the Tellius saga to Switch.  :maf

Purple Filth

• This cosmic dance of bursting decadence and withheld permissions twists all our arms collectively, but if sweetness can win—and it can—then I'll still be here tomorrow to high-five you yesterday, my friend. Peace
« Reply #2641 on: January 11, 2018, 09:53:27 AM »
Can't wait till Tasty suddenly becomes the biggest Dark Souls stan :jawalrus

For real though now I get to finally play World Ends With You and I have a new excuse to replay Souls. That's cool, might check you Ys and I'll probably pick up Hyrule Warriors because I want to point at things I recognize and clap.

He already did it with Monster Hunter  :lol

Also intrigued by the World ends with you port since i liked what i had played of the ds version so long ago.

demi

• cooler than willco
  • Administrator
« Reply #2642 on: January 11, 2018, 09:58:16 AM »
- Meh, another TWEWY port
- Kirby is kirby
- WiiU ports are GOOD, I actually support this. Will buy Hyrule Warriors and Tropical Freeze since I hardly/never even got to play them.
- Dark Souls is on X1, but portable Dark Souls is cool.
- Odyssey and Rabbids updates are fart
- Glad they are -finally- doing something with Mario Tennis. Just give it an RPG mode like Camelot did........
fat

Tasty

« Reply #2643 on: January 11, 2018, 09:58:16 AM »
There was hype for this thing? I was barely even aware it was rumored to be coming.

Surprises :rejoice

You guys are also bring needlessly mean about the MH thing. MH5 (in all but name) is coming out and I'm getting a PS4 for it (and some others.) Yes, I wasn't there for Monster Hunter 1 or 2, but how many current fans of Final Fantasy weren't "there" for the early installments? Were fans who got started with FF7 derided like this?

It's really tiring and childish.

« Reply #2644 on: January 11, 2018, 10:02:35 AM »
I expected bunch of things to be announced because it's the january Direct, then saw it was a mini Direct that came outta nowhere and expected nothing, so I still got a bit surprised in the end

TWEWY specially. I SERIOUSLY hope they're doing this because they have a sequel in the works. I had given up hope on this after the mobile fiasco out but it seems good things come to those who wait

Also they mentioned this is the first Mario Tennis with a story mode since the GBA game but this is nothing like it. Where's my tennis academy full of anime characters completely unrelated to Mario?

Purple Filth

• This cosmic dance of bursting decadence and withheld permissions twists all our arms collectively, but if sweetness can win—and it can—then I'll still be here tomorrow to high-five you yesterday, my friend. Peace
« Reply #2645 on: January 11, 2018, 11:15:30 AM »
There was hype for this thing? I was barely even aware it was rumored to be coming.

You guys are also bring needlessly mean about the MH thing. MH5 (in all but name) is coming out and I'm getting a PS4 for it (and some others.) Yes, I wasn't there for Monster Hunter 1 or 2, but how many current fans of Final Fantasy weren't "there" for the early installments? Were fans who got started with FF7 derided like this?

Some were at some point but its usually from older "get off my lawn" types who played in the nes/super generation

Also i'm just giving you shit as per usual.  :doge

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #2646 on: January 11, 2018, 11:40:04 AM »
That Direct Mini

HYPE.  So much hype.  And most of this stuff is out in the next few months!

Even closer to ditching my Wii U.  Just announce a few more ports, Nintendo...
« Last Edit: January 11, 2018, 11:49:18 AM by Dos Locos Tacos »
ど助平

Corporal

« Reply #2647 on: January 11, 2018, 11:48:45 AM »
Eh, that was actually rather OK.

...Switch is getting an exceedingly large amount of ports, it seems. Not that I'm against that, but it's kinda striking.

That said, sigh. Re-buying ported games leaves such an empty feeling. Meh.

Buying Hyrule Warriors, again. Yay for ogling Animu tits in HD. Err, I mean, yay for a beefier hardware underpinning. Hope they tweak the fairy system a bit. Will be kind of a pain without the second screen, probably. I wonder how this is gonna sell after the FE:W bomba.

Buying TWEWY, again. Practically the only game from Belts-and-Zippers-sama that I can stomach. Not my kinda music either, for the most part, but this might be giving us a proper link to a sequel. Which is always appreciated. Gonna have to prime myself with some proper japanophile entertainment before tackling this.

Maybe I'll even buy Tropical Freeze. I'm indifferent to the DK franchise and currently not really hurting for more platforming, no matter how excellent. However, it's a fun game from what I'm reading. We'll see.

Also not sure about DS. I passed on the entire souls/bourne franchise line after playing around with DS on PS3 for a while. Maybe I should give it another chance, but I'm not terribly excited, particularly not about DS on the go.

Also, Kirby. Yay. How many Kirby games have I bought and not finished in recent years, I wonder. Am thrilled that I get another chance.
!list

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #2648 on: January 11, 2018, 11:51:38 AM »
Buying Hyrule Warriors, again. Yay for ogling Animu tits in HD. Err, I mean, yay for a beefier hardware underpinning. Hope they tweak the fairy system a bit. Will be kind of a pain without the second screen, probably. I wonder how this is gonna sell after the FE:W bomba.

What I would like to know is if this just the content from Hyrule Warriors on 3DS or the added gameplay as well.  They changed up the game on 3DS and made it play more like Samurai Warriors Chronicles (I.E. more strategy elements with commanding and switching between multiple characters- basically what Fire Emblem Warriors was).  This would be a welcome edition to this port.

As for the other stuff...I haven't played most of those ports, so I'm pretty happy to see them coming.
« Last Edit: January 11, 2018, 11:57:20 AM by Dos Locos Tacos »
ど助平

TakingBackSunday

• Banana Grabber
« Reply #2649 on: January 11, 2018, 11:53:38 AM »
Tropical Freeze is fucking incredible, everyone buy it
püp

« Reply #2650 on: January 11, 2018, 12:15:22 PM »

I really don't care and am not looking to poke fun, but FF7 isn't a good example because you were actually around for Monster Hunter 1 and 2, you just didn't care about them since they weren't on a Nintendo platform.
野球

Tasty

« Reply #2651 on: January 11, 2018, 12:49:06 PM »

I really don't care and am not looking to poke fun, but FF7 isn't a good example because you were actually around for Monster Hunter 1 and 2, you just didn't care about them since they weren't on a Nintendo platform.

I think it's fair to say that almost nobody in the west cared about MH1 or 2.

Freedom Unite might be a better example but even fewer people had PSPs than PS2s.

The narrative that I'm trying to revenge-fuck Sony or something over MH "switching sides" with Tri is petty and inaccurate. Tri caught my attention because it was on a system I owned, but it kept my attention because it's a fundamentally amazing game that I genuinely enjoy playing.

This insinuation that I only enjoy it because it's on a Nintendo system is distinguished mentally-challenged and people saying it can get fucked.

agrajag

« Reply #2652 on: January 11, 2018, 12:56:40 PM »
I pretty much skipped Wii U, so bring on the ports! Can't wait to play Tropical Freeze, Bayonettas. Might check out Hyrule Warriors, though I never saw the appeal of musou games. Hope they port over or make a sequel to Mario Maker too.

demi

• cooler than willco
  • Administrator
« Reply #2653 on: January 11, 2018, 12:59:19 PM »
Hyrule Warriors is great for non-musou fans. In fact anything not Dynasty Warriors is good. Because you understand and know the universe and characters.

- DragonQuest Heroes
- Fire Emblem
- Zelda
fat

agrajag

« Reply #2654 on: January 11, 2018, 01:16:11 PM »
Hyrule Warriors is great for non-musou fans. In fact anything not Dynasty Warriors is good. Because you understand and know the universe and characters.

- DragonQuest Heroes
- Fire Emblem
- Zelda

Yeah, I'm in. Especially since BotW didn't really scratch my Zelda combat itch with its poor enemy variety.

I'm a Puppy!

• Knows the muffin man.
« Reply #2655 on: January 11, 2018, 01:56:03 PM »
man, all that hype for that?
I mean I love TWEWY and every port they get away from the Wii U is one step closer to me being able to toss mine. So that's good too.
Dark Souls...OK, maybe the portability factor.
I happy, but not ecstatic like others.
que

BobFromPikeCreek

« Reply #2656 on: January 11, 2018, 02:23:26 PM »
Just finished Tropical Freeze the other day. Get it folks, it's the real deal.
zzzzz

Great Rumbler

• Dab on the sinners
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #2657 on: January 11, 2018, 02:40:08 PM »
Definitely gonna get those WiiU ports and new Mario Tennis, Dragon Quest Builders is nice but I don't feel too compelled to play it more/again after beating the PS4 version, and interested in seeing if that new Kirby is gonna be any good.
dog

fistfulofmetal

• RAPTOR
« Reply #2658 on: January 11, 2018, 02:44:03 PM »
If that Mario Tennis has a good RPG story mode I'll be over it.
nat

Cerveza mas fina

• I don't care for Islam tbqh
  • filler
« Reply #2659 on: January 11, 2018, 03:12:58 PM »
Want:
-tropical freeze
-hyrule warriors maybe
-dark souls
-mario tennis maybe

Yeti

• Hail Hydra
« Reply #2660 on: January 11, 2018, 03:36:15 PM »
Does Wii U have any good games left that haven't been ported to the Switch?
WDW

Joe Molotov

• I'm much more humble than you would understand.
  • Administrator
« Reply #2661 on: January 11, 2018, 03:39:45 PM »

Captain Toad, Tokyo Mirage Session, Smash, Mario Maker, Xenoblade X would all be nice to get ports of.
©@©™

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #2662 on: January 11, 2018, 03:43:31 PM »
man, all that hype for that?

What hype?  We didn't know anything was coming, lol.  It's nice to get a little trailer reel of stuff coming soon and I hope Nintendo keeps this momentum going.

Captain Toad, Tokyo Mirage Session, Smash, Mario Maker, Xenoblade X would all be nice to get ports of.

Pretty much the exact list of games I'd like to see on the Switch so I can get rid of my Wii U.  Maybe add 3D World too.

Still surprised that they haven't announced a Smash port yet.  Maybe they're just going right for the sequel?  Same with Mario Maker.

Would also love to see the Fatal Frame game get a port...especially since it was digital only in North America.
ど助平

Great Rumbler

• Dab on the sinners
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #2663 on: January 11, 2018, 03:48:25 PM »
Of those five, I'd say that Smash and Mario Maker are no-brainers and I'm a little surprised that Nintendo didn't announce them today. Probably saving them for E3 or something.
dog

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #2664 on: January 11, 2018, 03:49:55 PM »
Didn't we already see a Mario Maker mock-up being played in a Switch preview video last year, too?
ど助平

Bebpo

« Reply #2665 on: January 11, 2018, 03:54:57 PM »
XBX is probably coming. If the next get from Monolithsoft is XBX ep2 (XBXX), they'll port XBX first.

Tasty

« Reply #2666 on: January 11, 2018, 03:57:05 PM »

Smash!!
NSMBU/Luigi U were really good.
Xenoblade X maybe?

Mario Maker is almost definitely in the works. Actually, any Wii U game that was ported to 3DS is probably a safe bet (like Hyrule Warriors was.)

I'd really love to see Wind Waker and Twilight Princess HD make the jump too.

Otherwise... yeah. The amount of Wii U to Switch ports is pretty crazy. :lol

Mario Kart 8
Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze
Bayonetta 1 and 2
Hyrule Warriors
Rayman Legends
Resident Evil: Revelations

Just in the first year.

« Reply #2667 on: January 11, 2018, 03:59:08 PM »
There's also Wonderful 101. I'd expect Smash as long as they don't announce an actual sequel like Splatoon, but we're more likely to get the port sometime this year and Smash 5 in 2020 or something. Like Mario Kart 8

Though it is weird they still haven't announced Mario Maker with extra content

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #2668 on: January 11, 2018, 04:33:08 PM »
Rayman Legends
Resident Evil: Revelations

I hesitate to call these Wii U ports since they came out pretty much everything else.  But still ports regardless, lol.  Although Resident Evil: Revelations 2 did not come out on the Wii U, so that's a first time Nintendo platform release.

There's also Wonderful 101.

Forgot all about this!

And what about DEVIL'S THIRD?! 
:itagaki

spoiler (click to show/hide)
No, please don't.  PLS.
[close]
ど助平

Let's Cyber

• Banned (duration pending)
« Reply #2669 on: January 11, 2018, 04:35:22 PM »
These Wii U ports are a good thing.  A lot of players are being introduced to these games for the first time. I'm down for both Hyrule Warriors and Tropical Freeze.

I don't see why anyone is against it, other than the poor saps who actually paid for a Wii U to begin with.

:ufup

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #2670 on: January 11, 2018, 04:44:16 PM »
 :ufup :umad

Jim Sterling says the ports are a good thing.  That's it...it has been decided.  End of story.
:bolo
ど助平

demi

• cooler than willco
  • Administrator
« Reply #2671 on: January 11, 2018, 04:55:14 PM »
Captain Toad is perfect for Switch it's a no braiiiiiiner
fat

Tasty

« Reply #2672 on: January 11, 2018, 05:15:54 PM »
And what about DEVIL'S THIRD?! 
:itagaki

No, please don't.  PLS.
[close]

Devin's Fourth :rejoice :nintendo

Tasty

« Reply #2673 on: January 11, 2018, 05:17:01 PM »
Seeing bork become a full-on Switch fanboy has been pretty great I have to be honest. :lol

Tasty

« Reply #2674 on: January 11, 2018, 05:22:00 PM »

Vertigo

« Reply #2675 on: January 11, 2018, 06:57:52 PM »
Tbh the ports situations isn't too bad.

My Switch isn't my main console but it does well for what it is. I can also take it to work and play in the downtime, for that even the sometimes inferior graphics are tolerable.

paprikastaude

« Reply #2676 on: January 11, 2018, 07:03:00 PM »
These Wii U ports are a good thing.  A lot of players are being introduced to these games for the first time. I'm down for both Hyrule Warriors and Tropical Freeze.

I don't see why anyone is against it, other than the poor saps who actually paid for a Wii U to begin with.

Worst gaming purchase I ever made. Launch day nonetheless, that's where distinguished mentally-challenged brand loyalty gets you  :fbm I don't think there's anything of value left on WiiU, except maybe the superior way of playing ZombiU.

thisismyusername

• GunOn™! Apply directly to forehead!
« Reply #2677 on: January 11, 2018, 07:16:16 PM »
Ports sound good. But the fact that Dark Souls is not locked 60 720p in portable mode (apparently it's locked 60 in 1080p, they didn't give anything about portable at least from what I've read) makes me leery. Plus, if I want to play the 6-player mode, I can just get the PC version.

Good to see third parties still porting shit, though. Makes the console/handheld almost worth getting.

Rahxephon91

« Reply #2678 on: January 11, 2018, 07:35:18 PM »
Nothing really exciting from this except The World Ends With You. Kind of lame honestly at all the ports.

I'm a Puppy!

• Knows the muffin man.
« Reply #2679 on: January 11, 2018, 07:43:49 PM »
I just need Smash, Mario Maker and NSMB U for the Switch, and I can get rid of it once Bayonetta Switch lands.
que

nachobro

• Live Más
« Reply #2680 on: January 11, 2018, 08:05:10 PM »
I dunno how well Mario Maker would work on Switch. The Wii U was mostly distinguished mentally-challenged but having the touchscreen in the controller and the level on the TV was great for making levels.

TEEEPO

• hi, i suck
« Reply #2681 on: January 11, 2018, 09:08:01 PM »
i never owned a console with a wii in the title so i'm more than okay with these ports

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #2682 on: January 11, 2018, 09:46:57 PM »
Seeing bork become a full-on Switch fanboy has been pretty great I have to be honest. :lol

Of course I'm a fan of the Vita 2.   
:rollsafe

Dunno if I'm gonna care as much about it once the GPD WIN 2 drops.
[close]
« Last Edit: January 11, 2018, 09:53:46 PM by Dos Locos Tacos »
ど助平

kingv

« Reply #2683 on: January 11, 2018, 10:29:14 PM »

Worst gaming purchase I ever made. Launch day nonetheless, that's where distinguished mentally-challenged brand loyalty gets you  :fbm I don't think there's anything of value left on WiiU, except maybe the superior way of playing ZombiU.

I bought my Wii U late and got my money’s worth. Of course, that’s because I was catching up on like the first 3 years of Wii U games all in one go.

Bayonetta 2 was the one title that made it worthwhile for me. Once that was announced for switch was when I was ready to dump the Wii U.

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #2684 on: January 11, 2018, 10:51:23 PM »

I bought my Wii U late and got my money’s worth. Of course, that’s because I was catching up on like the first 3 years of Wii U games all in one go.

Bayonetta 2 was the one title that made it worthwhile for me. Once that was announced for switch was when I was ready to dump the Wii U.

Same here.  I bought the Wii U in 2014 after games like Bayonetta 2, Mario Kart 8, Smash, and Hyrule Warriors were announced. 
ど助平

kingv

« Reply #2685 on: January 11, 2018, 11:37:14 PM »
I never Picked up Hyrule warriors. That’s the one port that’s announced that I’m still looking forward to. Tropical Freeze is an rxcellent game, but I don’t really care to pay $60 to play it again.

Fire Emblem Tokyo whatever and XBX would be the other games I would buy again.

I understand why people hate on Wii U, but I played the shit out of that thing through 2014 and the first half of 2016.

I would have told you it had the best library of the next gen systems pretty well into 2015, just on the back of the 10-20 great games on it, and the mostly lackluster PS4 and Xbox One lineups.

It also helped that I never owned a Wii, so I was also plugging through the mario galaxy games, Wii Punchout, and a few other Wii exclusives I’d always wanted to play.

I’m sort of curious if it will end up being a collectors item in 15 years. Not that many were made compared to a lot of consoles, and it is kind of an oddball console with great games. Now that most of its library is being ported to the switch, it probably makes it less attractive though.

Edit 2: I also really liked The Nintendo rewards system they had back st the beginning of Wii U, as well as Miiverse. The idea of miiverse was pretty creative. I’m kind of disappointed something like that is not on switch.
« Last Edit: January 11, 2018, 11:50:28 PM by kingv »

Sho Nuff

• o/~ TOUCH ME AND I'LL BREAK YOUR FACE o/~
« Reply #2686 on: January 12, 2018, 12:54:03 AM »
I bought a Weeoo because I'm a fucking idiot. I played the shit out of Zelda on it tho. Not the worst purchase but in my top 5 worst purchases right below the Magnavox VIS

paprikastaude

« Reply #2687 on: January 12, 2018, 06:26:42 AM »
It also helped that I never owned a Wii,

Definitely a major qualification to like that trash console. People praising the likes of Donkey Kong and New Mario Bros. and I was playing them feeling like "I've already seen all of this in near identical form".
WiiU was mostly a rehash of Wii content, except it was missing all the cool creative stuff, plus tons of major 1st party IPs that were still coming out a generation earlier. And now the console keeps haunting me with being shit, because I can't in good faith pick up Mario Odyssey for 350 bucks, while the rest of Switch consists of the one and a half worthwhile games that I already have on WiiU.
« Last Edit: January 12, 2018, 06:32:36 AM by Spieler1 »

Brehvolution

• Until at last, I threw down my enemy and smote his ruin upon the mountainside.
« Reply #2688 on: January 12, 2018, 01:18:36 PM »
Marty Friedman is still big in Japan, huh?

I was wondering if that was him. He is a god to me just for his work on Megadeth's Rust in Peace. :bow
©ZH

kingv

« Reply #2689 on: January 12, 2018, 04:44:35 PM »

Definitely a major qualification to like that trash console. People praising the likes of Donkey Kong and New Mario Bros. and I was playing them feeling like "I've already seen all of this in near identical form".
WiiU was mostly a rehash of Wii content, except it was missing all the cool creative stuff, plus tons of major 1st party IPs that were still coming out a generation earlier. And now the console keeps haunting me with being shit, because I can't in good faith pick up Mario Odyssey for 350 bucks, while the rest of Switch consists of the one and a half worthwhile games that I already have on WiiU.

Funny enough, I avoided the Wii because I hated the nunchuck + Wiimote as being dumb shit for casuals.

Then 10 years later I’m playing Galaxy 2 on the Wii U thinking that controller was the best ting that ever happened to video games and wishing for something similar on pc (nunchuck + mouse).
I’m
I will say I really liked playing through the Wii ghostbusters game with my kid on the Wii U with my kid. She could understand pointing the wiimote to trap ghosts, and I moved the
Character.

Trent Dole

• the sharpest tool in the shed
« Reply #2690 on: January 12, 2018, 05:24:57 PM »
Marty Friedman is still big in Japan, huh?

I was wondering if that was him. He is a god to me just for his work on Megadeth's Rust in Peace. :bow
I came upon some video on YT a while ago with a Megadeth guy explaining how JPs friggin love jazz, all their musicians study jazz theory, and how that swang and variance makes their music sound a bit different from what the west generally pumps out in its mainstream. Must've been him, guess I can go find that again.
Hi

paprikastaude

« Reply #2691 on: January 12, 2018, 05:53:07 PM »

Funny enough, I avoided the Wii because I hated the nunchuck + Wiimote as being dumb shit for casuals.

Then 10 years later I’m playing Galaxy 2 on the Wii U thinking that controller was the best ting that ever happened to video games and wishing for something similar on pc (nunchuck + mouse).
I’m
I will say I really liked playing through the Wii ghostbusters game with my kid on the Wii U with my kid. She could understand pointing the wiimote to trap ghosts, and I moved the
Character.

Play Sin & Punishment 2 with Wiimote.

team filler

• filler
  • filler
« Reply #2692 on: January 12, 2018, 06:21:33 PM »
wiimote+nunchuk combo for life! Not great for every game and genre, but mostly I loved it. wiiU should have kept that going, instead they gave us the clunky tablet controller.

For some reason I will always prefer n64 controller for mario kart. it's like a gamecube controller and smash for me.
« Last Edit: January 13, 2018, 03:07:35 AM by filler »

kingv

« Reply #2693 on: January 12, 2018, 06:26:48 PM »
I dumped my Wii U and most of the accessories once Bayonetta 2 was announced for the switch. I would probably be irrationally happy, however, if Nintendo announced Wii ports for the switch.

I’m not sure how well the switch remotes could actually function as wiimotes. I know they don’t have the same pointer functionality, but I’m not sure if maybe that could be approximated somehow with the IR sensor it does have and presumably more accurate gyro.

« Reply #2694 on: January 12, 2018, 08:24:41 PM »
I would probably be irrationally happy, however, if Nintendo announced Wii ports for the switch.

Sin & Punishment when

Cerveza mas fina

• I don't care for Islam tbqh
  • filler
« Reply #2695 on: January 13, 2018, 03:02:49 AM »
Dark Souls will retail for 40.

Olivia Wilde Homo

• Proud Kinkshamer
« Reply #2696 on: January 13, 2018, 09:21:44 AM »
Pretty solid lineup from the Direct.  A lot of ports but I'll take the ports over nothing.  I'll probably get most of them anyway :doge

The last two Mario Tennis games were really half assed so it will be good if they put their full effort into it for this go around.
🍆🍆

agrajag

« Reply #2697 on: January 13, 2018, 12:12:29 PM »
I'm trying to play the Dragon Quest demo, and all the text boxes are killing me, it's excruciating.

I'm a Puppy!

• Knows the muffin man.
« Reply #2698 on: January 13, 2018, 12:22:33 PM »
I'm trying to play the Dragon Quest demo, and all the text boxes are killing me, it's excruciating.
Stick with it. The tutorial level does a lot of that. But it was one of goty last year.
que

agrajag

« Reply #2699 on: January 13, 2018, 12:40:28 PM »
Yeah, I'll keep playing. The tutorial just game me Twilight Princess PTSD is all