Author Topic: Nintendo Switch Thread  (Read 945162 times)

Olivia Wilde Homo

• Proud Kinkshamer
Re: Nintendo Switch Thread
« Reply #2580 on: December 20, 2017, 07:01:04 PM »
Super Mario RPG isn't very good but every Paper Mario and Mario & Luigi game is worse, except for The Thousand Year Door, which kicked ass.
🍆🍆

Great Rumbler

• Dab on the sinners
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #2581 on: December 20, 2017, 07:18:52 PM »
The focus is on "serious" fighting so no items or stage gimmicks.

:nope
dog

I'm a Puppy!

• Knows the muffin man.
« Reply #2582 on: December 20, 2017, 07:31:39 PM »
Super Mario RPG is a nostalgia thing. Back in the day you were able to overlook its short comings, because it did stuff you hadn't seen before. Now, you've seen it all and have seen it all done better.
que

team filler

• filler
  • filler
« Reply #2583 on: December 20, 2017, 07:36:34 PM »
nah, it's still great and the music holds up very well.

nachobro

• Live Más
« Reply #2584 on: December 20, 2017, 08:04:37 PM »
Super Mario RPG :lawd
90s Square :playa
:rejoice  :bow Nintendo :bow2 :rejoice

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #2585 on: December 21, 2017, 08:16:41 AM »
Slain got a patch last night.  Read that it was supposed to fix things and run at 60 FPS.  I see no difference whatsoever and it still runs like shit.  I hope this was a mistake and the 60 FPS patch is the next one or something.  :-\

ARMS is getting a version 5.0 update and another new character today!  :hyper
https://twitter.com/NintendoEurope/status/942303353324761091?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw&ref_url=http%3A%2F%2Fshoryuken.com%2F2017%2F12%2F17%2Fnintendo-drops-trailer-for-arms-version-5-teases-new-fighter-and-stage-will-release-within-this-year%2F
« Last Edit: December 21, 2017, 08:20:55 AM by Dos Locos Tacos »
ど助平

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #2586 on: December 21, 2017, 09:36:38 PM »
ど助平

Corporal

« Reply #2587 on: December 22, 2017, 05:35:12 AM »
So, here I am, still fucking around in chapter five of XBC2. Should I waste twenty bucks on the season pass and then download the new update, or can I BOHICA later on like a good little consumer whore and still retroactively get the goodies from this patch?

Because I'm not really feeling any interest in playing any more Tora Tora. Or was that Tiger Tiger. Whatever. Ten times was enough.
« Last Edit: December 22, 2017, 05:40:00 AM by Corporal »
!list

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #2588 on: December 28, 2017, 12:07:58 PM »
Some recent Switch releases:

Slain (v1.0.2): The dev is touting this as the 60 FPS patch that fixes everything, but...nope.  Still feels choppy compared to other versions of this game.  Fix yo shit.

Heart And Slash: 3D action/rogue-lite style game where you play as a robot and traverse through dungeons fighting randomly-spawning enemies.  The play style is like a character action game (like DMC) but you start over when you die like you would in a rogue-like game.  Seems pretty cool with a cel-shaded look and good music!

Guns, Gore, And Cannoli: A 2D Contra-style shooter where you play as a mobster (or some other characters with skin changes) in the 1920s, killing zombies.  Visually looks like a flash or Unity developed title, but it has pretty decent presentation and plays well enough.  A sequel is already in development for PC.

Blossom Tales: Zelda LttP clone with the tired "HD 8-bit" style sprite art style that so many games use nowadays.  Plays well and seems to have good dungeon design though.

ACA VS. Super Mario Bros.: ...It's Super Mario Bros.  Some minor differences from the original game but this is another perfect arcade/NES port. 

LFO Lost Future Omega: Japanese eShop-only release (for now?).  This just came out in the last day- basically a simplistic Rez clone for 800 yen.  Am downloading it now.
« Last Edit: December 28, 2017, 12:25:11 PM by Dos Locos Tacos »
ど助平

Rahxephon91

« Reply #2589 on: December 28, 2017, 04:10:40 PM »
Well now that I'm done with XB2 and hated it, I kind of wonder what was the point of buying a Switch. Seems like a waste. Hopefully Bayonetta and SMT are good and come out soonish.

kingv

« Reply #2590 on: January 05, 2018, 11:59:17 AM »
Just saw that Nintendo NorwY is saying Bayonetta 3 and Metroid Prime 4 are coming in 2018 in a press release

Edit: or maybe not. There seems to be some debate.
« Last Edit: January 05, 2018, 12:03:19 PM by kingv »

Great Rumbler

• Dab on the sinners
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #2591 on: January 05, 2018, 03:12:01 PM »
I could see those two making an appearance at E3 and then possibly getting a late-2018 release. But I definitely wouldn't be surprised if they got pushed to next year.
dog

I'm a Puppy!

• Knows the muffin man.
« Reply #2592 on: January 05, 2018, 04:11:04 PM »
Well now that I'm done with XB2 and hated it, I kind of wonder what was the point of buying a Switch. Seems like a waste. Hopefully Bayonetta and SMT are good and come out soonish.
Why did you hate xeno?
que

bluemax

« Reply #2593 on: January 06, 2018, 11:12:35 PM »
Is there anything besides XBC2 for Switch in the foreseeable future?

nah, it's still great and the music holds up very well.

I honestly think SMRPG might be the worst Mario RPG other than Partners in Time. Maybe better than Dream Team.
NO

BlueTsunami

• The Muffin Man
« Reply #2594 on: January 06, 2018, 11:17:10 PM »
Kind of want to buy it an expensive way to play Disgea 5 handheld 😞
:9

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #2595 on: January 07, 2018, 11:58:06 AM »

Do you mean RPGs?  Lost Sphear is out on the 23rd.
ど助平

I'm a Puppy!

• Knows the muffin man.
« Reply #2596 on: January 07, 2018, 12:47:58 PM »
Been thinking about Disgea 5 after I'm done with Skyrim (yep, still at it, did the Theives guild, Dark Brotherhood, Vampire, Companions quest lines).
But I've never really played any other Disgea games. I remember I briefly tried out 1. But was a bit like "eh." And that was it.
que

BlueTsunami

• The Muffin Man
« Reply #2597 on: January 07, 2018, 01:12:05 PM »
Been thinking about Disgea 5 after I'm done with Skyrim (yep, still at it, did the Theives guild, Dark Brotherhood, Vampire, Companions quest lines).
But I've never really played any other Disgea games. I remember I briefly tried out 1. But was a bit like "eh." And that was it.

Its the type of game that allows you to break it with its various systems. It wants you to grind and build up those powerful weapons etc. And from what I heard the fifth entry turns that aspect up to 11.
:9

bluemax

« Reply #2598 on: January 07, 2018, 08:03:35 PM »

Do you mean RPGs?  Lost Sphear is out on the 23rd.

I just meant games in general. I bought I am Setsuna on PS4 and played the Lost Sphear demo. I'm not buying that at launch.
NO

archnemesis

« Reply #2599 on: January 08, 2018, 03:08:54 AM »
There are no interesting Switch games with a confirmed release date. I’m looking forward to Octopath Traveller and Fire Emblem, but I’m guessing those are Q3-Q4 games.

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #2600 on: January 08, 2018, 10:09:48 AM »
Plenty of indie games are coming out weekly, Lost Sphear is out in a few weeks, and Bayonetta 1+2 are out next month.

I see no shortage of game releases on this list through March.
https://www.gamefaqs.com/switch/upcoming/1-north-america

If you haven't played through all the stuff that came out last year and don't care about it, then why did you buy a Switch?
:idont
ど助平

I'm a Puppy!

• Knows the muffin man.
« Reply #2601 on: January 08, 2018, 10:27:58 AM »

Its the type of game that allows you to break it with its various systems. It wants you to grind and build up those powerful weapons etc. And from what I heard the fifth entry turns that aspect up to 11.
I have heard it's grindy...so  :nope
que

Joe Molotov

• I'm much more humble than you would understand.
  • Administrator
« Reply #2602 on: January 08, 2018, 04:40:45 PM »
https://www.polygon.com/platform/amp/2018/1/8/16846618/super-mario-odyssey-year-in-review-ian-dallas

Look at this salty fuck. Should have put your games on the Switch, dipshit. 😂
©@©™

Great Rumbler

• Dab on the sinners
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #2603 on: January 08, 2018, 05:18:58 PM »
:nope  Walking simulators
dog

team filler

• filler
  • filler
« Reply #2604 on: January 08, 2018, 06:51:41 PM »
Odyssey 2 will probably be a bigger step up than galaxy 1 to galaxy 2.

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #2605 on: January 08, 2018, 07:55:00 PM »
https://www.polygon.com/platform/amp/2018/1/8/16846618/super-mario-odyssey-year-in-review-ian-dallas

Super Mario Odyssey isn’t actually satisfying to finish
Super Mario Odyssey is a garden of many short paths that don’t go anywhere

Did we play the same game here?   :lol
ど助平

Rahxephon91

« Reply #2606 on: January 08, 2018, 11:45:54 PM »
Why did you hate xeno?
It's modern anime stylings and odd quirks(like the Gatcha Random Blades, animation priority, ai stuff) didn't jive with me.

I like anime kind of, but I don't like anime where there's a huge spotlight on dude and his special anime girl friend. It's why I'm not into Fate Stay Night, but liked Fate Zero.

And there's just other things. I like to really tinker and get into forming my parties in JRPGS and the random blades really is not something I liked.

bluemax

« Reply #2607 on: January 09, 2018, 12:57:00 AM »

I worked on a project with Ian in college. I don't think he's being salty here, but that's the risk you run when you break down the design of a popular game.
NO

Cerveza mas fina

• I don't care for Islam tbqh
  • filler
« Reply #2608 on: January 09, 2018, 01:32:16 AM »

'

Lmao walking sim guy complainig that Mario is like a book

2018 off to a great start

Himu

« Reply #2609 on: January 09, 2018, 02:35:46 AM »
TASTY OWES TRIUMPH SNOO SNOO

I have every confidence that the Switch will retail for AT LEAST $300. For fucks sakes, they're still selling the Wii U for $300.

Care to make it interesting?

I'd bet something dumb like a tag that no launch SKU of the Wii U will be >$295.

Control of avatar and tag for a month. Nothing obscene. I'll take that bet.

I'm assuming that Tasty agrees to this bet.

Which is great because due to a typo, I've already won. Both skus of the Wii U were over $295 at launch.

Please change your avatar to this

(Image removed from quote.)

And your tag to "pussy lover," thanks.
IYKYK

Himu

« Reply #2610 on: January 09, 2018, 02:39:36 AM »
The bet!

So are we on for an avatar bet? Yours can be "Kosma was right, PS4 and vag all night!"

50 million, thats only half/third of what any playstation has done. Should be doable if it has mainstream appeal right?

40 million.

I FOUND IT.

IYKYK

Himu

« Reply #2611 on: January 09, 2018, 02:44:04 AM »
Reading lots of the delusional anti-Switch posts from earlier on and cackling. The writing was literally on the wall. You'd have to be hoping that Nintendo fails when they combine both of their strengths into one unit. People saying it'd do Xbox and GC numbers. :neogaf Wii U numbers?! Oh my God. :dead What a bunch of delusional system warriors. All of whom seem to be sold on the Switch concept, which I said right when it was revealed that it'd clean up shop. :doge

Real talk, if you compared Wii U to Switch pre-release you might be dumb. :neogaf I'm sorry but :lol

Also, yeah, this isn't a "portable" that Japan would use with that battery life and size.

They made it really clear to call it "a console you can take on the go" and totally backed off from calling it a portable.

just fyi you can pickup a xbone with a game for 199 here and a ps4 for 250

whos gonna buy this for their kids  :lol

Eh because it's already coming off as Wii U 2.0?
« Last Edit: January 09, 2018, 02:50:03 AM by Cindi Mayweather »
IYKYK

Tasty

« Reply #2612 on: January 09, 2018, 03:12:17 AM »
Oh yeah, the Switch stuff here before release was insane. I mean I get that haters were coming off the Wii U, but it's like no one remembered the Wii and shit.

Himu

« Reply #2613 on: January 09, 2018, 03:17:49 AM »
It isn't just Wii. It's Nintendo handhelds in general. Which is an aspect western "hardcore" gamers continuously ignore. Their continuing to see the system as a console only - and therefore in competition with X1 and ps4 - is why they're so shocked this is so successful. But I wasn't shocked. Thing would do well in Japan, guaranteed. The real work was convincing the west the concept, and they bought it hook, line, and sinker because Nintendo's marketing for the system was on the dot. It was never a Wii U situation at all. I remember the Wii U reveal and came away wondering what the point of it was. Like, who is the main draw. It had a massive imaging problem. I questioned why Wii U wasn't what Switch was - a hybrid. Switch never had a branding issue. It made it perfectly clear who it was for in the reveal trailer. All that was needed was for people to buy into the concept. And it seems they have.
IYKYK

Sho Nuff

• o/~ TOUCH ME AND I'LL BREAK YOUR FACE o/~
« Reply #2614 on: January 09, 2018, 04:04:29 AM »
I'm going to Japan, are there any good exclusives I should grab at the secondhand store

DCharlieJP

• the ex-XFE, now 3rd in-line for SFE
  • Icon
« Reply #2615 on: January 09, 2018, 05:01:22 AM »
nope
O=X

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #2616 on: January 09, 2018, 11:47:30 AM »
I'm going to Japan, are there any good exclusives I should grab at the secondhand store

If you want a physical copies of I Am Setsuna or the Japanese-only Dragon Quest Heroes I&II and Seiken Densetsu Collection, there's those.  Voez is also getting a physical release soon.   And there's the musou re-releases from Koei.  Apart from that...what DC said.  :lol
« Last Edit: January 09, 2018, 12:21:35 PM by Dos Locos Tacos »
ど助平

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #2617 on: January 09, 2018, 12:09:21 PM »
Gal Metal! is out next month.  Rhythm game with (I think) waggle-only controls, so that's a likely nope from me.

ど助平

Cerveza mas fina

• filler
« Reply #2618 on: January 09, 2018, 12:45:50 PM »
Ill admit I didnt see the Switch success coming, but Nintendo really delivered what I want. I havent liked Zelda since Wind Waker but now its a fredh approach that lends itself to shorter sessions, perfect.
Also a shitton if indies to play.

Sho Nuff

• o/~ TOUCH ME AND I'LL BREAK YOUR FACE o/~
« Reply #2619 on: January 09, 2018, 05:57:42 PM »
nope

You're confirming my assumption that it was all weeb nightmare trash like Vita  :goldberg

Bebpo

« Reply #2620 on: January 09, 2018, 06:22:27 PM »
Is there a list of Bore friend codes somewhere in this thread? I realized I only have one person on my friend's list.

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #2621 on: January 09, 2018, 09:12:45 PM »
nope

You're confirming my assumption that it was all weeb nightmare trash like Vita  :goldberg
:rejoice
ど助平

DCharlieJP

• the ex-XFE, now 3rd in-line for SFE
  • Icon
« Reply #2622 on: January 10, 2018, 03:18:51 AM »
i also note that i have, like, 137 Switch games (no really) and of the 4 of the physical ones i have DQH1-2 and I am a Satsuma as part of that. And Puyo Puyo tetris... and i haven't a clue what the other one is.

I only got DQH1-2 because dumbass local Bookoff had it marked up as 1980 yen.

Now wife has a Switch she'll play the shit out of them - then i can sell it for a fine price.

also remember : I am "between jobs" - aka unemployed, a man of leisure, etc. So if you need me to help you help me spend my savings, just say the word and we can do Aki like we used to :O

we should record it and become millionaires - we can even go see a dead body and shit then look all solemn as our viewing figures spike. Ping me :)
O=X

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #2623 on: January 10, 2018, 07:29:12 AM »
Oh snap, Gal Metal is a TAK FUJII game!

ど助平

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #2624 on: January 10, 2018, 07:32:57 AM »
i also note that i have, like, 137 Switch games (no really) and of the 4 of the physical ones i have DQH1-2 and I am a Satsuma as part of that. And Puyo Puyo tetris... and i haven't a clue what the other one is.

I thought I had a lot at around 100 or so.   :lol  Still the :bow EMPEROR! :bow2  Have a lot of physical games though.  Am into collecting for this system so if I'm interested in a game and there's a retail version, I'll go for it.  Also helps to keep the space on the SD card way down.
ど助平

TakingBackSunday

• Banana Grabber
« Reply #2625 on: January 10, 2018, 08:55:41 AM »
I didn't even know there were 100 switch games
püp

Rufus

• 🙈🙉🙊
« Reply #2626 on: January 10, 2018, 09:33:22 AM »
Marty Friedman is still big in Japan, huh?

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #2627 on: January 10, 2018, 09:38:23 AM »
Marty Friedman is still big in Japan, huh?

Apparently so:
Friedman has resided in Tokyo, Japan since 2003, where he has appeared on over 700 Japanese television programs such as Rock Fujiyama, Hebimeta-san, Kouhaku uta gassen[2] and Jukebox English.[3] He has released albums with several record labels, including Avex Trax, Universal, EMI, Prosthetic and Shrapnel Records.
In 2014 Friedman collaborated again with Momoiro Clover Z, providing the guitar track for their single "Moon Pride". The song was also used as the opening theme music for the television series Sailor Moon Crystal, which premiered in July that year.

:uguu
ど助平

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #2628 on: January 10, 2018, 09:39:09 AM »
I didn't even know there were 100 switch games

With all the indie and ACA games to alongside the 'retail' releases, there's a shitload of games available on the eShop.
ど助平

Cerveza mas fina

• filler
« Reply #2629 on: January 10, 2018, 01:20:30 PM »
just got Just Dance 2018, waggle is not dead!

Is there a list of Bore friend codes somewhere in this thread? I realized I only have one person on my friend's list.

add me

spoiler (click to show/hide)
SW-6901-8091-6232
[close]

Great Rumbler

• Dab on the sinners
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #2630 on: January 10, 2018, 10:10:44 PM »
I've been playing so much Skyrim on the Switch...
dog

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #2631 on: January 11, 2018, 08:02:33 AM »
Speculation is high right now that Nintendo is about to announce Dark Souls Remastered for Switch at their direct today(?).  Kotaku is adding fuel to the the fire and saying that DS2 and DS3 will also get ported over later on, plus Dark Souls Remastered will get announced for the other consoles and PC with added visual effects.
ど助平

Corporal

« Reply #2632 on: January 11, 2018, 08:35:43 AM »
I am starting to wish that January Direct was just a fever dream of some superfans. :-\

It's kinda getting obnoxious. It's just a random Direct, dammit. The levels of hype and expectation are through the roof, this cannot end well no matter what Nintendo shows.
!list

archie4208

« Reply #2633 on: January 11, 2018, 09:02:50 AM »
I am starting to wish that January Direct was just a fever dream of some superfans. :-\

It's kinda getting obnoxious. It's just a random Direct, dammit. The levels of hype and expectation are through the roof, this cannot end well no matter what Nintendo shows.

https://www.nintendo.com/nintendo-direct/01-11-2018/

« Last Edit: January 11, 2018, 09:14:38 AM by archie4208 »

El Babua

« Reply #2634 on: January 11, 2018, 09:14:41 AM »
Tropical Freeze coming to Switch :rejoice

Wii U becoming even more irrelevant  :'(

Tasty

« Reply #2635 on: January 11, 2018, 09:21:43 AM »
Tropical Freeze Switch :rejoice

Dark Souls Switch :rejoice

The World Ends With You Switch :rejoice

Ys VIII Switch :rejoice

Mario Odyssey DLC :rejoice

Nintendomination :miyamoto

archie4208

« Reply #2636 on: January 11, 2018, 09:23:08 AM »
Ports and DLC.  :rejoice

Positive Touch

• Woo Papa
« Reply #2637 on: January 11, 2018, 09:24:49 AM »
world ends with you final remix is coming out and I still never played the original :(

the phone remix version had an extra scene that hinted at a sequel, so maybe they're releasing this to build hype for it.
pcp

Tasty

« Reply #2638 on: January 11, 2018, 09:28:00 AM »
Don't forget that TWEWY characters were in Kingdom Hearts 3D.

Tasty

« Reply #2639 on: January 11, 2018, 09:30:21 AM »
Ports and DLC.  :rejoice

It's pretty likely I'm getting three of those games, if not all four. For a super short "nothingburger Direct" which was supposed to be fake, that's pretty damn good. Let's not pretend it's E3 here.