Author Topic: Nintendo Switch Thread  (Read 942834 times)

Akala

• Easy Victor
Re: Nintendo Switch Thread
« Reply #6720 on: September 20, 2019, 08:45:52 PM »
valkyria 4 tank edition for switch is currently cheaper than the standard.  :D

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #6721 on: September 21, 2019, 12:04:04 AM »
Fuck Zelda- Untitled Goose Game is where it's at.

:bow GOTY :bow2
ど助平

pilonv1

• I love you just the way I am
« Reply #6722 on: September 21, 2019, 06:12:36 AM »
honk
itm

Great Rumbler

• Dab on the sinners
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #6723 on: September 21, 2019, 08:40:33 AM »
*honk*
dog

HardcoreRetro

• Punk Mushi no Onna
« Reply #6724 on: September 21, 2019, 12:11:32 PM »
I got the goose game cause my city's nickname is geese city.

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #6725 on: September 21, 2019, 12:17:01 PM »
Played some Zelda

Links Awakening still one of the most wholesome vidya ever created  :rejoice
🤴

Akala

• Easy Victor
« Reply #6726 on: September 21, 2019, 01:51:52 PM »
Awe shi grabbin goose game later

ITS GOOSETIME BOIS :hyper

CatsCatsCats

• 🤷‍♀️
« Reply #6727 on: September 21, 2019, 02:09:12 PM »
I really want LA but am confining myself to beating BotW first. I have barely played it at all. If the switch had a real battery I would play it on a flight  ::)

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #6728 on: September 21, 2019, 02:34:20 PM »
I really want LA but am confining myself to beating BotW first. I have barely played it at all. If the switch had a real battery I would play it on a flight  ::)
Well, LA is about 8 hours tops vs. a minimum of 80 - 100 hours for BOTW  :lol

Already quite some complaints about how short it is, but LA has always been well paced, short and sweet.
It is the perfect charming bite sized Zelda.

Performance is weird at times though, it seems to run on Unreal Engine 4.
🤴

Himu

« Reply #6729 on: September 21, 2019, 05:00:50 PM »
That’s the thing about LA and what worried me.

LA is a goddamn game boy game. It needs a serious glow up to be worth 60 dollars.

I’m sorry but 60 bucks for a game boy remake. :lol

Perfect example of a game that should be reduced price. Not all games are worth 60 dollars. If this had the Oracles also in it and remade it be worth 60. But I am not spending 60 dollars on something I bought from 3ds eshop for 5.99 but with better graphics.
IYKYK

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #6730 on: September 21, 2019, 05:08:31 PM »
For me all spending on Zelda is just spending on the franchise as a whole. I bought the CE and Amiibo.
And with the play time I've gotten from every Zelda released since I was able to spend money on video games I have to say there aren't many things on this planet I spend money on that offered the same value over decades.

Link's Awakening is great and this remake makes it relevant again for at least another 5 - 10 years or so.
🤴

Human Snorenado

• Stay out of Malibu, Lebowski
  • Icon
« Reply #6731 on: September 21, 2019, 05:10:05 PM »

LA is a goddamn game boy game. It needs a serious glow up to be worth 60 dollars.

Perfect example of a game that should be reduced price. Not all games are worth 60 dollars. If this had the Oracles also in it and remade it be worth 60. But I am not spending 60 dollars on something I bought from 3ds eshop for 5.99 but with better graphics.

BUBUBUBU I WANT TO SUPPORT NINTENDO SO I WILL PAY MORE

Ninthings, man. The worst. I love a good bit of Nintendo's games but will never understand this mindset. I'll get LA when it's $30 or less. Not worth it until then.
yar

Himu

« Reply #6732 on: September 21, 2019, 05:17:30 PM »

BUBUBUBU I WANT TO SUPPORT NINTENDO SO I WILL PAY MORE

Ninthings, man. The worst. I love a good bit of Nintendo's games but will never understand this mindset. I'll get LA when it's $30 or less. Not worth it until then.

The worst part is because it's by Nintendo so its likelihood of a price drop is significantly low.
IYKYK

Mr Gilhaney

• Gay and suicidal
« Reply #6733 on: September 21, 2019, 05:19:00 PM »
I am selling all my switch games by nintendo right now and loving it.   :o

Chooky

« Reply #6734 on: September 21, 2019, 05:19:35 PM »
right. I'm expecting I'll be able to pick it up affordably sometime around 2025.

kingv

« Reply #6735 on: September 21, 2019, 07:35:42 PM »
I am selling all my switch games by nintendo right now and loving it.   :o

That’s the silver lining to Nintendo pricing. Can probably sell MARIO kart 8 for $40 right now on eBay.

CatsCatsCats

• 🤷‍♀️
« Reply #6736 on: September 21, 2019, 07:41:24 PM »
Maybe they’ll do a Nintendo online trial period like with the tennis game so we can blast through it once lol

demi

• cooler than willco
  • Administrator
« Reply #6737 on: September 21, 2019, 08:15:05 PM »
Save your money and buy Luigi's Mansion instead  8)
fat

CatsCatsCats

• 🤷‍♀️
« Reply #6738 on: September 21, 2019, 08:43:53 PM »
LM does look p dope

Sho Nuff

• o/~ TOUCH ME AND I'LL BREAK YOUR FACE o/~
« Reply #6739 on: September 21, 2019, 09:19:44 PM »
LM is fun AF. Was gonna finish Dragon's Dogma first but I am way underleveled for some of the bosses in the final run. Power leveling in Bitterblack Island or whatever

Goose game is dope. And I still gotta finish Undertale. Too many games fuck

Great Rumbler

• Dab on the sinners
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #6740 on: September 21, 2019, 09:28:15 PM »
Untitled Goose Game is really good, unfortunately it's really short [about 2 hours to get the end, with maybe another hour of post-game content].
dog

Trent Dole

• the sharpest tool in the shed
« Reply #6741 on: September 21, 2019, 09:36:01 PM »
It's a shitpost as a game like Goat Simulator again so I guess that's not too surprising.
Hi

Great Rumbler

• Dab on the sinners
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #6742 on: September 21, 2019, 09:40:18 PM »
Eh, not really. Goat Sim was more about just being really wacky and messing around with ridiculous physics, stuff like that. UGG is really more of a puzzle game...where you screw with people as a goose.
« Last Edit: September 21, 2019, 09:51:13 PM by Great Rumbler »
dog

Mr Gilhaney

• Gay and suicidal
« Reply #6743 on: September 22, 2019, 07:16:18 AM »
It's a shitpost as a game like Goat Simulator again so I guess that's not too surprising.

wrong

kingv

« Reply #6744 on: September 22, 2019, 08:36:43 AM »
Untitled Goose Game is really good, unfortunately it's really short [about 2 hours to get the end, with maybe another hour of post-game content].

Having played an hour or so last night, I’m not sure I could play much more than 2 hours of it.

It’s cute but sort of simple

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #6745 on: September 22, 2019, 12:44:10 PM »
Goose is legit good- not just a meme-game done "for the lulz."  Absolutely worth playing.  Easily one of my favorite games this year.

No power adapters on the flight?  No battery banks available?  I have the latter, plus the Switch with the better battery...but I still think on a flight I'd just conk out and sleep most of the time, lol.

:dunno

The original platform doesn't matter.

Perfect example of a game that should be reduced price. Not all games are worth 60 dollars. If this had the Oracles also in it and remade it be worth 60.

I don't disagree on the price- give me every game for less than 60, while we're at it.   :P  But I'm not going to shit on the game for that, either.  I don't recall people complaining about Metroid Samus Returns for $40 when it came out, even though the original on GB was $20.

But I am not spending 60 dollars on something I bought from 3ds eshop for 5.99 but with better graphics.

But it's not just better graphics- the gameplay has been improved and new content (the dungeon making/randomizing stuff) has been added. 

What needs to be addressed are the performance issues.  That's why I would say this isn't worth $60 in its current state.
ど助平

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #6746 on: September 22, 2019, 12:45:13 PM »
For me all spending on Zelda is just spending on the franchise as a whole. I bought the CE and Amiibo.
And with the play time I've gotten from every Zelda released since I was able to spend money on video games I have to say there aren't many things on this planet I spend money on that offered the same value over decades.

Link's Awakening is great and this remake makes it relevant again for at least another 5 - 10 years or so.

This is my favorite Zelda- am more than happy to have a new version of it that looks, sounds, and plays that much better.  Just.  Fix.  The.  Framerate.  Problems.  PLZ.
ど助平

Himu

« Reply #6747 on: September 22, 2019, 12:50:01 PM »
God I hate fisking so much fucking much.

The original platform absolutely matters. Link’s awakening was designed for a portable platform made in 1989. It is a limited game with a limited toolset due to limited space capacity. It is only a few hours long. It isn’t as in-depth as Link to the Past either. It’s a 60 dollar remake of a gameboy game with better graphics. Yes, they’ve fixed some things but it’s still Link’s Awakening.

It is not worth 60 dollars.

Considering you tend to buy more games on average than any person on this forum I highly doubt you realize a games true worth.

Link’s Awakening Switch has 30-40 dollar price point all over it.
IYKYK

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #6748 on: September 22, 2019, 01:48:18 PM »
God I hate fisking so much fucking much.

Uh, too bad...?  I prefer to quote larger posts in chunks because it's just easier to reply to different points. 

The original platform absolutely matters. Link’s awakening was designed for a portable platform made in 1989. It is a limited game with a limited toolset due to limited space capacity. It is only a few hours long. It isn’t as in-depth as Link to the Past either. It’s a 60 dollar remake of a gameboy game with better graphics. Yes, they’ve fixed some things but it’s still Link’s Awakening.

It is not worth 60 dollars.

It is not "only a few hours long."  It's about on par with A Link To The Past.

https://howlongtobeat.com/game.php?id=10033
https://howlongtobeat.com/game.php?id=10028

You can also add additional time to the Switch version because of the Chamber Dungeon stuff.

How is not as in-depth as a Link To The Past?  They took the same formula and added to it.  No switching between light and dark world, sure, but it has the extra abilities and game play mechanics added.

Considering you tend to buy more games on average than any person on this forum I highly doubt you realize a games true worth.
\
:snob

God I hate personal attacking when talking about vidya so much fucking much. 

Just because I get a lot of shit doesn't mean that I just fork over cash without considering the price. 

Link’s Awakening Switch has 30-40 dollar price point all over it.

And I said I don't disagree with you.  But it being a remake of a Gameboy game has nothing to do with it. 
« Last Edit: September 22, 2019, 01:57:10 PM by bork »
ど助平

paprikastaude

« Reply #6749 on: September 22, 2019, 02:02:25 PM »
The obvious problem is that there's a big amount of equal scale remasters, but any other one sells for a fraction of the price - or usually contains multiple games with the same amount of effort put into them (while still being cheaper in their entirety). tfw even Activision offers a strikingly more fair pricing :kobeyuck The standard defense by nintenbabies is that no other publisher ever made good games ever, so only remasters by daddy nintendy are worth the full price. Even though the quality of the original doesn't change the amount of effort put into each remaster, which isn't greater for LA than others. LA isn't RE2make, which is a completely different modern game, but on par with Halo MCC, Spyro, etc. And even if the og game's quality mattered, something like SotC finally reached its full potential in the remaster, making it better than a good amount of Zelda games. Yet it still was budget priced. And I personally also didn't pick it up until I saw it for 15 bucks.
« Last Edit: September 22, 2019, 02:08:19 PM by Spieler1 »

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #6750 on: September 22, 2019, 02:15:31 PM »
The obvious problem is that there's a big amount of equal scale remasters, but any other one sells for a fraction of the price - or usually contains multiple games with the same amount of effort put into them (while still being cheaper in their entirety). tfw even Activision offers a strikingly more fair pricing :kobeyuck

Very good points.  FWIW I would have liked to have seen A Link To The Past given the same treatment and sold with this game.  A bonus port-up of A Link Between Worlds also would have been nice.  Hoping to see at least the latter at some point.

The standard defense by nintenbabies is that no other publisher ever made good games ever, so only remasters by daddy nintendy are worth the full price.

But nobody here is saying that, so it doesn't matter in this discussion.

Even though the quality of the original doesn't change the amount of effort put into each remaster, which isn't greater for LA than others. LA isn't RE2make, which is a completely different modern game, but on par with Halo MCC, Spyro, etc. And even if the og game's quality mattered, something like SotC finally reached its full potential in the remaster, making it better than a good amount of Zelda games. Yet it still was budget priced. And I personally also didn't pick it up until I saw it for 15 bucks.

Again- don't disagree on the price.  But given that this is a Nintendo game, I don't see the price dropping anytime soon and I really wanted to play it, so it was a day one purchase. 

I've been pretty critical of the technical issues it has and have gotten some pretty crazy "ninthing" level responses back elsewhere, almost refusing to believe that it even has issues and being called out for making it "overblown."   :lol  But that's not on here, fortunately.
« Last Edit: September 22, 2019, 02:42:48 PM by bork »
ど助平

HardcoreRetro

• Punk Mushi no Onna
« Reply #6751 on: September 22, 2019, 03:58:23 PM »
*opens thread*

demi

• cooler than willco
  • Administrator
« Reply #6752 on: September 22, 2019, 04:03:05 PM »
I bought Puzzle Quest instead of indie shit meme game  8)
fat

HardcoreRetro

• Punk Mushi no Onna
« Reply #6753 on: September 22, 2019, 04:50:29 PM »
I bought Puzzle Quest instead of indie shit meme game  8)

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #6754 on: September 22, 2019, 04:51:45 PM »
Marin teaching Link her song  :tocry
Kiki the monkey  :tocry
Will Wright cameo   :tocry

This game is so beautiful and wholesome.

but I'm just a kid
🤴

Ghoul

• Cremation will be my last chance to have a smoking hot body. We have already made the arrangements.
« Reply #6755 on: September 22, 2019, 05:26:47 PM »
so sold my let's go switch a while ago, but with new game coming out thinking of grabbing another switch, dunno to get the new full one or the lite.

Playing at home is kinda cool, but I guess I travel more with it anyway.. What do you guys think? I kept my games though

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #6756 on: September 22, 2019, 05:40:24 PM »
so sold my let's go switch a while ago, but with new game coming out thinking of grabbing another switch, dunno to get the new full one or the lite.

Playing at home is kinda cool, but I guess I travel more with it anyway.. What do you guys think? I kept my games though
Take the full Switch. Switch Lite seems more like a side-Switch imo.
🤴

Ghoul

• Cremation will be my last chance to have a smoking hot body. We have already made the arrangements.
« Reply #6757 on: September 22, 2019, 06:09:25 PM »

Take the full Switch. Switch Lite seems more like a side-Switch imo.

fair enough, will have a look at the better battery life ones, although I may see what I can get second hand as paying full price again don't really feel like it.

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #6758 on: September 22, 2019, 09:21:55 PM »
Untitled Goose Game cleared.  Over so fast!   :(

But then more stuff to do popped up!
 :gladbron
ど助平

paprikastaude

« Reply #6759 on: September 23, 2019, 12:59:51 PM »

is this real?

Svejk

« Reply #6760 on: September 23, 2019, 01:07:44 PM »
 :trash

And total unpolished 1st party Zelda title too?  Dat decline once you hit that top... just like Sony..  The ebb and flow I suppose.

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #6761 on: September 23, 2019, 01:24:27 PM »
On the GameCube they already fixed this.

Every time you booted it up, it would calibrate to the current position of your analog sticks.
Simple and elegant solution and it meant that even if your sticks had worn out the calibration would be perfect.
🤴

paprikastaude

« Reply #6762 on: September 23, 2019, 01:28:51 PM »
Gamecube was also probably their last genuinely well made console. Strongest console at release, sturdy as fuck, ergonomic controller except for the d-pad which no game used anyway. edit: oh wait, small discs were a little questionable. Still good enough.

When I replaced the screen-destroying og 3DS with the new one, it only took a few harmless walks for the upper screen to go loose. It was also special edition whose paint wore off after half a year. Fisher-price-tier hardware maker at this point  :picard
« Last Edit: September 23, 2019, 01:34:57 PM by Spieler1 »

Rufus

• 🙈🙉🙊
« Reply #6763 on: September 23, 2019, 01:36:51 PM »
Did the analogue stick guy at the company retire after the Wii U or what? This is a fundamental design flaw. Why carry that over into another model? One where the whole unit has to be sent in to fix it, no less. I don't understand.

Himu

« Reply #6764 on: September 23, 2019, 02:30:02 PM »
Gamecube was also probably their last genuinely well made console. Strongest console at release, sturdy as fuck, ergonomic controller except for the d-pad which no game used anyway. edit: oh wait, small discs were a little questionable. Still good enough.

When I replaced the screen-destroying og 3DS with the new one, it only took a few harmless walks for the upper screen to go loose. It was also special edition whose paint wore off after half a year. Fisher-price-tier hardware maker at this point  :picard

Nintendo ds was highly robust
IYKYK

Yeti

• Hail Hydra
« Reply #6765 on: September 23, 2019, 02:37:37 PM »
The original DS was nice, but the Lite suffered from easily cracked hinges
WDW

kingv

« Reply #6766 on: September 23, 2019, 03:35:21 PM »
Nintendo is a trash company that makes trash games and hardware.

Everybody knows this.

Himu

« Reply #6767 on: September 23, 2019, 03:35:52 PM »

Everybody knows this.

Shut the fuck up.
IYKYK

nachobro

• Live Más
« Reply #6768 on: September 23, 2019, 03:41:57 PM »
maybe the analog team and the online services team are the same people :thinking

Nintendo ds was highly robust
other than the cracking hinges

Occam

« Reply #6769 on: September 23, 2019, 03:56:30 PM »
That's one of several reasons not to buy a Switch Lite, you can't just replace the joycon.
Another very important reason is the Flip Grip by Fangamer that allows you to play games that support it vertically (tate).
I recently discovered the awesomeness that is pinball etc. on Switch in tate mode.

Ghoul

« Reply #6770 on: September 23, 2019, 06:31:57 PM »
Yeah looks like I'm going to go with the normal model. Just wish some of the nicer joycons came with the console, I don't like either of the pairs that come with it.

Will most likely end up getting the see through purple joy con mod kits as fuck the default colours. How they managed to keep drift in a revised model is very nintendo.

kingv

« Reply #6771 on: September 23, 2019, 09:48:28 PM »

Everybody knows this.

Shut the fuck up.

Just being facetious Cindi. Nintenthings unite!

Sho Nuff

• o/~ TOUCH ME AND I'LL BREAK YOUR FACE o/~
« Reply #6772 on: September 24, 2019, 01:04:21 AM »
Just got the Hori L-Joycon replacement with the actual Dpad for 20 bux off Amazon Japan.  :ohyeah

Link's Adventure only supports analog controls :nope

Cerveza mas fina

• I don't care for Islam tbqh
  • filler
« Reply #6773 on: September 24, 2019, 02:59:47 AM »
LA is great again, just beat the second dungeon. Lot easier then I remember in the 90s though.

Framerate is a shame too.

demi

• cooler than willco
  • Administrator
« Reply #6774 on: September 24, 2019, 10:39:13 AM »
Travis Shitty Game is $20 on Amazon

https://amzn.to/2lnJBKn
fat

Akala

• Easy Victor
« Reply #6775 on: September 24, 2019, 05:19:30 PM »
Link's Adventure only supports analog controls :nope

:rage

demi

• cooler than willco
  • Administrator
« Reply #6776 on: September 24, 2019, 05:22:10 PM »
GameFly coming thru with the goods

fat

Occam

« Reply #6777 on: September 24, 2019, 06:35:48 PM »
Finally had time to play with my new Hori Split Pad Pro today. It's a bit light and the lack of rumble is unfortunate, but overall I like it a lot. It makes playing Switch in portable mode so much better. The d-pad is good (not Saturn/Vita level, but it feels nice and isn't stiff) and the buttons feel nice, as well.
I'd love to have a case to carry around my Switch with it attached...
« Last Edit: September 24, 2019, 06:42:16 PM by Occam »

Akala

• Easy Victor
« Reply #6778 on: September 24, 2019, 08:46:54 PM »
Finally had time to play with my new Hori Split Pad Pro today. It's a bit light and the lack of rumble is unfortunate, but overall I like it a lot. It makes playing Switch in portable mode so much better. The d-pad is good (not Saturn/Vita level, but it feels nice and isn't stiff) and the buttons feel nice, as well.
I'd love to have a case to carry around my Switch with it attached...

I like mine as well from what I've tried of it, but that's my main complaint too. Honestly there is a chance someone makes a case (GAMING) but honestly probably easier to get a padded camera bag and pack it separate. Losing a good bit of portability though but not too terrible if you have a booksack or something.

Bebpo

« Reply #6779 on: September 24, 2019, 09:19:58 PM »
So I'm replaying Super Metroid on switch and the controls kinda suck and now I sorta see the benefit of that SNES controller. On the portable mode & pro controller the placement of select which changes missiles is really out of the way and makes that a pain in the ass.