Author Topic: Nintendo Switch Thread  (Read 939870 times)

Tripon

• Teach by day, Sleep by night
Re: Nintendo Switch Thread
« Reply #8700 on: August 11, 2020, 12:16:06 PM »

james

• Donate to the JAMES FUND
« Reply #8701 on: August 11, 2020, 03:30:35 PM »
NES Remix is one of those games Id hear about, say I should buy this, and forget it existed 10 minutes later.

Rince and repeat every year until today
:O

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #8702 on: August 11, 2020, 11:46:07 PM »
Shin Megami Tensei III: Nocturne HD Remaster will add guest character Dante from the Devil May Cry series via the paid downloadable content “Maniax Pack” For 980 yen, Atlus announced. It will launch alongside the game on October 29 in Japan.

They took Dante out of the game so they could re-sell him as DLC.
ど助平

Rahxephon91

« Reply #8703 on: August 12, 2020, 01:15:51 AM »
They took him out of the last PS2 version and replaced him with Radiou.

But what I can't wait for is Ree's reaction if they get Reuben Langdon to voice him.

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #8704 on: August 12, 2020, 06:33:17 AM »
Nintendo wins again, Oceanhorn 2 no longer Apple Arcade Exclusive

https://twitter.com/NintendoUK/status/1293565147282374656

:thinking
« Last Edit: August 12, 2020, 11:56:32 AM by Nintex »
🤴

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #8705 on: August 12, 2020, 12:44:58 PM »
They took him out of the last PS2 version and replaced him with Radiou.

But what I can't wait for is Ree's reaction if they get Reuben Langdon to voice him.

Raidou is still there, too:

The base Shin Megami Tensei III: Nocturne HD Remaster game will feature guest character Raidou Kuzunoha from Devil Summoner 2: Raidou Kuzunoha vs. King Abaddon, who was the guest character in the 2008-released Shin Megami Tensei III: Nocturne Chronicle Edition.

By purchasing the “Maniax Pack,” players will be able to select “New Game ~Maniax~” from the title screen, which changes every scene in which Raidou Kuzunoha would appear to Dante, as well as the title screen loop movie and logo to Shin Megami Tensei III: Nocturne Maniax. The remaster also adds a “Pierce effect” to Dante’s skill “Son’s Oath.”
ど助平

team filler

• filler
  • filler
« Reply #8706 on: August 12, 2020, 06:39:49 PM »
chances of a sequel to mario odyssey being finished with development?  :doge

feel like it would be similar to galaxy 1 and 2 being 3 years apart on the same system  :thinking

team filler

• filler
  • filler
« Reply #8707 on: August 12, 2020, 07:17:38 PM »
mario odyssey trailer  popped up in my youtube feed and got me thinking  :ohhh
« Last Edit: August 12, 2020, 07:41:48 PM by filler »

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #8708 on: August 12, 2020, 07:30:39 PM »
I think it'll take a while longer but I expect Nintendo will release 2 big Mario games on the Switch this time around. Unless it's sort of a cross-gen next-gen launch game.
What I'm thinking is,

2020: Super Mario 35th (M64, SM, SMG) / Breath of the Wild 2
2021: Zelda 35th (OOT, TWW, TP) / Odyssey 2

Of course BOTW2 could be delayed into 2021 with the situation regarding COVID-19, mirroring 2017 (when Zelda launched in spring and Mario in the fall).
Because they already dropped the Pikmin 3: DX news, I expect a Mario announcement will be dropped in a similar fashion on Twitter fairly soon.

I also won't rule out that Odyssey 2 is a different 3D Mario game in the style of Mario 3D World.
There's also talk of a new Zelda game by Grezzo.
🤴

team filler

• filler
  • filler
« Reply #8709 on: August 12, 2020, 07:42:45 PM »
 :rejoice

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #8710 on: August 13, 2020, 11:36:25 AM »
New platformer/action game from the same developer as Aggelos:

ど助平

Akala

• Easy Victor
« Reply #8711 on: August 13, 2020, 09:21:47 PM »
that langrisser combo physical is $36 on gamestop  :thinking

CatsCatsCats

• 🤷‍♀️
« Reply #8712 on: August 13, 2020, 09:27:32 PM »
Recently went back to Odyssey and just need to beat the “darker” side platforming level, and anything after that if there’s still more lol

I think it’s the best 3D Mario I’ve ever played, haven’t played the Wii U one tho

Svejk

« Reply #8713 on: August 14, 2020, 07:53:43 AM »
Recently went back to Odyssey and just need to beat the “darker” side platforming level, and anything after that if there’s still more lol

I think it’s the best 3D Mario I’ve ever played, haven’t played the Wii U one tho
I haven't played Odyssey yet, but I can tell you that 3D World is major puckered asshole.  By far the worst 3D Mario game.

BIONIC

• Virgo. Live Music. The Office. Tacos. Fur mom. True crime junkie. INTJ.
« Reply #8714 on: August 14, 2020, 07:55:57 AM »

I haven't played Odyssey yet, but I can tell you that 3D World is major puckered asshole.  By far the worst 3D Mario game.

I for one like puckered assholes and 3D World is da best  :snob
Margs

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #8715 on: August 14, 2020, 08:24:57 AM »
Odyssey has 900 moons and tons of cool end game stuff.

Still, like the Korok seeds you're not really meant to collect them all. It's more like a buffet of pick the ones you like to unlock all the content or discover something new every time you play.
The only criticism I have of Odyssey is that the worlds vary in quality quite a bit. So you sort of hover between 8/10 and 10/10 content and some pieces that are less good bring the experience down a bit.

3D World is the least interesting I suppose. It would be nice if they brought over both 3D World and 3D Land (or at least the parts that don't require the 3DS gimmicks).
Ranking the 3D Mario's is difficult. Super Mario 64 has the benefit of being the first but Galaxy was such a triumph on nearly every level that it's hard to beat.
All things considered Galaxy is probably my favorite.
🤴

demi

• cooler than willco
  • Administrator
« Reply #8716 on: August 14, 2020, 09:46:17 AM »
Odyssey takes a shit on 3D World, you're welcome to play it if you need more Mario to play I suppose
fat

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #8717 on: August 14, 2020, 11:43:41 AM »

I like it more than Sunshine.  There's some good levels in there.  Plus it led to CAPTAIN TOAD.
ど助平

Svejk

« Reply #8718 on: August 14, 2020, 01:34:17 PM »

I like it more than Sunshine.  There's some good levels in there.  Plus it led to CAPTAIN TOAD.
This is true... But that pretty much puts in perspective how shitty a Mario game it is; when a mini game from it spins-off an over all, better game from it.  :doge

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #8719 on: August 14, 2020, 01:43:01 PM »
I dunno if I would call it "shitty."  Just felt like an expanded Mario Land -which it was- with a focus on local multiplayer.  The last Mario game I just didn't like was NSMB2 on 3DS, which IIRC had levels designed by a Nintendo training team or something?  Wasn't big on the first NSMB on DS, either.  Wii and NSMB Wii U/DX were good though.
ど助平

Positive Touch

• Woo Papa
« Reply #8720 on: August 14, 2020, 01:59:05 PM »
mario world 3d feels like a different type of project than the other 3d marios. like it was clearly (from the little i played) based on the tose-developed 3d land and was supposed to be a pretty simple game, whereas stuff like 64, sunshine, galaxy, and odyssey are clearly much bigger and more ambitious games designed to really push the series forward.
pcp

Coffee Dog

« Reply #8721 on: August 14, 2020, 01:59:32 PM »
I don't think 3D World is shit at all, after Odyssey it's really nice to go back and play more obstacle course style of level design instead of the more minigame prone sandboxes.

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #8722 on: August 14, 2020, 02:14:21 PM »
I liked the game but didn't get to finish it- wiped my system data because I was about to sell it, but ended up keeping it, lol.  Maybe will start over one day

There were some fun stages like the Mario Kart level:

I would really like to see a Switch 'DX' port with all the levels from 3D Land added, but I doubt the latter would happen.
ど助平

Tuckers Law

« Reply #8723 on: August 14, 2020, 02:19:48 PM »
3D world is better than Odyssey. Captain Toad levels were icing on an already delicious cake.

Odyssey is a nice diversion catering to that subset of loud and bitchy collectathon fans that can’t enjoy anything else except for the Mario 64 formula, but Mario platformers moved forward with the Galaxy/3DLand style of games and hopefully the next main Mario is a continuation of either of those styles.

HardcoreRetro

• Punk Mushi no Onna
« Reply #8724 on: August 14, 2020, 02:20:53 PM »

^ This was my favourite thing in the game.

Tuckers Law

« Reply #8725 on: August 14, 2020, 02:23:38 PM »
3DWorld’s music owns.  Odyssey was a huge letdown in that department as well.

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #8726 on: August 14, 2020, 02:30:24 PM »
3DWorld’s music owns.  Odyssey was a huge letdown in that department as well.

Naw, can't agree there. 

ど助平

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #8727 on: August 14, 2020, 02:30:34 PM »
ど助平

HardcoreRetro

• Punk Mushi no Onna
« Reply #8728 on: August 14, 2020, 02:31:24 PM »
How dare you knock that Sonic Adventure styled song in the final level. Disgusting.

It's amazing.

Tuckers Law

« Reply #8729 on: August 14, 2020, 02:43:54 PM »
It’s not that I think it’s bad, just that I liked 3D world’s music a lot more.

Steam Gardens is dope though, it’s almost like a lost Mega Man track given the hifi treatment.

Svejk

« Reply #8730 on: August 14, 2020, 03:33:41 PM »
I guess my main gripe of 3D World, was trying to play it multiplayer.... which was one of the biggest things I looked forward too...  But Players 2 -4 have to succumb to using the forsaken Wiimotes.  Playing a 3D Mario (or any game for that matter) with only 8 directions?   :yuck  The game should highly benefit being ported to Switch for at least 2p local co-op.  Not sure why Nintendo has waited so long to do this.

team filler

• filler
  • filler
« Reply #8731 on: August 14, 2020, 04:01:48 PM »
I liked the game but didn't get to finish it- wiped my system data because I was about to sell it, but ended up keeping it, lol.  Maybe will start over one day

There were some fun stages like the Mario Kart level:

I would really like to see a Switch 'DX' port with all the levels from 3D Land added, but I doubt the latter would happen.
guy playing in vid sucks  :doge

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #8732 on: August 14, 2020, 07:00:09 PM »
It was hard to find a video that didn't have someone providing commentary on top of it.  :P
ど助平

Olivia Wilde Homo

• Proud Kinkshamer
« Reply #8733 on: August 15, 2020, 01:57:52 AM »
3D World has some top notch music, probably the best in any Mario game I played. I judged 3D World pretty harshly when it came out but I’d buy it again and give it another try if it was re-released.
🍆🍆

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #8734 on: August 15, 2020, 08:23:45 AM »
I guess my main gripe of 3D World, was trying to play it multiplayer.... which was one of the biggest things I looked forward too...  But Players 2 -4 have to succumb to using the forsaken Wiimotes.  Playing a 3D Mario (or any game for that matter) with only 8 directions?   :yuck  The game should highly benefit being ported to Switch for at least 2p local co-op.  Not sure why Nintendo has waited so long to do this.

Blaming the game because all you have to use are Wiimotes? 
 :dayum

It supports other controllers (classic and pro) and you could have also have used Wiimote/Nunchuks for analog controls.
 :bolo
ど助平

Svejk

« Reply #8735 on: August 15, 2020, 03:15:12 PM »

Blaming the game because all you have to use are Wiimotes? 
 :dayum

It supports other controllers (classic and pro) and you could have also have used Wiimote/Nunchuks for analog controls.
 :bolo
You're right.. it does support it, but nunchuk analogs aren't true analog.. and forget getting more controllers for the wiiuuuuu. The pro controllers are still too pricey even now..  :hans1

I dunno... 3D world feels like Zelda 2; an experimental game that didn't really go in the right direction.. Nintendo realized it and made Odyssey instead... Hell, they STILL haven't ported 3D World to smitch yet, because.. it's kinda not that great of a 3D Mario.   :maduro

paprikastaude

« Reply #8736 on: August 15, 2020, 03:37:52 PM »
lol every other 3D Mario is profoundly more experimental. 3D World is a joke because it's generic as fuck in a desperate attempt to gain more 2D fans for "big" Mario games. The result is a max 7/10 game as the first 3D Mario in HD  :lol Digital controls ( :jeanluc ) and trite New Mario Bros. aesthetics/progression that make it unbearably predictable. The first 3D Land was good, because it used stereoscopic 3D really well, which was also a new thing for the series. Which also means the entire concept makes zero sense on another platform like WiiU. The real sequel/evolution to 3D Land is Astrobot thanks to VR. And even the multiplayer is as generic as it gets. It was a decent new feature for New Mario Bros., but by the time 3D World came out, nothing special - couldn't even get online in. FallGuys is like if someone made an innovative multiplayer for 3D Land.
« Last Edit: August 15, 2020, 03:45:34 PM by Spieler1 »

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #8737 on: August 15, 2020, 08:52:32 PM »
They already wanted to do 3D World while they were working on 3D Land. The first launched in 2011, the second in 2013. It was always meant to be some sort of sequel and developed quite quickly.
One of the goals was also to make a game that would appeal to both 3D Mario and New Super Mario Bros. fans, to bridge the gap if you will.

The Iwata Asks on it is pretty interesting. Overall it seemed to have been a very smooth development process compared to other Wii U games.
So far it seems that EAD Tokyo makes their Mario games in 2's (Galaxy / Galaxy 2, 3D Land / 3D World, Odyssey / ? ).

It's a fun local multiplayer game and a great platform game. I think 7/10 is a bit harsh but it certainly wasn't the breath of fresh air that Galaxy 2 was over Galaxy.
Although with the transition from Galaxy to Galaxy 2 some of the elements that made Galaxy a classic got lost, such as the story, hub world and consistent aesthetic.
(Galaxy had a very distinct style and a cohesive theme while Galaxy 2 was more of a mishmash 'everything goes' assortment of Super Mario styles)
🤴

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Last Edit: August 16, 2020, 11:06:24 AM by bork »
ど助平

Olivia Wilde Homo

• Proud Kinkshamer
« Reply #8739 on: August 16, 2020, 11:03:06 AM »
That’s a shame if true, Skyward Sword sucks.
🍆🍆

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #8740 on: August 16, 2020, 11:18:20 AM »
There was also a page up for Need For Speed Hot Pursuit Remastered, but the link is dead.
ど助平

Let's Cyber

• Banned (duration pending)
« Reply #8741 on: August 16, 2020, 11:30:04 AM »
That’s a shame if true, Skyward Sword sucks.
It's probably the worst 3D Zelda but getting rid of the waggle would go a long way towards improving it. The sword stuff and swimming would be massively improved.

It still would have huge pacing problems but the dungeons are actually pretty solid.

Beezy

« Reply #8742 on: August 16, 2020, 01:15:17 PM »
Its the only console Zelda that I never even considered buying because of waggle, so I hope its true.

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #8743 on: August 16, 2020, 01:44:49 PM »
Awww yiss Skyward Sword. Would like to replay that.
🤴

team filler

• filler
  • filler
« Reply #8744 on: August 16, 2020, 01:51:26 PM »
the pinnacle of 3D zelda  :rejoice

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #8745 on: August 16, 2020, 03:00:36 PM »
Back in the day Nintendo of Europe made this really epic trailer

So Nintendo's line-up comes into view
- Pikmin 3: Deluxe
- The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword HD
- Super Mario 35th Anniversary
- Super Mario 3D World

Skyward Sword could also tie into Breath of the Wild 2.
The Malice seen in Breath of the Wild (and in the trailer of BOTW2) is present in Skyward Sword.

« Last Edit: August 16, 2020, 03:13:15 PM by Nintex »
🤴

team filler

• filler
  • filler
« Reply #8746 on: August 16, 2020, 03:30:32 PM »
ghirahim is back  :playa

Tripon

• Teach by day, Sleep by night
« Reply #8747 on: August 16, 2020, 07:29:37 PM »
Xenoblade 1: What if your sword allowed you to be god?
Xenoblade 2: What if your sword was your waifu, and you could fuck her? Multiple versions of her even

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #8748 on: August 16, 2020, 07:59:33 PM »
Xenoblade 1: What if your sword allowed you to be god?
Xenoblade 2: What if your sword was your waifu, and you could fuck her? Multiple versions of her even

Absolute genius  :preach

Nintendo: "We are a family friendly company.... "

spoiler (click to show/hide)
:teehee

Astral Chain / Police waifu :drool
Xenoblade 2 /  What if swords were waifu's :drool
Fire Emblem: Three Houses / fashy waifu, lawful waifu or chaotic waifu :drool
Super Mario Odyssey / Pauline or Peach, why not both?  :drool
Breath of the Wild / More like booty of the wild ;)
Smash Bros. Ultimate / Smash booty ultimate  :drool
Bayonetta 3 / Exclusive plz  :drool
Splatoon 2 / What if Octopuses were thicc?  :drool
Arms / Not only the arms are extended ;)
[close]
🤴

curly

• cultural maoist
« Reply #8749 on: August 16, 2020, 11:00:30 PM »
Honestly skyward sword sucks for reasons other than motion controls which really weren't that bad

Smart of Nintendo to release skyward sword before botw 2 which will do everything right that skyward does wrong

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #8750 on: August 17, 2020, 09:04:20 AM »
🤴

BIONIC

• Virgo. Live Music. The Office. Tacos. Fur mom. True crime junkie. INTJ.
« Reply #8751 on: August 17, 2020, 09:05:41 AM »
Wow, indies. Yay  ::)
Margs

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #8752 on: August 17, 2020, 09:11:26 AM »
Wow, indies. Yay  ::)
Indies first, then Nintendo :)
🤴

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #8753 on: August 17, 2020, 09:19:10 AM »
Wow, indies! Yay :hyper
ど助平

Pissy F Benny

• Is down with the sickness
« Reply #8754 on: August 17, 2020, 09:56:56 AM »
maybe they'll drop a megaton at the end as a surprise like the botw release date or the mario sunshine remaster :hyper
(ice)

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #8755 on: August 17, 2020, 10:33:07 AM »
maybe they'll drop a megaton at the end as a surprise like the botw release date or the mario sunshine remaster :hyper

ど助平

Joe Molotov

• I'm much more humble than you would understand.
  • Administrator
« Reply #8756 on: August 17, 2020, 10:53:21 AM »
I never played Skyward Sword because :zzz waggle :zzz so I'd be down for a Switch port, even if it's not that good.
©@©™

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #8757 on: August 17, 2020, 11:08:36 AM »
I never played Skyward Sword because :zzz waggle :zzz so I'd be down for a Switch port, even if it's not that good.

Same- will certainly try a non-waggle port, but wasn't the whole game built around this mechanic?
ど助平

HardcoreRetro

• Punk Mushi no Onna
« Reply #8758 on: August 17, 2020, 12:18:51 PM »
I actually found it one of the most entertaining uses of the motion controls. Only beaten by Red Steel 2 as the best motion controlled game.

Tuckers Law

« Reply #8759 on: August 17, 2020, 12:23:27 PM »
Waggle controls for skyward sword were mostly fine, that game had other problems that make it a chore.