Author Topic: Nintendo Switch Thread  (Read 948319 times)

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
Re: Nintendo Switch Thread
« Reply #3120 on: March 25, 2018, 04:28:57 PM »
This is what happens when you take Sakurai away from a series. Say what you will about the dude but he always goes for broke.

It's still a good game and I would recommend it to Kirby fans and kids...it's a quality title but at the same time just pretty much what you'd expect is all.
ど助平

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #3121 on: March 25, 2018, 05:05:12 PM »
It's a Kirby game, it's easy, looks gorgeous and sounds great.
You get exactly what you pay for, although full price is a bit steep. Maybe wait for a price drop.

🤴

demi

• cooler than willco
  • Administrator
« Reply #3122 on: March 26, 2018, 01:23:22 AM »
Dumped fire emblem, just was not enjoying it at all. Enjoyed Zelda and Dragon Quest more, will probably start up DQH2 on my ps4 instead.

Playing my last switch game before being caught up on switch - xenoblade 2
fat

kingv

« Reply #3123 on: March 26, 2018, 10:22:45 AM »
Once yo have kids, you really appreciate the shit out of easy games that aren’t utter garbage.

I’m not a huge fan of the lego games, but the challenge is about right for my six year old, so we can actually play them together. At the very least they are not complete shit, and have some fun and clever moments.

If Kirby can give me the same, I will be happy.

Olivia Wilde Homo

• Proud Kinkshamer
« Reply #3124 on: March 27, 2018, 09:51:33 PM »
Got up to 97% in Kirby and did everything and it's still at 97%.  Not sure what it takes to get to 100% but oh well, it's a 6-7/10 type of game and not really worth spending much effort trying to figure it out.
🍆🍆

Fifstar

« Reply #3125 on: March 28, 2018, 04:43:50 AM »
Played some more Mario Odyssey. I can understand the complaints about stars getting samey now. There really is no need for x times "catch the rabbit". And pimping Lady Goomba was charming as hell the first time but there is no point to doing it repeatedly. Still enjoying the fuck out of the game. Might be my favourite Mario outside of the first Yoshi's Island.
Gulp

Olivia Wilde Homo

• Proud Kinkshamer
« Reply #3126 on: March 28, 2018, 10:12:24 PM »
That's why there was 860 moons or whatever the fuck instead of something like 120.  You can pretty much decide how you want to progress in the game.  If you don't want to catch any rabbits, you could avoid every rabbit catching moon and still be able to beat the game and then some.  Hell, you can just buy a bunch of moons and skate by doing the bare minimum if you feel like it.  Of course, if you go get all 860 (or whatever, I forget the real number), then you pretty much explore every nook and cranny of the game.

As mentioned before, I like the Galaxy games better, but Nintendo did make a great effort to try to make sure that the game could be beaten in countless ways.
🍆🍆

demi

• cooler than willco
  • Administrator
« Reply #3127 on: March 28, 2018, 11:20:01 PM »
You can buy every single moon you want to hit 999 but you actually need to complete all the objectives on each world to unlock the bonuses ... which is just a gold colored sail on your ship. L U L

You can just hit 500 moons and unlock the Dark/er Sides of the Moon levels and stop there.
fat

Fifstar

« Reply #3128 on: March 29, 2018, 06:13:50 AM »
Yeah, I'm up to 250 moons and I think I will continue until I have 500 moons + some more until I get sick of exploring the levels. Definetly not going to 100% this.

Btw. I haven't played the galaxy or 3d world games. Maybe we will get a port or a wii virtual console version of the galaxy games considering the first one iss running on the chinese nvidia shield emulated.
Gulp

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #3129 on: March 29, 2018, 07:25:58 AM »
Then I see that the last DLC pack of Fire Emblem Warriors is coming out on the 29th so I'll revisit that and finally finish the game.  Looking forward to getting back into it.

It went up yesterday!  I think Olivia's moveset may actually be original(?), too.  I need to return to this as well and get back to the History Maps.
ど助平

Positive Touch

• Woo Papa
« Reply #3130 on: March 29, 2018, 08:34:21 AM »
the level you get at 500 moons is kicking my ass. havent played a mario level this tough since the secret levels in yoshi's island.

also it's funny to me when companies figure they have to release super simple and easy games when they're aimed at little kids. BACK IN MY DAY, we were beating the shit out of ungodly hard nes games because that's all there was. i understand wanting to make games more accessible but damn you don't have to insult kids' intelligence.
pcp

paprikastaude

« Reply #3131 on: March 29, 2018, 09:06:23 AM »
I remember when even as kids we were finding something like Yoshi's Story way too easy and we had to handicap our playthrough to make it somewhat worthwhile.

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #3132 on: March 29, 2018, 12:25:54 PM »
The new Lode Runner is up.  Gonna try it out in a minute if I get some free time.

ACA NeoGeo Sengoku 3 is also up on the J-eShop but is not up for 'Murica for whatever reason.  Grab this one-- it is one of the best beat-em-ups ever made!
ど助平

Svejk

« Reply #3133 on: March 29, 2018, 12:32:39 PM »

Positive Touch

• Woo Papa
« Reply #3134 on: March 29, 2018, 12:39:25 PM »
I remember when even as kids we were finding something like Yoshi's Story way too easy and we had to handicap our playthrough to make it somewhat worthwhile.

yoshis story might be the most disrespectful followup to a classic game in all of videogames
pcp

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #3135 on: March 29, 2018, 02:28:20 PM »
Lode Runner Legacy seems pretty good!  Not too big on the art style they went with ("3D 8-bit" visuals) and the little cut scenes that are fully-3D are painful to watch, but in-game it's fine.  You get Adventure mode with 50 levels, Extra mode with 20 more stages and new enemies, Puzzle mode (stages without enemies), Classic mode which is 150 levels (and possibly the original game art style?  The icon shows it but it's locked right now), and then World levels, where you can download user-created levels to play.  You can also play in a 2P local co-op mode and the Craft mode lets you create stuff like character models and items to use in addition to levels!
ど助平

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #3136 on: March 29, 2018, 02:38:49 PM »
Finally contacted Nintendo support to ask them about the Fire Emblem DLC issue I was experiencing (bought the digital version with the season pass, later got the cart and could not redownload the DLC; it would always download the full game and DLC instead), but no help was needed.  Must have been patched out at some point- now the game updates itself and downloads the DLC when you run the cart for the first time.  Removed a good 12 GB from my micro SD card with this.
:rejoice
ど助平

kingv

« Reply #3137 on: March 29, 2018, 02:52:11 PM »
Y’all can keep that fekkit shit, but I will never play a game with Lode in the name.

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #3138 on: March 29, 2018, 02:54:55 PM »
Y’all can keep that fekkit shit, but I will never play a game with Lode in the name.

It's a classic, man.
 :gurl
ど助平

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #3139 on: March 30, 2018, 12:10:02 PM »
ACA Sengoku 3 is up in 'Murica.

ACA Punch-Out!! is also up!
ど助平

Olivia Wilde Homo

• Proud Kinkshamer
« Reply #3140 on: March 30, 2018, 10:53:12 PM »
The ACA series is vastly underrated.  I need to start accumulating the good titles because I just know eventually some of them are going to go away and they're probably going to be the good ones, knowing my luck.
🍆🍆

HardcoreRetro

• Punk Mushi no Onna
« Reply #3141 on: March 31, 2018, 01:34:41 PM »
ACA Sengoku 3 is up in 'Murica.

ACA Punch-Out!! is also up!

The Tengai shoot em up looks pretty cool as well. You can play as a big titty spirit girl that shoots spirit sealing papers.

Olivia Wilde Homo

• Proud Kinkshamer
« Reply #3142 on: March 31, 2018, 07:57:51 PM »
I started playing FE Warriors with the new DLC packs.  Feels great to bust through level 99 and I see that they can go up to level 150.  Most of my characters were at 99 so I'm glad there's a lot more leveling up to do.
🍆🍆

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #3143 on: March 31, 2018, 08:58:29 PM »
Finished the Kirby story mode.

Holy shit at that ending.

spoiler (click to show/hide)
We are the masters of a power driven to the far reaches of the universe, and we have but one desire! Can one such as you possibly fathom how dearly we have clung to this dream across the aeons? How could you! You couldn’t! Never ever ever! We who once faced those who were in such fear of our power that they sealed us away and banished us to the edge of the galaxy! US! As if THAT loveliness wasn’t enough, they tried to erase our very existence from history! RUDE! Only through our magic were we able to overcome their science and achieve great prosperity! We alone were responsible for stopping that repulsive nightmare of a galactic crisis, yet this is how you repay us! This won’t stand! It won’t be forgiven! It won’t be forgotten! Never ever EVER! Those who called us mad, are you listening? You left us at the edge of the galaxy to be forgotten, then went along your merry way, probably living somewhere pretty and peaceful! But know this! Your future is a farce! You have none! We, masters of a matter most dark, vow to be restored, as foretold in the book of legend, which everyone thought was just a fairy tale! It WASN’T! We have already obtained the vessel that contains our Dark Lord, and he will soon awaken and shower us in compassion! Look! The vessel of our Dark Lord is filling up even as we speak! Now the time for his greatness to enter our world has come! Welcome to a new history! A new age! The age of awesome! HAPPY BIRTHDAY, DARK LORD! HAPPY BIRTHDAY!-Hyness (First)
[close]

🤴

Corporal

« Reply #3144 on: March 31, 2018, 09:16:37 PM »
FE:W DLC, eh.

I'm more interested in the Hyrule Warriors re-re-warming.

Was mad fun on 3DS. Buying it again will be stupid as fuck, especially since I haven't even taken a serious look at FE:W. And I'll be kinda missing the second screen of the WiiU/3DS versions. It won't even be half as fun without the tactical aspect of that. I mean, I guess they have accounted for that and added a map/character switch button or something, but it's not the same. I'm simultaneously fearing to find out more, and wanting to own the damn thing regardless.

Jeez. I'm such a sucker. :(
!list

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #3145 on: April 01, 2018, 06:20:24 AM »
FE:W DLC, eh.

I'm more interested in the Hyrule Warriors re-re-warming.

Was mad fun on 3DS. Buying it again will be stupid as fuck, especially since I haven't even taken a serious look at FE:W. And I'll be kinda missing the second screen of the WiiU/3DS versions. It won't even be half as fun without the tactical aspect of that. I mean, I guess they have accounted for that and added a map/character switch button or something, but it's not the same. I'm simultaneously fearing to find out more, and wanting to own the damn thing regardless.

Jeez. I'm such a sucker. :(
What I gathered so far is that it has 60fps and looks a lot better than it did on Wii U.

The only downside is that they've brightened up the skies a bit for better handheld gameplay.
I must say, I wasn't very interested in the Mosou type games so I didn't pick up FE Warriors or Hyrule Warriors before but I do feel like trying one of them on the Switch.

Everything just plays so well on the Switch.  :rejoice
🤴

Olivia Wilde Homo

• Proud Kinkshamer
« Reply #3146 on: April 01, 2018, 08:37:23 AM »
I'll be there for Hyrule Warriors too.  I'm disappointed that I haven't heard word on Warriors Orochi 3 Ultimate hitting the Switch in the US but you never know.  Seems like Koei-Tecmo has been doing pretty well recently in making sure that Musou games get released outside of Japan so it wouldn't surprise me if it comes out sometime this year.
🍆🍆

tiesto

• ルカルカ★ナイトフィーバー
« Reply #3147 on: April 01, 2018, 10:37:10 AM »

yoshis story might be the most disrespectful followup to a classic game in all of videogames

Chrono Cross
^_^

Corporal

« Reply #3148 on: April 01, 2018, 12:33:05 PM »

Chrono Cross
At least that one came with an amazing OST and a pretty cool battle system. Plus, all things considered, the graphics were dang good too. That they went off the deep end with regards to the story and really overdid it with the party member collectathon is a crying shame for sure, but all in all you can still have a good amount of fun with it. 

How about the Star Fox sequels. I never was a great fan of the initial games, but what came after was travesty after travesty. Granted, one could argue the franchise never took off in the first place, but what little promise there was has been stomped out and dirtied beyond recognition by now.

The Mana franchise is another joke with no punchline. The Gameboy game was, uh, unique, and after that came three games with great potential that were oodles of fun and that oozed a certain magic. Afterwards, a whole lot of fruitless experimentation, half-assed pandering and low budget money grabbing attempts. SquEnix just won't be happy until the last Mana fan on Earth is a bitter and burnt out husk hell-bent on the destruction of all that is good and just.

Another point could be made for the Final Fantasy franchise, but that particular dead horse has been beaten into subatomic particles and reconstituted so often, it's no longer worth even considering.

I also submit Metroid Other M. I mean, it can't get any worse than that. When the creator itself grudge-fucks the savaged corpse of your beloved franchise and makes you pay for the privilege to watch, Clockwork Orange style, you know you're in for a trauma or three.
!list

Fifstar

« Reply #3149 on: April 01, 2018, 04:08:43 PM »

Chrono Cross
At least that one came with an amazing OST and a pretty cool battle system. Plus, all things considered, the graphics were dang good too. That they went off the deep end with regards to the story and really overdid it with the party member collectathon is a crying shame for sure, but all in all you can still have a good amount of fun with it. 

How about the Star Fox sequels. I never was a great fan of the initial games, but what came after was travesty after travesty. Granted, one could argue the franchise never took off in the first place, but what little promise there was has been stomped out and dirtied beyond recognition by now.

The Mana franchise is another joke with no punchline. The Gameboy game was, uh, unique, and after that came three games with great potential that were oodles of fun and that oozed a certain magic. Afterwards, a whole lot of fruitless experimentation, half-assed pandering and low budget money grabbing attempts. SquEnix just won't be happy until the last Mana fan on Earth is a bitter and burnt out husk hell-bent on the destruction of all that is good and just.

Another point could be made for the Final Fantasy franchise, but that particular dead horse has been beaten into subatomic particles and reconstituted so often, it's no longer worth even considering.

I also submit Metroid Other M. I mean, it can't get any worse than that. When the creator itself grudge-fucks the savaged corpse of your beloved franchise and makes you pay for the privilege to watch, Clockwork Orange style, you know you're in for a trauma or three.

There have been obviously Lots of bad follow up s to good games for various reasons.
The thing with Yoshi is that Nintendo took a legit goat game where their designers had unprecedented creative freedom and turned it into that dull baby's first video game series. Not because of bad design or shitty project management, it was a strategic choice to position Yoshi as that kind of series.
Have to admit, Other M is similarly upsetting.
Gulp

Olivia Wilde Homo

• Proud Kinkshamer
« Reply #3150 on: April 01, 2018, 08:52:17 PM »
I really dislike the idea that kids can only handle babby easy games.  I played SMB and beat it when I was four years old and SMB3 when I was five.  Yoshi's Story and the Yoshi games after that have been insults to the series.
🍆🍆

Corporal

« Reply #3151 on: April 01, 2018, 09:10:44 PM »
I'm regularly getting my ass handed back to me by the kids from various relatives and friends. It's lunacy to pretend that kids need a babby's first game. Old farts like me with atrophied relfexes and barely any time for serious gaming need those. They should be called retirement games.
!list

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #3152 on: April 02, 2018, 08:48:28 AM »
I'll be there for Hyrule Warriors too.  I'm disappointed that I haven't heard word on Warriors Orochi 3 Ultimate hitting the Switch in the US but you never know.  Seems like Koei-Tecmo has been doing pretty well recently in making sure that Musou games get released outside of Japan so it wouldn't surprise me if it comes out sometime this year.

They've been really quiet on the Switch front with their releases outside Japan- No Koei-published musous are out on Switch in English I think.
ど助平

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #3153 on: April 02, 2018, 12:16:06 PM »
Yoshi is more like a mellow/relaxing game.

Overall I like the different approaches. After all just this year we get at least 3 platformers.
- Donkey Kong (hardcore stuff)
- Kirby (easy but hyperactive)
- Yoshi (mellow and relaxing)

New Super Mario Bros was in the easy to learn / hard to master bracket and will probably return as well soon.

🤴

Skullfuckers Anonymous

• Will hunt bullies for fruit baskets. PM for details.
« Reply #3154 on: April 02, 2018, 01:20:14 PM »
Is Snake Pass on Switch a decent game to get if I'm looking for something to entertain me during a day of Jury Duty?

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #3156 on: April 07, 2018, 06:49:19 PM »
In the end I got Bomberman too at the sale.

It's actually quite fun to play in local multiplayer with friends. The ice level with 8 players is just crazy  :doge
🤴

kingv

« Reply #3157 on: April 08, 2018, 10:30:14 AM »
Is Snake Pass on Switch a decent game to get if I'm looking for something to entertain me during a day of Jury Duty?

I didn’t like it much. Controls are really weird.

Transhuman

• youtu.be/KCVCmGPgJS0

Olivia Wilde Homo

• Proud Kinkshamer
« Reply #3159 on: April 08, 2018, 08:37:58 PM »
Remember those totally true stories of gaffers chatting up random hot chicks who were playing their Nintendo DS in public?  Imagine some fat, sweaty autist ranting at some poor girl for ten minutes straight about Nintendogs and Super Princess Peach.
🍆🍆

archnemesis

« Reply #3160 on: April 09, 2018, 09:27:51 AM »
I reached the end of Lost Sphear yesterday. Can anyone recommend a smaller game, preferably exclusive, that I can play while I wait for Xenoblade Chronicles 2 to arrive?

I’ve played:
1-2-Switch
Arms
Axiom Verge
Celeste
Golf Story
I am Setsuna
Lost Sphear
Mario + Rabbids Kingdom Battle
Picross S
Snipperclips Plus: Cut It Out Together!
Super Mario Odyssey

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #3161 on: April 09, 2018, 10:59:08 AM »
I reached the end of Lost Sphear yesterday. Can anyone recommend a smaller game, preferably exclusive, that I can play while I wait for Xenoblade Chronicles 2 to arrive?

I’ve played:
1-2-Switch
Arms
Axiom Verge
Celeste
Golf Story
I am Setsuna
Lost Sphear
Mario + Rabbids Kingdom Battle
Picross S
Snipperclips Plus: Cut It Out Together!
Super Mario Odyssey

Kamiko (overhead action game), Blossom Tales (Zelda LttP clone), or Dandara (not exclusive but no different on any other platform), maybe?  If you want a full-priced game, check out Penny-Punching Princess that just came out last week.  It's an overhead view action-RPG/brawler.
ど助平

archnemesis

« Reply #3162 on: April 09, 2018, 11:44:08 AM »
Thanks! Those are all great suggestions.

Great Rumbler

• Dab on the sinners
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #3163 on: April 09, 2018, 12:53:13 PM »
Anybody played Earthlock or WorldNeverland? I'm interested in both, but at $30 they're a bit outside my blind buy range.
dog

Fifstar

« Reply #3164 on: April 09, 2018, 03:59:19 PM »
Steamworld Dig 2 is great as well
Gulp

archnemesis

« Reply #3165 on: April 10, 2018, 12:12:03 PM »
I ended up playing demos instead. Puyo Puyo Tetris is pretty fun.

Beezy

« Reply #3166 on: April 10, 2018, 10:16:24 PM »
Yeah, I've always loved Puyo Pop. I think I'm gonna buy it.

pilonv1

• I love you just the way I am
« Reply #3167 on: April 11, 2018, 06:58:15 AM »
It's not exclusive but Gorogoa is fantastic
itm

archnemesis

« Reply #3168 on: April 11, 2018, 07:24:58 AM »
I played the iOS version that is $5 instead of $15. It is indeed fantastic.

Today I picked up Xenoblade Chronicles 2. Hopefully I will have time for it tonight.

Fifstar

« Reply #3169 on: April 11, 2018, 09:10:32 AM »

Thanks for bringing this to my attention, eShop already has to much shitty stuff that hides good interesting games like this one...
Gulp

demi

• cooler than willco
  • Administrator
fat

Great Rumbler

• Dab on the sinners
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #3171 on: April 12, 2018, 10:35:11 AM »
Level 5 CEO Akihiro Hino said in an interview with Nikkei Trendy on March 30 that Level 5 will release versions of all its main titles for Nintendo Switch from now on. Hino noted that this is because the company is moving on from releasing its main titles on Nintendo 3DS.

Hino also teased that he wanted to announce a "completely new work" that will commemorate the company's 20th anniversary in 2018. In an earlier interview with Katsuhiro Terada for 4Gamer, Hino also mentioned a 20th anniversary project that will have the "same scale" as an MMORPG. He also said that the game will be "modern day" instead of fantasy.
dog

Freyj

« Reply #3172 on: April 12, 2018, 02:14:06 PM »
Don’t Starve is out. $20 and includes the SP DLC but no Multi yet.

Heard good things about DST, I’ll probably check this out.
« Last Edit: April 12, 2018, 05:36:27 PM by Freyj »

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #3173 on: April 13, 2018, 08:23:59 AM »
'Murica Mega Man X Collection has the first set on a cart and the second set as a download code.

Japan Rockman X Collection has two carts with everything.

:huh

At least they're not pulling a Bayonetta and making it so that you have to buy an LE to get both physical carts.
ど助平

pilonv1

• I love you just the way I am
« Reply #3174 on: April 13, 2018, 09:51:26 PM »
Football Manager touch out for Switch

:bow: spreadsheet gaming :bow2
itm

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #3175 on: April 13, 2018, 09:56:30 PM »
Also from Sega:
Sega has announced Sega Ages for Switch.

More than 15 classic Sega titles, developed by M2, will be released via the Nintendo eShop starting this summer. Titles include Sonic the Hedgehog, Thunder Force IV, Phantasy Star, and more.

Thunder Force IV for Switch will be playable at Sega Fes 2018 this weekend.

They also just announced a Genesis Mini but no details yet.
ど助平

Svejk

« Reply #3176 on: April 13, 2018, 10:20:45 PM »
It best be decent.

Fifstar

« Reply #3177 on: April 14, 2018, 02:17:53 AM »
Also from Sega:
Sega has announced Sega Ages for Switch.

More than 15 classic Sega titles, developed by M2, will be released via the Nintendo eShop starting this summer. Titles include Sonic the Hedgehog, Thunder Force IV, Phantasy Star, and more.

Thunder Force IV for Switch will be playable at Sega Fes 2018 this weekend.

So that's why they don't put that new collection on switch.

Also doesn't bode well for a proper virtual console service starting soon.
Gulp

Olivia Wilde Homo

• Proud Kinkshamer
« Reply #3178 on: April 14, 2018, 08:13:55 AM »
Would be nice if Sega did more than just the usual Genesis shit.  Their PS2 ages stuff would be great, even if they just did a straight port.
🍆🍆

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #3179 on: April 14, 2018, 10:04:49 AM »
'Murica Mega Man X Collection has the first set on a cart and the second set as a download code.

Japan Rockman X Collection has two carts with everything.

:huh

At least they're not pulling a Bayonetta and making it so that you have to buy an LE to get both physical carts.

Update if you're an import idiot™ like me: The Rockman X collection does NOT have two carts...you have to buy Rockman X Collection 2 by itself to get it as a cart.
ど助平