Author Topic: Nintendo Switch Thread  (Read 933885 times)

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
Re: Nintendo Switch Thread
« Reply #4440 on: January 24, 2019, 02:34:07 PM »

This is a multiplatforum release- coming to PC, too.  Kinda want it, but when I look at footage of the arcade game, it looks like it would be something that would be good as a sleep aid.  Super slow pacing.
ど助平

Tasty

« Reply #4441 on: January 24, 2019, 03:07:34 PM »
No PC version for Japan apparently tho.

benjipwns

• your bright ideas always burn me
« Reply #4442 on: January 25, 2019, 08:57:22 AM »

Metroid Prime 4 development is being restarted and is now going to be developed by Retro Studios because Nintendo were not confident with the current status of the game.

Svejk

« Reply #4443 on: January 25, 2019, 09:12:00 AM »
Guess that means I can hold off a year or 3 before picking up a Switch now.   :yeshrug

benjipwns

« Reply #4444 on: January 25, 2019, 09:16:43 AM »
I don't know why but part of me thinks they mean "development is being started" but translation problems. :teehee

Akala

• Easy Victor
« Reply #4445 on: January 25, 2019, 10:22:40 AM »
was there any footage or anything released aside from the logo? I thought retro was working on this already, what have they been doing since DKTF?

Svejk

« Reply #4446 on: January 25, 2019, 10:29:13 AM »
Totally pulling this outta nowhere, but I want to say Bamco was initially working on MP4..???  Could be totally wrong, but I do recall that it was indeed NOT Retro.   But his could only be for the better, right?

At least they're being more upfront about it rather than leading us to think it's vaporware, like Sony did with The Last Guardian.

benjipwns

« Reply #4447 on: January 25, 2019, 10:33:26 AM »
There were linkedin profiles that linked it (haaaa) to Namco's new Singapore studio, but then word was it was brought back to Namco's main studios in Japan, so it's probably been having problems for some time.

With Nintendo doing the supervising role thing like they did with Other M.

Joe Molotov

• I'm much more humble than you would understand.
  • Administrator
« Reply #4448 on: January 25, 2019, 10:52:43 AM »
Switch 2 launch title
©@©™

Svejk

« Reply #4449 on: January 25, 2019, 12:23:46 PM »
Or this could be the first "AAA" Nintendo game to go full-on 3rd party?  :D  Or a full fledged Ninty streaming service launch title?

Aren't they considering exiting the hardware market anyway?
« Last Edit: January 25, 2019, 02:35:36 PM by Svejk »

kingv

« Reply #4450 on: January 25, 2019, 12:45:31 PM »
I’m cool with it going back to Retro, even though it probably pushes the game off like 2 years. Retro has been very consistent with high quality games, and obviously a MP4 that doesn’t feel like an evolution of Retros titles is going to be critically panned... also I don’t think there’s ever been a good Japanese FPS.

Edit: forgot rapelay.

Great Rumbler

• Dab on the sinners
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #4451 on: January 25, 2019, 02:19:47 PM »
Totally pulling this outta nowhere, but I want to say Bamco was initially working on MP4..???  Could be totally wrong, but I do recall that it was indeed NOT Retro.   But his could only be for the better, right?

At least they're being more upfront about it rather than leading us to think it's vaporware, like Sony did with The Last Guardian.

Word was that a Bandai-Namco team in Singapore was working on it, but it was never confirmed.
dog

Tasty

« Reply #4452 on: January 25, 2019, 03:49:53 PM »

This is like asking if Sony is considering an exit right now.

paprikastaude

« Reply #4453 on: January 25, 2019, 03:58:30 PM »
Guess that means I can hold off a year or 3 before picking up a Switch now.   :yeshrug

Right. The first exclusive I'd be interested in after Mario will be Luigi 3 and after that MP4, SMT5 and Bayo 3 - yet none of the latter three should be expected before late 2020 (if even that) :doge And Bayo is the only one I trust to come out with quality for sure. Modern Nintendo and Atlus have become hit or miss at best :larry

Svejk

« Reply #4454 on: January 25, 2019, 04:17:34 PM »

This is like asking if Sony is considering an exit right now.
http://fortune.com/2019/01/07/nintendo-nikkei-exiting-hardware/

Shuntaro Furukawa, in an interview with Nikkei, hinted that Nintendo could move out of the business of making video game consoles at some point in the future, saying “flexibility is just as important as ingenuity”.

“We aren’t really fixated on our consoles,”he said, as translated by fan site NintendoEverything. “At the moment we’re offering the uniquely developed Nintendo Switch and its software — and that’s what we’re basing how we deliver the ‘Nintendo experience’ on. That being said, technology changes. We’ll continue to think flexibly about how to deliver that experience as time goes on. … Nintendo’s history goes back even farther than that, and through all the struggles that they faced the only thing that they thought about was what to make next. In the long-term, perhaps our focus as a business could shift away from home consoles – flexibility is just as important as ingenuity.”
Personally, I'd think it'd be great if Nintendo followed the ways of Sega.  They'd probably handle their IP's better than Sega does theirs.  :doge

nachobro

• Live Más
« Reply #4455 on: January 25, 2019, 04:28:24 PM »
i'm also considering buying an island "at some point in the future"

team filler

• filler
  • filler
« Reply #4456 on: January 25, 2019, 05:18:32 PM »
now is the time for prime trilogy on switch

just bundle every metroid game for 30$  ::)

Tasty

« Reply #4457 on: January 25, 2019, 06:08:36 PM »
"We're keeping our options open and trying to be flexible in the long-term-"

"NINTENDO GOING THIRD PARTY CONFIRMED!" :nintendo

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #4458 on: January 25, 2019, 06:27:16 PM »
"Oh boy this game is really going in the wrong direction"
*looks around*
"Let's give it to these guys they haven't shipped anything in *checks notes* 5 years"

Retro's 2015 game better be finished or something.  :doge
Or Star Fox Grand Prix was so bad it sucked Metroid Prime 4 into the void as well.

🤴

Himu

« Reply #4459 on: January 25, 2019, 08:26:14 PM »
Went to gamestop today and played a Switch. I really liked it!! Switch = smile town. I smiled the entire time I had a controller in my hand. :) I tried out Mario Odyssey, NSMBU, and BOTW. I was captivated by all three. I played some of NSMB Luigi U courses and the hardest one was really fun! And challenging! I really like the system and I will hopefully be able to purchase once my college application stuff is done. I smiled more playing the Switch than I have done the entirety of me owning a PS4. :) :heartbeat

In Zelda I played jungle boy, king of the jungle. He only wears tight shorts and goes around shirtless! *Tarzan yell*
IYKYK

CatsCatsCats

• 🤷‍♀️
« Reply #4460 on: January 25, 2019, 10:20:13 PM »
And there’s Animal Crossing on the horizon

Tasty

« Reply #4461 on: January 25, 2019, 11:06:16 PM »
The last time I was as hyped for a game with no footage as I am for Animal Crossing Switch, I think 3DS had yet to hit shelves.

Yeah that's the truly wonderful part. We get both the total immersion of a home console game, playing under a blanket while it rains outside, maybe even meeting up at a friend's town online; AND we get to take the game and play it anywhere we want, whenever we want, to catch up on the more chore-like daily tasks when we have minutes to spare.

This might be the ultimate Animal Crossing if they pull it off right.

The Switch is such a genius design.

Tasty

« Reply #4462 on: January 25, 2019, 11:12:57 PM »
And I'm still playing New Leaf. :heart

I'm imagining Animal Crossing Switch with New Leaf's level of post-update support (maybe even more??) :drool

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #4463 on: January 26, 2019, 05:35:10 AM »
Nintendo Direct 29.1.2019!!!

Nintendo Switch Highlights!!!
"Animal Crossing Switch did not meet our high standards for development and thus we have decided to delay the game until at least 2021"
"Thank you so much for your patience. We hope to deliver the best game possible."

"Super Mario Sunshine 2 is now in development"
*LOGO*

"Zelda Switch 2 is now in development!"
"This is Eiji Aonuma from Nintendo. I'm happy to announce that yesterday we started work on a new Zelda game. It will take quite some time before it is finished. Thank you very much for your contintued support of the series."
"I would also like to announce that The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword is the first Wii game coming to the Nintendo eShop for Switch. You can buy a special Wii Remote Nintendo Switch edition to use with this game and the game we're announcing next..."

"Nintendo Wii Games on eShop and Nintendo Online!"
"That's right. Nintendo Switch owners can look forward to Nintendo Wii classics on Nintendo Online and the Nintendo eShop."
"Today we are announcing the line-up up until the end of 2019
March 3: Zelda Skyward Sword
May 25: New Play Control: Pikmin 2
September 3: Metroid Prime 3 (before the launch of Metroid Prime 3 the Nintendo Wii Nunchuk Nintendo Switch Special Metroid edition will also be available for purchase for a limited time)

You can either purchase the Nintendo Online expansion pass for $49,99 to play all these games when they release and more in the future. Or you can buy them seperately from the eShop for $29,99.

Wii Party 2!
"That's right. Wii Party is coming back. Tanks 2, Fishing 2, everything is better with 2! Wii Party 2 will release November 21st worldwide"

Third party highlights!
"That's not all. Because  we're proud to announce that Rockstar Tennis is headed to Nintendo Switch"
"Our good friends at SEGA have decided to bring over their hit game SONIC THE HEDGEHOG to Nintendo Switch. A remaster of this 2016 classic that Nintendo fans missed back in the day!"
"Ubisoft is proud to announce the Assassins Creed Classic Collection. This double pack features Assassins Creed and Assassins Creed 2 for the low price of $39,99"
"And finally RESIDENT EVIL is coming to Nintendo Switch. Resident Evil 4: Nintendo Switch Edition will launch this June!"
*Metroid tune plays*
"That's right. The Resident Evil 4: Switch Edition Mercenaries Mode will include Samus Aran as a playable character in her Zero Suit Samus outfit"

"Something for Nintendo 3DS fans"
*F-Zero tune plays*
"We're happy to announce that 2 classic F-Zero games will launch on Nintendo 3DS soon.  F-Zero GP Legend and F-Zero Maximum Velocity. Experience these Game Boy Advance Classics for the first time on Nintendo 3DS"

Thank you for supporting NiNtEnDo SwItCh
« Last Edit: January 26, 2019, 05:47:56 AM by Nintex »
🤴

Tasty

« Reply #4464 on: January 26, 2019, 09:59:33 AM »

Great Rumbler

• Dab on the sinners
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #4465 on: January 26, 2019, 10:26:08 AM »
Nintex, please keep your fantasies confined to the politics thread. Thanks.
dog

Rufus

• 🙈🙉🙊
« Reply #4466 on: January 26, 2019, 12:35:01 PM »
Nintex, please keep your fantasies confined to the politics thread. Thanks.
[Mandark will remember that.]

Cerveza mas fina

• I don't care for Islam tbqh
  • filler
« Reply #4467 on: January 26, 2019, 02:37:25 PM »
Im really bummed about Metroid, but I hope this means we get trilogy, which I never played.

Cerveza mas fina

• I don't care for Islam tbqh
  • filler
« Reply #4468 on: January 26, 2019, 02:39:46 PM »
Nintex i hope you copy pastad that from neogaf

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #4469 on: January 26, 2019, 04:56:12 PM »
Im really bummed about Metroid, but I hope this means we get trilogy, which I never played.

Some supposed "insider" type on Twitter said a Prime Trilogy port is already complete and waiting to be announced.
ど助平

Joe Molotov

• Administrator
« Reply #4470 on: January 26, 2019, 05:04:26 PM »

Some supposed "insider" type on Twitter said a Prime Trilogy port is already complete and waiting to be announced.

Wait for Spaceworld
©@©™

team filler

• filler
  • filler
« Reply #4471 on: January 26, 2019, 05:11:55 PM »

"You can buy a special Wii Remote Nintendo Switch edition to use with this game"?  :-[

benjipwns

« Reply #4472 on: January 26, 2019, 11:57:02 PM »
I'm not an "insider", but multiple sources are telling me that a Prime Trilogy port, or port of any Wii or GameCube title could be completed in practically no time. The reason I know this is because fucking Dolphin can run on the Tegra and Nintendo actually has the original assets for everything. Since Retro has already ported from the Wii U to the Switch it probably wouldn't be a major task.

Sorry filler, I'd rather they ported Prime 3 to standard controls simply because the actual Prime Trilogy swapping of visors and beams is so much worse than using the d-pad and c-stick were.

Nobody noticed this because nobody probably tried to play Prime 2, they just booted up the first game and played through the intro then never touched the Trilogy again. Also, I want the old overlays back. See those sexy bones in Samus' arm with the X-Ray Visor. :lawd

I'm totally up for buying all three games a third time though. :wow

kingv

« Reply #4473 on: January 27, 2019, 12:00:48 AM »
I actually am pretty sure you can already connect a wiimote to switch. They just use normal ass Bluetooth.

They obviously don’t work (except possibly MAYBE the analog stick or d-pad) but I’m pretty sure you can connect them.

Presumably Nintendo could just update the firmware to allow the imports to work and release a usb sensor bar.

kingv

« Reply #4474 on: January 27, 2019, 12:01:50 AM »
I'm not an "insider", but multiple sources are telling me that a Prime Trilogy port, or port of any Wii or GameCube title could be completed in practically no time. The reason I know this is because fucking Dolphin can run on the Tegra and Nintendo actually has the original assets for everything. Since Retro has already ported from the Wii U to the Switch it probably wouldn't be a major task.

Sorry filler, I'd rather they ported Prime 3 to standard controls simply because the actual Prime Trilogy swapping of visors and beams is so much worse than using the d-pad and c-stick were.

Nobody noticed this because nobody probably tried to play Prime 2, they just booted up the first game and played through the intro then never touched the Trilogy again. Also, I want the old overlays back. See those sexy bones in Samus' arm with the X-Ray Visor. :lawd

Getting them in HD alone would be pretty legit.

benjipwns

« Reply #4475 on: January 27, 2019, 12:22:04 AM »
I'd like a USB sensor bar actually, I always think about looking for a cheap one that doesn't need the Wii on. There probably are USB ones I should look for, the Wii has USB after all...maybe some of those wireless ones work without the Wii having to be on.

kingv

« Reply #4476 on: January 27, 2019, 02:01:45 AM »
I bought a usb sensor bar off eBay during the Wii U timeframe.

I think it was like $12.

I got it so I could power it straight off the tv.

benjipwns

« Reply #4477 on: January 27, 2019, 02:19:07 AM »
Oh, I hadn't looked in a while, a lot of the wireless ones still required you to plug into the Wii or they wouldn't turn on.

I mean I don't have a huge problem with plugging my Wii in and sticking the sensor bar under my monitor, but it'd be nice to cut out that one step.

benjipwns

« Reply #4478 on: January 27, 2019, 02:20:03 AM »
lmao
Nextronics Sensor Bar USB for Wii / Wii U / PC / Mac / Emulator - Stylish Black Color
$9

benjipwns

« Reply #4479 on: January 27, 2019, 02:24:22 AM »
oh cool, here's one with 8% off coupon, makes it $8...they're all around $9-10

looks like these are actually catching on because i deleted the usb part and they're still on the first page of results, used to only be the actual third party ones for the wii, almost all of these mention use for PC

benjipwns

« Reply #4480 on: January 27, 2019, 02:27:04 AM »
SUGGESTED FOR YOU

FREQUENTLY BOUGHT TOGETHER
Mayflash GameCube Controller Adapter for Wii U, PC USB and Switch, 4 Port by May Flash $19.99

Gamecube Controller, 2 Packs Classic Wired Controllers Compatible with Wii Nintendo Gamecube $17.99

Super Smash Bros. Ultimate by Nintendo $56.99

2 Pack Classic N64 Controller, iNNEXT N64 Wired USB PC Game pad Joystick, N64 Bit USB… $20.89

nah i'm good

Rufus

• 🙈🙉🙊
« Reply #4481 on: January 27, 2019, 02:32:46 AM »
Aprospos Mayflash, their DolphinBar is great. The name is no coincidence. :shh

benjipwns

« Reply #4482 on: January 27, 2019, 03:10:00 AM »
i looked that up, this was in the related items and now i'm scared:
AuviPal R9 2.4GHz Mini Wireless Keyboard Mouse Combo with 2 in 1 USB Cable for Streaming TV Stick (2nd Gen)/ Raspberry Pi/Xbox/PS/Android/Mac/PC - RGB Colorful Backlit Version

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #4483 on: January 27, 2019, 06:56:21 AM »

In MP Trilogy they made boss battles easier in MP2 echoes and they removed all the cool beam particle effects such as the freezing of the Ice Beam.
They also removed the option to Freeze pirates and shatter them with a missile as well as the water ripple effect.

I kinda wonder if MP/MP2/MP3 are still worth it in 2019 or if I should just preserve my memories of them instead.  :fbm
🤴

benjipwns

« Reply #4484 on: January 28, 2019, 10:59:35 AM »
Just got a message that DEFENSE GRID 2 releases on Nintendo Switch™ on February 7th.

I order all of you to purchase it.

Joe Molotov

• Administrator
« Reply #4485 on: January 28, 2019, 11:47:22 AM »
Just got a message that DEFENSE GRID 2 releases on Nintendo Switch™ on February 7th.

I order all of you to purchase it.

thats_a_name_i_have_not_heard_in_a_long_time.jpg
©@©™

CatsCatsCats

• 🤷‍♀️
« Reply #4486 on: January 28, 2019, 12:53:15 PM »
Is it free? Cuz pretty sure I’ve already played it for free

Tasty

« Reply #4487 on: January 28, 2019, 08:22:21 PM »
i looked that up, this was in the related items and now i'm scared:
AuviPal R9 2.4GHz Mini Wireless Keyboard Mouse Combo with 2 in 1 USB Cable for Streaming TV Stick (2nd Gen)/ Raspberry Pi/Xbox/PS/Android/Mac/PC - RGB Colorful Backlit Version
(Image removed from quote.)

I thought this said "ArviPad" at first, and... it fits.

Olivia Wilde Homo

• Proud Kinkshamer
« Reply #4488 on: January 28, 2019, 11:45:55 PM »
I really like NSMBU this go around.  Probably my third favorite 2D Mario behind SMW and SMB3.  A decent reimagining of both those games.  Got all the star coins except a couple on superstar road.
🍆🍆

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #4489 on: January 31, 2019, 01:38:51 PM »
https://gematsu.com/2019/01/nikkei-smaller-switch-due-out-in-2019

That's right. A smaller Switch with none of the things that make a Switch the Switch.  :neo
🤴

HardcoreRetro

• Punk Mushi no Onna
« Reply #4490 on: January 31, 2019, 02:33:04 PM »
"Nikkei also reports that in addition to the Nintendo Switch Online service launched in September 2018, Nintendo plans to launch a more expensive service in 2019."

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #4491 on: January 31, 2019, 03:22:37 PM »

That's right. A smaller Switch with none of the things that make a Switch the Switch.  :neo

I'd be all for a smaller model, for more comfortable handheld use, and might buy this if there's still a way to use it docked.  Otherwise, nah, I guess.  I never use the Joycons separately unless it's required and even then it's not like I couldn't just pair up the separate joycons with the smaller Switch.

Really just depends on if this is a like the New 3DS, I.E. all the same features of the original, just smaller, or the 2DS, I.E. without the 3D, mono sound, and a cheaper build.

"Nikkei also reports that in addition to the Nintendo Switch Online service launched in September 2018, Nintendo plans to launch a more expensive service in 2019."

This, though....LOL.  Just...LOL.
ど助平

TakingBackSunday

• Banana Grabber
« Reply #4492 on: January 31, 2019, 04:45:01 PM »
Pay 35 bucks a year for access to 8 SNES games!
püp

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #4493 on: January 31, 2019, 04:48:29 PM »
You can either purchase the Nintendo Online expansion pass for $49,99 to play all these games when they release and more in the future. Or you can buy them seperately from the eShop for $29,99.
:smug
🤴

Human Snorenado

• Stay out of Malibu, Lebowski
  • Icon
« Reply #4494 on: January 31, 2019, 04:48:42 PM »

Fandrex: "Genius, I'll buy 3"
yar

TakingBackSunday

• Banana Grabber
« Reply #4495 on: January 31, 2019, 05:02:04 PM »
I could absolutely see them making a smaller switch that doesn't even fit into the fucking dock

charger sold separately

540p screen
püp

paprikastaude

« Reply #4496 on: January 31, 2019, 05:13:05 PM »

Those SNES Roms will cost you fucks  :bolo

2ds :neo

though I'd rather have a cheap tv only one, vita tv style.

naff

• someday you feed on a tree frog
« Reply #4497 on: January 31, 2019, 05:16:58 PM »
Picked up a Switch randomly, had no plans but a colleague was selling his pretty much unused one with BoW, MK8 and Splatoon 2 for a ridiculous price so i jumped on it. Not sure what to do with my Wii U. Think I'm going to keep it as a hacked pir8 console. Switch is incredible.

Went to watch a friends ultimate frisbee game after buying it (her bday), possibly the lamest wypipo sport next to netball, mostly just played BoW and Hollow Knight :rejoice
◕‿◕

team filler

• filler
  • filler
« Reply #4498 on: January 31, 2019, 05:31:51 PM »
how cheap can they get the price if they take out portability from switch?

Trent Dole

• the sharpest tool in the shed
« Reply #4499 on: January 31, 2019, 07:07:49 PM »
I'd imagine them nixing the screen would enable to kick the price down a good bit.
Hi