Author Topic: Nintendo Switch Thread  (Read 934291 times)

tiesto

• ルカルカ★ナイトフィーバー
Re: Nintendo Switch Thread
« Reply #4620 on: February 15, 2019, 10:17:34 AM »
Rune Factory is the only waifu shit I can tolerate, because I know it comes from Harvest Moon. But I hope the new one is like the Wii game and SNES HM, in which you need to explore and interact to get all the tools and citizens. Not a fan of HM/RF entries in which everything is unlocked from the get-go.

Never got into this series but I like Neverland a whole lot (Chaos Seed, Lufia 2, CIMA)... should I jump in with 4 remix? Is there a good balance between the farming and dungeoneering? Anything else I should know?
^_^

kingv

« Reply #4621 on: February 15, 2019, 11:48:06 AM »
I think MARIO Maker 2 looks like it actually has a good amount of new content from the first one.

It has new power ups, slopes, and I think maybe tile sets. Like what else could one want?

Olivia Wilde Homo

• Proud Kinkshamer
« Reply #4622 on: February 15, 2019, 11:56:20 AM »
Like what else could one want?

Your mom, spread eagle
🍆🍆

kingv

« Reply #4623 on: February 15, 2019, 02:19:26 PM »
Not rated E for everyone.

team filler

• filler
  • filler
« Reply #4624 on: February 15, 2019, 02:39:48 PM »
probably get a switch when link awakener comes out, even though it's babby  ::)

Yeti

• Hail Hydra
« Reply #4625 on: February 15, 2019, 03:02:46 PM »
I’m excited for Mario Maker, I almost considered buying a Wii U solely for it.
WDW

paprikastaude

« Reply #4626 on: February 15, 2019, 11:39:11 PM »
Rune Factory is the only waifu shit I can tolerate, because I know it comes from Harvest Moon. But I hope the new one is like the Wii game and SNES HM, in which you need to explore and interact to get all the tools and citizens. Not a fan of HM/RF entries in which everything is unlocked from the get-go.

Never got into this series but I like Neverland a whole lot (Chaos Seed, Lufia 2, CIMA)... should I jump in with 4 remix? Is there a good balance between the farming and dungeoneering? Anything else I should know?

I didn't have 4, they fucked up the EU release. I thought Wii had the best one, there was zero handholding and full openness. I only played 3 on DS and I guess 4 was similar. It was also good but much more streamlined.

Bebpo

« Reply #4627 on: February 16, 2019, 01:39:21 AM »
I tried the Daemon x Machina demo and I actually liked it? What's wrong with me.

Like it's jank, but otherwise feels like a more arcade-y Armored Core. The framerate is about what I'm used to in armored core and the speed seemed quick enough. It's not greaaaat, but usually these games bore me in a couple missions. I made it through 3 here (skipping all cutscenes/dialogue of course) and wouldn't mind playing more on the full release.

Cerveza mas fina

• I don't care for Islam tbqh
  • filler
« Reply #4628 on: February 16, 2019, 02:42:38 AM »
I liked it too and I liked the music BUT some of the fights take waaaaaay too long (try the boss fight) and you run out of ammo and it all gets zzzzzz.

Got Captain Toad on sale and really enjoying it :)

paprikastaude

« Reply #4629 on: February 16, 2019, 06:30:44 AM »
Bayo 3 was what i was waiting for to get a Switch (or a revision, whicever came first) but that new Astral Chain looks real nice, and if that Oninaki has action combat, i may even think about that, too (probably on the cheap tho).
Fuck though, designs by Katsura? Hadn't read that name since i was like, 13, reading VideoGirl AI, ShadowLady, I'S, DNA and Zetman...
spoiler (click to show/hide)
though he was mostly famous for drawing some legendary ass shots.
[close]
  :doge

The game looks much more generic, I would have never recognized him. Feels like it could have as well been the latest Tales of, mostly because of the faces. Also, how wrong was DNA² - Japan suffering from too many kids?  :lol
« Last Edit: February 16, 2019, 07:16:29 AM by Spieler1 »

Cerveza mas fina

• filler
« Reply #4630 on: February 17, 2019, 01:14:26 PM »
Captain Toad is a lot of fun and should turn any frown upside down  :-*

Don Rumata

• Hard To Be A John
« Reply #4631 on: February 17, 2019, 01:55:31 PM »
Also, how wrong was DNA² - Japan suffering from too many kids?  :lol
Lol, though IIRC, it was all the doing's of the mega playboy or whatever he was called.

Basically a Jesus-like figure, coming to save Japan from its birthrate apocalypse!

agrajag

« Reply #4632 on: February 17, 2019, 11:17:57 PM »
played the Yoshi demo. Pretty much the cutest game ever, but I am not sold on the gameplay. I get it, I am not in the target demo. I guess I'll buy New Mario Bros. U Deluxe (what a shitty name) to scratch my platforming itch.

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #4633 on: February 18, 2019, 04:00:30 PM »
So rumor has it Nintendo is reviving a dead game and now the ninthings are all convinced it is Scalebound.
What do the ladies and gentlemen of the bire think?

Scalebound would make sense so I doubt that's the game Nintendo is thinking about bringing back.
Watch it be some obscure Wii game, a Factor 5 Star Wars game or the Wii U party game that Ubisoft finished but never released.

Come to think of it the Star Wars game would make the most sense because Julian Eggebrecht actually talked about shopping it to publishers.
Not to mention Nintendo has a gaping hole in their sci-fi line-up with Metroid missing in action and Disney is losing out on that sweet Switch money.
🤴

Joe Molotov

• I'm much more humble than you would understand.
  • Administrator
« Reply #4634 on: February 18, 2019, 04:13:51 PM »
Mother 64
©@©™

Cerveza mas fina

• filler
« Reply #4635 on: February 18, 2019, 04:19:24 PM »
Star wars game doesnt make any sense nintex cause ea has the license

Great Rumbler

• Dab on the sinners
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #4636 on: February 18, 2019, 04:27:47 PM »
Maybe it's Raven Blade? :ohhh
dog

demi

• cooler than willco
  • Administrator
« Reply #4637 on: February 18, 2019, 04:30:50 PM »
it's star tropics 3. it's coming baby. my dick is hard
fat

Great Rumbler

• Dab on the sinners
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #4638 on: February 18, 2019, 04:33:50 PM »
it's star tropics 3. it's coming baby. my dick is hard

dog

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #4639 on: February 18, 2019, 04:47:39 PM »
So rumor has it Nintendo is reviving a dead game and now the ninthings are all convinced it is Scalebound.
What do the ladies and gentlemen of the bire think?

Nah.  It's not a "long-dead game" and pretty sure Microsoft owns the IP (and are the ones who canceled it).
ど助平

team filler

• filler
  • filler
« Reply #4640 on: February 18, 2019, 04:55:25 PM »
eternal dankness  8)

TakingBackSunday

• Banana Grabber
« Reply #4641 on: February 19, 2019, 10:00:06 AM »
starcraft ghost
püp

Cerveza mas fina

• filler
« Reply #4642 on: February 19, 2019, 02:23:23 PM »
starcraft ghost

Warcraft Adventures: Lord of the Clans

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #4643 on: February 19, 2019, 02:35:51 PM »
ど助平

team filler

• filler
  • filler
« Reply #4644 on: February 19, 2019, 02:56:49 PM »
Dead Phoenix  :o

Joe Molotov

• Administrator
« Reply #4645 on: February 19, 2019, 03:09:31 PM »
Super Mario 128 :o
©@©™

kingv

« Reply #4646 on: February 19, 2019, 03:21:47 PM »
I was going to say project robot, but I think that might actually have ended up as Labo.

Purrp Skirrp

• Mr. Paté
« Reply #4647 on: February 19, 2019, 03:22:15 PM »

HardcoreRetro

• Punk Mushi no Onna
« Reply #4648 on: February 19, 2019, 04:06:43 PM »
What about that Project HAMMER game for Wii.

paprikastaude

« Reply #4649 on: February 19, 2019, 04:42:41 PM »
They bought Rareware back to finish Project Dream???

kingv

« Reply #4650 on: February 19, 2019, 05:36:08 PM »
They are bringing back... Pro Wrestling.

I’m going Kin Corn Karn on em.

Maybe punch out? I don’t know if it’s “long dead” but the last game was almost 10 years ago.

team filler

• filler
  • filler
« Reply #4651 on: February 19, 2019, 05:43:14 PM »
8)
« Last Edit: February 19, 2019, 06:09:59 PM by filler »

demi

• cooler than willco
  • Administrator
« Reply #4652 on: February 19, 2019, 05:44:23 PM »
Received Travis Strikes Back from gamefly. Had to blow the dust off my switch. Wish it was nice and clean like my Vita
fat

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
🤴

Bebpo

« Reply #4654 on: February 19, 2019, 06:20:26 PM »
Received Travis Strikes Back from gamefly. Had to blow the dust off my switch. Wish it was nice and clean like my Vita

Let me know if this is worth playing when it's $5
I like good Suda, but boy do I not like bad Suda.

agrajag

« Reply #4655 on: February 19, 2019, 10:11:27 PM »
yo guys, the rumor is that it's a third party property not an Nintendo one.

team filler

• filler
  • filler
« Reply #4656 on: February 20, 2019, 01:26:30 AM »
nintendo's going third party?  ::)

kingv

« Reply #4657 on: February 20, 2019, 07:19:36 AM »
The wording of the runour makes me think it really might actually be Scalebound. It talks about it being “very publically canceled” and not just left for dead for a while.

Project Hammer might also work for it, I just think the idea of them brushing that one off seems a lot more unlikely.

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #4658 on: February 20, 2019, 11:09:45 PM »
Aragami Shadow Edition is out for Switch (tomorrow for 'Murica)- Tried the first couple of levels out docked and it runs pretty well.  Not the best framerate, but it's steady enough in the areas where you need to get by or kill guards.  Hopefully it runs OK in portable mode.

Dead Cells also finally got its 60 FPS patch.  Time to try it again...
ど助平

benjipwns

• your bright ideas always burn me
« Reply #4659 on: February 20, 2019, 11:26:22 PM »
The wording of the runour makes me think it really might actually be Scalebound. It talks about it being “very publically canceled” and not just left for dead for a while.
True Fantasy Live Online :gladbron

Cerveza mas fina

• filler
« Reply #4660 on: February 21, 2019, 01:44:19 AM »
True Fantasy Live Online :gladbron

Motherfucker

I waited on that so hard

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #4661 on: February 27, 2019, 03:38:50 PM »
Pokemon Sword and Shield announced for Switch:

ど助平

Rufus

• 🙈🙉🙊
« Reply #4662 on: February 27, 2019, 04:02:56 PM »
Someone on Reddit called it Pokemon Protecc and Pokemon Atacc
:lol

Bebpo

« Reply #4663 on: February 27, 2019, 04:29:38 PM »

The only pokemon I've played is X/Y and this looks the same but with better graphics. Hmmm.

Was reading the reactions on Era and a lot of people were mentioning things that Let's Go did that were improvements like non-random battles and riding pokemon and stuff. What's the downside of Let's Go? Like if I wanted to play a pokemon game on Switch in a year why would I play this new one over Let's Go?

Joe Molotov

• Administrator
« Reply #4664 on: February 27, 2019, 04:36:42 PM »
Like if I wanted to play a pokemon game on Switch in a year why would I play this new one over Let's Go?

Pro Controller/Dual Analog controls, I would hope.
©@©™

curly

• cultural maoist
« Reply #4665 on: February 27, 2019, 05:35:04 PM »

Like if I wanted to play a pokemon game on Switch in a year why would I play this new one over Let's Go?

This one doesn't look like shit

Also presumably it'll have more depth than the casual-aimed Let's Go games. Plus I never played them but Sun and Moon were supposed to make major changes to the formula so I doubt this one will play the same as X and Y.
« Last Edit: February 27, 2019, 05:43:20 PM by curly »

Rahxephon91

« Reply #4666 on: February 27, 2019, 05:44:31 PM »

The only pokemon I've played is X/Y and this looks the same but with better graphics. Hmmm.

Was reading the reactions on Era and a lot of people were mentioning things that Let's Go did that were improvements like non-random battles and riding pokemon and stuff. What's the downside of Let's Go? Like if I wanted to play a pokemon game on Switch in a year why would I play this new one over Let's Go?

I'm not a Pokemon fan, but my impressions from playing Lets Go and reading forum stuff is that Lets Go is a bit more dumbed down with it's mechanics. I mean you don't battle wild Pokemon to catch them, instead it borrows from the Lets Go Mobile game and that you use candies to "persuade" wild Pokemon and then have to use different tiers of balls to catch them complete with motion controls. There's also no HM skills to teach(I don't know if the other games after Ruby got rid of this) and leveling Pokemon isn't really done solely by battle. Also it's a remake of the original so some fans are tired of that aspect.

As a lapsed fan I liked Lets Go. The absence of random battles was great, but I won't lie the removal of leveling through wild battles was kind of lame. Sure you could level through just going out and catching Pokemon and that led to it's own mini game, but that could be annoying/tedious as well. Also I've played the original and the GBA Red Remake so while it was nice nostalgia, it was also kind of just that. I have yet to finish Lets Go.

So at least Sword and Shield will be set in a new place with new Pokemon. It will also be a more traditional JRPG then Lets Go.

But my impressions are the environments and graphics still kind of look like a high res 3DS game. I guess I was hoping for some huge graphical leap. Still, I haven't played a real mainline Pokemon game since Ruby and because the Switch is also a console and a handheld it appeals to me way more then just a handheld. So I'll gladly pick this up.
« Last Edit: February 27, 2019, 05:51:07 PM by Rahxephon91 »

curly

• cultural maoist
« Reply #4667 on: February 27, 2019, 05:49:36 PM »
Technically it's not impressive at all but the artstyle is so much better than Let's Go

Bebpo

« Reply #4668 on: February 27, 2019, 06:06:07 PM »
Idk, I’ve only seen some trailers but I thought Let’s Go had pretty good modern cell shaded graphics for the battles?

curly

• cultural maoist
« Reply #4669 on: February 27, 2019, 06:20:14 PM »

looks pretty uggo to me

Freyj

« Reply #4670 on: February 27, 2019, 07:11:28 PM »
No visible wild pokes is shit and the fanbase consistently holds this series back.

Bebpo

« Reply #4671 on: February 27, 2019, 07:25:39 PM »
(Image removed from quote.)

looks pretty uggo to me

Yeah, looking back at it, it's not as impressive as I thought. But idk coming from the 3ds game I played, it still looks a lot better to me :P

But at the end of the day I'm not playing a pokemon game again most likely, so doesn't matter. If Sword/Shield are really good and everyone praises them, maybe I'll give it a shot. I don't play multiplayer and don't care about the collecting aspect, so X/Y was just an alright but way too easy rpg. Would need a pokemon game with a more challenging SP campaign that requires some real strategy to get me to play another.

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #4672 on: February 28, 2019, 07:30:33 AM »
Travis Strikes Back DLC #1 with Shinobu and a visual novel with Bad Man is up today:

That song
:lawd
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3iUFH0w0DzQ
« Last Edit: February 28, 2019, 07:40:25 AM by bork »
ど助平

Cerveza mas fina

• filler
« Reply #4673 on: February 28, 2019, 12:08:50 PM »
I havent played Pokemon since Red/Blue 23 years ago so Ill give this a go.

Bebpo

« Reply #4674 on: March 02, 2019, 02:58:25 AM »
Picked up World of FF Maxima for $20 in the sale since I still have the game non-Maxima version in my backlog on PS4 and the Maxima upgrade is almost $20 in itself.

The graphic downgrade is pretty huge compared to the PS4/PC versions. The whole point of the art style is to have this shiny plastic filter look and the Switch version doesn't have the filter so it looks more like a normal PS3 rpg. In portable mode it's also realllly low-res like XB2 style. Will have to decide when I actually play it whether portability is gonna win over graphics. *edit* looks like it's 576p in portable, 900p docked. Yeah I have no problem with how it looks docked (but if I'm playing docked might as well play the PS4 better looking version). 576p definitely hurts the clean look of the art style.

This also makes me question waiting for DQXI Switch instead of getting back to my PS4 version. It may ended up looking pretty low res/bad in portable :| Because I spend so much time playing 1st party Nintendo stuff and 2d indie games on switch I keep forgetting it's more like a PS3 power-wise and not a PS4.
« Last Edit: March 02, 2019, 03:11:28 AM by Bebpo »

Maiden Voyage

• Junior
« Reply #4675 on: March 02, 2019, 08:38:14 AM »
Trying to decide on Trials Rising, World of FF Maxima, and FFXV Pocket Edition. :/

Mostly playing in handheld during trips for work or on the couch, while home.

Freyj

« Reply #4676 on: March 02, 2019, 12:40:12 PM »
DQXI S is intended to be played in 2D mode.  :hmph

demi

• cooler than willco
  • Administrator
« Reply #4677 on: March 02, 2019, 02:33:26 PM »
Trying to decide on Trials Rising, World of FF Maxima, and FFXV Pocket Edition. :/

Mostly playing in handheld during trips for work or on the couch, while home.

World of FF is pretty decent, I pick that.
fat

demi

• cooler than willco
  • Administrator
« Reply #4678 on: March 04, 2019, 12:24:35 AM »
Meijers has pokemon for $30, you can price match it. But i live near meijer so ill just cop it there. Gonna go with the tried and true pikachu.
fat

Maiden Voyage

• Junior
« Reply #4679 on: March 04, 2019, 07:29:24 AM »
I went with Trials. I've been wanting a new trials game in my life so it superseded my desire to give a jrpg a go.