Author Topic: Nintendo Switch Thread  (Read 943405 times)

Occam

Re: Nintendo Switch Thread
« Reply #6180 on: September 06, 2019, 08:35:04 AM »
I wonder if my Demon's Crest cartridge still has my savegame; I presume the battery is dead now.

Svejk

« Reply #6181 on: September 06, 2019, 09:21:40 AM »
Yeah. Days ago. I went to hyrule. Took a long way to kakariko apparently. Fought horseback’s bokoblins on foot and stole a horse. Arrived in kakariko and thought that would allow me to fast travel to it on my map. On the way back died without horse, horse didn’t come back. Later found a stable and learned you have to register the horse first. Last night caught another horse - wild this time - and registered it, and now back in kakariko. Hyrule Area is kind of slow and sucks so I’ll explore the rest of the world first. Want to learn how to fast travel to kakariko first tho.
I probably used a horse the least in BOTW than other Zelda's with Epona.  Warping to the spires and gliding to wherever was my traveling enjoyment pastime.  Which reminds me, I still need to finish all the dlc.  I still can't believe... a game with such freedom, you can't remap the buttons.  Fuck you, Nintendo.

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #6182 on: September 06, 2019, 09:26:12 AM »
Yeah. Days ago. I went to hyrule. Took a long way to kakariko apparently. Fought horseback’s bokoblins on foot and stole a horse. Arrived in kakariko and thought that would allow me to fast travel to it on my map. On the way back died without horse, horse didn’t come back. Later found a stable and learned you have to register the horse first. Last night caught another horse - wild this time - and registered it, and now back in kakariko. Hyrule Area is kind of slow and sucks so I’ll explore the rest of the world first. Want to learn how to fast travel to kakariko first tho.
I probably used a horse the least in BOTW than other Zelda's with Epona.  Warping to the spires and gliding to wherever was my traveling enjoyment pastime.  Which reminds me, I still need to finish all the dlc.  I still can't believe... a game with such freedom, you can't remap the buttons.  Fuck you, Nintendo.

"Nintendo" and "button remapping" are two things that seem to rarely go together.
ど助平

nachobro

• Live Más
« Reply #6183 on: September 06, 2019, 09:45:07 AM »
https://twitter.com/RealBenGilbert/status/1169965175396585473

goddamnit. how quickly they revert back to old nintendo :gloomy

CatsCatsCats

• 🤷‍♀️
« Reply #6184 on: September 06, 2019, 09:50:31 AM »
Idk not that bad, just not adding as often as they were

nachobro

• Live Más
« Reply #6185 on: September 06, 2019, 09:52:04 AM »
just removing a feature from their already mediocre online service as if there was a lack of snes/nes games out there to bring over

demi

• cooler than willco
  • Administrator
« Reply #6186 on: September 06, 2019, 10:11:05 AM »
Idk not that bad, just not adding as often as they were

Ya it worked out in the end for Wii and WiiU, it'll be fine

lmao
fat

CatsCatsCats

• 🤷‍♀️
« Reply #6187 on: September 06, 2019, 10:17:23 AM »
Y’all are right, I’m slipping back to my fanboi daze

nachobro

• Live Más
« Reply #6188 on: September 06, 2019, 10:22:17 AM »
listen, they added wrecking crew so that lets me forgive them for more than i should too :lol

anyway put smrpg on there, cowards

kingv

« Reply #6189 on: September 06, 2019, 10:28:18 AM »
I bet they want to do it in a way where they can make more impact for adding games.

I haven’t seen much talk about the monthly new games (and actually wasn’t even aware they were doing it).

My guess is if they do it quarterly, they can have a direct or part of a direct about it and create some buzz like the SNES announcement

Fifstar

« Reply #6190 on: September 06, 2019, 10:30:24 AM »

spoiler (click to show/hide)
You know that you can fast travel to the shrines?
And that there is a shrine on the mountain in Kakariko?
[close]
[close]
Gulp

Himu

« Reply #6191 on: September 06, 2019, 10:31:34 AM »
I know I can fast travel to shrines but didn’t know kakariko has a shrine. I took out a few shrines in the general area but not in the town. Thanks!
IYKYK

Fifstar

« Reply #6192 on: September 06, 2019, 10:37:16 AM »

That's really weird. I mean the monthly addition of stuff is what keeps people subscribed. For me this kinda kills my interest in this. Yeah, the initial line up is pretty cool, but waiting for new stuff is half the fun of a service like that.
Gulp

Himu

« Reply #6193 on: September 06, 2019, 10:40:15 AM »
Maybe they're paying attention to how MS handles game pass
IYKYK

nachobro

• Live Más
« Reply #6194 on: September 06, 2019, 10:43:49 AM »
game pass adds titles every month

Himu

« Reply #6195 on: September 06, 2019, 10:44:28 AM »
IYKYK

Occam

« Reply #6196 on: September 06, 2019, 11:08:08 AM »
just removing a feature from their already mediocre online service as if there was a lack of snes/nes games out there to bring over

Gotta make people excited about 30 year-old ROMs by making them more scarce with long waits between releases. How else do you get them to rebuy the same ROMs every generation?

Svejk

« Reply #6197 on: September 06, 2019, 11:26:46 AM »

Gotta make people excited about 30 year-old ROMs by making them more scarce with long waits between releases. How else do you get them to rebuy the same ROMs every generation?
"It's the Nintendo difference."
 :miyamoto

demi

• cooler than willco
  • Administrator
« Reply #6198 on: September 06, 2019, 11:29:33 AM »
The audio is really low on handheld mode too (SNES)

But it definitely is an updated emulator from the SNES Classic, since Kirby Dream Land 3 works great, and Yoshi's Island has the "fuzzy dizzy" effect fixed
fat

james

• Donate to the JAMES FUND
« Reply #6199 on: September 06, 2019, 12:13:20 PM »

You must be a restera user because clearly you cant fucking read.

"More NES games will be added in the future, but those releases will not adhere to a regular schedule," a Nintendo representative told Business Insider in an email this week. "

So instead of releasing on the 2nd Tuesday of the month, the games will likely release tied to other events. IE, release Mario is Missing the day before Luigis Mansion.

Could even mean games release more frequently. Instead of 3 every month, they could do 1 a week (nes-snes-nes-snes)

:O

nachobro

• Live Más
« Reply #6200 on: September 06, 2019, 12:17:08 PM »
yeah i read it you moronic pedophile. releasing at random times with no schedule or notice or even expectation is old nintendo style like the wii u. it's just as stupid as you are.

one release a week would be a regular schedule, dummy.

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #6201 on: September 06, 2019, 12:24:35 PM »
They'll probably do dumps during directs or for specific games.

Or they want to see the player counts on those SNES games before allocating more resources to releasing additional titles.
Nintendo have always been penny pinchers
🤴

nachobro

• Live Más
« Reply #6202 on: September 06, 2019, 12:27:23 PM »
it really is the most nintendo thing ever to cut off (or "cut down" for the autie pedo) the only real benefit of their PS2-era online service :lol

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #6203 on: September 06, 2019, 12:54:07 PM »
You guys jinxed it nintendo is about to shit the bed wii music style

https://twitter.com/NintendoEurope/status/1169731967132323841
🤴

james

« Reply #6204 on: September 06, 2019, 01:04:07 PM »
yeah i read it you moronic pedophile. releasing at random times with no schedule or notice or even expectation is old nintendo style like the wii u. it's just as stupid as you are.

one release a week would be a regular schedule, dummy.

Delete your account and sell your switch you imbecile you don't deserve what Nintendo provides

nachobro

• Live Más
« Reply #6205 on: September 06, 2019, 01:11:48 PM »
 :hmph

EchoRin

• Hey, it's that dog.
« Reply #6206 on: September 06, 2019, 01:19:13 PM »

Hyrule being the middle part of the map I presume? It's been much too long since I played BotW. Yeah there isn't much reason to dabble around the center of the map this early in the game in my opinion (unless you are attempting to "test your might"). Are you going to the area old man Santa Clause told you to go to (or maybe it was the important person in Kakiriko that tells you)? You can fast travel as soon as you leave the Plateau already?

Sorry I have all these questions. It's just that I scarfed down the whole game sans DLC the first month it came out  :lol.

Either way I'm excited to hear about your journey. So much fun to listen/read about a player's first time going through this game.

Himu

« Reply #6207 on: September 06, 2019, 01:22:53 PM »
King boi told me to go to kakariko. Which iirc is the hyrule section of the map right next to the steppe
IYKYK

Himu

« Reply #6208 on: September 06, 2019, 01:36:57 PM »
I have to say that it’s hyperbole when people say BOTW has no puzzles or dungeons or the puzzles are dead easy. They’re about as challenging as OoT/MM puzzles except bite sized. Like the shrine next to the stable near kakariko has spikes and shit. I had no idea how to get around it so I figured I’d save it for later. Saw some big black thing (a hole? A cave?) in some cliff near the shrine. Climb up and it’s some ore. I notice that the cliff is the perfect height to glide in to the shrine so I attempt to do so and I make it.

It’s the kind of expository light bulb moment that happens in many Zelda games. Especially Ocarina when you’re looking for where to go and there’s a fucking hookshot thing you missed or even the Water temple hiding that key. Not hard, but definitely a,”hmmm” moment and I find it to be a natural evolution of the formula.

Feels like people are bitching to bitch.

Finally, I regret getting the neon switch. It looks cool in pics but looks kiddie irl. I wish I had different color joy cons or better yet, Nintendo had made a white version.
IYKYK

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #6209 on: September 06, 2019, 01:40:17 PM »
Neon Red/Blue is the most awesome look for Switch.

Sooo pretty.  :heart
🤴

james

« Reply #6210 on: September 06, 2019, 01:44:48 PM »
The only colors that matter

Himu

« Reply #6211 on: September 06, 2019, 01:48:59 PM »
:kobeyuck

I should have gotten black joycon like an adult. Or rather, as an adult that isn’t attracted to children.
IYKYK

nachobro

• Live Más
« Reply #6212 on: September 06, 2019, 01:53:29 PM »
i got the black but ended up getting a set of neons cause i liked the way they looked and now the black ones sit on the charger :lol

the neons that come with the console are the reverse color of the neons bought separately iirc so lmk if you want to trade. then i can have an all red or all blue one. :D

EchoRin

• Hey, it's that dog.
« Reply #6213 on: September 06, 2019, 01:58:01 PM »

I should have gotten black joycon like an adult. Or rather, as an adult that isn’t attracted to children.
Heh. I went with the standard color red/blue. Figured it would make it easier to identify which one is left and right in a finger snap via color.

By the way. Not to prod too much about your BotW journey, but since you are at the beginning, are you finding some of the enemy encounters challenging along with your weapons breaking? I didn't think it was a big deal. A little bit like being pushed into the deep end, but I didn't feel like it was some ___ Souls moment where you feel completely overwhelmed at the humble beginnings.

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #6214 on: September 06, 2019, 01:58:48 PM »

(Image removed from quote.)
Luckily the Cum Squidz 2 bundle in Europe didn't have the Epstein color scheme  :whew

Heh. I went with the standard color red/blue. Figured it would make it easier to identify which one is left and right in a finger snap via color.

By the way. Not to prod too much about your BotW journey, but since you are at the beginning, are you finding some of the enemy encounters challenging along with your weapons breaking? I didn't think it was a big deal. A little bit like being pushed into the deep end, but I didn't feel like it was some ___ Souls moment where you feel completely overwhelmed at the humble beginnings.
The first time I fought a Lynel was definitely a 'now what' moment.
Some other encounters too. At that point I didn't really need to 'perfect dodge' before.

And I played it on Wii U, which was the more 'epic' version at 20fps
🤴

Himu

« Reply #6215 on: September 06, 2019, 02:00:50 PM »
I don’t find the enemies overwhelming besides guardians. You can run away from most enemies easily and have no reason to engage in combat a lot of times. Survival > combat. It’s not like these enemies block progress like a Soulsborne game. They’re just people on a field. Who cares. Run away. If there’s any thing I’m struggling with it’s parrying and evading to get the multi strike thing.
IYKYK

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #6216 on: September 06, 2019, 02:06:03 PM »
I don’t find the enemies overwhelming besides guardians. You can run away from most enemies easily and have no reason to engage in combat a lot of times. Survival > combat. It’s not like these enemies block progress like a Soulsborne game. They’re just people on a field. Who cares. Run away. If there’s any thing I’m struggling with it’s parrying and evading to get the multi strike thing.
Some lynels are pretty hard to evade. I remember that I had to cross a bridge somewhere and I couldn't without defeating the Lynel first.
Same with another location relevant to the story which had an enemy right at the door.
🤴

Raist

• Winner of the Baited Award 2018
« Reply #6217 on: September 06, 2019, 02:17:02 PM »
Dumb new accessory gimmick - a fucking soft plastic ring that will likely retail for 30 bucks if not more.

Luring people to sub to their shite online with the prospect of "free" retro games updated each month and then quietly dropping that schedule.

Nintendo's back :rejoice

james

« Reply #6218 on: September 06, 2019, 02:22:38 PM »
Fuck you all my girlfriend loves my pink joycon

Himu

« Reply #6219 on: September 06, 2019, 02:31:46 PM »
I like how all the posts mentioning the fitness peripheral thing don’t mention that Nintendo didn’t even bring it up during direct, showing they now have learned how to cater to their core audience and their casual audience. They can coexist. Except now they aren’t marketing it to hardcore. This is a good thing and step up.
IYKYK

Akala

• Easy Victor
« Reply #6220 on: September 06, 2019, 02:32:53 PM »
I like the splatoon joycons and have a splatoon pro controller as well.  :shh

EchoRin

• Hey, it's that dog.
« Reply #6221 on: September 06, 2019, 02:38:22 PM »

Luckily the Cum Squidz 2 bundle in Europe didn't have the Epstein color scheme  :whew

Some other encounters too. At that point I didn't really need to 'perfect dodge' before.

Oh for sure. Especially that Lynel that
you have to take down in Zora Domain, which was the first Lynel I saw.
[close]
. In the end I had to back off and take on it later in the game. Not sure if Cindi has encountered that enemy though. Maybe we should spoiler tag that stuff?

I also played on the Wii U. Thought it ran totally fine for the vast majority of the game. Didn't the Switch version have some hickup or some minor graphics issue at launch instead?

Himu

« Reply #6222 on: September 06, 2019, 02:45:11 PM »
Did the shrine at kakariko so I finally got a tutorial on evading/parry and I was doing parry wrong the whole time. Time to try out some Guardians.
IYKYK

EchoRin

• Hey, it's that dog.
« Reply #6223 on: September 06, 2019, 02:45:50 PM »
I still suck at parrying. Good luck  :)

Sho Nuff

• o/~ TOUCH ME AND I'LL BREAK YOUR FACE o/~
« Reply #6224 on: September 06, 2019, 02:47:55 PM »
I'll take "Things found at Goodwill for $1.99 in 2023," Alex

Himu

« Reply #6225 on: September 06, 2019, 02:50:26 PM »
Jesus the English voice acting is awful. Impa just narrated as if reading a script. I had it in Japanese before and wanted to try English. Good God. Thankfully there’s barely any voice acting.
IYKYK

Fifstar

« Reply #6226 on: September 06, 2019, 02:54:09 PM »
I like how all the posts mentioning the fitness peripheral thing don’t mention that Nintendo didn’t even bring it up during direct, showing they now have learned how to cater to their core audience and their casual audience. They can coexist. Except now they aren’t marketing it to hardcore. This is a good thing and step up.

Yup. Wii ERA Nintendo would have teased us with a direct and then spend the direct drumming up some casual shit. Now it's just a side project which they don't try to shove down the gamers throats.
Gulp

james

« Reply #6227 on: September 06, 2019, 03:04:29 PM »
I like the splatoon joycons and have a splatoon pro controller as well.  :shh

Thank god this shithole forum has at least one poster of culture

Himu

« Reply #6228 on: September 06, 2019, 03:07:13 PM »
Just took out a guardian on first try thanks to parry. Didn’t think it’d one hit kill. Pretty easy.
IYKYK

james

« Reply #6229 on: September 06, 2019, 03:08:24 PM »

Oh for sure. Especially that Lynel that
you have to take down in Zora Domain, which was the first Lynel I saw.
[close]
. In the end I had to back off and take on it later in the game. Not sure if Cindi has encountered that enemy though. Maybe we should spoiler tag that stuff?

I also played on the Wii U. Thought it ran totally fine for the vast majority of the game. Didn't the Switch version have some hickup or some minor graphics issue at launch instead?

There is no reason to engage with that Lynel. All you need to do is sneak around and collect the arrows, as the damn people in the story tell you to do.

EchoRin

• Hey, it's that dog.
« Reply #6230 on: September 06, 2019, 03:12:58 PM »
I did after trying many times to take him down. Was trying to bite off much more than I could chew before throwing up my hands and only getting the arrows.
Though I'm pretty sure he was still the first one I downed eventually.

demi

• cooler than willco
  • Administrator
« Reply #6231 on: September 06, 2019, 03:13:44 PM »
imagine not being able to kill the lynel the first time. how bad are you at videogames
fat

Himu

« Reply #6232 on: September 06, 2019, 03:59:33 PM »
Joe and Mac 2 is utter balls and should have been left to history.
IYKYK

Cerveza mas fina

• I don't care for Islam tbqh
  • filler
« Reply #6233 on: September 06, 2019, 04:05:16 PM »
This astral chains story  :doge

Such weaboo

"This is where dad came to feed cats"

Zzzz

CatsCatsCats

• 🤷‍♀️
« Reply #6234 on: September 06, 2019, 04:10:08 PM »
He fed the cats cum? That is pretty weeaboo

Occam

« Reply #6235 on: September 06, 2019, 04:10:47 PM »

Emulation is free, you know, you can try before you pay money for those glorified long term rentals.

Chooky

« Reply #6236 on: September 06, 2019, 04:12:21 PM »

Eva joycons :bow2

imagine not being able to kill the lynel the first time. how bad are you at videogames

i played master mode my first playthru because im a true gamer. get on my level you fucking cowards

CatsCatsCats

• 🤷‍♀️
« Reply #6237 on: September 06, 2019, 04:12:43 PM »

Emulation is free, you know, you can try before you pay money for those glorified long term rentals.

It’s free with Nintendo online, dummy

Himu

« Reply #6238 on: September 06, 2019, 04:15:22 PM »

Shut the fuck up. No one gives a shit.
IYKYK

Cerveza mas fina

• I don't care for Islam tbqh
  • filler
« Reply #6239 on: September 06, 2019, 04:18:32 PM »
Still game def has something, kind of feels like a Sega game.

Im enjoying it.

Im just like on the 4th case so fare.