Author Topic: Nintendo Switch Thread  (Read 933914 times)

Cerveza mas fina

• I don't care for Islam tbqh
  • filler
Re: Nintendo Switch Thread
« Reply #6240 on: September 06, 2019, 04:27:37 PM »
There is such dumb things in this game though like cleaning your Legion. Like you need to manually shoot at dirty spots  :lol

Trent Dole

• the sharpest tool in the shed
« Reply #6241 on: September 06, 2019, 04:27:51 PM »
He fed the cats cum? That is pretty weeaboo

Hi

Joe Molotov

• I'm much more humble than you would understand.
  • Administrator
« Reply #6242 on: September 06, 2019, 04:56:47 PM »
There is such dumb things in this game though like cleaning your Legion. Like you need to manually shoot at dirty spots  :lol

Or you could not, since it literally does nothing.  :doge
©@©™

HardcoreRetro

• Punk Mushi no Onna
« Reply #6243 on: September 06, 2019, 05:04:47 PM »
What about my sense of pride in taking good care of my Legion.

nachobro

• Live Más
« Reply #6244 on: September 06, 2019, 05:10:56 PM »
eMULaTioN is FREe, yOU KnOW :lol

shaddup clown

HardcoreRetro

• Punk Mushi no Onna
« Reply #6245 on: September 06, 2019, 05:39:26 PM »
Don't sleep on it, y'all.

I'd break the damn game if I tried doing that with my fat ass. Superfluous information.

Occam

« Reply #6246 on: September 06, 2019, 05:51:44 PM »
Joe and Mac 2 is utter balls and should have been left to history.

Emulation is free, you know, you can try before you pay money for those glorified long term rentals.

It’s free with Nintendo online, dummy

Not giving money to Nintendo for their sub-par online service/paywall, so I had no idea. So how long do you keep those games?

james

• Donate to the JAMES FUND
« Reply #6247 on: September 06, 2019, 06:03:13 PM »
Joe and Mac 2 is utter balls and should have been left to history.

Emulation is free, you know, you can try before you pay money for those glorified long term rentals.

It’s free with Nintendo online, dummy

Not giving money to Nintendo for their sub-par online service/paywall, so I had no idea. So how long do you keep those games?

They are yours as long as you want them
:O

Trent Dole

• the sharpest tool in the shed
« Reply #6248 on: September 06, 2019, 06:05:53 PM »
They don't go away when/if your subscription ends?
Hi

nachobro

• Live Más
« Reply #6249 on: September 06, 2019, 06:06:08 PM »
i no longer want yoshi's island. can i trade it in for a good game?

they do but i'm not too concerned. i got two years on it still cause i got a free year from twitch prime

CatsCatsCats

• 🤷‍♀️
« Reply #6250 on: September 06, 2019, 06:07:52 PM »
You can’t diss YI like that :rage

nachobro

• Live Más
« Reply #6251 on: September 06, 2019, 06:17:11 PM »
IT SUCKS

:steiner

GIMME SMRPG GODDAMNIT

CatsCatsCats

• 🤷‍♀️
« Reply #6252 on: September 06, 2019, 06:25:11 PM »
Well, I also like that game ???

nachobro

• Live Más
« Reply #6253 on: September 06, 2019, 06:33:26 PM »
no i mean you personally. send it over pls.

Himu

« Reply #6254 on: September 06, 2019, 06:37:18 PM »
Consider it a Nintendo game rental service, which is what gamers cried about wanting for years but now complain now that they’ve got it jfc

You don't even dl the games. You dl an app - nes or snes - and then pick whatever game you want to play at any moment like Netflix. Fuck.
IYKYK

Akala

• Easy Victor
« Reply #6255 on: September 06, 2019, 06:56:51 PM »
I haven't checked, the NES and SNES you still have to be online to play? Or just when first launching?

kingv

« Reply #6256 on: September 06, 2019, 07:02:22 PM »
I believe it’s neither. I have played it on a plane in airplane mode.

Olivia Wilde Homo

• Proud Kinkshamer
« Reply #6257 on: September 06, 2019, 07:34:48 PM »
I wasn’t too impressed with Zelda Skyrim but it’s not a series that has ever tickled my nerd pickle. I do appreciate that they were moving on from the OOT formula, vociferous laudations aside, because the formula was about 20 years old when BOTW came out.

i got the black but ended up getting a set of neons cause i liked the way they looked and now the black ones sit on the charger :lol

the neons that come with the console are the reverse color of the neons bought separately iirc so lmk if you want to trade. then i can have an all red or all blue one. :D

I ditched all the joycons. Pro Controller supremacy :smug
🍆🍆

nachobro

• Live Más
« Reply #6258 on: September 06, 2019, 07:50:00 PM »
my wife and her siblings love mario party and that's single joycon only so we had to get four

Human Snorenado

• Stay out of Malibu, Lebowski
  • Icon
« Reply #6259 on: September 06, 2019, 07:58:50 PM »
my wife and her siblings love mario party and that's single joycon only so we had to get four

Or... and just work with me here... you could get a new wife.
yar

CatsCatsCats

• 🤷‍♀️
« Reply #6260 on: September 06, 2019, 08:00:51 PM »
No u, mario party is lit

nachobro

• Live Más
« Reply #6261 on: September 06, 2019, 08:02:33 PM »
too much work, joycons much easier

Olivia Wilde Homo

• Proud Kinkshamer
« Reply #6262 on: September 06, 2019, 08:15:33 PM »
Your wife is pretty easy too
🍆🍆

CatsCatsCats

• 🤷‍♀️
« Reply #6263 on: September 06, 2019, 08:53:58 PM »
Only if you know the cheat codes :rodney

Himu

« Reply #6264 on: September 06, 2019, 09:15:24 PM »
I wasn’t too impressed with Zelda Skyrim but it’s not a series that has ever tickled my nerd pickle. I do appreciate that they were moving on from the OOT formula, vociferous laudations aside, because the formula was about 20 years old when BOTW came out.

i got the black but ended up getting a set of neons cause i liked the way they looked and now the black ones sit on the charger :lol

the neons that come with the console are the reverse color of the neons bought separately iirc so lmk if you want to trade. then i can have an all red or all blue one. :D

Actually, OoT is the LTTP formula. So it was well over 20 years.

30 if you consider LTTP just an evolutionary step on what the original Zelda already did like I do.
IYKYK

CatsCatsCats

• 🤷‍♀️
« Reply #6265 on: September 06, 2019, 09:21:32 PM »
What was y’alls first Zelda? Links Awakening here, then LttP after I met a kid at elementary who was also into games and he told me about it

Wait false, we had Zelda 2 on nes. For years that was Zelda to me — you know that noise when you run into an enemy in the overworld? For some reason I had decided it was saying broooooooown.

Himu

« Reply #6266 on: September 06, 2019, 09:33:49 PM »
What was y’alls first Zelda? Links Awakening here, then LttP after I met a kid at elementary who was also into games and he told me about it

Wait false, we had Zelda 2 on nes. For years that was Zelda to me — you know that noise when you run into an enemy in the overworld? For some reason I had decided it was saying broooooooown.

Zelda 1 then 2. Hated 2. Dream of beating it some day.
IYKYK

nachobro

• Live Más
« Reply #6267 on: September 06, 2019, 09:54:06 PM »
Zelda 1 and then Link's Awakening. Didn't know there was even a Zelda 2 for a while :lol

CatsCatsCats

• 🤷‍♀️
« Reply #6268 on: September 06, 2019, 10:14:19 PM »

Zelda 1 then 2. Hated 2. Dream of beating it some day.

I finally beat the cart (with a dead battery) in my 20s

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #6269 on: September 06, 2019, 11:36:04 PM »
I haven't checked, the NES and SNES you still have to be online to play? Or just when first launching?
I believe it’s neither. I have played it on a plane in airplane mode.

The games are downloaded to your system and they check to verify that you have Nintendo Online active.  IIRC it will re-check to verify every so often so you could be SOL if you don't have an Internet connection available.
ど助平

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #6270 on: September 06, 2019, 11:39:06 PM »

Played a little bit of Zelda and Link's Adventure on NES as a kid, but never really cared for either and we never had the games.  We got A Link To The Past when we got an SNES and I loved that game.  Played and re-played it a ton of times.  Loved the shit out of Link's Awakening, too.  And that's really about it for Zelda for me.  Never played the Seasons games or cared much for the 3D games until BoTW, which I didn't finish- I got kind of "stuck" running around looking for stuff and put it aside.  Will get back to it one day maybe.

The one Zelda I'd like to play is Minish Cap- just never got around to playing it.  Also liked A Link Between Worlds but didn't finish it.  Would love to have that ported to Switch.
ど助平

Himu

« Reply #6271 on: September 06, 2019, 11:51:09 PM »
Minish cap is a mediocre Zelda game. There’s a reason no one really talks about it over ten years later. My opinion, of course.
IYKYK

james

• Donate to the JAMES FUND
« Reply #6272 on: September 07, 2019, 12:16:01 AM »

They are yours as long as you want them
:O

CatsCatsCats

• 🤷‍♀️
« Reply #6273 on: September 07, 2019, 01:16:39 AM »
I thought it was solid but nothin that sticks out as super good

Himu

« Reply #6274 on: September 07, 2019, 01:53:19 AM »
Thought BOTW was great at first but it’s not clicking anymore. It’s not bad but it’s not grabbing me after the initial hurrah either. So far none of the areas are as fun as the Steppe was when starting out and that’s mostly the fresh new smell.

Mario Odyssey is a far, far better game.
IYKYK

Himu

« Reply #6275 on: September 07, 2019, 02:25:16 AM »
Hm. Spoke too soon. Found a dungeon with tough mini guardian enemies and found 100 rupees and a diamond. Very rewarding given rupee scarcity. The puzzles were also fun as fuck. Now I can sell the diamond and buy shit and hopefully en able to take on stronger enemies. Being so strapped for cash you can’t afford arrows gets tedious. 
IYKYK

Cerveza mas fina

• filler
« Reply #6276 on: September 07, 2019, 08:02:13 AM »
I tried nes Zelda and didnt like it

Bought LA and loooved it, maybe the first game I ever finished

Cerveza mas fina

• filler
« Reply #6277 on: September 07, 2019, 08:10:22 AM »
BOTW is pretty great.

Its basically a sandboxy open world thats cool to explore and find shrines which are bite size handheld friendly dungeons. Finding shrines and doing them is what makes the game fun.

Only thing they dropped the ball on is that there are only 4 samey dungeons. Think if BOTW had 6-8 unique and big dungeons on top of the sand box overworld and shrines it would have been a top 10 of all time game for me. Now its my third fav Zelda.

Himu

« Reply #6278 on: September 07, 2019, 11:50:21 AM »
Sorry, only registered users can see this content. Please Login or Register.
IYKYK

kingv

« Reply #6279 on: September 07, 2019, 02:02:53 PM »
Once I got the timing down for the lasers on guardians, I thought they were pretty easy too.

I think there was like a silver lynel that I never managed to beat.

Cindi, you’d probably like the abandoned island or whatever it’s called. Basically you have to get these orbs that are protected in various spots but they take all of your gear when you get there so it’s a puzzle how you can try to use the environment to beat the challenges.

Rman

« Reply #6280 on: September 07, 2019, 02:12:55 PM »
Any of you guys planning on adding a Switch Lite to your rotation? Thinking of doing this and leaving my OG Switch tethered to the TV.

My only issue is if the Nintendo’s cloud save feature is serviceable. They are already making exceptions with AC and Pokémon (lol at the concern of cloning monsters made of 0’s and 1’s). 

Himu

« Reply #6281 on: September 07, 2019, 02:18:26 PM »
Hm. Starting to dig this more again. Experimenting with cooking and cooked a whole bunch of food and elixirs I found, found me a solid color horse, bought arrows because they're in short supply. I want to buy the armor in Kakariko but I might save it for the next town. I've gotten combat mechanics, parrying down, and just need to understand how the fuck dodge/evasion works. I'm getting better at that, but it's not regular. Like that the game doesn't hold your hand one bit and you have to figure out recipes yourself. There's recipe menus on the walls but you have to actually examine and interact with the world to find them which is the opposite of modern open world design. I think I'm about ready to to go to the next story bit. I like that the game has lots of choice. Like, a choice between heart containers and stamina, or increasing weapon, armor, or shield slots. Lots of choice and options here.

I might buy one more thing of arrows and save the rest for later.

I'm also holding on to stuff like my diamond and ancient gear parts because with the recipe system in this game I'm positive, but not quite certain, that it has lots of crafting.
IYKYK

BisMarckie

« Reply #6282 on: September 07, 2019, 02:39:18 PM »

I’m using the Xbox One controller, why bother with an inferior product when you can just use the best controller around? :rejoice

Himu

« Reply #6283 on: September 07, 2019, 02:39:26 PM »
You have to appreciate the small things in BOTW.

NPC dialogue is contextual and every character seems to have a story. In a game like a Bethesda rpg a lot of npcs repeat the same shit (arrow to the knee;etc) but in this, you can talk to villagers in kakariko and an old woman will muse about what she should cook her husband. When it rains, Paya talks about how she doesn't understand folks who dislike the rain. There's a story between a pumpkin farmer and a carrot farmer;etc. And this is just one town in one massive, massive game.

I'm very impressed by the effort and detail that we've never seen from a Zelda game   before.

There's a lot to appreciate in BOTW.
IYKYK

Himu

« Reply #6284 on: September 07, 2019, 04:15:56 PM »
The journey to Hateno is classic Zelda shit.

:gladbron

Also got evading down. :jawalrus
IYKYK

Svejk

« Reply #6285 on: September 07, 2019, 04:40:12 PM »
Hm. Starting to dig this more again. Experimenting with cooking and cooked a whole bunch of food and elixirs I found, found me a solid color horse, bought arrows because they're in short supply. I want to buy the armor in Kakariko but I might save it for the next town. I've gotten combat mechanics, parrying down, and just need to understand how the fuck dodge/evasion works. I'm getting better at that, but it's not regular. Like that the game doesn't hold your hand one bit and you have to figure out recipes yourself.
One of the best, simple recipes off the top my head;
1x apple
1x palm fruit
1x acorn
1x hearty durian
= Full recovery +4

Hearty radish and meat usually makes full recovery + too.

Himu

« Reply #6286 on: September 07, 2019, 04:53:22 PM »
Yeah hearty stuff seem real good.
IYKYK

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #6287 on: September 07, 2019, 05:15:42 PM »
Any of you guys planning on adding a Switch Lite to your rotation? Thinking of doing this and leaving my OG Switch tethered to the TV.

My only issue is if the Nintendo’s cloud save feature is serviceable. They are already making exceptions with AC and Pokémon (lol at the concern of cloning monsters made of 0’s and 1’s).

Don't see the point in doing this when the whole purpose of the Switch is to be able to use the same console as a handheld or on TV.  Would have gotten a Lite if it had TV-out, but don't care now that the O.G. got the better battery which lasts longer than the Lite does.
ど助平

Olivia Wilde Homo

• Proud Kinkshamer
« Reply #6288 on: September 07, 2019, 05:36:46 PM »

Zelda 2 was my first. I wanted the first one but my parents got me the second one by mistake. Or maybe I was a bad kid that year and they gave me Zelda 2 as punishment.

The only Zelda game I really had fun with was Link’s Awakening DX.
🍆🍆

Himu

« Reply #6289 on: September 07, 2019, 05:54:36 PM »
Can confirm snes app works offline. Played Demon’s Crest on the go. 8)
IYKYK

Rahxephon91

« Reply #6290 on: September 07, 2019, 05:54:37 PM »
My first and only real Zelda was Zelda 64.

Never cared for the series after that.

BisMarckie

« Reply #6291 on: September 07, 2019, 05:59:50 PM »
My first Zelda was LTTP, it is a good game, but I don’t have any affection for the series.

I thought BOTW was kind of boring. :trumps

Himu

« Reply #6292 on: September 07, 2019, 06:36:47 PM »
Considering finally beating Zelda II after Demon’s Crest. No save states of course. 8)
IYKYK

BisMarckie

« Reply #6293 on: September 07, 2019, 06:46:37 PM »
Beat Super Ghouls n Ghosts without throwing your Switch against the wall

Himu

« Reply #6294 on: September 07, 2019, 07:30:22 PM »
I got halfway through that in my snes classic with the intention 1 credit it. I forgot about it and didn’t finish but I’m positive the muscle memory is still there. Game is nothing and much easier compared to Ghosts n Goblins nes or arcade. :yeshrug
« Last Edit: September 07, 2019, 07:34:34 PM by Cindi Mayweather »
IYKYK

BisMarckie

« Reply #6295 on: September 07, 2019, 07:32:45 PM »
It‘s one of these games I just can‘t beat without save states.

That fucking double jump. :stahp

Himu

« Reply #6296 on: September 07, 2019, 07:34:54 PM »
The double jump is partially why I think it’s easier than ghosts n goblins
IYKYK

Occam

« Reply #6297 on: September 07, 2019, 08:01:50 PM »

I’m using the Xbox One controller, why bother with an inferior product when you can just use the best controller around? :rejoice
Exactly, which is why I'm using a Dualshock 4 controller with a Mayflash Magic-NS adapter. The DS4 even has motion controls (sixaxis) which can be used in Switch games that support it (e.g. aiming in BOTW). Best of all, it has a great d-pad and symmetrical sticks for people born with symmetrical thumbs. It also supports rumble and has the same number of buttons as a Switch Pro Controller (the DS4 touchpad is used to take screenshots) so you don't lose any functionality.
« Last Edit: September 07, 2019, 08:14:26 PM by Occam »

Rman

« Reply #6298 on: September 07, 2019, 08:30:44 PM »
Beat Super Ghouls n Ghosts without throwing your Switch against the wall
I used the rewind function. No Ragrets.

Chooky

« Reply #6299 on: September 07, 2019, 08:41:31 PM »
Considering finally beating Zelda II after Demon’s Crest. No save states of course. 8)

it's not hard at all when you're grown and understand leveling up, save for a couple of parts. restarting at the beginning of the game is still annoying af tho.